PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Whispering Sea- Ecbatana

"Probably, my dear, and he's always been ambitious, for himself and his family. Getting on his bad side though is perhaps preferable to being on his good side. For one thing, his political enemies hold better parties." The speaker is another tall man wearing a long robe, though the colours are old and faded, and he's more honestly tall- he's wearing platform shoes, but not stilts. "I'm Amadius Molimorte, the King of Immonia. Or I would be, but Immonia was razed sixty years ago, and nobody has been able to rebuild it. The Temple was looted, and Immonia herself feels sufficiently violated she throws teeth at everyone who approaches the walls." Theoretically an important man, but someone who has very little beyond his title.

The servant, meanwhile, will help Aikobaz up, and start leading her to her chambers- unless she wishes to find out more about either Count Armin or this landless King.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"Please, be my partner!"
"No, pair with me!"
"No me!"
The center of all this attention is emerging from the Romance classroom with an exasperated face. It's time to pick partners for the new year's pair assignments, and she is a very desirable partner. Curvaceous, effortlessly gorgeous, jaw-droppingly beautiful, and dressed in the succubus' version of the school uniform (which covers much less than would be allowed most normal schools' dress codes), Mary, Princess of Succubi pushes through the small crowd of smitten classmates. "Everyone, calm down! I'm not going to decide yet! And when you all crowd around me like this it makes it harder!" Immediately the crowd disperses to a more comfortable distance, not wanting to displease her.
Last year wasn't like this. She was barely noticed. Of course last year she hadn't hit puberty yet. She was still a short, flat-chested, plain-looking girl who happened to have demonic features.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Not!Romance

Speaking of short and flat-chested girls, Asami witnesses as the crowd disperses. As a proud new bully club member, she jumps on this opportunity to exploit Mary's apparent clear discomfort. From the looks of things, this is a classic case of 'formerly lame student suddenly becomes attractive and popular and doesn't know how to handle it'.

Shoud Mary begin to move to her next destination, Asami would subtly alter the light in a way it took an eagle eye to spot. This had the effect of moving around the shadows. In a sense, Mary would eventually find Asami having created a situation where Mary's shadow had completely enveloped the shorter girl.

Asami first asks condescendingly, "Do you mind, Brignole?" Mary's attention may be called down to Asami as she was laying down in a beach lounge chair wearing tinted sunglasses and even holding one of those silver tanning things with three sides. Of course, while Asami may have obviously heard of Mary as "that bitch with the monster tits", this might well be the first time Mary has seen Asami. For a start, Mary may know Asami as that weird kid who burnt people's stuff on the first day of school. "You're blocking out the sun with your ginormous breasts."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[The Whispering Sea - Ecbatana]

"That's terrible!" Aiko lets out an affected gasp, holding her hand over her mouth and giving the nobleman an exaggeratedly wide-eyed stare. "We'll have to fix that right away!" She shakes her head. "I mean... that is why you're here, right? We're friends and all and you want our help fixing up your city and making your birdie all happy again?"

[Not!Romance]

...This is just sad.

Those are Aikobaz's first thoughts as she watches the small crowd of students following Mary out of the classroom. The same crowd from which they'd both struggled to pull a date the previous year. Now they can't get enough of Mary. And Aiko can't even blame succubus magic for this one; there's no telltale hot flashes indicating the use of any magic at all. They are, as far as she can tell, literally just giving her more attention because she grew over the summer.

Which is... sad.

She's right here being all smart and strong and willful and pretty but apparently all her peers care about is cup size.

Harrumph.

Thankfully, there's a civil servant nearby ready to downplay the significance of the royal endowment, and as a bully club member herself, it's Aiko's sworn duty to double down.

"Listen." Aiko stage-whispers to Asami. "I'd keep away from her if I were you. I hear succubus magic makes those contagious."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[ACTION! Archeology]

Okay let's be honest here, how often does a class actually feature directly in one of these scenes. They're just framing! A kicking off point! They're a vehicle to reach the story that's actually desired.

Which means any time a class actually shows up on screen?

That means something is about to go down.

So.

The time has come, at long last, for the members of the ACTION! Archeology class to share their summer projects with the rest of the class! This means presenting. In front of the class.

On the list of fears there's usually only one thing that terrifies people more than death itself (doubly so for a class that spends time in death defying adventures in ancient tombs that are literal death traps) and that's public speaking.

