Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

Post by Earl of Purple »

Fetchquest
Vanity

"That's easy. I got this. Tahara didn't want me to use it, but... She doesn't know what it does." Mat pulls out the catapult and the acorn she wanted to use on the door-goblin before the others faked their way in with identity cards of varying validity. She pops the acorn into the catapult and prepares to launch it at the doppelgangers, who have their backs turned to the wardrobe where Mary and Mat are standing.

Greed/Wrath

Boorab grunts in response to Tahara's idea.

The twi'lek smiles thinly and presses a button under the counter as the trash witch heads off to the gambling den. When she gets there, she'll find the goblin heading over to her. "Hey there, miss. You look like someone who enjoys a good game of roulette. How about you come over here and join me for a bit, hmm?" The goblin's going to try leading Tahara away from the screens... which are showing a fight slightly more delayed than the journey Tahara just made, so she does in fact know what will happen shortly.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Fetchquest
Vanity

Mary nods. Mat should take the shot.
She guesses this is going to explode somehow, so she covers her ears and waits.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

It's also worth noting that Khannie is wearing a pair of goggles around her neck. Due to being a DIGIMON PROTAGONIST having goggles is absolutely required. How else would you protect your eyes from the dangers of the digital world?

Then!

Off they go!

The entrance to the cave, as mentioned, isn't very impressive. It'll require crawling to get through. Khannie gets down on her knees and scrunches through it, getting her pants dirty in the process. But hey! Getting grubby is an important part of adventuring, right? The limestone cave widens out beyond the entrance, now illuminated by Khannie's glowing lantern. It's dry in here, too. Surprising for a cave. Normally limestone caves are busy dripping everywhere, but this one is as desiccated as a tomb. There are a few cave growths, but their surfaces are dull and parched.

And near the back?

Pale sandstone blocks tinged rusty red. Huge stones, irregular in size but fitting together so tight a playing card couldn't be slipped between them. Set into the stone is lapis and gold and carnelian, the bits of precious metal and gem forming spreading wing motifs with a distinctly Egyptian flavor. The tricky part, though, is the fact that there's a HUGE set of double doors in the way! Massive slabs of white marble. To one side four rectangular slots exactly the size of the tiles the ghost dropped last night are caved into the wall.

Two of those slots are filled, forming the top and the bottom of a square surrounding a glowing blue gem in the center. The top tile bears the image of a falcon and a sun disc. The bottom bears the image of an ibis and a reed.

Khannie holds her lantern aloft, illuminating the scene before them.

"This is totally a puzzle."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

Luckily Jace's cloaks are dirt-resistant. So they won't get their fabulous accessories stained in mud.
"Well, if nothing else the place is a wealth by its very making. I wouldn't advise chiseling the gold off, though. Great way to get cursed." Jace observes.
"Okay. So first test, are we supposed to add, or rearrange?" Zebes goes over to see if the tiles already in place can be removed.

"Those definitely seem like the size of the things from last night." Sirius suggests. "have they got anything similar on them?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"I wasn't planning on defacing anything this stuff is pretty," Khannie says, pulling out her phone to take a few pictures of the doors and the puzzle. If she's doing ACTION ARCHEOLOGY then she needs to properly document the stuff she's finding.

All very important!

Zebes tries fiddling with the tiles already in place and finds that they're firmly adhered. Clearly new bits need to be added.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too," Khannie says as she pulls out the little painted box and begins digging through it. "That ghost said something about the end being the beginning. Maybe that's like... the end and the beginning of the domino things?"

After searching a bit she comes up with a falcon/ibis tile and a sun/reed tile. She inserts them into the open slots, matching symbol to the symbol. There comes a soft musical tone as the as the fist sized octohedron glows and rises slightly out of its mounting. Nearby, a similar mounting across from the door pops open, a crystal cable of sorts leading from it to the door itself.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

Jace steps forward and pushes on the door to see if the magic/magitek lock has fully disengaged or there's still another step involved.
"Simple enough. So far." Zebes muses.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

Simple enough, right?

Jace pushes on the door and it continues to be a monstrously large and heavy slab of marble. It doesn't appear to have any hinges so it might not even be the sort of door that turns. Maybe it slides down into the ground or something?

"There's still this shiny thing?" Khannie comments as she pulls the glowing octahedron out of its mounting. She tries to remove the tiles she had placed, too, but they appear to be just as stuck as the other ones. Hmm. Guess she isn't getting those back?

