Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 18, 2023 10:42 pm [A Dump in the City]

While looking woozy at first, Raheeda recovers quickly from her heads impactful meeting with the barrel and pulls out the spear from it unless there's more than just the barrel preventing her to. But rather than relying on the forcefield she apparently had Raheeda takes cover behind the barrel as more plastic bags keeps getting sent her way.

"We haven't even done anything mean to you! Just let us go!" The yuan-ti shouts back at the witches as she considers her options. Three witches with garbage powers at a garbage pile. Looked like she might have to resort to calling in favors to get out of this one with both her and Harley alive...
quillpleasant wrote: Aug 19, 2023 5:06 am A Dump in the City

Harley seems to be struggling, pushing valiantly at the pile of garbage but to no avail. He pauses, panting for breath, and looks up at the approaching witch. His expression is, as always, unreadable behind the rabbit mask but his voice sounds suitably desperate.

"This mask has the power of a god stored inside it! Namely me, because I used to be one. If you let Raheeda go, it's all yours. I want to get rid of it anyway."

Raising his voice, he calls out to Raheeda. "Don't worry, it's okay! Remember, I was looking for Tara to give my mask away anyway, what's one witch or another?" He's hoping that Raheeda catches onto his ruse here, since she knows very well that's not what they came here for. Of course, she might have other ideas about how to handle this situation...
[A Dump in the City]

Fortunately for Raheeda, Harley's proposition seems to have caught the attention of whichever witch was responsible for pelting her with trash bags, so there's a brief moment when there are no projectiles coming her way at all. Perhaps that's the opening she needs?

The hunched-over hag gives Harley a long, cock-eyed look, slowly nodding to herself. "...I'll be damned." She mutters. "He's right. This mask casts an enormous shadow. If we could claim that power for ourselves..."

"...Kehehehe~" The first witch starts cackling, running her bony hands over one another.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

Renault peers at Rowan. "You don't like the idea?" He asks.

"What do you suggest I do with them then?"
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Loran Jewelers

Rowan's stomach growls audibly as if on cue.
"Well my belly wants you to share them with me I think. But we don't listen to that guy. He always says things like that."

"You don't listen. I don't get a choice in the matter being strapped to your gut."
"I have lots of perching spots. You just like your snug little pocket." Ratticus does not reply to this.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Titania Park

"I wandered wither from Skyside. But it's Inside I want to be. Can we go back there now, or do we have to wait until the end of the play?" Agate frowns at the pixie, itching to transform so she can blow it to pieces with a musical pistol.

"It... might not have been safe to answer it, Agate." Prumathe sighs, as he's too late to stop her now.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Dump in the City]

Hmph, no answers from the witches.
But perhaps an opportunity?
She heard Harley shout but it only made her more unsure. Would the gods smite them if they took the helmet off? But wouldn't they smite Harley too in that case?
Well, she wasn't sure what trick he had up his sleeve but it probably wouldn't be best to just seek cover over here.

And this was one occasion where she'd be able to use the big guns!

Pressing her back against the barrel she pulled out a metal tube which she pops the top of with a flick of her thumb. A red liquid emerges which she pours on the ground which quickly starts to grow.

"Okay, you know what to do. Hit them with the blunt edge." She tells the liquid before she vaults over the barrel and starts running towards the closest witch.

But running right after her is a second person that is seemingly made up of liquid. They flicker and shimmer as if the liquid is held up by some sort of holographic shell. One that shares Raheeda's face and holding the exact same weapon as her.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

Soon enough wine and food will arrive, but in the mean time that means smalltalk.

The horror!

Morning, for her part, is trying her best to play her part.

"Why don't you tell me about a new invention you're working on?"
she asks just as the wine shows up.

[Titania Park]

Oh no fox is being pet! She weirdly can't bring herself to be irritated by this even though she always get irritated by people trying to pet her in her monstrous form. "Of course I am," the fox replies, doing that little fox smile and wagging her tail.