Khannie is waiting her turn, currently without her teen girl illusion because she's planning on using her illusions as a visual aid when the time comes. Which means the class is treated to the hilarious image of a unicorn trying to sit in a school desk. Despite all expectation to the contrary she's pulling it off pretty well. Honestly she's never been bothered THAT much by public speaking. She pulled it off when she was doing Magical Girl stuff plenty of times. There's a bit of a rush but eh, not too bad.

The kid up front right now is definitely not that. He's a nervous wreck, stammering and suffering from long pauses while trying to keep his train of thought. It doesn't help that the power-point slides he's using aren't working right, either. Poor guy. What's he's talking about is cool, some kinda mana-powered flying fortress that was almost totally buried on some remote island? Real cool stuff. He's just not selling it that well.

But...

There's definitely something up.

An electric feeling in the air. The sort of feeling any protagonist who has taken even basic Narrative classes should recognize.

A story is about to start.
Last edited by Rebonack on Oct 04, 2023 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"Huh?" Mary stops when confronted. Then she sees who's doing the confrontation and rolls her eyes.
When Aiko mentions the contagion, some of the more gullible boys recoil, while some of the more gullible girls approach closer. "Really?" one says, reaching for Mary's chest.
"It doesn't work like that," Mary swats the hand away. Then she smiles at Aiko. It's a vicious, self-assured grin that shows Mary's fangs clearly. She feels in control of this situation."Well, well, Aiko. I heard jealousy was a little green monster and here you are. You couldn't make it three hours into the new semester without breaking our little truce? Pathetic. And you really can't come up with anything better than to make fun of my cup size?" She makes a plaintive gesture at the crowd, as if to say 'are these girls for real?' And the crowd is hanging on her every word. It's not just the breasts (although it would be unsurprising if Aiko and Asami thought so), but also an enhanced personal magnetism. Not to mention that Aiko and her bully club aren't exactly well-liked by anyone. "Well, if you're so green with envy about my figure, I could fix that for you, but... Oh! Suddenly I feel the need to prove you wrong about the contagiousness of big boobs!" The meaning of that should be clear.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Not!Romance]

"Our truce?" Aikobaz holds a hand to her sternum, an offended look crossing her face. "You can't think that meant I wouldn't be looking out for my fellow students, now, can you? The people need to know about this sort of thing, after all." She takes a step back from the succubus, her eyes narrowing after a moment. "But since we're such good friends and all, I'll let that one slide. Though I'm not sure how the principal would feel about your choice to insult me based on the color of my skin. Or the threat of using magic on me outside of the usual sanctioned areas." The empress rolls her eyes and flicks her hand to the side. "Good god, Brignole, it's like you want to get in trouble right away."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Not!Romance

Of course, Asami counted among the more gullible girls. She exclaims along with the others, "R-really?" Following up her surprise, she light-warps to face Mary, the sunglasses and tanning device illusion fading while the very real beach chair is left behind.

However, Mary's dismissal disappointed Asami, who awkwardly took a step back. In response to Mary's comeback, Asami frowns and says, "What? But it was my idea to make fun of your cup size first. And who's Aiko, anyways?"

Asami shrinked back from Mary as the crowd expressed their approval. Then frowns when Aiko eggs the conflict on. Feeling slightly stressed, Asami's corona raises a bit.

To try and salvage the situation, Asami sighs and relaxes her posture. After taking a deep breath, she casually waves and greets Mary, "So, what year are in, anyways?"
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

[Administration Building]

Landon, who was standing next to Agate, scowls at Asami. "Hey she came over here to help! No need to insult anyone!"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"Did I threaten to use magic on her?" Mary asks the crowd, receiving a chorus of "No!" in response. "Right! I recall saying that I could use magic to fix that flat chest she's feeling inadequate about, but I won't, because someone decided a truce means she can do whatever she wants and I can't retaliate." She turns back to Aiko. "Obviously, the truce is off, but I'm done with you. I have actual villains to deal with now, you're just a nuisance. Go be self-conscious somewhere else while I talk to your friend who at least showed some creativity with her insults." Asami's protests didn't go unnoticed it seems, her attempt to defuse the situation especially. "We haven't met. I'm Mary, I'm in my second year, same as your jealous 'friend' over there. That trick you pulled with the lights was clever, and you don't seem to have meant to hurt me by it, unlike someone I could name, so I think I can forgive the 'ginormous breasts' crack." They really are huge.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Not!Romance]

"Great. Let the record show that you were the one to break it. Which I'm sure is going to work out wonderfully for you." Aiko plops down in the chair Asami left behind and kicks up her feet, trying her best to appear otherwise unbothered by Mary's comments.

