Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

"Maaaaan bra, you're totally harshing my vibe," the satyr laments.

Eu is trying to figure out what these words mean. She understands most of them, but the precise way they are being put together just isn't making any sense.

"You sure you don't want to come with for a gnarly party?"

"Is he mixing Sylvan with Common? I'm not catching all of this," Eu stage whispers to Henry after leaning toward him theatrically.

Tags:
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Lair]

"I got some names, all different ones though," MG reports, rattling them off from her notepad. "Any or all of them might be aliases, though. And nearly everyone who recognizes her thought she's some sort of mage. I didn't get much more information than that. No information on the sort of magic. And no clues on why she might have it out for Jade. I doubt the irritation at magic is it."

[Ruinous]

Cubert, Lapis chooses you!

Lapis' extremely rough and utterly without talent support construct lurches through the doorway and quite possibly bowls over the guard. Definitely absorbing the gunshot.

The meter wide cube is large and heavy but not that huge of a threat other than extensive blunt force trauma.

Lapis is moving in behind it, sending a message to her sister as she goes.
To Selekhael wrote:>Bahdalel: I found a basement hidden under the floor maybe? It's hard to see when you're Drifting I'll mark it on your map.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Magical Girl Herding]

A smidgen of heroism is scooted Victoria's way.

It isn't a whole lot.

Just a nudge of encouragement.

Like a gentle elbow to the side and a friendly smile. Victoria just needs to believe in herself.

"Yeah, the roach girl," Khannie confirms, doing her best to maintain a stony expression. She really isn't a fan of bugs. "But that's basically it. He threatened to use the swamp with despair trick unless I Wished the 'irregularity' away. He was saying that he was going to manually bewitch Victoria first so I checked in on her."

She doesn't mention the state Victoria was in.

"Then he was trying to get me to Wish away some kinda god that also doesn't like him? Well, him and everyone else," Khannie adds, looking to Victoria for confirmation. "So now we're trying to round up as many Girls together as we can. There's a plan."

But she doesn't elaborate on that right away. Instead the gnome just gets a meaningful look.

"I figured a nice Magical Girl party's a solid way to boost morale. And we can't really sit around, gotta keep moving," Khannie adds in a somewhat diversionary way.

As she's talking the fingers on her right hand tighten into a fist. She's halfway expecting Kyubey to pop up again and if he does he's going to get sucker punched. Khannie may not have Magical Girl power anymore but getting decked by a martially focused pokemon isn't any fun.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Ruinous
"We don't have much time," four-ish minutes is more than none, "But I can make do." She could stretch that time into a few subjective hours, if the weird temporal anomalies permit. But she'd like to get into a good position first. "Will she be safe if we leave her here?" Sele gestures to Syncope. She doesn't like her, but leaving someone to die isn't something she does. She doesn't sound worried about the scary mage. "She was right about one thing. It takes something truly exceptional to really hurt me." She will not elaborate on her weaknesses further.

The Lair
"I dunno, Jade hates magic enough, I could see her pissing some wizard of enough to kill her out of spite," It's clear Jason's joking to make light of a serious situation. This is very stressful for him. "We should see if she's been anywhere near the crime scene. Or really you should while I work on this."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Pontius' Custom Constructs

The store is basically as they left it, though Pontius and no apprentices are waiting in the main store. He's sat on the same chair as before, and smiles as Sandals and Lia enters. "Yes, of course. This way." Pontius leads his chair to the workshop part of the building, a large and heavy door which opens when he gestures at it. No mechanics or electronics are involved; just magic. swinging silently forward and there's no limbs involved, eitehr.

Beyond, it's a large workshop split into several distinct areas for working on different types of construct. There's a forge with all the accoutrements for casting metal, as well as the tools for working steel or iron, including very large buckets of oil and water to quench hot metal in. There's also an area dedicated to masonry, with several half-finished statues and sculptures resting within. One block of marble with a rough head will follow Lea's movements around the building. Far from the smithy and forge, there's an area dedicated to woodwork and joinery, with some ornate furnishings hanging around partly complete as they await veneers and doorhandles. A large wardrobe gives the impression of waiting impatiently.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[brackets lover] wrote: Jul 21, 2023 3:31 pm [Church of Venus]

Jon slowly blinks as he's petted, tilting his head up and letting his ears back.

