Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Mar 12, 2023 8:38 pm [Trail of the Red-Clad Man]

"Why is it a shame? Did you want that rooster to be defeated?" Hiep makes no comments as to whether or not she can do it. She might be able to, she just has to learn something... "Did you send that overgrown poultry out in hopes someone would do it?"
Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 13, 2023 4:31 pm Trail of the Red-Clad Man

"I might not be able to stop it for good, but I don't think it can stop me for good, either. So, y'know, there's that." Even if it kills her, the rooster then has to deal with her superpowered zombie trying to burn everything down. And even if she can't kill it, keeping it delayed and focused on her can still help defeat it. Teamwork is a greater weapon than many consider.
[Trail of the Red-Clad Man]

"Why else set it up to stay in one place, rather than let it wander the countryside?" The massive devil gives an oversized shrug. "I had hoped one of the local population would rise to the task. That they would eventually grow furious with the rooster's demands and slay it themselves. Perhaps they still might... but for as long as there are heroines there to bail them out, they will be slow to do so." The massive man leans forward, such that his face is not more than a foot away from Hiep and Harriet's. "Is that truly all you wish to know?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"Oh, no. Got a whole list." Hiep tosses her hair idly. "Like what that rooster really is and where it came from."

[A Little Town]

"I have already ascertained that I am up against a great number, yes." Calm Reed nods curtly. That much is rather obvious. "So tell me what you know that we may devise a plan of action."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Trail of the Red Clad Man

"I want to know who you are, and how you expect the people of a village like Welmet to kill that rooster when a pair of travelling heroines couldn't kill it, only drive it off." And they didn't even bind it, so for all they know it could have gone back to Welmet whilst they're discussing things with this bloke. Perhaps one of the locals is even now discovering previously unrealised might and killing the rooster now Welmet's protectors are gone.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[A Little Town]

Henrietta waves a hand over the mirror, and the reflection fades to dark colors, "You're not just against a small army," a trio of figures coalesce out of the darkness.

Henrietta points to the first one. He's a massive pale-skinned man, he's likely at least seven feet tall. He's undressed from the waist up, showing off a physique that states power just from how he's built - unlike some body-builders, he's got some weight to him, similar to some actual strongmen Calm Reed is likely to have seen throughout his life. His head is shaved, though one can see from the hair follicles that this is because he was already bald and didn't want the remaining hair on a ring around his head, "This is Julius. I've seen him shrug off bullets and pick up tractors like they were nothing. If he grabs you, he'll crush the life out of you."

She points to the next one. This man is much smaller than the others, with a hunch in his back that Calm Reed likely relates to people who spend more time bent over books than doing physical labor, and the soft skin of his hands backs that assumption up. He's dressed in a long white coat, and connected to his head is a series of wires and tubes moving into a machine hanging off of his back. Spatterings of dark hair have started sprouting up on his head, around surgical scars, "This is Jeremy. He controls the robot army you saw with his mind. No idea how that works, but he's more dangerous than he looks even without the bots around. He's never far from weapons."

"And this," she points to the final figure, "is the one they call their boss."

The final individual has feminine curves, but they're obviously designed that way, having been cast out of metal armoring. She stands between Julius and Jeremy in height, and around her body she wears red fabrics that hug her machine form in a way one might consider alluring. Her hair looks metallic, made out of some blue material, and given the way her fingernails and toes are colored a similar blue and glowing, she clearly holds some vanity.

"I don't know what she can do, but the men fear her."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Trail of the Red Clad Man]

"Who that rooster is? I do not know, nor does it matter. All I can tell you for certain is, he isn't one of mine." The devil shrugs and waves the question away.

"As for who I am..." The chains holding up the throne clink together as it slowly pulls forward toward them, and the massive brute sitting on it stands up, drawing himself to his full height, staring down at Hiep and Harriet as he steps forward. "I am determination, unyielding. I am the one who tears down the strong, who rips the weak from their weakness. I am the lord of those who are wronged, and the arms of those who would make it right. I am Dolor, the Devil of Wrath."

