Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Home

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Trick smiles, "And that's part of what I love about you, and I hope our boys learn to do the same."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie relaxes, morose thoughts about the origins of her power replaced by the anticipation of the family they'll raise.

"I hope so too. And we should head back now, I think. We've learned what we came here to learn."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Right. I'll end the ritual," Trick says, and she closes her eyes to focus.

A moment later, Sophie will find herself nestled up against Trick once more, their foreheads touching, laying in the hammock as the room slowly warps back to its normal proportions from the sphere it had turned into under Trick's power.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Feb 14, 2023 3:37 pm Bloodplunder House- Not Nana's

"You might do better if you woke up. I know you're doing this, and it's useful, but... you've slept through three group practical lessons. Diplomacy's all about interacting with groups, and you're sleeping through the chance to interact with groups." It's ultimately up to Aikobaz if she sleeps or attends a given lesson, but it does seem slightly counterproductive to dream a lesson on diplomacy without actually practicing diplomacy with other students. "How many of our classmates do you even know, actually? Your social life is... It seems to be suffering a little." Although Aigothurz already gave some advice on that, on how to treat other people. Yet to see if it works.
[Bloodplunder House - Not Nana's]

"That depends on what you mean by 'know'." Aikobaz sighs. "I've seen a lot of them. In the broad sense, I have a good idea of their comings and goings. I know the composition of the school's sports teams, I know about that device Mat has in her locker, I know about Fred's depth perception problem, I know why Tara's suddenly declaring that her birthday's coming up, I know how Vallarm, Brignole, and Ty-Maldwyn spent Thanksmas. But I do not really spend a lot of time with them. I don't much care for Brignole; she reminds me far too much of..." She nods back in the direction her younger self was not too long ago, the tiny tyrant reappearing just long enough to make her point. "...So, yes. I suppose it would be fair to say my social life has been suffering a little."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodplunder House- Not Nana's

"In some respects, that's more than I do. But then, I know other things. I know what Mat said to me when I asked if she fancied meeting up for ice cream outside school. I know Fred's real name, and her response to the same offer. I know what's up with Gemini, and her favourite ice cream flavour. I know what's under Khannie Vallarm's illusion, but not her ice cream tastes. And I know Mary Brignole's niece." But Earl is aware that unlike Aikobaz, Aigothurz doesn't have any divinatory abilities and so is limited to what's either public knowledge or things he can reasonably guess to be such.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Thursday Violist wrote: Feb 01, 2023 9:33 am [Bellamy House]

The wall of flame is, in fact, fairly effective at getting Sirena to pause.
Her computer didn't warn her that she'd have to worry about a sudden wall of scorching flame! And, even though Sirena's absolutely confident that she could get through it fine, what about the kid? Toddlers can't survive getting burned up! Sirena glances back to see what kind of awful vigilante would rather painfully burn a kid to death than let them get kidnapped.
. . .
And she sees that she's very rapidly losing her head-start.
At this rate, her robots that she had out prepared will be too far away to help her!
Um.
Um um um um
um um um um um umumumum umumumum

Sirena types out something really quick, and her watch creates a pink energy shield around Manja to protect her from the fire.
And she's really got to get going or she'll be caught and ganged up on. Sure, she still might be able to accomplish her goal of disrupting things, but if that happens she won't be able to see for herself whether or not she was successful!

Sirena closes her eyes, exhales, double-checks Manja's energy shield, and runs through the flame wall, fully expecting to get burned. And is incredibly dismayed when she immediately discovers it wasn't even capable of burning her or Manja in the first place.
She got straight-up fooled by some dumb illusory fire!

The kidnapper starts sprinting again, but has completely lost her head-start.
Really, it's only a matter of time before someone catches up. Even with her battle form boosting her strength and speed, it's not enough to outrun everybody especially after stopping for so long in front of the spirit-fire.

As a result of the reaction of everyone else, Harley tries to grab the hologram Manja to...well, she's not exactly sure why.
But, as expected, her arms just go straight through the hologram.

Her brain breaks as she tries to process what's going on.
Manja's not here
How?
Manja's out there
Once it's had time to restart, dozens of thoughts fly through her head, trying to come up with why and how and more complex thoughts such as is this all a distraction and this is all my fault and if this is another assassination attempt, what's going to happen next...

