Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Rebonack »

[Moonstruck]

"Haha, yeah, try not to die," Catherine replies a bit uneasily. "What happens if I die?"

She has no idea.

As she understands it, empyreans don't really die die. Since they, and by extension she, are weird. But evidentially it's something she wants to avoid.

But anyway!

Time to go elsewhere.

Namely, into the mirrored moon pool.

First thing our heroes will experience is a weird inversion of gravity. Step into the reflection and suddenly 'down' is in the opposite direction. They find themselves in a mirror image world, much like the one they just came from. It is shrouded in the light of the full moon. All the landmarks are the same. And yet... there moon in the sky is a great figure curled up in the fetal position, luminous brambles shackling it to the earth. It looks humanoid, though its form is pocked and twisted like whirlpools of flesh constantly in motion. The brambles are lashed around and creep over the whole of the mirror world in one vast glowing hedge.

This place feels caustic. Not immediately lethal, no. But just being here is deeply unpleasant.

"That's no moon," Cat says, using a slightly different accent when she speaks. Clearly a reference that Selekhael wouldn't get.

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Sekhmet doesn't accept June's help. "No, no, no, you need to get out of here. With all the wine in the water you could poison yourself really easily." Will June leave after this warning, or will she be too stubborn to?

Moonstruck
"I don't know and I don't want to find out," Sele replies. This place is creepy and gross. And Cat is quoting movies. "No, it's not," Sele says, completely not getting it. Between this and the Ghostbusters reference earlier, Zee should really schedule some movie nights with her adopted daughter.
But what are they supposed to do now?
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Moonstruck]

Oh.

Well.

That's not very comforting at all, is it?

But then again, the giant floating up in the sky isn't very comforting, either.

Cat looks up at the near-corpse of a god hanging in the sky.

"This place isn't real, right? So we shouldn't expect it to work like the real world does either. So maybe if I-"

Then she closes one eye, reaches up a hand, and curls her fingers around the distant lunar figure. Otherworldly light begins streaming between her fingers as she goes, "Ow ow ow," and draws her hand back to herself. When she opens her fingers again there's a tiny mouse-sized god in her palm, still shackled with vines.

"Huh."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: Sep 04, 2023 10:35 pm Japaraita
Sekhmet doesn't accept June's help. "No, no, no, you need to get out of here. With all the wine in the water you could poison yourself really easily." Will June leave after this warning, or will she be too stubborn to?
[Japaraita]

Sekhmet's idea is correct, the only thing June can do by helping is delay what's happening. And this is a situation where reacting faster is better. Best thing for her to do is to get out of here.

June is stubborn, but she also recognizes this.
She still takes a few moments to debate what she should do. Should she just swim out? Grab Sekhmet's arm and insist they both swim out immediately?

"...fine," she says.
She lets go and stops helping, causing things to continue their collapse. She backs up, and doesn't immediately swim out: "Fine, but if you're not right behind me, I'm coming back."

June swims out of the wine cellar, up the stairs and into the kitchen. She looks back.

Now, sure, Sekhmet could just leave. But if she waits long enough, the room will flood with wine and - although she's apparently immune to alcohol poisoning - it might be fun to just stick around and enjoy the water slowly turning reddish.

Zefir wrote: Sep 04, 2023 9:52 am [Riftline]

Oh there is another person in the train who has a thing for foxgirls, but he doesn't wear a hood or anything shady.
In fact Violeta might be a bit suprised.Befor the shutdown she may have sworn the seat next to her was empty, but when the emergency lights kick in someone is sitting there... or did he sit there the whole time? The reason she might notice him just now is not because he suddendly appeared. It's because he suddendly speaks up.

"Anothery delayed train? for gods sake, that is the first and last time i use public transportation." The man say, obviously annoyed.

