Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

Thariza collides with Emily, her hammer ringing down! That looks like it hurt! The expression on Emily's face, a grimace, implies as much.

... But does Thariza have the celerity to avoid Emily's retaliation? The massive woman's arms are closing around her; it seems Emily is pushing through the pain in an attempt to grapple her now much closer sparring partner!
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
"I don't know if I can do this," Sekhmet answers, cautiously. She begins to explain, "I saw inside their minds. They're hurting, terribly. To pass them off to you... I don't know if I can just abandon them like that. Not when I can help." In other words, she's rethinking the plan. Maybe it's a good thing?
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: May 23, 2023 10:43 pm [Hog Heaven]

"Oh, hey, I'm... wary enough of snakes," Tsumi admits. "But not so much when they're attached to somebody. That wouldn't seem fair."

"And the whole petrifying thing, well. I figured if you were gonna do that to somebody, you coulda done it already. So either you can't do it, or you can turn it on and off. Which is pretty convenient," she decides. "Not that I think you have any trouble making people turn to stone without it."

"I'm not really much of one for, uh, danger. In that way," she says. "I like to relax. You know. Take things slow. Until it's time for not-slow. I guess."
Morty wrote: May 23, 2023 8:18 pm [Well Training]

"Right on. I'm just getting started." Thariza steps forward, bashing her weapons together as another image of a Charr appears above her. This time it doesn't attack, but seems to make her stronger. She throws her axe, which lands behind Emily... and then she teleports to it, spinning around to deliver a blow to the larger woman's back.

[Riverside Moonwell]

"No, no." Hiep waves her hand. "I'm talking about the gods of woods, mountains, fields and rivers around him. It might be hard to convince them to touch this goop, but they might also want it gone."
[Riverside Moonwell]

"Oh of course. Those gods."

Anika takes another look at the corpse before she backs away from it and looks up at Hiep again.

"So what are those gods? Do they look like bird and elk people?"

[Hog Heaven]

"Ah, of course. Seeing me as scary wouldn't be fair. Guess I need to add that to my dating profile so people know how unfairly they're treating me." Dena remarks with sly smile. "I'm kidding though, I can get dates easily." Dena slowly lifts her injured leg and gently kicks the air.
"But not one for danger, eh? Honestly, that sounds cute coming from someone like yourself. Didn't expect a seasoned bartender and brawler to be so... adorable." She winks.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on May 26, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

Silent Feathers regards Sekhmet for a moment. She's... earnest, to be certain. He hasn't seen something like this in a long while.

"It is noble, to take up a duty you didn't ask for because you are needed." She needs to hear it. "You called them to come meet you, so we need to see it through. But when they see you... if you wish to stay with them and guide them, then helping me can be your chance to bond with them, rather than usher them under my wing."

[Riverside Moonwell]

Hiep shrugs.

"Some might. I'd have to check up on the local gods. Does it sound weird, the way I talk about gods?"

[Well Training]

Thariza isn't quick enough to avoid the grapple. This spells trouble for her, unless she can come up with some kind of trick. For now, she struggles, trying to pry Emily's arms apart.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

"Nice move. Would have worked better if I wasn't expecting it," rather than force her to struggle, Emily lets go of Thariza and backs off a couple large steps, "I'd been watching for teleportation ever since our last encounter."

She raises her blade again, wordlessly asking if Thariza wants to keep going.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
"Right," That's what Sekhmet thinks, she's glad Feathers isn't upset that she'll be going back on part of the deal. "I'm, uh, not exactly sure how." Of course there's no right answer to the question of how to bond with people. At least Sekhmet has an in with these cultists by being their deity.
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Rebonack wrote: May 12, 2023 7:07 pm [Tower of Oujet]

Laz just tears into those tentacles but they are, of course, a distraction. They exist for the sole purpose of keeping her occupied to prevent her from doing damage to parts of the squidbus that are actually important for it to continue to function. Like its head. Or the places where the tings attach to the body. If those got messed up then this thing would be in real trouble!

But no.

It's going to keep sprouting more of those awful snake-like chompy bits to continue biting at Laz. Sure they have a lot of trouble getting through her armor, but that really doesn't matter. So long as she's occupied they're doing their job.

This is, of course, when things get worse.