But wait, what's this?

A pixie is talking to them! "Oh, this is from the play. Except usually it's puck saying it to a fairy, not a fairy saying it to the audience."

The fox clears her throat a little and sits up straighter and recites-
"Over hill over dale-
-through bush through briar."

It LOOKS like she was going to stop there, but her mouth just keeps moving on its own. Her fox ears fold back, her eyes looking increasingly alarmed.

"Over park over pale-
-through flood through fire
I do wander everywhere
Swifter than the moon's sphere."

The pixie seems to be liking the fox' reply the most.

Meanwhile!

"Don't worry you giant fat dummies, it's just part of the fun!" the pixie replies to the worried Raril. "This is all the dream, right? You'll all wake up when it's over."

Lapis frowns at being called a dummy. That isn't very nice!

Also Meanwhile!

"No! That stupid question is almost as stupid as your dumb face," the pixie explains to Venus, just in case she's too stupid to understand how stupid her question was. "My job is just to say my line at people."

And her job done she flies away! She has to go put some dewdrops on the spider webs for the next scene.

On the Stage!

Their tryst reaching its climax, Titania storms off the stage with her entourage. Oberon calls his faithful knave puck and sends him off to fetch a flower touched by Cupid's arrow to make a love potion! With the potion he'll make Titania fall in love with a beast and she'll be so embarrassed she'll be FORCED to give him the changeling!
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

[Loran Jewelers]

"You can take them back, if you think it's for the best. But they're supposed to be payment." That was a bit of a sticking point, Renault realizes.

[Titania Park]

"You'll return us to the Nexus once the play ends?" Raril asks next.

Tori tries pinching herself, if this was really a dream it shouldn't hurt. But if she was corporeally in the dreamlands, then she'd feel it. Cliche but effective.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"Recently I've been working on laser signalling," Jason begins, "Shouting across a room is loud and can be overheard. Wires require hard connections. Normal wireless signals can be decrypted or spoofed. With a modulated laser, as long as you have line of sight to the receiver, you can send a message that can't be overheard." MG probably realizes that he intends to install this as an upgrade to his and Jade's suits, but it sounds like a very normal invention. It's probably not the Big Thing they're working on, but a side project.

Titania Park
"I knew that, I was just, uh, flustered," Sekhmet replies. If there's another line quiz like that, she'll get it because she's ready for it now.
"What's wrong? You got the line right, that was pretty smart." Mary asks Khannie, continuing the petting since her friend seems to like it. Of course later, Mary won't let Khannie forget that she's a big enough nerd to remember lines from "some random old play from before we were born." But now isn't the time for teasing.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Titania Park

"Are you going to be Puck now, Khannie?" Agate's a little worried since her uncle's just warned her about answering and her answer was far less accurate than Khannie's, who actually quoted the play. So getting dragged on stage and turned into a donkey (or whatever) is entirely possible from this point on.

quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Hraithre wrote: Aug 28, 2023 8:20 am [Wandering the Streets - On the phone]

"Yes", Sandels answers to the phone, "in a quite silly and naive way. Tell her to stop, it's not going to work."

Then Lia starts giggling. Sandels covers the horn with his hand and looks at her. "It may have been obvious to you, but I'm fairly sure she's wasted both Mister Detective's time and hers due to her inability to spit it out. Oh well. All it means I'm short of an assistant."
Morty wrote: Aug 28, 2023 11:31 am [Wandering the Streets - On the phone]

"Aye. Even if it could work, she can do a lot better than that." Michalson isn't in a mood for being delicate. "I'll talk to her about it. Maybe we can get this entire show and circus wrapped up."
Wandering the Streets - On the phone

Lia shrugs, tossing her hair out of her eyes. "Well, it's a shame I wasn't there earlier to point it out then. Could have saved you all some trouble." She feels bad for Bunny, but it's also clear that things would never worked out for them anyway.