As the words are spoken, an icy wind blows through again from the pit, carrying with it agonized screams from the depths below. As though the extra emphasis was needed to establish the Devil's identity.

"...And it is as such that the people of Welmet will know me." Dolor says, spreading his hands. "For while none yet have the means, already my servants stand ready in Welmet for one who has the will. And where there is a will, I will provide a way."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

Hiep tilts her head. She's clearly unimpressed.

"So... send a monster to menace folk, then offer them a way to deal with it. On your terms. I've seen your type before. Solving a problem you helped create is profitable."

[A Little Town]

Calm Reed regards the vision with a cool, calculating gaze. Her mind works through plans of attack, strengths and weaknesses.

"If this Jeremy controls the robot army, then it would be beneficial to strike him down first, if at all possible. Unless the army has other means of control."

[Junkyard]

Wenomir recognizes what Mia is doing and advances, taking advantage of the pause in sending projectiles. He hopes that Mia succeeds and provides him an opening, but he has a trick of his own. As he swiftly closes the distance, his sword blurs and turns into a longer greatsword just before the attack. This lets him attack sooner than Zeeland might anticipate and might provide and advantage.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Trail of the Red-Clad Man

"So you're a dick. You wanted to make people angry so their judgement's impaired so they agree to one-sided deals with you. Or are you so impotent you can't make deals with people who aren't angry? You look the big man, on your fancy throne and in your tighty wightys, but you don't scare me. I fought a thing once I couldn't really see, it was messing with my perceptions horribly. That scared me. You're just a dude." And Harriet's not fought enough humanoids since she gained her powers to fear people as well as the monsters and zombies she's faced previously.

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hog Heaven]

Tsumi makes a 'pfft' sound, but she does have the advantage of reach and debatably versatility while she's using that prop sword. She jogs over to one of the bins, picks out a worn looking shield, and tosses it in a spin to Dena. Hopefully the gorgon is good at catching!

"Any further accommodations?" Tsumi asks, stepping over again. "Some pads, perhaps. A blanket. A warm glass of milk. Maybe I should have that last one, in case I fall asleep."

[Clutching Pearls]

Vargain listens quite patiently to Lapis as he follows her along, gradually returning to the forest floor himself... and he laughs richly as the pearl plunks to the forest floor. "The luck of children..." He intones with a shake of his head, smiling.

"While I don't know that I agree with your mother, Lapis, far be it from me to put you off such an attitude. There are many worse ways to think," says Vargain. He looks up amongst the trees. "Do you truly believe our kindness goes somewhere, Lapis? That it might come back to us? And what of our misdeeds, then?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Mar 16, 2023 11:54 pm [Trail of the Red Clad Man]

Hiep tilts her head. She's clearly unimpressed.

"So... send a monster to menace folk, then offer them a way to deal with it. On your terms. I've seen your type before. Solving a problem you helped create is profitable."
Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 17, 2023 3:59 pm Trail of the Red-Clad Man

"So you're a dick. You wanted to make people angry so their judgement's impaired so they agree to one-sided deals with you. Or are you so impotent you can't make deals with people who aren't angry? You look the big man, on your fancy throne and in your tighty wightys, but you don't scare me. I fought a thing once I couldn't really see, it was messing with my perceptions horribly. That scared me. You're just a dude." And Harriet's not fought enough humanoids since she gained her powers to fear people as well as the monsters and zombies she's faced previously.

Dolor frowns at that.

Which is all the warning either woman receives before the chains spring to life, erupting in a cascade of frighteningly cold steel and rolling around them both, in such a way as to create a tangled web of links around them before curling back around in an attempt at binding them where they stand. Closer to Dolor, the links slither toward the pit; there's too much slack for that to do much now, but they'll already be able to see that the intent is to drag them back, and down into the depths below.