The man himself looks like a normal traveler, could be coming from an office job or just made a tour. He wears casual clothing wwithout any remakrable feats, only a necklace with a piece of marble makes him look different then any NPC. Thought he is no NPC and he hides his bombs as it's allways a bad idea to carry them openly.
[Riftline]

With the sudden appearance of someone who she's pretty sure wasn't there before next to her, Violeta gasps. Best case scenario, nobody was there. Worst case scenario, the person sitting by her suddenly came into the train with the storm.

But...he seems to be acting like normal.
Best case scenario, if Violeta comments on having not seen him, she comes off as rude. Worst case scenario, he realizes that she's noticed he wasn't there before and does something to her to keep her silent.

Best to just act like normal, like he's been there the whole time, Violeta thinks.

"Um, yeah, you're right," she says, trying to sound like she's not nervous at the situation. "I've had pretty bad experiences with public transportation, too," she says.

Violeta glances at his marble-piece necklace, and makes an assumption: "Are you religious, too?" she asks, since she assumed it's some type of religious piece. Violeta also has a necklace, too, with a symbol at the end.

The hooded guy becomes visibly dissatisfied when he notices the other guy sitting next to Violeta. If there wasn't someone there, he would've gone up right now and spoken with her.

The light outside gets darker, as the storm gets closer.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Riftline]

The hooded guy might still want to go over. Shady guys mostly know more about other shady or criminal guys.
Zefir was a member of AMEN but not really a peopular one nor did he even try to get into the spotlight, even as he was leading them for a bit. To be honest he took them over when they were already dead.

He glances over to the girl, not making any reaction that she just noticed him. Her gasp wasn't missed, but he just plays as if nothing happened.

"Nah not really. " he says. "It's just a commen sentence where i'm from. The whole concepts of most religions is suspiciouce. he makes a hort break. "What did you experience? It can't be that bad if you are still using it."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Moonstruck
"Don't use dream logic!" Sele warns too late, "It's literally harmful to us." Well. Now they have a tiny moon god. It's probably no less dangerous for its small size. Sele unfolds into her full glory and glares at the hateful little thing. "Be purged." She shines with the Light of Truth in the hopes that it will annihilate the unreal moon presence.

Japaraita
Once June is out, Sekhmet carefully sets the remains of the wine rack down and then follows her. "Sorry about the mess, that's my fault." At least she got two bottles of wine out of it.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

A child has fallen ill in Inside from the curse of a demon. Normally with these things they would curse them to need something really hard to find like unicorn tears or pure silver from an underground vein harvested in pure darkness or a devil's little finger. The problem is that there's a lot of normally rare things just lying around Inside so the demon got EXTRA SPECIFIC.

The child needs to be blessed (in person) by a blue unicorn. And not the cute pony kind which was tested immediately. Being made of marshmallows disqualifies you apparently.

Now, Jace is pretty sure that any powerful celestial would probably do. But you don't go against prophecies it only makes your life harder. And he's a Sorcerer in Blue so he was asked to help find the BLUE thing. He wanted to tell them that that's really not how that works but how is he going to say no to a sick cursed kid?

So off he is in the middle of nowhere. SUPPOSEDLY there were legends of a blue unicorn in this area. No sightings recently but there's suspiciously pure streams everywhere and flowers growing all over so there's SOMETHING magical going on. Could just be a fairy or something. But you never know.

Jace stops by an old crumbled building on the edge of the woods and knocks on it.
"Eudaemonia, Lady of Doors, may your adventurous spirit guide me on this oddly specific quest." he mutters softly before continuing into the woods.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 05, 2023 4:50 pm Japaraita
Once June is out, Sekhmet carefully sets the remains of the wine rack down and then follows her. "Sorry about the mess, that's my fault." At least she got two bottles of wine out of it.
[Japaraita]

For the short time Sekhmet was still in there, June waits at the trapdoor's entrance, ready to go back down if it feels like Sekhmet's taking too long.

Fortunately, she doesn't take too much time.

"It's okay, this isn't my castle," June says, "I don't have to clean up afterwards, so it's fine."