Since Rein is chasing after, Harley figures she probably doesn't have to worry. In that case, the new worst case scenario, Harley thinks, is if this was a distraction to draw everyone's attention away from Obriane and Kitsuki's kids.
To follow up on that thought, she checks if the other kids were also illusions (they're not) or if it was just Manja (it was just her), and forcefully tells them, "Stay together, don't move," at least until both Kitsuki and Obriane are back in here to watch over them.
Gullara wrote: Feb 04, 2023 10:28 pm [Spookysitting]

Eshe's nose wrinkles under the mask, but she's also fascinated! She never knew the mask would be like this! "Hi mister rhyno. Can you help us with the ghosts?" She asks.

Jaazha gives Eshe a concerned look, but keeps focused on the matter at hand. "Yeah, but you gotta lead the way out. The ghosts could be right outside." She frets.

Meanwhile the other kids are still huddled in the closet. "It must've went past by now." Rosabel complains quietly.

"You don't know that." Orlane protests. Despite that, Rosabel cracks the closet door open to take a peek.

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki curses to herself, She would've preferred that this person never realized the actual lack of danger so quickly. She's trying to quickly plan her next move when instead she doubles over, bracing a hand against her belly. Oh... okay she's not going to be able to chase (if that was even a good idea in the first place).

Inside the three toddlers are quite distraught. Su-Jin is loudly crying and Chaytan is insisting mommy should come back. None of them seem keen on disobeying Harley's instructions at least.
Arkhosia wrote: Feb 09, 2023 2:01 am [Uninvited]

Stasia swallows. Okay, this was... about what she expected. People aren't freaking out too much either yet, so whatever Siana said can't have been that bad, right? She steps back to sit on her parent's bed. "Um, yeah - there was... a lot that happened last night. I guess, um, things technically started yesterday afternoon. I was walking home from Eliseo's, and when I put my hand in my pocket for something, I found a rock with an invitation to a party at midnight in Moth Park."

Glancing quickly to her moms, she adds, as if needing to defend herself, "I thought it was weird, so like, I just... threw it away, y'know? But it wasn't addressed to me, so- I kinda um, forgot about it by the time I got home. And I thought that would be that, but- then when I went to sleep, I woke up in Moth Park, wearing the dress you found me in."

"I thought it was a dream at first - it was all really foggy, and I went to the big tree in the center. They... something led me, I think?" There's a wrinkling of the brow, like it's hard to recall exact details. "I fell down a hollow into a really fancy waiting room. There was a woman waiting for me there. I- I think she said the host was, um, worried that I wouldn't arrive?"

"After that... I met the other guests," Stasia continues. "Siana was there, and- and that's why you found her at the tree with me. There were three others too, um - the General from Southside, a-a really creepy spirit called the King in Rags, and-" at this point she shivers, suddenly a little queasy "-I-Ilpholin Xar'cha."
Ironsmith wrote: Jan 29, 2023 6:45 pm [Uninvited]

"...That's, um... yeah, that's what we're all here to talk about." Siana agrees simply. "...Sorry, I just... thought it might be a good idea to get that over with. Your moms should know what happened, and it wouldn't be good to give them the impression that any of us were withholding that information."

...Maybe that wasn't the right call, in hindsight. Maybe Ana and Stasia wanted to keep the details of last night under wraps. Maybe this was like that time with MERC, and letting everyone in on what happened was just going to cause more panic and embarrassment. She should have done now like she did then and sworn herself to secrecy.

...Absum, give me strength. Siana thinks to herself as she stands there, awkwardly shuffling between her good foot and her cane.
Reinholdt wrote: Jan 30, 2023 10:19 am [Bellamy House]

"MANJA!" Reinholdt exclaims upon noticing the stranger with his daughter in her arms. He certainly didn't notice that the glass had been melted as he immediately dives through it, prepared for shards and shattering and ultimately dramatic exit with little context. Instead he has to deal with the intense heat of molten glass as he flies at Sirena.

"Owowowohgodowfuckowow." The pain doesn't stop Rein from flying after Sirena in a desperate dad move, but it does prevent him from saying the important things, like all the cool one liners you can make after leaping through a window. He's pretty fast when he's flying though, Sirena won't have a lead for long.
[Bellamy House]

Obriane stops dead in her tracks as she sees just what Rein and the stranger were doing in order to keep the chase going. She was not going to be able to dive through a window, that's for sure.

