Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[A Busy Morning]

Cat begins shaking her phone while giving it the stink-eye because that's just the sort of person she is.

"I was just getting good reception what's your problem, phone? Are you conspiring against me now too?"

Eventually she gives it an I'm on to you face while pointing at it accusingly and slips it back into her Magical Girl pocket were the rest of her stuff goes when she isn't brandishing it.

"Trog's sounds cool! I've never been in there since they sell beer and my mom says it's a place for hoodlums and degenerates."

Wow.

That was quite the vote of confidence.

"Your mom's the barmaid there, right? The one that blew up mountain-size on That Day? I was just a tiny kid when all that went down."

It seems like she's pretty okay on this plan.

"If you mom going to slap Kyubey if he tries creeping on us there?"

[Lair]

Well.

Sounds like they have maybe a plan then?

"We could check out her stylist."

This adventure is pretty odd.

But then again, the situation is very odd so maybe it isn't ACTUALLY odd?

Tags:
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Touring Inside

"I am sure. They have only a few rules but they are very important." After the Buttercupacolypse most Inside citizens got at least a basic lesson on fey rules.
"I also don't think they do duels. Not any I've heard of."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[A Busy Morning]

"...Ooh, yeah, about that..." Tahara winces. "I can go in, but I should warn you, the dumpster mimic and I have some unfinished business and we might have the bouncer watching us the whole time to make sure we- by which I mean the dumpster and I- don't eat each other." She grimaces. "But apart from that, it sounds like we have a..."

Oh, dangit.

"...plan." Tahara mutters, looking down at the five "busy" signals accompanying her messages. "...You know what? You girls go on ahead. Bring the others. I can't go near them anyway." She pockets her phone and gestures in a vague GLOGward direction. "I'm gonna go talk to Olympia. Or, you know, the heroine formerly known as Olympia. Since I'm still clear to do so and she might be able to weigh in productively."

[Making Trouble]

"I... I remember that having a girlfriend came up a lot. I guess that's not surprising if they're teaching Romance." Not-Mary rests her chin on her fist and thinks. "...I remember she had really pretty eyes. And a cute face. And I liked what she did with her hair. She was smart, too. And, um... vocal. I want to say she's brave, too, but I have no idea why I think that." Not-Mary blushes slightly and shakes her head. "Sorry, that doesn't help you any, does it? I wish I could be more help, but... I couldn't even tell you what color her hair is. Just that I remember liking it. A lot."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

"No deals or gifts, got it," Eu says, not slowing down on her trek toward Plum Mountain Park.
"But what if they're nice gifts?" Aivu inquires.
"No."
"Or cookies?"
"Definitely not."
"Or what about-?"

The conversation will continue more or less like that the whole way.

At least until-!

"That is one big plum tree," Eu comments, shading her eyes to peer at the redwood sized plum tree looming over the hill the park is situated on.
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Post by DeBunny »

[Ruinous]

The timeline is released, distancing itself a bit more from local time in the process. The star seems to be doing a number on it, wherever it is.
But it doesn't follow Sele, at least.

Meanwhile, Lapis stabs that giant tentacle and-!
It's a shame there isn't much of an audience here. It's pretty impression just how spectacularly it explodes, like one of those unrealistic scenes in a movie, where someone blows up an oil line and pieces of it explode down the whole length of thing into the existence.

Only in this instance, it disappears into the depths of the warehouse and then abruptly cuts off, instead of becoming an earth shattering kaboom that typically happens in this scenes, when the flames hit the central fuel reserve.
Also some of the exploding parts seem to emit little bubbles, and one errant monarch butterfly, rather than purely smoke and heat. Which is...weird.
But, ultimately, the line shoved out of this particular time shard seems to be pretty thoroughly evicted from the street.

There's still those other two though. One of them has an almost web-like lattice of what looks like mercury beginning to crawl over it.

[A Busy Morning]

Karaglen is entirely oblivious to the phone issues, not actually having one herself.
It's...somehow never come up? Maybe something else to revisit later.