She backs up and puts a little space between them, and turns around to look at the exits to this kitchen. "So we still don't know where all the keys go, right? There's a couple more rooms we can still look through. Should we look for where they go, or you think we've explored enough?"

Zefir wrote: Sep 05, 2023 7:55 am [Riftline]

The hooded guy might still want to go over. Shady guys mostly know more about other shady or criminal guys.
Zefir was a member of AMEN but not really a peopular one nor did he even try to get into the spotlight, even as he was leading them for a bit. To be honest he took them over when they were already dead.

He glances over to the girl, not making any reaction that she just noticed him. Her gasp wasn't missed, but he just plays as if nothing happened.

"Nah not really. " he says. "It's just a commen sentence where i'm from. The whole concepts of most religions is suspiciouce. he makes a hort break. "What did you experience? It can't be that bad if you are still using it."
[Riftline]

The shady hooded guy really wanted to speak to Violeta alone, so Zefir's presence really puts a damper on his plans.

Violeta looks at Zefir more, "Ah."

Violeta is religious.

But she feels like, because of his opinions on religion, she thinks discussing it won't be a good thing to do. So, instead, she just talks about her last time on this train line: "Oh, it wasn't that serious," she says, "Just, a train robbery happened. People rode up and stopped the train then went through it."

The light outside gets a little darker, then heavy rain starts hitting the train. The sound of the rain can be heard hitting the roof of the train.

Then, there's a loud sound coming from up on top of the mountain, of rocks cracking and trees hitting trees. Seems like there's another mudslide, a lot closer this time. In fact, moments later the train suddenly rocks to the side as the mudslide hits the very front of the train, knocking the first couple cars of the train off the rails.

A few people start panicking.

Not long after, the announcement speakers start up again: "There is no need to worry, we have already called for rescue. As long as you remain in the train, you'll remain safe from the elements; help will be here in a few hours."

Violeta looks concerned, though.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Moonstruck]

Cat's hand looks like she grabbed a hot iron but hey it worked, right?

Selekhael then blasts the ever-loving HECK out of the crippled spirit. Here, even in its realm, it really doesn't have much in the way of defenses against something like this. Beings like these really aren't meant to survive direct conflict since they're little more than parasites on mortal dreams and ambitions.

Dangerous if they're allowed to grow, certainly.

But as starved as this one is?

Much of its waning power was wasted on manifesting servants into the real world.

Without much fanfare it is destroyed.

The reflected world doesn't immediately collapse, but it's probably a good idea to get out of here.

"Is that it?" Cat asks, rubbing her burned hand.

[A Desire for Blue]

Right as Jace sets out he may notice something in his peripheral vision.

In one of the pools nearby, all alone, grows an Osiri blue water lily.

There aren't any other flowers like it nearby.

By all accounts, it shouldn't even be growing here. They like warm oasis pools, not shaded ponds in forests.

But there it is.

An auspicious sign, to be sure.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"Let's look around a bit more," Sekhmet suggests, "I'm not quite done with this yet." she indicates her mermaid tail when she says that.
This time, however, it's up to June to decide where they go.

Moonstruck
"I think so. Let's get out of here!" Sele folds back down and rushes back towards the reflecting pool. They need to escape before this reflection collapses!
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 06, 2023 5:23 pm Japaraita
"Let's look around a bit more," Sekhmet suggests, "I'm not quite done with this yet." she indicates her mermaid tail when she says that.
This time, however, it's up to June to decide where they go.

[Japaraita]

"Hmmm....okay," June says.

She swims around the room a couple times, thinking aloud. "Let's see...where haven't we been yet. There's still a bunch of rooms upstairs, but if we're doing that we should save it until after we're done with the water," she says, and, "that study office room looked like it had some exit buried under mud but I dunno if I want to dig through all that right now. Which leaves that chapel, the armory and its stairs, and when I swam out to grab my shells I saw some foundations for other buildings on the bottom of the lake..."

She stops swimming, and finds a counter to pretend to sit on.
"Hmmm...I'd feel guilty ransacking a church, especially without knowing anything about what they believe in in the first place, so that's out. How about we check out what kinds of weapons they used here?"

