The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

The mouse does indeed wriggle more, squirming as it's tumbled about, attempting to some kind of orientation as it's stuck tail-over-nose, face-first in...

At this point Cass' conscious thought takes over from its mousey instincts, and it freezes in a sudden feeling of dreadful embarrassment, practically stunned as the sudden weight of realization comes crashing down on it.

...I'm so stupid.

Wren, similarly, bolts to his feet, running an anxious hand through his hair and swearing in drow as he looks between Dena and Sally with a panicked expression. There's no way he'd be able to explain it to Wenomir and Geneviève if Cass got themselves squished to death in such a magnificent set of...

"Oh light I'm so, so, so sorry," he says, holding an apologetic hand out to Sally. "Just uh... just stay still and calm, and we can try and get that mouse out of uh... out of..."

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

"-her giant milkers?" Dena helpfully finishes as Wren had done such an amazing job setting that up.

Then she snaps that photo of Wren apologetically holding out a hand to Sally as she was struggling with the mousy invader.
She spends a moment to stare at it.
Could you actually see the mouse here or would she have to get in closer?
"I could help." The gorgon then offers. "Done some rat-catching in my day." She wiggles her fingers as if to demonstrate. Though her hair seems even more eager to help with how they're all suddenly staring at Sally's big heart all of sudden.

They sure want to save that mouse.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration

Ivarr nearly loses some of his hot coffee when Sally appears to potentially whisk Ber'ri away for a little. Looks like he was surprised! He coughs until he gets it under control and straightens himself out. "Well, if Ber'ri is helping, maybe a cappuccino? With an extra shot of espresso." He orders, pulling a small tab of gold from his pocket and offering it to Sally. "And I'll cover whatever Mina and Ber'ri are having too." The dwarf offers. "I know you offered, Mina, but I have a policy of not letting others pay around me."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration

Mina blinks at Sally’s words.
”I didn’t realize you worked here. Uh.”
It doesn’t actually change anything that Ber’ri works at the Garnet to be honest. Mina just didn’t figure that out.
”I’ve never actually had boba so just coffee is fine with me.”
It was always too expensive when she didn’t have money and she honestly forgot about it now that she does.
”I don’t want to bother you on your special day. And thanks, Ivarr.”
Frankly she’s a little disappointed. She did want to do something nice for Ber’ri. But there’s no sense getting into an argument about who pays. It sounds like the dwarf is well-off too so it doesn’t matter much. If they see each other again Mina will just have to invite her to her cool mansion. But that would be weird to do the first time you meet someone, right?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Feb 06, 2023 3:26 am Sally nods a few times, and especially in light of Alva offering a Far More Powerful Tool, just kind of waits to see what happens.

"Oh my gosh would you be willing to please? I didn't expect rush hour for another few hours and Kara is off galivanting around. Ber'ri has the day off, she needed to go do things, and I love having people here so so so so much but um. Y-yes please. We can just tag off, there's supplies enough for both of us to work same time. We can just handle folks as they come in! Thank youuuuuuuuuu~!"
Terumitsu wrote: Feb 06, 2023 3:06 am A smile and a very quick shake of a tail or three (let's be honest, it was more than just three.) as Alva was quite glad to have gotten her guesses right. "Maybe.. Could I also get you a pen or something to write things down? I think I saw you sketching in the air there..." she asked, head tilting to the side just a bit. Though before she could get a 'yes' or 'no' answer, she just.. Reached down and produced a pen and pad from within her blouse. ...Convenient? Either way, they would be offered just in case more was wanted.

And while any sketching was taking place, she did just slightly bump her shoulder against Sally's and asked: "Didn't expect rush hour this early. Did you want me to head to the back to get things made while you hand out the orders? Vice versa?" Alva was many things, yes, but right now she was a very helpful fox.
The slimegirl is also happy that they managed to get it!

When offered a pen, she shakes her head - oh, wait, too late. There's already a pen there.

She figures the best way to show why she doesn't want a pen (the slimegirl doesn't want to be misunderstood: it's not because she's obstinate! It's not because she can't write! But it's because holding a pen is just so hard to do and paper is very absorbent!)

The slimegirl holds the pen.
She holds it against the pad and starts trying to write...
The first difficulty shows up pretty quickly. She can hardly get any pressure to push against the pad, so the pen ink is very very very light.
About five seconds later, though, the pen starts sinking into her hand, since applying any kind of pressure, especially continuous pressure, makes her slime act more like a liquid. Pretty soon, it's far enough in her hand that she can't write with it anymore and she instead uses her other hand to try to push it out of her hand.

It's pretty annoying, she thinks. But she didn't get to choose how her biology works, so she hopes she doesn't get blamed.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

AshenAmbrosia wrote: Feb 06, 2023 5:00 am The mouse does indeed wriggle more, squirming as it's tumbled about, attempting to some kind of orientation as it's stuck tail-over-nose, face-first in...

At this point Cass' conscious thought takes over from its mousey instincts, and it freezes in a sudden feeling of dreadful embarrassment, practically stunned as the sudden weight of realization comes crashing down on it.

...I'm so stupid.

Wren, similarly, bolts to his feet, running an anxious hand through his hair and swearing in drow as he looks between Dena and Sally with a panicked expression. There's no way he'd be able to explain it to Wenomir and Geneviève if Cass got themselves squished to death in such a magnificent set of...

