Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Inside

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

"Wow. Fancy place you got. You got a dragon-sized lair squirreled somewhere too?"
Rowan gives him a wide smile. "Have as much of the pies as you want." He won't be looking after all.

Rowan goes into the courtyard and starts doing a quarterstaff practice routine. It's rather amusing; he knows what he's doing. Or at least he did at one point. But when he last practiced his feet were one third the size, he didn't have a tail, and he was about a tenth of the size. So he keeps tripping over himself.

Meanwhile, the pies on the cart continue to sit there, being warm and delicious.

Tags:
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

"No, no lair." Renault admits with a chuckle. He will help himself to a pie, or two, depending on how big they are and how quickly he can eat them. "These are really delicious, by the way." He comments between bites while watching Rowan. He winces a few times when Rowan trips over his own tail.

"Do you... want some help practicing?" The elf offers.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

The pies are full size (and blueberry) so it would take a long time to devour it...but Renault is a dragon. They're magically delicious! How actually magic is up for debate.

"No, no! I'm fine. Besides you don't have experience being shaped like this either." Renault has experience being a dragon but not a bipedal one. He continues to swing away. He seems to be getting the hang of it.
"I mean, I'm not actually going to be bludgeoning anyone with this. Probably."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

"Probably not, but the reinforcement charm is there in case you do." Renault says, dusting crumbs from his fingers. He's had one pie, but... should he have another? They did fill him up. Or at least, make him feel less like eating a roast cow. "I've designed the charm to be self-renewing. The crystal will draw tiny bits of mana from the environment to power itself. You could infuse it more strongly, yourself, if you needed to."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

The rest of the pies continue to sit there tantalizingly. They're all his. But not the card, Rowan needs that back.
"Well. Thanks! I'll let you know if I have any questions. I guess I'm a magic craftsman myself so I can probably figure it out. Here."
Rowan holds the staff in the crook of his arm and starts filling out a check.
Renault might not be able to accept it with his fingers covered in fruity pie filling.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

"Oh!" Renault looks a little surprised to be receiving the check, as he was staring at the pies again. Realizing his fingers are all sticky, he mutters a word of power and there's a shimmer of golden energy around his fingertips, and in a flash they're clean. "Very good." The elf says, reading the amount on the check and comparing it to the balance in his head.

"Also there's this." He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small clamshell jewelry box. Inside is the tiniest staff, made from silver wire and set with a chip of pink crystal, identical, in fact, to the one in Rowan's Peel-Staff. It's a literal chip off of it.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

"Aw see Ratticus? Now we match." Rowan takes the staff and gently places it in the paws of his familiar who peeks his head out of Rowan's apron pocket. Ratticus is looking like he has also been enjoying the pastries.
"It's about time you finally started taking proper care of your familiar, Rowan." the rat grumps. Rowan grins widely anyway.

Renault might realize that despite all the bickering he's witnessed between the two, Ratticus has never used his master's name.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

Renault does note the use of Rowan's name and says "I think he likes it." Then he looks back at the pies. "I should get these upstairs." He says the words to another spell and the pies float off the cart on wafts of golden energy. He heads towards his workshop, the pies floating behind. There's a living space above the shop. Presumably where he's taking them. When he returns he's licking blueberry from his fingertips again.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

Rowan chuckles.
"Don't get a stomach ache eating all those pies." He gives Renault a deep bow.
"A pleasure doing business with you. You enjoy those pastries now. And you know where to get more."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

Renault returns the bow and then straightens, realizing. "I've had two of those pies in short order...I wouldn't normally. They're... strangely addicting. Did... did you do something to them?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

"Huh? No, I just made them the way I always do. I mean I am a warlock of whatever. So maybe they're a little magic?" Rowan could theoretically make a pie with a hex on it and then try to make it super tempting to a certain individual like an old school fairy tale. But he's never actually made a hexed pie.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 26, 2023 7:18 pm
[Titania Park]

But Lapis isn't concerned what happened a long time ago! She's concerned what's happening right now! Tori is right, though. No one dies in this play. It's all 'fun' mostly had at the expense of the mortals. However, of course, there isn't a single mortal in the play!

Meanwhile, Khannie confides in her friend that, "In the time this play's set ALL the actors where guys, so a guy playing a lady was normal. I dunno if Shakespear knew that's how it worked or not."

