Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

Cheasadh would agree that people can be monsters, depending on how they act. She'd even point to her father as an example... And perhaps to herself, though she's trying to be better.

"I'm... not sure. I've not tried to pray for a long time, and... when I did, my father always dedicated something at the beginning of the ceremony." Cheasadh was honestly more scared of her father than obedient to the whims of Bane, unlike her brother. She doesn't know how to guarantee a god will hear with prayers, except through murder, and she's not willing to do that and hopes Civvy is not willing to accept it.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

It gradually dawns on Brinika that the three of them are very poorly-equipped to do what they're trying to do. Khannie isn't religious and doesn't get religion in general. Cheasadh has trauma from her old family and their evil god. And Brinika herself is used to a distant, silent deity that is entreated through priests and honored ancestors.

"I'll just try a general thank-you prayer and say we'd like to see her. See how it works."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: May 22, 2023 4:36 am [The Town]

Eos's neck snaps back as he follows Naku's direction, squinting in an attempt to peek out through the foliage overhead. "...There's definitely a roof on this house, correct?" He confirms, rubbing his arms on his sleeves nervously. "Because that... looks like far too much space to-"

The Thamar stops and looks back at Naku, then at the "trees" around them and lets out a little bark of laughter. "...I knew it!" He chuckles. "Hang on a second, I'm going to just..."

And with that, Eos disappears into the trees, chuckling excitedly.

Shortly thereafter, the sky over Naku goes dark as a massive, reptilian head stretches out over her, connected to a serpentine neck and a large, mountain-like torso off in the distance, well beyond what would be visible from the pink forest.

"OOOHHH YYYEEESSS!!!" The massive dragon roars, waves of sound rolling through the forest like the winds heralding a typhoon. "SSSOOO GGGOOOOOODDD TTTOOO SSSTTTRRREEETTTCCCHHH!!!"
[The Town]

Well . . . Naku certainly didn't expect that. Huh. Interesting.
A few poofs of swirling dusting snowflakes though sees Naku up to the tops of the tr-aaaahhhh. She sees what's going on. Another teleport off to the surface of a desk nearby, huge in side and scale, as she simply opts to sit down, and patiently wait. She had nowhere to be. And Eos was clearly having a *very* enjoyable time. She would be delighted to wait. She doubted she could get his attention currently anyway.

And that was perfectly okay.
Morty wrote: May 22, 2023 8:05 pm [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"I don't know yet." Iknika sighs. This doesn't make her sound very serious or knight-worthy. "I want to dedicate myself to something, even if I don't know what. Being a knight speaks to me more than anything. I don't want to just vanish into the crowd. It's so easy to do when you're a goblin. But do I need to know what I want to believe in first? Or is it okay to go looking?"
[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Naku nods a few times, undoing apparently one last buckle. She removes her hand, and rests it on her left upper arm, this time back outside the neck of her blouse.
"Honestly no that is . . ." She exhales slightly, lips pursed in thought. She's not a knight. Naku definitely has *a* code of honor she tries to follow, but it doesn't mesh with near anyone she's ever talked to. But she held in her heart what was Right; and she let that guide her, over all else.
"No that is perfect. If you *had* something chosen, while *this young*, to dedicate and live your life for, I . . ." Naku frowns again, struggling with her word choices. "I would worry.

No, I truly think that this is the perfect time to be asking this question of yourself. It is okay to look around. It is okay to not know. It is *okay* to take your time. To figure out what you are dedicating yourself to; who you are dedicating yourself to. I am certain there are other Knightly talents you could practice at, to prepare for, while you find your cause."
Naku fights back waves of feeling a bit hypocritical. She does firmly believe all of the words she was saying, but she is also poignantly aware and mentally being screamed at by the knowledge that her cause was chosen for her before she could walk. But she wants Iknika to have this choice, her own history be damned.

"I- I did not find my Lady until much later in life." Her right hand clenches slightly, the leather of her sleeve creaking just a bit under her claws. "It is okay to go looking for your cause. But by the same token; your cause may be looking for you. Somewhere." She looks back up at Iknika, her red eyes piercing. "Your paths may not cross for years. And you should not let their tardiness in finding *you* keep you find achieving greatness.

or you may have to change causes, like I did . . ."
the last was whispered, a bit quietly . . .
a bit sadly.
Keeper wrote: May 24, 2023 9:28 pm Naku's House

And now Mist is petting two big cats.
It's pretty terrific, he's gotta say.

"Well I'm sorry to ruin your joke but at least I still have multiple hands to distribute pets." he says solemnly.
"So whatcha doin with the tofu? I admit I don't really cook with it much myself. But I never did much of the cooking at the Fox. Grandma Sora was the one who knew how to do stuff with it and she doesn't cook much anymore."
Naku's House

"Honestly, just simply frying it. Put it over rice, apply sauce. Nothing fancy, afraid I did not know I was going to be getting a divine visitor today, so I did not prepare heavily. Please do not smite me~" Naku, of all people, *teases* lightly. The smile in her voice and on her face were both plain to see, clearly lightly and in jest. "Would you be interested in a tour after your meal? I will admit a desire to show someone around. I tend not to get many visitors that *want* to find me."

And gosh those kitties. They NEEDED their pets. Happily purring and meowling and murrrrrring as they bask in finally, for the first time LITERALLY EVER getting attention.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie looks thoughtful.

"I only prayed at Inari's a couple times, but when I did I put some food on the little table thingy. But Civvy isn't a goddess of rice she's a goddess of hope. And, like, cute animals I guess? And pink stuff,"
Khannie reasons.

And then?

She has a really, really dumb idea.

"Okay this is prolly stupid but hear me out. So we pray and thank Civvy for letting us check out her castle, right? Say stuff about how nice it is here and how pretty it is. BUT THEN!"

Khannie turns black, as if she were merely a shape of shadow, and then the darkness flows off her like water and pools in the shadows spread around the room. A fox pokemon is revealed!

"We go, please grace us with your presence and accept this offering of a cute fox to pet."

The girls know.

They KNOW that Khannie doesn't like being pet.

Not one bit!

But it's a great personal sacrifice she's willing to make for the good of their adventure.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 26, 2023 4:36 am [The Town]

Well . . . Naku certainly didn't expect that. Huh. Interesting.
A few poofs of swirling dusting snowflakes though sees Naku up to the tops of the tr-aaaahhhh. She sees what's going on. Another teleport off to the surface of a desk nearby, huge in side and scale, as she simply opts to sit down, and patiently wait. She had nowhere to be. And Eos was clearly having a *very* enjoyable time. She would be delighted to wait. She doubted she could get his attention currently anyway.

