Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

Looks like the villains are all indisposed for a little while at the very least, so Khannie gets to work on the bonds. A pair of shadowy paws with stubby claws that look suspiciously like they once belonged to a certain zoroark appears and gets to work on the clerk's bonds first.

Mostly because Khannie is pretty sure he won't immediately freak out when he gets free. Once she's done there she'll get to work on the wyrmling next but it will take a little bit.

"Make sure that creep with the horns doesn't jump me," she requests of her dad so her attention isn't too divided. "I'm gunna have you loose in just a sec okay please don't flip out," she reassures the wyrmling.

[Auction]

It doesn't look like the Jangler is going to be explaining anything any time soon. More robots are trying to tackle him with increasingly comedic and improbable hijinks thwarting them.

Seems being super serious is a bad matchup against the Jangler.
Last edited by Rebonack on Oct 05, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

"Thank you very much, my dear." The elderly elf says as he's freed, standing up.
"And you, my good man. My works know someone in need when they see one. Hold still, now. You can't walk around with such delicate hooves in the city without shoes. The concrete will do wretched things to them." Jace is appreciative that the elf is treating him like a person but he's rather dumbfounded at this reaction. The elf adjusts each of the silver shoes which slides properly into place and vibrates, shrinking into a delicate silver horseshoe.
"Oh shush, you and yours just saved my life." he waves to Jace. It's likely weird to Khannie that she can't hear her dad's replies when he's talking to someone else now.
The wyrmling attaches herself to Khannie's leg immediately, bawling.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Auction
Well this is going nowhere fast and Jason doesn't feel like breaking up that fight without any of his equipment.
So this is just going to continue until the Jangler finishes beating up the robots.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

"You're welcome. But don't assume we're done until Intersection gets here to clean up the goons," Khannie cautions.

With both of victims freed, Khannie sets a layer of darkness over the door the horned cultist fled through. If he tries popping out of there to pull some magical jerkery he'll find himself getting glomped by the shadows pretty hard. It's not a terribly sophisticated defense but you don't always need something fancy. The cultists that were ALREADY glomped are going to discover that they're getting their heads glued to the floor. That typically prevents baddies from moving around much.

Aaand now Khannie has a baby dragon crying on her. This is way more endearing than Maridia crying on Khannie that she needs another slice of cake. Leaning down, Khannie gently nuzzles the wyrmling.

"Hey, it's okay, you're going to be alright. Do you know where your parents are?" she asks.

[Auction]

...it doesn't look like the clown show is letting up.

But that's okay! Apparently Morning Glory just had an idea! She pulls our her phone and dials a number. A few moments later-

"Hi, I need your help."
"No it isn't the bullet seed shooting flowers again."
"It's not a pie emergency, either."
"No, I've got a clown here who doesn't know how to make people happy."
"It IS that serious. No smiles or laughter in the whole crowd."
"Okay, great, I'll see you soon."

Jason is given a mysterious look. "I called an expert."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"Okay then?" Jason doesn't really have any idea what that's about. But he can just watch and see.
Wait.
Wait...
Crap. Whoever "Gloria" called is probably expecting to meet Morning Glory. "Will your clothes be a problem for that?" Dangit how can he circumspectly talk about the disguise?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

"My daddies run a place called Fort Aegis up in the mountain. I just really wanted a 'hot dog' that Sendo was telling me about and then I was in the city and it was real scary. I'm Heuldranwm."
Jace is discussing something with the shoemaker when suddenly there is an explosion of DARK ENERGY from the closet.
"FOOLS!"
Horn Guy emerges from the closet, his cloak removed to show he's some sort of satyr or particularly furry tiefling, having drawn sigils all over his body and apparently cleaved a dagger through his own chest. Heuldra cries out and presses her face against Khannie.
"You'll never take me! By my sacrifice shall our Lady in Blood cast me anew, reborn in Her terrible fury to smite you!"
There is a terrible sound as his blood boils and he collapses. Bloody darkness flows from his chest in a way that would probably be really traumatizing to the wyrmling if her eyes were open, forming a new shape that emerges from his body with wickedly sharp claws, fangs wide wings, and two spiked tails.
"By her wrath, TREMBLE in TERROR!"