Instead, she pouts about the "hoodlums and degenerates" thing.
"Hey, Mom works really hard to keep that place going. It's scarier to be walking on the streets than in Trog's."
Something she spends her own time trying to help with, but it's a bit of a fruitless effort in some ways.
Oh well, not worth getting worked up over, so she shrugs it off and turns herself in the direction of the zoo's exit.
"People keep mentioning 'That Day', but I...don't really remember it. I guess I was pretty young, too. Mom hasn't done the mountain thing recently that I know of, though!"

And then Tahara...decides that she isn't coming along, okay. That's a shame, she was pretty helpful here. But it sounds like she's going to go find them even more help, so that's okay too.
"Well, be careful out there Tahara. Don't taunt any rumbling gas canisters on your way!"
A little wave for her, full of pep and friendliness.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Ruinous]

Oh no!

An explosion!

Mother has instilled in Lapis a very deep understand of the fact that cool people don't look at explosions. You're supposed to walk away from them dramatically. But Lapis didn't know the tentacle would explode so much! Sure she had designed this Sword Art specifically to burn the gross magical goop the skinwalkers run on. But up until now she had only gotten a chance to use it on OTHER magical things. Maybe she had dialed it up a little too high?

Regardless, Lapis is flung away by the blast and lands pretty gracefully over yonder.

"I'm okay!"

Mostly.

Thankfully between the Energy and Motion spheres she's pretty adept at rolling with explosions to reduce the impact that they have on her as much as possible. But that still hurt! She'll have to be a little more careful and maybe throw her sword at it next time? The blast still rattled her and she can't quite reach her Light right now so she tries swording at the webby stuff in a slightly more regular swording sort of way.

"Selekhael do you think you can make a safe way into the building for us since I think that's where the badguy stuff is that we need to stop maybe?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Pontius' Custom Constructs]
quillpleasant wrote: Jul 02, 2023 10:42 pm Lia smiles at the origami dragon, observing it as she listens to Pontius. She nods at the idea of being paid in knowledge; finally, a bargain that makes complete sense to her.

"Excellent! You won't regret this, Pontius. When's the soonest we can do it?" Not that she's actually doing anything to help except provide moral support.
Earl of Purple wrote: Jul 06, 2023 1:32 pm "That depends on how long you need. Eight to twelve hours? I can do that in one, to finish off what's being built and getting other projects to a state they can safely be left. If you need a full day, you'll have to wait until tomorrow. There's a difference in getting things ready and stable for twelve hours as opposed to twenty-four, when it comes to animation. Longer than a day... that'd be the weekend, when there's less in anyway." But people are still in to work over the weekend; Pontius' products are primarily luxuries rather than necessities, meaning he wants to be open whenever there's the best chance of a customer passing by. That's weekends and evenings, primarily, though Pontius comes in anyway.
Sandels rolls his tongue in his mouth before answering. "I think I can squeeze it in twelve hours. If I can't make it, I can take a break and wait for you to do your day's work before finishing. I do have time to wait for tomorrow, so whichever's more convenient to you, really." He glances towards the exit. "Do you want to see what I'm working on before making a decision? Half of it is on a horse. The door's large enough to bring it in, but I wanted to ask first." He gives a meaningful look at the larger constructs around.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Pontius' Custom Constructs

"Frankly I'm not a hundred percent certain of what you're making myself," chimes in Lia, "Spirit armor seems fairly self explanatory but the details are still hazy, so it'll be exciting to finally see it."

She hesitates, then smiles ruefully. "Also, if tomorrow ends up being better, it'll give me a chance to ask some questions about the duel sooner rather than later. I know, I have too many. Just a couple more, I promise."
horses can attack and eat me
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Lair -> Hair and Tail Salon
It would be a pretty normal salon, if it weren't for the fact that the clientele and the stylists are all people with tails, both anthropomorphic and not. "Hi! Welcome! How can I help you?" The receptionist, a girl with the most enormously bushy squirrel tail, asks.

Making Trouble
"You remember that you liked her but not what she looked like." Mary frowns. "That's not exactly helpful. Maybe if you saw her again it would come back to you. But we don't know who she is and there are hundreds of girls at PREP." It's a big school.