And that was perfectly okay.
[The Town -> "Little" House]

From her vantage point on the desk, Naku can make out all the various internal features of the house. The interior is, as predicted, absolutely massive; the desk she's sitting on is a quarter of a kilometer long the short way. She herself is standing on a large, white board, about an inch thick and big enough to accomodate its own house. To her right is a massive ebony log, twice at least twice again as tall as she is and much, much longer. There are a few other items on the desk, which are far enough away to see more clearly; that over there is clearly a porcelain teacup and saucer, that's a stack of envelopes and a sheet of stamps, and that's an ant the size of a large dog.

Hold on.

Eos lets out a bellowing laugh, the sound rolling through the house with all the furious volume of a thunderstorm. "PPPEEERRRFFFEEECCCTTT!!!" He roars, curling up in the distance on a bean bag that must be stuffed with boulders. "III KKKNNNEEEWWW TTTHHHIIISSS WWWAAASSS...

...NNNAAAKKKUUU?"

Eos stands up, gaze flicking around the interior of the den frantically. He'd left her down in the carpet by the front door, right? So that must be where she still is... in the carpet, somewhere. But he's a mountain compared to her, or rather, she's an ant compared to him, seeing as to how this place seems to be sized for him.

How in the world is he supposed to find an ant in the carpet? Or, more importantly... how is he supposed to walk around without risking squashing her underfoot?
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheasadh also closes her eyes, and thinks hopeful thoughts. Nothing specific, just generally thinking of all the things she hopes will happen. She never vocalised her prayers, even with her family; her father did, but he expected everyone to make their own prayers at the same time, with only Bane to hear. Now, she's not wishing for power, or to keep fear or pain away, or even for ambition. Cheasadh's hoping for Pookie to keep growing, hoping she'll remember the names of all her cousins and not get them too mixed up, and hoping for Civvy to visit.

She's going to get distracted when she realises what Khannie's doing though, opening her eyes and gasping. "You don't have to do that, Khannie." But... if Khannie wants to, then it's also not Cheasadh's place to stop her.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: May 26, 2023 4:36 amNaku's House

"Honestly, just simply frying it. Put it over rice, apply sauce. Nothing fancy, afraid I did not know I was going to be getting a divine visitor today, so I did not prepare heavily. Please do not smite me~" Naku, of all people, *teases* lightly. The smile in her voice and on her face were both plain to see, clearly lightly and in jest. "Would you be interested in a tour after your meal? I will admit a desire to show someone around. I tend not to get many visitors that *want* to find me."

And gosh those kitties. They NEEDED their pets. Happily purring and meowling and murrrrrring as they bask in finally, for the first time LITERALLY EVER getting attention.
Naku's House

"A tour sounds great! If it's not too much trouble. I might have to squeeze a little bit. But it's okay! Your place is pretty spacious so it might not be a big problem for..." Mist does that wiggle thing again he does when he's trying to signal "horse-posterior-based-problems."
Morty

Post by Morty »

"But if you do want to do it, we appreciate your sacrifice." Brinika is aware that Khannie doesn't like her tail being touched. And yet this does sound like the kind of offering that would attract Civvy.

Iknika's ears dip a little. Even deep in introspection, it's not hard for her to notice that Naku is speaking from personal experience. But asking for too much detail feels like it'd be prying.

"Yeah. You're right. I have time to find my cause. But... what do you mean by changing causes? If, uh, it's okay to ask. It seems personal."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: May 26, 2023 5:58 pm [The Town -> "Little" House]

From her vantage point on the desk, Naku can make out all the various internal features of the house. The interior is, as predicted, absolutely massive; the desk she's sitting on is a quarter of a kilometer long the short way. She herself is standing on a large, white board, about an inch thick and big enough to accomodate its own house. To her right is a massive ebony log, twice at least twice again as tall as she is and much, much longer. There are a few other items on the desk, which are far enough away to see more clearly; that over there is clearly a porcelain teacup and saucer, that's a stack of envelopes and a sheet of stamps, and that's an ant the size of a large dog.

Hold on.

Eos lets out a bellowing laugh, the sound rolling through the house with all the furious volume of a thunderstorm. "PPPEEERRRFFFEEECCCTTT!!!" He roars, curling up in the distance on a bean bag that must be stuffed with boulders. "III KKKNNNEEEWWW TTTHHHIIISSS WWWAAASSS...

...NNNAAAKKKUUU?"

Eos stands up, gaze flicking around the interior of the den frantically. He'd left her down in the carpet by the front door, right? So that must be where she still is... in the carpet, somewhere. But he's a mountain compared to her, or rather, she's an ant compared to him, seeing as to how this place seems to be sized for him.

How in the world is he supposed to find an ant in the carpet? Or, more importantly... how is he supposed to walk around without risking squashing her underfoot?
[The Town -> "Little" House]

"Goodness. My Lady certainly went above and beyond. I- . . . you know. I do not know I want to know how this works, actually." Naku mumbles to herself, reaching down to trace a hand along the . . . flooring?
But then her own small exploration of the area needs to be put on hold, as Eos seems to have lost her. Which . . . made sense. She was very small.

So she set off some fireworks! Or, more like Iceworks. She raised one hand, and countless icicles of various size started to fly up, a long *long* way into the air that would hopefully at least made them noticeable to Eos as they fly up and then _crack_ loudly. Shards of ice fly into the air, and shatter and break with the sound of a frozen lake being ripped apart, clouds of cold forming, shards of ice shimmering and dancing in the light, reflecting and bright as they fly in patterns away from the shattering icicles, and she just keeps going, more and more fly in the air above her, setting off nearly a one-vampire fireworks show, just . . .
Out of ice.
Hopefully that would get Eos' attention.
Keeper wrote: May 28, 2023 3:28 am Naku's House

"A tour sounds great! If it's not too much trouble. I might have to squeeze a little bit. But it's okay! Your place is pretty spacious so it might not be a big problem for..." Mist does that wiggle thing again he does when he's trying to signal "horse-posterior-based-problems."
Naku's House

"Of course, of course! It wouldn't be a problem at all, it is a fairly spacious house, I tried to ensure that if Sally came to visit she would have space, so you should be . . . hopefully all right." Naku laughs slightly, and plates some food for Mist. It's simple, just some rice, the tofu, and what tastes like teriyaki sauce, but it's still quite good.

Also the Uncias sit to either side of Mist, clearly having *never* been fed *once* in their *entire* lives.
"Ignore them." Naku advises, plating herself some food.
Morty wrote: May 29, 2023 5:30 pm [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Iknika's ears dip a little. Even deep in introspection, it's not hard for her to notice that Naku is speaking from personal experience. But asking for too much detail feels like it'd be prying.

"Yeah. You're right. I have time to find my cause. But... what do you mean by changing causes? If, uh, it's okay to ask. It seems personal."

