Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

"He's probably planning on using it for something nefarious," MG reasons.

Because of COURSE he would use it for something nefarious.

What ELSE would he use it for? Some kind of nefarious magnet related crimes since that is absolutely his jam.

But the villain doesn't get the heart for a low low price, that's for sure. There's another bidder on the other side for the room who is apparently interested, though Morning Glory can't really make them out from their table. This of course leaves her wondering. Who ELSE would want a magical magnet? Judging from Master Magnigauntlet's expression he isn't very happy about the bidding war.

After several rounds of back and forth, though, the malignant master of magnetism wins his prize.

"Our third item for the evening will be one of the eight iron bells of Nicholas the Thaumaturge. These fabled objects toll with a sound that terrifies spirits and shatters illusions. The bidding will begin at-"

"LADIES and GENTLECREATURES!" comes a bombastic voice and a soft ringing sound as The Jangler suddenly leaps to his feet, one foot on his chair and the other on his table, knocking over a glass of water in the process. "I have any ANNOUNCEMENT for you all!"

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"It always is," Jason comments about Master Magnigauntlet's potential nefarious deeds.

Finally the bell is up for auction. Jason prepares to raise his hand, but then...
"Oh, joy." Of course that freak of a harlequin wants to bid on the same item. Or to just make a mess right before the bidding begins. Either way, he's a pain. He always is.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

Morty wrote: Oct 01, 2023 11:49 am
[Day of the Duel]

"He can bloody well try! Now settle down, I need both hands for this. Even if one of 'em is useless."

With Hoshiki temporarily occupied by Lia, Michalson can focus on Sandels. Who is, apparently, also trying something instead of being smart about it. Piking leather-head sodding addle-cove berks. When Sandels reaches out, Michalson frowns (even more, that is) and concentrates. Any magic or supernatural force Sandels is trying to use will find itself blocked, smothered and stymied. It's a disturbing feeling.
quillpleasant wrote: Oct 01, 2023 6:42 pm
Day of the Duel

The fungus wall proves quite resistant to slicing- it's dense and woody, and it reaches out to grab at the sword even as it's being cut. Hoshiki's sword does break an opening through it, but he might find it difficult to pull the sword back out, as the tentacles begin to wrap themselves around the blade and his arm.

Lia has little time for triumph, though. She's not the fastest, and truly wasn't expecting the situation to escalate even further. The poleaxe pierces through her soft flesh like a hot knife through butter, impaling her and sticking into the ground behind her.

"Oh. But I didn't get to..." Lavender blood spills out of the corner of her mouth and she coughs, beginning to slump. The poleaxe, still fixed through her chest, is all that stops her from collapsing to the ground.

However, this doesn't seem to slow the fungal tentacles at all. If anything, they attack with even more frenzy than before.
[Day of the Duel]

Bunny isn't having any of it, continuing to flap her wings and trying to squirm out of Michalson's grasp. Sandels takes aim at her, speaks "Path of Destruction: Crimson Flame Bullet!"

... and nothing happens.

Frowning, Sandel close his fist. Next second, he has to slide off his horse as the beast's legs suddenly buckle and it falls down, becoming nothing but a lifeless pile of steel for a moment.

Painstakingly, the Reaper straightens himself and walks towards the detective. Michalson can see the bandages around his body are coming loose. "I thought I told you", Sandels says, spreading his arms, "to not waste your sympathy on those for which it is fundamentally pointless. Hand her over. Let me put her to the use she was made for. That's all I asked to begin with."

Bunny manages to shake her head vigorously even as she struggles to escape. "No! You will just go to fight him again! There's no point to it! No point to it at all!"

Behind them, past the barrier of fungal roots still obstructing his path, Hoshiki uses his now frees hand to draw his second blade. He uses it to cut his main hand free, then proceeds to methodically hack his way through the barrier. Michalson can hear him coming.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

Always a pain?

Certainly.

But the question here is: what are Jason and Morning Glory going to DO about it? The Jangler is notoriously obnoxious to deal with thanks to his supernatural sense of comedic timing. Attempts to stop him directly usually devolve into a comedy routine of pratfalls where whoever opposing him ends up looking like a buffoon.

Case in point?

A bouncer robot attempts to size the clown to expel him, but right as he reaches for the Jangler the robot slips on a opportunistically placed olive and faceplants directly into the table the Jangler is standing on. This gives the Jangler the chance to vault through the air, landing with perfect poise and giving a bow to the exasperated audience.

The only way to deal with this clown is to figure out what his angle is and then outfox him.