Ruinous
"That's not really my specialty," Sele points out, but she examines the building anyway. "I think I can get us around it, if you come back over here."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Tomorrow would be easier, and it would also mean there's no pressure on you to get it finished on time. I've always found things take longer when I'm being pressured to complete it." Which might be why he once used plywood to bulk out the ebony used to build the new body of a vampire that... Earl can't remember why the vampire needed a new body. Maybe ask Lara, see if she remembers it.

"You can bring it in now, if you like. Horse and all. If the horse makes a mess, that's what Aspergo is for." He smiles as the vedalken apprentice starts to protest. "Somebody would need to tell the broom what to do, and you're the one who knows how to order it about. I'd have made you journeyman from that if you'd given it a straight-forward command sequence, no matter how efficient the alphanumeric method is it's impractical if nobody else can figure it out." The vedalken nods solemnly, accepting the criticism.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

"Well... yeah, basically." Not-Mary sighs. "I mean, you're right, I'd probably know her if I saw her again, but I won't until then."

A beat, then,

"Wait... am I being stupid about this, or did you just say you were going to help me after all?" Not-Mary asks hopefully.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

"Hmmm. Tomorrow it is, then", Sandels notes contemplatively. He goes to fetch Ser Persyval and soon comes back, pushing the wheelbarrow before him and with the metal warhorse following him. Sandels plucks the dented, skull-shaped visor from the wheelbarrow and then takes Ser Persyval's helmet off the saddle.

"As you can see, I have two different sets of armor here. I'm going to combine them to the extent it is possible, and make it so that the whole product folds in a neat, portable package. What gets left over, I will fashion into small arms." He drops the skull-visor back amidst other damaged armor pieces. "When I'm done, I can carry all of this out with one arm."

The horse breathes sulfurous air into the shop. A tail made of metal filaments swishes around as gaze of its fiery eyes wanders around the shop. The room immediately feels a bit darker and hotter for its presence. It taps the floor with its heavy hooves and some soot flakes off its blackened armor. Its eyes settle on the apprentice; in that moment, the vedalken might feel that it pooping on the floor would be of least concern among all the horrible things it could do, if it really wanted to "make a mess".
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Hair and Tail Salon]

Of the two of them Glory probably resembles the typical clientele here more closely.

Unless Jason has an invisible tail he hasn't told anyone about.

But this is the Nexus, right? So who knows.

"Good afternoon. I'm Morning Glory and this is my friend Jason. This is going to sound a little bit strange, but we have reason to believe that some of the brushed-off hair from here might have been used for nefarious and possibly magical ends. Would you mind if we ask you a few questions about your disposal process?"
Morning Glory asks, looking and sounding like a very serious pony.

Every knows that very serious ponies means very serious business.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
"Yeah, I guess I did," Mary replies nom-commitally. "C'mon. We won't figure out who you are just standing around." And if it turns out that Non-Mary is trying to hurt Mary, the school staff can deal with it.

Hair and Tail Salon
"After a customer gets her hair cut, we seep up and bag the hair. The bag goes in the dumpster behind the shop." Jason frowns. "Do bags ever go missing?" "We don't really keep track. Who would want to steal hair?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Lia nods studiously at Sandel's explanation. "Well that's certainly going to be interesting to see. But why do you need the arms to be small? Wouldn't that make it hard for you to wear it?" Well, surely she'll understand it better when she sees the final product.

As the horse enters the room, Lia relaxes a little, enjoying the warmer atmosphere. She's growing to really like the hellish beast. "He's a sweetheart, I wouldn't worry at all," she says to the apprentice; a dubious statement at best.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I don't have the tools of a gunsmith. That's the only major craft that gives nothing to my art. That won't be a problem for you, will it?" Armour and medieval melee weapons he can do, though bowyers need skills Pontius and none of his apprentices have. Mostly he teaches blacksmithing, armoury, sculpture, carpentry, masonry, and joinery in addition to the automation magics. Plus some other techniques; casting, pouring, jewellery, enamelling, origami, gem cutting, and a bit of horology.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

Not-Mary can't exactly argue with that. Instead, she just smiles a little and follows after Mary, back toward wherever they're going.