She's going to simply take the stairs instead. Just trying to at least remain somewhat close to Rein and the kidnapper in case Rein managed to slow them down and he needed help subduing them.

[Uninvited]

Obriane stares at what is too many daughters and far too many concerning statements. She had been terrified of the single fey which existed in her but now Ana had somehow been taken out of her own home into a whole party of them where she had been split into two people?
"Can- can you repeat that again? You went to moth park..." She had been there. It always gave her creepy vibes which she had never been able to explain, until now perhaps. Had her ability to sense spirits hinted that it was a home to the fey?
"And then there was a tree which... took you to a fey party." Obriane gestures at Siana. "Which she was at too."

A beat.

"...are you fey?" Fey had to tell if they were asked if they were fey, right?
Then again, Jaahlyn had not been under any rules like that as far as she could tell...
Ugh, she needed to read up on fey more. They were giving her a headache. Surely there was an expert on the subject she could talk to somewhere.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"That's... specific." Aikobaz smirks. "I take it that's your go-to line when talking to pretty girls at school? Asking them if they want ice cream?"

All in all, probably not a bad tactic. Who doesn't like ice cream?

Meanwhile, the scene around them shimmers back into being, this time placing them in an ice cream parlor, sitting across from each other with a half-finished banana split between them. In the background, Khannie, Mary, and the sensha-do team are deep in conversation about something that can't be heard from here; they're more set dressing than they are a proper simulation.

[Uninvited]

"Um..."

Oh, geez. That one doesn't really have a simple yes or no answer, does it?

Siana shakes her head. "Not... exactly. I'm not what you would call a fey. I'm kind of what we would consider fey back home, but that's pretty far removed from what you have for fey here, and I got this glamour from a nice satyr so I guess I kind of might be just ever-so-slightly something fey-adjacent, and..." The strigoi blushes slightly. "...I suppose that's probably beside the point, isn't it? The important thing is, I promised Ana and Stasia... er, your daughter...s... that I would look after her. Them. And I intend to keep that promise." She gives Obriane what she hopes is a reassuring smile, but it's hard to be certain with her teeth twitching everywhere. "I'm a friend, is what I'm trying to say."

A murderous friend, granted. But a friend nonetheless.

...Ugh. None of that felt right. Not in the slightest.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Reinholdt slows down just a little to see that Kitsuki was ok, but she seems fine enough. Her water didn't break or anything, so Rein's just going to keep going, a hundred percent flying into through that wall of fire. O-oh... it wasn't real, like the molten glass was. Well he expected he was going to go through it too fast to matter, like one might when they smack a pool of lava or run their hand through a candle flame. He'll take better than expected.

Unfortunately, Rein can't tackle Sirena. She's holding Manja and that could just hurt the person Rein is trying to get back. He can however, try and maneuver in front of her, getting in Sirena's way and attempt to grab ahold of her by the arm so she can't run anymore. "You give me my daughter back, right now!" He hisses angrily.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Who doesn't like ice cream, except Agate?" That being Mary's sort-of aunt, not niece like I said earlier. "And I can understand why, in her case. She's from a pretty... bad place, she wouldn't say where, but she loves being adopted. Anyway, wherever she's from had frozen meals, and sometimes they weren't defrosted before meal times. So food as cold as ice cream does not bring back pleasant memories." Aigothurz stops gossiping to focus on the banana split, altering it to fit the offering of his favoured ice cream bar. The decoration's going to change slightly too, matching Sweet Dreams Ice Creams, and a waitress appears, an eighteen-year-old half-elf with green hair and blue eyes.

Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

"Okay, so there were others there that were... grabbed like you? But who was... hosting? Who abducted you?" Kitsuki cuts right to the problem at hand.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

I - I dunno if they were grabbed, I think some of them might have come willingly. A-and I don't think they were all fey either. The woman who hosted the party, though - um, she definitely was." Stasia shivers. "Her name- her name was Nye Trued, and- and she said that she was new to the area, and she and her mate were hosting this party to get to know the people of Riverside better. T-that he was, um, a yu-seed? And that they wanted to help the city."