"Of course, of course." Naku nods a few times, looking up at Iknika, a smile on her face, and while it is a genuine smile, she's happy to be here an talking to Iknika about things, it is a bit thin. A bit strained.
"No, at this moment, please do not worry about being okay to ask. Simply ask. You need guidance, and it would be hurtful of me to deny you what little I may be able to offer." And then she sighed, trying to piece together where even to *start*?

"I am unsure how much you know of where I am from." Naku pauses for a half moment, offering Iknika a bit of a chance to offer a bit of feedback, but continues on with a nod when Iknika confirms 'very little'. "Where I grew up, where I trained, and where I am from, is dead. The Darkness -- vampires, werewolves, undead, the things that 'go bump in the night', as Civvy is fond of saying -- invaded and killed nearly all human life. But we- we had a Prophecy. The prophecy was right, time, time, time and again. On everything, no matter how small and esoteric, or large and sweeping. It told us that we would break the chain. That we would bring back the light. We had good reason to believe it, because it very clearly described me and my squad leader." She twirls a lock of hair around a finger, smiling wryly. "And I am . . . quite distinctive.

Anyway. To cut a long story short, *that* was my cause. I was the sign that the time to strike back was upon us, and my squad leader was the one who would deliver the final strike, to cut the head off of the Darkness. And that- that was my Cause. Getting him to where he needed to be. Saving the remnants of humanity."
While Naku is talking, she's been clearly just in her own head. Her eyes are unfocused, her fidgeting slows, though she falls into this pattern of holding her left hand in her right, and idly rubbing the leather on her palm with her thumb. "And to cut an even longer story far *far* too short, we got there. We confronted the leader of the Darkness.

We had been lied to. He, the First, as he went by, had written that prophecy. He had spent countless decades ensuring we would find what it told us. He sacrificed countless lives of his own minions on attacks that we knew about and prepared for. Just to sell the words in that book. To give the straggling remnants of humanity hope. So he could rip it away for his own sick amusement. And, more importantly to his plans, it gave him *me*."
Naku's eyes refocus, and look back up at Iknika. "He bit me," she taps the right side of her neck gently. "turned me, and . . . well.
Newly turned vampires are forced into a rage. I was no different. My Cause died with my friends."
Naku leaves it at that, the implications loud, heavy, and entirely correct.

She sighs, before continuing, "So I needed a new one. For the longest time -- truly, too, too, *too* long -- my cause was just blood. Theirs. Mine. I didn't care. I wanted them all dead, whatever price I may have had to pay. I don't know how long passed. The bloodrage had settled, but I was determined to use this curse back against anything I could find. Humanity was gone, so there was no chance I could hurt anyone actually innocent. So why not? What other option did I have? Was my logic.

And thaaaat was when Civvy found me. A half feral, miserable, angry pile of spite, and hate. That had had her hope built up and dashed away cruelly. And she took me in, and . . . has helped get me to where I am today. Happy, hopeful, and able to have this conversation with you."
Naku's smile warms, and turns into a happy genuine grin. "So, long winded way to say it, my old cause . . . was no longer a valid cause, and then Civvy came along and wiggled her way into my heart, replaced it, and here we are." She offers a half shrug with one hand, smile slightly wry. "Causes . . . If you tie them to tangible, fragile things, may find themselves no longer applicable, is the moral of the story I suppose I am trying to get to. That is not a *bad* thing, but it is something to keep in mind."
Rebonack wrote: May 26, 2023 2:26 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]
"We go, please grace us with your presence and accept this offering of a cute fox to pet."
Morty wrote: May 29, 2023 5:30 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"But if you do want to do it, we appreciate your sacrifice." Brinika is aware that Khannie doesn't like her tail being touched. And yet this does sound like the kind of offering that would attract Civvy.

"But if cute fox does not wish to *be* pet then that would be morally wrong, wouldn't it?"
Well.
*Something* definitely worked!
"Please don't feel you have to do something you don't want to, just for me!" Civvy, in full . . . well. Pink attire, says, nodding a few times. "Buuut hi! Hello! It's a pleasure to meet you all! Hope you've all been having fun?" She asks, sounding genuinely concerned. She just wants to help people be happy!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Oh hey cool it actually worked," Khannie says, smiling that dopy fox smile of hers. She's known for quite some time that if you want to smile when you've got a bad case of foxface that you can't just smile like a human does. Otherwise it doesn't look like a smile. It looks like a SNARL. And that isn't very friendly.

So instead you just pull back the edges of your lips a bit, close your eyes, and loll your tongue out a little and BAM!

Fox smile.

"I mean, I don't mind it THAT much," Khannie lies. "There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone else even if it isn't your favorite thing."

And petting a fox definitely seemed like the sort of thing that Civvy would like.

"Yeah! We've been having fun. The owls are cool."

She gestures at the nearby owls with one of her numerous and floofy tails.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

When Civvy appears, Cheasadh smiles and bobs into a quick curtsey. "Yeah! It's been great fun, had to solve some interesting riddles and the owls are very fluffy." But so far untouched, mostly because Khannie's been trying to intimidate them rather than make friends with them. "Um, how do people usually pray to you? We, uh, don't have much idea."

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 29, 2023 7:46 pm [The Town -> "Little" House]

"Goodness. My Lady certainly went above and beyond. I- . . . you know. I do not know I want to know how this works, actually." Naku mumbles to herself, reaching down to trace a hand along the . . . flooring?
But then her own small exploration of the area needs to be put on hold, as Eos seems to have lost her. Which . . . made sense. She was very small.

So she set off some fireworks! Or, more like Iceworks. She raised one hand, and countless icicles of various size started to fly up, a long *long* way into the air that would hopefully at least made them noticeable to Eos as they fly up and then _crack_ loudly. Shards of ice fly into the air, and shatter and break with the sound of a frozen lake being ripped apart, clouds of cold forming, shards of ice shimmering and dancing in the light, reflecting and bright as they fly in patterns away from the shattering icicles, and she just keeps going, more and more fly in the air above her, setting off nearly a one-vampire fireworks show, just . . .
Out of ice.
Hopefully that would get Eos' attention.
["Little" House]

At first, the tiny twinkling over on his desk doesn't seem to merit Eos's attention. He's trying not to step on Naku, that's far more important than whatever shinies Civvy left for him as a housewarming present or whatever. It's not until the iceworks grow into an intensity that can't be ignored that he finally seems to catch on to their significance.

Slowly, Eos shuffles across the house, each step made very deliberately and with him thoroughly checking the area underneath his feet every time... just in case. When he finally reaches Naku's position, the dragon lowers himself such that Naku finds herself confronted with four meters of glowing orange eyeball in all directions.

