Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Sep 08, 2023 2:52 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

"N-no, I really don't -" Ana protests, clearly looking a little green in the gills. She weakly tries to bat his hand away and swing her legs over in an attempt to stand, then misjudges her momentum and grabs onto Eliseo to right herself. "Ugh- oh gods -" The two of them might have to act fast. Fortunately, there is a bathroom through a closed door near the bed, and a wastebin closer by.
Gullara wrote: Sep 10, 2023 5:28 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

"Uh, oh shit!" Eliseo was a little slow on the uptake, but now that he knows she's actually throwing up, he acts fast. The boy's well familiar with the layout of the place, and it's not even worth it trying to get to the bathroom. He pops off the bed, snatches up the wastebin, and puts it in her lap.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede seemed a little impressed by how quick Eliseo was. She had started to get up to move to the door, but that was no longer necessary it seemed. So she did what any good friend would do! This wasn't her first rodeo, she'd seen how messy things could get. So she darted to Ana's side. "Here, need me to hold your hair back for you?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.

Tags:
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede’s suggestion takes a moment to process, but it does earn a reaction when she does manage. She looks back up, face flushing a little. “W-wait, um-“

And then, before Ana can even answer, the awful feeling in her stomach surges to the fore. Atsede will have to act fast in order to pull her hair entirely out of the way before she lurches forward and lets out a ghastly retching sound as the contents of their evening come pouring out. Sweating, she cradles the basket, her chest rising and falling - then starts to speak, only to duck down with another awful Bleaghhh!

”I… I dun’ think… I dun’ think I like drinking anymore,” Ana finally gasps after a long, silent moment.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Reinholdt wrote: Sep 12, 2023 6:22 am [The Road to Hell]

Ilpholin almost laughs as she blocks the decapitation with her hair. It was bitterly amusing. A strange catharsis rolling over her as the choker around her neck seems to tighten for a brief moment. A flicker of fear may reflect in her eyes even. All sorts of conflicting and sudden emotions she's not prepared to deal with.

Properly burying those feelings, Ilpholin uses one of the spears as a crutch slightly to push herself to one side, giving her a clear angle as Kraujo begins to retreat. The first time he's given her breathing room since his intense and aggressive engagement, unrelenting in its fury.

"Me?" Ilpholin asks, finding the question mildly curious as her hands revert to normal and she pulls a silver dagger out of her boot. "I'm the Devils' Last Mistake." She flips the dagger once in her hand and then flings it. The edged weapon whistles, traveling terrifyingly fast. Fortunately it's not aimed at Kraujo himself, though it would be understandable if he defended himself anyways just in case. Rather, the dagger is trying to catch the Bowler Hat itself. Ilpholin doesn't know if a dagger can damage or even puncture the magical headwear. But knocking it as far away from Kraujo as she can seems a worthwhile endeavor and it's with this goal in mind that Ilpholin acted.
The Road to Hell

Kraujo does indeed dodge to the side as the dagger is thrown, not realizing its true target. The blade flies true, hitting the hat and sending it spinning end over end, widening the gap between it and the demon. The bowler seems none the worse for wear from the impact, but now retreat would leave Kraujo even more vulnerable.

This fact doesn't escape the demon's attention. He hisses, glancing between the hat and Ilpholin, judging the distance. It seems like he's running out of time, as his facial features are starting to slide down his face, his whole form growing steadily more amorphous as blood starts to drip onto the ground with increasing speed. The longer this goes on, the smaller his chances become.

"Next time, will be ready," he gurgles, then raises a hand, sending a barrage of bloody spikes shooting through the air towards Ilpholin. She's proven herself capable of dodging this particular attack, but the idea is to buy a moment of time. The moment they're in the air he collapses onto the ground, becoming an oozelike wave that slithers lightning fast towards the hat, shrinking with every moment as a trail of blood is left behind.

But it's a long way to that hat.