The stone Khannie's holding glows with a soft blue light, quite similar to the light coming from the empty mounting on the floor nearby with the crystal conduit leading to the door.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Oh it just comes out." Zebes remarks. He didn't think that was going to just pop out like that when Khannie pulled.
"Stick it in the hole, Khannie." Zebes suggests, pointing her towards the mounting.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Apr 28, 2023 4:06 am [Hot Spring Aftermath]

"Um, I don't know." Sakura gives Adir something of a searching look. "I mean, I'm not freaked out if you're not. I was worried that I should've been, uh, a voice of reason last night." She rubs the back of her neck. "I guess it's kind of a relief in some ways." He face burns saying that.
[Hot Spring Aftermath]

Adir thinks for a minute, and he smiles slow. He puts an arm around Sakura, hand on her belly, and leans his head into the side of hers. "Listen. I wasn't so drunk that I couldn't think for myself. And it wasn't your responsibility to reason us out of anything. Anything I did last night... I did because I wanted to. Not because of booze." Adir glances down at Calanthe. Then at Sakura again, peering into her eyes. He whispers, "I'm sure Calanthe feels the same."

He thinks a little more on that last that Sakura says, and then adds, "Is this... I mean... Is this what you wanted?" He swallows. "What you want?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"These are dumb adventure puzzles,"
Khannie observes as she approaches the hole with the gen in hand. "Like the ones at the neon bunkers at the rest stop."

Which she has definitely told her family about. Especially since that weird Pointy Dog keeps showing up there.

"Why not just use regular locks? Unless the point is being like one of those escape room things," Khannie muses.

Which is exactly the point, isn't it? Puzzles are there because it's a game. But who are the players? And what is the prize?

Khannie places the gem into its fitting, which causes the conduit to illuminate with an azure glow that flows through it light water. Upon reaching the door the golden veins in its surface blaze to life with brilliant sky blue light shortly before the whole thing slides open soundlessly. A rush of fresh air meets our heroes. Not the stale, dry scent of a tomb. Oh no. It's the scent of spring after an evening rain. The smell of twilight and newly opened flowers. The sensation of scarcely restrained excitement and adventure.

Not a foreboding place. Not a moldering sepulcher of death.

But a place of boundless life and beauty and creation.

There's a visible haze at the threshold of the door. Like a veil of mist hanging between our heroes and what lies beyond, leaving the sights obscured. It definitely LOOKS like it's probably more pyramid. And more puzzles. If Jace had even ventured into any of the Outer Planes back in his adventuring days this definitely appears to be a natural portal.

Khannie wrinkles her nose at it. "It smells kinda like Civvy's realm. But that mist reminds me of digital fog."

Just in case?

She puts her goggles on.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Honestly half of the time you can pop open a padlock in three seconds with one of those little rakes. A simple puzzle wastes the time of anyone trying to get in more."
Zebes secures himself to Jace's shoulder. Jace holds out a hand to his daughter.
"Well, we don't have to go in. But if you do we should hold hands to make sure we don't get separated."
But of course, Khannie will not refuse. She has dived headfirst into places far more threatening. Within ten seconds the group will certainly be sauntering through that portal.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"You wouldn't know anything about picking locks, would you Zebes?" Khannie asks the pocket dragon, a mischievous look on her face. She hooks her lantern on the end of her staff, takes her father's hand, and, "Yeah, let's go!"

Our heroes step through the portal and find quite the sight on the other side.

When you think of pyramids, what do you normally think of?

Ancient monuments of bleached stone with lonely, level sands all around?

That isn't what's found on the other side of the portal.

An endless night sky stretches above our heroes, full of twinkling stars and the soft glow of the moon. A warm evening breeze heavy with the scent of fresh running water and heady blossoms sweeps across the pleasantly hot sand under feet of the travelers. Pools of water abound surrounded by lush vegetation adorned with succulent fruit; a world of oasis. Some of the mirrored lakes dot the valleys between the dunes while others hang upon nothing, curtains of golden sand and crystal clear water flowing from their edges.

And in the distance stands the pyramid itself. The building is clad in lapis and gold and carnelian, a shaft of pearlecent light shining into the sky from its zenith. Here and there the surroundings are dotted with obelisks and sphinx statues, all painted and set with precious stones. The statues are interesting, to be sure. With SIX legs and great multi-colored feathered wings.

