Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

It might also be that light is flowing through the ruined tower, as it lacks internal structures that might stop it, and Earl worded things poorly. Sunlight rarely enters all windows equally, though as this tower lacks a roof sunlight would get in without windows.

The glyphs are worn into unintelligibility. It's hard even to say to which script- if any- they once belonged, let alone try to read them. More recent graffiti has also been scratched into the walls, further marring the original inscription with names and dates.

The chest, at first, appears empty. Closer examination will reveal a false bottom, beneath which is a layer of worn pentagonal coins made from aluminium bronze, thirty of them, all marked on one side with a six-toed footprint and on the other with a face. Resting on the coins are a bracelet of glass beads, though the string has decayed so all the beads are loose, and a coiled silver chain with clasps resembling a snake eating its own tail.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Well, it was worth checking. Zebes returns to Jace's shoulder as Jace collects the beads and coins into a pouch. Jace idly checks the snake for magic as the pair go to the door at the bottom of the stairs and check to see if they can open it.

He takes a moment to text back Khannie.
>in a mysterious realm made of mist rn not sure if this will send
>found a cool statue but it was on an altar so will prob return when done
[a picture of the lapis unicorn is attached]
>remember not to anger gods
>anyway will take pictures if we find magic unicorn love you dont fall into any weird pits
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

The snake is magical, enchanted to shine and sparkle and always look attractive. Not a useful item, but potentially interesting anyway.

The door isn't locked, and requires a firm shove to get it open. Beyond, there's a rather interesting chamber. It's rectangular, with a vaulted ceiling with large windows in it. The chamber is mostly brass and stone, and the light entering through the windows is tinted blue-green and dapples everything like it's shining through water. There's another exit, in the same wall but further south; a heavy-looking grate set in runners next to a wheel mounted on the wall. The only other thing of interest in this room is the skull of a male narwhal hanging from the opposite wall, the immense spiralling tusk stretching most of the room's length.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Zebes gasps excitedly.
"Look, Jace! A sea unicorn!" giggles the pocket dragon.
"Well, the place is certainly still sticking to a theme. We've seen the usual kind, a footprint of a large animal that might have horns, and this one. We might still be on the right track, even here." It's encouraging even as this room could not possibly fit under the other one, a fact which might otherwise have been concerning.

Jace and Zebes bow respectfully to the skull just in case there's a spirit still haunting it before turning to the wheel-operated grate-door and giving it a spin.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Yes, definitely a fire sword. It's not because silver reacts to Sekhmet's presence.

The treasure room is buried, right? Sekhmet doesn't really feel like digging through the muck, and she doesn't need treasure. But she also can't enter the chapel. So she'll search around for the jewelry box, but she suspects it's upstairs somewhere or in another buried room.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm Japaraita
Yes, definitely a fire sword. It's not because silver reacts to Sekhmet's presence.

The treasure room is buried, right? Sekhmet doesn't really feel like digging through the muck, and she doesn't need treasure. But she also can't enter the chapel. So she'll search around for the jewelry box, but she suspects it's upstairs somewhere or in another buried room.
[Japaraita]

Yes, the chapel and treasure room are pretty much inaccessible to them. As she searches around, it pretty quickly becomes apparent that the only bedrooms on this floor or in the basements would be for soldiers or servants. And none of them have anything even similar to the quality of the jewelry box's key.

However! Looking around bedrooms, she'll find small random trinkets and other objects here and there. Nothing that stands out, but instead a few cheap rings or necklaces or coins.

June catches up with Sekhmet. "Anything?" she asks.

"Well, anyway, I got thinking. You didn't really get the chance to get the full mermaid experience," June says. "Just swimming around inside, and all." Most of the ocean isn't inside cramped hallways or spacious rooms, after all."[/color]

She gestures towards a window out of the building. "So how about we head out, and just hang out in the wider lake? Y'know, open spaces, bask on rocks, pretend there's sailors around so we can lure them with our singing, gossip about kids, the usual."

It's afternoon, though it's nearing the late afternoon time period, so there's still a little time to just do whatever.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

The wheel grinds and turns, the door sinking down to open the route beyond. A short path leads to an octagonal gazebo, a dome held up by spiralling columns. The floor slopes gently down into a bowl, and there is nothing but mist and sunlight visible. In the centre of the gazebo is a very large purple-grey slug, a fin running down its back and its head marked with a large mouth and a cluster of tentacles. The catacomb slug rears up as the door opens, and slithers- quite slowly, but very menacingly- forward.