"You will not. Speak. That way. To me." The Devil intones impatiently. "I have a good mind to snuff you both out for simply interfering. Wipe out a few variables I didn't account for and resume the plan. Somebody will stand up to the rooster again. It's only a matter of time." The massive fiend picks at his nails irritably. "Perhaps one of you would care to enlighten me on why I shouldn't?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

The chains will find it difficult to find purchase on Hiep. It's only partly a visible effort on her part; she does bend and sway out of their way but there's also a resonance around her that pushes them away and puts her in the right place for the chains to miss. She also seems to know what happens before it does, as is a pattern with her.

"I don't know, you kind of assume that you can do it in the first place," she remarks as she backs away.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Junkyard]

The blue glow doesn't have any obvious outward effect on either bot after the fact, and apart from a mid-sized transmission of data, nothing that a scanner could reasonably pick up.

The fake bot's attack connects with Zeeland, causing him to stagger forward for a moment. He looks up sharply to see Wenomir coming at him. In response, the firefighter immediately teleports back, while a version of him with a broken screen and no cores or clothes to speak of appears in his original position. This decoy, a robot corpse pulled from an alternate timeline, isn't exactly tough enough to stop an attack, but will violently combust when destroyed which should hopefully slow Wenomir down.

Meanwhile, the real Zeeland is now immediately behind the fake TARBot, and his next move is to grapple the dummy, holding it tightly in his arms whilst running back towards his firetruck.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Harriet can't and doesn't dodge the chains, getting wrapped up. She responds by heating up, pumping out heat and radiation so her borrowed clothes catch fire, and the Pipboy on her wrist's ticking increases in rapidity and urgency. "Do you think you can? There's only one thing in all the multiverse that could kill me for good, I'm pretty sure, and you're not it." Unless Dolor happens to be Hyperion, anyway, and he's nowhere near radioactive enough for that.

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Dolor frowns a bit as Hiep dodges the chains entirely. How she managed such a thing was, for the moment, beyond him.

But, it hardly matters. He can make his point just as vividly with just one.

"Oh, I'm well aware that your patron protects you." The Devil says, clamping down a taloned foot on the chain just as it starts to go taut. "But if you think that a refuge, you are a fool. Have you ever been to the Lethean Abyss?" He chuckles darkly. "Of course not. Allow me to describe it to you. When this chain pulls you down into my realm, you will find yourself in the middle of an ocean, with nary a speck of land in sight. It will pull you down, down into the waters, where you will soon learn to forget all about such luxuries as 'warmth', 'light', and 'breath'." The Devil looks down as the heat from Harriet starts creeping up the chain toward his foot, the metal glowing red, orange, and white. "But fear not... the Abyss is not bottomless. When you reach the ocean floor, where the weight of the water would crush your body into a diamond if were you mortal, you will find a place where you may finally rest. And there you will continue to fall while you are entombed in ice, buried alive, at the bottom of a nameless place in a boundless sea, where neither god nor man will ever find you, and your patron may never grant you the mercy of death."

Dolor lifts his foot, letting the chain jerk Harriet forward a few feet, before smashing it down again, shattering the chain underfoot, releasing Harriet in the process. "Consider that, the next time you wish to display your insolence." The Devil leers at her, stepping back and resting on his throne again.

"Fortunately for you both, I am in a merciful mood." Dolor continues, his chin on his fist. "In fact, your arrogance has been... most amusing. And so I will grant, to both of you, a boon." He raises his hand to forestall any objections. "And no, there is no trickery to be had here. I will permit the both of you whatever you wish, and I will demand nothing in return. Unless, of course, you would rather sample my hospitality."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Normally, I'm all for big, burly men with no shirts on offering me boons, but this one time I'll pass." Hiep measures Dolor with palpable scepticism. It's not likely she and Harriet can fight him, so the best thing might be to come back once they've got a better plan.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Trail of the Red Clad Man

"I don't think I'd enjoy that." But Harriet still isn't overly intimidated; her immortality is resurrective, she can die, and that sounds pretty lethal. So she's reasonably sure she'd be able to escape, but there's no reason to let Dolor know that. She'll also lower her heat and pull the burning rags off her body to toss them aside.