Buddy...are you serious? asks Jace 'out loud' as he stares down at the imp sitting on the corpse's chest, trying very hard to look bigger and more intimidating.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

"Fort Aegis? Okay, we'll make sure you get back home to your parents. Everything will be okay and I bet we can even get you a-"

EXPLOSION!

Well now Khannie was going to say a hot dog but now she's been interrupted by this jerk. His sudden appearance trips Khannie trap and-

Huh.

Now he's an imp?

Khannie door-trap had been woven to catch something MUCH bigger than an imp, so there's a pretty good chance the tiny devil is going to look like a gift-wrapped turkey here in a few moments as the curtain of gloom pounces to glomp him.

[Auction]

"I'm pretty sure Bubblegum Confetti will be able to tell. She's-"

The door to the auction house suddenly EXPLODES open in a shower of brightly colored confetti, streamers, and party balloons that washes through the interior of the building like a blizzard, briefly blinding everyone as if it were a whiteout. Except it isn't white. It's more... pastel rainbowy. When visibility returns everyone in the building is now sporting a little conical party hat.

There's a party blower in Morning Glory's mouth, which she obligingly *fzoo!*s.

Cartwheeling into the building with a different clown shoe on each hoof is a bubblegum pink earth pony with a poofy bubblegum ice-cream blue mane festooned with colorful round beads. Each shoe makes a slightly different honk as it hits the floor. "Hiya everycreature! I'm Bubblegum Confetti and I just got a REALLY SERIOUS call that there might be a clown that's bad at clowning here!"

The Jangler, meanwhile, looks at first surprised. Then worried. Then absolutely livid.

How DARE someone try to steal his spotlight!

"-something else."
Last edited by Rebonack on Oct 05, 2023 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

The explosion of darkness upon the door repelled the shadow trap.
Without it how could our cervine heroes POSSIBLY resist the phenomenal power of this imposing creature as it cackles its certain victory?

Shoo.
“Do not SHOO me! I am an all-powerful servant of our Lady in Blood!”
Heuldra opens her eyes, unimpressed.
”…you look like a tiny doof. Pothoc.”
“I am NOT a doof and I am NOT whatever that means!” Wails the imp, who does not seem to have any real response to Jace just walking up to him.
Hey. Hey buddy.
“WHAT?!”
Color spray.
One horn-based burst of rainbow colors later, the imp is left rolling about on the floor, blinded and quite unable to do anything.

”…is he your daddy? You’re different colors. Like me and my daddies.” Heuldra asks Khannie.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Hraithre wrote: Oct 04, 2023 8:07 am
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty wrote: Oct 04, 2023 10:45 pm
► SHOW SPOILER
Day of the Duel

For all the danger Lia's spores present, they're not especially fast. They could catch up with an average running person without too much trouble, but Hoshiki has no real trouble evading them. But they're also not fading away as quickly as he might hope.

Having devoured the remainder of the fungal wall, the size of the swarm increases. And now there's more of the purple fungi bursting out of the places Lia planted spores on her previous visits to the mansion, mycoid tendrils coiling up out of the shed and lawn, dragging themselves over to the cloud to add to its mass.

Meanwhile, the swarm that was heading for Sandels passes over Michalson- completely ignoring him. The detective might feel a light tickle like snowfall as the green spores dance around him, but evidently Lia is capable of choosing her targets. This might put Sandels in a rather difficult situation, surrounded by the flesh devouring cloud, but the spores hesitate just for a moment before descending on him.

A moment in which Hoshiki throws his blade at Bunny. Lia can't stop the attack, it's too high up and the spores aren't capable of flying that fast. However, what she can do it prepare for Bunny to fall if she does get hit. The spores pull away from Sandels and Michalson, flying up in a miniature tornado as they draw closer together. The cloud becomes more dense, moving underneath Bunny to act as a cushion to soften the impact of the fall.
-
Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 04, 2023 8:46 am
► SHOW SPOILER
Last Known Address

"Yeah, the insides are what really matters. Your, uh, heart and stuff," agrees Harley gravely. He looks down at his ill fitting sailor's clothes. "You might have a point about the clothes... I mean, I did steal these from a dead man. Not exactly the best look, huh?" He certainly hopes the gods aren't spying on him, but that's a topic to seal away and worry about while he's trying to sleep later.