"TTTHHHEEERRREEE YYYOOOUUU AAARRREEE." Eos rumbles, letting out a sigh of relief that blows across the desk like a thunderstorm. One of his massive claws comes up, resting its length along the desk's surface, a short walk away from Naku. "CCCLLLIIIMMMBBB OOONNN... III DDDOOONNN'TTT WWWAAANNNTTT TTTOOO LLLOOOSSSEEE YYYOOOUUU AAAGGGAAAIIINNN."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Hi, Ms. Civvy!" Brinika squeaks cheerfully. "We really liked the riddles. And then our friend Khannie wanted to meet you. She's... currently a fox, but not always. It's complicated."

Iknika listens in solemn silence. She was expecting the story to be dark, but this... is something else. Of course it did have a happy ending, thanks to Civvy.

"Uh. Wow. Thanks for sharing this." She's unsure what to say but she decides to open with this. That was quite a personal thing to share. "I'm... really glad Civvy was there for you. And I see what you mean by making my cause something... or someone that can be taken away. But if you make your cause something lofty, doesn't that risk losing sight of the little things? Your friends, family, innocent people?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: May 31, 2023 4:22 pm ["Little" House]

At first, the tiny twinkling over on his desk doesn't seem to merit Eos's attention. He's trying not to step on Naku, that's far more important than whatever shinies Civvy left for him as a housewarming present or whatever. It's not until the iceworks grow into an intensity that can't be ignored that he finally seems to catch on to their significance.

Slowly, Eos shuffles across the house, each step made very deliberately and with him thoroughly checking the area underneath his feet every time... just in case. When he finally reaches Naku's position, the dragon lowers himself such that Naku finds herself confronted with four meters of glowing orange eyeball in all directions.

"TTTHHHEEERRREEE YYYOOOUUU AAARRREEE." Eos rumbles, letting out a sigh of relief that blows across the desk like a thunderstorm. One of his massive claws comes up, resting its length along the desk's surface, a short walk away from Naku. "CCCLLLIIIMMMBBB OOONNN... III DDDOOONNN'TTT WWWAAANNNTTT TTTOOO LLLOOOSSSEEE YYYOOOUUU AAAGGGAAAIIINNN."
["Little" House]

It probably took Naku shattering ice that was compact enough that the splintering fragments dissolved into mist as the shattered shards were expelled with enough force to break the sound barrier to create a shattering enough boom to attract Eos' attention. Which was fine. She would just keep amping it up until he noticed.

Naku reacts fairly quickly to the thunderstorm of a sigh, and sinks the claws of her right hand down to nearly the first knuckle into the wood she was sat upon to hold herself steady. But then she stood, nodded, and hopped up lightly onto those claws. "Of course. Or I could remain there where you know where I am?"
Rebonack wrote: May 29, 2023 8:08 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Oh hey cool it actually worked," Khannie says, smiling that dopy fox smile of hers. She's known for quite some time that if you want to smile when you've got a bad case of foxface that you can't just smile like a human does. Otherwise it doesn't look like a smile. It looks like a SNARL. And that isn't very friendly.

So instead you just pull back the edges of your lips a bit, close your eyes, and loll your tongue out a little and BAM!

Fox smile.

"I mean, I don't mind it THAT much," Khannie lies. "There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone else even if it isn't your favorite thing."

And petting a fox definitely seemed like the sort of thing that Civvy would like.

"Yeah! We've been having fun. The owls are cool."

She gestures at the nearby owls with one of her numerous and floofy tails.
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" Civvy squints. She peers. She thinks (It's hard!). "No." Civvy does not often say no! This was actually quote a moment for her! "I really really really do appreciate the offer so so so much! Thank you for sacrificing your own comfort for your friends! I respect that a lot!
But if you aren't comfortable with it, I am not going to pat your tails, no matter how fluffy.

You dun have to lie to me. I respect your boundries. But thank you."

Earl of Purple wrote: May 30, 2023 11:09 am Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

When Civvy appears, Cheasadh smiles and bobs into a quick curtsey. "Yeah! It's been great fun, had to solve some interesting riddles and the owls are very fluffy." But so far untouched, mostly because Khannie's been trying to intimidate them rather than make friends with them. "Um, how do people usually pray to you? We, uh, don't have much idea."
"Hello again!! It is good to see you! I'm glad to hear you've been having fun! And yeah those riddles were hard!! I don't think *I* answered them all when I tried. You all did super well and I am really really proud of you all.

Oh praying? Um . . .um . . ."
Civvy scratches the back of her head. She's on the receiving side, how does the *sending* side work? "Kinda just like . . . hope for stuff? Like, if you *really* hope this thing you're doing works? I'll he there! Or if you wanna just like, really hope for some stuff for the upcoming days and just start telling me about them? I'll hear that too!
Umm . . . there isn't really any sort of fixed way. I don't do like. Offer a burger to me to get my attention or anything.
Just . . . talk to me."
Civvy shrugs slightly, grinning a bit. "Just tell me. I love talking. Even if I can't always answer."

Morty wrote: May 31, 2023 9:09 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Hi, Ms. Civvy!" Brinika squeaks cheerfully. "We really liked the riddles. And then our friend Khannie wanted to meet you. She's... currently a fox, but not always. It's complicated."

Iknika listens in solemn silence. She was expecting the story to be dark, but this... is something else. Of course it did have a happy ending, thanks to Civvy.

"Uh. Wow. Thanks for sharing this." She's unsure what to say but she decides to open with this. That was quite a personal thing to share. "I'm... really glad Civvy was there for you. And I see what you mean by making my cause something... or someone that can be taken away. But if you make your cause something lofty, doesn't that risk losing sight of the little things? Your friends, family, innocent people?"

"Hello to you too! I hope you've *also* been doing well!! And I see! Khannie is a beautiful fox! Very fluffy! I'm glad you liked the riddles!"

Naku smiles slightly, her grin wolfish and a pleased expression on her face. "Good! That is a correct way to think about it. Yes. You do risk that. If you set your goal to only the Lofty Divines, as an example, you risk forgetting about your friends. Your family. The innocents you could be helping. You risk various forms and definitions of zealotry at the potential cost of your fellow man. For some, that is a correct and noble cause, I will not judge others their choices.
But *you*,"
Naku nods once at Iknika, pulling her legs up under herself so she can prop one elbow against her hip, and then her chin atop her fist. "But you immediately countered by asking about those same friends, family, and innocents. Good.

I certainly am not going to try to tell you what your cause *should* be. I will answer questions, gladly and as thoroughly as I can, but in the end the decision must be yours, for your cause to have any meaning to you. But I will say, for as much as I can; that friends, family, and the protection and betterment of innocents? Sounds like a very good cause to me. Fight against the injustices that would do them harm, the evils that would strip them of their innocence.

