Vigil

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Vigil

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Apr 15, 2023 3:27 pm [In Search of Distraction]

Anastasia arrives a few minutes early for her lesson at the training grounds today - and it is readily apparent that something is wrong. There are two Anastasias for one, both with paler eyes and a single tail. The first one carries her usual gym bag, biting her lip as she looks around in swift and small little motions for her instructor. The second follows behind, one arm wrapped around the sheath of her sword... and the other wrapped around a taller boy with a shock of blonde hair.

Once she spots him, the two girls move to approach, one behind the other. "Um - Mr. Wenomir?" The first one greets uneasily, "We're, um - here for our lessons." The other one, meanwhile, swallows and studies him nervously. Now that she was here, she wasn't sure this was a good idea after all.
Morty wrote: Apr 15, 2023 8:34 pm [In Search of Distraction]

Wenomir is waiting for Anastasia in the usual spot before his house, wearing a thin polar shirt instead of a uniform, the Answer in a sheath and held in his hand and the usual set of training aids nearby. He's very surprised to see two Anas and a boy, but being Wenomir, it's expressed in a raised eyebrow and little else for now.

"I wasn't expecting a guest today. And I certainly didn't expect you to multiply. What happened?"
[In Search of Distraction]

Eliseo glances down at Stasia. Yeah this was kinda awkward. He expected it honestly, but yeah. "Uh, hey. I'm Eliseo. Just tagging along today. So don't mind me." He offers in explanation to his presence. The rest the Anas are going to have to explain.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

"I- I got, um- tricked by a fey last night," Stasia answers, moving out from Eliseo's shadow. She hesitates, and then adds; "I don't - I don't really wanna talk about it."

"We're alright now though." Ana states, and Stasia nods with more insistence than seems necessary. "Yeah, I can train - um, if it's not too much of a problem?" She gives her tutor a nervous, hopeful little look.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[Courtyard - Mages]

Soju cocktail in hand, Cass scans the party, quickly finding again the sight of Vigil's other commander, presently unaccompanied.

Well, a good time as any to make her courtesies. Taking a healthy gulp of her cocktail for fortitude, Cass cautiously approaches the other mage, bowing respectfully as she approaches.

"Commander," she says, somewhat stiffly. Cass had always felt somewhat awkward with Vigil's other co-commander, a feeling not at helped by the knowledge that Cessie also knew exactly who and what she was, and their past history together. Cass had understood Wenomir's reasoning for informing his co-commander about her situation, but that still left Cass in the sticky situation of being possessed with an uncomfortable familiarity with someone she would have preferred to be a stranger. Kr and Cessie had never really been friends - Kr had had vanishingly few of those - but they had been comrades, and it was the weight of those memories, and uncertainty of how to address them, that had caused Cass to mostly keep her distance from the other mage.

"Uh, nice night?" She continues, opting to break the ice in that most immortal of fashions - small talk about the (entirely artificial) weather.

[Courtyard - Tiefling]

Also present at the party, and now unfashionably late, is a certain red-headed tiefling, nursing a double pour of scotch (neat) with a surly expression on his face. It's a rather unusual mood for Kal, who is generally someone who can be counted on to be the life of any party he attends. Indeed, he's dressed to his usual high standards, with a well-tailored suit and tasteful accessories that would be sure to cut a debonair figure, if only the one so dressed weren't currently so dour.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Courtyard - Mages]

"Cassandra." Cessie remarks and Cass would be excused for thinking this was a question. Since the sorceress wasn't completely sure how to address them. The name KR came to mind but she couldn't really picture the person before them as having anything to do with the memories attached to that name. Not that she had actually done a lot of research into Cass, choosing to trust Wenomir on this and partly since the whole series of events sounded downright bizarre.

Like, Libra-level stuff which she wanted as little as possible to do with these days.

"Yes... it's still young but with a lot of potential." Cessie begins, sensing Cass's awkwardness. So she might as well strike up a proper conversation. "Reminds me that Cora insisted on coming here just to see Wenomir." She smiles, but then it occurs to her that Cassandra might not know she's talking about. "He's mentioned her, right? She's difficult not to talk about some days."
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok rolls his eye, before looking about for an open chair to point Jezebel towards. He'd be fine without one, honest, but it would be strange if Caelynn was the only one here sitting down, I suppose. For her sake, and definitely not because of a sore knee or bruised ankle, I guess we can sit down too.