"Asami, don't waste your time. You hear the way she's talking. 'Fixing' 'flat' chests and assuming any little thing that bothers her comes from a place of jealousy." She throws back her head in disgust. "What a horribly shallow way of looking at things. Something like the way her grandmother would carry herself."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Not!Romance]

"Asami desu," replies Asami without missing a beat, "First-year."

Asami turns to Aiko as Mary continually points them out. Sighing with exasperation, Asami scolds, "I feel you're being excessive, there's a clear imbalance of power between you two."

Asami then shakes her head at Aiko and replies, "I don't think i'm wasting my time." She then raises a finger to her chin, closing her eyes and tilting her head forward. "Though I suppose its more accurate to say i'm nearly always wasting my time. I lived a pretty carefree-life before coming here."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"Right," Mary agrees, "And Aiko broke our truce and provoked me by spreading rumors." She doesn't dignify Aiko's comments about her grandmother with a response. "If she'd just leave me well enough alone, I wouldn't be making fun of her at all." Mary fully intends Aiko to hear all of this.
It's clear neither the powerless empress nor the demon princess like each other at all.
The crowd is smaller now. A lot of its members have dispersed in order to get to their next classes.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Seriously.

Seriously?

Khannie goes out of her way to help this new kid who was obviously having problems and what? Now she's going to try to bully Agate? What the heck is this nonsense?

"HEY! What the heck is your problem!?"

Honestly it's really weird.

This kid goes from having a nervous breakdown one second to bullying someone like nothing happened the very next? It doesn't make any sense.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Not!Romance]

While Mary's commentary gets little more than a relatively subdued eye roll from Aiko, Asami's seem to give her a bit more pause. The empress frowns and gives Asami a little glare, before kicking off the chair and standing up again.

"Well, I'll leave you to your delusions, then. I've got better things to do than find new and interesting excuses for being late to class." Aiko turns toward Asami. "And as for you... don't forget we have a club meeting after school today. Room 404. Throng's on snack duty today, so I'd advise against missing it."

She then turns and gives Mary one last hmph! before walking away, presumably off to her next class.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Not!Romance]

Mary's assertion earns some awkward nods from Asami, who was trying not to set the demoness off again. After a short pause, Asami says, "All i'm saying is you can tone it down a bit, not that you shouldn't make fun of her at all or anything."

Then Aiko leaves, prompting Asami to give a friendly wave and send off, "Okay, see you there!" Asami smiles, not being in any particular rush to go to her own next class.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"She's in the bully club. If she's dumb enough to try bullying someone out of her league, she deserves it." Mary sighs. "Listen, I don't want to drag you into Aiko and my feud. She's been jealous of my magic since day one of last year. If she's also jealous of my inability to see my own feet, that's her problem. You seem nicer than her, don't get too caught up in her 'empress' act."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Not!Romance]

Asami nods along, listening intently. Then when Mary makes yet another reference to her massive boobs, Asami's face turns red and she self-consciously places her hands on her own breasts. "Jdhshdgxyxy-" says Asami, her words accompanied by an offended tone and the air distorted by heat.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
"Sensitive topic? Sorry." If Asami is going to get like that when Mary pokes fun at her own boobs, how can she make fun of Mary's boobs herself?
"I was in your shoes last year, looking at the older girls, and, well. You're young, you'll grow. Give it time." Of course if Asami's been paying attention, another option presents itself. Mary didn't say her ginormous breasts weren't contagious. She said "it doesn't work like that" when someone tried to touch them. But even if Asami is interested in that, would Mary be willing? It seems unlikely.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Not!Romance]

Mary's reassurances go amiss, causing Asami to look away and hang her head low in defeat. "I'm already 4 and a half eons old," she sighs depressedly, "Apparently."

