Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Castle Pinktooth - The Date

Isaac returns the bow, bending forward just a bit to take Iknika's hand.
"Of course you may, my dearest knight." he says, though he flicks his eyes open to grin at her.
"Though now that you have a castle and I don't I think you're more a noble than I am now."

Tags:
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- the Trio

"Normally gods dole out punishments to those that insult them badly enough. Unless he's literally a representation of hubristic blasphemy, we might get clues if anything happens to him next." Cheasadh doesn't have much of a clue, however. This guy's got her baffled.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - the Trio]

The man turns around and returns... home? The three youngsters will see a vision of him living a simple life from now on. But not much to indicate if he's happy with it.

"What do you make of what you've seen?" the owl asks.

[Castle Pinktooth - The Date]

"Perhaps not. But I'm still your knight and fight in your honor." Iknika will lead Isaac in a slow waltz. She's not very skilled at it, but she does a fine enough job. "If someone impugns it, just let me know and I'll show them what-for."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth]

Khannie wrinkles her nose at the scene.

"I dunno, this is pretty tough. He had a burden other people didn't think he should get rid of, but he did anyway. And he seemed to think the burden was someone else's fault? Like the gods."

Khannie falls silent for a time before asking.

"Was he throwing away his responsibilities?"

That seems like the sort of thing others wouldn't want him to do.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth

"Ooh, that's a good idea, Khannie. I'm going to agree with you, because I really can't think of anything better," Cheasadh is glad Khannie could figure out what was going on, as she couldn't.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Mar 11, 2023 7:48 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Date]

"Perhaps not. But I'm still your knight and fight in your honor." Iknika will lead Isaac in a slow waltz. She's not very skilled at it, but she does a fine enough job. "If someone impugns it, just let me know and I'll show them what-for."

Isaac follows best he can, but he's not great at this sort of delicate footwork. Even if by all accounts he's trained to handle all sorts of footwork for combat purposes.
"Well, okay. I think most of the usual crew stopped after the first year. The mace tends to ward off bullies." Being an indestructible elephant with knightly backup helps too.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"That does make sense!" Brinika nods along. "He had some kind of responsibility he didn't want. Other people didn't want him to abandon it, but he did. But we can't know if he was right to do it or not."

"A good way to read this situation. You don't have all the facts, so all you can do is guess," the owl notes. "What you make of it says a lot about your perception."

To Iknika's credit, she deals with her dance partner being much taller than she is handily.

"So I won't get to scare them off with my new hammer. Shame. I'll have to find some other targets. I think Brinika is just itching to write a song in honor of my knightly deeds, too. Just as soon as I do something impressive enough."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

It does, doesn't it?

Khannie's perception is very much of a hero-focused sort.

With great power comes great responsibility!

When you have power that means you have obligations. The trouble is when people decide that power means they have the right or authority to use that power for selfish things. That's how you get super villains.

And with a worldview so focused on responsibilities it makes sense that Khannie would see that in this mystery situation.

"Kinda hard to guess EXACTLY what's going on from clay and paper," Khannie agrees. "Was that it? What's the next test?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

"It's something people thought he could do, but he didn't want it. Or maybe they thought he should have wanted it." Cheasadh's somewhat familiar with that; her father wanted her to follow his footsteps, and so did she- when she was seven. She's not any more, and lots of people are glad about that, but her biological father would probably be quite disappointed in her. In fact, he'd probably disown her, ignoring the fact he's dead and she's already disowned him.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"The last test is but one, simple question." The owl's eyes peer into the three girls with intent. "What can change the nature of a person?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

”Well, surely claiming a castle all to yourself is worthy of a song. I could even promise to protect it and she could say you bound a great guardian to your service.”
He stands extra tall.
”I’ve kept my hands over the years but I think my other look has the height and tusks to be a proper intimidating temple guardian.”
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie wrinkles her nose.

That's anything but a simple question.

What can change the nature of a person? How does that happen? Well...

"I guess... it can happen in lots of ways?" Khannie replies slowly. "It could be something really BIG that happens. Maybe something really good or really bad. Something that forces someone to look at the world in a different way. Or maybe it could be lots of little things. A thousand tiny steps that happen over years so when you look back at who you were you realize that you weren't who you were before."