"Oooh!" coos Maridia as she helpfully lands on top of Khannie's head, shoving the brim over the teen's eyes. "I like it here it smells nice!"

It looks like one of the monuments nearby has legible writing on it. That might yield some useful information?
There's also what could only be described as a lioness centaur splashing around in one of the pools along with a man in a white toga and hair the color of autumn leaves. They're both laughing and singing and flapping water at each other.
There's a large winged snake with rainbow feathered wings hanging out in one of the nearby fruit trees. He couldn't possibly be nefarious.

And, of course, there's the pyramid itself in the distance.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Well, this is awfully nice. Of course, there seems to be quite a few people here. If their pyramid is you know, occupied then we'll just see the sights and leave. You can't go exploring people's homes and sacred sights without their permission."

Jace goes up to the monument to check out the inscription, though he can't guarantee he'll know the language.
"Oh, a couatl!" Zebes pipes, fluttering over to the winged snake.
"Hiya cousin. Can you tell us where we are?" he asks of the serpent. Everyone knows feathered serpents are good people. Well usually. If they're not good people they're generally still people.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: May 01, 2023 4:12 pm Fetchquest
Greed/Wrath

Boorab grunts in response to Tahara's idea.

The twi'lek smiles thinly and presses a button under the counter as the trash witch heads off to the gambling den. When she gets there, she'll find the goblin heading over to her. "Hey there, miss. You look like someone who enjoys a good game of roulette. How about you come over here and join me for a bit, hmm?" The goblin's going to try leading Tahara away from the screens... which are showing a fight slightly more delayed than the journey Tahara just made, so she does in fact know what will happen shortly.
[Fetchquest]

"More of a Go Fish gal, sorry." Tahara declines. "And I'm not talking figuratively. Back in Long Falls- have you ever been to Long Falls? It's a great little town, right smack in the middle of Kansas, my sister and I grew up there together. Anyway, back in Long Falls..."

Tahara's going to keep that up for as long as she can, maintaining her story with a sort of breathless enthusiasm that leaves very little time for an interruption. One might get the impression that her mind wanders like this all the time, and that getting wrapped up in it was an easy and not entirely pleasant way to kill a few hours.

"...was this big, no joke, and had a temper worse than a hornet in a pepper farm-"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

Jace will find that the writing on the pillar is quite comprehensible in spite of being some random dialect of celestial. The inscription reads as follows:

The answer to the riddle of Eudaemonia is this: Even should the Heavens fall, do justly.

Should Jace check a few more he'll find more inscriptions purporting to be the answer to the riddle, each providing a different take on what a good life truly is.

Khannie wrinkles her nose at them. "What the heck is eudaemonia? Is that a thing or a person or...?"

"Yes!" shouts an absurdly colorful tiny crow person who just landed on top one of the obelisks. "What is eudaemonia? That's the riddle! But I suspect heck has little to do with it! The devils rather famously dislike the patron of this place."

Zebes gets a pretty straightforward reply from the winged serpent. "This is Elysium, the realms of liberty tempered with kindness, of selfless mercy, and beautiful whimsy. Or perhaps you mean specifically? This is Enigma, once the domain of the faceless sphinx and her nihilistic riddle of nothing. But she was destroyed and her domain taken captive by its new mistress for the contemplation of a new riddle."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"We are visitors to this place. Would we be welcome to visit the pyramid? It looks very nice." Jace asks the crow rather directly. "Who's this place's patron?"
Jace asks this question at nearly the exact same time Zebes is saying,
"Oh, so you're Azatas? That's neat. Who's the mistress of the place now? Is she the lady on all the statues? We were going to visit the fancy pyramid. It looks very nice."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"I gathered! I think you would probably belong in my neck of the woods if you weren't mortal," caws the crow person to Jace. "But I'm a visitor here, too. Contemplating the Riddle of Eudaemonia is a pastime many of the upper planes enjoy. It really gets to the heart and soul of goodness! And the pyramid? Well, did you get invited?"

Then he snaps his beak shut and peers at out heroes in a very birdlike way.

"Uh... I got this box of weird dominoes?" Khannie offers.

"Oooh you DID get an invitation then! Those are for accessing the pyramid puzzles," the bird informs them.

Meanwhile!