A large bloody boil bulges up out of the monster's impure flesh in Laz' proximity, rapidly growing larger until it explodes violently. This of course sprays boiling blood chalk full of corrupt chaos magic everywhere like some sort of eldritch bomb.
Saint Lazarus sure would feel stupid if she ever realized she was doing little more than trimming the squidbus's hair equivalent, slicing up tentacles that don't even do anything just so the undead flying transport can continue to move zombies around uninterrupted.

Wait...wait, what the hell is that thing? Is that a boil? Why is there suddenly a boil on the squidbus, why is it growing so quickly and what does it-

Jenette opens her eyes, immediately confronted with several very unfortunate things. Firstly, she's in an unbelievable amount of pain, her body screaming in agony from the boiling blood that seeped into her armor and scalded what feels like just about every inch of her skin. Secondly, she's still here. Not alive by most definitions, but still conscious and sentient if she can feel this much pain, right? So that's a point in her favor. Thirdly, the squidbus is still here too. Directly below her and around her, thanks to a last-second choice to try to survive the explosion by going prone and plunging her forearms into the beast's wounds. That explosion didn't kill the bus, unfortunately.

So she's not done yet. Saint Lazarus might be in excruciating pain, and her sword has likely been flung miles away into the woods, but the monster is still aloft, and she's still capable of balling her hand into a fist, so this isn't over yet. The job isn't complete. It's time to get back up and fight. The squidbus is going down if it's the last thing she does, so help-

Oops! Never mind, as soon as she got back up she tripped and fell back over again. The squidbus can carry on with its mission, maybe even try a spin or something to dislodge the rogue zombie on its back. I'm sure once it takes care of that little pest everything will be fine, though. I mean, it's not like there's a bear with a magical warhead about to obliterate all its blood-zombie friends, right?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Tower of Oujet]

We'll start with Laz since she's over there at the moment.

She's still got those terrible toothed tendrils nipping at her, but as we mentioned earlier they have trouble doing much to her thanks to her armor. This is a pretty dire situation for Laz since it wouldn't take much to dislodge her at the moment. How well does she do with really long falls? Okay? Bad? We'll probably find out here pretty soon because something very important just happened.

Anika pushed a button.

Not just ANY button.

THE button.

That giant death ray from the apex of the tower once again sizzles through the air and slams into the blood zombie portal, obliterating it and sending snaking arcs of raw arcane power rippling through all the blood zombies and blasting them to ashes. This includes, as it happens, the squidbus.

Which Laz is currently laying on top of.

Before it got obliterated out from under her the squidbus was heading toward the tower for another pass, but now its ashes and Laz is descending in a generally downward but still towery direction. Anika might be able to grab the ghoulie if she moves quickly enough?

Also!

The Eye of Oujet is still up there on its mounting, still crackling with arcane power. That's the thing they were supposed to retrieve for safe keeping in the VIGIL vault. Though the focusing mechanism in the tower is totally burned out at this point the eye itself is perfectly fine.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: May 23, 2023 8:23 pm Maids on a Train
"I didn't," Jade counters the statement about copying the mermaid's spell. "You said something about a moon prism and held your wand above your head. I pointed my wand at you and just said whatever came to mind. You tried to give yourself legs, I tried to give you legs. They're completely different."
The complaints about magic being unfair draws out a sympathetic expression. "No, it's not fair," Jade confirms. "I didn't want magic at all. I'm an engineer, not a wizard." Could the mermaid get legs through magic? "I don't know," Jade responds, "As I said, magic is fickle and unpredictable. It might give you legs, but it might not."

[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid can't really see how what she did and what Jade did are substantively different. "Unless magic is repeatable and consistent, then it shouldn't really matter if things are done exactly the same every time, I think," she says.

Enough about magic, though!
Jade just said something that was slightly more interesting than magic.
"Oh! Right, engineering!" the mermaid says. She stops wiggling her hips and the firey tail. She instead looks more intently at Jade.
"More importantly, what kind of engineering do you do? Metallurgy and plastics are kinda hard to do underwater, but ceramics are really useful. Actually, I imagine civil engineering is really different, too."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
That doesn't make any sense to Jade, and she says so. "That doesn't make any sense." But then she's asked questions about something she actually cares about.
"I'm an electrical engineer. I work with circuits and stuff." That's definitely not something that can easily be done underwater.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: May 27, 2023 2:16 pm Maids on a Train
That doesn't make any sense to Jade, and she says so. "That doesn't make any sense." But then she's asked questions about something she actually cares about.
"I'm an electrical engineer. I work with circuits and stuff." That's definitely not something that can easily be done underwater.

