Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Man, Strawberry really was clingly lately. Atsede sometimes thought she'd need a chisel and hammer to pry those two apart. Had something happened that she missed? Maybe it had just been a gradual thing though, and she just hadn't noticed it till now.

Atsede catches the brief sudden movement as Anastasia turns away, but doesn't wasn't sure what she missed. Did she have something on her face maybe? She wiped her face with her free uand, just to be sure. Huh. Nothing. "I mean yeah, all the time," she says rather casually. "Parents still haven't caught on, lol." Then her grin widens, and she turns to Eliseo. "Since when have I ever needed an excuse for anything?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.

Tags:
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Maybe it's because I don't go to any of your fancy parties." Ana smirks, knowing full well that none of the parties Eliseo would willingly go to are fancy. Atsede's weird behavior gets a tilt of the head though. "How do you even find the time for it? I mean I feel like even getting it is so hard to do, yeah?"

The girl takes the can and takes an exploratory sip as she waits for Atsede's answer. The results seem to surprise her, judging by the way her eyes light up. She takes another, more assertive sip. Oh wow, this stuff is good actually. "Does it usually taste like this?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: May 22, 2023 6:11 am [Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

Matilda will come across someone actually going towards the cells. Nightshade is returning to his and upon spotting Matilda... honestly just gives her a look and a wide berth. He won't bug either her or Ava if they don't bother him.

Otherwise Matilda will have other things in her way. There's a checkpoint. Bars in the way between her and the yard. Even if she could get past the bars, many of the guards have gathered there on account of it being somewhat barricaded from the goblin attack outside. Matilda could detour before getting spotted towards another section of the jail. Same issue, admittedly. Checkpoint bars and a few guards. But much less guards, these three having recently escaped the control room. It's further away from the yard entrance though.

Either way, Matilda seems to be gathering a following above and beyond just Ava though. Each prisoner let loose by the goblin seems to have more or less the same idea and has taken to following her lead. The fact that she can even formulate talons speaks to her strength and has forcibly demanded the respect of more than a few during lunch time.

Nathair and Svartha may be able to see the various movements on the camera screens in this room. This particular room is focused on the inner prison so it doesn't have the distraction of all the shenanigans that are going on in the outer prison. Matilda and Ava are visibly on the move and they're only a few more escapees away from a full on riot. Whether the goblins last long enough to get more out is a separate question.

Well it doesn't take very many button presses and lever pulls before the backup generator sparks and begins to smoke. Past the 'Janitor' is a room that the sprinklers aren't actually going off in for some reason. Which means fires can work just fine in here. The generator starts to shake as it begins to heat up. Probably not a good idea to stick around for very long.

But until they get past Carrie the Crocodile on the other side and take down the generator over there, they can't cause a full blackout.
quillpleasant wrote: May 19, 2023 4:40 pm Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Ignoring the protestations of the other guard, Nathair taps their chin in thought, frowning at Svartha's response.

"I don't know if we're communicating very well here. Why would all the prisoners need to leave if you're here for one person? Why don't you tell me who you're breaking free, I can figure out where they are, and you can all leave without any further trouble."

They wave vaguely at the razor swine. "No need for any of these, no need for further violence. You could minimize your losses if you just let me do the collection for you."
[Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

"Oh, I understand perfectly. I just don't trust you. So why don't you free me a couple of prisoners and I'll tell you the name of the person we're after. Just direct them to the rope and let them climb, I'll take care of the rest. Maybe you'll get lucky and get just the right prisoner, eh?"
She makes a shoo gesture at Nathir. "So go. The clock's ticking."

One of the swines snort while the others scrape their hooves and claws against the floor impatiently. Getting increasingly restless by the lack of action. They were made for violence so this 'talking' thing was quickly making them impatient.

Nearby the goblins are about to expire as the fire in their eyes start to flicker and die. They will get through one, perhaps two, more doors before they can't do anything else and collapse on the floor. Bringing them out of the zone would eventually revive them but who'd be insane enough to do that?