When water is brought to him, he sniffs it. As his senses gave him no reason for pause, he'd begin schlopping up the water for a few minutes. After draining a sizable portion of the water, he reassesses the situation, keeping his sense of smell honed for any sign of danger.
[Church of Venus]

The three worshippers by Jon continue various inane things, like how cute of a doggie Jon is, or how one of them has a dog of their own and that they should bring it by another day, or other things like that.

The water tastes pretty pure. Like spring water.

The dog's senses will be able to pick up a couple things of note: first, there's not anything that's immediately dangerous, but there are a few things that might be of concern.
The two cultists by the altar - the two with their hoods up - definitely give off a smell that isn't quite right. Almost like monsters. Even the insects around the church are avoiding them.
All four cultists with their hoods down, by the wall however, are giving off a very calming whatever to them. If Jon isn't careful, he'll feel very soothed and comfortable and have the desire to go by them.
Up in the sanctuary area, there's also a very unusually human-like smell coming from a hidden alcove, behind a rock. Not at all dangerous, though.
Some of the plants are giving off some very unique pheromones, though.
And...the marmoset. Very much under the influence of those pheromones.

The marmoset climbs just a little closer, then decides it's close enough.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Pontius' Custom Constructs]

Sandels pushes the wheelbarrows through the magic doors, the horse following at his heels. He plunks the wheelbarrow down in the middle of the metalworking area and takes a look around, appraising the displayed tools. He ends his circuit before the forge itself, examining it in detail. After checking its size and what's been used for fuel, he nods approvingly and starts unpacking his load. He begins by fetching the skull-shaped visor of his own armor and the helmet of Ser Persyval again, placing them on an anvil, facing each other.

"You know why it was important to fetch this?", he says, rattling the visor. It might seem to that he's talking to Pontius and Lia, but in truth his words are aimed at Ser Persyval. "This armor was worn by me in a battle against a particularly powerful evil spirit. Some of its parts are also from another world." Another Earth, to be precise, having originally been part of a destroyed Harley Davidson, but the people around are free to imagine what they will. "For these reasons, it has a particular strong connection to the duty and purpose I am going to transfer on to you." He turns to look the knightly ghost in his spectral eyes, holding the ghost's helmet in his hand. "Once I'm done, you will no longer be a mere spirit of an object. You will be a spirit of death, with powers over the same. You will fight evil spirits and free souls of the dead from their earthly chains, so they can move on. Do you understand and agree to all of this?"
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Post by DeBunny »

[Magical Girl Herding]

The gnome eyes the pile of corpses again before painting a little bit of fire over the biggest portion.
The smell of burning-Kyubey is terrible.

"Hm, alright. Let's not waste any more time then. Get on."
Then she begins painting a little magic carpet just outside the corpse-pile.

Victoria takes this time to speak up. Finally.
"Um, the nearest girls from here are Fulmis, Lumia, and-"
"-that umbrella chick."
"-Poppy. It's a parasol. She's usually alone, so we should probably get her first?"

Something that looks suspiciously like a jet turbine is painted onto the back of the carpet.
"Whatever. Unless Punch has a differing opinion, let's go."

[Ruinous]

It's a very ordinary gun. Not even a particularly powerful one, by gun standards.
Cubert is more than its match.

And we can see what Syncope meant by her "shrieking idiots" comment, when the person holding said gun tries to stop Cubert with their bare hands and proceeds to, in fact, be bowled over.
And then starts shrieking in a particularly unholy manner that usually precedes gross skinwalker stuff. Given time, this will be enough to escape Cubert and begin violence, but it'll take at least a few seconds.

