MERC

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: MERC

Post by Zefir »

[Sparring Area]

After the display of the two staff user Fade waits until they are gone and gather the wooden swords he usually needs. The sound of wood against wood can soon be heared as he starts to train.

[MAIN HALL]

A bulky man with a backpack and two other bags on his sides comes into the office and heads over to a clerk.

"Good day. I think I ned someone in charge or at least with a high rank. I wanna place some Bounty and I also got some other jobs. That need to be done. I would like to have them approved befor I leave."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[The Briefing Room]

"Don't you two worry your heads. I'm great at parlay. A master of it," says Fettina, only half certain what that word even means. "People just love me."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 20, 2022 9:31 pm [Dena's Office]

"Mm..." Dena turns to look at Septimus. "So then let me ask you this, Septimus. What kind of role would you like to have within MERC? Since the way I see it, you seem to have a hard time understanding directions due to a language barrier. Do you agree with that assessment?"
[Dena's Office]

"Your Elven is not good, yes." Septimus agrees, giving a little nod. "I would still like to work as a soldier. I will only need a little more training. And a partner I can not cut in two by accident." He gives Fayyaad a little nod, still rubbing at his side. "Father did not get to finish me before I arrived here. If there are other elves who are available to complete me, maybe we can still make an arrangement."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Dena's Office]

Fayyaad seems mildly perplexed. But then, if Septimus is an unfinished construct of some kind, that would actually explain a lot.

"We do know at least one elf who is also an artificer."

[The Briefing Room]

"As far as we know, these demons are able to keep their heads down, so they can be reasoned with," Dipsnig says. "But be on your guard all the same, of course."
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"My people are usually mistaken for elves..." Dena comments before looking to Fayyaad. She was not going to into the whole language thing right now. Especially not with someone who barely understood a word she said.
"Are you talking about Cassandra? You think she can translate for us?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Dena's Office]

Septimus frowns slightly and looks over Dena again, clearly skeptical of that claim. Her? An elf? Not likely. Sure, there were some superficial similarities, but they're clearly two different things. How anyone could get them mixed up is beyond him.

But, having no idea who they're talking about (apart from someone who also probably isn't an elf), he adds nothing to rhe conversation.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dena's Office]

"I don't think they can understand him better than we do. But they are an artificer, so maybe they can... finish him?" Fayyaad pauses, unsure. "Thought what do you mean by finishing? This could be a misunderstanding."

[Main Hall]

The desk is occupied by a small, slim goblin woman with grey skin and short hair.

"Certainly, sir. Please give me the details."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Briefing Room

"Do we got a destination t' be movin' 'em on to? Since they ain't wanted where they be, do we have somewhere they can go where they do be wanted?" Which would make convincing them to go quite a bit easier.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
WarKitty
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by WarKitty »

The Lab

Xun takes a few notes Basic explosive result, noted. Please proceed.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Main Hall]

The man nods and puts the bags down to the floor.

"I want to set a bounty on all people who have been AMEN members. I am aware that MERC doesn't go for assassinations which is why we want to place them here. We want those individuals get to court. Families have suffered from their actions and want justice." The man explains. "As for the amount we will set a [moderate sum of cash] Bounty. We migth also offer Service, but we have a far range of that and might talk about that individually."

"For the other job we like to only want to have members apply. We have some creatures to hunt down. Non of them proove to be a threat at this point but we predict them to become one in the near future. I Have some dokuments about them here. to sum it up:
A shadowy salker like beast has setteled near Skysides groundtown. It is likly that it will feed on the people down their when the pack is big enougth.
A beast that seems to controll water and fire has been spoted near Riverside.
The last one are Zombilike people with features like jelly appearing in inside. near everyone can run from them but they seem to increase in number by splitting.
Is that enougth?"
ForTheGnomes

Post by ForTheGnomes »

After Xun finishes writing down the results, Jerick picks up the next potion. He shakes it and it turns into a mixture of purple and blue. He throws it, and when it makes impact, almost instantaneously, everyone in the room teleports to a random location within the room. Jerick appears right next to the dummy. He says, "Well, that's new!" He takes out a small, leather-bound notebook from one of his pouches and flips to a page and writes down the new effect.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[The Briefing Room]

"Hey, that's a good question. I don't know where demons would be wanted, but it'll be nice to have an answer when they inevitably bring it up." After all, Solenoid doubts that "just go back to your realm" is an option.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Main Hall]

The goblin writes it all down.