The gremlins are not great at good ideas but they're good at bad ones.
Which means they're going to just seek shelter in the room next over to the generator and waiting for the boom like a gaggle of immature kids.
Until the BIG BOOM happens they're not even going to try to bother mister crocodile.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Nathair sighs heavily. They're outgunned and surrounded, and there doesn't seem to be much stopping the monster pigs from wreaking havoc except this very fragile truce. But letting random prisoners escape... that's not safe for the prisoners or the populace, and it seems unlikely that Svartha would keep her end of the bargain anyway. This is not a good situation.

"Okay, okay. As long as you promise to retreat as soon as I free the right prisoner, then I'll-" and without warning they reach into their jacket and pull out a heavy automatic pistol, aiming and firing multiple shots at Svartha with well trained accuracy. They may not have access to telekinesis within the suppression field, but other weapons still work just fine.
horses can attack and eat me
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Matilda ignores her followers. Her plan is really, really poor. She's trying to find a guard she can beat up to steal his keys and just walk out that way. She has no plans on bothering Nightshade; what other people do is no concern of hers, unless they're guards with pockets full of keys. The first checkpoint's far too busy, so she'll turn away to find another. The second, with only three distracted-looking guards? That's more like it. She restrains her urge to roar and bellow as she charges, but she's still going to run into the three of them with her arms raised and claws extended.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo lets out a sharp laugh at 'fancy parties'. Where were those at? "I guess that's true. Nothing stopping you from doing anything." He grins at Atsede as he replies to her.

"No, sometimes it tastes way worse. You should try Atsede's beer. We don't want to waste a whole can on you." He teases, clearly expecting her to not react so well to the beer.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

The goblins are rewarded with a BOOOM. It's maybe not as big as they were hoping. But it does shake the complex and cause the lights to flicker momentarily. Being in the next room over, they're... mostly safe. But not entirely. The big danger is one of them may be too close and catch some falling debris or other unexpected force that causes them to explode and create a chain. It's entirely uncertain and probably a matter of luck. The generator isn't really designed to be a bomb for exploding purposes so perhaps the damage is contained to the backup generator room.

The three guards aren't taken unawares, the tense situation keeping them alert to the small crowd of prisoners that turn down the hall and now filter towards their checkpoint. "Inmates return to your cells immediately!" One of them demands as they ready their tasers. Ava hesitates, but Matilda charges forward, claws out. She will get tased for her efforts rather swiftly, honestly. But the brave assault seems to have rallied and invigorated her following to swoop in after her without regard for their own well being. Needless to say two more inmates get tased and one gets bludgeoned back before the guards find themselves overrun, the inmates beating the trio senseless and taking their stuff.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Wellllll it is getting harder to squeeze in the time, what with both boxing and baseball, and now that I hang out with you two. But getting it aint as hard as you'd think. This tall, with the fake ID and all? Plus, people really trust the wings. How could I be anything but a perfect angel?" She chuckled and grinned. "Suckers." A beat, before her voice became more conspiratorial. "And you have no idea how many times they've helped me pick up girls."

Atsede snorts at Eliseo's comment, clearly expecting the same outcome as he did. "Yeah yeah, here." Wiping the can with her sleeve to make some vague gesture towards cleaning it, she leaned over, holding it out for Ana to take.
Last edited by Meowmai on May 28, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Anastasia's eyes widen at the suggestion as she looks from Eliseo to Atsede. Try her drink? As in put her lips on the same thing Atsede was just drinking from like five seconds ago? Isn't that kinda like -

Anastasia takes a swig from her own drink to steady her courage and nods. "U-um, sure, okay." She reaches forward and slowly brings the new can to her lips, almost hesitant to take the plunge - and then she takes a big sip, swallows it down real quick and makes a sour face. "Eugh - it's so, like, bitter! How do you guys even drink this stuff so much?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs at Ana's reaction. "Sometimes it's the only option, so..." He shrugs. "That's why we got you the sweet stuff. You know, for a sweet girl." He adds with a wink.

