Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Home

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Sekhmet has her own son, only a bit older than ours. She knows the drill." Sophie smiles as well as Nicholas rubs his head against Sekhmet's hand. He's an old and grumpy cat but still loves pets. "Once these two have settled down we can talk about Sekhmet's problem and how we can help."
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"Don't, uh, worry about me," Sekhmet agrees with Sophie, "I'll, uh, just sit tight until things have, uh, calmed down." Sekhmet will move into the room and find somewhere to sit, well aware that she'll probably have a giant wolf on her lap in a moment.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

She predicts correctly; there is indeed a very large wolf that sits next to her, and proceeds to lay his enormous head in her lap, clearly looking for pets.

It'll take a moment longer for Trick to calm the boys down with her little light show, at which point they're awake but looking reasonably happy. Pretty things clearly make everything better.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Nicholas perches on Szarn's head, as he seems to like doing. This way he can survey his domain efficiently.

"There, everyone's in a good mood now, aren't they?" Sophie smiles down at Janos. "I hope our boys can play with little Aethelred when they're all a little older."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"That would be nice," Sekhmet agrees. She's happy to pet both the wolf and the cat some more.
"Uh, Trick. How much has Sophie told you about my, uh, condition?" Sekhmet finally asks.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"I respect contracts, even nonverbal ones, so I haven't pried," Trick explains as she goes to sit down near Sekhmet, even as she puts Bertin on her lap, "Figured if you wanted to tell me what the deal is, you could do it yourself. So... basically nothing, at the moment, but I'm always willing to help."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Yes, I've only told her that you have a problem she might be able to help with." Sophie sits down next to Trick and leans her head against her shoulder. She's a lot more physically affectionate with her than Sekhmet might expect. "She should hear it from your first and I'll chime in as needed."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"I, uh, okay. I have, uh, a sort of condition," she just said that. How does she even describe this? "I have, uh, other personalities. I need, uh, something to help me remember what I do when they're in control. Otherwise it's, uh, like being drunk, it's blurry."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Trick considers that, "What's the nature of these other personalities?" she prompts, resting Bertin against her chest as the little boy grabs at her hair. Her tail snakes around Sophie's waist, holding the other woman close, "Are they a result of a curse, or more, ah, natural causes? I can certainly manage this, but I need to know the source for this; I've met people from the Far Realm before that have had their very reality break and split apart, so I know quite well that there's a number of ways this sort of thing can happen?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"I spoke to them," Sophie says, in an attempt to help Sekhmet carry own with her own explanation. "They're... facets of her. All parts of her personality, but more compartmentalized than is usual. Sekhmet brought out one of them to talk to me and then I was able to address all of them at once in a mindscape of sorts."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"The, uh, problem is, any solution needs to be compatible with my, uh, unusual biology." Medicines for humans don't reliably work on Sekhmet. She's not nearly as human as she looks (and she doesn't look all that human anyway).
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"None of that answers my question, though," Trick says, clearly restraining a sigh, "Yes, they're aspects of you, but how did they come about? Was it trauma? Was it a curse? Was it a visit to the ends of reality? I need to know the cause to understand the structure of the enchantment I'll put together."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie smiles slightly as she leans into Trick. But she doesn't want to tell Sekhmet's story for her.

"You can trust her like you trust me, Sekmet," she instead says encouragingly.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"Nothing happened, it's just in my nature," Sekhmet replies. "I have different Names that, uh, manage different parts of my, uh, being. When one of them rises into control, uh, the rest of me becomes somewhat, uh, unaware."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"I can't fix it, then, if it's just part of who you are. but I can give you something that'll give you perfect recall while you're wearing it. The one trick is that it'll replace any dreams you have with memories, and not necessarily good ones," memory charms are always an odd experience, "It should let you recall everything that's happened, regardless of whom is at the forefront of your mind."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"That might work, if used at the right time," Sophie ventures. "For one thing it would help you recall our therapy sessions regardless of who was behind the wheel at the time."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"I, uh..." Sophie should know about Sekhmet's nightmares, and that they're already heavily derived from her memories. "Right. You're, uh, sure that you can make something that will work with my, uh..." she gestures vaguely at her entire body. She's no mere mortal, but a demon queen. Things are very different for her than for everyone else.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Trick nods, "If Sophie's therapy works on you, your mind should be human enough for it to work. The main thing would be if you tried to overpower the enchantment, and while I've got a way around that, it could lead to a bad feedback loop."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Sep 08, 2023 1:52 pm Disasters

Jim can't help but consider the implications of that. Does Jaahlyn look like a more usual satyr but female despite being Baphoreth's successor because she became a fey when the current satyr look was more popular? Or did it have to do with the expectations of mortal-Jaahlyn and the fey at the time? Ah, it feels good to be able to think straight. Strange that because of the curse he can think more like himself in a dream.

Regardless, giant naked goat-person is a little distracting but Jim isn't exactly one to judge someone for not liking pants.
"Hello. Jaahlyn said you wanted to speak to me face-to-face?" he asks.
Disasters

"Yes, but this dream space have to do for now." Baphoreth remarks in their deep , though their mouth is unmoving.
"I'm sure we will meet in the waking world soon." The fey puts their hands together and leans in towards Jim.
"I do always want to meet our lovers at least once and this is at least a good opportunity to do so."

