Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Mar 03, 2023 2:57 am [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"Eh, I don't know." Reilana shrugs, unconcerned. "I just like this kind of stuff, you know? I don't really have grand plans or whatever. I'm enjoying it, so I'll keep learning more about it. I don't really see that changing anytime soon."
[Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"A reasonable approach," says Sticks. "I know that there are likely tutors and certain schools or orders that might be interested in a person of your talents, assuming you'd be interested in such a thing."

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 11, 2023 5:08 pm Moth Park: Midnight

The woman stops as she reaches the gate, which is locked, and smiles. She reaches out and knocks on it, muttering "Open sesame." She flinches away after, and nothing notably has happened- the gates remain shut, though now she's grazed her knuckles. Not enough to seriously injure, but it hurts a lot. So instead she's going to have to run somewhere else, heading away from the gate and both entities she's encountered so far, running parallel to the fence until she's got enough of a runup she can try jumping over it.
Reinholdt wrote: Mar 10, 2023 6:30 pm [Project Icarus]

The Phyrexian Nymph tilts her head up slightly. "I am Ilpholin Ghaunaer Xar'cha." Her hand waves towards the screen. "And you... you are reinforcements, said you. In other words, if anything, you were sent to work under me. Do you want me to believe that you went out looking for me and begged to enter my hole for some other reason? Maybe I should talk to Elesh Norn and see if you don't interpret your orders just to maintain your pride."
[Project Icarus]

Svartha stares at Ilpholin, her eyes seemingly made up of pools of cooling magma with the iris in the center still glowing a bright orange. Then for a moment they close and the phyrexian shakes her head.
A reaction which makes Tauron's claws twitch in surprise.
"Let us... defuse the situation. I was never told about you. Indeed, I didn't even know that this 'plane' was a part of our domain until we picked up the beacon signal which presumably he must have set up." She gestures to Tauron. "Since I do know him. You on the other hand must be new, yes? A native."

Moth Park: Midnight

As the reaches the gate she can see that the creature trying to squeeze through its bars is a black goat which is just a bit too big to properly get through. The goat gives her a pleading look at first, perhaps expecting her to be running to help it. But as she simply keeps running when the gate isn't opening it lets out a loud bleat.

Then as she's committed to instead trying to jump over the wall, she hears a loud scream of anguish behind her. Sounding like someone getting murdered.

This horrifying noise us unlikely to make her stop running, especially as that creature was right behind her. But she's not going to be able to jump across this fence if she has average human jumping capabilities, no matter how much momentum she has built up. It is probably over 7 feet tall and has spikes at the top. She could probably climb it if she had some experience with that sort of thing however.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Murkus wrote: Mar 19, 2023 12:05 am [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"A reasonable approach," says Sticks. "I know that there are likely tutors and certain schools or orders that might be interested in a person of your talents, assuming you'd be interested in such a thing."
[Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"Uh, I dunno, honestly. I'll have to think about it." Reilana shrugs a little bit. "I better get going, though. I'll meet you back here later. And, uh, thanks."

Reilana returns to the shop later on, after hours as planned. She knocks, then she'll try the door just in case it was left open for her.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"A light installed in my house without my knowledge?" Ilpholin crosses her arms before continuing, cutting off any response Tauron may offer. "He and I have a word for it. Many words."

The cross nymph returns to the matter at hand, confirming Svartha's assertions. "I have lived and fought here for many years."
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

She is going to try jumping it, but doesn't quite manage it. She's good at jumping, supernaturally so, but not quite good enough. And climbing is pretty soon out the window, as she recoils from the wrought iron fence after grabbing it.

Then there's the scream from behind her. She looks behind her to see if the monster's still following her. If it is, she'll keep running to the next gate, or another potential spot to leave the park- a tree overhanging the fence, or any kind of gap. If it isn't, she'll stop, breathe deeply in and jogs back the way she came. She wants to see what's going on before she decides what to do, or hopefully before she's spotted by that creepy crawler.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Mar 20, 2023 6:53 am [Project Icarus]

"A light installed in my house without my knowledge?" Ilpholin crosses her arms before continuing, cutting off any response Tauron may offer. "He and I have a word for it. Many words."