[Maids on a Train]

"Oh!" the mermaid exclaims. "I know somebody who does that. The electrical engineering stuff."

The mermaid adjusts how she's laying. [color#88cc88]"Hm. All the circuits and and wires would probably get corroded in seawater, right? But maybe you could use, I dunno, ion channels or something in place of wires?"[/color] She looks over at Jade, and asks her: "Hey, would that still fall under 'electrical engineering'? Do you think that would work? If you use ions and little tubes instead of electricity and wires?"

The mermaid realizes maybe Jade wouldn't find that kind of question so interesting. So she tacks on another question that she assumes Jade would find a lot more interesting, "What sorts of things have you made, anyway?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"If you want electronics to work underwater, usually people just coat the wires in rubber or plastic." That's a much more straightforward solution, "But I don't see why using a conductive fluid wouldn't work." She's asked what exactly she does. "Mostly I work with holographic projectors." She's pretty sure the mermaid knows what those are, if not how they work.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: May 25, 2023 8:27 pm [Riverside Moonwell]

Hiep shrugs.

"Some might. I'd have to check up on the local gods. Does it sound weird, the way I talk about gods?"

[Well Training]

Thariza isn't quick enough to avoid the grapple. This spells trouble for her, unless she can come up with some kind of trick. For now, she struggles, trying to pry Emily's arms apart.
[Riverside Moonwell]

Anika shrugs. "Most people sound weird to me the way they talk about stuff. Especially when it concerns goblin magic or tech as they call it which I'm pretty sure is one of those short-cut words. But I probably sound weird to them too considering most of us are from different places, y'know? But your gods sound a bit like the ancients of my world which are great, uh, nature spirits. Figure they wouldn't be fan of this goo either."

[Well Training]

Ambrosia continues to watch them before silently, having finished her tea she can now put her full attention on the fight. She wouldn't want to interrupt it however regardless of how close it seemed to be finished.

[Tower of Oujet]

Unfortunately, Anika is too mesmerized by the colorful beam and all the beautiful destruction that followed in its wake to immediately notice the now falling Laz. She will probably spot her... eventually. Might help if the ghoul knight could draw attention to herself somehow.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 25, 2023 1:01 pm [Hog Heaven]

"Ah, of course. Seeing me as scary wouldn't be fair. Guess I need to add that to my dating profile so people know how unfairly they're treating me." Dena remarks with sly smile. "I'm kidding though, I can get dates easily." Dena slowly lifts her injured leg and gently kicks the air.
"But not one for danger, eh? Honestly, that sounds cute coming from someone like yourself. Didn't expect a seasoned bartender and brawler to be so... adorable." She winks.
[Hog Heaven]

"You should try it when you're as big as me and look like this," Tsumi says, spreading her arms. It wasn't as though everyone she might like to date went for the big, muscular oni either. "I'm sure we can pump you up some, if you wanna find out. Not that you look too soft." Tsumi smiles.

"Do I think danger is fun? Do I want it in my bed? No and no," Tsumi says, and Dena gets another tiny blush out of her. "Anyone who really knows danger doesn't want more of it. You know what I mean?" She crosses her heavy arms, trying to look big and scary. Big scary blue lady with horns! Grr! "Adorable, huh?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Hog Heaven]

Dena nods as she settles her foot down on the ground again. "Yeah, I get your drift. But it's like one of those machine-parks with rides that are around here. Or the 'zoo' places humans keep. Y'know, the ones with the savage beasts in 'em? People wanna' feel like they're in danger, look at danger, but know they're not actually in danger. Since danger in itself ain't fun. Not the kind that kills you at least. It's more like getting as close to danger as possible without it actually being dangerous."