"Do you want to go after everyone who has ever been an AMEN member? Or just those who were there when it collapsed? As for the creatures, it seems straightforward enough. Do the documents contain everything you know about them?"

[The Lab]

Olvisin is less fortunate; she appears mid-air above a pile of straw meant for the wolves' bedding.

"Aaaah!" On the bright side, at least she had a soft landing.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"Yeah, do feel free to clarify that statement." Dena remarks with a gesture at Fayyaad as she looks to Septimus.
She makes no comment about his apparent skepticism.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Dena's Office]

Septimus stares glassy-eyed at the two of them, not seeming to quite understand the question. "...I am not complete." He repeats, slowly, watching their expressions for signs of confusion. "When I was made, I was not made complete. I am still missing pieces. Father wanted to put them in me. He did not get the chance. I would have been able to do more than fight if I had them. I do not have them. Another elf may know how to make them, and then I cam be complete." He continues to stare, wondering if that explanation was satisfactory.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

The Lab

Xun helpfully appears perched right on top of the divider shielding her notetaking area, as her own magic manipulation abilities prevent any catastrophes. She jumps back down onto the desk and takes more notes. Spaciotemporal distortion via the underlying reality wave cycle, tuned specifically to living beings over a minimum mass. Interesting, please continue.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dena's Office]

"So he did mean that literally," Fayyaad surmises. "I don't think any elves we know would have more luck than anyone else... but having an artificer look at him might be a good idea."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Murkus wrote: Aug 20, 2022 4:12 pm [Cantie Banties]

"He can be a real pain in the ass. He's... also a sweetheart somewhere deep down. I promise." Fettina says. She signs the word for 'deep' with emphasis, a couple of times. "Deep, deep down." Tina didn't want to be too hard on Kirk - she really didn't get what the beef was between them. She had to think it was mostly Kirk sparking things off, but she wasn't going to judge what he was feeling too harshly. It isn't as though he's ever been very good at grappling with his emotions.

"I'd check with Dena. And be careful," she tells Cantie, leaning in to peck her in the cheek.
[Cantie Banties]

There's a flicker of bitter, catlike amusement in Cantata's eyes when Fettina makes that first remark, as if there's some inside joke that the angel's not quite in on here. "He certainly can be - but I'll try to keep that in mind," she assures, a warm smile crossing her features when Fettina kisses her on the cheek.

"I'll do that for you, love, promise." She lets the tender atmosphere linger for a moment, appreciating the feelings between them, before looking Fettina up and down with her own slightly cocky look. "You should really be promising me the same thing though, even if you are durable. I'm not sure my heart could take the stress of losing you." Cantata's gestures turn intentionally melodramatic at the end, and she even raises the back of a hand to her brow as if acting out the start of a fainting spell
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
ForTheGnomes

Post by ForTheGnomes »

After getting back behind the protected glass, Jerick takes out the third and final vial. He shakes it and it turns murky brown and green with specks of orange. He throws it and when it hits, nothing happens at first. A moment passes, and suddenly vines, moss, and foliage burst from the ground, turning the whole lab into a jungle. After a second, all of the plants spontaneously combust. Jerick backs away until the flames subside and all the plants are turned to ash. Jerick again takes out his notebook and writes down exactly what happened.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"Can't hurt." Dena remarks, feeling that they had given Septimus more than enough of their time already. But if he was some kind of construct, well, they could use that. "Take him to Cassandra then and report back to me about your findings."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Dena's Office]

Well. That sounds like he's leaving the office, then.

Septimus gives Dena a polite smile and a little bow. "You have been very kind. Thank you for your consideration."