The cross nymph returns to the matter at hand, confirming Svartha's assertions. "I have lived and fought here for many years."
[Project Icarus]

Tauron's claws twitches as he once again become the subject of the discussion. "I-" He starts when Ilpholin for a change cuts him off.
But Svatha replies he still gets in a word. "I didn't install that! I... brought it with me."

He doesn't get to say more as Svartha starts replying to Ilpholin without giving him as much of a glance. "You're more useful to me than him then. So what is your plan? Since if you truly are in charge then you must know of the Great Work."

That word, 'the great work', makes Tauron stay very still as opposed to the nervous twitching of his claws. Seemingly staring daggers at Svartha.

Well, the girl-thing is still behind her but it is no longer chasing her. Instead it has gotten up on two legs and is crouching on the ground while staring at the gate. The goat is gone but instead there's a black scythe which is somehow going through the bars of the gate though its wielder is somewhere beyond the gate, hidden in the darkness of the night.

The creature backs away from the shadowy weapon and then throws a glance at the woman, seemingly deciding if getting her was worth the trouble.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Mar 21, 2023 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The woman who arrived via the gazebo backs away once she realises she's been spotted by the creepy girl, and it's between her and the gate that might be one of her easiest ways out of here. So she's going to take the coward's option and turns to run, heading around the park towards the next closest gate. She's got a good sense of direction and has been in Moth Park before, so she has a rough idea of where to go.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

That's not any better Tauron! And won't get him off of from a lengthy conversation.

"I are in a long struggle against the demons who take over the world from all sides and stop the Good Work. First, they have to finish." Ilpholin explains.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

Svartha's mouth curls into what could be called a genuine smile.
Seemingly knowing what she's thinking, Tauron speaks up again. "I didn't tell her that."

But the next words that come out of her mouth aren't meant for him. "Those creatures we encountered, they were 'demons' then? That makes sense. However, while it is true that we oppose them, that is only a part of the Great Work. We seek to unite the world, all worlds, under our glory. You have been compleated, have you not? You must understand the glory I'm speaking of. Since we seek to make everyone understand it."

The path of the coward and the wise sometimes converge.
So she runs.

What follows her this time is a voice. A girls voice.
Sounding strangely sweet in the aftermath of the sheer terror which is probably pounding in the woman's chest.

"Murder them, Ana! Murder them all!"

She continues running.
Reaching the gate.
Since there's nothing following her anymore. The park suddenly seems oddly peaceful after all that as even the sound of the city seems to have quieted down. The only sound now being her beating heart and the sound of her feet on the wet grass.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The woman keeps running, breathing quickly and easily and without slowing down. She's absolutely terrified as she has experienced being chased before, in far stranger situations. She's even been caught, though she was kept alive after. She's not sure what happened to her when she was captured, only that later she was released once more and told to run. The Voivode of Trumpeting Bugles was her Keeper, and hunting was why she was taken in the first place. She's absolutely terrified, listening out for the bugle, and doesn't want to stop when she sees the gate. She'll run towards it, jump, grab hold and try to climb over it, hissing in pain as the wrought iron rejects her touch, but determined to leave it all behind her regardless.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Climbing over it will take some effort. Would honestly probably be easier to climb over the fence as the gate is slightly taller.

Then another voice can be heard, coming from the other side of the gate, to her right. "Hey, hey, hey! Get down from there, you're killing yourself!"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Ilpholin gives a slow nod. "So tomorrow we will defeat the demons and remove them as an obstacle. I'm planning to attack his house right now. But now I must continue with my arrangements. We will talk again soon."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

"And until that time comes we're free to help fortify this place? Since if you can't tell, it's cramped in here." She gestures at the phyrexians behind her who do look like they have a certain lack of space.

"You could simply move outside." Tauron comments in with what seems like bitterness in his tone.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"You stay on first floor and not touch anything. It's safe. I fight war for long time, much prepared. Outside also safe, if stay close. Eye gaze distance." Ilpholin gives a nod of finality before the screen flicks off. Tauron's call also cuts off just in case he and Svartha start creating fresh tension through their obvious distaste for each other.