Sadly Jade isn't here to provide supplemental foxness.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Oct 01, 2023 6:42 pm Last Known Address

Harley nods, a little defeatedly. "Hm, yeah, sexfriend. Yeah, that's close enough. I guess I'm not exactly an expert- I've been in love with someone, but the feeling wasn't mutual." In fact, she nearly drowned him.

"And bunnies are pretty cute, we agree on that," he says with a chuckle, "Although not the best conversationalists. As for hares..." He unconsciously thumps his foot against the ground. "They're, uh... they're different. Like how apes and humans are the same but different. I never knew about them when I was a rabbit, and when I did discover them I kind of didn't believe in them for a while. Thought someone was playing a joke on me."

He glances at Raheeda. "So on this topic, what are your feelings on snakes? I know you're not one, but you have some connections, right?"
Last Known Address

"Apes and humans are related? Wow, I didn't know that."

A beat.

"Wait, how are they related? Do humans give birth to apes? Since I heard that some of my people sometimes give birth to near-snakes. Like, almost great-ones. Kinda like Artie but without most human parts."

"But yeah... my people are related to snakes in a way. Our gods are all in snake form, see? So it's the ideal form. Kinda. Since just normal snakes are not really-" She waves dismissively. "-it's complicated. Since I barely understand it myself. But I rarely think of snakes at all. Pretty neutral towards them actually."

She strokes her chin.

"But I'm like at the rear end of the social snake. If I had looked more human I would probably have been much higher ironically. Since then I could pass off as one of them. But I'm just snake-y enough to well, not do much of anything really."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
Jason's had a little too much to drink to be outfoxing anyone. At least not effortlessly. "He's probably going to steal the bell. That's not very funny." Unfortunately declaring that something's not funny probably won't matter for the clown's twisted sense of humor. "Hey, do you know if he can turn his power off?" Or is he stuck in permanent comedy mode? Evidently Jason has some plans left in him.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Last Known Address

"I, uh... I don't really know to be honest," Harley admits sheepishly, "I think humans used to be apes a long time ago? And then they kind of...changed?" This is a thing, he knows this is a thing, but he can't remember the details so it probably sounds pretty fake.

He listens with interest as Raheeda talks. "Snakes don't, uh, seem very ideal to me. They're kind of just tubes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, but I feel like having limbs is a big advantage."

"And on that note, I think you're the perfect amount of snakey," he says, shaking his head at the mention of Raheeda's status, "You have a really cool look going on, useful fangs and tongue and stuff, and you still have all your limbs. Besides, why would you want to pass as a human? Being yourself is important." Says the ex shapeshifter.
-
Day of the Duel

It's a strange thing, dying. The way the world goes dark, like a premature and comforting nightfall. The slow fading out of pain and worry, an ease to her obsession and fear. It's nice, in a way. Even though she's died many times, Lia still isn't used to it. And her rejuvenation isn't guaranteed- it depends on how she dies, and how weak she is. As she slumps further down the polearm, sliding back until she's kneeling on the ground, Lia isn't feeling very confident that she'll make it out this time.

Through blurring vision, she watches those still fighting. The detective, an exhausted man putting his life on the line to protect an artificial soul trying desperately to escape her fate. The dark warrior who destroyed Lia's current body, who even now is ripping through the barrier she created to stop the conflict. And the bandaged stranger that she had chosen to love, all for naught. Growing distant now.

Well, maybe she can do something to help, before she's gone.

With a sigh, Lia's body crumbles in on itself, lavender skin reduced to spores in an instant, leaving nothing behind save the bloodstained axe and the white favor, plastered to the muddy ground. The spores don't stay down for long, though, as they take on a harsh green hue and rise in a buzzing cloud. Sandels might recognize these as the same flesh eating spores she used in the hotel, capable of devouring any organic matter in seconds. This cloud is much larger however, since she's given up her body to create it.

The cloud of green death flies across the battlefield, breaking apart as it heads for Hoshiki and Sandels alike. Although not incorporeal, it's very hard to affect, being essentially a self propelled cloud of dust. Very hungry dust.
horses can attack and eat me
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Last Known Address

"Changed? So they got transformed? Guess humans and yu- uh, my people have more in common than I thought." Raheeda remarks, feeling that she's learning so much from Harley. For someone who had most of his memories removed he really knew a lot!
"And yeah, limbs are cool. And I'm actually pretty good at using them by now." The yuan-ti let's go of the spear with her right hand for a moment and flexes her fingers. "But the great ones don't need limbs. They still have arms, usually, but their real power is in the brain." She taps the side of her head. "Since they can make stuff move just by thinking about it. No arms, or legs, needed."

