GLoG

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: GLoG

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GloG]

It does in fact lead to GloG, or what they have to assume is glog as it just winks out of existence once they find themselves at the edge of the campground.
"So this is where the healers are? I expected a temple or something. This looks more like a village." Raheeda scratches her head and looks around for signs. "Any clue where we go from here?"
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Gullara wrote: May 16, 2023 3:46 am [Birb Babysitting]

The girls turn toward Kes. not having been paying much attention until she spoke up. Before there's any answers forthcoming, one of the two—with her hair done up in space buns and wearing a loose, patterned green top—lets out a little squeal. She drops her armful of rocks and takes a step closer, her eyes fixed on Silver, but then seems to remember herself. "Can I pet your puppy?" She asks with pleading eyes for Kes.

The other child, with a low bun and a yellow patterned dress, seems more composed in the face of dog. "Uh huh, we're going there right now." She answers. "Oh, you're the new person Sakura talked about. What's your name?" She suddenly realizes. Kes would recognize Sakura's name as belonging to one of the people who run the daycare operation.
[Birb Babysitting]

Kestrel couldn't help but smile at the first girl's reaction upon seeing Silver. She very much felt the same way about the little pup- even if he could be a little rascal. "Yeah, of course you can!" Stepping forwards into a crouch, she held the cub ahead of her. Silver immediately began to sniff at the young girl, his paws flailing slightly in the air. Kestrel felt that she should probably put him down soon, but she still slightly worried about him running off and getting into trouble. So for now the cub would have to suffer the indignity of being carried around.

"Oh, that's a nice coincidence. You've heard of me?" The birdgirl softly chuckled. "Well, I'm Kestrel! And this little scamp here's called Silver. What's yours?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley looks around as the lightning orb disappears, blinking away afterimages from it. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but a cozy summer camp locale was definitely not it. Still, it's a lot better than a chemical storage shed or a haunted boat.

"Your guess is as good as mine," he says tiredly, leaning on his spear. The trek was quite tiring, winding up some pretty steep mountain trails, and Harley's wounds have been protesting the whole time. But hopefully the destination will make it worth the effort.

Cupping his hands in front of his face, he calls out to the campsite. "Helloooo! We come in peace!" Any time he shouts, the mask distorts his words somewhat, giving them a tinny quality.
horses can attack and eat me
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

If either of the visitors are attuned to such things, they might feel or see the spirits that guard the campsite. More mundanely, they are approached by a short, blonde goblin woman.

"Yes, hello. Thank you for announcing yourself clearly," she observes. "My name is Reelshka Trollfinger and this is GLoG. How can we help you? Did you teleport here?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Raheeda, the woman in the mask, gives Reekshka a puzzled expression. "Uh, no. Should we have?" She points at a thumb at the place where the wisp disappeared. "Since a dragon pointed us this way with the sparky thing." A beat. "There aren't more dragons here are there?" Another pause. "You aren't a dragon in disguise, right?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley tilts his head as Reelshka approaches. He's never seen a goblin before, but he's certainly not going to say that out loud. Instead, he bows stiffly.

"Greetings, Ms. Trollfinger. As my compatriot says, a dragon directed us here. And I am seeking help, specifically healing. I have a lot of wounds and I did a frankly awful job at stitching them up myself, so... yeah." The subtle strain in his voice goes to show just how much pain he's actually in.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: May 28, 2023 8:45 am [Birb Babysitting]

Kestrel couldn't help but smile at the first girl's reaction upon seeing Silver. She very much felt the same way about the little pup- even if he could be a little rascal. "Yeah, of course you can!" Stepping forwards into a crouch, she held the cub ahead of her. Silver immediately began to sniff at the young girl, his paws flailing slightly in the air. Kestrel felt that she should probably put him down soon, but she still slightly worried about him running off and getting into trouble. So for now the cub would have to suffer the indignity of being carried around.

