Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Post by Thursday Violist »

quillpleasant wrote: Aug 12, 2023 5:26 am Alice can't help but giggle at Talah's dramatic pose. "You know, I've never had that specific fantasy, but now that you mention it that does sound pretty great. I don't know what a Cutie Rod is, but I so want to now."

She taps her lip thoughtfully, eyes narrowing, and Talah can almost see the wheels turning in her mind as she explores an idea. "You know... I may not have magic per se, but sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. If you wanted, I could build you a suit that would give you enough power to be a superhero. Or to just mess around and have fun with."

Alice draws on the bar with a finger, sketching out a blueprint in her mind. "If I used narrativium charged electrum as a base and combined it with energized cornerverse silk, I could..." she trails off, suddenly looking sheepish. "Sorry, I tend to get carried away with ideas like that. You probably weren't being serious."
Talah leans against her hand and does some serious self-reflection. "Thinking about it honestly, if I had super powers I would probably be trying to spend all my time doing hero things, because I would feel guilty if I wasn't there to help someone that needed it. But...I would probably also feel guilty if someone got hurt if I wasn't good enough at using superpowers. Or if I got in the way of first responders. And...I don't know, I don't think I could deal with supervillains, either. I would just try too hard to talk things down all the time."

She audibly sighs.
"Geez, that's a downer. 'I shouldn't be a superhero because I'd feel bad about it all the time. Also I'll feel bad about not being a hero, too.'" She shakes her head, as if trying to shake the thought pattern out.

Talah takes a big drink of llamonade, and then puts her forehead down on the counter. "All I'll have to do is just set pretty strict boundaries with myself," she says into the counter. "Well, I guess if I actually did get powers or a suit or whatever, I would end up using them."

She exhales.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

"Aw..." Alice reaches over to give Talah's shoulder a comforting squeeze. "I didn't mean to make you all stressed. Superhero stuff is fun to talk about, but you don't need to worry over it- it's all hypothetical. I mean, I could make you a suit, but that was more me trying to impress you, I didn't really think through how much that would actually affect your life."

She sighs pensively, staring across the bar at nothing in particular. "When Kraujo was bound to me, after the initial panic and recovery and stuff, I tried being a vigilante for a while to hunt down the people who summoned him. It worked for a while, but it was also terrifying, and dealing with bad people is a lot less satisfying than in stories. And a lot messier."

Alice absently taps her knee with her own fingers. "I realized that I could do a lot more good by inventing helpful things and just being kind to people. So as fun as heroics are, I think that they're better as daydreams and stories than reality."

"Choice of coward," rasps Kraujo, but it doesn't sound like he really means it.
horses can attack and eat me
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

With her head still on the counter, Talah makes a "Nnnnn" sound.

She takes a deep breath, then pushes herself up. She pats her own cheeks, then breathes out. "Okay, I'm fine now." She smiles to prove her point.

"I mean, you're both already impressive," she says. They can make pretty impressive things, a good relationship with each other, synergy as evidenced by how Kraujo was able to make a schematic for the phone so easily...

Talah rolls her shoulders back.
"To be honest, I think inventing things is really neat. I actually wanted to design things, but I quickly found out how outclassed I was, compared to everything else here," she says. So, instead, she went into modeling, apparently.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Alice arches an eyebrow, looking doubtful that Talah is fine, smiles or no. "If you say so. It's okay to not be okay, you know." And while having an existential crisis over the potential of superheroes is understandable, it does seem to hint at some deeper fears or concerns.

"Impressive or not, it'd be a pretty poor showing if I just coasted off appearances without backing it up with actions, no? I could be the most skillful person in the world and it wouldn't mean a thing if I stopped trying. And you're impressive yourself, so."

At Talah's comment on being outclassed, Alice puts her hand to her face with a look of sorrow. "Noooo! Designing is a creative thing, there's no outclassing. If you're putting your imagination into reality and having fun, then it doesn't matter if it's perfect or even useful. The act of creating is special, you shouldn't compare what you make to others!" This is clearly something she feels quite strongly about, as she seems genuinely emotional over the idea of someone giving up on inventing due to feelings of inadequacy.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Aug 12, 2023 5:12 pm "They were these cultist-like types. Had one mouthy, self-important leader." Hiep's voice lacks much conviction. Seems like Anika already forgot. "We took a swim in the moonwell and returned to Vigil later." Hopefully she won't have to spell out what else they did in the moonwell and Vigil.
Anika appears to consider this new information for a moment. Seemingly confused. "Are you like a dream person?" She waves her hand at Hiep as if expecting it to go right through her, but instead she simply finds herself touching the sinderal's face.