"Good luck talking to her," she says to Michalson. Judging from last time, it might not go so well.
Ironsmith wrote: Aug 28, 2023 1:58 pm [A Dump in the City]

Fortunately for Raheeda, Harley's proposition seems to have caught the attention of whichever witch was responsible for pelting her with trash bags, so there's a brief moment when there are no projectiles coming her way at all. Perhaps that's the opening she needs?

The hunched-over hag gives Harley a long, cock-eyed look, slowly nodding to herself. "...I'll be damned." She mutters. "He's right. This mask casts an enormous shadow. If we could claim that power for ourselves..."

"...Kehehehe~" The first witch starts cackling, running her bony hands over one another.
Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 29, 2023 12:46 am [A Dump in the City]

Hmph, no answers from the witches.
But perhaps an opportunity?
She heard Harley shout but it only made her more unsure. Would the gods smite them if they took the helmet off? But wouldn't they smite Harley too in that case?
Well, she wasn't sure what trick he had up his sleeve but it probably wouldn't be best to just seek cover over here.

And this was one occasion where she'd be able to use the big guns!

Pressing her back against the barrel she pulled out a metal tube which she pops the top of with a flick of her thumb. A red liquid emerges which she pours on the ground which quickly starts to grow.

"Okay, you know what to do. Hit them with the blunt edge." She tells the liquid before she vaults over the barrel and starts running towards the closest witch.

But running right after her is a second person that is seemingly made up of liquid. They flicker and shimmer as if the liquid is held up by some sort of holographic shell. One that shares Raheeda's face and holding the exact same weapon as her.
A Dump in the City

Excellent, his plan is working. Harley waits with baited breath as the witches begin to approach, cackling about his mask. Just a little closer...

Then his attention is caught by Raheeda's charge. Two Raheedas?? He doesn't have time to process that. It's now or never, even if the witches aren't as close as he would like.

Twisting around, Harley easily shimmies free of the rubble. He's always been a bit of an escape artist, powers or no. He gets to his feet and breaks into a sprint, heading right for the nearest witch. In his hand is a broken bottle from the trash heap, edge jagged and razor sharp. He lunges, swiping the makeshift weapon in a vicious arc. Hopefully the witch's attention will be focused on Raheeda.
horses can attack and eat me
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Wandering the Streets - On the phone]

"Don't hold your breath", Sandels replies dryly to Michalson's comment about Bunny. "Anyways, you can forget about my earlier request. It may be close to showtime, but it's not your circus and not your monkeys, so don't make a clown of yourself. Good bye." He hangs up without waiting a furher reply.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Thursday Violist wrote: Aug 28, 2023 4:52 am [Titania Park]

When the pixie appears, Venus glances at it but doesn't pay that much attention to it. And, once Mogzoku grabs onto her leg, she looks at him, and doesn't try to make him let go or anything.

Instead, she looks at the little pixie again. Instead of answering its question, though, the gaiad-woman just smiles, taps the stone she's relaxing on with her hand, and says, "Hello there, we're just watching this ongoing story. Would you watch it alongside us?" she asks. She glances back at the stage and Titania and Oberon, as if her attention is suggesting it's important enough that rather than bothering them, the pixie should just watch it too.

Meanwhile, the lone-as-yet mushroom-capped pixie hanging up above the grounds looks down and sees all these other pixies show up. "Dang it, those dumb flowergirls were faster," she says to herself.
Rebonack wrote: Aug 29, 2023 3:53 am [Titania Park]
"Don't worry you giant fat dummies, it's just part of the fun!" the pixie replies to the worried Raril. "This is all the dream, right? You'll all wake up when it's over."

Lapis frowns at being called a dummy. That isn't very nice!

Also Meanwhile!

"No! That stupid question is almost as stupid as your dumb face," the pixie explains to Venus, just in case she's too stupid to understand how stupid her question was. "My job is just to say my line at people."

And her job done she flies away! She has to go put some dewdrops on the spider webs for the next scene.

On the Stage!