Protect their hope, from the things that would see it snuffed out."
Naku nods again. She feels something stir in her in this exact moment. Protecting friends, family, and going out to preserve, restore, and heal the hope of the innocents that held onto it? That . . . was a cause that resonated with her very, very powerfully.

Though with one more sigh, Naku finishes her train of thought. "If I may though, before I offer you free reign to ask what you will, I would like to offer one last . . . piece of advice and warning, I suppose I would call it, about picking your cause. Learned through pain and lessons I truly and genuinely hope you never *have* to learn. But only if you wish to hear it."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Huh.

Khannie wasn't quite expecting that.

She looks back at her tails, just in case their fluffiness is somehow deficient and that's why Civvy has declined. Nope. Still outrageously poofy just like any fox tail.

"Okay, yeah, I guess that's fair," she admits with a shrug. This definitely didn't go where she was expecting but hey Civvy still showed up which is what they were shooting for, right? "Uh... hey if you don't mind I had some questions? Like... what do you DO, exactly? I get Inari being in charge of rice and stuff. She sends out her messengers to give rice to new folks who haven't got it yet. But hope is really..."

The zoroark makes a vague wishy-washy motion with one of her paws.

"...you know?"

She's also listening to how Civvy is answering other questions and when we get to this-
Khannie is a beautiful fox!
-part Khannie makes a sputtery noise and averts her face a bit when it suddenly feels hot. Somehow, against all possibility, she's blushing straight through her white fur.

"N-no I'm not. I look creepy."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Jun 02, 2023 6:37 am ["Little" House]

It probably took Naku shattering ice that was compact enough that the splintering fragments dissolved into mist as the shattered shards were expelled with enough force to break the sound barrier to create a shattering enough boom to attract Eos' attention. Which was fine. She would just keep amping it up until he noticed.

Naku reacts fairly quickly to the thunderstorm of a sigh, and sinks the claws of her right hand down to nearly the first knuckle into the wood she was sat upon to hold herself steady. But then she stood, nodded, and hopped up lightly onto those claws. "Of course. Or I could remain there where you know where I am?"
["Little" House]

Eos pauses for a moment, before reaching up and setting Naku on his head, in a space that was itself large enough to build a small fortress if Naku felt so inclined.

"THIS WAY, I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ANYWAY." The dragon says, quickening his pace so as to be something bearable for Naku to listen to. "AND YOU GET A GOOD VIEW AS WELL."

He's right about that, at least. From her perch atop Eos's head, Naku will find that the absurd scale of the house looks... much less absurd. Less like she's in a giant's home and more like she's watching someone walk around a perfectly ordinary house on a giant screen. After Eos leaves the den to explore the other rooms, the home looks almost quaint; the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom are all still small spaces for Eos; comfortable enough for a single occupant, but not so over-spacious as to be pointlessly opulent. They're all about what one would expect for a house in Civvy's domain, with a few changes made to accommodate Eos's unusual shape; every chair in the house has been replaced with a more amorphous counterpart, mostly in the form of pink bean bags that conform to his body when he curls up on them. The bed is, likewise, more squarish in shape, with a circular pillow set in the center; a more ideal shape for someone who lays in a circle, rather than horizontally as humans do. The bathroom is mostly dominated by a basin-like tub that makes the room more resemble a tiny indoor swimming pool than anything else, with a ringside toilet and sink (much to Eos's befuddlement). The kitchen is furnished with a small pantry, a gas-top stove and oven, and a set of porcelain dishes which Eos eyes somewhat warily.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Khannie, you couldn't look creepy if you illusioned yourself up as a clown and walked on your hands down a poorly-lit school corridor with bloodied axe blades built into your oversized clown shoes." Cheasadh hopes that's reassuring. Mostly it's absurd... Although Earl now has another bogeyman idea, as if Mister Slash wasn't enough.

"Right, that... sounds quite easy. There's no special titles or anything I should use, or would 'dear Civvy' work?" Cheasadh is very interested in this answer. She may be planning on doing this semi-regularly.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: May 29, 2023 7:46 pm Naku's House

"Of course, of course! It wouldn't be a problem at all, it is a fairly spacious house, I tried to ensure that if Sally came to visit she would have space, so you should be . . . hopefully all right." Naku laughs slightly, and plates some food for Mist. It's simple, just some rice, the tofu, and what tastes like teriyaki sauce, but it's still quite good.

Also the Uncias sit to either side of Mist, clearly having *never* been fed *once* in their *entire* lives.
"Ignore them." Naku advises, plating herself some food.
"Wait, you mean the dragon you carried in on the way here?" Mist asks, confused as he takes his serving.
"Does she take up more space than she appears?"
He didn't think the pink dragon weighed more than he would have expected.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah! You don't like looking like that and it's valid but you don't look creepy." Brinika is threading a needle here. On the one hand, Khannie is justified in not liking being a fox-Pokemon. On the other, she doesn't look creepy and she needs to be reminded of it. Hopefully she gets it across. "And praying to you sounds a lot easier than praying to the One Below or the ancestors."

Iknika has many questions and thoughts, but it seems that Naku has something important to say. Better to hear it first, since it might change things.

"Alright, lay it on me. Sounds like it's something I need to hear."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Jun 04, 2023 7:21 am ["Little" House]

Eos pauses for a moment, before reaching up and setting Naku on his head, in a space that was itself large enough to build a small fortress if Naku felt so inclined.

"THIS WAY, I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ANYWAY." The dragon says, quickening his pace so as to be something bearable for Naku to listen to. "AND YOU GET A GOOD VIEW AS WELL."

He's right about that, at least. From her perch atop Eos's head, Naku will find that the absurd scale of the house looks... much less absurd. Less like she's in a giant's home and more like she's watching someone walk around a perfectly ordinary house on a giant screen. After Eos leaves the den to explore the other rooms, the home looks almost quaint; the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom are all still small spaces for Eos; comfortable enough for a single occupant, but not so over-spacious as to be pointlessly opulent. They're all about what one would expect for a house in Civvy's domain, with a few changes made to accommodate Eos's unusual shape; every chair in the house has been replaced with a more amorphous counterpart, mostly in the form of pink bean bags that conform to his body when he curls up on them. The bed is, likewise, more squarish in shape, with a circular pillow set in the center; a more ideal shape for someone who lays in a circle, rather than horizontally as humans do. The bathroom is mostly dominated by a basin-like tub that makes the room more resemble a tiny indoor swimming pool than anything else, with a ringside toilet and sink (much to Eos's befuddlement). The kitchen is furnished with a small pantry, a gas-top stove and oven, and a set of porcelain dishes which Eos eyes somewhat warily.
["Tiny" House]

Naku wasn't much of a fortress person, but . . . gosh a crown fortress could be rad. Not yet, but could be. She did sit back down again though. "Thank you! This place does look lovely! Civvy is pretty dang okay at interior design, at least!