Which is, of course, PREP. But she doesn't seem to know that.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

The horse neighs in a way that resembles evil laughter to a disturbing extent when it hears Lia's remark.

As for Pontius' question, Sandels waves his hand. "It will be no problem. I can provide my own." How, might puzzle the shopowner, since the bandaged man doesn't look like he owns anything beyond what's on him or his steed.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Hair and Tail Salon]

"There are some forms of necromancy that use hair to create an effigy of a victim and attack them from a distance,"
Glory replies, her tone completely serious.

Who would want to steal hair?

Bad people.

Or creeps.

Which occasionally have some major overlap.

"Do you have any video cameras on the alley?"
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Ruinous]

Examining the building does imply to Selekhael that there's nothing really stopping them from just entering the building wherever they want. The entire area is subject to several areas of disjointed time, but there don't appear to otherwise be any actual barriers to entry.
Well, other than the barrier that the warehouse walls present, but...let's be honest. That's not much of anything to two empyreans.

Unlike that silver-stuff that Lapis just hacked her sword at.
It emits an unpleasant, single-noted ringing sound when she hits it, but otherwise seems entirely unfazed by her efforts.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Ruinous]

What a nasty sound.

Like an ugly tuning fork.

Lapis didn't know that tuning forks can sound ugly but she learns new things every day. Whatever the metal is doesn't seem like a BIG threat so instead she heads into the warehouse!

"Come on let's go maybe we can figure out how to stop the bad space hole in here!"

Onwards!
Last edited by Rebonack on Jul 11, 2023 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Lia is in no way surprised that Sandels has some secret access to tools. He always seems to have something up his tattered sleeves.

"Alright well, thank you again Mr. Pontius. I suppose we'll be back on the morrow." She gives the workshop another glance, making a mental note to return on a later date to study some of the machines in greater detail.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Church of Venus]

Relatively close to both the Docks and Slums of Inside, and within easy walking distance of the Black Dragon's Den, there's a church.

For several years, it had been lying in ruins. Its goddess had disappeared, with nobody knowing exactly what happened to her. Several of its priests had massive scandals including embezzlement, taking advantage of worshippers, and other unpriestly things. Eventually people stopped going there to worship, then it fell into disrepair, and it began to be overtaken by nature. Vines tore open some windows, a tree caused the roof to collapse, a few inner walls lost structural power, bushes and weeds started growing inside the building, the yard turned into a dumping ground for trash, furniture started rotting and molding, the altar fell apart, animals took roost, and without the local goddess, nearby businesses and former worshippers slowly disappeared and fell into ruin just as much as the church did.

The local community started to discuss what to do with the ruins. 'Tear it down and replace it with something useful' was the most common refrain. There was some pushback, of course: some people still remembered the fond memories they had there and wanted to turn it into some sort of memorial for their missing goddess. But it was too much work. There was too much trash. Too many plants. Not enough people who cared about it.

One day, however, the place was suddenly cleaned up. All the trash had vanished, almost overnight. The rotting benches suddenly sprang to life, with their wood growing leaves and flowers out of it. The trees, instead of tearing at the foundation and causing stone to fall, started supporting the structure instead. Natural springs bubbled up and formed a small pond. The pathways - still overrun with nature - became walkable. Wisteria, roses, and other climbing plants grew their own pergola, countless fruit trees quickly took up space along the walls, and even the atmosphere itself seemed better. There was always this pleasant scent hanging in the air, and even gravity felt lessened.
And nobody could tell how or why this happened.

It was, of course, a miracle.

No-one could argue otherwise.

Some volunteers staked out the place and discovered a short woman with four legs and long hair would sometimes be there, but when they followed her, she was gone. Eventually they saw her vanish into the altar. Although they knew there was a basement that had long since become inaccessible, they couldn't find any way into there near the altar. Old worshippers came and saw, said it was the visage of the old goddess, and started claiming the old goddess had been reborn as a nature goddess.