"Er." The druid quickly removes the hand. "Doesn't feel like a dream." She ponders this for another moment, studying Hiep. Her amber eyes stopping as she for the third time looks at the wanderers hair.

"...you got green pubes too, right? Since I remember sucking green in a dream. Like in an emerald dream." The druid rubs her chin thoughtfully as she then turns to Zee.

"Oh, aren't, uh, C-commands children also dragons?" She was fairly sure that if someone looked kinda like a dragon they might also be able to turn into one. "Since I remember the one also starting with a C hanging out with Lapis a lot."
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"Yeah, I do." Hiep has about as much restraint as Anika on this topic. Whether it's fortunate or not is a mystery. "This is new, though. Not like how people usually forget me."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Zee makes a loud snorting sound at the mention of emerald dreams, disguising it poorly by laughing so hard she starts coughing.

Excellent job, Zee.

Top of the shelf showing right there.

Once Zee manages to gather her wits again she provides some very important information! "Hiep here under a terrible curse that makes people forget her story but apparently not her hair color sometimes."

That will never not be funny.

"So naturally I offered to find someone she had made friends with that forgot her! In which case that's you," she indicates Anika. "And I can provide you with a Buff that'll make it so you DON'T forget her! She seems like the sort of person who could really use a companion since hers is a very lonely existence."

A beat.

"Unlike Cora. Since she's a great kid and people don't forget her. I think she's one-quarter dragon? Since her sire was half dragon and ostensibly one of her grandparents is a regular dragon. Dunno if Cora can get more dragony?"

That's a question for sure.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

quillpleasant wrote: Aug 17, 2023 5:22 am Alice arches an eyebrow, looking doubtful that Talah is fine, smiles or no. "If you say so. It's okay to not be okay, you know." And while having an existential crisis over the potential of superheroes is understandable, it does seem to hint at some deeper fears or concerns.

"Impressive or not, it'd be a pretty poor showing if I just coasted off appearances without backing it up with actions, no? I could be the most skillful person in the world and it wouldn't mean a thing if I stopped trying. And you're impressive yourself, so."

At Talah's comment on being outclassed, Alice puts her hand to her face with a look of sorrow. "Noooo! Designing is a creative thing, there's no outclassing. If you're putting your imagination into reality and having fun, then it doesn't matter if it's perfect or even useful. The act of creating is special, you shouldn't compare what you make to others!" This is clearly something she feels quite strongly about, as she seems genuinely emotional over the idea of someone giving up on inventing due to feelings of inadequacy.
"I am okay," Talah reiterates, trying to shut down any more doubts or questions about that.

Talah bites her lip, laughs with a "Heh,", looks down, and responds, "You're saying something that sounds like what my art teacher would say, way back when."
She adds for clarification, "I disagreed with it then, too. Creating just for the sake of creating isn't something I find fun, but feels more like a chore. Making something that's useful or that other people enjoy or that's better than what currently exists is what I find fun. So...we're probably at an impasse here." Talah wrings her hands: this appears to be a topic that Alice is adamant on, so she tries thinking of which direction would be best to move on after this conversation.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Alice looks quite conflicted for a moment, then she breaks into a wide grin. "Hey- I respect it. It's boring if people agree all the time, and that kind of opposed viewpoint is refreshing! I'll have to think on it for a while." She sips her drink thoughtfully.

"We disagree lots, you don't tell me it's refreshing," mutters Kraujo.

"Well maybe if you talked more about philosophy and less about less about murder and bodily fluids I'd feel the same about you."

"Can talk about anything. Watch." The blood arm stretches around in a wide loop until it's about head height to Talah, turning to 'look' at her. "You model. What is strangest job you been asked to do? Fashion full of... oddities, must be some story."

"Oh come on, she just said she didn't want to talk about her work," protests Alice.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 17, 2023 4:54 pm Zee makes a loud snorting sound at the mention of emerald dreams, disguising it poorly by laughing so hard she starts coughing.

Excellent job, Zee.