Baphoreth turn their palms towards him. "But before we start this I feel like you should know. With or without my help your current situation will be resolved. Not taking this path will lead you down another. So my question for you is, knowing that do you still wish for me to aid you?"

"You should probably explain what your help actually entail first." Jaahlyn points out as she crosses her hands over her chest. "Since not even I'm sure how you would help him."

Baphoreth folds their fingers together as they glance at the satyr. "It would entail a change in perceptions." Their goat-eyes turn back to Jim. "Since the body and the mind are one. Therefore, changing one would change the other. Changing your perceptions would change the curse." Baphoreth holds raises their right arm and holds it out as if offering Jim something. "Or at least that's one possibility." They hold out their second hand to their other side, offering him something else. "The other one involves finding the source of the curse and changing it. But that's a bit more difficult of course."

Then a third hand appears out of Baphoreth's chest and reaches for Jim. "Or I can take the curse for you."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Sep 12, 2023 4:16 am [Urgent Call]

When Irena arrives, Eliseo is sitting in the passenger seat typing something on his phone.

Kitsuki says Ana ran off and she doesn't know where she is. If you see her call me.

Eliseo sends the message off to Atsede and looks up. There's the slightest hesitation in his mind, given he's giving up a private hangout spot, but he quells that almost immediately. "There's a place we hang out. I'll tell you which way to go."
[Urgent Call]

"Okay, let's head out." And so Irena and the Kid sets off to find the secret hang out spot.
Irena really wasn't interested in where he hang out so she isn't going to follow him around once they're there.
However...

"If you find something there I want you to tell me, alright? If you're going to run off following some lead I want you to at least send me a text first. We're going to have a much better chance finding Ana if we work together."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Disasters

"I mean, can you even take the curse? I don't know if it's like...an active thing on me." Jim asks. It's hard to put into words and he's no expert on fey magic.
"But you're saying that you could make me remember I'm not a cow so I wouldn't be? Or we could just find the fey that did it and slap her around?"

Jim leans back a little bit as the third hand materializes in his direction.
"But...you're part of Jaahlyn. If you took it wouldn't it just hit her?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Disasters

"It brings you suffering. That's all I need." Baphoreth claims. "And while we're on that topic let me answer the next question you're going to ask about it. Since yes, it would hit her. Yet it probably wouldn't be as devastating to her as it would be to you."

Jaahlyn is looking skeptical but it might be for just about anything or everything that the entity have just said.
For his second question Baphoreth let's their two standard hands sway up and down as if weighting something. "Both options have complications though I cannot say what. Not without potentially ruining that possibility."

And his third question is completely invalidated. Huh.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Disasters

Jim folds his arms, shaking his head.
"I'm not making my mistake Jaahlyn's problem even if it's only half as strong." She doesn't deserve to spend time as some chubby cow any more than he does.

"I'm willing to trust you on these. I understand there are risks, and that I can fix this elsewhere. But I don't know how long that will take. I don't know how much it will cost. And if I go outside tomorrow with that stupid look and hear one milk joke I will scream." Jim does not want to be a dairy joke!
"But to be clear...the first option would just be affecting me, right? And the second would be going after that woku? I...don't want to turn this into some feud. Then I'll just spend the rest of my life involved in more fey politics."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

This is going well so far... but there are still some potential unresolved complications. It won't help much if she can help with Sekhmet's personalities if she's haunted by her memories even more.

"How would the memories work? If Sekhmet wore the charm for an hour some day, would memories come to her after going to sleep that evening?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"Yes, this, uh, memory thing. Replacing my dreams. Uh, what does that mean, exactly?" Sekhmet sounds very concerned about that. She uses dream magic sometimes, would it lock her off from that? And of course, given that her dreams are already bad memories, would it make them worse?
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Quite simply, it's an amulet that brings memories into clarity. As long as you can remember them, the amulet should make the memories come through clearly and precisely, without the corruption of time and the vagaries of your mental state," Trick explains, "The problem is that dreams are built out of memories, and that interacts with the enchantment; since it prevents warping of memories, it'll organize them even in a dream, which means you'll inevitably be thrown into the deep end of different memories while sleeping, instead of normal dreams. Of course, you can always just take the amulet off at night."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"That would make things easier." Sophie was worried about lingering effects. Consequences every time Sekhmet puts on the charm. "It's still your risk to take, though, in the end."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"That, uh, doesn't sound so bad." Wearing a protective charm to bed doesn't sound comfortable anyway, and if Sekhmet can just take it off, it's hardly going to be a problem. "What do I need to do?"
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"It means I'm going to have to draw some of your essence from you," Trick explains, "If you were human or a tiefling it wouldn't be necessary, but I have to work you into the fabric of the enchantment to make it work due to your own power. If I don't, you'd just overwhelm the enchantment. The... process isn't pleasant, but at least it'll be over quickly."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mouchabière Residence
"Be careful with it. My essence is, uh, corrupting." it's dangerous stuff to work with if you don't take the necessary safety precautions. Not that it would kill someone... well, probably not. Best not to find out.
Sekhmet prepares for the procedure as best she can.