Asami did not, in fact, know all that much about how her mortal shell actually worked. Personally, she felt like she hadn't grown at all recently. Compared to all the other girls, Asami felt like an elementary schooler in terms of physical appearence.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
The crowd is pretty much gone now. Asami and Mary are very likely going to be late for their next classes.
"Look, I can see where this conversation is going, and the answer is no," Mary says. Maybe she's wrong but she feels right.
"Aiko said my figure was contagious and you're hoping in some way I'll pass it to you. I won't." In order to forestall an expected complaint, she continues, "Not because you're friends with Aiko, but because if I went around adjusting girls' cup sizes for no good reason, word would get out and everyone who wants to be bigger, (or smaller,) would come running to me, and I don't have nearly enough power to go around. So I can't transform anyone without a very good reason." That implies that if Asami could come up with a good reason, Mary might do it. "Anyway, it was nice meeting you, but I need to go to class."
Mary starts to walk away, but she's not out of reach yet if Asami wants to say something.
Or Asami could try to find her at lunch.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 31, 2023 5:44 pm Admin Building

"Do I know you? I don't recognise your voice." And even if Agate can see Asami, there's no sign of the dwarf recognising the star-girl. This... might not be the response Asami's expecting or hoping for. It seems even picking Agate up at the water balloon party left a big impression on the dwarf Magical Girl.
Artemis wrote: Sep 05, 2023 6:03 am [Administration Building]

Landon, who was standing next to Agate, scowls at Asami. "Hey she came over here to help! No need to insult anyone!"
Rebonack wrote: Sep 05, 2023 4:30 pm [Administration Building]

Seriously.

Seriously?

Khannie goes out of her way to help this new kid who was obviously having problems and what? Now she's going to try to bully Agate? What the heck is this nonsense?

"HEY! What the heck is your problem!?"

Honestly it's really weird.

This kid goes from having a nervous breakdown one second to bullying someone like nothing happened the very next? It doesn't make any sense.

Agate's lack of recognition earns a frown from Asami. "Oh come on, my voice hasn't changed that much since last time," says Asami, her voice suddenly breaking severely at the end. Again, Asami's face becomes flush as her light briefly flashes. Then both Landon and Khannie come to challenge Asami's behavior, to which she flips Agate towards them and dismissively says, "Well, I just have to say something seeing her in an outfit this dorky."

Asami then holds Agate in one arm like a teddy bear and ruffles their hair. She marches forth while she speaks, "Sorry about your turntable, Agatan. Let's get you a new one. If we have time after, I wanna see if we share any classes. I hope we do, you seem nice." Asami's tone was sincere as she was hoping to pacify any remaining hostilities. "Oh, and just say when you wanna be let down," she adds.

[Not!Romance]

"I wasn't even gonna-!" Asami exclaims, looking offended at Mary again. Fuelled with primal tsundere rage, Asami practically sprints to her next class whilst screaming "BAKAAAA!"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Not!Romance
That's what Mary gets for assuming. She should've just bid farewell without giving her whole spiel about why she couldn't help with the problem she assumed Asami would ask her about.
She heads for her next class at a more casual pace. It would be hard for her to sprint in high heels.

ACTION! Archaeology!
Immediately after Khannie in the presentation line is Achuak. The young lizardman, with mottled green scales and an orange crest, is a year ahead of her, and has a selection of possibly cursed artifacts he retrieved from some pyramid with him. Khannie probably knows that AA is a minor for him, he's primarily in the wilderness explorer program. And he always carries a club made from a femur with steel nails driven through one end to form a crude morningstar, even though better weapons are available to PREP students.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

ACTION! Archaeology!

Well, Darko is in the class. When did he enroll at PREP? Did he even? Well, he's here now.

Somehow he's managed to find a uniform that fits even worse than his usual clothes, with sleeves that almost cover his fingers. It's like the zoot suit of school uniforms. And of course, he has his black canvas sack with him. He wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Since he's a new student, he doesn't have anything to present- can't work on a summer project you don't know exists. In fact, he's still getting used to this school thing as a whole. It's a lot different from the usual work he does. It seems to make sense for one thing, which is totally throwing him for a loop.

So for now he's just watching the other students and trying to mimic what they do like a well adjusted and socially normal fourteen year old human.

