Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Re: Inside

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

The door is quickly closed behind them and then Victoria sort of awkwardly stands there while Khannie talks at her.
"Huh."
Victoria doesn't really have the most involved response to the deluge of information. It kind of seems like she was barely listening in the first place.

Not really judging Khannie for failing to save them, or being surprised by imminent Bewitchment.

Which may make this comment seem more or less cruel, depending.
"Khannie, do you think you matter?"

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

See Khannie's heart was racing a bit when she was saying all that.

She was nervous, right?

Was Victoria going to be mad at her? Sad? Treat it all as an excuse?

Of all the things Victoria could have replied with 'Do you think you matter?' definitely wasn't on Khannie's radar. She's momentarily taken aback by that. And if not for a recent ascent to the top of a pyramid where she met the ghost of a demon lord of nihilism her response probably would have been really, really different.

Maybe she would have gotten mad.

Maybe she would have been offended at the possibly misunderstood implication that her life and efforts are pointless.

But after being faced with the Riddle of Nothing and casting it aside... After meeting Eudaemonia at the pyramid's apex...

No, that isn't how she replies.

There's a momentary look of sadness that her friend has fallen into the Abyss. But there's hope, too, that Victoria can be pulled out again. Khannie closes her eyes and begins humming a song, a rising melody of whimsy and wonder and hope. The stale air of the house stirs with a gentle evening breeze, carrying the scent of clear water, warm sand, and adventure just beyond the horizon.

When the girl opens her eyes again they're misted with tears.

"I met someone who wanted me to believe that me and everyone else are like sand-grains in a desert. That no one matters and we'll all get sucked below the surface and never seen again, that no one will remember us when we're gone. But that idea was dumb because it's a lie," Khannie replies, her voice full of unshakable conviction. "I matter. You matter. Everyone matters. Everyone we've lost. Everyone we've found. Everyone."

She reaches out to take Victoria by the shoulders with both hands, her cheeks streaked with glistening trails.

"You matter, do you hear me? You matter and don't you forget it for a second."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Pontius' Custom Constructs

"Good. I will see you then, and I look forward to it." Pontius is likewise not surprised by Sandals' ability to produce gunsmith tools if needed; many tools are reasonably small and easy to transport. It's the foundry, forge, and kiln that provides the issue, most the rest can be carried around.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

The tiredness in Victoria's eyes acquires a glint of frantic mania to it.
Just a hair.

Her hands twitch upwards to hold onto Khannie's forearms, a vague acknowledgement of presence.
"How can you be so sure? Aren't feelings our enemy, the path to the Witch? Don't they-"
She cuts herself off, taking a breath before that mania builds up more. It's a teetering thing.

"I...see things when I close my eyes, Khannie. A burning god that hates how worthless I am and wants me to die. A weird boy told me that..."
Her voice trails off again and she looks away from Khannie's face.
The listless tiredness buries more of that manic spark.

"Doomed for trying to matter. Doomed for trying to stay out of the way."
There's a pull against Khannie and get grip, of her friend trying to turn back into the house.
"Can I show you something?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Feeling something is probably better than feeling nothing, right?

How can she be so sure? That's a good question. "I'm sure because either no one matters or everyone does. And I KNOW the first one's a lie. Look, sometimes arrogant jerks think that just because they can't figure out what the purpose of something is then it must have NO purpose. They're wrong and this burning god sounds like a butt-head."

How can Khannie be so sure?

That adamant nature has quite a bit to do with it. Khannie's convictions tend to be absolute once she's got them. Could that lead her astray? Maybe. But she'll fight like heck for what she believes in.

And most of all she believes in her friends.

At the doomed talk Khannie just gives her friend a hug. Take that, doomedness! But now there's tugging toward elsewhere.

"Uh, yeah? Sure. Let's see it," Khannie replies, ready to move.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

A ghost of a smile, to calling the god a butt-head. It doesn't last terribly long, but it was something.
"The problem is Khannie, I don't think it's because we can't figure it out. I think it's because some of us did."

Victoria drifts down the hall, the listlessness giving her an almost ethereal quality in her movements. A girl haunting her own home.
She moves into the lit-up room and moves slightly away from the door, so that Khannie can enter and see.

It is, or was, her bedroom.
But now it's clearly the room of someone who has gone very, very far off the conspiracy deep end.

What looks like a star with a fanged, angry face dominates a good portion of the floor, with strings and papers spiraling away from it, along the entire floor and moving up along the walls.
Her bed was pushed onto its side to make more room, and empty plates, glasses, and microwave dinner boxes are scattered everywhere.