"We um, we all sat down to have the start of a meal, and - and Trued mentioned told us that the party was taking place in the consciousness of her mate, s-somewhere in the fey underworld. This... or um, something someone said made Siana upset, and she left the table and wandered off. We had been getting along pretty well, s-so I followed to see if she was alright, a-and-" At this point, Stasia swallows.

"I-I still thought it was a dream, kind of, and - a-and I let it slip that I was... like her." The girl shrinks as she admits it, already bracing for her moms to deservedly chew her out for being so stupid and naïve.

"There was... something there that knew, too. B-because- um- w-when one of the host's servants led us back to the table, I-" She pales again, rubbing a hand along her arm. "I heard... whispers. I-in my own voice. T-they called me - t-they called me their 'lovely beast', s-said they'd seen me. And- a-and asked if I'd bring about 'another beautiful end' for them."

Even if they don't catch the subtext to the words she relays, the deep, stomach-tangling discomfort wracking Stasia's face might be all those present might need to catch onto the energy of the attention she'd been given... and how profoundly awful it'd felt.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Uninvited]

That... was a lot of information at once.
All these names and terms that she didn't recognize. She wished her uncle was here, he would have known what to do.
She was going to let Kitty hug and comfort Ana, or at least that's what she expected the kitsune to do, while she was considering how to deal with all this.
Siana didn't seem to be a threat at least but how could they tell this wouldn't come back to haunt Ana more than it already had?
"I... think we should talk to the fourth tower and Jaahlyn about all this, Kitty." She remarks as she turns to Kitty. "Would you be okay with that, Ana?" She didn't trust the satyr all that much due to her connection to her other self but she had helped Ana in the past so she was willing to trust her again.

[Bellamy House]

Obriane will continue down the stairs but won't be able to do anything in the current chase scene as she was too far behind Rein and the kidnapper.
At least for now.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

...Oh.

When Stasia laid it all out like that... it really seemed like this whole thing was Siana's fault, even before the obvious mortal sin of killing Ilpholin. If she'd been in better control of herself, Anastasia wouldn't have felt compelled to give up her secret, and that whole chain of events would never have happened. All Siana had to do was sit through a moderately-uncomfortable situation for ten seconds without making a fuss... and because she couldn't, the evening was a disaster.

Especially for Ana and Stasia.

By way of apology, Siana puts a hand on Stasia's shoulder and gives her a reassuring squeeze. She's not at fault here, really. Not like Siana herself is. And Siana... well, she intends to make this right.

...Somehow. Eventually. For now, she'll have to settle for not letting it go any more wrongly.

"I know what you mean." Aikobaz nods, brandishing a spoon with a delicate offering of chocolate ice cream on its tip. "...For the same general reason, if it ever comes up, know that I will not be eating crab, under any circumstances. And to be perfectly honest, I can't say I'm all the fond of duck, either." She shrugs. "I mean, to maintain appearances, certainly, but... I am aware that a fair number of them used to be people, you know. Does tend to add a bitter aftertaste." She gingerly puts the spoon on her lips and slowly rolls the ice cream into her mouth, giving Aigothurz a little smile. "...So, is this typically how your dates go?" She asks conversationally. "If, theoretically, we were here, doing as you normally would... what would be next? Hypothetically."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I'd ask how she's doing at school, or at home if I suspected the answer was going to be a bad one. I'd ask about favourite books, or movies. Try to find something in common, that might be able to be converted into a second date. A trip to the cinema, to see a new film, or a visit to the library to share book recommendations, or something. Didn't really happen with Gemini. She's very much into watching sports, and I enjoy sport, don't get me wrong, but... I've never actually seen the appeal in watching it. And her sport and my sport don't overlap much." Aigothurz enjoys very physical sports, especially stuff like wrestling, rugby, and HEMA, whilst Gemini's tastes leant more towards various forms of motorsport, sensha-do, banger racing, and similar sports. Gemini's twofold nature makes most sport rather tricky for her; she's one person with two bodies, but gets confused if they're too far apart.

Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Spookysitting]

"Okay - okay, alright, I'll - I'll lead the way. Can you two hold hands for me?" Leis moves to take Jaazha's other hand herself and form a short chain between them, then nudges the door open and does a quick lookout. If the coast seems clear, she'll push on forward and lead the pair out with the wand at the ready.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

A deeply concerned look passes Kitsuki's face, but she tries not to let it show... with partial success. her eyes flit to Siana now, her mind immediately doing threat assessment. This is not a loose end they need, but they're going to have to deal with that.

Back to Stasia, though. The girl might be thankful that Kitsuki isn't going to chew her out. In fact, she instead steps forward to pull Ana into a hug. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. This never should have happened to you. You've dealt with so much already."

She does loosen the hug just enough that she can reply to Obriane. "Yes, absolutely. None of this is good, but that... whisper sounds like it was paying special attention to you. We need to know what we're dealing with here." Especially since it sounds like yet another loose end...
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

If Siana had voiced these feelings, Stasia would protest - it was never Siana's fault that she was so desperate for someone to relate to, nor that something had been there in the first place to witness what she'd done that earned her second tail.

But Siana didn't. So instead the girl just leans in and wraps her arms around her mother. She nods rapidly, but what comes out next isn't a further affirmation.

"It- i-it got worse," she continues, her voice cracking a little, "because - b-b-because there were games, and- and when we got back to the table, we were told- we were told the first one was a mock trial. A-and then a hooded figure went onstage and - and -" Tears start to flow. "Oh gods, mom, she was - she was playing me!"

I-I- we couldn't see her face, but - the way she talked, the things she described having done -" Her words are spilling faster now, panic building in a chill echo. "W-we had two options, death or release -a-and we all got a turn asking a question, a-and when I stood up and asked mine, it was like everyone vanished, and the accused was gone, and then -"

"A-a-and then there was a breath down my neck, and there were claws on my shoulders, a-and the whisper's voice was in my ear again, and she said I was a born killer just like her- asked me to accept it, p-p-promised - promised to give me -to give me everything I'll ever need -" Stasia's voice strangles in her throat and she buries her face into Kitsuki's shoulder.

"Then we all argued for a verdict a-and we voted which argument was best, a-and - and we lost, and they voted that she was executed, and they rolled a guillotine out on stage!" The words are coming out choked and crying now.

"Nye promised that the entertainer wouldn't actually be harmed, but Siana didn't trust her, a-and I think she knew it was me, and she had her sword and she wanted to stop them - b-but I believed it was alright, and I knew everyone was right, that I deserved it, and - gods, it was so awful but I was so scared that I didn't really even care if the whisper lived or died, so I held her back and -"

"And then I watched them execute someone I knew was supposed to be me!" At that Stasia devolves into ugly sobs and she hugs Kitty tightly,
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Uninvited]

Obriane stands as if frozen on the spot as Ana keeps explaining the events. She had somehow assumed that the worst was over but that wouldn't have made sense with what Kitty had told her now, would it?
It was almost too much, not just the events themselves but the way Ana was explaining them. She sounded so utterly destroyed.
A part of her wanted to go and make that call so she wouldn't have to listen to this anymore but she couldn't really move or speak. Just standing there looking pale.

This didn't sound like a party at all!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

That part, also, was still sort of Siana's fault... she could easily have not listened to Anastasia and still intervened in the execution. But clearly, that isn't the point. The poor girl's still freshly traumatized, and verified proof that Riverside's population, taken as a whole, would attempt to execute her if they found out her secret, is not something that can just be put out of mind, and the psychological implications even if Siana managed to save the proxy victim would be something to consider regardless.

Of course, as much as Siana would love to comfort Stasia, Kitty and Obriane both have that well in hand. It would be wrong for her to join into the group hug; this is a family matter now, and Siana isn't family. It would also be wrong for her to inject her own commentary; this is Stasia's time to confer with her mothers and process what happened, and Siana can and should wait for her own chance to discuss it.

...They'd offered to let her use the phone. Maybe she really should call her sister.

But for now, there's not much she can do other than stand there awkwardly and nod if anybody asks her to verify Stasia's story. Not that they would; there's no reason not to believe her.

It occurs to Siana that there are a number of young potential eavesdroppers in the house, and that Annie in particular seemed to take way too much interest in what happened the previous night. Maybe there's no part of the conversation itself Siana can help with, but she can take steps to make sure it remains private.