"It wouldn't be that dangerous. I'd just need to find a way to ride in a dragon or robot dragon's mouth without getting swallowed whole or bitten in half, and then engineer some sort of magical or technological fire immunity and air supply, so I can survive being spat out with a gout of flame without burning to death in agony or asphyxiating from having all the oxygen in my lungs burned away," the cyborg explains, before pausing for just a moment to reflect on his own words and sigh in defeat. Okay fine, maybe stepping out of a jet of flame without so much as a mildly scalded finger or a singed robe isn't quite as plausible as he would've hoped for it to be.

"Blegh. Maybe I'll fake my death just before the next party, just so I can have some robots carry me along in a coffin instead," he muses. Then again, would anyone even comment on it or notice if a MagClone died? How would he stage a death in a public and drastic enough fashion for people to remember it long enough to be surprised by his return? Hrm...
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Courtyard]

Hoshiki has been hovering toward Magtok for a moment, but the cyborg's attention seems taken by two women and a dog, and their current discussion seems to be of far less serious matters than fate of Magtok Prime. Hoshiki doesn't have the heart to ruin the moment for them, so he waits on the background, before noticing Wenomir is alone for the moment.

So, he walks to the other swordsman, giving him a slight bow in greeting. "Hello. It's been a while", he says, "things seem to be going fine around here. So, who's your dame?" He gives a subtle nod towards Cass.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Courtyard]

"That is has." Hoshiki is definitely a step up from many people who might come talk to Wenomir tonight. Wenomir thus looks almost pleased as he nods back. "And that would be Cassandra. A skilled sorceress from MERC and my partner."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Courtyard - Dragons and Goblins]

"It's possible." Dipsnig's eyes narrow. "There aren't exactly many surviving records of that time. But I have seen claims that the Gentry created dragons out of wind and fire. They created many other fey. But fey have emerged on their own as well. They still do, even after their homeland has been separated. If they also created goblins and orcs, or Gol-kin as we'd have been called back then, it must have been different. Making us part mortal somehow."

"Ah, yes. Anastasia's boyfriend, I presume," Wenomir guesses, giving the boy a nod. "If you don't want to talk about it, I'll respect that. I'm hardly the right person to help with this, anyway. We can train, but we'll need a spare set of training gear... and some exercises for two."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[The Battered Shield]

Blanche freezes as the next ad finishes playing and the screen begins zooming in onto social media, her eyes glued to the screen. Oh gods, are these... viral? Her mouth goes a little dry. Please, don't be popular. The last thing she needed was for people to know her for that! With a brisk glance left and right, she moves to try and quietly leave - and then her phone rings.

The moment she sees the number, the sensation at her core just gets a little tighter. Was her dad calling her over this too? Picking up the pace, she slips through the door and answers the phone. "Yes?"

Stasia nods eagerly, a sense of relief in her expression - at least, until Wenomir mentions needing spare gear. There's a flicker of guilt there, and Ana notices and acts accordingly. "It's fine," she insists, pressing a hand on Stasia's back and pushing her forward. "You can just teach Stasia. It's easier that way." And there's no way she's letting the shyer half bow out. She needs it more than her, that's for sure.

"But- but I'm not dressed for this!" Stasia protests over her shoulder, suddenly eager to escape the pressure. Which is true - the skirt she's wearing is not very combat approved. Ana just smiles and slings the gym bag over her other shoulder. "That's what your gym clothes are for!"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Courtyard]

Hoshiki raises an eyebrow and nods approvingly. "I see." He figures this... partnership has been going on for a while. Sadly, it's not what he came here to talk about and has little else to speak on it. After a momentary pause, he coughs in his hand. "Apologies if this sours your mood, but... I didn't really come her for the festivities. I simply wanted to check if there's been any news on Magtok Prime. I can't rest easy before he's gone for good."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Lizard, Worm, Birdseye View
Kothar stares blankly at Khafir. She said a lot of words that he individually understands (and several he doesn't), but not in a way he can make sense of. "There... Two you? That is... Normal? Safe?" From what he knows, two minds in one body is a Bad Thing, or at least very strange.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 17, 2023 7:47 am [Courtyard - Mages]

"Cassandra." Cessie remarks and Cass would be excused for thinking this was a question. Since the sorceress wasn't completely sure how to address them. The name KR came to mind but she couldn't really picture the person before them as having anything to do with the memories attached to that name. Not that she had actually done a lot of research into Cass, choosing to trust Wenomir on this and partly since the whole series of events sounded downright bizarre.