He looks contemplatively at Atsede, thinking about what she's said. "That's interesting. What do you think of Atsede's wings, Ana?" He gives her a sly look out of the corner of his eye.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede joins in on the laughter, adding, "Besides, you get used to it after a bit." She held her hand out, expecting Ana to hand the beer back given her reaction.

Her eyebrows rose a little at Elisoe's question, somewhat taken aback. Where was this coming from? Though, since the question was being asked, she miiiiight as well spread her wings a bit for show. And she did just that.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Ana can't help but giggle at that. So smooth, this kid. "I do like it, so I guess you were onto something." She hands Atsede the can back and snatches up her own, only a little shy to make physical contact in the process.

it takes the kitsune a second to process what Eliseo says next. "H-huh?" She blinks, a touch of heat emerging into her face. Ohmigosh, he's really doing this to her? Her eyes scan from the sly look in her boyfriend's eyes to Atsede's face and then to all of those magnificent feathers. Anxious to have such a level of focus on her, she takes another quick swig. "T-they're, um - p-pretty, I guess."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Yeah, definitely." Eliseo agrees, so lightly that you'd never know his scheming ways. "Pretty jealous actually. Imagine what I could do if I could fly." He laughs.
Murkus wrote: May 24, 2023 12:07 am [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

Sticks steadies himself. There was a time when he was a conjurer of glamours, by trade, and only began to apply it to this more serious art when he began to create pleasant simulacra for the souls of the ill-treated dead to occupy. He perks up at the strength of Reilana's calling, his spidery hands settled on his knobby knees as he watches her, listening carefully. Though their methodologies differ vastly, he can sense the similarity in the notes, like the rote gesture and chant of a spell.

He senses the power and attention gathering and elects to begin. From his belt he takes a tiny rattler with a wooden handle and a head of brass. It makes a curious, hollow sound as he begins to shake the thing, three crackling notes at a steady rhythm to accompany the young practitioner's song. His powers and spells are frequently tied with and channeled through specific focus objects - in this case, he thought the modest percussion instrument appropriate. It's good he has something so simple - other than a sense of timing, Sticks is not exactly musically inclined.

Slowly the whole yard starts to breathe around the pair, the undercurrents of Sticks' power gathering with the rising energy. The creatures have all gone silent. They stare, mostly at Reilana, as one unified horde of bright orange eyes.
[Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

Reilana remains completely focused, paying no attention to Sticks's constructs, nor the gathering of more wild spirits. There's thankfully not too many of them; Sticks should be able to keep them in check well enough. Nothing approaches from their hiding places.

It's only a moment alter when that changes, though. The one who is called approaches. A skittish, half seen thing moves closer, drawn in by the music. It settles before the small skeleton. The shape is indistinct, but watching for a moment reveals the vague, shifting outline of a rabbit.

The whistling stops and Reilana crouches. "Hello again." She whispers with a smile. Then she pulls from her bag another item. A small bronze bell, coloured green in places with verdigris. She removes a wad of cloth that was preventing it from sounding. Then ever so carefully she rings it, exactly once. The sound is harsh and clear. It's ring pulls at the dead, drawing them closer to life. The spirits that hear it, which may have only lingered hours will now not know true death for days.

Reilana falters, putting on hand on the ground to support herself. The spirit of the rabbit appears to be gone, but can still be felt. The young necromancer stays where she is for a moment, breathing heavily.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Anastasia's reactions give Atsede further pause. This is... a bit weird, right? Not where she expected this to go at least. But Eliseo was smoothly moving on so- whatever, she was overthinking this. And she did like her wings. Might as well show off a little.