And with that, he'll follow Fayyaad out, to wherever he takes him.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Morty wrote: Aug 23, 2022 9:36 pm [Main Hall]

The goblin writes it all down.

"Do you want to go after everyone who has ever been an AMEN member? Or just those who were there when it collapsed? As for the creatures, it seems straightforward enough. Do the documents contain everything you know about them?"

[The Lab]

Olvisin is less fortunate; she appears mid-air above a pile of straw meant for the wolves' bedding.

"Aaaah!" On the bright side, at least she had a soft landing.
[Main Hall]

"Anyone that can clearly identified as an AMEN member or ex AMEN member. Their judgement still needs to be done." the man replies.

"Yes. I did summarize the informations, but the documents contain the reports from sightings. I was send here prepared."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Main Hall]

Would it be a good time to mention that one of MERC's leaders used to be an AMEN member? Probably not.

"We can take the monster contracts straight away. But I'll need to consult the leadership about the ex-AMEN bounties."

[Dena's Office]

After stepping out of Dena's office, Fayyaad makes a quick call to someone. Then he turns back to Septimus.

"It seems Cassandra can't take a look at you right now. We can wait or find someone else."

[The Lab]

"That was abrupt," Olvisin comments, still picking some straw out of her hair. "Might be good for sowing chaos, not a lot else."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Briefing Room]

"'Go home' is probably out of the question, right?" Fettina chimes in, smirking a little.

[Cantie Banties]

"I'm sure your heart would do just fine, drama queen. Not that it's gonna have to," Tina pokes Cantie gently high on her chest. She sidles a step closer and tries to put an arm around Cantie, drawing her in so they're pressed together. "You want me to promise?" She breathes.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Cantie Banties]

Cantata gives Fettina an innocent, attacked look that can only be described as "hey I'm just a little birthday girl" as Fettina dismisses her teasing - or at least, she does before her wife draws closer until their faces are only inches apart, surprising her and bringing a hue to her cheeks. Her heart flutters, and she answers with a quick, nervous nod, staring back into Fettina's eyes.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Aug 26, 2022 5:33 pm [Dena's Office]

After stepping out of Dena's office, Fayyaad makes a quick call to someone. Then he turns back to Septimus.

"It seems Cassandra can't take a look at you right now. We can wait or find someone else."
[Dena's Office]

"I can wait. Waiting is easy." Septimus replies simply.

Although, as it turns out, waiting and standing still is a bit harder than he lets on. He can sit still for about five minutes before giving in and curiously inspecting their surroundings, from the wall decorations to the people coming through to-

...Does that person there have robot arms? That's interesting. Septimus watches her go about her business, curious as to how those prostheses work.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Cantie Banties]

Fettina reaches up, slides her finger onto Cantie's lips and taps their softness two times. Between touches, she enunciates the words, "I. Promise."

She punctuates it with a kiss that could make a man twice Cantie's size swoon.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Cantie Banties]

Cantata's cheeks flush bright red as Fettina locks lips, and she struggles to adequately reciprocate, briefly overwhelmed by the feelings of the moment. It lasts long enough for Fettina to pull away and leave her stunned if she wants to - but if she lingers, the empath is all too happy to regain her senses and push Tina back into the kiss as she attempts to reach for the curtain.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Briefing Room]

"Going back home is indeed out of the question. As is often the case, bringing demons into this world is considerably easier than getting them to leave," Dipsnig observes drily. "But we do know of a place. You've seen it, Frigate. The village those vampires emptied by killing everyone. We can offer to let them move there to smooth out the process."

[Outside Dena's Office]

Fayyaad nods.

"Oh, yes. That's Olvisin, one of our members. She replaced her natural arms with cybernetics."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Briefing Room

"Aye, I know it. I do think it be a fine port, though I be not an expert on what lubbers need in their towns an' villages." Frigate's opinion on how good a town is, is primarily based on the size and depth of its harbour as well as its location on decent sea routes. All he can say about this one is that it looked relatively large and had a good quality road and that everyone who lived there has died.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.