Their tryst reaching its climax, Titania storms off the stage with her entourage. Oberon calls his faithful knave puck and sends him off to fetch a flower touched by Cupid's arrow to make a love potion! With the potion he'll make Titania fall in love with a beast and she'll be so embarrassed she'll be FORCED to give him the changeling!
Artemis wrote: Aug 29, 2023 6:21 am [Titania Park]

"You'll return us to the Nexus once the play ends?" Raril asks next.

Tori tries pinching herself, if this was really a dream it shouldn't hurt. But if she was corporeally in the dreamlands, then she'd feel it. Cliche but effective.
[Titania Park]

Seeing as the Pixie flies off, Mogzoku relunctantly releases his grip on Venus' leg, trying his best to relax. "Geez, that pixie was almost as intense as a hume performer," Mogzoku jests, once again thinking back to his time in highschool having overheard the swathes of verbal abuses exchanged between kids and instructors involved in various performances and sports games. He then sighs, crossing his arms and sitting down, feeling agitated.

_____

Asami, of course, instantly notices Lapis frowning. Seeing as there was no immediate danger, Asami decides to light-warp to her friend's side and ruffle their hair for no apparent reason.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[brackets lover] wrote: Aug 29, 2023 10:47 pm [Titania Park]

Seeing as the Pixie flies off, Mogzoku relunctantly releases his grip on Venus' leg, trying his best to relax. "Geez, that pixie was almost as intense as a hume performer," Mogzoku jests, once again thinking back to his time in highschool having overheard the swathes of verbal abuses exchanged between kids and instructors involved in various performances and sports games. He then sighs, crossing his arms and sitting down, feeling agitated.
[Titania Park]

Venus appreciates the pixie's helpful clarification.
She smiles at the pixie.

Venus turns to Mogzoku. To be honest, she doesn't know what a 'hume performer' is. "Yeah, she was pretty intense. But, see, just a performance."

She goes back to watching what's going on on stage. "Okay, to be honest, I don't really follow how being embarrassed would make her need to give him the changeling."

"I bet it was that dumb flowerface's idea."
Turns out, the lone mushroom-capped pixie flew down and landed on Venus's head.
"Yeah. this plot sounds like something a lilies-for-brains like her would come up with."

Venus tries looking up. "....?" Sadly, she can't see up on top of her head.

The mushroom-capped pixie looks down at Mogzoku and waves. "Are you also a performer in the play?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

"That's fascinating," Morning replies as the food shortly arrives. "But the need for a line of sight would be a problem, wouldn't it? Especially in an urban setting."

But that leaves her thinking.

"Would satellites be able to overcome that? Like... putting one in an orbit that stays pointed at the same spot and bouncing the beam off that?"

She's pretty sure there's a specific name for that kind of orbit but she doesn't know what it is. Morning Glory is not a science pony. She's a landscaper.

[Titania Park]

These lines aren't from Puck, no sir. They're from one of the generic fairy servants of Queen Titania. The fox continues the lines without missing a beat and without answering Mary's question.

"And I serve the fairy queen,⁠
⁠To dew her orbs upon the green:
⁠The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
⁠In their gold coats spots you see;
⁠Those be rubies, fairy favors,
⁠In their freckles live their savors:
I must go seek some dew-drops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.
Farewell, thou lob of spirits: I'll be gone;
Our queen and all her elves come here anon."

To which the pixie replies by putting her tiny fists on her tiny hips. "Well what are you doing out in the audience, dummy? You should be with the rest of the queen's goons."

The fox manages a strangled, "Help me," and then unless stopped she'll hop off her seat and begin trotting toward the stage.

Meanwhile!

Lapis gets glomped! Oh no! She laughs and flails a little, but otherwise doesn't do a great deal. Tori will find that the pinch doesn't hurt. This place definitely has a dreamy, otherworldly feel to it. That warm heaviness of sleep. It sure SEEMS like this is just a dream and they're not really here.