The cult started growing again. People would go there to worship. They said that prayers to the goddess would be granted. That those who ate of the fruit grown at the church and who drank the holy water would feel themselves change over time to a higher nature. That merely being on the church grounds would bring peace and holiness. Plucking a flower from the goddess's hair would grant wishes. Pray to her, and sometimes the prayers would even come true! People would follow her around - to the corner market, to her job as a waitress at the Black Dragon's Den, to the parks, wherever. Of course, as the nature goddess didn't want to be bothered and would run and vanish when she saw others following her, only the higher-ups in the cult were allowed to directly interact with her. And, as it turns out, the high priest was a former high priest of the old goddess before the church fell into ruin, so of course he knew exactly what the goddess wanted, so many people were able to go through him. Granted, there were a couple unsavory rumors about him, but for a man as pious as him they were obviously false.

One day, though, the nature goddess didn't appear for several months. Rumor had it she had gone to somewhere under the ocean, but it was clear that the priests and priestesses of the cult still received her blessing: they had all received fairy blessings that enhanced them. Plus, worshippers who continued to drink the holy water and eat the fruit would feel more youthful, energetic, and closer to their goddess. Many prayers and wishes still came true. The plants of the church continued to grow.

And, one day, the goddess returned and disappeared into the altar in front of everyone. Everyone present swore they could feel their goddess's presence inside the church, then.

They continued to go out - some to help the local community, some to evangelize and teach about the return of this goddess, some to come into conflict with other cults around, some to spread a story about Jane Everywoman and the Formerly Banished King, some to give away the blessed fruit to the hungry in the Slums, and so on.

There always seems to be something happening at the church.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

It's been a little while since Khannie stopped by here last.

She's tried to keep in touch with Victoria but it has been... hard.

Vicky mostly hasn't replied to Khannie when she's tried reaching out to her. Maybe it's the despair pushing her to isolate herself from others? Heck Khannie really hopes that isn't what's going on. Kyubey hasn't ever lied to her before. Left out important details, sure, but he doesn't ever straight up lie. So when he said her friend was near despair as it is...

Well.

That wasn't welcome news.

When it turned out phone contact wasn't working the only option was to talk to her the old fashioned way.

Which is why Khannie the definitely normal human teen girl is jogging down the street to the end of a cul-de-sac where Victoria's house is located. Khannie tries not to think about the other houses on the cul-de-sac missing kids thanks to the Jellymoon. She tries not to think about remembering turning to ashes when they beat up the Jellymoon, either. Nothing like having distinctive memories of getting Thanos-snapped! Those sure don't weigh on her at all.

Okay.

Deep breath.

Everything will be fine.

Khannie Vallarm rings the doorbell.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Victoria lives in a nice enough house, compared to some. Not a wealthy mansion or anything, but a decent middle-class living. Parents managed to get themselves a little single story house that will comfortably fit everyone in it.
Not that it really matters a huge amount, with how often they aren't actually home.

It takes awhile for the door-ringing to bear any fruit. Probably long enough to try ringing the bell again, if Khannie doesn't notice the shifting curtain in one of the side windows indicating someone taking a peek outside.

There's an amount of time, possibly enough for someone in another room to have debated with themselves a bit on actually answering the door, before slowly trudging their way to the door and cracking it open.

Khannie is treated to a very slim gap view into a dark home, and a partial view of a very, very tired-looking, not-suited-up Victoria peeking out at her.
"Hey Khannie,"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

It kinda reminds Khannie of her house, really. Except her house is two stories and probably has more dogs in it. After ringing the bell she waits. A little impatiently. Right about the time she's starting to wonder whether she should check inside using other means she hears her friend approaching and the door inches open.

Just a smidge.

Weird.

It's really dark in there, too.

"Hi Victoria," Khannie replies, doing a not great job of keeping the concern from showing on her face. "You haven't been responding much and Kyubey showed up and said some concerning stuff so I wanted to come check on you."

Her eyes flick to the dark room.

Do things...

Smell weird?

This is one of those times when having a zoroark nose is actually handy. Say what you want about being a canid pokemon but humans are basically nose-blind by comparison.