Strings lead to newspaper clippings and note-cards of random events throughout the city, some minor, some major. A house fire downtown. A serial killer at the docks. The collapsed prices of apples.
There are also cards and pictures of people, which seem to act as center spokes in areas, surrounded by events tied to them and others. Khannie has one, with its own set of events. Witches, her freedom, acts of heroism.
Her wheel is one of the bigger ones, along with a few others here and there. These bigger ones have small "P" labels on their corners.

The Jellymoon is here, connected to all of the girls and a few others.
A large card labeled "Syncope", with a small card for "witch?" next to it, link to the Jellymoon, the Star, and an alarming number of other things elsewhere in the room.

Victoria chews on the side of her thumb while her gaze twitches around the web, lips moving around the digit in unspoken words of some manner.

In a corner of the room, partially obscured by papers, a darkened gem lurks.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

"And what are you thinking got figured out?" Khannie asks as they step into the room and-

Oh.

It's one of those crazy conspiracy webs.

That must be the angry burning god on the floor there. Khannie scrutinizes it critically. "Gunna guess that's the butt-head? Looks like the sorta guy the heroes beat the heck out of in the last act."

Her conviction never falters even staring down into the maw of the Abyss.

Her eyes trace along the connections and she stops with a frown on Syncope. "Who's that weirdo?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Pontius' Custom Constructs]

Sandels chuckles darkly. It's accompanied by a snort from the horse. "People don't often look forward to seeing me. In any case, we'll see tomorrow. Have a nice day."

After the formalities are done, and perhaps after shaking Pontius's hand, Sandels picks up his stuff and heads outside, the horse following in his wake. "Ah, let's see. How should we spend the day?", he muses aloud as he pushes the wheelbarrow down the streets. He glances at Lia. "Fancy something to eat? Maybe we can rob a nearby restaurant's trashbin."
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Khannie earns the ghost of a smile, at the butt-head comment. It's fleeting, but it's something.

The rest of this is less fun.
"Some people matter, a lot. The rest of us are just props in their stories.
Victoria's gaze briefly flicks to Khannie, and then her spot on the web, before trailing elsewhere.

"Inside's always caught up in some problem, if you look around. Some things and people seem to be the middle of a lot of those things...like this thing. And that thing."
She's moved into the middle of her web, to tap a finger on the big angry star and then on the Syncope card.
"And people, like you."
Her finger trails across the floor to Khannie's wheel in the web.

Then right back to chewing on her poor thumb's side again, ruminating over something.
"Syncope talked to me, after the...moon thing. Told me some stuff. Gave me some papers."
Probably a lot of the papers currently on the ground.
"The burning god speaks to them, too. They're trying to find a way out of judgement."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Oh boy that gets a frown out of Khannie.

"That's a sick way of thinking about stuff," Khannie retorts, visibly disgusted by that idea. "You aren't a prop, Victoria you're just as important as me. Do you seriously believe that? That I'm somehow more important just because I get into a buncha trouble like a giant dope?"

"Yeah no way. If Syncope was saying that you don't matter then I'm gunna have to have a chat with her."

Oh boy that's definitely Khannie's punching things expression.

"So they're looking for ways to beat this flaming butt-head? Okay well that's fine but that's no excuse to treat you like you don't matter. Who cares if you might or might not play a big role in beating the butt-head? That doesn't make you not important. Half way makes me want to do a training montage with you so YOU get to be the one that kicks him to the curb just to prove Syncope wrong."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Outside Pontius' Custom Constructs

Lia waves at Pontius before following Sandels out onto the street. She blinks rapidly in the light, shielding her eyes with her cap.

At Sandels' question she smiles faintly. "Well I am always hungry... but first there's something I wanted to talk to you about." She hesitates, as if searching for words, then sighs and launches into it without waiting for a response.

"When I talked to Hoshiki, he told me something that changed my perspective. Up until that point I didn't understand why you were dueling, because I thought neither of you truly wanted to. That's why I tried so hard to change your minds and call it off. There's nothing worse than being bound to a fate that's not of your choosing."