Like, Libra-level stuff which she wanted as little as possible to do with these days.

"Yes... it's still young but with a lot of potential." Cessie begins, sensing Cass's awkwardness. So she might as well strike up a proper conversation. "Reminds me that Cora insisted on coming here just to see Wenomir." She smiles, but then it occurs to her that Cassandra might not know she's talking about. "He's mentioned her, right? She's difficult not to talk about some days."
[Courtyard - Mages]

Cass smiles fondly as Cora is mentioned. "He may have mentioned her once or twice," she says, with an air of deliberate understatement. "He certainly takes a lot of pride in his students. I never figured him for the mentor type, but he can be surprising like that."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Lizard, Worm, Birdseye View]

"That is correct." Khafir replies simply. "Two of us. And while I will not guarantee that it is safe and can verify that it is not normal, she does not appear to be any more dangerous than another human standing in this room would be." She continues signing with her hands, deciding to move on to some light probing that might satisfy her companion. "She came to me on a recent expedition. I was on a team that was exploring a rather peculiar structure; a black monolith, shaped like a pair of four-sided pyramids attached to each other's bases."

She could just say "Octahedron", but she suspects that word might be too elaborate for Kothar.

"Are you familiar with any such structure?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Battered Shield]

"Hi sweetie!" Rein's voice comes through, sounding generally upbeat. "You'll never guess what happened!"

She can probably guess what happened.

"So I was sitting here watching tv with Carlie- Who looks lovely this evening by the way" Rein says to someone else away from the phone, having clearly turned his head to momentarily address them. "And who should I see on tv, but you!! You're a star Blanche, wow! I didn't know you were doing commercials. You should have told me, I would have set the dvr to record them." There'll be opportunities yet. Maybe he can show them off at the Terenti first annual family reunion, whenever that happens.

"You looked really good on the screen! I'm so proud of you and excited for your new career. But... Blanche... are you sure you want to be supporting smart guns? Yeah, they may seem fancy and special and awesome, but the second a computer chip fritzes all of a sudden you've got a dead weight that won't do what you want. You really need the essentials first, the foundations. They don't make them like the Mauser '98s anymore and I get that and all, but you shouldn't do away with the basics of patience, bracing, and aiming! No amount of fancy tech can really compensate for good old fashioned practice."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

AshenAmbrosia wrote: Apr 18, 2023 4:02 am [Courtyard - Mages]

Cass smiles fondly as Cora is mentioned. "He may have mentioned her once or twice," she says, with an air of deliberate understatement. "He certainly takes a lot of pride in his students. I never figured him for the mentor type, but he can be surprising like that."
[Courtyard - Mages]

"Wenomir is a man of surprises." Cessie agrees and takes a glance at Wenomir as she spots him in the distance talking to Hoshiki. "There was a time when the people we fought underestimated him constantly but now I'm pretty sure he's about to get his own fanclub once Cora get a bit older." She gives Cass a knowing glance. "Since I don't think I need to tell you that she's hardly his only fan. Lucien has gotten pretty attached to him too, hasn't he?"

"I'm not sure the specifics of how they were created are relevant given to how little the fey themselves are understood. But it stands to reason that either they were created or they formed on their own, doesn't it? But dragons are often... more than the creatures around them. Suggesting a more intelligent design than nature itself." Ambrosia pauses for a moment and gestures to Dipsnig.

"But given that you know this, what are your feelings regarding the fact your people were created as, well, tools for some 'greater being'? Never intended to ever be more than just that."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Courtyard - Magtok and co.]

Jon, with his already limited attention divided, only turns his head towards Jezebel as she addresses him, not giving much in the way of an answer. Noticing Caelynn's own discomfort, he backs off and bows his head submissively.

For Jezebel, it seemed as if his wariness wore off, as he now had a relaxed posture as he faced her. The husky panted lightly in response to her greeting. Inbetween pants, he'd run in a small circle so as to avoid bumping into anyone by accident. This would continue for about 30 more seconds until it gradually grinded to a halt, his panting fading into quiet breathing.

In all the excitement, Jon nearly forgot his purpose for coming here. His objective was to seek out information on potential contacts, though this group seemed too loonie to be of much use to him, he reasoned. Thus, he would lay down on the floor and close his eyes slowly, looking absent-mindedly around the courtyard, his magic hand placing drink beside his head before dissipating into thin air. Of course, his hat would droop forward slightly, making him look a bit silly/ier.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Courtyard - Swordsmen]

Wenomir looks around. He remembers Hoshiki, so the question doesn't surprise him. However, he's not a Vigil member and this is a public setting. He has to be careful.