"Excuse me." Siana says quietly, giving the three a little nod before opening the door and stepping outside. She'll keep an ear open (such as she has them) for any indication of when she should come back in; she doubts Kitty and Obriane are going to not want to speak with her after everything's been said.

"Well, that wouldn't do much good." Aikobaz smirks. "My favorite books and films are unique to the Astral Empire, and I doubt there are any copies of them here in the Nexus. I suppose you could go for the genre, but in all of my time here, I've never once seen a Flatheadian Epic anywhere present in any of the bookstores or theaters." She shrugs. "I don't think many people would enjoy them. They were made by royals, for royals, about royals. That would make them somewhat not-to-taste for anybody else. That said..." She leans forward and smiles. "Suppose your date was interested in a second date anyway. It might behoove you to share what you enjoy, yes?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"You'd be surprised; ask at a book shop. It might not be on display, but they may still have a copy. Just not a new one." Or ask a librarian, since that's a bit more likely. Perhaps the sphinx down at the Philip Memorial Library knows where to find a copy. "Well, I like hitting things with swords, and experiencing new things. So I would usually be up for anything my date would suggest, though I don't enjoy watching sport as mentioned. I do like going to the seaside, though. The coast is a long, long way from the Whispering Sea, and my great-grandfather did not reach it despite the size of his conquests." So if that's something that Aikobaz wants, she knows what to suggest... Unless she doesn't like sand getting in her shoes, and can't deal with the likely chill of the sea at this time of year. Aigothurz now has his suspicions over the line of questioning, though it's unusual for the first date to occur after sharing a bed.

Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

► Quotes

[Bellamy House]

"!" Sirena says as her arm is suddenly grabbed by a speeding flying person.
Wait, no!
She needs her arm! Sirena panics, a little.
With one arm holding a small child and the other arm trapped and grabbed, Sirena is practically helpless. She can't pull anything from her hammerspace, she can't command her robots to intervene, she can't control any more of that pink energy that's faintly surrounding Manja. All she can do is rely on her body and her brute strength (which...admittedly, possibly because of her liongirl battleform and her leonine features, she's got plenty of brute strength).

Sirena's mouth opens, as if she's going to say something. Her gaze lingers on Rein's face a little too long — clearly can't help but admire how cool he looks right now — and then she says, "..."
No, wait.
This is not the time. Definitely not the time.

Sirena glances at the wall of fire. She can hear Obriane approaching, but thanks to the wall of fire she can't see how soon Obraine will get here.
"!?"
Shoot. With just one person holding on to her, she's still pretty sure she can get away. But if two grab onto her, she's pretty sure she'll have no choice but to hurt someone.

In an effort to get away and in hopes it'll stop Reinholdt from looking too closely at her face, Sirena concedes and tries shoving Manja into his face. And Sirena pulls her own arm down, trying to break his grip on her arm.

Manja, of course, tries saying something again but completely finds herself speechless and worried, especially since her father is so angry and she just wants to go back now.

Harley.
Harley tells Chaytan and the others, in as calm and not-shaking voice as she can manage, "Don't worry, your mommy's fine and she'll be right back. You need to be strong so that she won't worry about you, okay?" she tells the kids.
She hopes that the same is true about Manja. That Manja is fine and will be right back, being carried by Rein, and that she doesn't need to worry.
Speaking of Manja, Harley decides that hologram-creating robo-cockroach is not helping. Just seeing that illusion of Manja being there is not helping her keep calm and not-shaking. Harley cruelly crushes the defenseless robot underfoot with an unsatisfying crunch of metal.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Feb 24, 2023 6:13 pm Bloodplunder House- Not Nana's

"You'd be surprised; ask at a book shop. It might not be on display, but they may still have a copy. Just not a new one." Or ask a librarian, since that's a bit more likely. Perhaps the sphinx down at the Philip Memorial Library knows where to find a copy. "Well, I like hitting things with swords, and experiencing new things. So I would usually be up for anything my date would suggest, though I don't enjoy watching sport as mentioned. I do like going to the seaside, though. The coast is a long, long way from the Whispering Sea, and my great-grandfather did not reach it despite the size of his conquests." So if that's something that Aikobaz wants, she knows what to suggest... Unless she doesn't like sand getting in her shoes, and can't deal with the likely chill of the sea at this time of year. Aigothurz now has his suspicions over the line of questioning, though it's unusual for the first date to occur after sharing a bed.