"Oh light I'm so, so, so sorry," he says, holding an apologetic hand out to Sally. "Just uh... just stay still and calm, and we can try and get that mouse out of uh... out of..."
Sally . . . actually does something slightly smart.
A little bit.
Kind of.
Sort of. A bit.
She holds mostly still.
Though she does so, with her back straight, and absolutely towering over the others, where there is absolutely no easy way to just . . . sneak that little mouse out.
"But-but-bu-b-ba-ssafsafs--asfasfd--" Oh no Sally it's okay it's okay just ignore the way Cass is wiggling and tickling and those whiskers are just-
Sally manages, somehow, beyond any belief, to remain mostly still. Though a small, slightly nervous little titter slips out of her as Cass manages to tickle her a little. "N-n-n-no it's- it's- um- it's . . . c-certainly unique! We can just- um- . . .
. . .
I- ehehee- um . . . I'm sure we can just. Um. G-get them out r-right?"

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am "-her giant milkers?" Dena helpfully finishes as Wren had done such an amazing job setting that up.

Then she snaps that photo of Wren apologetically holding out a hand to Sally as she was struggling with the mousy invader.
"I could help." The gorgon then offers. "Done some rat-catching in my day." She wiggles her fingers as if to demonstrate. Though her hair seems even more eager to help with how they're all suddenly staring at Sally's big heart all of sudden.

But then Dena's comments and Sally looks back up from her chest, to look at Dena and quickly and hastily assure her that "No no no no milk not since that time at Grace's-" Sally, bless her heart, has the presence of mind to cut herself off. The bright red blush that was bright enough to literally radiate heat definitely didn't tell any further info as to this story. "Um- I- . . . Noooooo. ?" Sally remembered something about snakes. Her daughter's girlfriend had explained it one time. Something about simply wanting to devour cute little mice.
Oh yeah that'd be pretty bad this is her new friend's friend! She can't let that happen! "I genuinely appreciate the offer," Sally takes a few steps back, and accidently runs into a table. Her knees bend slightly as the lip of the table catches her just on the back, and she sits down onto the table with a fairly heavy oomph, and Cass finds for real that they're probably safe? Their location was certainly . . . large . . . and very, very soft, but . . . not terribly heavy? Science can't explain it, but Cass is probably in no real actual danger more than being under two traditional bedding sorts of pillows.
"B-b-but I. Um. W-w-will have to pass this time thank you I'm sure we've got this!"
Wolfbane wrote: Feb 09, 2023 5:50 am A Celebration

Ivarr nearly loses some of his hot coffee when Sally appears to potentially whisk Ber'ri away for a little. Looks like he was surprised! He coughs until he gets it under control and straightens himself out. "Well, if Ber'ri is helping, maybe a cappuccino? With an extra shot of espresso." He orders, pulling a small tab of gold from his pocket and offering it to Sally. "And I'll cover whatever Mina and Ber'ri are having too." The dwarf offers. "I know you offered, Mina, but I have a policy of not letting others pay around me."
A Celebration

"Hi! Oh I'm sorry are you okay?" Sally asks, her eyes widening in surprise, as she makes sure the coughing fit is really just a little surprise, and nothing more!
"Oh no no I couldn't! I appreciate the offer, but I'll just take it out of Ber'ri's paycheck~" Sally returns a little bit of a wink to the dwarf. Though Sally's a lot worse at hiding it. "I'll get her to make you all the drinks. C'mon Ber'ri. Chop chop." The jovial tone in her voice is very very clear, as the large dragoness starts to pad away.
"B-but-"
"No buts. Get over here. It's coming out of your paycheck. Employee discount but out of your check."
". . . . but drinks are free if you work here?"
Gosh Sally was just far enough away she must not have heard that one! Though the playful swish of her tail . . . nah. Definitely didn't hear that.
Keeper wrote: Feb 09, 2023 6:03 am A Celebration

Mina blinks at Sally’s words.
”I didn’t realize you worked here. Uh.”
It doesn’t actually change anything that Ber’ri works at the Garnet to be honest. Mina just didn’t figure that out.
”I’ve never actually had boba so just coffee is fine with me.”
It was always too expensive when she didn’t have money and she honestly forgot about it now that she does.
”I don’t want to bother you on your special day. And thanks, Ivarr.”
Frankly she’s a little disappointed. She did want to do something nice for Ber’ri. But there’s no sense getting into an argument about who pays. It sounds like the dwarf is well-off too so it doesn’t matter much. If they see each other again Mina will just have to invite her to her cool mansion. But that would be weird to do the first time you meet someone, right?
"Y-y-y-yeah sorry." Ber'ri says, as she stands to go follow Sally. "I- . . . just had today off." Her head is spinning; what's Sally thinking? Is she charging? Because she has the day off?! Did she make a social fox paw?! Did- did she say something!?
"A-and of course! A coffee it is." Ber'ri nods and smiles at Mina, before ducking off after Sally, half convinced she's done something wrong.

They'll be back next post~
Thursday Violist wrote: Feb 09, 2023 8:32 am The slimegirl is also happy that they managed to get it!

When offered a pen, she shakes her head - oh, wait, too late. There's already a pen there.