"No, I am a traveler here from Heaven," the snake hisses. "But in spite of the chaos of this place I find that the Riddle is morally and intellectually stimulating."

A smart snek.

"The mistress is, of course, Eudaemonia. It is her riddle after all. A goddess of riddles and doors. The statues are in her likeness. I understand that she finds them humorous for some nonsensical reason. The whimsy of the yazatas on display."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Well, thank you for the wisdom, cousin. Enjoy your pondering."
Zebes salutes the angel(?) and flaps back to Jace's shoulder.
"Oh, you've got an invitation from an Azata Lady, Khannie. You're moving up in the world already."
At that point you're basically a god. Which Zebes confirms mentally.
"We should be on our way, then. Leaving a goddess waiting doesn't sound like a great idea." Jace is sounding oddly excited as he puts a hand on Khannie's shoulder and gives a thankful nod to the agathion(?).

It's probably because despite Khannie talking to gods and goddesses every other Tuesday, Jace mostly has to deal with at most Libra. Who might be on par with a deity but is much less....divine seeming. And this one is from his home set of planes!

Kinda? He's certainly never heard of her. But he knows azatas and agathions. So he's perhaps a little more honored by the attention than finding out Khannie met another psychopomp somehow.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

Do couatls count as a type of angel? Well, they're a celestial and they're lawful good. That must make them angels, right?

Maybe?

There are probably rules for this but they likely aren't terribly relevant at the moment. The yazata splashing around nearby haven't quite noticed our heroes yet. They're really going at it! Which is a pretty solid reason not to notice a gaggle of planar travelers traipsing around. Sure our heores haven't talked to any yazata yet but they're probably going to have all sorts of opportunity to do so as the adventure continues.

"Enjoy the puzzles!" the definitely agathion caws after them.

"A goddess?" Khannie replies, looking a little uncertain here as they begin trekking through the warm, golden sands toward the jeweled pyramid in the distance. "She isn't going to be...like... Fortuna or something, right?"

Khannie is REALLY hoping that whoever it is isn't like Fortuna.

At all.

She's met a few divinities, sure, but something about this seems a little different. Like, Civvy's realm was REALLY pretty. But it was just, like, a snowy mountain forest sorta place. It didn't feel nearly so... dreamlike? As whatever this place is. Elysium, apparently.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Well, the Azata are a people of justice tempered with whimsy." Jace says, borrowing the couatl's phrasing.
"So I imagine a little like Fortuna, in the sense of liking fun and lots of color and having paws, if the statues are anything to go by. But the azatas are good people. They wouldn't take advantage of people for their own fun like Fortuna would.

Fortuna would assemble a whole building of puzzles and then put whatever she thinks would be a funny surprise at the end. I think it's a safer bet that a trial from an Azata doesn't have any risk of being turned into chickens or some such."

"Plus, she has impeccable aesthetics. When you commit fully to the Osirian look you can sidestep any accusations of being gaudy. Mm. She even got the sand at just the right temperature. You don't even need shoes, Jace. Though you might later." Zebes comments as he walks alongside them.
Honestly given everyone else they've seen and the statues, shoes might be a rarity here.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

Khannie seems to consider that. Good people. In some fundamental sense. That's the problem with Fortuna, isn't it? Her whimsy is all about how she can amuse herself. She doesn't... hurt people. Not usually. At least not intentionally. But the jokes are definitely at the expense of other people. And that isn't very nice. The people here, though, they like fun and colors and whatever. But they like having fun WITH people rather than AT people.

Or at least that's the impression she's getting from her dad.

"Well that's good I don't wanna be a chicken," Khannie concludes.

And!

The toga-wearing guy over there is probably wearing shoes! Or at least sandals. But he's stomping around in the pool with that lioness-taur or whatever the heck she's called? Of course our heroes might never learn the names of these strange beings it might be a mystery forever and-

"Hey you guys aren't a buncha weirdos, are you? You're all nice?" Khannie calls out to them.

That gets the splashing and wrestling to stop and both to turn their attention to Khannie and those accompanying her.

"Weirdos? Why, I am one of the greatest wrestlers, drinkers, and unfasteners of knots the planes have ever seen!" the man replies, throwing out his chest and putting his hands on his hips! "The only thing that matches my great might is my great mirth!"