Rising to her feet, Atsede spread her wings, the ever-pristine white feathers catching the light perfectly no matter how she turned. They had a habit of doing that. She spun, flexing them in and out again, the tips curling inwards. She briefly considered taking to the air just to show off, but she didn't fancy her chances with the low ceiling. "They are pretty, aren't they?" She says in response to Ana's compliment, suddenly feeling particularly pleased with herself for some reason. "You'd do a lot of sweeping poor Strawberry here off her feet, I reckon," she teased, in response to his rhetorical question. "But yeah, flying's a great perk. Never gets old, that's for sure."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Anastasia's cheeks burn as Atsede displays the full breadth of her wingspan and she finds herself staring, dazzled by the way they catch the light. When the girl decides to start teasing the pair, it certainly isn't Eliseo who she briefly pictures sweeping her up into a bridal carry. She giggles awkwardly at the two. "Y-yeah, I think it's good you can't fly actually. You're already a menace as-is!" Once the focus isn't quite so on her, she takes another sip. Oh boy, now she's feeling a little tingly. Is that normal?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs. "A menace? Couldn't be me." He protests without much conviction. "Sounds like a tempting idea, though. Hey Atsede, how many girls have you swept off their feet?" There's something devilish in his expression again.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Earl of Purple wrote: May 25, 2023 11:19 am Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Matilda ignores her followers. Her plan is really, really poor. She's trying to find a guard she can beat up to steal his keys and just walk out that way. She has no plans on bothering Nightshade; what other people do is no concern of hers, unless they're guards with pockets full of keys. The first checkpoint's far too busy, so she'll turn away to find another. The second, with only three distracted-looking guards? That's more like it. She restrains her urge to roar and bellow as she charges, but she's still going to run into the three of them with her arms raised and claws extended.
Reinholdt wrote: May 26, 2023 5:37 am [Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

The goblins are rewarded with a BOOOM. It's maybe not as big as they were hoping. But it does shake the complex and cause the lights to flicker momentarily. Being in the next room over, they're... mostly safe. But not entirely. The big danger is one of them may be too close and catch some falling debris or other unexpected force that causes them to explode and create a chain. It's entirely uncertain and probably a matter of luck. The generator isn't really designed to be a bomb for exploding purposes so perhaps the damage is contained to the backup generator room.

The three guards aren't taken unawares, the tense situation keeping them alert to the small crowd of prisoners that turn down the hall and now filter towards their checkpoint. "Inmates return to your cells immediately!" One of them demands as they ready their tasers. Ava hesitates, but Matilda charges forward, claws out. She will get tased for her efforts rather swiftly, honestly. But the brave assault seems to have rallied and invigorated her following to swoop in after her without regard for their own well being. Needless to say two more inmates get tased and one gets bludgeoned back before the guards find themselves overrun, the inmates beating the trio senseless and taking their stuff.
quillpleasant wrote: May 24, 2023 4:33 pm Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Nathair sighs heavily. They're outgunned and surrounded, and there doesn't seem to be much stopping the monster pigs from wreaking havoc except this very fragile truce. But letting random prisoners escape... that's not safe for the prisoners or the populace, and it seems unlikely that Svartha would keep her end of the bargain anyway. This is not a good situation.

"Okay, okay. As long as you promise to retreat as soon as I free the right prisoner, then I'll-" and without warning they reach into their jacket and pull out a heavy automatic pistol, aiming and firing multiple shots at Svartha with well trained accuracy. They may not have access to telekinesis within the suppression field, but other weapons still work just fine.

Svartha might have been expecting some kind of betrayal but she still doesn't have the reaction time to dodge his shots. Not all of them hit as she did manage to start stepping back just as he started shooting, but at least one hit. There's no scream, not even a grunt, not even a telling what a bullet might do to her mostly metallic body.

But the anger in her voice is deadly and filled with the desire for retribution.
"KILL!"

And so whatever that was holding the swine back is gone and all four of them rush at Nahir. Filled with as much blood lust as their master's voice.

The goblins all look a bit disappointed at the lackluster explosion and are looking at one another like "was that it?" until a part of the wall they were hiding behind collapses on top of one of them. Then the others start cackling hysterically.