She figures the best way to show why she doesn't want a pen (the slimegirl doesn't want to be misunderstood: it's not because she's obstinate! It's not because she can't write! But it's because holding a pen is just so hard to do and paper is very absorbent!)

The first difficulty shows up pretty quickly. She can hardly get any pressure to push against the pad, so the pen ink is very very very light.
About five seconds later, though, the pen starts sinking into her hand, since applying any kind of pressure, especially continuous pressure, makes her slime act more like a liquid. Pretty soon, it's far enough in her hand that she can't write with it anymore and she instead uses her other hand to try to push it out of her hand.

It's pretty annoying, she thinks. But she didn't get to choose how her biology works, so she hopes she doesn't get blamed.
"Ooohhhhhh. You know. That- . . . that's absolutely fair. Welll. Ummmmm. Without having to play the 20 questions again, since it looks like you may wanna just relax and enjoy, can I get anything else for you? If not, I'll let'cha have some quiet and enjoy, and leave you with my- . . . Alva."
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

A small person with big presence wanders into the Garnet. It's Olvisin, MERC's most notorious gunslinger (or so she claims at any rate). Following her is likely Cassidy, her new friend-with-benefits.

"Well, here we are. Not your usual kind of haunt, I know. But I've heard a lot about it since it opened."
Ember
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Ember »

Olvisin is followed by a less small person, with an equally big presence. Cassidy without her guns is an odd sight to anyone familiar with her, but she doubted that would be an issue. She looks around, pursing her lips a little bit.

"No kidding," she says, "I don't see a cobweb or a crack anywhere on these walls. Probably didn't even have to bribe any health inspectors." Ritzy. "So what's this place about?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah, and I bet a fight would be really frowned upon here." Olvisin's ears flick with amusement. "It's a coffee shop. A fancy one. And new, I think. Or at least I heard about it only recently. But people talk it up. The proprietress is apparently this really huge dragon-lady."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Feb 17, 2023 10:12 pm A small person with big presence wanders into the Garnet. It's Olvisin, MERC's most notorious gunslinger (or so she claims at any rate). Following her is likely Cassidy, her new friend-with-benefits.

"Well, here we are. Not your usual kind of haunt, I know. But I've heard a lot about it since it opened."
Ember wrote: Feb 18, 2023 9:57 pm Olvisin is followed by a less small person, with an equally big presence. Cassidy without her guns is an odd sight to anyone familiar with her, but she doubted that would be an issue. She looks around, pursing her lips a little bit.

"No kidding," she says, "I don't see a cobweb or a crack anywhere on these walls. Probably didn't even have to bribe any health inspectors." Ritzy. "So what's this place about?"
"H-h--hhi, h-hi hello!" Ber'ri, the current waitress at the counter for the cafe, welcomes the two newcomers. She's significantly shorter than the other two working here, and less . . . prominently endowed. She's around 5' in height, with shoulder length, mint colored hair, darkening to a near pine green right at the tips. She has a pair of cute, slightly floppy ears, small little nub horns, and a tail behind her that swishes and shows her cowgirl -- and not the yee haw kind -- nature.
She's also apparently just *really* bad at words. She would normally be wearing an oversized hoodie that covers up to her fingertips, but she's at work so she can't and she doesn't feel comfortable without it and oh no anda aaaaaaa
"W-w-w-welcome can I. Um. G-get you two anything to drink? Or- or food started?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Behind the goblin and gunslinger, a woman who looks something like she just walked out of a black-and-white movie saunters up behind Olvisin. She's dressed in a horizontally-striped top and black overalls, her face covered in ivory makeup except for black highlights over her eyes and lips, a little black beret resting on the side of her head. She approaches Olvisin silently, giving her a little tap on her left shoulder before quickly stepping over to her right, leaning in such a way that she appears to be resting on an invisible wall when Olvisin finally sees her.

At which point she spreads her hands out and gives the goblin an enthusiastic wave, putting as much energy into the motion as she possibly can while still remaining silent. Clearly, she's very happy to see Olvisin, though she herself might not be entirely recognizable in her current getup.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Feb 21, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration!

Ivarr just smiles as Sally and Ber'ri whisk away and he lets out a chuckle as he shakes his head. "To be young and relatively carefree..." He says with an amused sigh while scooting over and patting a seat. "Take a load off, Mina. It seems the two of us have been outplayed by the pair. What brought you here today? Apart from the potential of coffee, that is." The dwarf will make sure that Ber'ri's seat will stay warm for her return, and takes a slow pull of his pipe, savoring it and letting himself relax as he waits. As he smokes, he'll run a keen eye over Mina to see what sort of life she may lead.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration!

Mina does her best to relax in her chair. At least there's chairs big enough for her here with the owners being of similar stature.
"I mean, nothing in particular. Wanted something hot. Meet people. That sort of thing."
Mina is very large and strong, but not scarred. She looks like she has trained for combat but not necessarily seen much of it. And her clothes are slightly expensive but not excessively so.

Every once and a while she does pull her jacket closed a bit, as if she's not entirely used to it.
Ember
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Ember »

Cassidy quirks an eyebrow. "What, like, real coffee? 'S pretty damned rare back home, pretty much everyone drinks soykaf in the Barrens." She's about to elaborate on what she might want when they get interrupted by... jeez, this lady was awkward.