Top of the shelf showing right there.

Once Zee manages to gather her wits again she provides some very important information! "Hiep here under a terrible curse that makes people forget her story but apparently not her hair color sometimes."

That will never not be funny.

"So naturally I offered to find someone she had made friends with that forgot her! In which case that's you," she indicates Anika. "And I can provide you with a Buff that'll make it so you DON'T forget her! She seems like the sort of person who could really use a companion since hers is a very lonely existence."

A beat.

"Unlike Cora. Since she's a great kid and people don't forget her. I think she's one-quarter dragon? Since her sire was half dragon and ostensibly one of her grandparents is a regular dragon. Dunno if Cora can get more dragony?"

That's a question for sure.
Morty wrote: Aug 17, 2023 4:44 pm "Yeah, I do." Hiep has about as much restraint as Anika on this topic. Whether it's fortunate or not is a mystery. "This is new, though. Not like how people usually forget me."
"You okay, um, ma'm?" Anika worries that Zee might have contracted some kind of dragon-disease. But it seems like she was just laughing. Or something very similar to it at least.

Phew!

But what Zee informs her of makes her looks at Hiep in disbelief. "I- I got cursed? Aw, man! I'm so sorry, dude!"
Anika turns to Zee again. "How long does the buff last? Since, uh, I easily forget stuff even without the help of curses. Usually not people who I've shagged though." It was only the most twisted kind of curses that made you forget about sex!

"I hope it's not infectious anything since that curse sounds way worse than those that just do damage and stuff." Anika had a few more questions for Zee regarding dragons but those could wait until this curse business had been resolved.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"No, it's not contagious. The curse is on me and only affects me." As before, Hiep seems matter of fact about it.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Somebody walks into the tavern, barefoot and limping a little. He's apparently human, and quite attractive. He's got tanned skin and dark brown hair, and he's wearing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt with some holes in it. He's got green eyes, and looks around as he stumbles to a table and sits down.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Some things are just easier to disagree about..." Talah comments.

She looks at the blood arm, and bites her lip. Sure, she did say she didn't want to talk about work. But she already did talk about it, and talking about an amusing story is substantially different than thinking about marketing and promotion.

"If it's just a story, I don't mind," she tells Alice.

She thinks about what she should tell, and taps her fingers on the counter. How she started doing modeling? Nah, that's not quite the strangest. "Well, this one guy I did several different shoots for over several weeks. At first, it was pretty standard: just normal pictures. Second time, same. Third time, he wanted me to pose with a knife. Week after that, the outfits were pretty...interesting, is probably the best way to describe it. He was paying pretty well, so I was still going along with it for another week, but on my way out I had a weird feeling and looked in a stack of papers, and found out he was using my pictures to recruit for his cult. Ended up changing my number not long after that."
quillpleasant wrote: Aug 18, 2023 10:20 pm Alice looks quite conflicted for a moment, then she breaks into a wide grin. "Hey- I respect it. It's boring if people agree all the time, and that kind of opposed viewpoint is refreshing! I'll have to think on it for a while." She sips her drink thoughtfully.

"We disagree lots, you don't tell me it's refreshing," mutters Kraujo.

"Well maybe if you talked more about philosophy and less about less about murder and bodily fluids I'd feel the same about you."

"Can talk about anything. Watch." The blood arm stretches around in a wide loop until it's about head height to Talah, turning to 'look' at her. "You model. What is strangest job you been asked to do? Fashion full of... oddities, must be some story."

"Oh come on, she just said she didn't want to talk about her work," protests Alice.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"I'll definitely survive," Zee replies to the inquiry about her wellness. "And think of it like..."

Zee taps her lips with a finger in thought.

Oh!

Idea!

"Like Hiep here has an aura, right? And anyone IN it gets a debuff that makes them forget anything involving her, specifically. But like any aura it drops off really fast, right?" Zee explains helpfully. "And MY work is permanent. I can tell how Hiep's 'aura' is working. And I'm pretty sure I can counter-act it. Just not on HER. I can't make the aura go away. But I can make it so someone doesn't pick up the debuff. Get it?"

Anika might not get it.

After all, she didn't pay much attention on the buffs and debuffs part of druid school.