Beyond said gross skinwalker stuff, and Cubert, is a short hall leading into a little four-way intersection. The only immediately visible path from where Lapis is at (the middle one) looks like it leads to a freight elevator of some kind.

Meanwhile, upstairs!

Sarah shrugs in regards to Syncope's safety.
"Probably? She's still around every time one of these loops go wrong, so probably. At least the last several."
There's a few little interesting snippets of information in that sentence. Primarily that Syncope has been in here longer than outside-Time suggested, and that Sarah actually remembers the loops unlike Mari.

"I never seem to find the mage in the same place, unlike all the other monsters in here. Last time she was in the room next door, that was a short loop.
Downstairs more often, though. That's...over that way. Stairs down, usually need to get a keycard thing from one of the guards."

Or just be Lapis and command the door to open, instead.

Syncope appears to to be taking mental notes of some kind, moving her fingers in the air in front of her like she's writing on an unseen chalkboard.
Completely checked out.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Jul 21, 2023 10:10 pm [Touring Inside]

"Maaaaan bra, you're totally harshing my vibe," the satyr laments.

Eu is trying to figure out what these words mean. She understands most of them, but the precise way they are being put together just isn't making any sense.

"You sure you don't want to come with for a gnarly party?"

"Is he mixing Sylvan with Common? I'm not catching all of this," Eu stage whispers to Henry after leaning toward him theatrically.
Touring Inside

Henry, somehow, adjusts his accent slightly. It is very difficult to tell if he's trying to get his message across to the satyr better of if he is making fun of him.
"Comes with the territory bro, just what I am. Bein' a ghost harshes lots of vibes." Maybe half as many, being only partially a ghost.
"We're doin' sick magical stuff for punching a bad dude. And not the good bad the bad bad. Party later. Sure your party'll be great though."
"It's a regional dialect. Dealt with enough college guys at work to speak dudebro." he adds to Eu.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Lair]

MG can definitely understand the feeling.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do. Maybe start at the cafe and work my way out from there? It might seem a little suspicious if I'm snooping around after we visited there since I'm a little bit... conspicuous... in that part of town."

Hah.

That's an understatement.

Equestrians aren't exactly non-existent outside Carousel Court, but they aren't common by any means. And if the same waitress is still on duty then that might attract attention she doesn't want.

Then again...

What other choices do they have?

"Okay. We know she vanished right around the time she raided the dumpster. Let's see what else we can find."

Which means!

Time to do some more hoofwork. Morning Glory won't head straight back to the cafe, but she will work the other shops nearby first. If only to let the shifts roll over at the cafe. Trotting around, showing off the mystery photo, asking everyone if they've seen her missing 'friend' recently.

[Magical Girl Herding]

Hmm.

Khannie could have sworn...

That nagging feeling that some jerk was about to attack one of her buddies and that she needed to deck them. Maybe they're just outta range? She used to be able to literally jump clean across the City with Ghost Killing Palm but now that she hasn't got her Soul Gem anymore than kind of reach just isn't possible.

Heck.

They had better hurry.

She doesn't pay any attention to the heap of burning corpses as she hops onto the carpet. "Yeah, let's go for Poppy first. It's seriously dangerous to be alone right now and Poppy hasn't got anyone to watch her back."

Khannie points dramatically in (probably?) the right direction. "Punch it."

[Ruinous]

Cubert is a true hero.

He really doesn't do much of anything to restrain the skinwalker, aside from sitting there and being a large heavy object. But that's really all he NEEDS to do in order to accomplish his task. The real work is done by others.

Lapis hurries past toward the intersection, though not before-
Energy.
"Be Incinerated."
-aiming a pretty simple invocation to drastically raise the temperature of the skinwalker to the point that it spontaneously combusts.

That doesn't require a whole bunch of attention on her part and it SHOULD get the job done so she can focus on more important things!