Mister Squiggles is pretty sure spiders don't sweat, but he sure is feeling it right now, his mechanical legs wobbly from anxiety. He's going to have to upgrade HALlelujah's spider chitter translator program because he's pretty certain none of that came out the way he intended. This is the worst possible day, only superseded by that night Darcy died.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

Once the call is done, Tauron turns away from the camera. "So is anyone else lining up to yell at me or will I actually get a chance to bring her back now?" He calls out into the room which is empty besides his own myr's who are just standing there, staring at him.

Meanwhile, Svartha turns to the other phyrexians and starts giving out orders. Sounds like she wants to Fortify This Position. Like she's expecting enemies to be attacking them at any moment now.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

At the voice calling out to her, the woman jumps off the gate- back into the park- and rubs her hands against her legs. There's slight burns there, but nothing too debilitating. "You'd better be able to get me outta here, there's something chasing me. And that fence might not kill me, but it will if it gets me." The owner of the voice- if it's Jaahlyn- should be able to see through the woman's Mask, at the Mien underneath with its slender proportions, twisting horns and her antelope eyes.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

It was Tauron's idea to detour into talking to Svartha. The cold echo of his voice is the only reminder of this fact and the only response he receives.

So long as Svartha's fortifications take place outside the building, they won't be interrupted or bothered. Inside's a different story, particularly depending on what exactly it is she intends to do. Moving the couch to block the door, sure, but anything more invasive than that is probably going to illicit a response.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

It is indeed the satyr by that name who appears out of the darkness near the gate. Wherever the woman recognizes her as fey or not is another question however. "It's alright." She assures in a soothing tone. "I managed to chase it away. You should be safe. Just give me a moment and I'll-" She stares at the locked gate and then up at the woman again. Where was Ana when you needed her? Probably busy being traumatized.

"Stand back. I'm going to have to break the lock." She holds out her hands and familiar scythe forms in their grip. It wasn't really made to break physical objects but it could made to if need be.

Provided that the woman stands back, Jaahlyn will with a single downwards swing of the scythe cause the lock to just fall off. Then she turns the blade and uses it to pull one of the gates open for the woman.

[Project Icarus]

Tauron just stares at the ceiling for a moment, his claws twitching, before he with a gesture makes the myr start moving again. Carrying Ilpholin's body out of the tank and to the surgery room.
It was time to get Ilpholin back on her feet again.

---

Outside the compound, the lesser members of Svartha's forces have started searching for debris and other things to make barricades with while the stronger ones, such as her two bodyguards, are keeping guard. It does seem like she intends to set up barricades on the outside first and that alone will take a number of hours.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

Ana's eyes flash with fresh insistence the moment Atsede starts to argue again, ready to scramble for some way to double down - until to her surprise, she suddenly backs off, leaving the kitsune to blink like a cat who doesn't know what to do after trapping a mouse.

"- Okay, um- good!" She states, planting her hands on her hips. "And, like - you better not be lying, or I'm gonna be very cross." Some errant part of her does linger on the thought of Atsede as a well-behaved student, and particularly how cute she'd look in a school uniform - but it doesn't get the recognition and introspection it deserves in that awkward cooling-off period you get after an argument.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

Eliseo snickers quietly, looking between the two girls. It's one thing to see Atsede so mollified, but the bonus of stern Ana is just as fun. It's actually funny how much she looks like her mom in that moment. It's a sight very familiar to Eliseo, usually while he's being scolded for sneaking in through the window.

"I'm glad we're all seeing eye to eye now." He can't manage to keep the laughter out of his voice.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Neither Tauron nor Svartha are bothered further then and are free to carry on their business.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Thankyou! Thankyouthankyouthankyou, I thought I was going to die." The woman practically runs out of the park once the gate is open, and though she's cautious about the goat-woman and her scythe, she's far less scared now she's out in the city. "I have some... rather odd questions. What was that? Who are you? What year is it? Can we shut that gate to stop it getting out?" Most of those are actually rather reasonable questions, though the woman hasn't had much opportunity to ask questions for a long while.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

The satyr lets go of the scythe and makes a quick but elegant bow before the woman. "Don't mention it. Just doing my duty, miss."
But rather than falling to the ground the scythe turns to black smoke which quickly joins with the darkness of the night.
Then she's barraged with a series of questions which her initial respond to is a rather goat-like stare by her rather goat-like eyes.