Little Sattleborough

It's quite a large village that the Dullahan-driven carriage of Jubilee approaches. Most of the houses are built in two clusters- the oldest around the crossroads at the old heart of the village, neighbouring a large pub, with a cluster of newer houses- most only a handful of years old, and two still being built- nearer the Riftline station. It is, however, to neither of those that Jubilee and Samantha are bound; instead, they're going up a hill just outside the village, where a tower stands. The round stone tower is five storeys tall, and rather narrow. Its crenelated battlements are still present, but have been used to support an additional structure, a crude-looking wooden building topped with ragged blue tarpaulin taking up the space. A brick house has been built at the base of the tower, around the front entrance, a notably newer than the tower itself- though still old. Samantha will confirm this is her parent's house, though she'll add the shack atop the tower is new. Despite being 'new', the extension is clearly worn, moss growing over the planks and the tarpaulin flapping in the wind.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Zebes screams and dives into Jace's hood, shivering.
"I have no quarrel with you, guardian." Jace tells the slug loudly. But if it does not stop immediately he brings his energy to bear, eyes flashing bright blue as he brings a single finger forward that fires a bolt of lightning at the slug.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"I wouldn't mind swimming out in the open and, uh, doing a little sunbathing, but I'll pass on seducing passersby." Sekhmet could do that. She'd be very good at it. Too good. She doesn't want to use her succubosity like that. She saves it for her husband.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 09, 2023 5:18 pm Little Sattleborough

It's quite a large village that the Dullahan-driven carriage of Jubilee approaches. Most of the houses are built in two clusters- the oldest around the crossroads at the old heart of the village, neighbouring a large pub, with a cluster of newer houses- most only a handful of years old, and two still being built- nearer the Riftline station. It is, however, to neither of those that Jubilee and Samantha are bound; instead, they're going up a hill just outside the village, where a tower stands. The round stone tower is five storeys tall, and rather narrow. Its crenelated battlements are still present, but have been used to support an additional structure, a crude-looking wooden building topped with ragged blue tarpaulin taking up the space. A brick house has been built at the base of the tower, around the front entrance, a notably newer than the tower itself- though still old. Samantha will confirm this is her parent's house, though she'll add the shack atop the tower is new. Despite being 'new', the extension is clearly worn, moss growing over the planks and the tarpaulin flapping in the wind.
[Little Sattleborough]

Ugh. What a shabby-looking building. Jubilee's fairly certain the damn thing's not even up to code. She makes a mental note to offer to burn the place to the ground when she leaves; she'd probably be doing Samantha and the rest of the seeing world a favor.

As the carriage starts to approach the tower, Jubilee mutters something behind her that only the driver will hear, and the carriage slows to a more ominous crawl on the path up to the house.

"All right, girl." Jubilee begins, looking across the carriage to her apprentice. "Here's your first practical lesson. I'm going to give us a little smoke for added effect. You're going to pitch in. No pressure if you don't get it right away, obviously. Just focus on the cloud and think of all the ways it could be worse."

As she gives her instructions, Jubilee waves her hand to the side, a thin sheet of smoke rolling out from under the carriage in all directions, spreading to include the area around the tower before it starts rising, lightly blanketing the air in an acrid grey tint.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 09, 2023 8:34 pm Japaraita
"I wouldn't mind swimming out in the open and, uh, doing a little sunbathing, but I'll pass on seducing passersby." Sekhmet could do that. She'd be very good at it. Too good. She doesn't want to use her succubosity like that. She saves it for her husband.
[Japaraita]

"Oh, don't worry," June says, trying to reassure Sekhmet, "We won't actually drown anyone. Besides, I don't think anyone would come by, anyway. Just animals out there." She says that as if the reason why Sekhmet turned it down was because she was worried about any passer-bys.

She swims out the large and broken-open window, and checks abovewater to see if there's anyone. "Just some deer out there."

June swims around in vertical circles, in front of the window. "Well, whatever. I'm pretty off-key and the only songs I know are pretty lame, anyway."