"He's made no moves that we know of. We've made our own plans to defeat him," he says quietly. "I shouldn't say more in a public setting."

That is something Dipsnig can answer more easily.

"To start with, I wouldn't call the King in Rags 'greater'. More powerful, yes. Greater in any other sense, no. If those legends contain a grain of truth, we made our own way and owe him nothing. He can seethe over our defying his plans, but I see him as no more than anyone else who ever looked at goblins and saw prey."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Zefir wrote: Apr 14, 2023 7:21 pm [Lab]

"No, but the chances are rather high." Mia says. "I doubt something that has been there befor would be strengthened that way. If so I can blame myself not to notice it. After all bevor we attached the arm I did a checkup for your health and there I should have seen in" (I am not sure if we did that IC, but I guess Mia at last did a check for her health. It's not normal to geth a mechanical arm attached to you.)

"Yes, that should do. I can strengthen the arm and make sure you will never loose control over it." She stops as her mind goes off and she stares into nothing. When she focus again she looks more seriouse. "Would you mind leaving the arm for a day? I have an idea which might help you stop yourself if it takes over."

[Lab]

Awen nods.
She supposes that makes sense.
"I guess you're probably right, then." Mia's probably right, she thinks. But, just in case, she does add, "To be honest, I'm not really sure where my magic comes from, but when I tried to stop that thing that was controlling the dragon, I did notice remarkable similarities between it and my magic. So that could explain the method this thing happened."

She nods again, and moves her focus from Mia's hands over to the mechanical arm. "Yeah, no problem. I'll come back tomorrow. Around this same time should be fine, yeah?" she asks.

The witch turns away and steps out the lab door. "Unless there's anything you need me to do first, I'll see you tomorrow."

[Courtyard]

The witch Awen, who's a combat member at Vigil and not a wealthy patron like the guests, has spent a lot of the night bringing in food and drinks. She would have continued doing it, too, except some of the other servers convinced her that since she actually came here dressed for the party she should actually be out and enjoy it instead of hiding as a server.

Sadly, she's not wearing a witch's hat. Instead, she's got a veil that at least obscures her eyes, and a little black dress that her fox convinced her to wear. (Said fox is, of course, rapidly running between her legs in a figure-8 shape.) Her outfit is completed by a necklace that has two dozen random aluminum and wooden holy symbols hanging off of it.

More notable than her clothes is her appearance: her right arm is mechanical. Her left hand's fingernails are quite sharp. Her general appearance is that she's delicate to the point of fragility, like someone who's spent half her life with a weak constitution. And, most notable is her hair. It's unruly, and not in the normal sense. Fitting of being medusa-like, her hair has several thin black snakes, which - fortunately - mostly just hang downwards and look and stick their tongues out at everything. But, in addition to that, she also has what could be argued to be 'normal' black hair pulled back into a ponytail. Except, the 'normal' hair slithers and moves even more than the actual snakes! The hair moves erratically, even threatening to pull out of the hair tie at all times.

Awen walks over to the musicians' stage to watch them and to build up courage. Going right up to someone she doesn't know and talking with them is hard! (Especially since she's pretty sure everyone here is either rich or famous and being surrounded by so many wealthy people severely triggers her lifetime of maid training to blend into the background.)
She places her hand over her chest to help herself control her breathing. In, out, in, out, all she has to do is walk up to someone and talk to them. That's it, in, out. It won't be rude, or anything...

...she just needs a little mental preparation first.
Last edited by Thursday Violist on Apr 19, 2023 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Morty wrote: Apr 17, 2023 8:26 pm [In Search of Distraction]

"Ah, yes. Anastasia's boyfriend, I presume," Wenomir guesses, giving the boy a nod. "If you don't want to talk about it, I'll respect that. I'm hardly the right person to help with this, anyway. We can train, but we'll need a spare set of training gear... and some exercises for two."
Arkhosia wrote: Apr 17, 2023 10:06 pm [In Search of Distraction]

Stasia nods eagerly, a sense of relief in her expression - at least, until Wenomir mentions needing spare gear. There's a flicker of guilt there, and Ana notices and acts accordingly. "It's fine," she insists, pressing a hand on Stasia's back and pushing her forward. "You can just teach Stasia. It's easier that way." And there's no way she's letting the shyer half bow out. She needs it more than her, that's for sure.