His compliments don't go unnoticed however as Raheeda nods eagerly to his words and let's out a giggle. "Aw, thanks! But I don't feel bad about it. Since I know they still think I'm pretty cool too. I'm considered the best hunter in my tribe in fact. Probably in most tribes. It's just that most of my tribe share the same traits as me but don't look as human." She pauses as something else he said seemed to have got her thinking.

"I don't think I could stop being myself." She suddenly remarks. "I didn't even know that was possible. Are you saying that you could stop being yourself?"
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Barkley Library]

"I have my deer. I think he's strong enough to carry us both, but..." Hiep is fully aware of some other logistical problems with this idea. "It could be a little awkward."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Barkley Library]

"We're both adults here, I'm sure it'll be fine," Verity waves it off, "Show me the way. Let's get to it."

If Hiep leads, Verity will follow.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

Michalson's gun is pointed straight at Sandels' chest and the cylinder shifts. He can hear Hoshiki cut his way through the mushrooms and he knows he's up the Styx without a paddle when he's done. He can't disable him as easily as he did Sandels.

"Listen to her, you piking sod-for-brains. She's right. Why are you two even fighting? What's the piking point? What grudge are you settling? And don't tell me someone I know is a person isn't one. I know you won't admit it because it would mean admitting to slavery."

[Barkley Library]

Well, Hiep won't deny an opportunity when given one. She leads her outside, where a very large deer with a saddle is indeed waiting.

"Sit behind me and hold on tight. I'll handle his reins."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Barkley Library]

Verity will need a little help up, but will manage. Once she's on the deer's back, she'll wrap her hands around Hiep's midsection, and press her very large, very soft body into the Sidereal's back.

"Haven't gone riding since I was a kid. Never been on a deer before, either."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 02, 2023 9:26 am Last Known Address

"Changed? So they got transformed? Guess humans and yu- uh, my people have more in common than I thought." Raheeda remarks, feeling that she's learning so much from Harley. For someone who had most of his memories removed he really knew a lot!
"And yeah, limbs are cool. And I'm actually pretty good at using them by now." The yuan-ti let's go of the spear with her right hand for a moment and flexes her fingers. "But the great ones don't need limbs. They still have arms, usually, but their real power is in the brain." She taps the side of her head. "Since they can make stuff move just by thinking about it. No arms, or legs, needed."

His compliments don't go unnoticed however as Raheeda nods eagerly to his words and let's out a giggle. "Aw, thanks! But I don't feel bad about it. Since I know they still think I'm pretty cool too. I'm considered the best hunter in my tribe in fact. Probably in most tribes. It's just that most of my tribe share the same traits as me but don't look as human." She pauses as something else he said seemed to have got her thinking.

"I don't think I could stop being myself." She suddenly remarks. "I didn't even know that was possible. Are you saying that you could stop being yourself?"
Last Known Address

"Transformed, yeah, that must be it," nods Harley, feeling a little more confident. "I guess that happens a lot." Since he was transformed as well. There's some solidarity there for sure.

"Moving stuff with their minds? I used to be able to do that. Mostly just used it for tricks though, I couldn't do anything too crazy." Even as a god, his power was very specific and limited. As far as gods went, at least. "I guess flying kind of counts, since that's moving yourself?" These great ones sound a little intimidating, and Harley files away that topic to ask about more later.

He seems relieved at the news that her tribe regarded her well. "Good! They're right, you are pretty cool. You're a great warrior, and a kind person, which counts for a lot." Harley seems about to say something else on that topic, then stops himself.

Raheeda's last question is a deep one, and he considers it for a moment. "Well- a lot of people try to stop being themselves, because they don't like who they are, which is what I meant. And a lot of people change who they are, like I'm trying to do. I used to change who I was on the outside a lot, wearing different forms like clothes. But the inside is a lot more important."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Spellman Sisters's Bookshoppe]

Eun gives a little internal sigh as Sekhmet steps away.

...So that's the lady Cortez is always talking about. She, um... seems nice.

...Um.

It occurs to me that, um... if we swapped back now, our clothes are a few sizes too big for me, so... do you, um, want to drive for a bit longer? Until we can get somewhere private to change?

...And, um... sorry again.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

"Distractions, detective!", Sandes says, loudly but without passion. "Focus on the truth before your eyes: you cannot win a fight against him, and neither can I, not when held back by this mortal shell. Give me my tool back, and I can fight him as a spirit, Reaper against Reaper, as it is meant. This fight will cease to concern you and her and she will be as free as she ever was in your care."