She continues, turning to meet his gaze. "But Hoshiki told me that you were the one who insisted on the duel. That it was your choice, and you desire to fight him before giving him the information he seeks. And that changes everything. If there's one thing I understand, it's taking a path that the world disapproves of. And I just want you to know that regardless of your reasons, I support your choice, and I won't try to convince you to change your mind about the duel. And you don't need to explain anything further." She shrugs. "Not that you probably care either way, but at least I won't be bothering you about it anymore."
horses can attack and eat me
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

"It's not just about the god, Khannie. Though...I guess it's a big part."
Victoria crouches on the ground near Khannie's wheel, where she wraps her arms around her knees.

"Listen to yourself. You're so confident, pushing forward even when things are bad. It works out for you, sooner or later.
I think that's why you're special. It works out. Even when things are breaking, you take charge and get somewhere with it.
The rest of us are just...sort of around. Maybe we help get you where you need to be, maybe we just cheer. But we're not the star of the show."

A tinge of sadness breaks into the apathy.
"I think if I disappeared before you got here, it wouldn't have changed anything important. Maybe you'd be sad for a little while. Mad at me. But the world would be the same."

How do you pull someone out of the depths of accepted worthlessness?
How do you pull them out, when a little black rock in the corner drags it deeper and deeper?
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Hair and Tail Salon
The squirrel-girl looks very uncomfortable with that suggestion. Clearly she doesn't want to think of her workplace as irresponsible. "We don't, but maybe one of the neighbors does?" Again, "who would want to steal hair?"
Someone did, and it's important to find out who. "Let's go check out the back then," Jason suggests.

Ruinous
Sele drifts through the wall alongside Lapis, but she's less convinced that the silver goo is a non-threat. Just not an immediate threat.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

You know what?

"I'm not the hero."

Story time.

"I got stolen from my dad when I was little. Really little. I got yanked into another world by a god. But he wasn't after me."

Khannie begins turning... black? Shadows sloughing off her like water.

"It was a pokemon world. Humans didn't exist there. But see, humans were known. As great heroes. I knew I was from the human world so obviously I was destined to be a hero."

The illusion peels away, revealing the ghostly zoroark under it.

"But the hero wasn't me. It was my dad and his friends. I was just the tether for pulling him there. He saved the world. I was just there cheering."

The zoroark shrugs off her backpack and begins digging through it.

"For sure though, when my dad brought me home, for sure I would be human like I always knew I was supposed to be. Nope. So-"

She pulls a grief seed with a butterfly in the top from her pack.

"-I made a Wish to be a real human. And you know what I learned?"

She moves to scoop up Victoria's soul gem in her paws and cleanse it.

"It doesn't matter who or what you are. Anyone can be a hero. You just gotta live it. Now quit moping. We've got a world to save."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Hair and Tail Salon]

Someone.... NEFARIOUS!

Morning Glory gives a nod and follows Jason around back, keeping an eye out for any security cameras.

"Well, we've just about stooped to rooting around in dumpsters. The glamorous world of detective work."

Definitely not glamorous.

Boy, Batman sure makes this look cooler doesn't he?
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Keeper wrote: Jul 07, 2023 3:01 am Touring Inside

"I am sure. They have only a few rules but they are very important." After the Buttercupacolypse most Inside citizens got at least a basic lesson on fey rules.
"I also don't think they do duels. Not any I've heard of."
Rebonack wrote: Jul 07, 2023 2:54 pm [Touring Inside]

"No deals or gifts, got it," Eu says, not slowing down on her trek toward Plum Mountain Park.
"But what if they're nice gifts?" Aivu inquires.
"No."
"Or cookies?"
"Definitely not."
"Or what about-?"

The conversation will continue more or less like that the whole way.

At least until-!

"That is one big plum tree," Eu comments, shading her eyes to peer at the redwood sized plum tree looming over the hill the park is situated on.
[Touring Inside]

"I'm certain it's beautiful," Verity states drily. The others may have noticed her tapping the ground with that crystal staff of hers to make sure she isn't going to walk into anything, though she doesn't seem to have any trouble seeing people to avoid them.

Blithely, she steps right into the park, being careful to avoid any trees and the like using her staff as a white cane. In spite of her blindness, she's still quite confident in her navigation ability, and she stays on the lookout for any fey.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Touring Inside

Henry wishes he could help Verity see the tree as it is very pretty. He swallows his impulse to offer her help somehow. It's just part of his impulse to be helpful but Verity clearly is very capable on her own and it would only be patronizing. Some part of his brain feels weird about Verity not being able to see things when he can - and he doesn't even have actual physical eyes!
"Yeah apparently the Tree used to also be a fey who ran the Park but she quit or something? I dunno. Anyway it's meant less fey pour out of here ever since so that's good."
Henry stayed far, far away from most parks until That Fateful Day. He really should have known better but hey, it worked out for him.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Thursday Violist wrote: Jul 10, 2023 11:32 pm [Church of Venus]

Relatively close to both the Docks and Slums of Inside, and within easy walking distance of the Black Dragon's Den, there's a church.