Aikobaz gives Aigothurz a little smile. "Swordfights and long walks on the beach. And ice cream. Never let anyone say your interests are one-note." The empress swirls her spoon around the slightly-melted confection and ponders out a more thoughtful response. "...I would likely agree to a walk on the beach, as well. I haven't been there since I was a little girl. My mother used to take me before she went out to work on the docks. It was a simpler time." She pauses, the sounds of clamoring and catcalling echoing through the background. "...Or rather, I was simpler in those times." She amends, her cheeks turning bright orange.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Do... you want to walk on the beach with me? Because... it'd be the first time I've slept with someone before the first date." Aigothurz grins, well aware of the double entendre. "You are pretty, I just... hadn't realised you'd be interested, since we live together and all. I'd have thought you'd have had enough of me without dating me as well." Aigothurz has turned a bit more serious with this, making sure he's not misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Around them, the entire room clicks into a featureless void, as though someone had reached up and turned out the light, except for Aikobaz and Aigothurz sitting there, across from each other.

"...What?"

[Bloodplunder House]

Aikobaz lets out a gasp as she jolts awake, instinctively holding her blanket to her chest despite having some time ago switched back to wearing her nightgown. She's breathing heavily and can feel sweat built up on her forehead, neck, under her arms, and all the way up and down her back... which feels like it might be on fire.

When she turns to look, it should be clear why; at some point, in her sleep, she'd snuggled up next to Aigothurz and currently has her back to him, resulting in a lot of trapped body heat.

Oh, yeah, and her back on him.

The empress sits up and scoots away, taking deep breaths in an attempt to get her breathing back under control and maintain some sense of decorum. She needs to keep calm. She hasn't actually done anything, just woke up in an embarrassing position. Not even an indecent one, just... one that implies a not-exactly-familial relationship.

Just an accident, really. Could happen to anyone.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

"..." Kitsuki is absolutely stunned for a moment. It's all she can do to collect herself to comfort her daughter. She gives Ana a moment to get the tears out, but then she tries to separate just enough that their eyes can meet. "Ana, baby, listen to me. None of those people really know you. Those horrible things that brought you there don't know enough to represent you, and no one that was there with you has any right to judge you."

"But I know you. Obriane knows you. Your siblings, your boyfriend, your friends; they all know you. And each and every person that really knows you loves you dearly." She assures with all the conviction she can muster.

Outside the room Siana won't find any eavesdroppers. As far as she knows Annie is still on the other side of the door opposite with the other kids. The crying seems to have stopped in the meantime, and the sound of quiet voices can just be heard on the other side, though not any specific words.

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki continues to be quite belaboured at the moment. Understandable, really. This is some intense activity for someone so heavily pregnant. Just give her a minute to catch up, that's all.

Inside The kids don't look that consoled, though Chaytan gives Harley a little nod and Umeko hugs Su-Jin to try and comfort him.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Stasia continues to sob for a good long moment, all the terror and unprocessed trauma finally felt and expressed now that she's safe in her mother's arms. Her face is wet and ruddy when Kitty finally manages to pull her back enough, blinking teary eyes clear as best she can manage. The words help, and she's able to stich herself together, but everything is far too much to surpass at once.

"H-how can - how can I deserve all that when people keep dying around me?!" Stasia whines in shuddering breaths, "How can Eliseo love me when I hide from him what a monster I am? W-when I'm putting everyone in danger just by being there?!" Once again, she goes to bury her face in Kitsuki's shoulder. "I- I don't even know what I am anymore - i-if I even belong here."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited (Twice Over)]

...They're not going to have a hard time finding her if Siana goes and joins the children in the other room, are they?

Probably not.

Actually, come to think of it, maybe Siana should watch the kids for a bit anyway. Obrianne and Kitsuki are going to have their hands full dealing with Stasia's crisis, but the kids aren't going to suddenly shape up and behave themselves without supervision just because their moms are busy.

Yeah. That's how she could help around here, at least for now. Momentary baby-sitting.