-
Keeper wrote: Sep 12, 2023 5:40 pm Butterfly Park

Oh no now Simon is getting hugged by the big blue dragon again. Hopefully he's willing to accept the hazard of being frequently squeezed as the price of a date with him.
"eee! I mean ahem, well Tex's is a big grill buffet that makes just about everything. I can't really afford anywhere super fancy. But I feel like someplace to get a lot of food might be good. I think with all that length your stomach might even be bigger than mine."
And right over there is the Riftline station!
It is indeed a train station. Just nexus-y. Pretty normal looking to be honest.
Butterfly Park

Simon hugs Rowan back a bit more readily this time, draconic snout resting on his shoulder for a moment. "Sounds great! I love grillhouses, I actually do a mean backyard barbecue myself now and again." He looks down at his long belly, running his claws over the scales. "Yeah, I have no idea what my internal organs are like. I wonder if dragons have appendixes..."

As they approach the train, he looks slightly disappointed. "You know, I was expecting like, a magic train? I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it, huh?"
horses can attack and eat me
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Road to Hell]

Kraujo gets his moment of time, Ilpholin having to block instead of dodge. Her leg seems to be moving better than it was a little bit ago and someone observant can see the flesh where the injury is slowly knitting itself closed. Slowly being the operative word here, unfortunately. She can't quite run after him and her other knife that she may have thrown was melted earlier back in Hell's Bend. Ilpholin still moves after him, just not fast enough to overtake him, her limp just too heavy.

Halfway into the chase, the roaring sound of a hoverbike engine returning may change the dynamic. Now lacking its previous elf rider, the bike seems to be driving itself to pick up its owner. As it nears, the Phyrexian grabs ahold, flinging herself atop the seat without the vehicle slowing down. By the time it gets all the way to Ilpholin, Kraujo will have had too much time indeed. Leaning forward, Ilpholin's hand turns into a lance as she barrels onwards, trying to get to the hat before he makes it. This time to catch it on the tip and keep a hold of it as she takes it away from him. But it honestly may already be too late.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Park

"Well, if your stomach works like everyone else's we'll know. Uh. You might need to stop me on that front from time to time. Bakery dragon means I just can't help myself; pastries are just gonna happen." Rowan has never actually seen what a fat snake looks like but he'd hate to tamper with Simon's health.
"I mean, it's PROBABLY magic? It's always on time and it always has seats open. Which is pretty rare from what people from other worlds have told me."
And the tickets aren't even expensive, as Simon might note as Rowan pays for them.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: Sep 13, 2023 1:10 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede seemed a little impressed by how quick Eliseo was. She had started to get up to move to the door, but that was no longer necessary it seemed. So she did what any good friend would do! This wasn't her first rodeo, she'd seen how messy things could get. So she darted to Ana's side. "Here, need me to hold your hair back for you?"
Arkhosia wrote: Sep 13, 2023 1:53 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede’s suggestion takes a moment to process, but it does earn a reaction when she does manage. She looks back up, face flushing a little. “W-wait, um-“

And then, before Ana can even answer, the awful feeling in her stomach surges to the fore. Atsede will have to act fast in order to pull her hair entirely out of the way before she lurches forward and lets out a ghastly retching sound as the contents of their evening come pouring out. Sweating, she cradles the basket, her chest rising and falling - then starts to speak, only to duck down with another awful Bleaghhh!

”I… I dun’ think… I dun’ think I like drinking anymore,” Ana finally gasps after a long, silent moment.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo cringes when she finally throws up. Not the first time he's been witness to this, probably not the last. "How're you feeling now? Got it out of your system?" He comes in closer and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I recommend pacing yourself next time." He advises, but he's not going to dwell on that.
~Images by Soushiyo
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

The Road to Hell

Kraujo may be just as fast as ever, but he's falling apart, in a literal and figurative sense. By the time he makes it to the hat, he's a fraction of his former size, a foot sized puddle of blood that slithers up around the brim like a snake. But before he can make it inside, Ilpholin's lance strikes home, lifting both bowler and demon into the air.