For several years, it had been lying in ruins. Its goddess had disappeared, with nobody knowing exactly what happened to her. Several of its priests had massive scandals including embezzlement, taking advantage of worshippers, and other unpriestly things. Eventually people stopped going there to worship, then it fell into disrepair, and it began to be overtaken by nature. Vines tore open some windows, a tree caused the roof to collapse, a few inner walls lost structural power, bushes and weeds started growing inside the building, the yard turned into a dumping ground for trash, furniture started rotting and molding, the altar fell apart, animals took roost, and without the local goddess, nearby businesses and former worshippers slowly disappeared and fell into ruin just as much as the church did.

The local community started to discuss what to do with the ruins. 'Tear it down and replace it with something useful' was the most common refrain. There was some pushback, of course: some people still remembered the fond memories they had there and wanted to turn it into some sort of memorial for their missing goddess. But it was too much work. There was too much trash. Too many plants. Not enough people who cared about it.

One day, however, the place was suddenly cleaned up. All the trash had vanished, almost overnight. The rotting benches suddenly sprang to life, with their wood growing leaves and flowers out of it. The trees, instead of tearing at the foundation and causing stone to fall, started supporting the structure instead. Natural springs bubbled up and formed a small pond. The pathways - still overrun with nature - became walkable. Wisteria, roses, and other climbing plants grew their own pergola, countless fruit trees quickly took up space along the walls, and even the atmosphere itself seemed better. There was always this pleasant scent hanging in the air, and even gravity felt lessened.
And nobody could tell how or why this happened.

It was, of course, a miracle.

No-one could argue otherwise.

Some volunteers staked out the place and discovered a short woman with four legs and long hair would sometimes be there, but when they followed her, she was gone. Eventually they saw her vanish into the altar. Although they knew there was a basement that had long since become inaccessible, they couldn't find any way into there near the altar. Old worshippers came and saw, said it was the visage of the old goddess, and started claiming the old goddess had been reborn as a nature goddess.

The cult started growing again. People would go there to worship. They said that prayers to the goddess would be granted. That those who ate of the fruit grown at the church and who drank the holy water would feel themselves change over time to a higher nature. That merely being on the church grounds would bring peace and holiness. Plucking a flower from the goddess's hair would grant wishes. Pray to her, and sometimes the prayers would even come true! People would follow her around - to the corner market, to her job as a waitress at the Black Dragon's Den, to the parks, wherever. Of course, as the nature goddess didn't want to be bothered and would run and vanish when she saw others following her, only the higher-ups in the cult were allowed to directly interact with her. And, as it turns out, the high priest was a former high priest of the old goddess before the church fell into ruin, so of course he knew exactly what the goddess wanted, so many people were able to go through him. Granted, there were a couple unsavory rumors about him, but for a man as pious as him they were obviously false.

One day, though, the nature goddess didn't appear for several months. Rumor had it she had gone to somewhere under the ocean, but it was clear that the priests and priestesses of the cult still received her blessing: they had all received fairy blessings that enhanced them. Plus, worshippers who continued to drink the holy water and eat the fruit would feel more youthful, energetic, and closer to their goddess. Many prayers and wishes still came true. The plants of the church continued to grow.

And, one day, the goddess returned and disappeared into the altar in front of everyone. Everyone present swore they could feel their goddess's presence inside the church, then.

They continued to go out - some to help the local community, some to evangelize and teach about the return of this goddess, some to come into conflict with other cults around, some to spread a story about Jane Everywoman and the Formerly Banished King, some to give away the blessed fruit to the hungry in the Slums, and so on.

There always seems to be something happening at the church.
Jon, adorned in naught but his collar with a shooting star-shaped tag, had recently found a nice hidden spot to smash a vial of some potion on the ground and lap it up. He had been listening in on the goings-on of the church, as of late. Appearing as little more than someone's lost pet, little would have reason to tighten their tongues around him.

Thus, the pure-white husky had the good sense to give him some limited protection against mental influences, lest he fall for the goddess' promises completely and lose sight of his goals. Gods can be a big drain on the world and he needs to properly assess their impact on the environment, both physically and aetherically.