"Well, I find myself in need of some clothes again. So I'd appreciate something to wear." Exactly what she's not too fussed about, although she misses her blue jumpsuit. She's also quite interested to see what he comes up with; it might provide some insight into how he sees her.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Halae wrote: Mar 06, 2023 3:42 pm [Well Training]

Emily reaches down to a pouch under her rain-slicked waist cape; a utility belt sits there beneath it. From that pouch she draws out a bag that'd be large for anybody but Emily herself - for her, it fits snugly into her palm, though what's inside is likely a mystery. She kneels down to make herself less imposing and calls out, "Hey there, Brutus. You doing okay, bud? Want some food?"

You avoid spooking animals if you can. While Emily's confident she can take a mule in a fight, fighting is exactly what you shouldn't be doing if you can avoid it.
Murkus wrote: Mar 18, 2023 11:33 pm [Hog Heaven]

Tsumi makes a 'pfft' sound, but she does have the advantage of reach and debatably versatility while she's using that prop sword. She jogs over to one of the bins, picks out a worn looking shield, and tosses it in a spin to Dena. Hopefully the gorgon is good at catching!

"Any further accommodations?" Tsumi asks, stepping over again. "Some pads, perhaps. A blanket. A warm glass of milk. Maybe I should have that last one, in case I fall asleep."
[Well Training]

There's movement inside the barn and eventually the scarred face of a donkey peeks out.
It eyes her and then the bag suspiciously. Giving her the real stink-eye.
The animal seems to be expecting her to make a move when there's another flash which is shortly followed by thunder. Causing the donkey to look around in fright.

[Hog Heaven]

Depends on what she's catching, but in this instance she seems to have a deeply ingrained muscle memory as she catches that shield like someone would catch a frisbee.
"Hey, you were the one suggesting a tipsy duel, against my better judgement I might add." Dena remarks as she casually starts to strap the shield onto her arm. "You will have to endure my drunken meanderings now, lady." She shakes her head in mock disapproval. "Expecting me to be straight and narrow when she's given me so much booze..."

Once the shield is on Dena starts to jog in place and then shift from side to side while still remaining fairly still. "But I'm ready now so come at me if you're so eager to start."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Mar 25, 2023 12:34 pm [Trail of the Red-Clad Man]

"Normally, I'm all for big, burly men with no shirts on offering me boons, but this one time I'll pass." Hiep measures Dolor with palpable scepticism. It's not likely she and Harriet can fight him, so the best thing might be to come back once they've got a better plan.
Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 25, 2023 1:09 pm Trail of the Red Clad Man

"I don't think I'd enjoy that." But Harriet still isn't overly intimidated; her immortality is resurrective, she can die, and that sounds pretty lethal. So she's reasonably sure she'd be able to escape, but there's no reason to let Dolor know that. She'll also lower her heat and pull the burning rags off her body to toss them aside.

"Well, I find myself in need of some clothes again. So I'd appreciate something to wear." Exactly what she's not too fussed about, although she misses her blue jumpsuit. She's also quite interested to see what he comes up with; it might provide some insight into how he sees her.

Dolor smirks. "Easily accommodated. Though pitifully small-minded on your part." The Devil lifts his hand, gives a little wave, and Harriet is once again dressed, in her blue jumpsuit, exactly like the kind she used to wear. Dolor turns to Hiep and gives her a rueful little smirk. "That'll be one. Perhaps you wish to exercise the option at another time?" He waves his hand. "No matter. If you figure out what boon you want, all you'd need to do is scrawl out a circle like this and call my name." He leans in, spittle flying from his teeth as he continues mere inches from Hiep's face. "But... I am not the Devil of Patience. If you have not asked for anything within a month, I will take it to mean you want a tour of the Abyss... and I will be happy to provide it."