"Are you doing okay?"

Obviously not.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

It doesn't seem to smell hideous right by the door, but Victoria herself smells pretty bad.
Unwashed. Sweaty. Vaguely of old food.

The visible eye narrows a bit at the mention of Kyubey.
"Haven't seen that rat since..."

Visions of an enormous, silver giant, wading through spells with impunity. Large claws reaching down and almost gingerly tearing open-

Victoria's eye twitches and her head shakes. Matted hair briefly comes into view.
"I'm still kicking. Haven't... Really been using magic. It's probably fine too."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Friends smelling bad isn't a good sign.

Matted hair. Sweat and stale food. These are all definitely bad signs. Signs of emotional damage for sure. After the whole Jellymoon thing Victoria mostly vanished. That operation had been rough on everyone. The whole... dying thing. Some of the girls just rolled with it. Others...

"You don't look very fine," Khannie observes. She doesn't comment on the smell. "You look like you haven't been taking care of yourself."

Which isn't encouraging.

Just not using magic isn't enough.

Sure that might slow things down but just the link to the soul gem passively eats magic over time.

THAT much Khannie is certain of.

This just means a slow burn instead of a fast one. The... emotional problems don't help.

"I'm worried about you, okay? 'cuz you're my friend? Do you mind if I come in? Maybe help you clean up a little?"
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

"I..."
There's a really clear point of hesitation here.
Victoria doesn't want to let Khannie in, as a first impulse, and it's pretty obvious. But the conflicted look in her eye after means something.

"...let me put some different clothes on first."
And then goes to lightly close the door on Khannie.
If she remains patient about it, Victoria will reopen the door a few minutes later, but all the way this time.

Lights are on in the house now, showing a thin layer of short-term dust over most of the immediately visible furniture. Most of the nearby rooms are still dark, but there's a light from a doorway further in that is presumably her room.
Evidently, even being in the morning, she has thick curtains pulled over every window leaving the sunlight out of the building.

Victoria has taken a vague effort to sort her hair out, probably with her fingers, and is wearing some rumpled shorts with a shirt for some shoe brand or another.
These clothes smell used, but less-recently.

She nervously plays with the edges of her shirt's bottom, looking past Khannie and making a motion for her to quickly come inside. A rather paranoid-looking gesture.
"I, um, thought you got out of all this."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

No outright refusal is good. A start.

A little hope has to start somewhere, right? Sometimes it can start with putting on slightly less dirty clothing. So. Waiting. Just a few minutes. The Incubator doesn't show up in the mean time, thank goodness. That's exactly a visit Khannie isn't wanting at the moment. Just... wait. Enjoy the warm summer weather. Listen the birds and the wind and the bugs.

When Victoria opens the door the second time Khannie offers a smile before heading inside. Khannie's wearing a pretty normal summer outfit. What one might expect from a girl who just spent most of the morning and afternoon clearing brush and spring growth off the trails at a campsite. Since that's exactly what she was doing. Light shirt, shorts, and a baseball cap with her huge poofy brown ponytail pulled through the back.

Hmm.

Looks a bit dusty in here.

But not BAD bad.

Just...

Empty. Abandoned? Where the heck are Victoria's parents?

"I did,"
Khannie confirms. "My 'mom' found a way to break Kyubey's contract with me and get my soul back where it's supposed to with the help of a lady at Glog that can do soul magic. Broke my Wish, too. But you remember about Fortuna, right? Who inverted the tree witch thing as 'joke'? Yeah, she isn't exactly reliable. Whatever she did hasn't worked with any of the other Girls."

Khannie sounds deeply irritated at that.

And...

Slightly ashamed.

"I..."

She averts her eyes. Just a little.

"I though I had a solution, right? I wasn't trying to abandon you Girls. I've still been looking for other ways out but everything keeps coming up empty. I guess someone must have figured out SOMETHING because all of a sudden Kyubey showed up trying to get me to make a new Wish stopping them. Said if the 'irregularity' didn't stop he was going to... Bewitch all the girls himself. Starting with you just to show me that he meant business."