She gestures to Tsumi. "Since let me ask you this, what would you wanna' pet knowing that neither would harm you? A kitten or a lion? While a lion can look scary knowing that it's not makes it just as, if not more, adorable as a kitten." Her gesture turns into a waving motion in the oni's direction. "And you'd be the lion in that analogue."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hog Heaven]

Tsumi considers her response for a moment, shifting her weight and leaning a hand on one hip. "All that to try to say... you'd like to pet me?" She shows her teeth and gently growls, "Since I'm adorable. And pointy. But oh so cuddly, you think?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Riverside Moonwell]

"I don't think anyone is a fan of this goo. But yes, that might be. Minor spirits and such. I should be able to convince them. Terrestrial gods are often deferential when dealing with a Sidereal." Hiep stretches. "But aside from that... do you know a place where we could finish having sex without all the dead bodies and goo? Those bastards showed up right when things were getting good."

[Well Training]

"I should have expected you to see it coming," Thariza admits. "I must be losing my edge. Let's take a break, though."

[Hunting Lodge]

"There is no one way to do it. You must speak with them, listen to them and address their concerns." Perhaps not as reassuring as Sekhmet hoped. "One thing I can tell you is to try to get them to say what they think, rather than what they believe you want to hear. I can ask some of my elves to gauge their mood from the outside." Hiep could also do it but Sekhmet might not be very eager to ask for her help.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
"Uh, please do," Sekhmet confirms. That kind of assistance would be very useful. "I, uh, don't have anything else to do before the meeting tomorrow, do you have anywhere I can stay the night?"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: May 28, 2023 1:41 am Maids on a Train
"If you want electronics to work underwater, usually people just coat the wires in rubber or plastic." That's a much more straightforward solution, "But I don't see why using a conductive fluid wouldn't work." She's asked what exactly she does. "Mostly I work with holographic projectors." She's pretty sure the mermaid knows what those are, if not how they work.

[Maids on a Train]

"Waterproofing would definitely work," the mermaid says, mostly to herself because she thinks better aloud, "but that would leave mermaids entirely dependent on the goodwill of foreign companies for everything from manufacturing and distribution to maintenance and might also cause a class divide between near-shore and deep-sea mermaids..." She strokes her chin and continues musing: "Unless, of course, they had a reliable way to get and move around on land," forgetting, of course, that she herself is a mermaid who is on land.

Well, enough about that.
"I wonder what it would take to get holographic projectors working underwater. I mean, don't they project stuff into the air? But the water would be, like, a different medium, with, y'know, different physical properties. You ever seen any that work in water, or do they only work in air?" the mermaid asks. "Or, like, does it not even matter?"
It seems, when it comes to technology, at the moment the mermaid seems the most interested in learning how it works in water. Which is, admittedly, understandable given who she is.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"It does matter! The mechanisms are the same, but projectors need to be recalibrated to account for the different speed of light through water." Jade is pleased that the mermaid asked such a clever question that's related to her expertise. This is a much better topic than magic.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

This was a terrible idea.

That's where we start, isn't it? With terrible ideas.

Great plan, Dizzy. Just fantastic. Why are you leading with a terrible idea of all things? Couldn't you start with a GOOD idea? Wouldn't that be, by definition, a better idea? Maybe? Just a little?

But no.

Nope!

Not doing that. Not doing that even a little. No, it's all terrible ideas all the way down. Like if terrible ideas were ontologically dubious celestial turtles then there would be no bottom to them. Terrible turtle ideas without beginning or end. Just an absolute bottomless pit of terrible terrapin ideas.

...okay, this isn't helping any.

No reason to beat yourself up over this, Dizzy. No reason at all! Just. Solutions. Look around and come up with some solutions. What have you got available to you?

Okay. Hanging upside from a tree. The tree is DEFINITELY not a sympathetic actor in this story. Can you diplomatic the tree? Seduce it? Intimidate it into politely lower you to the ground? No? Okay that isn't going anywhere but it's a start! What's next? Chains lashed around ankles with a padlock. Nope. While you might be pretty strong, Dizzy, you definitely are NOT break chains with your bare hands while hanging upside down sort of strong.

Oogh that's the feeling of too much blood going to your head, isn't it? Getting hung upside down by your ankles sucks. Feeling a little, haha, a little dizzy, maybe? Oh God not the puns. Are you really going to be making stupid puns shortly before getting bludgeoned to death?