Well,
they can swim around. Unfortunately, there's not really anything super-exciting that can happen out there. Other than, like, getting a suntan or a sunburn or hanging out with deer and fish and doing dolphin-leaps out of the water.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Sekhmet spends some time swimming around the lake then gets up onto a nice flat rock to sunbathe. She has to admit, the sun feels wonderful on her scales. "So, uh, June. You're a mermaid all the time," she wonders, "Why are you on land and not down in the oceans? There's got to be so much down there and it would be a lot easier for you to get around." Unlike Sekhmet, June can't transform her tail into legs whenever she wants. Why go exploring on land and not underwater?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 10, 2023 3:20 am Japaraita
Sekhmet spends some time swimming around the lake then gets up onto a nice flat rock to sunbathe. She has to admit, the sun feels wonderful on her scales. "So, uh, June. You're a mermaid all the time," she wonders, "Why are you on land and not down in the oceans? There's got to be so much down there and it would be a lot easier for you to get around." Unlike Sekhmet, June can't transform her tail into legs whenever she wants. Why go exploring on land and not underwater?
[Japaraita]

June makes sure to sit nearby her the whole time. Once Sekhmet gets up on it, June grabs a reed to hold onto and gets on another spot just nearby to lay at. She rolls onto her side, and answers by singing - off-key and a little out of tune - "I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see - wanna see them dancing." She moves her fins, and continues, "Walking around on those - what do you call them? Oh! Feet."

She bites her lip and lets that verse hang there for a moment, then starts giggling.

June stretches out.
She then holds the reed above her upper lip like it's a moustache. "Kidding. It's just that there's so many more cool things to see up here than down there. Never saw something anywhere near the scale and variety as Skyside down there, for example. And there's just so many things that you just can't get in the water. Like, yeah, boats are nice, but what if I want to ride a train? Lots more options for fashion above water, too, 'cause you don't have to worry about drag and material and stuff."
She closes her eyes.
"Don't get me wrong; there is a lot to explore underwater. It's just that there's also a lot to explore above."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"Oh, I see," Actually Sekhmet doesn't see. There have to be cities and other places just as fantastic as (and probably safer than) Skyside underwater, right? There's so much space down there it would be weird if there wasn't.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Sep 07, 2023 4:53 pm [Riftline]

Nope, Violeta doesn't have anyone worshipping her; my character who he met and has that is more of a deer-centaur lady, not a foxlady. The only person who's called Violeta a god was a gross weird guy who was trying to flirt with her while she was at work.

"For some reason, the trains move slower through some parts of Outside," Violeta says, "and it seems like they were waiting for a train to get to the slower places to chase and board it."

She looks out the window. It's dark out there. "You're right," she says. "Can't do anything about it, so should stop worrying." She takes a deep breath.
"Not that I think you can, but just by chance, can you do anything to end the storm or move the train?" she asks.

Some time passes, since it will take a while for help to arrive.

Meanwhile, a couple of the other passengers start complaining. The aristocratic catpeople start saying they can't believe the unprofessionalism of the trainworkers, letting them get stuck here. In fact, one of them says, they're going to go talk with the train help right now and demand better service, that someone come in here and make it up to them.
[Riftline]

Oh well, I only know so less of them so I barly can remember all.
Zefir stays calm for the time.

"Hmm," he also looks out of the window. "I don't think i can move the train."
Then he looks a bit up. "I might do something with the storm, but nothing permanent. Maybe if someone needs to go outside for important work or so."

He does look at the cat aristocrats direction. His mimic speaks for itself. He is extremly annoyed by their words. Are they just so high or do they plan to rob the train using that event for their advantage?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 10, 2023 5:35 pm Japaraita
"Oh, I see," Actually Sekhmet doesn't see. There have to be cities and other places just as fantastic as (and probably safer than) Skyside underwater, right? There's so much space down there it would be weird if there wasn't.

[Japaraita]

There absolutely are pretty amazing places underwater; it's just that June hasn't been to any of them. Hasn't been anywhere near as big as Skyside, even. Nearly all the undersea towns she's been to have been on the scale of other towns you'd find at Outside. And not really that much going on there.

"Yeah," she says.

She lays out, as if tanning under the sun.