June swims northwards so they can cut through the great hall and into the armory.

Once in there, there's actually a wide variety of weapons! Guns, spears, swords, cannons, armor, and several other things like that. Nearly all of them are in terrible condition, though. The ones that are in better condition are the all-metal ones, which would probably need a tune-up before they're usable. Some littered across the floor, some sticking up out of boxes.

Actually, though, there are some weapons in here that are locked behind cases like the ones that were in the study. They use the same keys, too, even. However, most of them are empty; there's only a really fancy gold and silver decorative sword and sheath left, a fancy decorated armor set that needs a lot of tender love and care to make it look good again, and a bone dagger that's pretty clearly magical but also gives off huge vibes of 'too dangerous to touch without proper care' thanks to said magic.

There's also a stairwell downwards, to the dungeons.
There's some pieces of furniture that apparently are blocking the way down, though. Not like they were placed intentionally, but rather that they were washed there.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Zebes stirs in Jace's hood but falls back asleep immediately. Jace smiles at the flower. He inclines his head in gratitude at the sign and continues on his way into the woods.
Maybe he should put a pond in his yard. That would be nice.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Sep 06, 2023 1:44 am [Riftline]

The shady hooded guy really wanted to speak to Violeta alone, so Zefir's presence really puts a damper on his plans.

Violeta looks at Zefir more, "Ah."

Violeta is religious.

But she feels like, because of his opinions on religion, she thinks discussing it won't be a good thing to do. So, instead, she just talks about her last time on this train line: "Oh, it wasn't that serious," she says, "Just, a train robbery happened. People rode up and stopped the train then went through it."

The light outside gets a little darker, then heavy rain starts hitting the train. The sound of the rain can be heard hitting the roof of the train.

Then, there's a loud sound coming from up on top of the mountain, of rocks cracking and trees hitting trees. Seems like there's another mudslide, a lot closer this time. In fact, moments later the train suddenly rocks to the side as the mudslide hits the very front of the train, knocking the first couple cars of the train off the rails.

A few people start panicking.

Not long after, the announcement speakers start up again: "There is no need to worry, we have already called for rescue. As long as you remain in the train, you'll remain safe from the elements; help will be here in a few hours."

Violeta looks concerned, though.
[Riftline]

Violeta wasn't that girl with the sect following her around and worship her like a god?
I think it is a good feeling, since his opinion is even worst. He would kill those people worshiped as gods in most cases because most gods he know are just humans that became 'god level'. It's a bit complex but in short you can say he sees them just as very high mages who manipulate people.

"A robbery?" he says. "Huh didn't expect that. I mean the time of robbing a train with 200 miles an hour is kinda strange and in most cases not very valuable,."

As the news come he stays calm. Yet this part of the train wasn't effected. He looks on his phone, but sees the connection fading especially as the mud blocks the signal.

"Seems like you got another bad day in the train." then he stretches himself as he notice her concern. "Stay calm. there isn't anything you can do now unless you can end the storm or get the train behin it."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

Deep into the woods goes Jace and Zebes, and as the trees thicken and close in, they'll stumble upon a small chapel. Or it was a chapel. Now it's ruined; the brick walls still stand, but the roof has fallen in and rotted away, visible only as the occasional piece of slate protruding from the grassy tussocks inside the chapel. The windows are mostly broken, only occasionally a piece of blue glass held in place by old lead. The altar, however, at the far end of the chapel, is intact. Resting atop it are three things; a statuette of a unicorn made from lapis lazuli, a bronze candlestick, and the fossilised footprint of a rhinoceros.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Well. That’s certainly strange. The place has fallen to rot but the altar remains? It must have the protection of Someone at the very least.