Hook on the chain holding you up. Another chain attached to THAT attached to the pulley on the branch. Every single one of your limbs is likewise chained in place. How the HECK did you even get into this mess in the first place, anyway? Honestly nothing about this situation makes any sense. How DID those awful little piggy rabbity gobliny little snots manage to get the jump on you in the first place? By all logical accounts it doesn't make any sense and yet here you are dangling while they dance around jabbering and shaking their clubs.

Oof. That throbbing at the back of your head might explain something.

Suckerpunched.

Or...

Sucker... clubbed.

What were you doing... again... before you woke up here?

No, focus! Getting down.

"You snotty little jerks had better let me go!"

Yeah! Get assertive! That'll definitely change their mind! Oh, hmm, two of them just looked up at you and ran off! That might be a good sign! Maybe they're FEARFUL of your imposing presence!

Oh, wait, no, they're just wheeling a big cauldron over here here and setting it up under you.

Never mind.

"HELP!"

Yeah!

That's the ticket!

Damsel in distress!

"HELP THESE COLORFUL LITTLE RAT-PIGS ARE GOING TO COOK ME!"

That'll definitely get someone's attention before you die horribly, yes sir.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
There's a painful lack of reply.

For a few seconds

"Help coming! Raaaaaaaarrgh!" someone roars, most likely drawing the attention of the weird pig goblins. Someone... No, something is coming. That shadow is way too big and quadrupedal to be human. But whatever it is, it's coming fast and loud, crashing through the vegetation and... Oh, nevermind, it is someone. Someone riding a large elk that would be majestic if it weren't galloping at full tilt towards the goblins like the devil himself is behind it. The rider, clearly, is not human. Green scales and a toothy maw make that very clear, but he is humanoid, plus he's wearing clothes and wielding gear that looks like it was properly made and not cobbled together like what pigish goblins might use. An axe is gripped in his right hand, black iron inlaid with golden flames, and a shield is on his left arm, bronze inlaid with a platinum device in the shape of a lightning bolt. A bow and quiver are slung across his back.
He doesn't look much like Prince Charming (except maybe those muscles) but he does seem like he's come to rescue Dizzy. Hopefully she doesn't mind being rescued by a lizardman.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Dumb dumb dumb you are definitely going to die.

You're going to get cooked up in that pot and that'll be it. What were you even DOING out here you giant dope?

And now someone's shouting. Help coming, huh? Okay, things are looking up! And now you're grinning like an idiot as some sort of iguana looking guy comes charging in on a... what even is that? An elk? Haha oh God seriously a lizard on a giant deer? Okay, well, not to be picky or anything but this whole situation just keeps getting more surreal.

Cool now the pig-goblin things are screaming and waving their arms around. Half the little jerks are running around like gerbils that just saw and snake and the other half are running toward the lizard guy to start clubbing. Well at least his audacious display immediately routed half the tribe and oh they're just going over there to get their bows and arrows, aren't they? Terrific. Now Prince Lizard is going to be getting shot at in the next, oh, fifteen seconds or so.

"Hey! HEY! Cut me down and I can help!"

You're just waggling back and forth up there like an oversized chain-covered pinata you absolute walnut. What are you going to do to the pig-goblins? Flop at them aggressively? What's he going to be seeing here? Some tall ginger strung up like a side of pork about to get dunked in the stew? About the only thing you've obviously got going for you is that you're just shy of seven feet but he probably doesn't know that makes you a runt compared to the rest of your kind.

No, just hang around and let him do his job. That'll probably save everyone some embarrassment.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
Hey now. He could always ride off somewhere else so don't diss the rescue. The lizardman swings the axe high as he rides past the bound Dizzy. The blade should shear cleanly through the mundane chains holding Dizzy up. "Will untie later." He keeps riding, swinging the axe low to strike at one of the goblins, and then leaps off his mount when the arrows start flying, deflecting a couple with his shield and using his momentum a smooth three-point landing behind the formation of archers. He raises the axe and it bursts into red and white flame. It's time to get serious.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Oh hey the lizardknight just chopped through the chain.

That's cool, that's cool.

Now you're falling face first towards the ground, Dizzy, did you actually think this one through? No. Of course you didn't. Maybe just try tucking your chin a bit and falling so your shoulder hits first instead of breaking your neck and you might actually survive this absolute flusterduck. Oh yeah that was a thud. Ow. Ow ow ow. Okay you can survive that no big deal just kinda... scrunch in the middle like a chain covered caterpillar and stand up.