Khannie's thinking that's a pretty good answer maybe?
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- the Trio

"I'm... going to disagree and also agree with Khannie. There's only one thing that can change someone's nature, and that's the person in question. Khannie saw methods, not causes, and I think you want a cause." Cheasadh has worked pretty hard on her own nature, though occasionally she stumbles. Not often, and when she does she tries not to let it show or say anything.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"I think... I think our nature changes all the time," Brinika declares. "We're never the exact same person we were in the past and we can always change if we want to. I don't know if we have a nature at all."

"Oh, yeah. I think she's already picking the rhymes." Iknika giggles. "Are you sure you'd be ready to be climbed on by a swarm of tiny goblins and one gnome, though?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Isaac opens his mouth but then frowns, blushing a little.
"Cheasadh is mature enough to know you can't just climb someone because they're tall! You have exclusive rights to that." Even if she uses it rarely.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I guess I should stop treating Brinika and Cheasadh the same as all the little kids. They're growing fast," Iknika admits. "They help out at the daycare in GLoG, with official hats and everything."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Feb 16, 2023 4:28 am Portal, Another Time

"Yeah it's weird to say but I'm one of the smallest of the bunch. One of my Charities made me shorter and it stuck." He blinks at Naku's request and stops, sitting down so Naku can get off.
"Uh yeah, sure. What's up?" he asks her.
Portal, Another Time

"Oh interesting! There have been many times I wish I had been shorter. Does it . . . help? It does seem to behoove you." Naku slips off, lightly, and paces towards the treeli- wait Naku was that a pun-
Naku slips her right glove off, in order to reach out and . . .
Jump forwards.
Grab something.
Drag it kicking and squirming out of the bushes and-
Oh it's a tiny, house-cat sized pink dragon.
"We were being followed." Naku holds onto the dragon by the scruff of her neck, and the little lizard manages to look utterly indignant the whole time.
Ironsmith wrote: Feb 16, 2023 3:27 pm [Civvy's Flower Garden]

Eos's face shifts from pink to red as Civvy asks her question, his first few attempts at answering it dying away into flustered mumbling. Oh, geez. Exactly how is he supposed to answer that? He can't say "no" and give her the wrong impression about his intentions, but he also can't say "yes" and give her the wrong idea about the feasibility of such a thing. He's been trying for a long time to not break things just by being around; it doesn't strike him as likely that he'll be able to stop just because he's in a place where that's hard to do. If anything, he might stop being so careful during his time here, since he doesn't need to be... but he can't really say that, either.

"I, um... I would very much like that, yes." He says finally, clamping his hands together anxiously. "I... can't make any promises about the results. But I'm going to try very hard not to break any more of your things, Lady Civiron, and I would be glad if I managed it."
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

"Good!" Civvy nods once, making a cute little 'mhm mhm!' noise as she does. Her hair bounces slightly, floofily, as she looks back up at Eos.
He may not have put the pieces of it together yet; but he is standing in the realm of the hope goddess. Talking too the goddess of hope. Telling her his hopes, directly.
"I appreciate that a lot!" And he should find now, that in here, of all places, things should be safe. He shouldn't be able to blow things up accidently any more. Deliberately . . . perhaps. But he should be safe now, as long as he's in this realm. "I'm certain you've got this~

Now! What can I get for you? Tea? Cookies? Key's to a house? How long do you wish to stay?"
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

[Civvy's Flower Garden]

"As, um... as long as you would have me, your Ladyship." Eos says with a shallow bow. "D- my father, Absum, Lord of Order and Destruction, sent me here when it became apparent our realm was dying. It's... it's not going to be fixed any time soon. My mum- mother, Adea, Lady of Chaos and Creation, she... she's disappeared. And without her, all that is left for our world is entropy; my father can't save it, so he's trying to make sure it rots as slowly as possible so everyone can get clear. My brothers and sisters are all being sent to other realms, and will probably stay there for a while. If... if it's not too much of an imposition, I'd like to stay here."

He decides to pass on the tea and cookies. Better to not test how he would fare with delicate dishware.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Behoove me to what? I mean the divine seed definitely behooved me, that's for sure." Mist says with a shrug, rolling with the pun that he DEFINITELY hasn't been waiting to use for ages.
"Oh, okay." Mist isn't sure what to make of Naku's discovery. "I don't...think that looks like a problem?" Mist kind of just assumed Civvy's realm was full of pink wildlife.