"Don't listen to him! Don't you dare listen to him!", Bunny shrieks. Then, since it's clear her wings are not strong enough to free her from Michalson's grasp, she turns and bites his hand like an angry bat.

Behind him, Michalson can hear the hacking cease as Hoshiki notices the growing cloud of green spores. He jumps away from the wall of fungal roots and places his short sword in the pit of his elbow to free his left hand. He does not know what precisely this new phenomenom is, but he surmises it is not something he can simply cut into pieces. Hence, he intones a short spell: "Path of Destruction: Crimson Flame Cannon!"

A sphere of flame is summoned on his palm, and he turns it into a wide cone of flame to sweep the spores away - that is, if Michalson doesn't interfere with his spell as well.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

"Distractions?! More like you don't want to stop and think about what you're doin' because you'd realize how barmy it is! You're not- aaargh!"

Michalson's grip with his right hand was never too strong, what with its injury, so being bitten loosens it enough for Bunny to get away. This really isn't looking great for him. His gun remains trained on Sandels, but he glances over at the mushroom wall when he hears Hoshiki intone a spell. He sends a pulse of anti-magic in that direction, but since he can't see Hoshiki, it's imprecise. Being distracted by pain also doesn't do wonders for his concentration.

"Both of ya... slaves to your tradition and grudges," he tells Sandels in a shaky voice. "Unwillin' to look up for fear of what you'll see."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Day of the Duel

Lia's bad day has gotten very simple. It's hard to hold thoughts in your head when you're a buzzing cloud of disparate pieces, each barely able to comprehend the world on their own. So her world view has narrowed down to a sliver of reality- Sandels and Hoshiki are food. Michalson and Bunny aren't. Food must be eaten. So that's exactly what she's going to do.

One of the few effective deterrents for the flesh eating spores is fire, and even though the cone is partially blocked by Michalson's antimagic, it still burns a hole in the swarm, the spores blistering into ash in an instant. But there's too many of them to be completely consumed, and the edges of the swarm make their way around the fire to Hoshiki, trying to devour as much of him as they can get. Some of the spores head past him, settling on the chopped up mushroom wall, which they rapidly begin to consume, generating yet more flesh eating spores to attack the swordsman.

Meanwhile, the other half of the swarm has made its way around the now decaying mushroom barrier. Flowing past Michalson and Bunny, it heads for Sandels, attempting to engulf him and eat him down to the bone.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Spellman Sisters Bookshoppe

"If you insist, Eun. I think you wear my shape better than you give yourself credit for but well. I guess I might as well take the chance to make you eat a sandwich while you can't stop me." Buhan shrugs and goes to find them some lunch.

Unicorn Rescue Team

Khannie is still following a beacon that calls her to ACTION!
A feeling, pure as anything that points her to... a shoe store? It seems to be closed, but there is a light inside.
Is that the place? Jace asks. He's not as good at being stealthy as Khannie. At this point for a variety of reasons. I'm getting a whiff of...something all right.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

Khannie feels it.

Quite a bit like she feels spirits, honestly. It's a tactile sensation to her. She doesn't smell it or see it. She feels it. And she has absolutely no idea how to even start describing the purity she feels drawn to. It's...

Wow.

It's definitely something.

It feels like something good, but something missing. Like there's a hole that needs to be filled in the rest of the way.

"Yeah I think that's it,"
Khannie says, cupping her hands around her eyes to better peer in through one of the windows of the storefront. She's having no issue being sneaky on account of the fact that she doesn't have giant toenails for feet.

Well.

She does.

It just isn't obvious at the moment and she's wearing regular (shapeshifter) shoes. Because of COURSE Khannie gets clothing made for shape shifters. They needed to survive the human to zoroark transformation after all. And now they're going to need to survive the human to unicorn transformation, too. You might think such shoes would be impossible but you would be WRONG! The toes are designed to pop open as the foot lengthens.

"I'm gunna figure out what's going on in there," Khannie says, closing her eyes and her shadow begins lengthening as if a strong light where panning down behind her. The lengthening shadow will slip right under the store's door as Khannie pushes her senses into the mass of primordial darkness teeming with shadow spirits.

[Auction]

Morning Glory frowns at that question.

Can he?

"I haven't ever heard of him doing anything like that?" Morning Glory admits. "But he's pretty cagey about how his powers work. I think that would count as explaining the joke."