It's then not long until they get bored enough to start their assault on the second generator. Though mostly by acting like a group of hyenas around a lion after a kill or crocodile in this case. Gathering up in a big pack and starting to just gather up close from all sides. If he starts to chase after some of them they will quickly run away while others start going in. If he doesn't pursue and instead goes after the second group, they too will flee and a third group goes in... and so on.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Nathair hadn't really expected the bullets to do much damage, but it was worth a shot. Now, facing down a stampede of giant murder pigs, regret begins to set in.

But it's certainly not the first overwhelming odds they've faced, and just as the swine come close, they throw a handful of pellets to the floor, creating a sharp crack. A billowing cloud of dense, foul smelling red smoke quickly expands, obscuring a wide area of the room.

Within this cover Nathair dodges to one side, getting out of immediate goring distance. They're hoping these creatures don't have a good sense of smell or something like echolocation, as their enhanced vision would give them the advantage if the beasts lack these senses.

But a temporary defense won't help them fend off Svartha and her minions, and Nathair is running out of options within the suppression field. They fire off a couple more shots as they begin retreating out of the room. There's nowhere else to go.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: May 29, 2023 4:34 am [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

Reilana remains completely focused, paying no attention to Sticks's constructs, nor the gathering of more wild spirits. There's thankfully not too many of them; Sticks should be able to keep them in check well enough. Nothing approaches from their hiding places.

It's only a moment alter when that changes, though. The one who is called approaches. A skittish, half seen thing moves closer, drawn in by the music. It settles before the small skeleton. The shape is indistinct, but watching for a moment reveals the vague, shifting outline of a rabbit.

The whistling stops and Reilana crouches. "Hello again." She whispers with a smile. Then she pulls from her bag another item. A small bronze bell, coloured green in places with verdigris. She removes a wad of cloth that was preventing it from sounding. Then ever so carefully she rings it, exactly once. The sound is harsh and clear. It's ring pulls at the dead, drawing them closer to life. The spirits that here it, which may have only lingered hours will now not know true death for days.

Reilana falters, putting on hand on the ground to support herself. The spirit of the rabbit appears to be gone, but can still be felt. The young necromancer stays where she is for a moment, breathing heavily.

Sticks will keep up his warding for a little while, keeping any unbound dead who come close entranced by the steady rhythm of his spell. If Reilana's ritual is finished, or at least this part of it, he'll gradually cycle slower and slower until silence reigns again.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Jun 02, 2023 7:28 pm [Youthful Indiscretions]

Anastasia's cheeks burn as Atsede displays the full breadth of her wingspan and she finds herself staring, dazzled by the way they catch the light. When the girl decides to start teasing the pair, it certainly isn't Eliseo who she briefly pictures sweeping her up into a bridal carry. She giggles awkwardly at the two. "Y-yeah, I think it's good you can't fly actually. You're already a menace as-is!" Once the focus isn't quite so on her, she takes another sip. Oh boy, now she's feeling a little tingly. Is that normal?
Gullara wrote: Jun 03, 2023 4:29 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs. "A menace? Couldn't be me." He protests without much conviction. "Sounds like a tempting idea, though. Hey Atsede, how many girls have you swept off their feet?" There's something devilish in his expression again.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

By the time Atsede has finished her spin, the blush on Anastasia's face was so obvious that it was impossible not to notice. One of her eyebrows raised. Had Eliseo been up to something while her back was turned? He was a menace, truly.

She flops back down in her seat, taking another swig from her beer, head tilting in consideration. "Hmm. Y'know, there's just been so many I've kinda lost count, y'know?" She started counting on her fingers, grin widening with smugness as the number grew higher. "One, two, three, four- I mean, at least seven. Eight? Nine technically, but- I thought Dulcie was going to slap me for that one. Damn, almost the whole cheer team by now." She sounded extremely proud of herself now.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Is he really trying to - Ana's eyes widen. "El!" She shoots Eliseo a startled, nervous look and tries her best to keep her voice low. It's not quite the whisper she intends though.