And then the lion-lady grabs him by the legs while he's distracted and upends him face-first into the pool. "And now your head is all wet. Welcome to Enigma, mortal friends! I am Rumble of a Midsummer's Storm, a ugallu yazata. And this braggart thrashing his arms about is Milon of Croton, a bralani who should not have allowed himself to become distracted."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

”Khannie, it isn’t nice to accuse people of being weirdos.” Jace chides.
Especially since anyone from this family saying it is pretty hypocritical.
”My daughter has an invitation to see the pyramid. Is there anything we have to do besides walking there?” he asks of the locals.
[Everyone here is a celestial being from some kind of afterlife. The local Azatas like these are born from souls of people who value freedom and goodness. The snake was from where angels come from. The crow was an agathion I think. The kind your dad mentioned he’d be bound for. I think he’d be a little more of an impressive one though.] Zebes quietly exposits to Khannie so she knows what they’re dealing with.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"I wasn't accusing them!"
Khannie objects. "I was just asking!"

"The child speaks true, she WAS just asking. And Enigma is a place for finding questions and answers alike," Rumble replies before draping the back of her hand dramatically across her forehead. "And I dread to say that I may be, in fact, a little bit of a weirdo."

A weirdo who is only holding onto Milon with ONE hand, giving the man ample leverage to tackle her over backwards and into the pool. They both go down in a flurry of limbs, their laughter like the roll of crashing thunder.

Khannie giggles at the display, as is only right and good. They didn't answer Jace's question, though. But sometimes the lack of an answer is the answer. Which just means it's time to keep going! Khannie decides to kick her shoes off and enjoy the sand since it IS a bit of a walk to the pyramid so she may as well, right? Getting the warm sand between one's toes definitely seems like it's in the spirit of this domain.

"I guess getting turned into a winged snake or a crow guy or a wrestler or a lion-whatever is still better than turning into a ghost when you die. Or a Witch," Khannie muses. "Do you think they remember the time they were mortal people? Rumble of a Midsummer's Storm doesn't sound like any sorta normal-person name. If I were still me I would probably still call myself Khannie."

She really likes that name. Her uncle gave it to her, after all.

As our heroes continue on toward the pyramid they'll pass a rather interesting sight, one that causes Maridia to perk up.

"Oooh! That smell!"

She launches herself off her Khannie-perch and head straight toward a rather oddly colored and textured oasis pool. Like most of the pulls it has little fountains of water playfully burbling out of it. But judging from the smell this one isn't full of water. It's full of-

"JAM!" Maridia delightfully observes before shoving her whole head in the jam fountain.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

"Who knows? It's probable that souls take a while to get reborn anyway. Probably best to wait a few decades to make sure no one tries to Raise them anyway."

And then Maridia takes off! Jace sighs and goes after her. Though for her benefit he walks after her and even waits a few seconds before attempting to extricate her from the fountain.
"Go easy, Maridia." He's really not one to berate someone for gaining weight so he doesn't say that part out loud. But she needs to eventually develop some self control or Khannie won't be available as a perch!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Fetchquest
Vanity

The acorn doesn't explode. Instead it pulses, a brief wave of magical pressure and light that puts the doppelgangers to sleep and disturbs the drapes slightly. Mat smiles. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Ooh, nice hat." The squirrel's spotted a tricorn on one of the shelves in the wardrobe and sweeps it up and onto her head. "Right, where's Tara? I don't know my way around in here, y'know."

The doppelgangers, now they're asleep, have returned to their original forms, which are far less pleasant to look at. They're humanoid, but not very human. Their bodies are lumpy and their heads are misshapen blobs of flesh with two eyes, two nostrils, and a mouth, but they aren't symmetrical. Likewise, their hands and feet don't have the same number or fingers, toes or thumbs on as one might expect. The one wearing the swimsuit is snoring slightly.

Greed

Fortunately, the goblin was sent to distract Tahara long enough for the fights to progress further than she witnessed in Wrath, so the lack of card games and instead the endless chatter works well enough for his aims. The goblin has not been to Long Falls, and seems very interested in finding out more about the town, even as his eyes glaze over slightly. He'll not interrupt at all, but after for ten minutes or so, when the bosses notice he's not doing anything to make money and Tahara's opportunity to disrupt their efforts has passed, he'll rather rudely just turn and walk away, giving Tahara a moment to look at the sword slung over the back and perhaps notice the stylised M embossed in its scabbard.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

"I guess it's nice that they're having a fun time?" Khannie comments, glancing back at the wrestlers behind them.