Like splitting hallways! Lapis takes the left-hand one first because that's what you do when you have multiple ways to go. All the while, she's helpfully using her SEER SKILLS! to update her friend's map with the new information she's gathering.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Thursday Violist wrote: Jul 23, 2023 1:51 am [Church of Venus]

The three worshippers by Jon continue various inane things, like how cute of a doggie Jon is, or how one of them has a dog of their own and that they should bring it by another day, or other things like that.

The water tastes pretty pure. Like spring water.

The dog's senses will be able to pick up a couple things of note: first, there's not anything that's immediately dangerous, but there are a few things that might be of concern.
The two cultists by the altar - the two with their hoods up - definitely give off a smell that isn't quite right. Almost like monsters. Even the insects around the church are avoiding them.
All four cultists with their hoods down, by the wall however, are giving off a very calming whatever to them. If Jon isn't careful, he'll feel very soothed and comfortable and have the desire to go by them.
Up in the sanctuary area, there's also a very unusually human-like smell coming from a hidden alcove, behind a rock. Not at all dangerous, though.
Some of the plants are giving off some very unique pheromones, though.
And...the marmoset. Very much under the influence of those pheromones.

The marmoset climbs just a little closer, then decides it's close enough.
[Church of Venus]

Jon pants with nervous excitement, drawn between several things to investigate. He makes a few running steps towards the cultists with monster-like smells before whimpering and pulling back. Instantly afterwards, he struts towards the calming cultists before pausing glaring at the plants. Finally, he pants for a few seconds before running in the direction of the human-like smell, stirred by its inconpicuity. After all, secrets are hid where they don't stand out.

When he gets close to the smell, he'd sit on his hind legs, being as non-threatening as possible.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

As they head into the back of the workshop, Lia looks around with a little trepidation. As fascinating as all this is, the realm of mechanical creations and burning foundries is not very fungus friendly. Still, she takes a spot by the wall without complaint, sitting cross legged on the floor s she observes Sandels setting things up.

She's more curious about the masonry, and stares back for a little bit at the stone head that seems to be following her movements. Strange, but she can't get too distracted right now. Turning her attention back to the forge, Lia listens as the reaper addresses the suit of armor.

Lia remains silent, and after a few moments begins to work on something of her own. She keeps the project hidden from view, but based on her motions she seems to be hand knitting something.
horses can attack and eat me
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Pontius Custom Constructs

Pontius stays back, close enough to watch without interfering. At least too much.

Ser Persyval nods in agreement, and then speaks. "Yes, I agree to this." He's still very quiet, without anything to echo, but perhaps the nature of his agreement and his imminent transformation will boost things so that Pontius or Lia can hear him.

Lia may find the wool (or whatever she's using) wiggle slightly as she works on her knitting. The energies of Motion and Inspiration are strong here, and both are attracted to her craft.

Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Pontius Custom Constructs]

"Then the pact is made", Sandels says, moving his hands through the air. In truth, he is grasping the silver cord attaching the knight's spirit to his armor. Ser Persyval might feel an uncomfortable tug as the bandaged man wraps it around his fist. Sandels goes and unpacks the rest of the knight's armor, arranging the pieces on the floor, carefully running his fingers across them, as if opening a complex knot. "I will now do as I told: I will move all of you in one piece, so as to make recreation of your body less painful. But be warned: less pain does not mean no pain at all."

Indeed, Ser Persyval may feel an aching pain where his spectral heart ought to be, followed by certain numbness in his limbs, as the Reaper unravels his connection to his physical remains, until the cord is only visibly attached to the knight's old helmet.

Then the work begins in earnest.

Sandels ignites the forge and begins chanting: "From Heaven you were born / struck by hand of God / fell down in an arc of light / sundered the skies and earth..."

Even ordinary fire can remind a human observer of a living creature, but now the flames within the forge definitely begin to move in ways that defy nature. "Through the word of your origin / by song of your birth / in name of the Reaper / I call and command you! / Grow! Warm! Illuminate! Blaze!"

Pontius might realize that, aside from striking the initial spark, the man has done nothing and activated no machinery to fan the flames. The fire inside the forge seems to be doing that part all on its own.