And he's desperately trying not to stare at anyone, but the people here are so interesting. When you're a normal human like he is, creatures like fox people and lizardfolk are new and exciting. If only he weren't so shy about starting conversations.
horses can attack and eat me
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Ecbatana

"Well, yes, in theory that is why I am here. Mostly I am here because my father was here, and his mother was able to get here after my grandfather rather stupidly killed the orcish emissary and had them skinned and stuffed and sent back as a murderous scarecrow. Here's some advice, your highness- never do that to anyone whose army is larger than yours, especially if they've already conquered a city or two. The metrodeus of Immonia is not a bird, however. Our goddess takes the form of a bone-white spider, with a human skull for her abdomen. Something was looted from her temple, which she wants returned, but... we don't know what." Given her habit of throwing teeth, and exactly who did the looting, Aikobaz might realise what Immonia wants returned and where it is.

Amadius smiles at Aikobaz, the smile of someone who does, in fact, know how to turn somebody's corpse into a malevolent scarecrow.

ACTION! Archeology

Also in the class is Mat the Squirrel, a red-furred squirrel-girl wearing a copy of the uniform with trousers, her bushy tail sticking out from behind her. She's holding her sword, which is as tall as she is right now, and her desk has been covered with a few artefacts but mostly she's got charcoal rubbings taken from a variety of walls and standing stones, all stretched out with artefacts as weights.

Admin Block

"Hey! Put me down! I remember you now- you're the numbskull who decided picking people up was funny! Let me go and we'll see how you like it!" Agate struggles and kicks, though her Magical Girl costume at some point stopped being anything but her uniform, trying desperately to be let go.

Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

After Class

Aikobaz's escape from the romance class is headed off pretty quickly by a large purple dragon appearing in her path and-
immediately looking doubtful and leaving?
But after her next three classes and the day is over THEN a large purple dragon appears before her and looks far more resolute as he stays there!
"Aikobaz? Can I talk to you for a minute? It's important. I was going to ask before but I figured I should wait until you finish your classes." Despite Aiko's rivalry with Mary, she and Kol haven't really interacted after that one time.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[ACTION! Archaeology!]

It's a pretty exciting class, to be sure.

Or rather, the homework for the class tends to be pretty exciting. The class itself can be exciting, too, if you're the sort of person who's really into history. Thankfully Khannie is! And it would appear several other students are, too. It's also exciting when something odd is up.

Khannie perks up at the feeling, looking this way and that. It's a strange feeling for sure. Like a charge to the air. Like the classroom is teetering right at the edge of a storm.

Is it something one of the students brought? None of Khannie presentation artifacts are terribly exciting. Just a few cool things she found in Enigma as well as a couple oddities from the zombie bunker. Which, honestly, was more of a curiosity than a huge find. But that's just how ACTION! Archaeology is sometimes. You never know when you're going to get a big adventure or a relatively peaceful dig.

Even Glavin appears to be noticing it at this point, pausing his presentation to look even more befuddled than he was previously. "So, uh... that's... uh.... that's why... Umm..." he stammers, fiddling with the mana battery in his hands. "Does, uh, does anyone else...?"

"Yeah it feels like something's about to pop," Khannie says, casting her eyes around the room curiously. She feels like her fur is standing on end under her illusion. Mat's tail probably looks like someone electrified it.

Up at the front of the room the instructor glances up from his notepad, raising any eyebrow at the disturbance.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

ACTION Archaeology
Achuak grips the handle of his morningstar tightly. Everyone in the room can tell something is about to go down. But what? He's watching the other students carefully.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

ACTION! Archaeology!

Darko can tell that something is happening, and he looks around, eyes wide with interest. Running a hand through his sandy hair, he pulls a deck of cards from his sleeve and beginning shuffling them to calm his nerves.

After a moment he tilts his head, as if listening to an invisible something leaning over to whisper in his ear. "Yeah, I feel it. Something weird is going on." The boy shifts to the edge of his seat, ready to bolt if things get dicey.
horses can attack and eat me
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

ACTION! Archaeology

Mat is, as it happens, rather vigorously brushing her tail as all her fur is standing on end. She's also chittering angrily at it and occasionally glaring at her rubbings. Given she had to wrestle them onto her desk when she got them out and she's using heavy bronze bulls to hold them down, this may seem somewhat reasonable. Her sword remains in easy reach, but is also large enough she can't quite hold it and try to brush her tail at the same time.