One way or the other, the curtain rises once again and THIS time it isn't only the curtain of fog that rises.

It's as if a veil is lifted over the whole world, peeling away mundane reality and revealing a world of dreams cast under an eternal twilight where dewdrops glisten with the captured light of the full moon. The sky is completely obscured by the twisting branches of massive gnarled oak trees, the moonbeams filtering through the leaves and leaving lucent trails hanging in the mist.

Titania and Oberon now stand on the stage surrounded by their faerie courtiers, Titania clutching her changeling which Oberon covets.

The face of the changeling is the face of that Child You Know. A son or a daughter, perhaps. A friend or a relative. Someone you would miss dearly if they had been taken.

Lapis bristles at the change, looking around suspiciously. "This is the Dreamlands," she whispers. "Not the real world anymore."
Zee, on the other hand, is conspicuously absent.

When the veil lifts Khannie's teen girl illusion is stripped away and her kumiho aspect shoved to the fore. The monstrous fox seems pretty surprised by this! "What the heck," she mutters as all of a sudden she's dealing with a whole mess of floofy tails when before she wasn't.

And finally?

Zee is left sitting on top of an old rotten log in the midst of an empty lot scattered with dead shrubs and rubbish. She blinks, looking around in confusion. "Umm... Hello? Where-"

A beat.

"Oh goody that got yanked into the Dreamlands, didn't they?"

Zee is too big to fit in the Dreamlands!
Thursday Violist wrote: Aug 22, 2023 5:58 pm [Titania Park]

Venus's hand doesn't stay in the rock for long; it's out now.

"Doesn't it make more sense for Lysander to challenge Demetrius instead?" Venus asks in a whisper. "I mean, maybe he's thinking that if he proves that he can protect the girl better, he'll convince the father to change his mind."

She thinks a little more and watches a little more, and then adds, "Or maybe we'll see Helena challenge Hermia to a sword fight. That'd be a lot more interesting, I think."
Artemis wrote: Aug 27, 2023 12:59 am [Titania Park]

Tori looks around as the veil is lifted. "Beautiful..." She says, entranced.

Raril is more shocked by the changeling child. It reminded him strongly of his grandson, Nalhrae. His ears twitch as Lapis pronounced they were in the dreamlands. The drow lets out a low growl. "Zee are we in... danger?" But his wife wasn't there. He spat a curse in his native tongue.

"Alright, everyone, stay close. And for gods' sakes don't tell anyone your name."

Victoria frowned, wrapping her wings around herself awkwardly. "Uncle, they've put on this play before, without any trouble, what if this is just... part of that?"
[Titania Park]

Mogzoku smiled at Venus, maintaining his jubilent nature til the tree branches hung overhead. The sight sent a chill down his spine as he throws his hands in the air out of shock. "Gyah! What's going on!?" He nudges a bit closer to Venus, cowering before the sight. But, accompanied by his fear would be his thief survival instinct. He looks around for anything he can use as a weapon, even if said object has to be stolen to be obtained.

---

Asami, on the other hand, has an intense look on her face. She nods to Lapis, speaking intently to them, "You know of this?"

Then, when Victoria brings up the possibility of this being part of the play, Asami weighs in, "Without trouble... Or all the previous audiences disappeared with all physical evidence erased from reality."

With that being said, Asami crosses her arms and closes her eyes. Bright gold light seeps out the gap between her eyelids as she exercises her divine powers. Her shine imbues the family and herself save for Lapis (presumably, due to her lack of a soul to affect) with a grand morale as well as an immunity to mental manipulations so long as Asami focused her power in this way. She hopes nothing will come along to divert her focus.
Last edited by [brackets lover] on Aug 27, 2023 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

Renault runs a hand through his hair, not noticing the crumbs getting stuck in it. "Oh dear. Dragon or not, I should not be wanting to eat two whole pies in one sitting, and still want more. I've eaten..." He counts off on his sticky fingers. "32 of your pies? Could there be a culminative effect?"