Dolor takes a seat on his throne and leans back. "Consider your answer carefully, traveler." He says, flashing her a set of pointed teeth.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I might decline the tour. And see if you can catch me," Hiep suggests. "But I could also think of something in a month. I'm pretty creative."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Harriet doesn't have anything to immediately add to the conversation, instead feeling the fabric of the jumpsuit and pressing it down to assess how comfortable it is, and if it's made of the same fabric as her prior Vault jumpsuit. She'll fasten her surviving trinkets and talismans over the top of it, until she's back to her previous somewhat techno-barbarian look.

Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 25, 2023 3:51 pm [Well Training]

There's movement inside the barn and eventually the scarred face of a donkey peeks out.
It eyes her and then the bag suspiciously. Giving her the real stink-eye.
The animal seems to be expecting her to make a move when there's another flash which is shortly followed by thunder. Causing the donkey to look around in fright.
[Well Training]

Emily will reach into the bag smoothly, no sudden movements, and draws out... a granola mix bar. She keeps a few foodstuffs on her person, in case of emergencies. Said emergencies don't often come up, but when they do the option to hand over some food or eat when you're starving is invaluable. And it's proving its worth right now, in front of her.

Well, as long as Brutus accepts the offering, anyways. She doesn't want to hurt him, and helping him be calm in the face of the storm is probably a good deed.
Morty wrote: Mar 16, 2023 11:54 pm [A Little Town]

Calm Reed regards the vision with a cool, calculating gaze. Her mind works through plans of attack, strengths and weaknesses.

"If this Jeremy controls the robot army, then it would be beneficial to strike him down first, if at all possible. Unless the army has other means of control."
[A Little Town]

"If it does, I haven't seen it," Henrietta states, waving away the visions. They're replaced by an image of the inside of a factory, where Jeremy sits in an office overlooking the whole thing, "The problem of course is that he's in the center of that army. No matter how good you are, you'll be overwhelmed."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Little Town]

Calm Reed closes her eyes briefly.

"It would be most efficient for someone to infiltrate the building and slay him. But that is not my area of expertise."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[A Little Town]

"And yet what we have is you," Henrietta states, her tone one of condescension, "You ready to give up yet?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Well Training]

Brutus head disappears into the darkness of the stable.
But soon enough it reappears as even the most stubborn of asses can't resist food when they're hungry.
So he goes for the trail-mix... slowly.
Suspiciously starting to go for that granola while still keeping an eye on his green benefactor.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Mar 27, 2023 2:52 pm [Trail of the Red-Clad Man]

"I might decline the tour. And see if you can catch me," Hiep suggests. "But I could also think of something in a month. I'm pretty creative."
Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 27, 2023 3:42 pm Trail of the Red-Clad Man

Harriet doesn't have anything to immediately add to the conversation, instead feeling the fabric of the jumpsuit and pressing it down to assess how comfortable it is, and if it's made of the same fabric as her prior Vault jumpsuit. She'll fasten her surviving trinkets and talismans over the top of it, until she's back to her previous somewhat techno-barbarian look.

"It can't be any worse than hers." The Devil points out, gesturing toward Harriet and her brand-new Vault jumpsuit. "Unless, of course, it's nothing. In which case... well, it won't be worse for me."

Dolor smirks and snaps his fingers, the chains suspending his throne receding into the pit. "Until we meet again, ladies." He chortles, as his throne plummets down into the abyss below, echoes of maniacal laughter drifting back up to Hiep and Harriet.

A moment later, the sky lightens again, and warmth returns to the climate around them. The circle is once again just a circle; no perilous black void to potentially fall into or release another demon or devil.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Little Town]

Calm Reed looks Henrietta directly in the eye. She realizes that this woman is doing. Trying to rile her up. But she's doing so crudely. An Exalted Dynast could tear down your pride and accomplishments under the guise of pleasant conversation or praise.