"Erm... not odd questions at all, miss. I'll try to answer them once we get somewhere more safe. Don't worry about that creature though, it fled and is nowhere near. I'm more worried about the police." She gestures to the lock she just cleaved through. While there was a good explanation for it she didn't feel like standing around to answer the questions of law-enforcers. "I know a place nearby where you can stay for a bit if you'd like."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outside Moth Park: Midnight

"Right, yes. Police. Of course." The woman nods, a little worried, before looking down at herself. "That's... probably a good idea. I have- had- a house, but I've been gone with no explanation for a few years, I think, so things might've moved on without me. My husband might have a new girlfriend, or moved, or anything." Or he might not have noticed the difference between the original and the replacement left in her place.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

As the woman looks down at herself the satyr takes that an excuse to give her a closer inspection as well.
Fey...?
The fact she couldn't tell right away told her that might not be the case.
"Don't assume too many awful things already if you aren't even sure how long you've been gone, friend." She steps back and beacon for the woman to follow her. "But come, it's not far."
If the woman follows the satyr will lead her to what seems to be a small hospital of some sort.
The automatic doors slide open for them yet whatever night staff that's there don't seem to notice them entering.
The satyr gestures to a bench which seems to be intended for waiting patients. "Have a seat. And don't worry, they won't hear you unless you want them to." She inclines her head towards a staffer.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The woman does have some fae traits and appearances to her, though likely not anything that Jaahlyn is familiar with. She's also human, though exactly how human is questionable, her nature altered and ripped away to fit Arcadian glamour in.

She'll follow the satyr, glancing back occasionally, and will sit down quite willingly. "It's been years. It's got to be, it feels like forever. I just... I just don't know how many years." She's going to look in the window at her reflection, the first time she's properly seen herself, though whether she's looking at her true Mien or the Mask over the top is questionable. "It shouldn't be too long, I look mostly like I remember. Well... mostly." She glances over at Jaahlyn, unaware of if the satyr psychopomp can see the horns and antelope traits beneath the Mask she's projecting.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Let's start with introducing ourselves first shall we, miss? I am Jaahlyn." The satyr holds her hand against her chest and is notably not taking a seat herself. "My job is, in part, dealing with creatures like the one that chased you. "Who're you, miss?"

[Project Icarus]

Something miraculous will occur.

Ilpholin will wake up.

Having dreamed nothing. Truly nothing and just not something she couldn't remember now.
She she has not been sleeping. No, she was much deeper down than that. Six feet one might say.

Then a voice. A familiar voice.
It's repeating her name. First softly then more firmly.

"Ilpholin? Ilpholin."
If she decides to access her other senses she will find that she's in a bed covered in sheets. Tauron, should she recognize him, is leaning in over her and surrounding her bed are his helpers. All staring at her expectingly.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"My name is Bobbi Doe. It's good to meet you, I think." Bobbi can't say for sure, though, since things have been weird since she returned. Still, it's good to breathe air with the stink of city, and not the cloying smell of the Hedge or the clear air she experienced before. "I live...d... in a house on Hompton Road, Eastside, but... It feels like forever since I've been there." It's a terrace of houses in a reasonably nice residential area, if Jaahlyn knows the city.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Doe? Was that a fake name or did someone have a sense of humor?
"I see, well you're in luck then since I know my way around this city and being a guide just so happens to be another part of my job." And this woman felt almost as confused as the dead. "If you want to return there of course. As you said, you've been gone for a long time." There's an unsaid question here, where had she been? Though she didn't seem all that forthcoming with details so perhaps she simply didn't want to share.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Somebody has a sense of humour; it is not Bobbi. Or... it might be, eventually. "I don't know how long I've been gone. What year is it?" Not the first time she's asked that question, but perhaps this time she can get an answer for it. "There's... there's tales, of those taken by faeries gone for a century only to return and find seconds have passed. I... don't know if those tales are true." Some are! Some aren't. Sometimes, the reverse happens, and someone gone for what they thought was only five years return to find it's been closer to ten.