And there's no faster way to kill a joke than to explain it.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

Inside the shop are a number of hooded individuals sitting around a table on which there is an incredibly shiny wyrmling, bound and gagged. Under the table is an elf who is likely the store's clerk, ALSO bound and gagged, and currently looking a lot more upset. The wyrmling looks like she'd be crying quite loudly if she wasn't gagged.
"So let's go over this again, Frank. A magical baby dragon appears in broad daylight in front of you." says a tall cultist with horns sticking out of their hood. A sharp tapping can be heard on the wooden boards of the floor
"Yessir." replies a short, heavier-set cultist.
"And you realized this would be a good sacrifice for our Lady."
"Yessir."
"So instead of following it and grabbing it when it was alone, you grabbed it in broad daylight and called us, which is why we are now holed up in this stupid store, which required us take a SECOND prisoner to keep him from screaming."
"Yes...sir. But he'll make a good sacrifice too!" The cultist earns a slap for this one.
"Yes, if we LIVE, idiot. I'm surrounded by idiots. Go get the damn chalk."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

Oh heck.
Oh beans.
Oh heck!

Khannie pulls her shadow back to herself, blinking her eyes open again. "It's a hecking hostage situation," Khannie hisses in a low whisper. "A buncha hooded goons have got a kid and the store clerk all tied up. It sounds like they're gunna knife 'em for some evil god."

Which is really bad.

"You blast the door in and I can drop gloom-bubbles on all the goons. Then we run in there and grab the hostages?"

Wait.

Jace doesn't have any hands.

"Or, umm... I grab the kid and dump the clerk on your back and we hoof it?"

They don't have much time, that's for sure. So if Jace agrees that is exactly what they're going to do!
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

Bunny cries victoriously when Michalson's hold slips and she takes to the skies like a big, clumsy bat. Sandels shakes his head slightly before his eyes drift on the green cloud rolling towards him. "I told you. Distractions!", he says, "now undo your counter-spell or risk being consumed!" Maybe the spores don't see Michalson as food, but the detective doesn't know that. Either way, the Reaper dashes forward to put Michalson between him and the cloud.

Meanwhile, Hoshiki frowns when the burst of flame fails to clear away all of the spores. He's sure he could've gotten them all, so someone's interfering with his invocation.

It's to their loss. When the spores close in, the swordsman leaps, leaving the street behind and landing on the roof of his own mansion. From the heights, he glances down at Michalson and Sandels. The message is wordless but clear: even if he can't destroy the spores here and now, he can run away from them long enough for the rain to bring the cloud down. Even without the hidden paths, he isn't in danger.

Then, from the corner of his eye, he sees Bunny. In split of a second, he grabs his short sword by the blade and throws it at her like big throwing knife. It cuts its way through the rain as it spins towards its target...
Last edited by Hraithre on Oct 04, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Oct 03, 2023 4:17 am Last Known Address

"Transformed, yeah, that must be it," nods Harley, feeling a little more confident. "I guess that happens a lot." Since he was transformed as well. There's some solidarity there for sure.

"Moving stuff with their minds? I used to be able to do that. Mostly just used it for tricks though, I couldn't do anything too crazy." Even as a god, his power was very specific and limited. As far as gods went, at least. "I guess flying kind of counts, since that's moving yourself?" These great ones sound a little intimidating, and Harley files away that topic to ask about more later.

He seems relieved at the news that her tribe regarded her well. "Good! They're right, you are pretty cool. You're a great warrior, and a kind person, which counts for a lot." Harley seems about to say something else on that topic, then stops himself.

Raheeda's last question is a deep one, and he considers it for a moment. "Well- a lot of people try to stop being themselves, because they don't like who they are, which is what I meant. And a lot of people change who they are, like I'm trying to do. I used to change who I was on the outside a lot, wearing different forms like clothes. But the inside is a lot more important."
Last Known Address

"Oh yeah. Since you'll survive having your clothes torn off but you won't survive if your insides leak out. That makes sense." Raheeda reasons. It being unclear if she's still speaking metaphorically or if she's being more literal here.

"But no one can see that you change on the inside of course. You gotta show that." She nods dutifully and then considers this new idea in silence for a moment. "...so are you saying you should buy new clothes to show that you're trying to do better? Since if the gods are spying on you, that might be a good idea. You know, just to get the point across now that you've started committing good deeds."

She gestures down at her colorful robes. "Since I once wore these drab robes for instance. But then I got friends and that human money so I bought new, better, ones. I even got better underwear. So that showed that, uh, my clothes changed?"