After repeating the words several times, Sandels moves away from the forge and goes to lightly touch every tool made of iron or steel provided to him. He then moves to the wheelbarrow and begins unpacking his own set of armor, laying down the pieces next to Ser Persyval's. He begins another chant while he does this. "Darkness was your light / muteness was your tongue/ death was your life / matter was your spirit..."

A growing, rattling sound soon joins his singing. His words seem to resonate with the objects he just touched.

"... laid in the bowels / dark bowels of marshland / dead beneath the waters / oblivious to all / devoid of all knowing..."

Sandels walks around the armor pieces, examining them. Then, he gestures, and the vibrating pieces lift up from the ground, floating in the air as if held up by invisible strings. He walks back and forth through the cloud of metal, moving the pieces around, testing where different parts might fit together, discarding parts he deems might not.

"... from breasts of maidens three / black milk for soft iron / white milk for birth of steel / red milk for pig iron..."

As he progresses, he occasionally picks up a piece and goes to toss it in the fire. When such piece turn bright hot, bizarrely brighter than the red-tinged flames surrounding it, he goes and picks them up with his fingers, bending them into desired shape with his hands. The heat does not seem to harm either him or his bandages, though it is very real to both Pontius and Lia. Thankfully, they can keep their distance.

When his hands are no longer enough, Sandels takes the silver pendant from around his neck and sticks it in the forge as well. When he pulls it out, it is no longer merely shaped like a hammer, it is a hammer of full size. Helped by iron tongs that move on their own, he begins pounding the more stubborn plates.

"Through words of your origin / by song of your birth / in name of the Reaper / I call thee, brother of fire! I wield the hammer / I strike the spark / I stoke the furnace / to give you shape / to bend you to my will / cast you in sweetest nectar / to make a shield / to craft a weapon / so you would not strike your kin / nor betray your brother!"

This goes on and on. As with the previous song, the bandaged man periodically stops and starts again, singing the same words over and over. Pontius can see the new, combined set is shaping up to be amazingly complex, with varied interlocking pieces, suggesting the whole thing can be folded together like an origami. Practicality of such design might seem questionable, but the master craftsman can also likely tell it won't be held together just by its material strength. There will be a spirit inside of it, capable of moving the entire thing as if it's a living body.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[brackets lover] wrote: Jul 23, 2023 6:06 pm [Church of Venus]

Jon pants with nervous excitement, drawn between several things to investigate. He makes a few running steps towards the cultists with monster-like smells before whimpering and pulling back. Instantly afterwards, he struts towards the calming cultists before pausing glaring at the plants. Finally, he pants for a few seconds before running in the direction of the human-like smell, stirred by its inconpicuity. After all, secrets are hid where they don't stand out.

When he gets close to the smell, he'd sit on his hind legs, being as non-threatening as possible.
[Church of Venus]

The marmoset watches the dog, then hops down and runs outside.

The two monstrous, hooded cultists prepare themselves as Jon runs towards them, but relax once it becomes clear that Jon is obviously just dumb animal running after nothing. Afterwards, at most, they just glance at Jon as he enters the church's sanctuary area at the front, and figure it's not any different than any of the animals that sometimes come up here.
The others pay practically no mind to Jon since, after all, seeing animals entering the church is a pretty common occurrence. Usually, they're wild animals or strays, but a free-range dog isn't that big of a difference.

Where Jon has gone - the hidden alcove where the smell is coming from - there's several pieces of collapsed wall, stone, and other things. Very much not somewhere that people go a lot. Although he's sitting, he'll suddenly feel an influence trying to make him not go over there and to leave this area of the church and go back. However, thanks to Jon's preparations and protection against mental influences, it's barely anything more than a passing feeling.