"Oh, that's a nice coincidence. You've heard of me?" The birdgirl softly chuckled. "Well, I'm Kestrel! And this little scamp here's called Silver. What's yours?"
[Birb Babysitting]

"Yeeees." The eager girl immediately starts petting Silver and giving him scritches under the chin. "I'm Eshe!" She adds, not getting so distracted as to not answer.

"My name's Orlane." The other replies. "Sakura just said someone new was coming, not anything about you though. You want us to take you to see her?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

"I saw the flash and I thought... well, never mind." A weird assumption on Reelshka's part. "For the record, no, I'm not a dragon, but we do need to get you to the infirmary quickly. Can you walk? It's not far."

[Demons and Demigods]

Sophie is in the daycare again, to leave her boys there and get some advice. She's throwing herself into motherhood with verve and determination.

[Arrivals]

"Hmm. I always did want to go to England someday. Sounds like I might finally get to do it," Sophie jokes.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Not a dragon? That did sound like something a dragon would say. Raheeda gives the tiny woman a skeptical look. "...well, good. Since neither of can teleport." And Raheeda found the concept of teleportation rather terrifying. "And as he said, he needs your very best healing." Maybe she was a cleric or something?
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
Sekhmet is also here, having dropped off her own infant son. Now that the Brignoles live off in Seaside, she and Sophie see much less of each other. "Hi Sophie!" Sekhmet is glad to see her friend again. "How are you? And the boys?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley gives a tired thumbs up. "Yeah, I walked all the way here. Which might not have been very good for me, but I don't have any other way of getting around. I couldn't even teleport before the whole- well, that's a long story." A dismissive gesture. "Lead on, if you'd be so kind. And thank you."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Arrivals

"If you do go to England, and it's the one I'm from, uh, I'll give you a list published by the Lord Protector. It's full of names of people that he wants arrested or killed. And if you could bring back a newer one, and any newspapers or whatever you can, I'd appreciate it." Although that is assuming that if Sophie does go to England, she has the opportunity to source such things. That might not exist in Natalie's England's version of Cornwall.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

"Let's hurry, then." Reelshka is certainly a very down to business person. She leads the two guests to a building that looks like a larger version of the other cabins, but has a medical facility inside. It's currently staffed by a slim ape-folk woman with a tail. "Doctor Jazzari, this man needs medical attention."

"I can see as much. Please get on the table and we can begin."

"Though, while we're here, please also give me your names."

[Demons and Demigods]

"Hello, Sekhmet. I'm doing just fine. So are the boys, if their activity is any indication. Say hello to Sekhmet, Janos." She lifts up one of the babies. He's busy chewing on a pacifier and makes a noise that probably isn't a greeting. He does peer at Sekhmet with bright blue eyes. Sophie herself is more chipper than Sekhmet has ever seen her, if also obviously tired. "And you? How are you settling into your new house?"

[Arrivals]

Sophie gives Natalie a sympathetic look. She can't possibly turn down this request. Natalie has endured her circumstances with admirable stoicism.

"Of course. It will be easy enough to do it if I end up there."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Arrivals

"Thank you. I'd appreciate it." With that, I think daycare things can start to happen? Unless you want me to bring up that list.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Raheeda tilts her head as she sees the... human?
Oh Yul, was that actually a human or... suddenly she couldn't be sure. Did some humans actually have fur and tails? Dwarves had face fur and they were also considered humans by their empire, right?

As she is considering how to avoid a potential faux pas she suddenly realizes that she's being asked a question by the tiny woman.
"Uh, Raheeda." She replies as she looks down at Reelshka, trying to get a better idea if she was a human or not. Didn't look very human... "Eh, Harley is human by the way!" She thinks to clarify while her mind is obsessing about species. "Just so you know to use... human-healing."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"Oh, it's lovely. Living by the sea is a dream come true, and my garden is coming along so nicely," Sekhmet stares off into the distance thinking about it.
"I did have a very strange visitor the other day," she adds, "Some sort of 'sidereal' something or other. She wanted to help with a problem in my cult." Sekhmet mostly hopes there aren't more like Hiep out there. One was enough of a nuisance.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Demons and Demigods]

That catches Sophie's attention. One of the words Sekhmet said...