But never forget what they say about faeries and seeming.

The fae wield seeming like a sword.

Also Meanwhile!

Left to their own devices, the moogle and the gaiad are soon confronted by a NEW pixie!

What could be this mysterious stranger's angle?

Meanwhile, on the stage!

With Puck flying off to fetch the Love-in-Idleness blossom a new duo enters the stage! It's Demetrius and Helena! Demetrius walks ahead, hand on the hilt of his sword while Helena trails behind him. Demetrius plans to SLAY the man who stole his love and win her heart! Helena calls behind him, confiding her love in him while Demetrius cruelly spurns her pleas. While all this is going on Oberon watches from the shadows until they depart. When at last Puck returns, the King of the Faeries tells him to anoint not only Titania's sleeping eyes, but the eyes of Demetrius as well so he'll fall in love with poor rejected Helena.

Puck will, of course, definitely be able to accomplish this without messing up.

The curtain falls once again.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Artemis wrote: Aug 29, 2023 6:21 am [Loran Jewelers]

"You can take them back, if you think it's for the best. But they're supposed to be payment." That was a bit of a sticking point, Renault realizes.
Loran Jewelers

"I mean really, I think you're just hungry. None of my regular customers have had any weird effects. But if you're worried you could always find a big open spot to try your dragon shape? You said you had one. And I imagine being bigger would probably dilute the effect. Like how big people are harder to get drunk." Rowan suggests. He's still not convinced anything funny is going on.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Hraithre wrote: Aug 29, 2023 6:47 pm [Wandering the Streets - On the phone]

"Don't hold your breath", Sandels replies dryly to Michalson's comment about Bunny. "Anyways, you can forget about my earlier request. It may be close to showtime, but it's not your circus and not your monkeys, so don't make a clown of yourself. Good bye." He hangs up without waiting a furher reply.
Wandering the Streets

"I hope she doesn't take it too badly," muses Lia as she steps back from the phone booth. She glances over at Sandels questioningly. "So the duel is going to be soon? Where are you having it?" The thought of it makes a pit in her stomach, but it would do no good to bring that up.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"At long range, certainly. But I intend this more for signalling across a crowded room than a city block. And unfortunately, no. It would be easy for a satellite to signal anything it could see, but hard to signal the satellite in the same way. Small objects in orbit are difficult to aim at. Anyway, I've been experimenting with using terahertz waves instead of visible light for the signal beam. It will penetrate some objects and doesn't glow when used." And don't worry MG, if you started talking about gardening with Jason he'd feel equally out of place.
"This is a very good wine. Another glass, please." Jason flags one of the android waiters.

Titania Park
"Hey!" Mary realizes what's going on and her petting turns into a grab on the fox's shoulders. "She's not an actor, she's my friend! If you want to take her, you'll have to take me too!" Bold words and possibly ill-advised. What if they can in fact take you too? Sekhmet looks equally alarmed by this development. If she had gotten the line right, would she be in the same situation? She stands ready to protect her daughter, her husband, her young sister-in-law, and her daughter's friend from the faeries. There are few things that can get the normally benevolent demon queen to resort to violence, and endangering her family is one of them.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Titania Park

"It's not her fault she's a nerd who knows your stupid lines, bring her back! I need to know more people at school when I start later." Agate also protests as Khannie is led away, though she doesn't get up or try to stop her.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Titania Park

"Khannie why do you say yes every time a suspicious faerie asks if you want to participate in something? Just say no!" whispers a voice from nowhere. Properly speaking, the watch housing Sirius doesn't seem to exist at the moment but that is only Seeming. Sirius was told that devices had to be on SILENT during the show so he wasn't adding his input but rules are clearly being broken here!
"Don't worry, I'll be your ace in the hole." With the curtain closed right now, Sirius can't do anything SERIOUSLY disruptive. He'll just have to wait and be the backup plan in case Sekhmet can't stop this UNJUST hiring Khannie as a cast member without proper consent compensation.
In a thirty meter radius around Khannie, phones and communications devices that are still functioning and were set to silent instead of turned off might be very quietly set to maximum volume instead...
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Intersection Precinct]

Muttering unpleasant speculation about Sandels' personal habits, Michalson goes to look for Bunny. Who may or may not be nearby.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

"I see, I see,"
Morning Glory replies, nodding sagely.