"Although," she suddenly says after thinking about it for a while, "it probably would be easier to find a sea witch or something, closer to the sea."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Zefir wrote: Sep 10, 2023 10:11 pm [Riftline]

Oh well, I only know so less of them so I barly can remember all.
Zefir stays calm for the time.

"Hmm," he also looks out of the window. "I don't think i can move the train."
Then he looks a bit up. "I might do something with the storm, but nothing permanent. Maybe if someone needs to go outside for important work or so."

He does look at the cat aristocrats direction. His mimic speaks for itself. He is extremly annoyed by their words. Are they just so high or do they plan to rob the train using that event for their advantage?
[Riftline]

Violeta looks in the same directions as Zefir.

She doesn't know what to think of his statement (boast?) that he could do something temporary with the storm. Honestly, she can believe it, that there's someone who could alter the weather like that.

"Huh. What would you be able to do with the storm, anyway?" she asks.

One of the cat aristocrats gets up, and leaves the train car into the next one forward, heading forward to look for someone in charge.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Riftline]

His attention turns back to Violeta.

"It's a bit hard to describe, but maybe it is easier to show you what I mean." he says.

Then he puts a finger against the window and concentrates for a bit. Soon the water where his finger is stops flowing down. Then he draws a circle on the glass which will show as a waterring outside. Even thought the storm won't stop, no raindrop enters the circle he drew. He keeps that for a few moments so Violeta has a good look at it, then he removes his finger and the waterring flows down as expected.

"Something like that. It's extremly exhausting the more water there is so I can't do it forever."

His hand wanders to the marble piece, not in a needed action. After all that item is one of those 'objects'. When he notice it he immediatly turns it to scrathing his neck.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire for Blue

The slug doesn't respond to Jace's call, instead the foot rippling as it approaches, the tendrils waving as it starts to scream. The lightning strike hits, and the monstrous mollusc shudders slightly before retching up an orb of phlegm that it projects towards Jace's face. The lightning did hurt it; quite badly, even. It just wasn't enough to kill it, and so made it angrier.

Little Sattleborough

Both the stone tower and the brick house part of the construction look to have stood a long while; four or five hundred years for the tower, and a century or so for the brick. The wood and tarpaulin extension is probably decades old, and won't last much longer without serious work.

Samantha nods and concentrates, thinking of how it could be worse. One thing that's going to occur as a result is the cloud gains a noxious whiff of tobacco, as Samantha really dislikes the smell. Might make it a little less intimidating, though, if the tower's occupants think it's caused by Jubilee's hundred-a-day habit.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Jace hits the deck, the very gross orb of nastiness whizzing over him as he painfully drops to the hard floor. He reaches down and pulls out a device he received from another Earl dungeon a long time ago: a compact revolver. Pointing it at the slug he fires three times. Each bullet becomes a magic missile of pure force as it exits the barrel, striking with force probably of similar to the regular bullet but with more accuracy.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"I'd think so. I can't imagine sea witches want to live inland," Sekhmet replies. She dips her tail fins into the water. "It's, uh, kind of strange, not having feet. I'm used to feeling the water between my toes."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Sep 11, 2023 5:31 pm Japaraita
"I'd think so. I can't imagine sea witches want to live inland," Sekhmet replies. She dips her tail fins into the water. "It's, uh, kind of strange, not having feet. I'm used to feeling the water between my toes."
[Japaraita]

June rolls over, to get sun on her back. "Don't worry, if you miss it you can just pretend your fingers are toes and stick them in the water," she says. She demonstrates by placing the tips of her fingers in the water. Or, alternatively, Sekhmet could just shapeshift herself into having legs again, but that's not as fun. "But, I get you. It felt pretty weird walking earlier, too."

Actually, on that note, June starts imagining how convenient it would be for herself being able to transform her own legs. Like in those stories where mermaids get legs whenever they dry off. Actually, she then starts wondering if it's some kind of magic skill tree sort of thing that she has to unlock first and then train. But...well, first she'd have to learn it from a sea witch, probably. Or something like that. She's not really sure. "By chance, you wouldn't happen to know a sea witch, would you?" she asks, since it's worth a shot. "Being able to learn mermaid magic from her to get legs whenever I want would be pretty convenient.."
She puts her head in her arms and turns her head to look at Sekhmet.
"Y'know, being able to change yourself whenever you want is a pretty neat power. I'd say I'm jealous, but then I'd have to admit I'm jealous first."