"Oop, hang on one sec. If you decide you want me to give you the buff Anika you let me know, okay? I've got to help that guy over there," Zee says before sliding over to the green-eyed newcomer. "Welcome to Trog's Tavern! I'm Zee, what can I do for you today?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Welcome, Zee. I am Adrie, it's a pleasure to meet you." The newcomer smiles at Zee, revealing very white teeth, and bows slightly. "I would like a pint of lager, please, and if possible some sausage. I fear I have little to pay you with; though a jewel merchant, I find myself without my stock. All I have are these stones with swirls upon them." Adrie pulls out a white ballast stone which does indeed have a swirl engraved upon it.

quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

The blood arm lets out a bark of laughter. "Ha! Funny story. I like it." Kraujo's fingers momentarily shift to resemble a toothy grin before rippling back to their usual configuration.

"Not so much funny as concerning," remarks Alice, whistling. "It's a good thing you were able to figure their intentions out, that could have gotten ugly. I have a particular, uh, distaste for cults?" She grimaces, shifting in her seat. "Nothing worse than a bunch of innocent people convinced that they're doing the right thing by hurting themselves or others." It's clear that she speaks from experience here.

"Still, all's well that ends well. Hopefully that kind of experience is the exception to the norm for your career," she says, shaking her hair out of her eyes.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Aug 20, 2023 11:36 am "No, it's not contagious. The curse is on me and only affects me." As before, Hiep seems matter of fact about it.
"Oh I know these buffs. Professional quest givers like Zee always give them out for specific quests." Anika observers as Zee goes to help the new patron. "I'd be okay with it for sure-" She taps her chin. "Though my sister always warned me about Zee, actually. Said she was some kind of... what was that word? Abri- aber- abbreviation? No, that can't be it..."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Ooh, neat," is the extent of Zee's comments on rocks. "We accept pretty much anything as payment jere at Trog's. Usually people don't abuse it."

The stones are taken and left in the money box. Then some beer is fetched!

"You let me know if there's anything else you need okay?" Zee says to the newcomer. "Zee's an abbreviation. It's short for Yezekiel. But that probably isn't what your sister was talking about. Druids usually don't like me very much, ir my kind anyway, since we don't fit in nature boxes that well.:
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Who does fit in boxes, at the end of the day?" Hiep shrugs. "People try to categorize thing and next they know something came up that doesn't fit anywhere." She looks to Zee. "But when I look at you, I feel... I don't know, kinship? Like you're one of the gods from the Bureau. And we both stand on the sidelines, watching people."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

quillpleasant wrote: Aug 22, 2023 6:53 pm The blood arm lets out a bark of laughter. "Ha! Funny story. I like it." Kraujo's fingers momentarily shift to resemble a toothy grin before rippling back to their usual configuration.

"Not so much funny as concerning," remarks Alice, whistling. "It's a good thing you were able to figure their intentions out, that could have gotten ugly. I have a particular, uh, distaste for cults?" She grimaces, shifting in her seat. "Nothing worse than a bunch of innocent people convinced that they're doing the right thing by hurting themselves or others." It's clear that she speaks from experience here.

"Still, all's well that ends well. Hopefully that kind of experience is the exception to the norm for your career," she says, shaking her hair out of her eyes.
"Eh, concerning stories can get pretty funny in retrospect," Talah says, waving dismissively like it's not that big of a deal anymore. "But, yeah. I try to better screen people who hire me now."

She nods: "That time was pretty out of the ordinary. Most of the time, the worst of it is a bunch of weirdos who just need clear boundaries."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"A job, I think. Or some charity. As you can see, I have no shoes. And whilst I had a large house and a goldsmith's shop, I suspect all that has been taken from me even if I managed to return to Amsterdam." What with being arrested and imprisoned in an extradimensional space for longer than he knows about, due that space not having its own supply of time.

quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

"Well, weirdos sound a lot better than cultists. Not by much though." Alice smiles sympathetically. "But yeah, I've certainly dealt with some situations that are a lot funnier after the fact than they were at the time."

"Like the time we almost got killed by a child," rasps Kraujo.

"Yeah, exactly," says Alice, exhaling a laugh at the memory. "In front of an audience, too."

She takes a sip of her drink, thinking. "Okay, new topic- you said you wanted to be an inventor. If you had the means, time, and skill to create anything you could imagine, what would you make? It could be as big and world changing or small and practical as you like."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Getting almost killed by a child sounds like it could either be hilarious or terrifying," Talah comments, "depending on the context." Like, horror scenario? Definitely terrifying.