Jace fishes a stub of candle out of his bag and puts it on the candlestick. Zebes lights it with his breath despite Jace being quite capable of doing it himself. He bows his head respectfully for whoever has protected this place before he picks up the statuette and examines it. He suspects there is magic at play in this place. Zebes sniffs at the fossil a bit but it isn’t made of any kind of rock he’s interested in.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

The candle is placed, and lit, and Something Happens. The chapel goes dark, and then a breeze blows through and blows the candle out. Light returns, and... they are no longer, exactly, in the chapel. The chapel remains, albeit in much nicer repair. The windows are intact, and there's a roof in place, it's all nice and clean and fresh. There's wooden pews stretching across the room, with an aisle in the centre decorated with elaborate knotwork. Daylight is streaming through the windows, painting the altar blue, and a brass-bound door stands behind Jace and Zebes between them and... whatever might lie beyond. The woods? Perhaps.

The unicorn statuette remains on the altar, as does the fossil. The candlestick is nowhere to be found. If picked up, it's as heavy as one might expect, and seems utterly mundane.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

"Huh. Perhaps we've been secreted away to the master of the forest's domain?" "This is sounding pretty fairy but it feels less existence-threatening at least."
Jace reaches down and daubs the unicorn and the altar with a tiny little spell. The unicorn has been sitting there for a while so it has a connection to the altar. Linking the two, Jace takes the statuette with him. It will help point him back here if he gets lost. If the little compass spell continues to work in this place at least.

The backup plan established, Zebes returns to Jace's shoulder and they head off to see what's outside this new chapel.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Desire for Blue

Immediately outside the chapel's door is a small cemetery, with rows of worn gravestones bounded by an ivy-covered drystone wall. A footpath meanders amongst the graves, leading to a rusty iron lychgate in the western side of the graveyard. The stones feel calm and peaceful, the air imbued with a supernatural aura of peace and tranquillity, mixed with a slightly more dangerous compulsion to go to lay down on the grass next to the stones and go to sleep.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Well, Jace is in the middle of a quest; he can't go to sleep!
He goes over the path and to the gate, slipping on a glove before trying to open it (tetanus is no joke!).
If the gate doesn't budge the pair will simply slip over the wall with their various means of flight. No sense damaging the gate in this peaceful place.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

The gate is a little stiff, but not locked; it creaks as it opens, and reveals... there's not much outside the churchyard. A short path, running towards a crumbling tower with sunlight visible through the upper windows, but nothing but mist on either side and no sign of ground except where the path runs. The end of the path is a sturdy wooden door with big brass studs to decorate and further reinforce it.

That door is also unlocked, and opening it leads into the base of the tower. There's a stairway built into the wall running all the way up the circular building, but it goes nowhere- the other floors are marked only by holes where joists once stood and ornate fireplaces stranded on the walls. It has no roof, and sunlight streams in from all the many holes. There's worn carvings on the inside walls, runes and glyphs eroded by time and weather, and a verdigris-coated copper chest is embedded in the floor at the opposite side of the room. Another doorway leads out, a short flight of stairs down into what might once have been a basement or cellar, with another wooden door matching the first sealing it off.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

"Okay that's a little spookier than I was expecting." admits Zebes as the find themselves on a lone misty road.
They do not stray from that path. That would be a TERRIBLE idea.
"Hm. Sunlight pours out of the windows from the outside. But inside, it's coming in." There might be something to that. If there were any mirrors they'd already be assuming they had to line up the light beams.
Maybe whatever they were keeping here holds a clue. Jace goes to open the chest while Zebes flutters around the ruined building eyeing the faded glyphs.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"This one is dangerous," Sekhmet points out the bone dagger. "I don't think it should be left here." She looks around for a bag to put it in and some cloth to wrap around it so she can handle it without touching.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Zefir wrote: Sep 07, 2023 6:43 am [Riftline]

Violeta wasn't that girl with the sect following her around and worship her like a god?
I think it is a good feeling, since his opinion is even worst. He would kill those people worshiped as gods in most cases because most gods he know are just humans that became 'god level'. It's a bit complex but in short you can say he sees them just as very high mages who manipulate people.