She does not, in fact, see.

"Do you mean a laser using... umm... microwaves? Or radio waves?" she asks.

See, she knows in some vague sense microwave and radiowave are both sorts of light. Just not sorts of light that you can see. Invisible light. So if you made your laser out of that then no one would be able to see it, right? She's pretty sure (maybe) that this is what they're talking about.

Maybe.

The next round of wine arrives shortly.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Thursday Violist wrote: Aug 30, 2023 1:39 am [Titania Park]

Venus appreciates the pixie's helpful clarification.
She smiles at the pixie.

Venus turns to Mogzoku. To be honest, she doesn't know what a 'hume performer' is. "Yeah, she was pretty intense. But, see, just a performance."

She goes back to watching what's going on on stage. "Okay, to be honest, I don't really follow how being embarrassed would make her need to give him the changeling."

"I bet it was that dumb flowerface's idea."
Turns out, the lone mushroom-capped pixie flew down and landed on Venus's head.
"Yeah. this plot sounds like something a lilies-for-brains like her would come up with."

Venus tries looking up. "....?" Sadly, she can't see up on top of her head.

The mushroom-capped pixie looks down at Mogzoku and waves. "Are you also a performer in the play?"
Rebonack wrote: Aug 30, 2023 3:45 am [Titania Park]

Left to their own devices, the moogle and the gaiad are soon confronted by a NEW pixie!

What could be this mysterious stranger's angle?

Meanwhile, on the stage!

With Puck flying off to fetch the Love-in-Idleness blossom a new duo enters the stage! It's Demetrius and Helena! Demetrius walks ahead, hand on the hilt of his sword while Helena trails behind him. Demetrius plans to SLAY the man who stole his love and win her heart! Helena calls behind him, confiding her love in him while Demetrius cruelly spurns her pleas. While all this is going on Oberon watches from the shadows until they depart. When at last Puck returns, the King of the Faeries tells him to anoint not only Titania's sleeping eyes, but the eyes of Demetrius as well so he'll fall in love with poor rejected Helena.

[Titania Park]

Mogzoku is taken aback by the sudden appearence of the mushroom pixie. Her side comments put him at ease, his demeanor becoming almost like it was just before being brought into the dreamlands. "No, i'm not, kupo," he responds dismissively. Still wary, he glances between the mushroom-capped pixie and the ongoing play, as if expecting something bad to happen that would only be worsened by preemptive action.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 30, 2023 3:45 am Meanwhile, on the stage!

[brackets lover] wrote: Sep 01, 2023 7:03 pm [Titania Park]

Mogzoku is taken aback by the sudden appearence of the mushroom pixie. Her side comments put him at ease, his demeanor becoming almost like it was just before being brought into the dreamlands. "No, i'm not, kupo," he responds dismissively. Still wary, he glances between the mushroom-capped pixie and the ongoing play, as if expecting something bad to happen that would only be worsened by preemptive action.
[Titania Park]

"That's good. All the actors here are dummy dummy-heads," says the mushroom-capped pixie, absolutely jealous that she wasn't invited to be a part of it. The jealousy even tinges the tone of her voice. "If you were a performer in this play, then I'd have to hate you on principle."

The pixie makes herself comfortable atop Venus's head, while Venus tries to get back to watching and paying attention.
"Hey, you've got flowers and leaves stuck on you," the pixie tells Venus, while tapping on her head.

Venus ignores her, and keeps on watching the play. She opens her mouth to comment on it, but the pixie beats her to it: "Helena would be happier in the long run if she found someone else. This Demetrius guy seems like he'd make a horrible husband."