"Arf arf arf arf (I wouldn't think nature to be this pleasant)," he barks.

Jon then approaches the church, seeing if anyone was outside it. If anyone was there, he'd look to the ground in submission, keeping his fangs unbeared.

"Yip yip yip yip yip yip (Since they're a nature goddess, will they speak the tongue of canids?)"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Outside Pontius' Custom Constructs]

Sandels give Lia a side-eye, not sure where she's going with this. When she admits she thought neither man wanted to fight, he lets out a dark laugh. "You really don't understand men", he snarks, "since I don't need to explain, I won't, but I will note this: this has nothing to do with defying fate. Far from it." With that, he shuts up and focuses on searching the streets for restaurants and cafeterias to rummage through their waste.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Lia nods, a look of amusement crossing her face. "I most certainly don't understand them. But I'm learning that I don't need to understand everything. And it's your decision to defy fate or act as its instrument. Either way, you're still making a choice, and I have no interest in denying you that."

After they've gathered some dubious nourishment (Lia discovers a dead rat and a half eaten moldy bread loaf) she begins to use her spores to transform the waste into edible fungi.

"So," she says, popping one of the mushrooms into her mouth, "What are your plans for after this duel? Have you thought about that at all?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Outside Pontius' Custom Constructs]

"I have no need to think about it", Sandels note, in between chewing on dried bread and leftover salad he scavenged from a nearby alley. The horse stands nearby, grazing on few dandelions that'd pushed their way through the pavement.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Lia tilts her head curiously. "Why do you say that? Is it your precognition?" An edge enters her voice. "I'm sure you don't mean that you won't survive."

The mushroom she's holding withers and blackens, and she brushes it away in a puff of spores.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

Did it work out well for Henry? A terrible fate may still be awaiting him.

Anyway!

There are plenty of souls to see here. Nearly every rock, tree, and pool have fae spirits inhabiting them. They are coming out for our heroes at the moment but they are certainly around.

"So that giant tree? Would something like that bea magical nexus or layline or whatever you called it?" Eu inquires.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Touring Inside]

"Could be. I'll need to get close to feel it out, but if it's as big as you're claiming, then there's reason to believe it'd be a mana node. We'd need to set up a ritual to draw power from it properly," Verity explains, still moving forward. She's stopped tapping everywhere with her staff, as she can largely see everything without trouble. Yay soulsight!
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[brackets lover] wrote: Jul 12, 2023 5:21 am Jon, adorned in naught but his collar with a shooting star-shaped tag, had recently found a nice hidden spot to smash a vial of some potion on the ground and lap it up. He had been listening in on the goings-on of the church, as of late. Appearing as little more than someone's lost pet, little would have reason to tighten their tongues around him.

Thus, the pure-white husky had the good sense to give him some limited protection against mental influences, lest he fall for the goddess' promises completely and lose sight of his goals. Gods can be a big drain on the world and he needs to properly assess their impact on the environment, both physically and aetherically.

"Arf arf arf arf (I wouldn't think nature to be this pleasant)," he barks.

Jon then approaches the church, seeing if anyone was outside it. If anyone was there, he'd look to the ground in submission, keeping his fangs unbeared.

"Yip yip yip yip yip yip (Since they're a nature goddess, will they speak the tongue of canids?)"
[Church of Venus]

As it happens, there are several people around the church! It's actually a pretty common occurrence for there to be a bunch of people around, especially since there's no set worship time and the area is open nearly 24/7. Of course, there are times where there's more or fewer people around, and right now there's only a dozen people around.

As Jon looks around, he'll be able to quickly spot a dozen people - one outside the church building, and eleven inside. (Being inside doesn't protect all of them from the sun, however, as there is no roof).

The one outside is relaxing in the shade of a tree.
There's three in plain clothes standing just inside the grand front doors of the building, nearby a small basin, filled with holy water.
There's four more with cloaks on (and the hoods down), standing inside, near one of the walls so they're in the shade and by a glass-free window for a breeze, planning a weekend social activity.
There's two sitting next to each other on a pew - one that has sprouted thornless roses - praying.
And two more, wearing cloaks with the hoods up, standing at the sanctuary of the church (nearby the altar), standing separately.
And, most importantly, there's a common marmoset in an empty window, watching Jon walk in.
Probably less importantly, all around there's the definitive presence of the goddess, as if she's filling every single plant, animal, insect, stone, water, and so on around.