Cassidy quickly waves a hand. "One word at a time, kid. Somewhere to be sit will work for now. Maybe whatever kind of kaf you have?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

Oh boy. It's not often Olvisin meets people who are barely taller than she is. But she also needs to say something before the poor lady short-circuits.

"Yeah, no rush. We'll just take a seat and take a look at your menu. My friend here isn't used to your kind of variety." After this hopefully reassuring opening, she turns around to see who poked her. Who is this... wait. "Rose? That you?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Feb 19, 2023 11:13 pm A Celebration!

Ivarr just smiles as Sally and Ber'ri whisk away and he lets out a chuckle as he shakes his head. "To be young and relatively carefree..." He says with an amused sigh while scooting over and patting a seat. "Take a load off, Mina. It seems the two of us have been outplayed by the pair. What brought you here today? Apart from the potential of coffee, that is." The dwarf will make sure that Ber'ri's seat will stay warm for her return, and takes a slow pull of his pipe, savoring it and letting himself relax as he waits. As he smokes, he'll run a keen eye over Mina to see what sort of life she may lead.
Keeper wrote: Feb 19, 2023 11:32 pm A Celebration!

Mina does her best to relax in her chair. At least there's chairs big enough for her here with the owners being of similar stature.
"I mean, nothing in particular. Wanted something hot. Meet people. That sort of thing."
Mina is very large and strong, but not scarred. She looks like she has trained for combat but not necessarily seen much of it. And her clothes are slightly expensive but not excessively so.

Every once and a while she does pull her jacket closed a bit, as if she's not entirely used to it.
A Celebration!

And just as promised, Ber'ri and Sally return in the very next post!
With multiple drinks! Poor Ber'ri is a bit busy stammering, so Sally handles the drink delivery while she sits back down.
"Rightio so we've got Ivarr's Double Shot Cappuccino," the mug make a little tink noise against its saucer as she places it on the table in front of Ivarr.
"We've got just a coffee for Mina, cream and sugar on the side to add if or as you want, and . . .
And . . .
Ber'ri what is this."

"mango galaxy galactic swirl with an extra scoop of boba half sugar and lychee jelly."

". . . what?"

"You'll understand when you're older." Ber'ri quips back, gaining at least a bit of self confidence back. Sally gives the table a wink . . . did . . . Was she pretending to not know, so that Ber'ri could talk a bit about a familiar subject in order to get her brain straightened back out?
Who could know.

"S-s-so anyways um." Well it seems to have worked. "Here's . . . to us?" She raises her very colorful drink a bit.
Ironsmith wrote: Feb 19, 2023 8:58 am Behind the goblin and gunslinger, a woman who looks something like she just walked out of a black-and-white movie saunters up behind Olvisin. She's dressed in a horizontally-striped top and black overalls, her face covered in ivory makeup except for black highlights over her eyes and lips, a little black beret resting on the side of her head. She approaches Olvisin silently, giving her a little tap on her left shoulder before quickly stepping over to her right, leaning in such a way that she appears to be resting on an invisible wall when Olvisin finally sees her.

At which point she spreads her hands out and gives the goblin an enthusiastic wave, putting as much energy into the motion as she possibly can while still remaining silent. Clearly, she's very happy to see Olvisin, though she herself might not be entirely recognizable in her current getup.
Ember wrote: Feb 21, 2023 10:43 pm Cassidy quirks an eyebrow. "What, like, real coffee? 'S pretty damned rare back home, pretty much everyone drinks soykaf in the Barrens." She's about to elaborate on what she might want when they get interrupted by... jeez, this lady was awkward.

Cassidy quickly waves a hand. "One word at a time, kid. Somewhere to be sit will work for now. Maybe whatever kind of kaf you have?"
A long inhale, then a slooooow exhale. One word at a time. She's got this.
"Feel free, certainly, take- um- w-wherever you'd like. I'll come by in a few minutes, or- just- um- r-raise your hand to get m-my attention. But I'll get you a- . . . c-coff? going?" She wasn't quite sure she had heard right, but she'll do her best!
Morty wrote: Feb 21, 2023 11:56 pm Oh boy. It's not often Olvisin meets people who are barely taller than she is. But she also needs to say something before the poor lady short-circuits.

"Yeah, no rush. We'll just take a seat and take a look at your menu. My friend here isn't used to your kind of variety." After this hopefully reassuring opening, she turns around to see who poked her. Who is this... wait. "Rose? That you?"
Ber'ri just nods a few more times.
Phew.
Saved by people being understanding. People are awesome. And of course the raise a hand and maybe ping on discord remains still true, even if aimed at another in the party!
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Rose beams and nods vigorously, just in time for a pink cloud to materialize around her with a poof! When the smoke dissipates, the costume and makeup are gone, replaced by Rose's street clothes.

"Hey, Olvisin!" She greets cheerily. "Nice to see you here! Bit surprising, though; I didn't think this was quite your cup of tea." She giggles and leans in, holding the back of her hand against her mouth as she gives the goblin a stage whisper. "If you get the chance, try the croissants. They're delicious."