"A robbery?" he says. "Huh didn't expect that. I mean the time of robbing a train with 200 miles an hour is kinda strange and in most cases not very valuable,."

As the news come he stays calm. Yet this part of the train wasn't effected. He looks on his phone, but sees the connection fading especially as the mud blocks the signal.

"Seems like you got another bad day in the train." then he stretches himself as he notice her concern. "Stay calm. there isn't anything you can do now unless you can end the storm or get the train behin it."
[Riftline]

Nope, Violeta doesn't have anyone worshipping her; my character who he met and has that is more of a deer-centaur lady, not a foxlady. The only person who's called Violeta a god was a gross weird guy who was trying to flirt with her while she was at work.

"For some reason, the trains move slower through some parts of Outside," Violeta says, "and it seems like they were waiting for a train to get to the slower places to chase and board it."

She looks out the window. It's dark out there. "You're right," she says. "Can't do anything about it, so should stop worrying." She takes a deep breath.
"Not that I think you can, but just by chance, can you do anything to end the storm or move the train?" she asks.

Some time passes, since it will take a while for help to arrive.

Meanwhile, a couple of the other passengers start complaining. The aristocratic catpeople start saying they can't believe the unprofessionalism of the trainworkers, letting them get stuck here. In fact, one of them says, they're going to go talk with the train help right now and demand better service, that someone come in here and make it up to them.

bc56 wrote: Sep 07, 2023 4:00 pm Japaraita
"This one is dangerous," Sekhmet points out the bone dagger. "I don't think it should be left here." She looks around for a bag to put it in and some cloth to wrap around it so she can handle it without touching.
[Japaraita]

"I'm going to check what's down these stairs," June declares once she notices Sekhmet look at the cases and open them up.
She swims to the stairwell, and starts pulling some of the furniture out of the way, so that she can sneak past them.

"If you've got some way to safely take care of it," she says, saying that's fine, Don't want to take something that's dangerous unless you're confident that you can safely hold on to it somewhere.

As Sekhmet looks around for a bag or cloth, she'll notice that anything she finds is too deteriorated to use. There was cloth above water that was still usable, but the only thing like that below water is either the clothes they were wearing before changing and June's purse and bag that she brought. There's just not that many types of cloth that can maintain their strength after being in water this long. However, besides borrowing June's things, the next best choices are to either wrap it in some of the chainmail around and grabbing a small bucket or a rotting wooden container to keep it in, and then she can put it in a better container after they surface.

Regardless of what Sekhmet chooses, after a while June backs away from the stairwell. She had made a good-sized opening at the top of the stairwell that she could swim-crawl through, and comes out backwards. "...Just the dungeons. Let's not go down there," she says. She doesn't say why, exactly, but it's because she came to the realization that locked doors plus sudden flooding spelled trouble.

She swims towards Sekhmet to see what she's doing: "What'd you find?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Moonstruck]

Yeah Catherine is definitely in agreement on this one!

There's a mad dash for the exit as the pocket realm begins collapsing in on itself, scrambling around imploding impressions of distance and sensation. Thankfully our heroes manage to scramble out right as the tiny universe pops like a soap bubble, leaving them splashing face first into the big pond.

Most importantly?

The moon above in the REAL sky isn't full anymore.

It's a half moon.

Just like it SHOULD be.

"Oh neat! Quest completed! And I got two perk points!" Catherine says, pumping her arms in the air.

Nothing quite like getting COOL STUFF for doing good deeds.

[A Desire for Blue]

It is at this very moment that Jace's phone makes a BLING! tone to announce that he just got a text message.

Should he fish it out he'll discover-!
Khannie: hey i decided to check out an old ruined called the ossuary
Khannie: it has some spooky undead and curses but that basically just means snacks
Khannie: im going to check it out for ACTION! Archeology homework
Khannie: i hope you and uncle zebes have a fun time on your quest!
Khannie: bring me back something cool <3
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Sekhmet takes some scraps of chainmail and wraps them around the dagger. "I, uh, don't know exactly what it is, but it's dangerous. So, uh, don't unwrap this."