"If I were to do that, we would need time to find someone in Vigil who can sneak past an army of killer-machines. That is time I do not think you have. We will make do with what we have."

"That could have gone a lot better. But also worse," Hiep remarks. "Seems like this unfortunate town got caught up in the schemes or some self-important demon. Poor bastards. They knew how to party."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I wouldn't know. I arrived too late for any celebrations or whatever. I'll keep my ear to the ground, though. If I think that rooster or this dude's causing trouble elsewhere I'll try and get involved." But for now, Harriet does not want to have another ride on Hiep's deer-horse; it was really uncomfortable and a little scary. She'll walk somewhere, or possibly skim; might be she can find a gateway through Hyperion to get to civilisation, such as it is in the Nexus.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"You missed out. The party was what that bird was going on about, with sin and all." Hiep rubs the back of her head. "I'll see you around, I guess."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

Hiep will lead Sekhmet out into the rolling foothills. The hunting lodge is a fair distance away from Sekhmet's home, but the devil-queen will have at least a vague impression that Hiep is doing something to speed the way. If nothing else, she seems to always pick the right path and direction. Like many things about the Sidereal, this power is strange and uncanny.

The strange woman is also as talkative as ever. Fortunately, she will begin by giving Sekhmet actual useful information. The inhabitants of the lodge are "elves", which seem distinct from humans but that Hiep hadn't met until now. It appears to be the way of their people to congregate around powerful fey. They honor their patron by hunting dangerous beasts that dwell nearby and engaging in revelry. Hiep has no doubt become intimately familiar with some of them but fate has smiled on Sekhmet because she doesn't go into detail. She at least seems to have hinted to them that Sekhmet doesn't share their sensibilities and they should take care. Finally, she'll warn Sekhmet that she introduced herself to the elves as Zhelshu.

Having exhausted the topic of the elves, Hiep (apparently unable or unwilling to stay silent) will share some stories of her job. She appears to be working for a "Bureau of Destiny" and although she's light on the details, it's clear that it is a monstrously convoluted bureaucracy. She will go into some detail about a recent task she was given: to make sure a humble shoemaker's son is in place to fulfill an important destiny - not as easy as it sounds due to his best efforts to get himself killed or arrested. She worked on it with another Sidereal, a man by name of Eightfold Razor, distractingly handsome and tragically not interested in women.

Finally, the two women will proceed down a path between two cliffs and see a gentle slope descending towards a lake. At the edge of a lake is a settlement of simple, sturdy buildings. A river runs through it, flowing into the lake. Above the village is another steep cliff, on top of which is a grove of trees - its power is palpable even from this distance, so it must be Silent Feathers Drifting's sanctum.

"Arright, here we are. I should probably wait in the village while you talk to him."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
At some point, Sekhmet changes her simple clothes to a royal gown and jewelry. The new outfit might be a bit more "interesting" to Hiep, but not anywhere near like the one priestess was. She nods. "I'll take a look at the village as I pass through." Sekhmet descends the path to the village, intending to pass through quickly, before ascending to the sanctum grove.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

Once the two of them reach the village Hiep dismounts from her deer (who is apparently named Nhay) and quickly spots someone she recognizes - three elf men. Sekhmet will be free to take a look at the village before ascending. Its elven inhabitants trend towards brown skin and curly hair, which might remind Sekhmet of Greek people from back home.

No one will stop her, though many will look up at her. She will pass by elves of all ages and genders, engaged in everyday activities. The most noteworthy sight is a group of men and women bringing in a strange creature, apparently a snake with a number of toothy tendrils. Other inhabitants are excited to see them and get ready to dress and strip the beast.

Unless she stops to talk to someone, the path to the sanctum will be open to her.