[Titania Park]

"Without trouble, as far as I'm aware." Tori replies to Asami. She looks around them, expecting boogeymen to jump out of the trees. She keeps a hand on a red bracelet on her wrist, a very versatile gift from her mother. It could turn into any weapon.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[brackets lover] wrote: Aug 27, 2023 5:10 am [Titania Park]

Mogzoku smiled at Venus, maintaining his jubilent nature til the tree branches hung overhead. The sight sent a chill down his spine as he throws his hands in the air out of shock. "Gyah! What's going on!?" He nudges a bit closer to Venus, cowering before the sight. But, accompanied by his fear would be his thief survival instinct. He looks around for anything he can use as a weapon, even if said object has to be stolen to be obtained.
[Titania Park]

Sadly, Venus doesn't have anything that can be stolen or that can act as a weapon. Her dress is magicked up out of leaves, after all, and she doesn't have much else. Well, her hair is tied up with a vine. So maybe that could count as a weapon.

However! Mogzoku doesn't need to lose hope. The people sitting behind them (an upper-class couple consisting of an orc lady named Gharoline and a human man with blue hair who's shorter than her, they're both panicking a little as well) have several mundane things that could be taken and used as a weapon. Such as, a purse, Could put rocks in it and swing it. Or, alternatively, there's actually a bottle of pepper spray inside that purse. Or, better yet, a walking stick from the people sitting next to them.

Seeing the face of That Child You Know which she knows as someone she'd miss, actually, doesn't really bother Venus; she knows - since they're almost certainly dead - there's exactly a zero percent chance that's actually them. Almost certainly a coincidence.

Actually, unlike apparently many of the people in the audience at the sudden change in venue, Venus doesn't seem to mind it. In fact, this place feels not just extraordinarily familiar, but it also feels just like her home at her church. Well, half of home. Exactly half of it feels completely like home, and the other half, less so. Anyway, it feels comfortable to her. Extraordinarily so, actually, like finally coming home after escaping from weirdo cultists who keep on worshipping you and praying at you, or something along those lines.

She takes a deep breath in, and a deep breath out.

"Hey," she tells Mogzoku. "Calm down, it's still just the play," she says. She reaches out to him, to calm down his fear. "It seems like they've done some fancy magic to make it more immersive, but besides the location not much else has changed," she says. "But if you're worried, just stay close to me, and it'll be fine."

Meanwhile
A pixie! A tiny one, with a blue mushroom cap and rare, translucent butterfly wings, flies close to see the commotion of all the people who suddenly appeared. Wow! That's pretty remarkable. The pixie lands on a branch above the crowd, and looks over the group of people to see who they are.
And, where there's one of these pixies, there's bound to be more nearby.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Wandering the Streets - On the phone]
Morty wrote: Aug 26, 2023 12:27 pm Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately if Sandels would have found the alternative amusing), Michalson does pick up the phone promptly. A tired man's voice answers.

"Detective Michalson Barring here."
quillpleasant wrote: Aug 26, 2023 9:02 pm Lia watches curiously as Sandels dials. She understands that phones work, but now exactly how. It must be something to do with spores, of course.

As the detective answers, she leans forward a little towards the phone and speaks rather loudly. "Michalson, it's us! We're calling about... what are we calling about, actually?" she looks up at Sandels curiously.
Grimaces at Lia shouting into the phone. "Personal space, girl", he grumbles, pushing Lia away. "Ahem. Hello, Barrelson. Colonel Sandels here. Listen. I figured why my assistant is being unco-operative and wants that boobjob. Obvious in hindsight, really, but most things are. Got me wondering why you didn't catch it, so... tell me. You aren't very good at recognizing romantic interest, are you?"
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Michalson has to admit he isn't. He's never felt it himself so the intricacies elude him. But his mind works fast once Sandels provides this clue.

"You think she's interested in you. And that's why she wants to have her own body. To court you."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Artemis wrote: Aug 27, 2023 5:35 am [Loran Jewelers]

Renault runs a hand through his hair, not noticing the crumbs getting stuck in it. "Oh dear. Dragon or not, I should not be wanting to eat two whole pies in one sitting, and still want more. I've eaten..." He counts off on his sticky fingers. "32 of your pies? Could there be a culminative effect?"