She then stands back up straight and flashes Cassidy a friendly smile. "Oh, you brought a date! Hi! I don't think we've met. I'm Rose. Rose Verdoyant." She extends her hand to the gunslinger.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration

"To us!" Ivarr gives a broad smile as he accepts the drink and takes an appreciative sip. "Wonderful, thank you." He says, truly and honestly pleased. "Just the way I wanted it. I hope you enjoy your...whatever that is." He wasn't usually one to judge, but that swirly rainbow drink certainly made him raise an eyebrow. Do people really drink that sort of thing? "New jacket, or new body?" Ivarr asks, turning to Mina as he scooches over for Ber'ri to take a seat if she wishes her old seat back. "Or is it more the place that's uncomfortable?" He sounds more concerned than anything, hoping that nothing is actually all that wrong.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration

Mina does add a little of the cream and sugar, not really thinking to check. She's sure they wouldn't have given her- well.
She sips at the coffee, appreciating it.
"Well- none, really. I mean. I've looked like this for two years now and the jacket is a few months old. I'm just...not used to wearing it. A friend helped me come up with this outfit. She was encouraging me to show off a little bit. But I haven't worn it as much as I probably should."
It felt weird to wear it to her classes. But she's not really sure what someone her size would normally be wearing to archaeology classes.
AshenAmbrosia

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am "-her giant milkers?" Dena helpfully finishes as Wren had done such an amazing job setting that up.

Mee wrote: Feb 12, 2023 7:39 am Sally . . . actually does something slightly smart.
A little bit.
Kind of.
Sort of. A bit.
She holds mostly still.
Though she does so, with her back straight, and absolutely towering over the others, where there is absolutely no easy way to just . . . sneak that little mouse out.
"But-but-bu-b-ba-ssafsafs--asfasfd--" Oh no Sally it's okay it's okay just ignore the way Cass is wiggling and tickling and those whiskers are just-
Sally manages, somehow, beyond any belief, to remain mostly still. Though a small, slightly nervous little titter slips out of her as Cass manages to tickle her a little. "N-n-n-no it's- it's- um- it's . . . c-certainly unique! We can just- um- . . .
. . .
I- ehehee- um . . . I'm sure we can just. Um. G-get them out r-right?"

But then Dena's comments and Sally looks back up from her chest, to look at Dena and quickly and hastily assure her that "No no no no milk not since that time at Grace's-" Sally, bless her heart, has the presence of mind to cut herself off. The bright red blush that was bright enough to literally radiate heat definitely didn't tell any further info as to this story. "Um- I- . . . Noooooo. ?" Sally remembered something about snakes. Her daughter's girlfriend had explained it one time. Something about simply wanting to devour cute little mice.
Oh yeah that'd be pretty bad this is her new friend's friend! She can't let that happen! "I genuinely appreciate the offer," Sally takes a few steps back, and accidently runs into a table. Her knees bend slightly as the lip of the table catches her just on the back, and she sits down onto the table with a fairly heavy oomph, and Cass finds for real that they're probably safe? Their location was certainly . . . large . . . and very, very soft, but . . . not terribly heavy? Science can't explain it, but Cass is probably in no real actual danger more than being under two traditional bedding sorts of pillows.
"B-b-but I. Um. W-w-will have to pass this time thank you I'm sure we've got this!"
"...sorry, I'd rather make sure my sister stays out of your hair," says Wren blandly, glancing at Dena.

He rushes over towards Sally as she sit down, clambering up onto the table next to her.

"Again, I am so sorry about this. Hold on just a second, I'll just have to... uh..."

Steeling himself, Wren heroically averts his eyes and reaches deeply into Sally's cleavage.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Wren, what a hero. Sacrificing so much for his sister.

Dena can't help but to look on in sheer fascination despite that her offer of help had been rebuffed. "Oh yeah." She finds herself agreeing with the two, now also recalling something about rats and snakes as she watches Wren reach inside Sally's... place.

Of course, then her thoughts start to wander as she looks at this debacle. "Is this the first time you're doing this? She asks as Wren rummages around in there, though it isn't clear who she's asking. "Since it looks like you have some experience. I mean, the both of you. Not the first time something got stuck in there, huh?"
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

((So sorry I took so long on this.))
Thursday Violist wrote: Feb 09, 2023 8:32 am The slimegirl is also happy that they managed to get it!

Mee wrote: Feb 12, 2023 7:39 am "Ooohhhhhh. You know. That- . . . that's absolutely fair. Welll. Ummmmm. Without having to play the 20 questions again, since it looks like you may wanna just relax and enjoy, can I get anything else for you? If not, I'll let'cha have some quiet and enjoy, and leave you with my- . . . Alva."
Alva hummed to herself, watching this difficulty with the pen and paper. She tapped her lips in thought before... Ah, there was an idea! "Do you think.. Can you maybe just drag a finger on the paper and make shapes that way or does that feel funny or hurt or something?" she asked. Maybe just drawing on something and leaving a wet trail would be a bit like ink? That wasn't the only idea to try out but it seemed the simplest at least! "I suppose you could also maybe just.. Draw out the ink from the pen and kinda sketch with that? I know some people who are similar to you who could do something like that. Don't worry about making a mess, we're figuring things out today!"