Another pause.

"Does that mean that I changed too? Huh." The question seems more meant for herself than Harley this time around.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

Jace slowly trots up to the door as quietly as he can. But of course there's no way to be quiet about blowing up a door. He rears up with a piercing cry and blasts the door clean off its hinges with no less than seven conjured bolts.
The ACTION UNICORNS charge in!
This is met by two swears, a surprised cough, and one "is that a friggin unicorn?" One of the cultists reaches into their cloak and draws a rather wicked looking mace, the horned one seems to immediately run for a back room, and a third starts fumbling in his sleeve for a knife.
The last one is the fastest on the draw, dramatically throwing his cloak back to reveal a pair of snub-nosed submachine guns in holsters at his waist, which he draws and immediately unloads in Jace's direction. Jace dives behind a nearby metal shelf with a display of sabatons so as to not be swiss cheese, causing a mighty racket and sending an avalanche of metal shoes collapsing on top of him.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

The answer today is 'yes, that is a friggin' unicorn'.

Khannie winces at the LOUD NOISE of firing GUNS inside without any ear protection. That's pretty irresponsible but these guys are already goons so whatever. She immediately bursts her disguise in a spray of darkness, revealing that there are in fact TWO friggin' unicorns. The shadows go racing across the floor away from her, aiming to go snaking up the cultist's legs and glomp around their heads. Getting your noggin plunged into absolute primordial darkness full of whispering shadow spirits is more than just blinding, it's incredibly disorienting as well. She's aiming to snag all the cultists, but she's focusing her efforts on the guy with the guns first since he's the most obviously dangerous.

Her ears are absolutely pinned back because of all the noise.

Stupid sensitive hearing.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

Darkness sprays everywhere! Knife-cultist screams and throws his knife at Khannie before falling to the floor flailing with shadows on his head. Gun-cultist is similarly glomped and starts stumbling around, hands frozen to his triggers but his magazines were already mostly empty from shooting at Jace so the last ten rounds he fires off go spraying in random directions.

Big Mace Guy instead charges at Khannie, the shadow snaking up his body being dissuaded by a ward he apparently has around his neck though he is slowed down greatly by Jace pumping six scorching rays into his back.
Horn Guy snaps a finger at the shadow, causing a bright burst of light to erupt around it, slowing it enough for him to dive into the back room and slam the door shut.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

Ah good ol' throwing knives. Those work pretty well when you're tracking your target's movements and you've got a level head. When tossing knives at someone in a panic, though, it's a bit less effective. Khannie does a little half-canter to the right, neatly allowing the knife to go whizzing past her before lowering her head and charging straight at mace-guy with her horn pointed toward him! She won't even TRY to avoid getting clobbered with the mace and should she get smacked she'll explode in a blast of concussive force.

Actual Khannie, meanwhile, suddenly pops into visibility near gun-guy, leans forward on her front hooves, and then aims a buck at the jerk from his side. Khannie might not have pokemon level strength anymore but getting kicked by a unicorn still probably isn't any fun.

She positions herself so she can see the door horn-guy ran into as she approaches the people bound at the table.

"We're gunna get you outta here, okay? If I get you untied can you walk?" Khannie asks. A simple nod should suffice.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"So if we could figure out how they work..." That's a terrible idea, Jason. You know nothing about magic and there's no way weird comedy powers are science. You have a snowball's chance in Hell of being able to figure out how to "explain the joke" of Jangler's powers.
It's not time to make a move anyway, so the clown will get a chance to explain his dastardly plot or whatever it is.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

Mace guy gets exploded with concussive force!
And then gun guy gets kicked in the ribs!
And then mace guy zapped by an ice ray as Jace drags himself out of the pile of metal shoes. Several of them, apparently magic, are sticking to his feet in an attempt to adapt to their shape.
Both cultists fall over, unable to do much after all that.
The elf and the wyrmling nod at Khannie, though the wyrmling seems much more panicked at the whole thing.
Jace approaches and looks apologetically at Khannie. He can't really untie ropes at the moment. He could cut them with his horn but he hasn't been a unicorn long enough to trust his precision there.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

"I can't undo it, you sorry berk. If you haven't noticed- NO!" Michalson's rebuke of Sandels is cut short when he sees what Hoshiki is doing. He turns around, aims and fires. The revolver shoots a concussive round, rather than anything lethal, so it seems his threat of shooting Sandels might have been a bluff. Regardless, he's not going to hit Hoshiki before he throws his sword. He's just not fast enough.