Moments later, however, Jon will hear something that very much sounds like a voice. It's not actually a voice, but the sounds of the trickling of water, the wind whistling through the trees outside and through the cracks in stone, a stone shifting, and everything else all come together to sound like a voice, speaking in barks and other sounds just as Jon did when he first came in. It says, "(Please don't get any closer to that. I'd rather they not have a reason to look around this area.)"
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Hoofwork
For some reason, the question seems offensive to many of the people MG asks. None of them want to talk about this girl. It takes several tries before finally someone says anything.
"Miss pony, I don't know who put you up to this, but please stop asking about the murder victim. It's all still fresh in our minds and we don't want to think about it.

Ruinous
"Right then, let's go." Sele heads for the stairs. Time around her and anyone near her distorts and accelerates, so she spends as little of the five minutes until the reset as possible. From outside the distortion, she'll appear to be a blur, moving at superhuman speed. From inside (which Mari will be if she follows), everything outside seems to slow to a crawl, almost completely frozen.
Of course if the tangled-up mess of time here reacts poorly to this sort of manipulation, Sele will have to just do without.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Thursday Violist wrote: Jul 24, 2023 9:10 pm [Church of Venus]

The marmoset watches the dog, then hops down and runs outside.

The two monstrous, hooded cultists prepare themselves as Jon runs towards them, but relax once it becomes clear that Jon is obviously just dumb animal running after nothing. Afterwards, at most, they just glance at Jon as he enters the church's sanctuary area at the front, and figure it's not any different than any of the animals that sometimes come up here.
The others pay practically no mind to Jon since, after all, seeing animals entering the church is a pretty common occurrence. Usually, they're wild animals or strays, but a free-range dog isn't that big of a difference.

Where Jon has gone - the hidden alcove where the smell is coming from - there's several pieces of collapsed wall, stone, and other things. Very much not somewhere that people go a lot. Although he's sitting, he'll suddenly feel an influence trying to make him not go over there and to leave this area of the church and go back. However, thanks to Jon's preparations and protection against mental influences, it's barely anything more than a passing feeling.

Moments later, however, Jon will hear something that very much sounds like a voice. It's not actually a voice, but the sounds of the trickling of water, the wind whistling through the trees outside and through the cracks in stone, a stone shifting, and everything else all come together to sound like a voice, speaking in barks and other sounds just as Jon did when he first came in. It says, "(Please don't get any closer to that. I'd rather they not have a reason to look around this area.)"
[Church of Venus]

"(I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause you trouble,)" Jon whimpers, "(Are you the patron deity of this church? I'd like to talk to you, if that's okay.)" Jon rolls on his side, facing away from the source of the voice to avoid seeming like his attention was focused there.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[brackets lover] wrote: Jul 25, 2023 3:51 am [Church of Venus]

"(I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause you trouble,)" Jon whimpers, "(Are you the patron deity of this church? I'd like to talk to you, if that's okay.)" Jon rolls on his side, facing away from the source of the voice to avoid seeming like his attention was focused there.
[Church of Venus]

Jon doesn't actually need to avoid looking at the voice's source, since the voice - originating in the wind, the sound of water, and the sound of wildlife - can come from any direction.

There's no answer for a while, then, from leaves rustling and a bee buzzing, the voice: "(This is my home,)" it says. The wind calms down, and one of the living benches creaks: "(We can speak anywhere in the yard. But if you want to be face-to-face, then go...)"
The sounds stop, then all of a sudden, and then a few trees outside, behind the church building shake as if a localized gust just happened. Over there, by those trees, apparently.

One of the cultists glances over at Jon, wondering what's the dog doing. Must've been stung by a bug, or something, he thinks.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Thursday Violist wrote: Jul 25, 2023 5:01 am [Church of Venus]

Jon doesn't actually need to avoid looking at the voice's source, since the voice - originating in the wind, the sound of water, and the sound of wildlife - can come from any direction.

There's no answer for a while, then, from leaves rustling and a bee buzzing, the voice: "(This is my home,)" it says. The wind calms down, and one of the living benches creaks: "(We can speak anywhere in the yard. But if you want to be face-to-face, then go...)"
The sounds stop, then all of a sudden, and then a few trees outside, behind the church building shake as if a localized gust just happened. Over there, by those trees, apparently.