Hey!

Easy!

And now there's a screaming pig-goblin running toward you with a spear! Apparently he really hasn't thought much about how well that'll work what with all the chains but just... kinda hop out of the way and belly-flop on the little snot. There's a nice meaty thunk and now he's squealing and wriggling around a bunch. Lurch up and shoulder slam the gross gremlin until he stops. Done. Cool. Okay. Still alive. Check in on the lizard guy.

And make sure to keep those kitty ears swiveled toward the rest of the goblins so they don't sneak up and club you silly again. "Hey! You doing alright over there!"

He sure as sunshine LOOKS like he's doing okay. He just did some ostentatious SUPER HERO LANDING straight into the middle of the archers and now they're firing blindly in a panic.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

Silent Feathers strokes his chin in thought.

"If you go down to the village, my elves can find a place for you. They're friendly folk, but might be a little intimidated by you."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
Yeah he looks like he's doing okay. He's certainly a competent fighter. He charges through the wild hail of arrows with burnished shield and flaming axe upraised, swinging viciously at the nearest pair of goblin archers. "Am well! Crawl safe place!" he shouts back.

Hunting Lodge
"I'm, uh, used to it." Lots of people are intimidated by a demon queen in their midst. "I'll, uh, see you tomorrow." Sekhmet prepares to head down to the village and look for an inn, or failing that, someone who seems in charge enough to ask for lodging. Hopefully no supernaturally empowered nuisances show up to distract her from getting a good night's sleep.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Okay but what the heck IS that guys, anyway? Obviously not big enough to be a giant. YOU hardly count as one, scrawny as you are.

"I'm not going to hide from these little snots!"

Oh hey that's an arrow in the leg. Fun. Right between the chains, too. Nice shot. It doesn't really stick in, of course. Your skin is as thick as your head after all. Still stings like a bitch, though.

"Okay, okay I'm crawling."

Yes! Scootch in the dirt like an inchworm, oh mighty man of renown. Of all the sons of pride you're definitely the most radiant caked in mud as you are.

"Oh would you just shut up? Like for three minutes could you stuff it? I'm a bit busy scooting around behind this rock and I haven't got a ton patience right now for the peanut gallery."

Aaww, hit a nerve? Going to cry and writhe in the dirt? Maybe you could try-

"Elyon, please. I can't take this right now."

"Great. Great, thanks. Cool. Just gunna... scoot on over behind this rock here..."

Heave yourself upright. Breath. You're doing okay. Is he gone? ...hell you can't tell the difference between your thoughts and him prodding you half the time, idiot that you are. Is that his venom or yours. Deep breath. How's that terrific lizard doing?

Totally ripping the pig goblins a new one apparently? Cool. Looks like a route and the little jerks are fleeing. Maybe while he's cleaning up you can shake free? Bursting those chains should be easy for any half decent giant.

"HHHRRRRNNN! Ow ow ow!"

Sweet God above you're so pathetic.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
Yeah there's not much those mooks can do against that fearsome lizard man. Once he's chased off or eradicated the remaining foes, he turns his attention to their captive. "I set free. You hurt?" He grips the chains and tears them with his bare hands, likely shaming the giantess(?) even further. This guy looks strong, but not that strong.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Yep that's it.

Embarrassing defeat by whatever those tiny things were complete. Made even worse by QUESTIONS.

"I'm fine. Just a few knicks, nothing serious. What the sheol were those little orange bastards, anyway?"

And then he just casually rips the chains off. Like it's nothing. Like he was just ripping up a fresh clay tablet. Seriously? Is he that strong or are you just that pathetic? He's gotta be a giant that's somehow even shorter than you without being a total wimp.

Ugh. Everything hurts from that fall. Just stand up and check. Dumb lion paws? Mostly fine. Stupid buttwings? The buggy appendages are attached to the small of your back you basically fell directly on top of them you big idiot. Scorpiony tail? The jerks plucked all the stings because of course they did. Great. Jerks stole your boots, too, and there are your dumb horse feet.

At least you still have your padded armor and leggings.

"Uh. I think those things stole all my armor."

Fantastic.