"That sounds cute." Isaac admits. "I wish I had more time to help out too. But, well..." He does have two disciplines of magic to learn, regular schoolwork, physical training, AND the hobbies he somehow maintains. It's a wonder he has time for Iknika at all.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Mar 29, 2023 8:07 am [Civvy's Flower Garden]

"As, um... as long as you would have me, your Ladyship." Eos says with a shallow bow. "D- my father, Absum, Lord of Order and Destruction, sent me here when it became apparent our realm was dying. It's... it's not going to be fixed any time soon. My mum- mother, Adea, Lady of Chaos and Creation, she... she's disappeared. And without her, all that is left for our world is entropy; my father can't save it, so he's trying to make sure it rots as slowly as possible so everyone can get clear. My brothers and sisters are all being sent to other realms, and will probably stay there for a while. If... if it's not too much of an imposition, I'd like to stay here."

He decides to pass on the tea and cookies. Better to not test how he would fare with delicate dishware.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

"Oh no! That's awful!" Civvy exclaims, clasping her hands over her mouth and reeling back half a step. "I'm so sorry! My mom went missing for a bit too one time, and it was really scary! I'm so sorry. If we can help find her! Please let us know!

But yes! Yes yes yes! Please! My home is yours!"
With that said, as well as another affirmative, resolute, hair-flouncy nod, Civvy takes a step forwards, and holds her hands out. Cupped between them is a key.
"This key is yours. The house it goes to is yours." Civvy the key is a blank. It doesn't have any teeth on i- "Find the house you like, put this in the lock, and it's yours." Oh okay. "There are a lotta sizes and floorplans in a lotta neighborhoods! Take your time, pick the one that calls to you! Naku'll help show you around! She has nothin' but time!"

Naku would likely disagree, but she doesn't actually do so. She just smiles, slightly, her back turned to the pair, to at least attempt to maintain some stoic stature.

Though her tail does swish once. Civvy winks at Eos. She's not gonna spoil her champion's attempt to be cool and collected.
Keeper wrote: Mar 29, 2023 7:03 pm Portal, Another Time

"Behoove me to what? I mean the divine seed definitely behooved me, that's for sure." Mist says with a shrug, rolling with the pun that he DEFINITELY hasn't been waiting to use for ages.
"Oh, okay." Mist isn't sure what to make of Naku's discovery. "I don't...think that looks like a problem?" Mist kind of just assumed Civvy's realm was full of pink wildlife.
Portal, Another Time

"Well. Yes. And you would be right to kind of shrug. Most of the creatures here are pink.
But *this one*."
Naku says, stepping back over to Mist. "Is a *troublemaker*. This is Sally. If you let her out of your sight for 17 seconds she will return with two gunpla kits and the biggest pleading puppy eyes you have ever seen." The little dragon makes an indignant little mewling noise. "As such, we will be bringing her with us. If you don't object. You can carry her if you would like, she is quite calm once caught."
Morty

Post by Morty »

"It is. I still remember when Cheasadh was a kid hanging out with my siblings and cousins. Then she was one of them, just like that." Iknika rests her head on Isaac's chest for a moment. "Brinika is serious about a music career, too. Makes me think I ought to do something to be more like a real knight."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: Mar 30, 2023 4:24 am Portal, Another Time

"Well. Yes. And you would be right to kind of shrug. Most of the creatures here are pink.
But *this one*."
Naku says, stepping back over to Mist. "Is a *troublemaker*. This is Sally. If you let her out of your sight for 17 seconds she will return with two gunpla kits and the biggest pleading puppy eyes you have ever seen." The little dragon makes an indignant little mewling noise. "As such, we will be bringing her with us. If you don't object. You can carry her if you would like, she is quite calm once caught."
Portal, Another Time

"Oh sure, you two load up, if you still want to practice riding. I'm ah, not really a high-capacity vehicle but I think I can manage a second passenger if she's that small." For some reason Mist isn't sure about referring to himself like that. If he's a travel god, would he be a god of cars? Best not think about it.
Morty wrote: Mar 30, 2023 6:24 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Date]

"It is. I still remember when Cheasadh was a kid hanging out with my siblings and cousins. Then she was one of them, just like that." Iknika rests her head on Isaac's chest for a moment. "Brinika is serious about a music career, too. Makes me think I ought to do something to be more like a real knight."