And then Maridia is retrieved from the jam fountain! She makes plaintive noises but it's probably for the best.

Our heroes then have a nice trek to the pyramid! Usually walking through sand is a bit taxing since it shifts under foot and you can't quite push off it the way you would with solid ground. Instead, however, our heroes will feel refreshed after their stroll. Which is, honestly, probably not all that surprising. The vitality of spring seems to permeate every inch of this place in a completely wholesome sort of way.

Soon the pyramid looms before them!

Sitting on little raised stone platforms on either side of the door are a pair of HUGE purple dragons with glittering gossamer wings and eyes that glitter with mischievous intent. Both are wearing fancy head-dresses sized for them. And both are sitting there very VERY still and very very solemnly. Considering how their sides heave a little bit every now and again along with strangled laughter escaping from between clenched teeth they're trying VERY hard to keep up the act and mostly succeeding.

So.

What do Jace and Zebes know about havoc dragons?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

[Oh, let me handle this one, folks.] Zebes insists as he takes the lead. The pocket dragon walks RIGHT up to the guards which are about a hundred times his size minimum.

"Hello, cousins!" he declares in his tiny voice. He's had a lot of experience in learning to make it project to taller people.
"My niece has an invitation to see the fancy pyramid.
And I must say, I really like your fancy duds. Hats off to your...milliner."
The pause wasn't dramatic Zebes had to stop to remember the word for someone who makes hats. "They really scream 'not your guardin' variety of dragon. Definitely not the type to go dragon their feet in the face of trouble." Oh no he's using puns on them that isn't playing fair at all.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

Zebes steps up!

As he approaches the pair of havoc dragons they don't even glance down at him, looking forward in stony and occasionally snickering mostly silence.

He greets them!

They say nothing.

He mentions Khannie being invited!

They say nothing, though a spasm of suppressed laughter ripples through the one on the right.

Then he says a pun.

A moment passes.

Then two.

Then the dragon on the right gasps and begins laughing! "Oh oh I get it! GUARDING variety dragons! Instead of GARDEN!" Then she immediately gets a look of utmost horror, clapping her wings over her mouth.

"You laughed! I win!" the other dragon cheers. "I win I win! That means you've got to say it!"
"Nooooo that wasn't fair! The pocket dragon said a pun it shouldn't count!"
"That wasn't part of the rules you can't just change them," the left dragon huffs, poofing out his scales in a rather hilarious way.
"Hey! You guys aren't dragons you know about rules right?" the right dragon pleads with Jace and Khannie. "We were playing don't laugh but the little dragon made a joke so that shouldn't count! It should be best five out of seven instead!"
"You already lost FOUR times you don't get to change the rules AGAIN!" the left dragon argues.

Khannie glances over at Jace uncertainly. Should they even get involved in this?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spring Vacation

No one can withstand three of Zebes' puns in a row. He doesn't play fair.
"Well, properly speaking everyone here has been a dragon at least temporarily." Jace admits to the question even though it's probably not relevant.
"But I had always been under the impression that not laughing games usually involve having something funny happen during them. A bit of the point. Ah, what exactly are you supposed to say?" he asks, wondering if they might just answer the question even if it's supposed to be part of the bet.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Spring Vacation]

At then mention of being dragons the pair of havoc dragon 'guards' are immediately distracted and lose track of the previous topic. Righty appears to be getting out of whatever the... what? Prize? Punishment? for losing the not laughing game was going to be.

For now at least.

"Ooooh you were dragons what sort of dragons were you?" Righty asks, eager to change the subject.
"Wait wait no let me guess!" Lefty interjects.
"But there are so many sorts of dragons it could take along time to guess right!" Righty objects.
More scale poofing from Lefty follows. "It'll be fun though! Oh oh oh I know we can make a game of it! We ask questions about the sort of dragon you were and you tell us yes or no!"

Khannie wrinkles her nose. "So like twenty questions?"

Both havoc dragons look absolutely AGHAST!

"What no that's a BORING rule it should be seven questions," Righty insists. "Because seven is the best tasting number."

"...what?" would be Khannie's response there.

"No she's right!" Maridia pipes up. "Seven IS the best tasting number!"

Lefty is now patting his front paws against the stone in earnist and open excitement. "Okay I'm asking about the bigger human first! Did you get turned into an eeeeeeeevil color of dragon?"