As she waited for either a yes or a no or for the slime girl to try that out, she did lean her shoulder a little against Sally's with a 'foxy' grin: "Oh just 'your' Alva, is it?" she teased. "You mean exchanging vows in the rain even with the sun out only gets me that much? Even after I pestered you to go with silver over gold for our rings?" she asked, gently twisting a silver and opalescent banded ring on her finger and just grinning wide as she continued teasing. "Or has it just not sunk in yet, Sweet? I mean, you can still say it.. I'm.. your..." and she leaned in extra close to just whisper: "Wife. "
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

The doorbell, if the Garnet has one, rings, and a figure awkwardly pushes her way through the cafe's doors.

The new customer is a harpy, and incredibly short. At a glance, she was certainly at least a bit under 5 feet at the minimum. Her skin is grey, with her bird legs becoming a sorta peachy colour. A tired face peers out from a frazzled mess of near-black hair, eyes dark with a piercing purple rim. Feathers grow amidst her hair, shades of grey becoming muted greens further down. The feathers adorning her wings, however, are much brighter. Pretty leafy greens blend into sunshine yellow hues, with a few black or grey tips here and there. Some harpies have separate arms and wings, but this one seems to be not so lucky. All she has are wings, with a few awkward talons at the alula that if you squint, might just resemble a hand. Perhaps, with a bit of hair combing and a restful nights sleep, she could look quite pretty. She wasn't dressed much to help with that either though. She just had a tattered pair of denim shorts and a faded t-shirt that looked as if it probably once portrayed Mothman.

Roxanne has had a long day, and she needs a nap. But she can't have a nap. Faced with spending the afternoon in a near-death stupor, only one thing can save her now- coffee. And so she had found her way here. This place looked nice and inviting after all! Maybe it could help make her day a little bit better.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Feb 27, 2023 12:52 am A Celebration

"To us!" Ivarr gives a broad smile as he accepts the drink and takes an appreciative sip. "Wonderful, thank you." He says, truly and honestly pleased. "Just the way I wanted it. I hope you enjoy your...whatever that is." He wasn't usually one to judge, but that swirly rainbow drink certainly made him raise an eyebrow. Do people really drink that sort of thing? "New jacket, or new body?" Ivarr asks, turning to Mina as he scooches over for Ber'ri to take a seat if she wishes her old seat back. "Or is it more the place that's uncomfortable?" He sounds more concerned than anything, hoping that nothing is actually all that wrong.
"It's a mango galaxy galactic s- . . . it's very good." Ber'ri harumph's slightly, going so far as to blow some of her bangs out of her eyes. Hmph. "I keep offering to make you one." Ber'ri sippy sips some of her drink, before munching on a few of the boba pearls and "I will enjoy it. Thank you." She playfully sticks her tongue out at Ivarr, making a little nyeeeeh noise to go with it.
Keeper wrote: Feb 27, 2023 3:17 am A Celebration

Mina does add a little of the cream and sugar, not really thinking to check. She's sure they wouldn't have given her- well.
She sips at the coffee, appreciating it.
"Well- none, really. I mean. I've looked like this for two years now and the jacket is a few months old. I'm just...not used to wearing it. A friend helped me come up with this outfit. She was encouraging me to show off a little bit. But I haven't worn it as much as I probably should."
It felt weird to wear it to her classes. But she's not really sure what someone her size would normally be wearing to archaeology classes.
Ber'ri listens, and nods, and she doesn't want to interrupt the flow of their conversation, but wants to add that "Yeah, having some friends help come up with outfits is incredible, and absolutely delightful."
AshenAmbrosia wrote: Mar 07, 2023 4:12 am "...sorry, I'd rather make sure my sister stays out of your hair," says Wren blandly, glancing at Dena.

He rushes over towards Sally as she sit down, clambering up onto the table next to her.

"Again, I am so sorry about this. Hold on just a second, I'll just have to... uh..."

Steeling himself, Wren heroically averts his eyes and reaches deeply into Sally's cleavage.
Sally blinks. Several times. "Wait what do you mea- OH" Sally actually giggles. She covers her mouth with her hands a second after, cheeks blushing a nuclear red, as Wren's arm absolutely disappears into the vast expanse that is Sally's Chest. "S-s-s-s-sorry k-kind of- . . . t-ticklish." She admits in a quiet quiet little mortified tone, burying her face further into her hands as Wren has to dig around and search between her overfilled, divinely soft pillows, and oh no there was no way this could possibly get any worse, it's not like they had an-
Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 07, 2023 7:17 am Wren, what a hero. Sacrificing so much for his sister.

Dena can't help but to look on in sheer fascination despite that her offer of help had been rebuffed. "Oh yeah." She finds herself agreeing with the two, now also recalling something about rats and snakes as she watches Wren reach inside Sally's... place.

Of course, then her thoughts start to wander as she looks at this debacle. "Is this the first time you're doing this? She asks as Wren rummages around in there, though it isn't clear who she's asking. "Since it looks like you have some experience. I mean, the both of you. Not the first time something got stuck in there, huh?"
-oh right they do have an audience oh no this just got so much worse oh no.
"Nonono!" Sally stammers, as Dena voiced her question. "I've had guys between m- . . . wait." Wait that quiet little klaxon in Sally's head is yelling at her to not finish that sentence. "It- it's a good storage pocket! My phone is so small though it's definitely g-gotten- oh gosh that tickles, gotten lost before!" Much better. Good save.
Sally does her absolute best to hold as still as she possibly can, though it's definitely punctuated by a titter of giggling and maybe a light squirm as Wren has to continue digging.
Terumitsu wrote: Mar 20, 2023 3:47 am
Alva hummed to herself, watching this difficulty with the pen and paper. She tapped her lips in thought before... Ah, there was an idea! "Do you think.. Can you maybe just drag a finger on the paper and make shapes that way or does that feel funny or hurt or something?" she asked. Maybe just drawing on something and leaving a wet trail would be a bit like ink? That wasn't the only idea to try out but it seemed the simplest at least! "I suppose you could also maybe just.. Draw out the ink from the pen and kinda sketch with that? I know some people who are similar to you who could do something like that. Don't worry about making a mess, we're figuring things out today!"