Zefir wrote: Sep 11, 2023 10:35 am [Riftline]

His attention turns back to Violeta.

"It's a bit hard to describe, but maybe it is easier to show you what I mean." he says.

Then he puts a finger against the window and concentrates for a bit. Soon the water where his finger is stops flowing down. Then he draws a circle on the glass which will show as a waterring outside. Even thought the storm won't stop, no raindrop enters the circle he drew. He keeps that for a few moments so Violeta has a good look at it, then he removes his finger and the waterring flows down as expected.

"Something like that. It's extremly exhausting the more water there is so I can't do it forever."

His hand wanders to the marble piece, not in a needed action. After all that item is one of those 'objects'. When he notice it he immediatly turns it to scrathing his neck.
[Riftline]

Violeta's eyes go wide. "Wow. That's actually really impressive." And...honestly, she thinks, it probably has a lot of creative uses. Like, if it can stop water from flowing. . .

The foxgirl stops her thought process before she starts imagining how easily he could probably just stop someone's blood from flowing, just by touching their neck. That's a pretty scary power.

"It seems like it could have a lot of uses," she says, to keep the conversation moving, so she doesn't think about how this guy who was sitting right next to her and she didn't notice it could easily make someone's blood stop flowing to their head and yet...well, she concludes he must be a nice guy since he hasn't done that.

Her eyes drift down to his marble piece.
She once again starts wondering what it signifies.

Then!
The aristocrat-cat comes back in, looking pretty haughty and proud of himself. He moves in and sits down.
Shortly behind him is a Riftline employee, looking both panicked and also looking subdued, feeling like there's more important things he can be doing right now than trying to pacify a snobbish catperson. And yet, he's still here.

He goes up to the catpeople, and bows. "I-I'm sorry, I apologize, we're doing the best we can. If there's anything we can do to -"
He gets cut off, because he just got smacked by a rich catperson across the cheek, and then the other aristocats start laughing.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 21, 2023 10:48 pm [Well Training]

Ambrosia raises an eyebrow at Thariza's answer. She knew that the charr had a martial culture but had she actually waged war her entire life? "War hurts the soul as much as it hurts the body, Thariza. There's only one kind of culture that I know of that needs constant warfare to survive. The empire. I know that since I'm from one. I sincerely hope that your people aren't anything like it considering the sheer atrocities I've seen committed in its name."
Morty wrote: Aug 22, 2023 5:23 pm [Well Training]

"We aren't now. But in the past..." Thariza sighs. "I've told you about Ascalon. How they... we... burned it to the ground. And how the human sorcerer-king cursed his own people just do deny us his capital. Then there's Ebonhawke... the last remaining human city in Ascalon. Generations of Charr couldn't take it, breaking and dying against its walls. Now the Imperators and the human queen are meeting there to make a peace treaty. Or they were when I left. I hope it worked."
[Well Training]

"If they're working on it, that's the first step. There'll probably be assholes unwilling to see reason, but heads of state tend to be pragmatic in general; they're the ones that see the costs and realize they're wasting resources," It sounds like Emily is trying to convince herself with that argument. Her tone doesn't speak to a great deal of confidence in what she's espousing, but she's trying to be optimistic for Thariza's sake.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Orb of Oujet
Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 21, 2023 10:48 pmOrb of Oujet

"I'm back with the thingy!" She declares as she shifts back into her humanoid form, holding up the orb proudly. "And- hey, did you find a new sword while I was away? Cool!"
Rebonack wrote: Aug 22, 2023 12:52 amHolding that sword, Laz will really be able to feel her heart thumping and her blood flowing. For most people that might just be a little exhilarating. Like her body is on FIRE with chaotic roaring energy just without the really unpleasant actually being on fire part. But since she's undead that sudden internal movement might be a shock.

When Anika shows up with the orb Laz will probably notice that she can feel Anika's blood, too, as though the hilt of Tiamat's Tooth were beating in tune with the elf's heart.

Also she knows that this thing is Tiamat's Tooth. Maybe that was the name of the squidbus? No... that doesn't feel quite right.