Also I see you side eyeing the dishes, please do not worry about them. The dishes here are remarkably durable, and can find themselves restocked if they ever do break."

Rebonack wrote: Jun 02, 2023 3:20 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

Huh.

Khannie wasn't quite expecting that.

She looks back at her tails, just in case their fluffiness is somehow deficient and that's why Civvy has declined. Nope. Still outrageously poofy just like any fox tail.

"Okay, yeah, I guess that's fair," she admits with a shrug. This definitely didn't go where she was expecting but hey Civvy still showed up which is what they were shooting for, right? "Uh... hey if you don't mind I had some questions? Like... what do you DO, exactly? I get Inari being in charge of rice and stuff. She sends out her messengers to give rice to new folks who haven't got it yet. But hope is really..."

The zoroark makes a vague wishy-washy motion with one of her paws.

"...you know?"

She's also listening to how Civvy is answering other questions and when we get to this-

-part Khannie makes a sputtery noise and averts her face a bit when it suddenly feels hot. Somehow, against all possibility, she's blushing straight through her white fur.

"N-no I'm not. I look creepy."

"Of course I don't mind! Ask away! And no you're absolutely right! 'Hope' is def kinda wishy washy for sure for sure!" Civvy nods a few times, before plopping herself down, sitting on her knees, her pink dress frilly and floofing as she does. "Okay so like . . . that's the thing though. *I* am kind of nebulous and wishy washy. Hope is not a tangible thing. Rice is, and rice is great for that and that's rad, but like . . . I have to work in mysterious ways. I don't and can't like . . . directly influence stuff. Directly. But say if someone were to hope for a better crop of that rice? Or hope that the rains come to help their fields? Or even like, hope that the sun is out tomorrow, or that the bakery they're going to has that tasty treat they want? Or hoping their friends are okay?
I *can* influence those! I can help nudge those clouds for rain. Or away from the sun. Or help make sure that that treat is baked.

So . . . Wherever there is Hope for something, I am there."
She nods a few times, having struggled before to explain this, but trying her best!

But then she also blinks a few times. "N-no! You aren't creepy! But also if you aren't comfortable like this, and want to change it, please please please don't keep it up for my sake. I think you're all adorable, and I would hate to upset anyone because they feel they can't be themselves around me. I do not and will never judge, I . . . can sympathize a bit."
Earl of Purple wrote: Jun 04, 2023 6:19 pm Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

"Khannie, you couldn't look creepy if you illusioned yourself up as a clown and walked on your hands down a poorly-lit school corridor with bloodied axe blades built into your oversized clown shoes." Cheasadh hopes that's reassuring. Mostly it's absurd... Although Earl now has another bogeyman idea, as if Mister Slash wasn't enough.

"Right, that... sounds quite easy. There's no special titles or anything I should use, or would 'dear Civvy' work?" Cheasadh is very interested in this answer. She may be planning on doing this semi-regularly.
"Sure!" Civvy nods a few times. "Or like 'hey Civvy' or like 'sup' or- you know. Just like . . . however you wanna get my attention. Especially around here." She gestures vaguely at the entire realm around her. "It's *real* easy here. I don't have many titles, please do not worry about those. Just call me by name.
Or if you just want my passive help on something, just . . . hope. Hope that snack is in the bakery. Hope the sun is out tomorrow.
That's all it truly takes.
I'll be there~"

Morty wrote: Jun 06, 2023 5:44 pm [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Yeah! You don't like looking like that and it's valid but you don't look creepy." Brinika is threading a needle here. On the one hand, Khannie is justified in not liking being a fox-Pokemon. On the other, she doesn't look creepy and she needs to be reminded of it. Hopefully she gets it across. "And praying to you sounds a lot easier than praying to the One Below or the ancestors."
"Heck yeah! I hope so! I try to make it not too hard! And really you don't even need to *pray* if you just want some passive help. But yeah if you ever wanna just talk! Just like . . . talk to me." She nods several more times, her hair bouncing about her shoulders.
Keeper wrote: Jun 04, 2023 7:07 pm "Wait, you mean the dragon you carried in on the way here?" Mist asks, confused as he takes his serving.
"Does she take up more space than she appears?"
He didn't think the pink dragon weighed more than he would have expected.
Naku sighs a second time, as that tiny dragon that had been left free to roam the house with them and was forgetting because of cats, wandered up to Naku's ankles, and batted her head against Naku, mrawling just as loudly as either of the Uncias.
Naku siiiiiighs.
"I am bad at keeping secrets. You all know this. But I am sorry that I, once again, ruined another surprise.

Yes Mist. Sally is also much larger than she may appear at first gla-"
Sally, at least, proves this! A little poof and swirl of pink vfx leaves an incredibly tall Dragongirl sitting at the table not far from Mist. She's pouting adorably, and is probably close to 8 feet tall. Her scales are pink, her hair a dark blue, her eyes emerald green, her pout adorable, and her . . . heart is full of love.
"hi I'm Sally" she half mumbles, looking down at the table, and rubbing Uncia's head as they came over to flop it into her lap.
Morty wrote: Jun 06, 2023 5:44 pm [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Iknika has many questions and thoughts, but it seems that Naku has something important to say. Better to hear it first, since it might change things.

"Alright, lay it on me. Sounds like it's something I need to hear."

This sigh from Naku was longer, deeper, as if both full of regret, *and* psyching herself up.
"Okay. My last piece of advise is this.

If this is a cause you are going to fight for, be prepared; you are going to lose."
Naku looks up, her tone flat, truthful, and fairly blunt. She makes eye contact with Iknika, and holds it for the rest of what she has to say. "There will always be someone stronger. Faster. Smarter. Luckier." A half shrug. "It does not matter how exactly. But every time you get into a fight, there is always a chance you will lose. Those losses can range from embarrassment, to being left bleeding out on uncaring concrete." And it is now that Naku breaks that eye contact, and tugs that leather sleeve down she had previously unbuckled. Her left arm is . . . not the same as it used to be. Where once was smooth, nearly snow-white skin, now is hard, cool ice. Her arm is a deep crimson, and she holds it up slightly to the light, looking through the ice of her hand. Clenching her fist a few times, flexing her fingers, and watching it move and shift, refracting the light. It's meticulously crafted; a perfect replica of her former arm. The surface even shifted slightly as she moved, mimicking - at least surface level - muscles and tendons, on the otherwise solid block of shaped ice. "And it is in those moments." She finally continues, lowering her arm again, and looking back at Iknika. "That your cause will come back to you. Is it worth it? Is what you are fighting for important enough to justify being even here, staring down loss and worse?