[Titania Park]

"Without trouble, as far as I'm aware." Tori replies to Asami. She looks around them, expecting boogeymen to jump out of the trees. She keeps a hand on a red bracelet on her wrist, a very versatile gift from her mother. It could turn into any weapon.
Loran Jewelers

"Well, I mean they're full of butter. That usually has a cumulative effect on people. But the normal kind." Rowan still seems unconvinced.
"Aren't you a full sized dragon? That eats whole sheep in one go? Two pies isn't even a quarter of a sheep."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Titania Park

"Is my real name the one on I was given when I was born, the one my dads call me, or the one I've been called longest?" Agate doesn't know her biological parents or family, beyond that they were killed or sold into slavery when she was very little. She knows her name is Agate, but... Agate isn't a dwarfish word, so she thinks someone at some point translated it. And 'agate' is a generic enough word there's several possibilities for what it was translated from.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Titania Park]

Khannie, frankly, isn't an expert on faeries. It really isn't a subject she's looked into in great detail. She knows that, to some extant anyway, she's a faerie fox. Or at least partly one? She's at least four different fox monsters all smashed together so she isn't sure how that all works. But what she DOES know is that this place is really pulling one particular brand of foxness to the fore.

She grips over her muzzle with her paws, trying to keep all her pointy bits in check.

"Yes? No. I'm not sure. Something about this place is messing with me," Khannie admits, her voice muffled by her paws. In spite of that it has a melodious, enchanting quality to it. "I usually only get like this when I'm feeding and I don't do that when people are watching 'cuz it's creepy."

Eating ghosts and/or yanking the hearts out of living animals and devouring them is definitely creepy.

She just needs to calm down. She isn't going to eat anyone. She just ate yesterday, anyway. She's got no reason to be hungry. Everything is fine. Just calm down and-

All of a sudden Khannie is a fox.

Like...

A normal red fox. Except ashen grey where she would be orange and bloody crimson where she would be black. The fox looks very confused. "Okaaay this isn't what I was going for but it beats monster-fox mode."

This leaves her supremely vulnerable to petting. Hopefully no one will take advantage of this.

Meanwhile!

"This is the part where dreams rise up from instead of the part where dead spirits sink down into. It isn't bad but it's still dangerous," Lapis warns those nearby. She's looking this way and that for any danger but she isn't seeing any. Yet. "I've beaten up badguys in the Dreamlands before but I don't think anything here is being bad it might just be part of the play?"

Speaking of the play!

Titania and Oberon are really arguing about who should have the changeling! But they're almost a background feature at the moment in this place standing betwixt the last sunset of spring and the first sunrise of summer. Through this magical realm a little pixie approaches each family wearing a dress of delicate white lily blossoms born aloft on snowy wings with little black dots. The diminutive beings all speak the same words and in the same tiny tinkling voice-

"How now spirits! Whither wander you?"
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Titania Park
"Aww, Khannie, you're so cute!" Mary scratches her friend between the ears without thinking about how weird it is to pet a person.
"Your real name," Sekhmet explains to Agate, "Which could be any of those." Probably the one she's been called the longest.
"Huh? What's this about?" Not a good answer, Sekhmet. "Why do you ask?" Still not a good answer. "This is the Dreamlands, right?" That's more of an answer, but maybe not a good one.

Auction
"This seems like it will be an interesting night... Unfortunately."
All they can do now is wait for the food, and then for the auction itself.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Hraithre wrote: Aug 27, 2023 7:18 am [Wandering the Streets - On the phone]
Grimaces at Lia shouting into the phone. "Personal space, girl", he grumbles, pushing Lia away. "Ahem. Hello, Barrelson. Colonel Sandels here. Listen. I figured why my assistant is being unco-operative and wants that boobjob. Obvious in hindsight, really, but most things are. Got me wondering why you didn't catch it, so... tell me. You aren't very good at recognizing romantic interest, are you?"
Morty wrote: Aug 27, 2023 4:26 pm [Wandering the Streets - On the phone]

Michalson has to admit he isn't. He's never felt it himself so the intricacies elude him. But his mind works fast once Sandels provides this clue.

"You think she's interested in you. And that's why she wants to have her own body. To court you."
Wandering the Streets - On the phone

Lia doesn't seem to mind being pushed aside, although she stays hovering near enough to hear the conversation. At the detective's realization, she can't help but giggle in disbelief before interjecting, more quietly this time.