The girl tilts her head as she watches Atsede count down on her fingers, mentally trying to follow along. Vicky, Arya, Narixie, Elspet... wait, how many girls were there in the cheer squad again? Right, twelve, since that was her number. Wait. Then that means - oh gosh, is she fast becoming the only girl on the team who Atsede hasn't dated?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Matilda's tased. This does, in fact, stop her. She'll collapse and shudder and moan as feathers and fur erupt in spasms across her body and her talons turn back into hands. Of course, whilst she's doing this, the people who had been following get to work taking out the guards, so that's an advantage to not being alone.

She doesn't care that by the time she's standing up again the guards have been stripped and their gear taken; she's planning on getting out of this hole, and for that she's got claws. Or... she will have claws, just need to concentrate and get really angry. The nullification aura about the building is making her owlbear lethargic and harder to pull out, but not strictly speaking impossible. It'll be a moment, though, during which she's unarmed.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Dang, most of the cheer team huh? Who's left to bear the brunt of your charm?" Eliseo asks, with apparently genuine interest. He then gives Ana a sly glance.

Reilana takes a few steadying breaths, then steadies herself. Okay, it's almost done. She reaches out then and touches the skull. A chill radiates from the bones.

Then each of those small pieces pull together, assembling into a full skeleton, followed by a strange blue substance oozing from the skull's eyes. In a couple moments the whole skeleton is consumed by this semi transparent substance, with bone seeming to disappear into it. It congeals finally into the shape of a rabbit, with the skull and some scattered bones suspended inside.

Reilana smiles. "Hello, Pancake."
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Huh. That's another weird Ana reaction. Atsede didn't catch all of it but she certainly noticed something. Did she... did she miss something? Was Eliseo continuing to be a menace with her right here with them? She hoped not.

"Ah, well... Skyla, and Where the River Once Flowed." A pause, and awkward chuckle. "Well I guess there's one other girl- you might know her- but uh, she's already taken. So just Skyla River. Who knows, maybe one of those will actually stick." Unlikely though, given her track record. Not that she wasin it for true love or anything by this point.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Unfortunately for Nathair, the exit door was locked by the retreating guards after Nathair refused to come with them, they having no interest in letting those deathboars run free through the compound.

Fortunately for Nathair, the inmates had no idea deathboars were why the door was locked in the first place, so the first thing they do with the guards' keys is unlock the door. Getting access to the control room after all means they could potentially shut down any locks in the way and turn off the suppression field. Peeking inside and seeing three deathboars very briefly before the whole scene is covered in smoke is enough to discourage the inmates from actually entering the room. Quite the contrary, they yelp and book it further, not bothering to have the presence of mind to close the door and lock it again.

Matilda can see all of this as she recovers and if Nathair makes it out without getting gored and mauled and thorned (questionable), Matilda and Nathair will easily lock eyes.

Ava hesitates, behind the crowd, wondering momentarily if she should help Matilda, but ultimately deciding against it. The slightly terrified looking teenager moves to slip past the control room to follow the crowd when she catches a glimpse of something through the smoke that makes her stop. A hole in the ceiling the smoke was rising to... and a rope. Nibbling her lip, she presses up against the wall next to the door until she gets a better feel for the very dangerous situation.

The goblins will soon learn why crocodiles are ambush hunters, specializing in waiting for their prey to get too close before getting in a sudden snap with a burst of speed. Carrie is patient, never taking the bait, only providing it. Only if a goblin overreaches and get in range does she move with a sudden thrashing bite and toss. Otherwise none of them are properly chased as she digs in and waits for backup.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Jun 05, 2023 1:03 am Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Nathair hadn't really expected the bullets to do much damage, but it was worth a shot. Now, facing down a stampede of giant murder pigs, regret begins to set in.

But it's certainly not the first overwhelming odds they've faced, and just as the swine come close, they throw a handful of pellets to the floor, creating a sharp crack. A billowing cloud of dense, foul smelling red smoke quickly expands, obscuring a wide area of the room.

Within this cover Nathair dodges to one side, getting out of immediate goring distance. They're hoping these creatures don't have a good sense of smell or something like echolocation, as their enhanced vision would give them the advantage if the beasts lack these senses.