For me, my old cause of just . . . pain and vengeance? No. No it was not.
But now?"
She looks at her hand again, clenching a fist tightly. "I would do it again in a heartbeat."

Naku . . . isn't quite sure how to follow that up. She did not plan this talk, and was not sure if what she was saying was even terribly clear. "But that can, and should, be your guiding light to a cause.
No matter what happens, at the End, is it worthy?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Civvy's Realm - THE TRIO!]

Cheasadh's description definitely gets a weird look from Khannie.

A scary clown?

Seriously?

But Khannie's pretty sure she understands her friend's point. The gnome considers Khannie friend-shaped no matter what shape she's presenting to the world. But still! Weird ghost fox is creepy. She tries to keep herself all smooth and settled but whens he gets riled up the creepy factor REALLY goes crazy. The zoroark's mess of tails are flopping about behind her, spreading like the trail of a very floofy dress.

"I mean, I guess I'm not that creepy right now," she admits, rubbing one arm awkwardly with a paw. "I've been talking with Sophie. She's been helping me get better at not being so critical of myself. I probably shouldn't say mean things about myself like 'I'm creepy' or 'I'm a dumb pokemon'. That's not good for me. I gotta be as nice to myself as I'm nice to my friends."

Being kind to yourself is a very important thing to be!

And... Khannie really does hope she can get better at being kind to herself. And heal from the trauma she went through when she was little. And just... be happy! She works so hard at helping other people overcome their problems but that's partly because it helps her forget HER problems. She needs help, too. Just like everyone else.

"I... guess... maybe? Maybe I'm a beautiful fox. Maybe just a little. I mean, Arthfael seems to think so. And if Civvy does too then maybe I'm just being too hard on myself,"
Khannie admits.

And in doing so the weight on her feels ever so slightly lighter.

But then! THEN! Another question occurs to her! Specifically about the rain thing.

"Wait, but don't people hope opposite things at the same time? What if one person is hoping for sunshine and the other is hoping for rain?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Civvy's Realm- The Trio

To be fair to her, Cheasadh was raised in the belief that humans were all crazy due to not getting enough air through their small noses way up high in the air. She's grown out of it, because she's met kind, sane, and friendly humans, but when she thinks of 'creepy' humans are pretty much the default. Ones with faces painted so their expressions are harder to make out add to that.

"Of course you're a beautiful fox, Khannie. I thought you... well, enjoyed having thumbs." Which is a perfectly valid reason to not want to be a fox, well that and not liking being touched or taken for an animal and not a person. Khannie could be a better fox, as she's not pink, but she's nearly purple which is almost as good.

The question about different peoples conflicting hopes is interesting, so Cheasadh will listen for an answer.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah! That's the spirit. It can be hard to be nice to yourself, but it's worth it." Brinika hasn't struggled with such thoughts as much as Khannie, but she can understand it well enough. "You should listen to Arthfael. He's really smitten with you, so it'll help you feel more confident." She gives Khannie a toothy, teasing grin.

Iknika's ears dip as Naku explains it. This is something she knows, but hasn't really thought about. Her brash self-confidence keeps thoughts of defeat at bay.

"I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. And I'll try to be ready for it. Um, do you need a hug? Because you've really been through a lot."

...why did she say that? Maybe she just really appreciates Naku laying her heart bare to help her.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Rebonack wrote: Jun 08, 2023 4:20 pm [Civvy's Realm - THE TRIO!]

Cheasadh's description definitely gets a weird look from Khannie.

A scary clown?

Seriously?

But Khannie's pretty sure she understands her friend's point. The gnome considers Khannie friend-shaped no matter what shape she's presenting to the world. But still! Weird ghost fox is creepy. She tries to keep herself all smooth and settled but whens he gets riled up the creepy factor REALLY goes crazy. The zoroark's mess of tails are flopping about behind her, spreading like the trail of a very floofy dress.

"I mean, I guess I'm not that creepy right now," she admits, rubbing one arm awkwardly with a paw. "I've been talking with Sophie. She's been helping me get better at not being so critical of myself. I probably shouldn't say mean things about myself like 'I'm creepy' or 'I'm a dumb pokemon'. That's not good for me. I gotta be as nice to myself as I'm nice to my friends."

Being kind to yourself is a very important thing to be!

And... Khannie really does hope she can get better at being kind to herself. And heal from the trauma she went through when she was little. And just... be happy! She works so hard at helping other people overcome their problems but that's partly because it helps her forget HER problems. She needs help, too. Just like everyone else.

"I... guess... maybe? Maybe I'm a beautiful fox. Maybe just a little. I mean, Arthfael seems to think so. And if Civvy does too then maybe I'm just being too hard on myself,"
Khannie admits.

And in doing so the weight on her feels ever so slightly lighter.

But then! THEN! Another question occurs to her! Specifically about the rain thing.

"Wait, but don't people hope opposite things at the same time? What if one person is hoping for sunshine and the other is hoping for rain?"
"I will agree!" Civvy nod nods a time or two, her hair bouncing about her shoulders. "You shouldn't be mean to yourself! If your own brain is being mean to you, then you can't be *nice* to yourself, you know? And I definitely think you are a very pretty fox!" Another nod nod.

Though then that question. And Civvy nods another time or two. "Honestly, those exact situations are why I'm here. How are those handled? It's never as simple a case as 'person A wants rain, and person B wants sun', never never. Would person A be happy with scattered rain, or sun showers? Then both people could be happy.
Do the animals and plants nearby *need* rain?
Would person A be happy with rain today, and person B be okay waiting until tomorrow?

There is no specific right answer."
Civvy shrugs slightly. "And that right there is what I spend a lot of my time doing. How *are* those situations handled? it changes every time, depending on so much context."
Earl of Purple wrote: Jun 09, 2023 1:13 pm Civvy's Realm- The Trio

To be fair to her, Cheasadh was raised in the belief that humans were all crazy due to not getting enough air through their small noses way up high in the air. She's grown out of it, because she's met kind, sane, and friendly humans, but when she thinks of 'creepy' humans are pretty much the default. Ones with faces painted so their expressions are harder to make out add to that.

"Of course you're a beautiful fox, Khannie. I thought you... well, enjoyed having thumbs." Which is a perfectly valid reason to not want to be a fox, well that and not liking being touched or taken for an animal and not a person. Khannie could be a better fox, as she's not pink, but she's nearly purple which is almost as good.

The question about different peoples conflicting hopes is interesting, so Cheasadh will listen for an answer.
"Thumbs are rad!"
Morty wrote: Jun 11, 2023 11:06 am [Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Yeah! That's the spirit. It can be hard to be nice to yourself, but it's worth it." Brinika hasn't struggled with such thoughts as much as Khannie, but she can understand it well enough. "You should listen to Arthfael. He's really smitten with you, so it'll help you feel more confident." She gives Khannie a toothy, teasing grin.