One of the cultists glances over at Jon, wondering what's the dog doing. Must've been stung by a bug, or something, he thinks.
[Church of Venus]

Tilting his head, Jon barks curiously, "(Go?)" He didn't seem to understand the command, leading him to stare blankly ahead in confusion.

He gets stirred from the shaking of the trees, though, leading him to immediately sprint in the direction of them. Again, he would sit a fair distance away from where he heard the gust, or at least put his front paws up on any wall or barrier he hadn't noticed before that may suddenly get in his way.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

The wind almost sounds like a sigh.

As it happens, there's a pretty sturdy wall between here and the trees out behind the church. It's actually one of the more sturdy walls of the place, as it's one of the ones that hasn't had any collapse-damage on it. Especially because it doesn't have any windows – broken or empty – on that wall, either. To get out behind the church Jon would either have to jump through one of the empty windows on the side walls, or back out the front door of the church and then around it.

Like earlier, the goddess will try to control Jon directly: and, like earlier, thanks to Jon's preparations, likely ends up being just a fleeting impulse. Specifically, the fleeting impulse is to chase after the monkey and follow it. The goddess, feeling that not working, then says through the wind and other natural sounds, "(Go outside, behind the building.)"

The monkey – the marmoset from earlier – is sitting back on the window sill by the entrance, and has already been controlled so that it will run behind the church building if chased, to a group of various trees just dense enough that they can't be seen all the way through.

Should Jon go there behind the church...
At first, there pretty clearly isn't anyone there. But then, suddenly and from behind the thickest tree, there' is someone: like a centaur, but whose lower body is a pretty short deer instead of a horse, and with long red hair that goes down almost to the ground, and pointed ears, and purple catlike eyes, and vines and flytraps and sugar-smelling white flowers and perfume-smelling balls of yellow flowers all growing as part of her hair.
She peeks out from behind the tree.
She, at the same time, feels just as divine as has been permeating throughout the area yet also gives off a feeling of mundanity, as if it's perfectly normal and natural that she's there, exactly as normal as it is for there to be some random person walking down the street with a bag of groceries.
"(Hey, you wanted to talk?)" she says, quietly.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Lia watches with interest as Sandels begins the forging, the faint acknowledgement of Ser Persyval not escaping her. She knew magic had to be involved in this process, but what exactly the process was had escaped her. But as hard as it had been to not ask endless questions beforehand, her curiosity is now rewarded with more of a spectacle than she could have imagined.

As the fire burns hotter she shrinks away, but despite her dislike of the extreme temperature she can't take her eyes off the work, the reflection in her unblinking eyes burning as she watches the reaper at work. The song and the hammer strikes blend together into a melodic cacophony, a work of art that Lia can only observe from a distance.

Her own work seems to be going well, despite her focus, and whatever she's making is soon completed. She quickly tucks it away without taking her eyes off Sandels and the armor.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

Jon follows the marmoset, eventually coming face to face with the centaur. He immediately sits and wags his tail, panting, "(Hi! My name's Jon! What's your's?)"

Jon's language skills seemed to fluctuate, becoming drastically more simple and juvenile in casual speech and insightful otherwise.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

The marmoset scurries up a tree.
It doesn't want to be caught, after all.

The lady ends up crouching down, or rather lying down with her deer body. She sticks her palm on one the tree.

"Hi Jon," she says, "I'm Venus." She feels the impulse to scratch Jon behind the ears, but doesn't do it because she figures that might be rude. So, instead, she just asks, "So what did you want to ask me about?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

"(Nothing in particular,)" Jon barks, "(I just make it a habit of meeting interesting people. The recent events here made me curious, so I wanted to see what was up.)" He pauses for a second, looking in a random direction. "(I smelled some monsters near the front, by the way. Most likely in disguise.)"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

Venus's hand ends up phasing inside of the tree.
She just leaves it in there. "(Ah, I see,)" she says, still fairly quiet. "(I wouldn't say I'm that interesting.)"