"But- but I'm not dressed for this!" Stasia protests over her shoulder, suddenly eager to escape the pressure. Which is true - the skirt she's wearing is not very combat approved. Ana just smiles and slings the gym bag over her other shoulder. "That's what your gym clothes are for!"

Eliseo gives his affirmation. Ana's mentioned him, huh? That makes him smile a little.

"Maybe you both should." Eliseo mentions. "What if one of you gets just the tiniest bit more muscle and then they can't stick you back together. You better stay balanced." Okay he has no clue if that makes any sense, but he says it with such confidence.
~Images by Soushiyo
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Lizard, Worm, Birdseye View]

"It isn't always black on the outside", the entity signs to Khafir. The entrance Khafir has seen was, due to being coated with obsidian by one Leah Juliet Vulpan. If there is an entrance to the Octahedron in Kothar's world, it might be visible in all its marble-and-gold glory.

---

[Courtyard]

Hoshiki nods. "I understand." He is a little disappointed by such an answer, but the crowd around is very eclectic, so it's reasonable to worry about sensitive information falling on the wrong ears. "I hope your plan works. If you need a pair of extra hands, you know where to find me."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Apr 18, 2023 4:33 pm [Courtyard - Dragons and Goblins]

That is something Dipsnig can answer more easily.

"To start with, I wouldn't call the King in Rags 'greater'. More powerful, yes. Greater in any other sense, no. If those legends contain a grain of truth, we made our own way and owe him nothing. He can seethe over our defying his plans, but I see him as no more than anyone else who ever looked at goblins and saw prey."

"I wouldn't call him 'greater' either. Simply what they consider themselves. But that does give me an idea of your perspective of things. But given that and the threat he could pose to your people, have you done anything to fight him? Since it sounds like you've done your research yet as far as I can tell its business as usual in MERC." Her eyebrows raise as if expecting protests from the goblin.

[D&D Courtyard Meeting]

"Well, hello there." A woman with a remarkable looking boa approaches Sekhmet and offers her hand. Notably, her gloves are armored in contrast to the rest of her clothes.
"Are you one of the patrons? I haven't seen you around before." She gives the demon queen a wide smile.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Courtyard: D&D
"Uh, hi? I'm Sekhmet," Sekhmet introduces herself. "A, uh, prospective patron." She smooths out her skirts and adjusts her circlet nervously. "And, uh, you are?" At least this horned lady wearing a storm cloud isn't quite as intimidating as the last person to talk to her at this party.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Courtyard - Swordsmen]

"We won't turn down help from someone who has already fought him." Wenomir nods. "If I remember right, you're a martial artist with a specialty in spirits?"

"I'm doing what I can," Dipsnig says tersely. He doesn't like what Ambrosia seems to be implying. "MERC is a business and I can't divert too many of its resources to fighting a personal threat."
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I agree, thought not for the same reason," Wenomir remarks when Eliseo gives his opinion. "Distressing as it might be, we can use this situation to practice coordinated fighting. I want both of you to use what I've taught you so far to try to hit me. Working together to outflank me."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Sekhmet talks to a lot of strange people.

Probably since she's such a strange person herself.

"Ambrosia Ithil, at your service." She replies with a little bow. "But prospective patron you say?" Ambrosia tilts her head, giving Sekhmet a curious look. "I suppose I could call myself that too so I guess we have something in common. So what makes a lady such as yourself wanting to support vigil's plight?"

"I would hardly call him a 'personal threat'. From what I've learned people have already died because of him. But if you really want to do what you can without diverting your funds to fight him, may I suggest visiting HALO at some point? Since they have actually taken up the fight against him for real and they could use as much support as possible. So you should come by and make a judgement yourself if its a worthy cause." The scholar argues.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER

Ana blinks and seems to think a moment while Stasia's eyes grow predictably a little wider at the thought, but Wenomir draws their attention back before they can mull that over further. Surprisingly, it's the shyer half who swallows and answers with a quick nod. "Okay, I'll - um, we'll get ready then." Fingers squeeze a little tighter around the sheath of her sword before Stasia hurries off to change into her gym clothes and training gear.

Ana moves to follow, but not before stretching up on her tip-toes to try and give Eliseo a quick kiss on the cheek - though he's gotten to a height by now that doing so requires him to lean down for it regardless of the height the action gives her. "Don't get too lonely on the sidelines without us," she requests, a playful twinkle in her eyes.