But a temporary defense won't help them fend off Svartha and her minions, and Nathair is running out of options within the suppression field. They fire off a couple more shots as they begin retreating out of the room. There's nowhere else to go.

There's a problem with Nathair's plan.

Namely, these pigs don't have eyes.

So when he was hoping that they wouldn't have any other sense used for detection he might have been betting on the wrong horse. Since there's a certain sense that pigs are known to be good at. Which is why they're used to find truffle. How related such pigs are to these beasts is debatable but at least the smoke isn't completely ineffectual. It's foul-smelling, right?

He can hear grunts as his shots does seem to hit the creatures, but they're now hot on his heels. The shots he fired giving away his position even through the smoke.
No sign of Svartha though. Seems like that she's still content with being outside the prison walls. Just waiting for prisoners to start making the climb.

Some would say these goblins are brave, other more correct people would say that they're stupid. Since over-commiting is exactly what they do in less then a minute of attempting to provoke Carrie. And so one of the goblins find itself between her jaws.
But rather than trying to save their comrade the other goblins either takes this opportunity to make a run for the generator or are attempting to grapple her jaws. Attempting to keep them shut around the goblin she got.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thanking his lucky stars that the door is now unlocked, Nathair dashes out into the hallway. Looking around wildly, he notices Matilda staggering to her feet. Oh, this is not a safe place for any prisoner, even if they have her kind of powers.

"Hey, you need to get out of here!" he calls out, stepping towards her, "It's not safe for-" and then the swine barrel into him from behind. Foul smelling or not, the smoke wasn't the deterrent he expected, and he's caught off guard, slamming into the metal floor hard, defenseless against the monsters.

"Run!" he manages to call out towards Matilda, "Get out of here!"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"I dunno, you might have a chance if someone isn't careful," Ana tries to joke, elbowing Eliseo playfully and giving him a loving smirk. "But, l-like - I mean, I'm sure one of them will! Y-you're - I mean, you're a lovely girl. I don't get why someone wouldn't want your company." At this point she finishes her drink, the can coming to a rest on the table with a tinny little clatter.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: Jun 07, 2023 4:25 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Huh. That's another weird Ana reaction. Atsede didn't catch all of it but she certainly noticed something. Did she... did she miss something? Was Eliseo continuing to be a menace with her right here with them? She hoped not.

"Ah, well... Skyla, and Where the River Once Flowed." A pause, and awkward chuckle. "Well I guess there's one other girl- you might know her- but uh, she's already taken. So just Skyla River. Who knows, maybe one of those will actually stick." Unlikely though, given her track record. Not that she wasin it for true love or anything by this point.
Arkhosia wrote: Jun 09, 2023 4:36 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

"I dunno, you might have a chance if someone isn't careful," Ana tries to joke, elbowing Eliseo playfully and giving him a loving smirk. "But, l-like - I mean, I'm sure one of them will! Y-you're - I mean, you're a lovely girl. I don't get why someone wouldn't want your company." At this point she finishes her drink, the can coming to a rest on the table with a tinny little clatter.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Dang, one drink in and she's already looking for alternatives." Eliseo takes the can and moves it further away. "I think we need to cut you off before it's too late."
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Haha, yeah, well, I think Eli would have to fumble the bag pretty badly for that to happen," Atsede jokes back. "I've seen the way you two lovebirds look at each other." She took another swig, finishing her own can before tossing it off into the corner. "Yeah, you're right. I mean I am the coolest and most attractive girl in school, so, gotta work out sometime. Skyla seems pretty into me! She could be the one." There was almost the barest hint of wistfulness in that statement, hidden behind the boasts and ego-flexing. Almost.

She snickered at Eliseo's comment, but it does get her to ponder. Ana has been acting strange, and she's been blushing a lot- is she somehow tipsy already? "Soooo, I get the rest of Strawberry's drinks then? If she's not allowed anymore." She grinned, reaching across the table to snatch up one of the unopened cans of Mag's Hard Lemonade.