Anika, on the other hand, can feel the raw untamed power of the orb! It feels like holding a lightning bolt! This must be how shamans feel when they're zapping people.
"Yeah, I guess so!" Laz answers, confusedly looking at Anika like there's something on the elf's face. Has her blood always been like that, so readily apparent and pulsing in her veins? That's so weird and annoying; she hopes she can learn to tune that out and won't have to put her sword away every time she has to talk to someone. Likewise goes for her own blood and heart, pounding in her chest and needlessly circulating blood through an undead body that doesn't really need to flow like that.

"Its name is Tiamat's Tooth...I think. I don't know how I know that. Tiamat is that one dragon goddess with the five heads, right?" she raises an eyebrow at her new sword. It doesn't really look like a goddess's tooth, but maybe the name is more figurative than literal, or the tooth magically transformed into a sword after falling out of the big dragon deity's mouth. It certainly has the magical energy to be a divine tooth, but do dragons normally care about blood the way this sword does? Isn't that really more of a vampire kind of thing?

"...Anyway, we're done here now, right? Mission accomplished, the day is saved, time to go home and put the orb in the special storage box full of world-threatening artifacts that Vigil definitely has?" Saint Lazarus asks, hoping Anika has a better idea on how to proceed from here than the zombie does. That might be incredibly foolish and overly optimistic of her, though. I mean, when was the last time Anika had a better idea?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Riftline]

"Yes it does." It's funny how close she is to the way he is using it when it comes to a fight. not that you can use it in a good flow, but just imagine someone grabs you and suddendly his hands get numb and he can't keep that grab.

"Sadly it only works good with water. Other fluids without water are uncontrollable." he is lying, but he knows the truth is kinda scary and he doesn't want to scare her. Yes he is bad at flirting so she might not even noticed it.

He then stands up as he hears the commotion. "Excuse me."

He goes over to the scene and grabs the employee to pull him away from the cats.
"Get back to your work, I handle this." Zefir is not working for them but you know civil courage and maybe some plus points with the lady?
"Whats your problem?" he asks the aristocats in a grumpy voice.
Just to note should they try to slap him, they are up for a suprise.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

A Desire For Blue

The slug's flesh ripples as it takes hits from the magical pistol and it shrieks before it bursts into a shower of grey ooze and purple blood. Amongst the goo that has splattered across the gazebo as a result of the catacomb slug's demise, however, some small things catch the light and sparkle. There's a green spinel pendant on a silver chain, a malachite ring and a few shards of bone.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

”I hate slugs. I hate slugs. I hate slugs.”
Jace gags but makes his way to the pile of goo and with a little prestidigitation cleans up the little shinies (not the bone shards) enough to pick them up. He gives them a quick look through his magic sight. Then it’s probably over to look over the gazebo for how to progress since there didn’t appear to be another door.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
"That's not really the same," Sekhmet says. She pulls her tail back up onto the rock and runs her hand along the center of it, where her legs would split if she still had them. It's a strange feeling made stranger by the way her magic has adapted her to this form; she knows she should feel strange, but it feels mostly normal. "I could get used to this. My home is by the sea." She has ample opportunity to go swimming as a mermaid whenever she wants.
But despite the location of her home, she doesn't know anything about sea witches. "I, uh, can't say I do. But how would I know if someone's a sea witch?"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Zefir wrote: Sep 12, 2023 9:43 am [Riftline]

"Yes it does." It's funny how close she is to the way he is using it when it comes to a fight. not that you can use it in a good flow, but just imagine someone grabs you and suddendly his hands get numb and he can't keep that grab.

"Sadly it only works good with water. Other fluids without water are uncontrollable." he is lying, but he knows the truth is kinda scary and he doesn't want to scare her. Yes he is bad at flirting so she might not even noticed it.

He then stands up as he hears the commotion. "Excuse me."

He goes over to the scene and grabs the employee to pull him away from the cats.
"Get back to your work, I handle this." Zefir is not working for them but you know civil courage and maybe some plus points with the lady?
"Whats your problem?" he asks the aristocats in a grumpy voice.
Just to note should they try to slap him, they are up for a suprise.
[Riftline]

Actually, Violeta does find that pretty impressive and a positive. Stopping some dumb aristocrats from abusing a poor blue collar worker? Violeta can actually relate with all the times she wanted to do something like that while she was working as a masseuse.