The breeze starts picking up a little. It looks like there's a chance it will rain sometime in the next half-hour. Venus looks upwards, and the trees they're under start growing their canopy a little more thickly.

"(Well, this is my home. I took it because it was empty and close by, but then people started showing up...)"
She looks over her shoulder, in the direction of the church building. "(They're not monsters. They're just normal people...)" she says. Venus pauses. Honestly, she's not really used to talking in the tongue of canids, so she's finding difficulty in being evasive or explaining things in a round-about way. So, she sighs and then decides she has no choice but to just be forward: "(Several months ago, they got corrupted by some pretty nasty creatures. And the only reason why they were open to the corruption was partly because of me, so...I mean, don't get me wrong, some of them were monsters before that, but that was just because they were just awful people to begin with. But they're all still people at their core...)"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The forge's already enchanted to do a lot of the work on its own; the bellows are self-pumping, and whilst all the tools are manual there's several animated constructs for holding and carrying them around. Pontius is less interested in the tools, and more in what Sandals is doing. It's pretty clear the Reaper is using energies and magic he's naturally attuned to, though Pontius is unaware that that energy is 'death'. It might not help him learn, but it's very interesting to watch, and frankly that's worth it too.

Ser Persyval also watches, wincing occasionally and following Sandals without getting in the way. Ser Persyval has witnessed a smith work before, so even though Sandals' techniques are perhaps not familiar the spirit does know enough to avoid crowding. He's also sweating, clearly affected by the heat, and... sometimes it even drips to the floor as liquid water.

[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Church of Venus]

Jon turns back to Venus, avoiding direct eye contact. "(I understand now. Thank you.)" Jon slowly blinks, internally associating the church as benign. With his mission accomplished, he allowed his mind to go vacant. He wanders around the area, exploring in a purely animalistic way.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Pontius' Custom Constructs]

Sandels works through the night, without once stopping to drink or to take a break. Sometimes, when he walks past Ser Persyval's ghost, he causes the drops of sweat on the floor to boil and evaporate. It seems that, though he does not burn, he does absorb and radiate heat. If one would toss a pail of water at him, one could imagine it turning into steam as if thrown on a hot stove.

As his works nears completion, Sandels gathers the pieces he discarded and tosses them into a crucible. Then, with a gesture, he lifts the molten metal out of it as floating droplets of varying sizes. He spins them in the air and shapes them with a thought, turning them into elements of a pistol. When the shape is right and the metal solidifies again, the animated tongs grab them and quench some of them in the oil. Final assembly of the weapon, Sandels does by hand. After checking the moving parts work as intented, he leaves it on the anvil and goes to work on finishing touches on the Armor.

By dawn, he is done. He stops his tireless chanting and picks up Ser Persyval's helmet. He hands it to the ghosts. "Here. The last part requires you to put it all back on." With his other hand, the Reaper picks up the reworked skull visor, still shimmering from heat.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

For her part, Lia has remained observing the entire time. She seems unaware of the passage of time, sitting in the same position for hours as Sandels works. The heat seems to have taken its toll however, as by the end of the night she's looking especially gray and exhausted. Still, she wouldn't miss this for anything. Not only is the magical forging fascinating, it's also the end result of what she's helped work on for quite a while now, and seeing the armor reach its completion is worth the wait.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Hoofwork]

Oh.

Huh.

That was a pretty surprising find.

Morning Glory will bow out pretty quickly after that, her mind whirling. This was, apparently, the person who was killed? Jade killing some kind of creepy stalker doesn't seem beyond possibility but the fact that she vanished for a few weeks BEFORE turning up dead is definitely strange. Once she's a comfortable distance away from the cafe again, she'll phone Jason.

"I've got an ID on our fur-thief. She's also the homicide victim."

Vulpicide victim?

"This is only getting more and more suspicious. Do we have any information on why Intersection is certain the murder was carried out by a kumiho? There's too much that isn't adding up."