"..." Venus says, her mouth just staying open.

The pixie flies off of Venus's head and then land's on Mogzoku's shoulder: "Ugh, I hate people who wear just flowers and leaves. Should've gone with mushrooms, they're so much prettier, see? Don't you agree?" she asks him. She tilts her head to show off the blue milkcap, as if to prove her point.

"Hey, that's not nice," Venus protests.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"Technically terahertz is in the infrared band, but yeah. Nonvisible light." Jason starts on his second glass of wine. "So it's a laser that can't be seen and goes right through some objects."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Titania Park]

"Well if you're coming too, dummy, then you better hurry up they're just about to start the next act!" the pixie replies to Mary and apparently Agate too? But Agate didn't agree to anything! Maybe whatever she just said is close enough.

Either way, now all THREE girls will probably find their legs moving on their own to carry them down to the stage!

Khannie definitely gives Mary a look.

That was a REALLY bad choice of words.

Sekhmet may find a few problems preventing the girls from running down to the stage to join in. If she tries chasing after them she'll find the movement rather akin to being in a dream; no matter how fast she runs she won't seem to get any closer! And her magic may end up being weirdly non-responsive! After all, dreams don't always cooperate with one's intent. This whole play is taking place in some powerful fae's glade and outside magic may behave unpredictably.

Meanwhile!

Venus and Mogzoku might notice that there are some people from the audience moving toward the stage. Wonder what's going on with that? Maybe some of the actors couldn't make it for the next scene and they needed volunteers? After all, Titania is supposed to have a WHOLE BUNCH of people singing to her for the next scene.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Titania Park
"Hey woah woah what!?" Mary begins walking towards the stage. "Stop! No!" she's panicking now. Her legs aren't obeying her! "Mum! Da! Help!"

Sekhmet charges after Mary. "I'm coming!"
She can't reach them... Her magic feels sluggish, fuzzy.

NO!

"MARY!" Forget this fae will that's disrupting her magic. Sekhmet calls up what hellfire she can muster and storms towards the stage on a parallel course to Mary.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Titania Park

Prumathe also grabs at Mary- though he's sat closer to Agate, who is also walking towards the stage. He stops momentarily to try and catch his adopted sister, bounding to his feet and chasing after Agate. Despite his longer legs, and biomantically boosting his speed and endurance, he still finds himself falling behind; he is not helped at all by the fact he's had nightmares like this before, where he's trying to catch Sekhmet before Sapphira gets her but no matter how hard or fast he runs, his wife is out of reach and the dream ends just before Sapphira embraces Sekhmet.

Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

quillpleasant wrote: Aug 30, 2023 5:12 am Wandering the Streets

"I hope she doesn't take it too badly," muses Lia as she steps back from the phone booth. She glances over at Sandels questioningly. "So the duel is going to be soon? Where are you having it?" The thought of it makes a pit in her stomach, but it would do no good to bring that up.
Morty wrote: Aug 30, 2023 9:18 pm [Intersection Precinct]

Muttering unpleasant speculation about Sandels' personal habits, Michalson goes to look for Bunny. Who may or may not be nearby.
[Wandering the Streets]

"Where are we having it?", Sandels repeats. He glances up to the sky, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Now that you mention, I don't think I ever specified that part. I told the detective to meet me at Trog's, but since things are as they are, we don't need to take that detour. I can walk right up to his doorstep if I want to. Feh. I'll sleep on it. It's not that important." He waves dismissively and goes to look for a place to spend the night in.

Meanwhile, at the intersection precint, Michalson finds Bunny where he left her. She's too small to break out by force, but not small enough to squeeze past loose floorboards or the like. She's just been pacing around in circles and spent time reading whatever books or articles Michalson might've left within her reach.

---

[Later - Day of the Duel]

Sandels finds his rest under a pentice before a small pub squeezed between larger buildings. The spot is there for patrons to leave their horses or such, but once they see what kind of a horse the bandaged man brought with him, they opt to not disturb his sleep.