As she waited for either a yes or a no or for the slime girl to try that out, she did lean her shoulder a little against Sally's with a 'foxy' grin: "Oh just 'your' Alva, is it?" she teased. "You mean exchanging vows in the rain even with the sun out only gets me that much? Even after I pestered you to go with silver over gold for our rings?" she asked, gently twisting a silver and opalescent banded ring on her finger and just grinning wide as she continued teasing. "Or has it just not sunk in yet, Sweet? I mean, you can still say it.. I'm.. your..." and she leaned in extra close to just whisper: "Wife. "
Oh no. Oh no Alva found Sally's button, and she pushed it.
Then she pushed it harder. Then she leaned all of her weight onto that button.
"ljksfdljksljdkjklg" comes the keysmash of a reply from Alva's blushing, draconic wife. When she recovers from just burying her face in her hands, she does manage a quiet little "W-w-we just hadn't talked about it and and and I didn't wanna assume an- safgdfg.
Yes Alva. M-my wife . . .""
Sally manages the word, a doofy grin on her face as she finally processed and said the words. It just hadn't all sunk in yet.
Meowmai wrote: Mar 26, 2023 10:34 am The doorbell, if the Garnet has one, rings, and a figure awkwardly pushes her way through the cafe's doors.

The new customer is a harpy, and incredibly short. At a glance, she was certainly at least a bit under 5 feet at the minimum. Her skin is grey, with her bird legs becoming a sorta peachy colour. A tired face peers out from a frazzled mess of near-black hair, eyes dark with a piercing purple rim. Feathers grow amidst her hair, shades of grey becoming muted greens further down. The feathers adorning her wings, however, are much brighter. Pretty leafy greens blend into sunshine yellow hues, with a few black or grey tips here and there. Some harpies have separate arms and wings, but this one seems to be not so lucky. All she has are wings, with a few awkward talons at the alula that if you squint, might just resemble a hand. Perhaps, with a bit of hair combing and a restful nights sleep, she could look quite pretty. She wasn't dressed much to help with that either though. She just had a tattered pair of denim shorts and a faded t-shirt that looked as if it probably once portrayed Mothman.

Roxanne has had a long day, and she needs a nap. But she can't have a nap. Faced with spending the afternoon in a near-death stupor, only one thing can save her now- coffee. And so she had found her way here. This place looked nice and inviting after all! Maybe it could help make her day a little bit better.
"Hi hello welcome!" Comes the enthusiastic words of the exuberant cafe owner, at Roxanne. Sally can tell that Roxanne looks . . . tired. So is ready to turn the excitement down just a bit if it's needed. "Welcome to the Garnet! What can I get started for you?" Sally that's not fair, bombarding someone new the moment they step in, without giving them time to look at the menu, or, "Or just . . . Something Strong? I can do that too if you just need something now and hot."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Roxanne, deep in thought as she was, is startled the moment Sally starts to speak so enthusiastically. She looks up to see who surprised her, and... wow. The harpy was tiny compared to this woman. "Oh! Um, yeah, uh, hi... uhh... can I get something... chocolatey? Like, a mocha, but more chocolate. And extra sugar?". There was a pause as she looked the owner up and down. She was certainly big, in two ways no less. Ahem. Wandering forwards to find a seat at the counter, she adds, "Do you do any food here too? Today's shift was just... way too long." She slowly folds herself forwards into a slump.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Feb 12, 2023 7:39 am "Ooohhhhhh. You know. That- . . . that's absolutely fair. Welll. Ummmmm. Without having to play the 20 questions again, since it looks like you may wanna just relax and enjoy, can I get anything else for you? If not, I'll let'cha have some quiet and enjoy, and leave you with my- . . . Alva."
Terumitsu wrote: Mar 20, 2023 3:47 am ((So sorry I took so long on this.))

((It's okay! I took just as long!))

> "can I get anything else for you?" <
The slimegirl shakes her head. Nope! Just the cinnamony drink. She smiles as a way to say 'thanks'. (The slimegirl would use the sign-language word for 'thanks' but that's, like, one of the five or so sign language signs she actually knows and she doesn't want to give the impression that they should go find a sign language interpreter, because that won't help.)

She then shakes her own hand and then holds it in place, waiting for the pen to slide out of her fingers. While waiting, she listens to Alva.

The slimegirl's eyes go wide. She had never considered or even tried those ideas! She nods rapidly. Definitely worth trying, she thinks.
She tries tracing out a letter on the paper with her finger-slime. It's pretty large, of course, but then she does another. And another, and then, she shivers and jiggles and pulls her hand away, looking like she's laughing. She can do it! But after the second letter, it got pretty ticklish.