Iknika's ears dip as Naku explains it. This is something she knows, but hasn't really thought about. Her brash self-confidence keeps thoughts of defeat at bay.

"I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. And I'll try to be ready for it. Um, do you need a hug? Because you've really been through a lot."

...why did she say that? Maybe she just really appreciates Naku laying her heart bare to help her.

Civvy nods, not knowing who was being talked about but it sounded positive!

Naku watches the dip in Iknika's ears. She isn't *well* versed in goblin body language, but that sign was fairly universal. A large part of her feels bad for this entire conversation, but . . . it's important. And they're the things she wished she had known, years and years ago.
But then she smiled thinly, warmly, raising her right arm in an accepting sort of way. "I would love a hug. Please do not tell my lady, as I do need to put on a stoic face for her, but I do adore hugs."

After the hug, she nods, and offers,
"I am certain you have as many questions as the ocean has stars. I will answer what I can. Please ask what you wish and with no fear."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: Jun 07, 2023 8:01 pmNaku sighs a second time, as that tiny dragon that had been left free to roam the house with them and was forgetting because of cats, wandered up to Naku's ankles, and batted her head against Naku, mrawling just as loudly as either of the Uncias.
Naku siiiiiighs.
"I am bad at keeping secrets. You all know this. But I am sorry that I, once again, ruined another surprise.

Yes Mist. Sally is also much larger than she may appear at first gla-"
Sally, at least, proves this! A little poof and swirl of pink vfx leaves an incredibly tall Dragongirl sitting at the table not far from Mist. She's pouting adorably, and is probably close to 8 feet tall. Her scales are pink, her hair a dark blue, her eyes emerald green, her pout adorable, and her . . . heart is full of love.
"hi I'm Sally" she half mumbles, looking down at the table, and rubbing Uncia's head as they came over to flop it into her lap.
Naku's House

Mist smiles gently, putting his hands together. With his centaur stature he can actually almost make even eye contact with Sally. She seems embarrassed so Mist won't ask too many questions. He says, just,
"You have lots of hidden friends, Naku."
With a smile as always.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie carefully considers Civvy's reply and concludes with great and sagely wisdom, "That sounds like a lotta work."

Boy HOWDY does it ever sound like a lot of work.

Also? She sticks her tongue out at Cheasadh and shows off the thumbs on her paws. One of the things her dad did for her pretty early on in her life was getting her in touch with some gene-mod people who made it so her hands were more human. Doofy pokemon paws often aren't great for anything more than awkwardly holding something. Sure her paws still aren't EXACTLY human but they're close enough to work.

"Thanks for the reminder not to be mean to myself. And thanks for stopping by to chat with us Civvy it was cool."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Gazebo

There's a chill in the air and a young woman appears in a small local structure. She's in her twenties with brown hair tied with a red tie under a redder beret and a white coat.
She looks around, confused as she isn't sure how she got here.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth, the Trio

"If it was easy it wouldn't need a god to do it, would it? There's no god of pencil sharpening." Although there may be a god of pencil shavings, especially in more animist settings. "Yeah, thank you Civvy. It was great to meet you again." It always is great to meet Civvy; she's so pink and happy and Cheasadh always smiles throughout.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"We're going to remind you to be nice to yourself until it sticks," Brinika declares solemnly, doing a salute. "And yeah, thanks for coming by, Civvy."

Iknika goes to hug Naku with gusto. There's a surprising amount of strength in this small body, no doubt a result of her training.

"You're been through... so much. I'm glad you get to pass what you've learned on to me now."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Jun 12, 2023 12:20 am Naku's House

Mist smiles gently, putting his hands together. With his centaur stature he can actually almost make even eye contact with Sally. She seems embarrassed so Mist won't ask too many questions. He says, just,
"You have lots of hidden friends, Naku."
With a smile as always.
Naku's House

One of the two Uncias batters at the back of Naku's knee, mrowling loudly again.
"You-" she sighs. "Have no idea. Though it . . . it has been nice." She takes a second to reach down and scritch under Uncia's chin. Uncia *puuuuuuurrrs*. "To have . . . you know. Friends." A few moments later, and she brings a plate of food over to Mist.
"Thank you for visiting, my friend."
Rebonack wrote: Jun 12, 2023 1:12 am [Civvy's Realm - THE TRIO!]

Khannie carefully considers Civvy's reply and concludes with great and sagely wisdom, "That sounds like a lotta work."

Boy HOWDY does it ever sound like a lot of work.

Also? She sticks her tongue out at Cheasadh and shows off the thumbs on her paws. One of the things her dad did for her pretty early on in her life was getting her in touch with some gene-mod people who made it so her hands were more human. Doofy pokemon paws often aren't great for anything more than awkwardly holding something. Sure her paws still aren't EXACTLY human but they're close enough to work.

"Thanks for the reminder not to be mean to myself. And thanks for stopping by to chat with us Civvy it was cool."
"Yup yup! That's what they pay me for!" Civvy grins, making this clearly a joke. "But yeah that's my job, it can be a lot some days, but it's super super super satisfying and worth it!!

And of course! My pleasure! Thank you all for summoning me!"

Earl of Purple wrote: Jun 12, 2023 11:57 am Castle Pinktooth, the Trio

"If it was easy it wouldn't need a god to do it, would it? There's no god of pencil sharpening." Although there may be a god of pencil shavings, especially in more animist settings. "Yeah, thank you Civvy. It was great to meet you again." It always is great to meet Civvy; she's so pink and happy and Cheasadh always smiles throughout.
"And you tooooo! Call me *any* time! Any of you!"

Morty wrote: Jun 14, 2023 7:59 pm [Civvy's Realm - THE TRIO!]

"We're going to remind you to be nice to yourself until it sticks," Brinika declares solemnly, doing a salute. "And yeah, thanks for coming by, Civvy."

Iknika goes to hug Naku with gusto. There's a surprising amount of strength in this small body, no doubt a result of her training.

"You're been through... so much. I'm glad you get to pass what you've learned on to me now."

"Good! Keep that up Brinika! And yes of course!
Honestly any of you, any time! Call me if you need me! Or if you just wanna talk!

Okay have a lovely rest of your adventure byeeeee!"
And she *poofs* away again!

"Goodness!" Naku exclaims cheerfully, smiling lightly. "Quite the grip you have got there. Clearly you have been working hard! It shows. You should be proud." Eventually, after the hug is broken, she smiles again, and nods. "And I . . . am truly thankful I am here *to* pass it on. And that you are here to listen. So . . . what may I do for you?" Her tone is considerably lighter, and she is trying *very* hard not to drag the mood down at all. But she does appreciate Iknika a lot. She needed that hug far far more than she realized.