Plus, he did say that his magic stopping-water only works well with water. That is impressive, too. (But, no, she has absolutely no idea that he even tried flirting.)

Anyway. The train worker nods, and gets out of there. He really does have something more important to do than entertaining rich customers, like checking the weather-tracking instruments to make sure the situation doesn't get any worse.
The aristocrat cats laughs at Zefir, and then makes himself look offended. "What's my problem? Isn't it obvious? I deserve better treatment," he says. Unfortunately, he does try to slap Zefir's cheek: "And this makes me feel better."

Also, unfortunately! While Zefir goes to to confront the rude catpeople, the cloaked stalker guy takes advantage of the opportunity to move towards Violeta. He moves to the seat just behind Violeta's seat, pushing away the person who was previously sitting there.

bc56 wrote: Sep 12, 2023 1:08 pm Japaraita
"That's not really the same," Sekhmet says. She pulls her tail back up onto the rock and runs her hand along the center of it, where her legs would split if she still had them. It's a strange feeling made stranger by the way her magic has adapted her to this form; she knows she should feel strange, but it feels mostly normal. "I could get used to this. My home is by the sea." She has ample opportunity to go swimming as a mermaid whenever she wants.
But despite the location of her home, she doesn't know anything about sea witches. "I, uh, can't say I do. But how would I know if someone's a sea witch?"
[Japaraita]

June laughs: "Yeah, it really isn't the same, is it?" she says.

She looks at Sekhmet. "Comparing it to sometimes not having wings would probably be a better comparison,"
She stretches.
"Y'know, a beach house does sound pretty fun."

The mermaid lies there, feeling the warmth of the sun on her back..."Actually, wait," she suddenly says. "I actually burn a lot easier than I tan. I probably should get back under the water before it's too late." She doesn't make any attempt to move, though. "Well, whatever. Sea witches. I don't actually know, I've never personally met a sea witch. Ummm....I think the best way to find out would just be to ask?" she suggests.

Then, corrects herself, by saying, "No, wait, asking literally everyone if they're a sea witch or not would probably be a bad idea, in case you meet someone who doesn't like sea witches. Maybe just asking if they can do magic and then go on from there, then if it seems promising then ask them more related questions. Yeah, that sounds like it'd work."

June runs her hands through her hair, and shakes her head: "Ugh, now I'm torn. Kinda want to go back to the sea to see if I can find a sea witch, but also I promised someone I'd check out Inside soon to see what it's like. But if I do find a sea witch, that'd make visiting Inside easier, but...I dunno. It's a hard decision."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Sep 13, 2023 2:28 am [Riftline]

Actually, Violeta does find that pretty impressive and a positive. Stopping some dumb aristocrats from abusing a poor blue collar worker? Violeta can actually relate with all the times she wanted to do something like that while she was working as a masseuse.

Plus, he did say that his magic stopping-water only works well with water. That is impressive, too. (But, no, she has absolutely no idea that he even tried flirting.)

Anyway. The train worker nods, and gets out of there. He really does have something more important to do than entertaining rich customers, like checking the weather-tracking instruments to make sure the situation doesn't get any worse.
The aristocrat cats laughs at Zefir, and then makes himself look offended. "What's my problem? Isn't it obvious? I deserve better treatment," he says. Unfortunately, he does try to slap Zefir's cheek: "And this makes me feel better."

Also, unfortunately! While Zefir goes to to confront the rude catpeople, the cloaked stalker guy takes advantage of the opportunity to move towards Violeta. He moves to the seat just behind Violeta's seat, pushing away the person who was previously sitting there.
[Riftline]

Todays the day of unfortunate events it seems. He rolled a nat 1 on flirting, An aristocat is trying to hit him and the caped man he didn't noticed befor moved.
So first of other then the employee he is a trained fighter for close combat and in addition he expected this. So he immediatly rise one arm to block the slaping attemp. After it is stoped he immediatly grabs the hand and turns it around, i think thats called the police grab.
"Deserve it for what?" he replies. "I take a wild guess. Your ancestor made some Money or impressed a king and got a title and you sit on that because you achived nothing in your life so far. Kinda close aren't I?"
He releases the aristocrat. After all he doesn't want to hurt them, just get them off their behaviour.