Clinging on as the wind whistles by, Kraujo hisses wordlessly, and in response the interior of the hat swirls into a portal, through which dim interior light can be seen. It seems his escape is imminent- the only problem is that since the lance is holding the hat up, it could easily be thrust into the portal.

Of course, this poses its own dangers. Could the portal be physically forced open? Or does such an attempt risk being cut in half should it close too soon? Either way, Kraujo doesn't wait to see what Ilpholin does, slithering inside the hat in an instant.
-
Butterfly Park

"I mean, I can't exactly blame you dude, pastries are good. Gonna be a struggle not to turn into a tsuchinoko myself," jokes Simon. He wrinkles his snout at the train. "I guess that is pretty magical, in a subtle way. Also thanks for buying the tickets, I owe you one!" Probably several at this point, but who's counting?

Once on the train, Simon finds a window seat and coils up in an approximation of neat. He peers out of the train, tapping the seat next to him for Rowan. "I always liked looking out the windows of trains and buses. Makes me feel like a main character, you know?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Road to Hell]

Ilpholin tsks as Kraujo slips into the portal. She's not stabbing after him and sticking her arm into a strange hole in the fabric of the universe. With a twist the hovercycle turns towards the side of the road. Much as she'd like to destroy the thing, she doesn't have the resources or time at the moment. And she sure isn't going to take it home where it could turn on at any moment to rain havoc and destruction upon her domicile from within. No, she'll do the proper citizen thing you should do with something like this.

And stuff it down a sewer drain. Flush it and the portal into the fetid running waters of Riverside's run off. Maybe some of the sewage will make it through the portal and finish Kraujo off for her. Ilpholin doubts she'd be so lucky, but it never hurts to imagine a positive outcome.

Once she's found an appropriate grate to dump the hat, Ilpholin will speed back up and return to the Xar'cha estate to meet up with the elves and Mister Squiggles, leaving Kraujo and Alice to their murky fate.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Park/Riftline

"A what?" Rowan has no idea what that word means. Simon also might have misunderstood; Rowan meant that Simon may have to stop Rowan from leaving pastries around where everyone else will be tempted by them. He's already worried about Frank's health.

"Yeah, same. My chances of main character status are over, though. I'm firmly in the 'quirky side character' boat now."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

The Road to Hell

A few moments after Kraujo disappears into the hat, the portal seems to close, leaving the bowler looking like a completely mundane and shabby hat. And there's absolutely nothing stopping it from getting washed into the sewer, disappearing swiftly into the murky waters. No trace is left of the brutal fight except for the excessive bloodstains on the road, rapidly drying in the sun.
-
Butterfly Park

"Oh, a tsuchinoko... how can I explain this without sounding like a tool? It's a kind of yokai, like a spirit, that looks like a really fat snake. They like, leap around," explains Simon, waving his hands vaguely. "But yeah, on my world dragons can pretty much eat anything, even stuff like metal, so I'm assuming I'm the same."

He eyes the metal railing in the train appraisingly, as if deciding whether or not to test this theory. Luckily, he decides against it.

"I dunno dude, the quirky side character is always the one everyone actually cares about. Plus, sometimes they get upgraded to love interest depending on the genre," he muses carelessly.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Park/Riftline

"Well, I can definitely eat almost anything. It's actually a bit of a problem. My sweet tooth has gone through the roof and since it barely matters what I eat I've been eating a ton of sweets. And it works for me but it's not great for everyone I live with, having so much cake in the house."

Rowan breaks eye contact again, looking out the window as his nose starts smoking again.
"W-w-well, I don't think we'd make for a good TV love interest couple. We're already going on a date ten minutes in. Don't most stories drag it out longer?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Butterfly Park

"I mean, you're not forcing anyone to eat cake. Just sounds like a good opportunity for your roommates to build up the power of iron will," says Simon, nodding thoughtfully. "It's conditions like these that create true warriors!" Yeah, that definitely sounds right.