With that in her head, Siana takes a deep breath and steps into the other room... just to make sure everything is going okay in there for now.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Sirena breaks Rein's grip, half because he lets go the instant Manja gets shoved towards him in order to grip her defensively. Child in hand, he immediately steps back away from the would be kidnapper with a blatant hiss. He doesn't get a good look, largely because he's immediately looking down at Manja with worry and concern, checking her over for a pulse and for injuries and to make sure she isn't a holographic robotic representation of Manja instead of the real thing.

Rein can't justify chasing after Sirena with Manja in his hands... though he could shoot at her now that she doesn't have Manja. A little murder against a child kidnapper is fine right?
Ugh, he doesn't want to traumatize Manja this early. Embarrassing her in front of her friends at a birthday party or something is maybe a little more preferable to gunning someone down in the streets. Reinholdt will focus on withdrawing back with Manja in hand. "I got her. I got her," Rein says to the following Kitsuki and Obraine.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Arkhosia wrote: Mar 03, 2023 4:32 am [Uninvited]

Stasia continues to sob for a good long moment, all the terror and unprocessed trauma finally felt and expressed now that she's safe in her mother's arms. Her face is wet and ruddy when Kitty finally manages to pull her back enough, blinking teary eyes clear as best she can manage. The words help, and she's able to stich herself together, but everything is far too much to surpass at once.

"H-how can - how can I deserve all that when people keep dying around me?!" Stasia whines in shuddering breaths, "How can Eliseo love me when I hide from him what a monster I am? W-when I'm putting everyone in danger just by being there?!" Once again, she goes to bury her face in Kitsuki's shoulder. "I- I don't even know what I am anymore - i-if I even belong here."
[Uninvited]

Obriane kneels down before the two and puts a hand on Ana's shoulder to comfort her. Then she holds it there, waiting for the girl to quiet down a bit. Then her squeeze hardens a bit as she tries to get her attention and meet her gaze.
"Ana, you're a smart gal. Every day I see you chip away at those locks with those clever fingers of yours." Though despite her words Obriane's expression remains as firm as her grip on her shoulder.

She pauses a moment as to give her next words more weight.
"But that is the most idiotic thing that you've ever said. You belong here. As much as any of your siblings. And the last thing you are is a monster. So if you don't take that back I might start to cry and I don't know if I will ever be able to stop." Ana better not test her on this. Since she looks ready to cry at any moment now.

[Bellamy House]

Obriane stops as soon as she spots Rein though she can't really relax until she sees that he had Manja with her. Only then she allows herself to breath out. "I- is she safe?" Hurt she meant but she didn't really want to say that word at the moment. It invited more tragic possibilities in her mind than she was willing to consider right now.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Bellamy House]

As Sirena pulls away, she just dashes away.
Failure.
Things not going as planned.
As she runs, she tries to justify to herself that she somehow actually maybe succeeded — it's not easy and her arguments aren't really that convincing, but the attempted-kidnapper is sure she'll eventually be able to argue that it was a success.

Fully expecting to get shot, or to have more fire or something happen, she takes the next turn to break line of sight. And she runs. And, after running for what feels like it's been enough time, descends into a manhole so that she can actually sit down, catch her breath, and see if she can update her computer's model on how this failure changes things.

---

Manja, of course, appears perfectly safe. No injuries, no holograms. Pulse is a little difficult to check at the moment because of the force field.
She grabs onto her father and holds on really tight.
Other than the fact that Manja is covered with a very faint pink shimmer of a force field (it eventually fades away as Sirena gains distance), the fact that Manja looks like she just wants to go back inside now and for all this everything to be over, and the fact that Manja is not at all crying or vocalizing any complaints, she appears perfectly fine and safe.
At the very least, not hurt.

---

That's probably good enough, Harley thinks. She's pretty sure she won't be able to help calm down the kids any more.
And, besides, she's still not entirely sure that attack was the main attack instead of the prelude. At least having those three kids together and relatively calm is good enough for now.

So she looks around, trying to find evidence of an additional attack.
Since there isn't any more plans, Harley obviously doesn't find anything. However, she does spot the robo-gecko hiding low on the wall. She moves to it, and grabs it off the wall. She notes that it has similar chrome-and-pink aesthetics to the robo-cockroach that created the hologram.
Harley crushes the little robot in her hand until the pink lights turn off, and prays that Rein gets back quickly. And safely. And with Manja.