She imagines what sort of situation would lead to that happening. Probably...some kind of stage performance gone wrong, she thinks. Or actually, maybe given that Kraujo's kind-of a demon? arm? person? thing?, it could've been some kind of twisted cult ceremony where the leaders put children in charge of doing rituals.

"Hmmm..." With the other topic, Talah needs to think. "Well, probably, if I had the skill and knowledge," she says, "I would definitely make medical stuff. Like, imaging tech, monitoring tech, implants, that kind of thing." She traces her finger on the side of her glass. "Affordability and manufacturability would definitely be the highest priorities, obviously alongside safety." She drops her finger, and bites her lip. "And...I dunno, I'd probably have it integrate with magic. But if it's got magic in it, why not just go all-in and just use magic to eliminate the need for it?"
Talah sighs, thinking about it. "In that case, there'd have to be..." She strums her fingers on the counter. "Probably some that have magic integrated in them, and some without. And there'd obviously have to be changes based on, like, how elf biology differs from sharkperson and so on."

Talah lies her hand out flat. "There, that's what I would make with enough skill and knowledge to do it."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

"Kind of both? It was a voluntary gladiator arena type deal, and we didn't know who we'd be fighting. I was so confused when this little dark elf kid walked out the opposite door, I thought it was a joke," recalls Alice.

"Kid turned into monster. Hairy, four arms. Drank blood. Hard to fight someone when you are soup to them," says Kraujo wisely.

Alice listens with great interest to Talah as she describes her ideas. "Well, technology and magic are twins- sometimes they're even the same thing. So I think integrating them would work well."

She leans on her elbow, smiling. "You know, it says a lot about you that your go to is to think of something that could help people, and you consider easily overlooked stuff like accessibility. A lot of people would just come up with something cool or crazy without focusing on those details." The device itself seems less important to Talah than the ways it can improve the world.

Alice nods in approval, then blinks rapidly. "Wow, I hadn't realized I was getting so tired. But this conversation is far more interesting than sleep. Speaking of which, do you ever recall your dreams? I like to keep a journal with the most interesting ones."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Oh, wow. A child who turns into a monster is pretty scary. And it'd make a pretty great horror movie plot. Talah gives a low whistle.

Talah bites her lip to stop herself from smiling back, and grumbles to pretend to hide that she's actually really happy at what Alice is saying about it. "Yeah, but...the reason why I know I currently can't make it myself is because I know those sometimes-overlooked things," she says, "and that there's no way I can come close to beating out what already is out, so it's not that surprising." Even so, she's still really happy Alice said those things.

Talah thinks back to her dreams. "Sometimes I remember them," she says. With her right hand, she reaches to touch one of her own fingers. "...mostly they're based on old memories. But...I rarely write them down, so I usually forget them unless it's, like, the same day."

She thinks some more, trying to figure out if Alice would rather talk about her own interesting dreams that she's had, or listen to Talah talking about the ones she's had. "Which interesting ones do you tend to have?" she ends up asking.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

"You know what you'd be good at? Being an ethical consultant. All those people who make crazy stuff without thinking of the social benefits and pitfalls need someone who actually cares about people to keep them in line. Just a thought." There's plenty of mad scientists and evil geniuses who could have contributed greatly to society if there was just someone whose job was to make sure their creations were a net positive on the world.

Alice nods knowingly. "Yeah, if you don't write them down it's a lot harder to remember them. When I started keeping a dream journal it made them all a lot more vivid." Of course, it can be hard to write things down when you've just woken up and your brain is bleary.

She spins her barstool back and forth as she thinks. "Let's see... I have these recurring dreams about giant seagulls, the size of zeppelins. Just watching them soar through the sky. No idea what it means, but they're peaceful." For being so good at remembering dreams, Alice knows nothing about their symbolism. "What about you, any that really stick with you?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 23, 2023 3:32 pm "Ooh, neat," is the extent of Zee's comments on rocks. "We accept pretty much anything as payment jere at Trog's. Usually people don't abuse it."

The stones are taken and left in the money box. Then some beer is fetched!