"A Sidereal? Did she say she's a Sidereal Exalted, specifically?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"Uh," Sekhmet has to think back. "Uh, yes? I think those were her exact words." Why? Does Sophie know something Sekhmet doesn't? It seems likely. "Is something wrong?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Morty wrote: May 30, 2023 5:49 pm [Finding GLoG]

"Let's hurry, then." Reelshka is certainly a very down to business person. She leads the two guests to a building that looks like a larger version of the other cabins, but has a medical facility inside. It's currently staffed by a slim ape-folk woman with a tail. "Doctor Jazzari, this man needs medical attention."

"I can see as much. Please get on the table and we can begin."

"Though, while we're here, please also give me your names."
Shadowcaller wrote: May 30, 2023 6:08 pm Raheeda tilts her head as she sees the... human?
Oh Yul, was that actually a human or... suddenly she couldn't be sure. Did some humans actually have fur and tails? Dwarves had face fur and they were also considered humans by their empire, right?

As she is considering how to avoid a potential faux pas she suddenly realizes that she's being asked a question by the tiny woman.
"Uh, Raheeda." She replies as she looks down at Reelshka, trying to get a better idea if she was a human or not. Didn't look very human... "Eh, Harley is human by the way!" She thinks to clarify while her mind is obsessing about species. "Just so you know to use... human-healing."
Harley follows Reelshka into the medical center, looking around curiously. He's never seen buildings with this kind of architecture, or technology. At the apperance of Jazzari, he tilts his head. This land seems to have an unusually large number of animal-people, which makes him feel a little less out of place. Admittedly he doesn't have animal features anymore (aside from his mask) but still.

Raising a hand in greeting to the doctor, he clambers onto the table with a wince. Oh yeah, he has a spear. He offers it to Raheeda. "Did you want this back? I don't think we need it here at least."

He nods at Raheeda's introduction. "That's me, Harley LaLune the human. Hundred percent human right here."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

Reelshka and Jezzari share a look that suggests they're more doubtful of Harley being a human now than before. Still, Jezzari will an examination of Harley's wounds and initial treatment.

"What caused these wounds?" she asks as she does it.

[Demons and Demigods]

Sophie shakes her head.

"No, nothing is wrong. I'm simply surprised. How to explain this... do you remember when I told you I'm a demigoddess? The proper term is 'Solar Exalted'. And this woman you met is a 'Sidereal Exalted'. We're of the same kind... but chosen by different patrons." She looks down at Bertin, who is squirming and craning his neck towards Sekhmet. "What is it, Bertin? Want to take a closer look?" She puts down Janos and picks up the other baby.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Raheeda accepts the spear back. "Oh you never know when you might need a spear. That's what I always say. They have so many functions. Like a poker, a measurement tape, a backscratcher, a jumping pole..." She rambles on. Not putting away either spear.

It's not until the doctor asks that she stops mentioning things.

"Oh, the sea. And some pirates." A beat. "Also a ghost so he might be infected. Might be best to burn his wounds. I hear that scares the ghosts away."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

As Raheeda talks about the versatility of pointy sticks, Harley gingerly shrugs off his jacket and begins to unbutton his shirt, revealing some of the worst wound stitching the doctor may have ever seen, clearly done without medical knowledge and likely infected.

"The sea, yes. Well, the reefs actually." He indicates several deep lacerations on his rib cage and chest. "This was a sharp rock, I think," gesturing to three deep punctures in his left leg, "This might have been a shark," about a jagged gouge on his shoulder, "And the rest I'm not quite sure. Getting slashed by some bushes when I tumbled down that hill."

He taps the side of his mask. "Think I hit my head pretty hard a couple times, but not much you can probably do about that." And the patchwork of old scars that cover his back are luckily long since healed.