"Wait, this was a point of confusion? Neither of you realized before? From the moment we first talked I knew Bunny was into the Colonel, it was, as you say, obvious." She nods knowingly. "That's partially why she was so antagonistic towards me, in the false belief that I threatened her chances at romance."
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Artemis wrote: Aug 27, 2023 5:35 am [Titania Park]

Thursday Violist wrote: Aug 27, 2023 5:46 am [Titania Park]

Sadly, Venus doesn't have anything that can be stolen or that can act as a weapon. Her dress is magicked up out of leaves, after all, and she doesn't have much else. Well, her hair is tied up with a vine. So maybe that could count as a weapon.

However! Mogzoku doesn't need to lose hope. The people sitting behind them (an upper-class couple consisting of an orc lady named Gharoline and a human man with blue hair who's shorter than her, they're both panicking a little as well) have several mundane things that could be taken and used as a weapon. Such as, a purse, Could put rocks in it and swing it. Or, alternatively, there's actually a bottle of pepper spray inside that purse. Or, better yet, a walking stick from the people sitting next to them.

Seeing the face of That Child You Know which she knows as someone she'd miss, actually, doesn't really bother Venus; she knows - since they're almost certainly dead - there's exactly a zero percent chance that's actually them. Almost certainly a coincidence.

Actually, unlike apparently many of the people in the audience at the sudden change in venue, Venus doesn't seem to mind it. In fact, this place feels not just extraordinarily familiar, but it also feels just like her home at her church. Well, half of home. Exactly half of it feels completely like home, and the other half, less so. Anyway, it feels comfortable to her. Extraordinarily so, actually, like finally coming home after escaping from weirdo cultists who keep on worshipping you and praying at you, or something along those lines.

She takes a deep breath in, and a deep breath out.

"Hey," she tells Mogzoku. "Calm down, it's still just the play," she says. She reaches out to him, to calm down his fear. "It seems like they've done some fancy magic to make it more immersive, but besides the location not much else has changed," she says. "But if you're worried, just stay close to me, and it'll be fine."

Meanwhile
A pixie! A tiny one, with a blue mushroom cap and rare, translucent butterfly wings, flies close to see the commotion of all the people who suddenly appeared. Wow! That's pretty remarkable. The pixie lands on a branch above the crowd, and looks over the group of people to see who they are.
And, where there's one of these pixies, there's bound to be more nearby.
Rebonack wrote: Aug 27, 2023 11:01 pm [Titania Park]

Khannie, frankly, isn't an expert on faeries. It really isn't a subject she's looked into in great detail. She knows that, to some extant anyway, she's a faerie fox. Or at least partly one? She's at least four different fox monsters all smashed together so she isn't sure how that all works. But what she DOES know is that this place is really pulling one particular brand of foxness to the fore.

She grips over her muzzle with her paws, trying to keep all her pointy bits in check.

"Yes? No. I'm not sure. Something about this place is messing with me," Khannie admits, her voice muffled by her paws. In spite of that it has a melodious, enchanting quality to it. "I usually only get like this when I'm feeding and I don't do that when people are watching 'cuz it's creepy."

Eating ghosts and/or yanking the hearts out of living animals and devouring them is definitely creepy.

She just needs to calm down. She isn't going to eat anyone. She just ate yesterday, anyway. She's got no reason to be hungry. Everything is fine. Just calm down and-

All of a sudden Khannie is a fox.

Like...

A normal red fox. Except ashen grey where she would be orange and bloody crimson where she would be black. The fox looks very confused. "Okaaay this isn't what I was going for but it beats monster-fox mode."

This leaves her supremely vulnerable to petting. Hopefully no one will take advantage of this.

Meanwhile!

"This is the part where dreams rise up from instead of the part where dead spirits sink down into. It isn't bad but it's still dangerous," Lapis warns those nearby. She's looking this way and that for any danger but she isn't seeing any. Yet. "I've beaten up badguys in the Dreamlands before but I don't think anything here is being bad it might just be part of the play?"

Speaking of the play!

Titania and Oberon are really arguing about who should have the changeling! But they're almost a background feature at the moment in this place standing betwixt the last sunset of spring and the first sunrise of summer. Through this magical realm a little pixie approaches each family wearing a dress of delicate white lily blossoms born aloft on snowy wings with little black dots. The diminutive beings all speak the same words and in the same tiny tinkling voice-

[Titania Park]

Mogzoku eases up a bit as Venus calms him, getting close to her as instructed. "O-ok, if you say so...The sudden appearence of the pixie in front of them, however, elicits an "Eep!" as he rushes to cling to Venus' leg. He seemed a bit too scared to even answer.