And, honestly, on the paper the letters don't really last very long. The letters she made start conglomerating together into little tiny slime balls, and start inching their way towards Alva.
Well, it kind-of works, the slimegirl concludes! And the pen just fell down out of her hand, too, so she can try the other idea, too.
Ignoring the little slimes on the paper, she reaches for the tip of the pen. And. . .sure, some of the ink gets drawn from the pen into her. But, before she can try to do anything with it, it just diffuses inside her and then dissolves.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration

Ber'ri needs to be careful! Sticking a tongue out and teasing like that, it'd be a shame if something were to happen t- Ivarr purses his lips and narrows his eyes a little before reaching out to poke at that tongue.

Boop

She escalated it first!

His serious expression can't stay so for long once he pokes the tongue and he's back to smiling with a chuckle. "Having friends to help is indeed nice." Ivarr says, agreeing with Ber'ri with a sip of his drink. "Though take it from someone who has lived for a few centuries. Take it slow and at your own pace. Never feel obligated to wear or use something just because it was a gift."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration

"Oh, it's fine. Really. I'm just not used to wearing anything showy, that's all. But I dunno, I think her suggestion is fine. I have stuff to show. I think." her ears blush just a little. She's not used to just saying things like that either. This is so much easier when she's just talking to Sai who has to put up with her.
"Do you think it works?" she adds, perhaps a little hesitantly.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Meowmai wrote: Apr 10, 2023 1:11 am Roxanne, deep in thought as she was, is startled the moment Sally starts to speak so enthusiastically. She looks up to see who surprised her, and... wow. The harpy was tiny compared to this woman. "Oh! Um, yeah, uh, hi... uhh... can I get something... chocolatey? Like, a mocha, but more chocolate. And extra sugar?". There was a pause as she looked the owner up and down. She was certainly big, in two ways no less. Ahem. Wandering forwards to find a seat at the counter, she adds, "Do you do any food here too? Today's shift was just... way too long." She slowly folds herself forwards into a slump.
Sally nod nods a few more times. "Heck yeah! Go find a seat, get off your feetsies! Mocha but with more more more chocolate, and extra sugar. You bet. I'll bring it out in a sec. And yeah! Yeah we have food! I can offer some pastries, flatbread pizzas of a few sorts," Sally nods to direct to the example pizza styles. They seem pretty simple, all in all; bbq chimken, Margherita, just some light cheese, pepperoni, the 'Ber'ri Special' which is really just a flatbread coated in like 5 different types of cheeses and a sauce and nothing else, "I can get one of these going for you, or would you like just like, a croissant or three?"
Thursday Violist wrote: Apr 13, 2023 2:27 am ((It's okay! I took just as long!))

> "can I get anything else for you?" <
The slimegirl shakes her head. Nope! Just the cinnamony drink. She smiles as a way to say 'thanks'. (The slimegirl would use the sign-language word for 'thanks' but that's, like, one of the five or so sign language signs she actually knows and she doesn't want to give the impression that they should go find a sign language interpreter, because that won't help.)
Sally, before slipping away, and without any *actual* knowledge of sign language, makes a little heart-shape with her hands as if to say you're welcome~, before slipping free of her new friend and her wife.
Wolfbane wrote: Apr 13, 2023 1:00 pm A Celebration

Ber'ri needs to be careful! Sticking a tongue out and teasing like that, it'd be a shame if something were to happen t- Ivarr purses his lips and narrows his eyes a little before reaching out to poke at that tongue.

Boop

She escalated it first!

His serious expression can't stay so for long once he pokes the tongue and he's back to smiling with a chuckle. "Having friends to help is indeed nice." Ivarr says, agreeing with Ber'ri with a sip of his drink. "Though take it from someone who has lived for a few centuries. Take it slow and at your own pace. Never feel obligated to wear or use something just because it was a gift."
A Celebration

"ljkfdgsjlksdf" Comes the reply from the now-booped cowgirl. "That's not fairrrrrr." She clearly wants to stick her tongue out at the indignity of it all, but she *is* able to learn from past choices! So instead just pouts (absolutely adorably), and sips at her boba. Gromble gromble. >:T

"Mmmm, agreed though. It can be good to have a friend push you out of comfort zones, but also like . . . agreed. You're not obligated just because it *was* a gift."
Keeper wrote: Apr 13, 2023 1:45 pm A Celebration

"Oh, it's fine. Really. I'm just not used to wearing anything showy, that's all. But I dunno, I think her suggestion is fine. I have stuff to show. I think." her ears blush just a little. She's not used to just saying things like that either. This is so much easier when she's just talking to Sai who has to put up with her.
"Do you think it works?" she adds, perhaps a little hesitantly.
"Well *I* think it looks nice!"
AshenAmbrosia

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[Mousey Milkers]

Well, fortunately for all involved, it's not too long before Wren locates the rascally little rodent, snatching it up and withdrawing his hand with exceeding haste, trying not to think too much about what just happened, or any sensations he may or may not have experienced during... the event.

"I'm so, so sorry. So sorry," says Wren, who seems like he may be ready to about die from sheer embarrassment. Cass, for her part, looks similarly about as regretful as it's possible for a mouse to be, and lets out an apologetic squeak.