"Yeah, burning might be a good idea," he says doubtfully. He doesn't like it, but it sounds right.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"Oh. Huh." Sekhmet is looking at Sophie funny. She's comparing her to Hiep in her mind.
"So, uh, what does it mean to be a Solar Exalted? What do you do?" Other than the therapy. Sekhmet knows about that.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

Fortunately, Jazzari is pretty used to patients having different ideas about medicine, so Raheeda's suggestions don't phase her overmuch. The quality of Harley's existing stitches is rather more concerning.

"Thank you for the suggestion, Raheeda. I'm going to need to take out those stitches and disinfect the wounds. It will hurt, I'm afraid. Is your mask possible to remove? That would let me examine your head."

[Demons and Demigods]

"It means a deity called the Unconquered Sun chose me. Before you ask, I don't know why. I can guess, but the Sun didn't say anything to me. Just... invested his power in me." Sophie doesn't sound particularly happy about it, even as she cradles her son, who is staring directly at Sekhmet. "I've been able to piece some things together since. Some by asking another Exalt I've met. A Solar's power is a sort of... extension of who they already were. Human abilities escalated to heroic or supernatural proportions. That's how I can always tell what people are thinking. I've heard Sidereal Exalted can bend fate and destiny to their purposes."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Raheeda has put down the spears besides her on the ground and claps her hands excitedly. "Ohh! An exorcism!"
She takes off her rucksack and reaches into it to pull out a handful of candles. One which she hands to Reelshka. "So the ghosts don't go after you once they flee." She explains with a nod.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley shakes his head sadly. "If the mask was removable, I wouldn't be hurt in the first place. No, as far as I know there's no way to get it off." He rubs his hands briskly. "I have a very high pain tolerance, so do whatever you need to."

At Raheeda's exclamation, he pauses in confusion. "I got enough exercise getting here, I don't think I need any more..."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"I, uh, guess that's why you're such a good therapist?" Sekhmet wonders. Then she's told that Sidereals might be able to alter fate to their whims. She looks concerned about that. "I, uh, hope not." Considering Hiep's considerable lust, Sekhmet doesn't want to imagine the possibility. After all, while Hiep didn't seem specifically interested in her, she showed interest in other succubus-like people.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

"I was afraid of that," Jezzari says in response to the mask being immovable. But she gets to work removing the stitches and disinfecting wounds. Reelshka, meanwhile, breathes out through her nose.

"That... won't be necessary." She doesn't accept the candle. "Our method of healing doesn't involve exorcisms. Or ghosts."

[Demons and Demigods]

"I wouldn't worry about it too much. She's powerful, like any Exalted, but Sidereals can't alter fate at a whim. They need to nudge things carefully. I can find out more if you want, though. The powers of the Exalted are varied. Some of the Solars, like me, can even learn the abilities of other supernatural beings, like gods, demons or..." Sophie's train of thought is interrupted when Bertin reaches for Sekhmet with tiny hands. "Oh, my. You are curious. Do you want to hold him?" she asks the devil-queen.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
Sekhmet breathes a sigh of relief at that description. "Uh, sure," Sekhmet gently takes the baby from Sophie. "So you could learn any power from a demon like me?" she asks, curious. Sekhmet has a lot of powers. Sophie's seen some of them, like throwing fire and shapeshifting, and been informed of others, like telepathy and dream manipulation.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Demons and Demigods]

Bertin tries to grab onto Sekhmet's hands and arms with his fingers. Of course, being an infant, he's quite clumsy about it.

"Not any power." Sophie considers it as she watches her son. "I don't entirely understand it, but I think we can learn powers that particularly embody or characterize a given spirit. Eclipse caste Solars, as we're called, are meant to be diplomats who walk between worlds. So this seems to reflect that." She peers at Sekhmet and a twinkle appears in her eyes. "But yes, I could learn something from you. It might be worth a try, if you're willing. So I can understand it better."