- - -

A few minutes and a brief search for some extra gear later, Ana and Stasia stand ready to begin, clad in padded jackets and thick gloves. Ana's chosen to make do with some borrowed gear and a spare one-handed training sword. It's noticeably shorter than the two-hander Stasia carries, the blade of which is still bound in its sheath for safety - and now that he gets a chance to look, Eliseo might notice the patches sewn into the fabric. One is a stylized depiction of Wenomir's face with his trademark tired expression, simple and ringed in a red border. The other is a bright and familiar flag, its bands of pink, white and blue worn proud upon her sleeve.

"I - I think we're ready," Stasia announces, searching her instructor for a sign to begin even as she drops her blade into lower stance that positions her blade for sweeping cuts. Her eyes shift to the glittering steel of Wenomir's weapon... and just for a moment, there's a flit of something jittery and rabbit-hearted before her and Ana move to advance.
~Welcome to Night Vale
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet does meet a lot of strange people, but she's used to it.
Speaking of which, that's the second person to refer to her as "a lady like yourself," which is a little weird.
"They, uh, helped me with a serious problem a few years ago," she explains. "You?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Eliseo finds a nice place to sit that's out of the way. Ana's mentioned her sword training, but he's excited to see it in person. He whistles and cheers when the two Anas appear, grinning from ear to ear. His eyes linger on that second patch Stasia's got for a minute. She's come a long way, hasn't she?

Oh, but no time for reminiscing, it's starting. "Come on, you two! You got this!" He cheers. Hopefully he's not too distracting.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

bc56 wrote: Apr 20, 2023 12:17 am Courtyard: D&D
Sekhmet does meet a lot of strange people, but she's used to it.
Speaking of which, that's the second person to refer to her as "a lady like yourself," which is a little weird.
"They, uh, helped me with a serious problem a few years ago," she explains. "You?"

"Oh, I've helped them out for..." Ambrosia taps her chin. "Well, a few years now actually. I'm in sort of an advisory position without any official affiliation with the organization. But considering their unfortunate necessity I'm now considering contributing a bit more."

She waves her hand. "But this makes me all the more surprised that I haven't seen you before, lady Sekhmet. Since I consider myself something of a friend to both commanders I have probably heard about this serious problem of yours. Not that I want to pry. Sounds like it was something major though."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Apr 19, 2023 2:47 am [Courtyard]

The witch Awen, who's a combat member at Vigil and not a wealthy patron like the guests, has spent a lot of the night bringing in food and drinks. She would have continued doing it, too, except some of the other servers convinced her that since she actually came here dressed for the party she should actually be out and enjoy it instead of hiding as a server.

Sadly, she's not wearing a witch's hat. Instead, she's got a veil that at least obscures her eyes, and a little black dress that her fox convinced her to wear. (Said fox is, of course, rapidly running between her legs in a figure-8 shape.) Her outfit is completed by a necklace that has two dozen random aluminum and wooden holy symbols hanging off of it.

More notable than her clothes is her appearance: her right arm is mechanical. Her left hand's fingernails are quite sharp. Her general appearance is that she's delicate to the point of fragility, like someone who's spent half her life with a weak constitution. And, most notable is her hair. It's unruly, and not in the normal sense. Fitting of being medusa-like, her hair has several thin black snakes, which - fortunately - mostly just hang downwards and look and stick their tongues out at everything. But, in addition to that, she also has what could be argued to be 'normal' black hair pulled back into a ponytail. Except, the 'normal' hair slithers and moves even more than the actual snakes! The hair moves erratically, even threatening to pull out of the hair tie at all times.

Awen walks over to the musicians' stage to watch them and to build up courage. Going right up to someone she doesn't know and talking with them is hard! (Especially since she's pretty sure everyone here is either rich or famous and being surrounded by so many wealthy people severely triggers her lifetime of maid training to blend into the background.)
She places her hand over her chest to help herself control her breathing. In, out, in, out, all she has to do is walk up to someone and talk to them. That's it, in, out. It won't be rude, or anything...

...she just needs a little mental preparation first.
[Courtyard]

As Awen takes her breaths to concentrate someone from the side touches her shoulder. It's a beautiful woman in a black dress. It might take Awen a little to notice the obviouse hints that this woman is no human, The backwards curled horns, Scales, the unatural beauty and the comparatively large iris with a vertical pupil.

"Are you alright? Should we call a doctor?"