The black dragon raises an eyebrow at Rowan's smoking nose. "Well I didn't say we were a love interest couple," he says, his grin telling another story, "But if we are talking about that hypothetical, there's plenty of slice of life shows that start out with dates. After all, it's not one date and then happily ever after. The future yawns wide with a million possibilities, dude."

He strokes his chin with a claw. "Besides, we both have some serious plot hooks going on. If this was a story, it could even be a combination slice of life/supernatural thriller. Like Durarara!!"
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Sep 13, 2023 1:53 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Gullara wrote: Sep 14, 2023 4:32 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo cringes when she finally throws up. Not the first time he's been witness to this, probably not the last. "How're you feeling now? Got it out of your system?" He comes in closer and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I recommend pacing yourself next time." He advises, but he's not going to dwell on that.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Fortunately, Atsede does indeed act fast, pulling Anastasia's hair back and away from her face. This does, unfortunately, mean she doesn't have time to look away the first time the fox hurls up her stomach's contents. Eugh. Atsede wrinkles her nose, feeling a little sick herself, especially as it happens for the second time.

She pats Ana's back gently. "Well, at least we know your limit now." Hey, it's useful to know!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Park/Riftline

”Well, that’s true. If we were already love interests you’d probably be saying something romantic right now and then my nose would start smoking and the audience would laugh.”
It’s hard to see right in front of him
”That show bothered me. No one talked to each other and said what they were thinking. Which was the point but it was annoying.”
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Riftline

"If there's an audience laughing in the show, that's usually a sitcom, right? I haven't seen a sitcom with dragons but that does sound pretty great." He gestures to Rowan's smoke. "Unrelated, but you're a fire dragon, huh? That's cool. I don't actually know if I have a breath weapon or not, how can you tell without causing collateral damage?" Of course, he's assuming Rowan can do much more than puff out smoke when he's flustered.

"I never actually finished it if I'm being honest, I mostly just liked the setting and thought Izaya was hot." He shrugs. "I always liked extremes, either the edgy bad boy or the sweet soft boy."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Riftline

”Hello, yes. I am the soft boy.” Rowan mutters, poking his middle for effect.

”Um. Yeah I have fire. Ratticus calls me Smoky sometimes. Fire is just kind of…you can feel it in your gut. If I put a little magic into it, the fire comes out cold. First magic I ever did actually. Got my tail from doing it. I guess you really should just find an open area. But can you like, feel anything in your gut?”
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Riftline

Simon listens to Rowan's breath weapon explanation closely, clearly fascinated. "So you can do fire or ice breath? Or like, icy fire? That's literally so cool dude, what the hell." He thinks for a moments. "Wait, you got your tail? So was it like, a gradual transformation for you, certain parts turned before others?"

He brings his stinger tail around and runs the point lightly over his belly scales, creating a faint metallic sound. Simon isn't actually entirely sure where his guts are- studying snake anatomy might give some insight.

"I've never really thought about it, but I guess I kind of feel like... like low level acid reflux, all the time? Kind of like an acrid stinging. I just assumed it was like, IBS or something. But a breath weapon would be way cooler."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Riftline

”I changed as I started using my magic. My first spell was accidentally using cold breath. I got bigger and my feet and tail grew in. Then I made my familiar, Ratticus’ body and something to bind him if he got mad at me. Um. Baking stuff takes a lot of time so the rest of the changes were really slow. Granny put a charm on me so I wouldn’t freak out. It was really shitty but I admit growing into all of this over forty minutes would have been…unpleasant. And I might have tried to stop it and gotten stuck halfway…”
Rowan might be giving Granny too much credit.

”Well, maybe you have acid or toxic breath? Kinda grisly but effective.”
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Eughhh..." Anastasia answers rather articulately with one last dazed and sweaty nod. She sets the basket down with a shaky breath. "Iiiii guess. M-maybe?" Hard to feel stellar after something like that. She wipes a sleeve across her mouth, then slowly becomes more aware that Atsede still has her fingers round her hair. Right. Uh - what should she do? Ask her to let go before something like last time somehow happens? No no, then she might realize something's up. What if she just leaaaaaaans back into it? Right up against Atsede. So soft and warm, pleasant unlike the muggy haze now fading from her forehead.