Moonstruck
Sele didn't even get any perk points from that. She's too high level for that quest to be worth more than a pittance. "Now you've, uh, completed your first quest," Sele says, "Are you okay on your own from here?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Moonstruck]

"Umm..." Catherine replies as she begins sifting through the Perk constellations. Right! She was going to finish filling in the first node of the Husk tree! That'll let her invest more Spheres into the husks when she creates them AND make it so her explosions don't blow them up. As she learned earlier that's pretty important.

"Yeah I think so! Thanks for helping me get through my first quest, Sele! Maybe I'll try something a little less intense for my next one," Catherine muses as she finally makes a point of climbing out of the pond.

Haha.

She's all wet.

But who cares, right?

This is fun.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Moonstruck
"It was fun! I, uh, need to get going. Some of my faithful are, uh, calling me to oversee their wedding." That's a lame excuse even though it's true, Sele. We all know you can time travel, so there's absolutely no chance of you missing it.
But you want to give Cat some space to start growing on her own. That's understandable.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 07, 2023 6:04 pm Japaraita
Sekhmet takes some scraps of chainmail and wraps them around the dagger. "I, uh, don't know exactly what it is, but it's dangerous. So, uh, don't unwrap this."
[Japaraita]

June nods, and says, "Huh, I see," she says. Actually, she doesn't really get why it's so dangerous. But still, she says, "Alright. Want me to put it somewhere?" she asks.

So, turns out it's an intelligent weapon. Can even talk in the mind of someone who's wielding it. But, the thing is, it tries to influence the mind of whoever's wielding it. And, not only that, it gets both stronger as a weapon and stronger in its ability to control minds for every time it gets used to kill someone.

June swims over to look at the gold and silver decorative sword. "Hey, how about this one? Looks cool, but is it dangerous, too?" she asks. It's not magical at all, though, just purely decorative. Realistically, it's hardly even a good weapon since gold and silver make poor weapons in the first place.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Sekhmet's not going to find out that the dagger is sentient, because she's not going to wield it. She intends to put it in a safe place where no one will stumble over it.
"Huh? Oh, that should be safe." it's a nice sword she supposes. "It's a display piece. I wouldn't use it as a weapon." She's a blacksmith, she knows these things. The silver parts of the weapon are, however, glowing and heating up. Weird. What could be causing that?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 07, 2023 9:39 pm Japaraita
Sekhmet's not going to find out that the dagger is sentient, because she's not going to wield it. She intends to put it in a safe place where no one will stumble over it.
"Huh? Oh, that should be safe." it's a nice sword she supposes. "It's a display piece. I wouldn't use it as a weapon." She's a blacksmith, she knows these things. The silver parts of the weapon are, however, glowing and heating up. Weird. What could be causing that?
[Japaraita]

June looks at the gold and silver sword.

"Hmmmmm."
She thinks, and watches it start to heat up and light up and heat up the water around it. "Oh, hey! It's got some kind of fire magic on it," she concludes. "Fire swords are pretty cool, even if this one's not actually made to be a good weapon." Reasonable assumption, probably, considering they found a crystal ball and an evil dagger. And charming glasses, too.

She reaches out to it, and then pulls back, and tries to think of a way to grab it without burning herself on it. "Hm. Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm..."

June decides she'll use a combination of her crowbar and a small shovel from her purse, to pick it up. "I'll go bring this to the the great hall, because it might be hard to carry it around everywhere." Carefully balancing the sword between the two objects, she swims out of the room, going just nearby. "Hey, you've got the keyring, right?" she asks on the way out. "Think you can figure out what to look for or where to go?"

The remaining keys, not including the cell key, include the jewelry box key where they haven't found a jewelry box anywhere yet, the key that pretty clearly goes to somewhere in the chapel, and the intricate key that goes to the treasure room.

After June puts the sword by the rope and her larger bag, she returns.