_____

Asami raised an eyebrow at Lapis, cycnically talking to her, "No one asked for your opinion, Lapishi." Then the Pixie appearing in front of them gives her pause. Instead of running her mouth off, she shoots a wary look towards Raril, listening intently to his reaction.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 27, 2023 11:01 pm [Titania Park]

[brackets lover] wrote: Aug 28, 2023 4:15 am [Titania Park]

Mogzoku eases up a bit as Venus calms him, getting close to her as instructed. "O-ok, if you say so...The sudden appearance of the pixie in front of them, however, elicits an "Eep!" as he rushes to cling to Venus' leg. He seemed a bit too scared to even answer.
[Titania Park]

When the pixie appears, Venus glances at it but doesn't pay that much attention to it. And, once Mogzoku grabs onto her leg, she looks at him, and doesn't try to make him let go or anything.

Instead, she looks at the little pixie again. Instead of answering its question, though, the gaiad-woman just smiles, taps the stone she's relaxing on with her hand, and says, "Hello there, we're just watching this ongoing story. Would you watch it alongside us?" she asks. She glances back at the stage and Titania and Oberon, as if her attention is suggesting it's important enough that rather than bothering them, the pixie should just watch it too.

Meanwhile, the lone-as-yet mushroom-capped pixie hanging up above the grounds looks down and sees all these other pixies show up. "Dang it, those dumb flowergirls were faster," she says to herself.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Titania Park]

Raril frowns at the pixie. "We do not wish to wander. We wish to be returned to the Nexus, whole, unharmed, and unchanged." He declares.

Tori looks at the pixie and then back at the stage. "This is definitely not part of the play."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Keeper wrote: Aug 27, 2023 6:43 pm Loran Jewelers

"Well, I mean they're full of butter. That usually has a cumulative effect on people. But the normal kind." Rowan still seems unconvinced.
"Aren't you a full sized dragon? That eats whole sheep in one go? Two pies isn't even a quarter of a sheep."
[Loran Jewelers]

"Yes, but I don't usually keep to the appetites of the Dragon. I'm an elf!" He barks, then clears his throat, looking embarrassed.

"Forgive my outburst, it's just... this is not usual for me."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

"Yes", Sandels answers to the phone, "in a quite silly and naive way. Tell her to stop, it's not going to work."

Then Lia starts giggling. Sandels covers the horn with his hand and looks at her. "It may have been obvious to you, but I'm fairly sure she's wasted both Mister Detective's time and hers due to her inability to spit it out. Oh well. All it means I'm short of an assistant."
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Aye. Even if it could work, she can do a lot better than that." Michalson isn't in a mood for being delicate. "I'll talk to her about it. Maybe we can get this entire show and circus wrapped up."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Artemis wrote: Aug 28, 2023 5:42 am [Loran Jewelers]

"Yes, but I don't usually keep to the appetites of the Dragon. I'm an elf!" He barks, then clears his throat, looking embarrassed.

"Forgive my outburst, it's just... this is not usual for me."
Loran Jewelers

Rowan holds his tongue that it's certainly very usual for him. But most people are not him.
"Well, if you're worried about any health problems I can just cut you off. Throw away the ones I gave you and stop coming to the bakery and it'll probably just wear off." He's not convinced that Renault just isn't used to having a sweet tooth but he can't rule out that the jeweler is right when Rowan is a very magical pati...patiss...pastry-maker.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

Renault looks forlornly over his shoulder, back at his abode, where the rest of the pies were. "I'd hate to waste them. It's no good wasting food. Perhaps we could... donate them?" it took 30 pies to get to this point, a few pies spread over a lot of people shouldn't cause trouble.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

"Well, yeah. Feel free to give them away. Lots of hungry people in Inside. And I did put in a lot of effort to make them."
Like, a lot of effort. Making pies is hard. But still, should be easy to find someone who's willing to accept free pie. But for some reason it feels weird, letting Renault give them to someone else when Rowan made those pastries for him.