"Mm, I dun'- dun' have anything on me, right?" The question comes out in that mild, tired distance again, head reclining back into the angel's shoulder. Eyelids flutter closed and the girl takes a few more gentle, regulated breaths to quell any lingering disquiet in her stomach.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Riftline

Simon clicks his tongue sympathetically. "That sounds really rough. Like, actually experiencing the changing. Mine happened while I was blacked out, so I didn't have to deal with any of the, like, puberty." Which is what it sounds like, just a lot more magical. And probably not quite as unpleasant.

He considers the possibility of acid breath. "Ew. Could be kinda cool, but ew. At least with fire you could do useful stuff like light a bonfire, but acid just seems unpleasant." It's not like it's needed for self defense. That's what the teeth and claws are for, right?

"So is all your magic cooking related, or can you do other stuff too?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Riftline

"Ugh. Granny called it puberty too.

And I guess it could be like, green fire like Malificent? You seem to have a green thing going on."
he suggests. Simon probably won't know until he tests it.
"Um. Most of my magic is cooking based? If I'm wearing my apron and I have my staff I have a few more things, like the icy breath I mentioned. People tell me warlocks are famous for being able to shoot lasers? But Granny told me pretty point-blank that my magic is making stuff, not throwing fireballs like a wizard."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: Sep 15, 2023 10:26 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Fortunately, Atsede does indeed act fast, pulling Anastasia's hair back and away from her face. This does, unfortunately, mean she doesn't have time to look away the first time the fox hurls up her stomach's contents. Eugh. Atsede wrinkles her nose, feeling a little sick herself, especially as it happens for the second time.

She pats Ana's back gently. "Well, at least we know your limit now." Hey, it's useful to know!
Arkhosia wrote: Sep 16, 2023 6:35 pm [Youthful Indiscretions]

"Eughhh..." Anastasia answers rather articulately with one last dazed and sweaty nod. She sets the basket down with a shaky breath. "Iiiii guess. M-maybe?" Hard to feel stellar after something like that. She wipes a sleeve across her mouth, then slowly becomes more aware that Atsede still has her fingers round her hair. Right. Uh - what should she do? Ask her to let go before something like last time somehow happens? No no, then she might realize something's up. What if she just leaaaaaaans back into it? Right up against Atsede. So soft and warm, pleasant unlike the muggy haze now fading from her forehead.

"Mm, I dun'- dun' have anything on me, right?" The question comes out in that mild, tired distance again, head reclining back into the angel's shoulder. Eyelids flutter closed and the girl takes a few more gentle, regulated breaths to quell any lingering disquiet in her stomach.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo shuffles the basket a little ways away. It's not very pleasant, but he's not going to totally take it away until he's sure Ana is stable. He refocuses on the pair, and has to stifle a smirk. Given the context of the conversation they just had, he wonders what's going through Atsede's mind right now.
~Images by Soushiyo
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Riftline

Simon snorts in amusement. "I mean, puberty sounds pretty accurate. Twice is enough, as far as I'm concerned."

At the mention of Maleficent, he grins widely. "That would be pretty sick. And I'm almost the same colors as she was too, if I just had a little purple. Guess I'll have to find a safe testing place sometime."

"Also, your magic sounds better than the usual warlock stuff. Any mage can toss a fireball, destroying stuff is like, the most boring thing to do with magic. Creating good things is a lot more interesting, and I'm not just saying that either."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Xar'cha Estate - First Floor]

Ilpholin's loud motorcycle sounding hovercycle clears a path through the encamped Phyrexians as she returns, driving slow as the elves come in behind her and Mecha-Squiggles stomps up the rear. Once inside, she directs the elves to the lower levels along with Squiggles, letting them go through the base's various chokepoints before her and making sure neither of the factions starts anything with the other. Only when most of the elves have proceeded ahead does Ilpholin fold her hoverbike up into a sphere, collect it, and slide it down her cleavage for safekeeping.
► SHOW SPOILER
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

Fettina will touch down here in a flash of glitz and chrome. She closes her wings behind her carefully and looks around, never having been at the MERC detachment for Riverside before. Then she heads inside to look for Dena.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

quillpleasant wrote: Sep 18, 2023 4:48 am Riftline

Simon snorts in amusement. "I mean, puberty sounds pretty accurate. Twice is enough, as far as I'm concerned."