"You let me know if there's anything else you need okay?" Zee says to the newcomer. "Zee's an abbreviation. It's short for Yezekiel. But that probably isn't what your sister was talking about. Druids usually don't like me very much, ir my kind anyway, since we don't fit in nature boxes that well.:
"Oh, whoops." Anika freezes up for a moment as she though Zee hadn't been listening. "Sorry for calling you an abbreviation, Zee. I had no idea druids usually don't like you. You seem like a pretty cool person to me."

The druid turns to Hiep. "Don't get my sister wrong though. She didn't say anything about any boxes. They don't even make those people-sized y'know? Not even gnomes fit into most of them." Seemed pretty obvious to her. "I think she was more talking about the, uh, 'vibes'. Like, she was using that 'ant' comparison. How everyone else was like really tiny compared to them and you can't trust a giant to not accidentally step on you." She gestures to Zee.

"Since Lapis always tell everyone how big you are."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"I hope ethical consulting's not one of those jobs where you need five years of experience for an entry-level job," Talah says, before she sips some most of the rest of her llamonade. She's not going to seriously chase after that kind of job - her current one is decent enough at the moment - but it's something to talk about.

"Huh. I don't know what seagulls are supposed to mean in dreams, either," she says. She runs her fingers across her cheek, and thinks about what dreams she can remember. "I don't have any recurring dreams," Talah claims, "but I can remember two I had right now. The first, I was a little rectangular robot in some postapocalyptic world who could jump between two different worlds, trying to lead a group of other little robots in some kind of puzzle adventure, I guess. And another I remember, I was in a relationship with two people at once but half the time I was trying to not let them know about each other and the other half of the time I was trying to get them to hook up with each other."
She pauses, and realizes both of those dreams have the superficial similarity of duality. "And, no, I don't think there's any deeper meaning behind the similarities in those dreams, it was just a coincidence."

Talah taps on her cheek.
"Oh, wait, even though there's no recurring dreams, I have noticed there's a recurring figure that keeps on showing up in a bunch of different ones. It's some lady with, like, a bunch of arms and wings and horns. Whatever, it's probably someone I just saw in passing one time and they really stood out in my mind."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

"Oh yeah, it might be. I have no idea. Those kind of requirements are always stupid, maybe you could freelance or something." As an inventor, Alice is very used to freelancing.

She listens attentively to Talah's dreams, sipping her drink silently. "That robot dream sounds like it would make a fun game, I like it! And the relationship one is amusing. Too bad you couldn't have told your dream self the importance of communication." Such a situation could turn out well for everyone, but only if all parties were made aware of what was going on.

Alice purses her lips thoughtfully at the mention of the recurring figure. "That's interesting. Multiple arms and horns and stuff makes me think demon more than anything else- I've met a few who could be described that way. I guess demons aren't too uncommon here, but I wonder if there's some deeper meaning behind it?"

"Met a dream demon long time ago. Nasty claws. Be careful with that," pipes in Kraujo.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Box shaped people fit in boxes," Zee helpfully points out. "Like modrons! Mordons? Whatever they're called. The little robotic platonic solids people. They're basically the very incarnation of people fitting in boxes."

This is, of course, vital information.

"And I don't mind much! I get called lots of things. Being big is about a matter of perspective. Even someone who's so big that they can smoosh bugs when they're walking can still be careful to avoid it. It just means you have to be mindful of what you're doing. It takes effort! And it takes valuing the lives of others. And unfortunately some people don't really care about either of those things but I sure do."

Zee is just nice like that.

"So anyway! Quest buff!" Zee declares before reaching out to quest buff Anika by booping her on the nose with a finger. This might not be exactly the most the orthodox way of conferring quest buffs but Zee is anything but orthodox. "There! Buffed! And now the quest. So there are some creeps called phyrexians that have been making some trouble around town recently. They tried to infect some people with a gross robot mind control disease thing! I've even been told by some patrons that they're some kind of infectious demon but I'm not sure if that's right. Could you two check it out for me? Try getting some information on them? It sounds like they might not be a united front and that would be great to know more about."

But then!

More requests!

Zee considers the request of the guy from Amsterdam.

"Hmm... I'm not much of a cobbler," Zee admits. This is true. She makes few, if any, shoes. Apparently they didn't offer shoes in extra-dimensional prisons? That doesn't seem very nice. "And getting started from nothing is definitely tricky. How did you lose your shop and end up here?"