"Aw, don't say that." Isaac insists, putting his arms around Iknika. "I mean, you have weaponry, ideals, an oath and a castle. I'd say that's pretty knightly. You're only really missing some plate and a steed. And aren't there plenty of those in Underside?" Isaac asks.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Iknika grins and stands on her tiptoes to kiss Isaac on the cheek. Without biting, thankfully. She's learned her lesson.

"Oh, for sure. I'd love to ride a giant beetle someday. But convincing someone to let me learn it because I want to be a knight... not easy. Most goblins' eyes glaze over when you talk about knighthood."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"Well, you don't have to tell them that's what it's for. And otherwise...isn't your friend with MERC or something? I know they're famous for the wolves and stuff. Wolves are cute." Isaac suggests.
It's important to keep your options open when societal expectations want to prevent you from riding around gallantly and hitting things with a hammer.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Mar 30, 2023 8:13 pm Portal, Another Time

"Oh sure, you two load up, if you still want to practice riding. I'm ah, not really a high-capacity vehicle but I think I can manage a second passenger if she's that small." For some reason Mist isn't sure about referring to himself like that. If he's a travel god, would he be a god of cars? Best not think about it.
Portal, Another Time

"Certainly. Thank you for being willing to let me bring her along with us. I am hesitant to leave her unsupervised. Supposedly she once set fire to HALO's kitchen." The little dragon makes another indignant little chirrup-ing noise. Naku climbs back up, Sally still held tight. "So . . . to where are we travelling currently?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah. His uncle works for MERC. And MERC's boss has his own wolf pack. But I want a giant beetle," Iknika says firmly. It's one of those times where she sets her sights on something and gets laser-focused. "People expect a goblin knight to come in riding a wolf, but does anyone expect a knight mounted on a beetle and swinging a hammer at them? I don't think so."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Oh, I didn't realize you guys had connections to HALO. Well I was just going to take you into town and maybe back if you want me to. Anywhere you want to go?" Mist asks Naku as he stands back up.

Isaac considers the image. "Well, are goblin beetle mounts longer-lived than normal ones? I feel like it would be kind of a problem to combat-train a new mount every year and a half."
Morty

Post by Morty »

Iknika pauses for a moment. It's safe to say she's never considered this question.

"I... think so? But I don't know. I could ask uncle Rapnuk." That would be Brinika and Cheasadh's father; Iknika's father is his brother. "He works with them. Or find a way to make a beetle live longer."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Trio]

Khannie nods at what her friends have to say.

"I think all that stuff is right, too. That question has got a messy, complicated answer cuz people are messy and complicated."

She's pretty sure they aren't going to be able to come up with something more conclusive than that.

People are weird and different and crazy and wonderful; stuffing everyone into the same box just isn't going to work.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Mar 30, 2023 4:24 am [Civvy's Flower Garden]

"Oh no! That's awful!" Civvy exclaims, clasping her hands over her mouth and reeling back half a step. "I'm so sorry! My mom went missing for a bit too one time, and it was really scary! I'm so sorry. If we can help find her! Please let us know!

But yes! Yes yes yes! Please! My home is yours!"
With that said, as well as another affirmative, resolute, hair-flouncy nod, Civvy takes a step forwards, and holds her hands out. Cupped between them is a key.
"This key is yours. The house it goes to is yours." Civvy the key is a blank. It doesn't have any teeth on i- "Find the house you like, put this in the lock, and it's yours." Oh okay. "There are a lotta sizes and floorplans in a lotta neighborhoods! Take your time, pick the one that calls to you! Naku'll help show you around! She has nothin' but time!"

Naku would likely disagree, but she doesn't actually do so. She just smiles, slightly, her back turned to the pair, to at least attempt to maintain some stoic stature.

Though her tail does swish once. Civvy winks at Eos. She's not gonna spoil her champion's attempt to be cool and collected.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

Eos shakes as he accepts the key, wincing as it lands in his hand, as though he's expecting it to disintegrate on contact with his skin. When that doesn't happen, he lets out a relieved little sigh and smiles a bit nervously. "Wait, so... does that mean there's a house it goes to and I just have to find out which it is, or does it go to any house but just the one, or...?" He asks, holding it between his fingers daintily. "I, um... I want to be clear on that before I go shoving it into any locks."

Otherwise, the real estate market around here would probably take a pretty dramatic turn.

"I, um... I guess we should go ahead and start looking." He adds, running his other hand up his sleeve and stopping at the gold bracer by his wrist. "...And... thank you. This really means a lot to me."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.