At the mention of Maleficent, he grins widely. "That would be pretty sick. And I'm almost the same colors as she was too, if I just had a little purple. Guess I'll have to find a safe testing place sometime."

"Also, your magic sounds better than the usual warlock stuff. Any mage can toss a fireball, destroying stuff is like, the most boring thing to do with magic. Creating good things is a lot more interesting, and I'm not just saying that either."
Riftline

"Well, yeah. It's just....like..."
Rowan's eyes sink to the floor, and he sadly flicks at the fins at the end of his tail as he holds it in his claws.
"When I was a kid I always wanted to be a big hero wizard, you know? Do cool magic things, go on adventures, real main character stuff. And now I've been given a very particular power set that makes me really, really effective...at being the support character who packs people lunches that are helpful, but never does the hero stuff himself. You know? And I know that makes me sound really entitled because I have friggin magic."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Riftline

Simon listens in sympathy to Rowan's tale of woe. He reaches out a claw to give the baker a reassuring shoulder squeeze. "Yeah, that's... that's really rough dude, I'm sorry. Definitely doesn't make you sound entitled."

He thinks for a second. "But you know, you can still do all that stuff, right? Like, having baking magic doesn't stop you from going on adventures. You're still a dragon, you can fly, and breathe ice, and all that is already a lot more than most human adventurers."

His stinger taps the window. "All I'm saying is, the world is full of adventure of all kinds, and I don't think you have to give up on that just because of the kind of magic you got."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Riftline

"Well, yeah. But I'm also slow and the size of a horse, which are notoriously not great at fitting inside dungeons. And um. I'm not sure I'd be any more useful in a fight than you, really. I just took a few self defense classes in high school." He sighs, putting his hands on his knees.
"It's like doing this sort of thing requires work, exercise, and practice and I can't just slide into it because I want to."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Sep 16, 2023 6:35 pm
► SHOW SPOILER
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Gullara wrote: Sep 18, 2023 3:01 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo shuffles the basket a little ways away. It's not very pleasant, but he's not going to totally take it away until he's sure Ana is stable. He refocuses on the pair, and has to stifle a smirk. Given the context of the conversation they just had, he wonders what's going through Atsede's mind right now.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

There. Well, Anastasia didn't exactly sound like she was doing much better, but at least it seemed like she probably wasn't going to throw up again. Atsede lets Eliseo handle the wastebin, 'cus its gross.

It hadn't even really registered with her that she was still holding Ana's hair until the girl leaned into her, causing Atsede to momentarily freeze. Oh. Uhhhhh. Hmm! This was new. Well, not really to Atsede, but new when it involved Strawberry. Not that she exactly minded, this felt incredibly cute and cosy in a way she didn't like thinking about but- how much was Eliseo chill with!? He wasn't making any comments, but oh my gods, she still had no idea if his jokes about finishing the list and taking her on a date were just to fuck with her or not. She very gently lowered her hands, running them down Ana's hair before softly letting go. "Uh, yeah, you're fine- I think." Atsede hopes so at least. She has more pressing matters to worry about though, silently mouthing at Eliseo, "Is this okay!? What do I do!?"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Phew. That's... that's good," Ana mutters. She continues to regulate her breathing, gentle and steady, but one could swear at least one of those sounded more like a sigh than anything else as Atsede's fingers glide down her hair. Any of Atsede's anxieties about what counts as crossing a line (or worse, some esoteric form of infidelity) are clearly not as high on Ana's mind considering how she snuggles up even further. "Mmn... cozy...." Not yet back asleep, but clearly getting there soon.
~Welcome to Night Vale