One of the worshippers near the door comes up to Jon and crouches. "What a cute puppy!" she exclaims. She reaches to Jon's head, to try to scratch behind his ears, as she looks at the other two with her. "Any of you seen this puppy before?"
To which they, of course, say 'no' but one of them gestures at Jon's collar and tag, suggesting the tag likely answers whose dog it is.

None of these three seem to be able to understand Jon's speech.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Church of Venus]

Jon remains still as the worshipper pets him, blinking contently. Seeing as they couldn't understand him, he simply pants excitedly, utilizing a full array of communicational tools at his disposal.

The front of Jon's collar only had his full name, Jon Terekhov, in big letters. Though, if one wanted to flip it around, he'd stand still obediently. On the back it read:

Free-Range
Cared for by the Mages' Guild
In case of emergency,
contact Coniferous Igneoblast

It then went on to list an address and phone number. While Jon would be unfamiliar to most, those mages were known to be quite the irresponsible sort, so it wasn't a big surprise they would let a dog roam about freely. The lack of any other specific identifier in their name suggested they thought themselves to be the only guild of mages in the world. It may well be that all the other collections of mages prefered other forms of organization. Either that, or the founders were deliberately trying to confuse people when talking about other mage guilds.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Ruinous]

Into the time-shattered warehouse they go.

They've entered into a later piece of time, should Sele bother to examine things to any meaningful degree.
Their physical location looks to be some sort of file storage room, lined with filing cabinets and bookshelves. There's a door on the opposite end, and a burning corpse off in one corner. Looks like it used to be person-shaped, but somewhere in the process of burning it acquired a few extra limbs and spikes.
Very normal.

Elsewhere in the building, gunshots and some incredibly loud roaring.

[Pear-Tree Way]

"...I didn't know your life was so busy, even before the super-heroing."
It's a bit Origin Story-ish, really. Still very fitting for a protagonist.
"It sounds nice, having a parent who cares about you enough to chase you into another world."
She's still pretty mopey here, pieces of Khannie's story finding slippery grips in her heart, but the traction is so very very faint.

Victoria, such as she is, really doesn't make any move whatsoever to stop her from cleansing the soul-gem.
But the little white paw that appears over it and slides it slightly back, does.
"Hold a moment, Khannie. There's an opportunity for you both here. Meaning, for Victoria."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Ruinous]

Lapis is pretty sure that she is going to get to blow up some more skinwalkers and that's a prospect she is looking forward to. Who doesn't like getting to do what they were created to do?

Sword drawn, she begins moving toward the loud noises since they sound like trouble.

"Do you know how we can make the weird hole thingy not happen?" Lapis asks while swording the heck out of the burning corpse as she passes.

Normally swording isn't great against skinwalkers but if you sword them so much all their cells are chopped into little bits then that usually works okay.

[Pear Tree Way]

"My life has never been not weird," Khannie admits. "Before he had me my dad saved his home world from a couple demon lords so he's always been a big hero."

Not always. Just for as long as she has known him, so basically forever. Obviously he was an awkward sorcerer teen at some point and the stories about those days are funny.

Khannie is about to ask where ARE Victoria's parents but all of a sudden the little white butt-gremlin appears.

Sadly Manja isn't around to murder him this time.

Judging from the noise Khannie just made and the way her lips just peeled back into a snarl and the way her tails are lashing around she isn't happy to see him.

"You have exactly twelve seconds to make your case before I deck you through the wall."

Pokemon are very violent creatures.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Victoria purses her lips slightly, behind Khannie. It's the best she can manage, on the hate front.
"The gem is already so dark. I'm not sure what it's hoping for here."

And it is, in fact, quite dark.
It's a hair's breadth from shattering, it looks like.

The rest of Kyubey materializes around the paw, gazing at Khannie with no hint of feeling intimidated.
"I can push the despair the rest of the way over before you can reach me."
It's a very matter of fact point, the worst kind of threat.
"But more to both of your preferences: I know where Victoria's feared 'god' is. It's already on the verge of breaking into this world, and it will end most of the life in this city when it does. Only a few hours from now, I hear."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Pear-Tree Way]

Hopefully the hope Khannie is offering will keep Victoria going a little longer.

"Yeah I was gunna do something about that before someone decided to butt in," Khannie says, her eyes firmly fixed on the Incubator. "If Victoria pops in front of me because you decided to get in my way I will destroy you for good."

A promise backed up by absolute conviction.

But then there is some information!

It doesn't improve Khannie's mood even a little.

"Let me guess. You can make it go away if I Wish it?"

Why else would he be here?