When the first light of day hits the rooftops, he gets up on cue, as if he'd never slept at all, even though the rays of light are yet to dispel shadows around him. He steps close to the edge of the pentice and holds his hand just outside, palm upwards, as if checking for rain. When no drops falls on his hand, he steps in the open and looks up at sky. "Mist Danir", he speaks to the air, shading his eyes with his hand, "Lord of the wind. Friend of beasts and travelers. I don't know about you, but I think, today would be a great day for some light drizzle. Would you be so kind and grant that for a Reaper? Glory to your name, to your herd, and to your inn. Truly."

He lets his hand down and stuffs it in his pocket, then starts walking towards Arkham street. The metal horse turns its head to follow him, snorts some sulfurous air from its nostril, then moves to walk after him. If Lia is still asleep, neither does a thing to go wake her up, not that they would care to alert her even if she's awake.

Elsewhere, Senshi Hoshiki is finishing his morning workout. He woke up well before dawn, if you could call what he did sleeping. Maybe meditation would be a better word. He's in the misty garden of his manor, standing in three-battles stance, eyes closed, engaged in breathing exercise and isometric strength training. He draws in the last breaths of the routine and stands straight, then expels the air from his lungs. The mist seems to be blown away with his breath, making way for pale morning light. He then goes and washes himself with a bucket of cold water, before getting dressed and fetching his swords, tying them at his waist.

When he gets out of the front door of his mansion, he finds the metal warhorse and its master already waiting for him across the street. "You're early", the swordsman calls out, resting one hand on the hilts of his swords, "I have to say I didn't expect you to be. I was prepared to hunt you down like the rat you are."

The bandaged man spreads his arms and shrugs, taking a few steps closer. There isn't much traffic coming or going, so he has no qualms loitering in the middle of the road. "What can I say? I'm full of surprises."

The swordsman sizes his opponent and narrows his eyes. "Where is your armor?"

The bandaged man shrugs again, putting his hands back in his pocket. "I left it in the care of another. Doesn't matter. It was broken beyond usefulness anyway."

The swordsman continues glaring, his fingers rapping the hilts. "Are you going to fight like that?"

The bandaged man looks down at himself, at the dirty grey overcoat and barely fitting trousers he stole from a dead bum, before looking back at the swordsman. "Sure. Why not?"

The swordsman stops his rapping and stands silent for a moment. "... you're unarmed."

The bandaged man huffs and cracks his neck. "We both know that's irrelevant. Unless, you want to give me a handicap?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Day of the Duel

Lia follows Sandels to the pub, spending the rest of the day mostly wrapped in her own thoughts. She's sitting there when the reaper goes to sleep, and is still there in the morning. It's been a few days since she's rested now, and although she looks a little drained, mycoids don't need sleep with the same frequency that humans do.

In fact, part of the reason Lia isn't sleeping is out of worry that Sandels will try to depart without her, a justified fear as he leaves quietly in the morning. But her persistence continues as she trails along until they find themselves on Arkham street once more.

Filled with trepidation, she stands to one side of the street as Sandels takes his place aross from the manor's entrance. She casts a dark look in Hoshiki's direction as he arrives, not at all pleased to see him. As the two men begin their confrontation, Lia crosses her arms, nervously tapping her fingers as she observes them. It's no surprise at all that they both start out with insults and bravado, but this posturing is only a prelude to whatever it to come. Which means she has to act now.

Stepping forward, she gives a tight lipped smile and bows her head. "Excuse me. My apologies for interrupting, but if you'll forgive me Hoshiki, there's something I'd like to discuss with Sandels before..." She doesn't want to say before it's too late. "Before the battle commences."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Day of the Duel

Thunder rumbles once and clouds darken. Rain falls, just a little. Exactly as ordered.

A thought drifts on the rain and the breeze that blows through it. A little rain falls but that will only soften the ground beneath your hooves. It would be a good day for a walk.