Harley ponders for a moment. "Back in the day I wore a hanfu made of starlight. A lot more comfortable than this fabric stuff I've gotta say." He glances over at Raheeda's robes, nodding. "The colorful robes suit you. I should probably do the same thing. I guess I'd need money though." He rubs the back of his neck. How did you acquire money again? Aside from stealing it?

"I think we're all changing all the time," he says, partially as an answer to her question and partially just as an observation, "Because new experiences change how we see the world. Coming here, going on these quests, meeting you- that's all changed me. So I'm sure you've changed as well, and are changing, right now, just a little."
horses can attack and eat me
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

"You're right he DOES look like a tiny doof," Khannie agrees with the little dragon.

And then the tiny doof gets COLOR SPRAY!ed.

Hopefully he just learned (haha, yeah right) a valuable lesson.

Well...

It looks like that's that, right? No more trouble? All the goons are incapacitated.

"Gunna admit I've got no idea who these creeps are but I'm glad we came this way," Khannie admits, poking the tiny doof with one of her forehooves. "Sorry about the inside of your shop getting shot up, mister. I was hoping we could clonk 'em and zonk 'em before they made a mess but plans always go wrong."

But then a tiny dragon question!

"Yeah that's my dad. I've just a better taste in color palette than him," Khannie explains. Just look at her! She's got nice range of colors that go well together versus Jace's BLUE.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

Hoshiki is yet to recover from his throw when Michalson shoots him. The man staggers, but manages to retain his balance. Frowning, he glares down at the detective. The bullet hurt, no doubt - but the detective might get the feeling he just tried to hunt a rhino with a peashooter.

But the shot does do one thing: it takes Hoshiki's eyes off of where Bunny and his sword are flying. The sword hits he clay gargoyle and shatters it to pieces. When the sound reaches him, Hoshiki's head swivels to look for a particular light blue pearl among the fragments, but then he feels his house tremble under his feet. He glances down at and around the yard, sprinting along the edge of the roof. What devilry os this, and what can he do to stop it from wrecking this one place that passes for his home?

Down on the street, the spores are over Michalson and already devouring Sandels's clothes and the bandages covering him, when they suddenly stop. Puzzled, Sandels takes a moment to throw away his coat and tear off the infected bandaging, before turning to follow the cloud. With his second sight, he can see the physical form of Bunny's spirit... as it now lies there, amidst the swarming green cloud, where he cannot follow.

The Reaper sighs, shrugs, and takes the time to distance himself from Michalson and the spores, walking back towards where his steed lies prone, inanimate. Descending on one knee, he touches the muzzle of the downed beast.

"Don't play daft. You did something, so either undo it or stop doing it", he says over his shoulder, to the detective. "Stop getting in my way. My quarrel is not with you."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
Oh no. This might be one of those "the cure is worse than the disease" things. Also... "If I were going to steal something, this is when I'd do it." Jason ignores the fight between clown and pony that's about to start and watches the auctioneer and the bell.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Last Known Address

Raheeda had no idea what a hanfu was but if it was made of starlight it had to be the most fancy kind of human clothing.

Trying to imagine it she could only come up with 'robe made of the night sky'. But even in her limited imagination her own robes kinda paled before that concept.

But it didn't amaze her as much as Harley's next thought concerned her. "Huh, that's pretty scary. To change all the time I mean." A beat. "But why does everyone keep saying it's so hard to change then?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Oct 05, 2023 6:19 am [Unicorn Rescue Team]

"You're right he DOES look like a tiny doof," Khannie agrees with the little dragon.

And then the tiny doof gets COLOR SPRAY!ed.

Hopefully he just learned (haha, yeah right) a valuable lesson.

Well...

It looks like that's that, right? No more trouble? All the goons are incapacitated.

"Gunna admit I've got no idea who these creeps are but I'm glad we came this way," Khannie admits, poking the tiny doof with one of her forehooves. "Sorry about the inside of your shop getting shot up, mister. I was hoping we could clonk 'em and zonk 'em before they made a mess but plans always go wrong."

But then a tiny dragon question!

"Yeah that's my dad. I've just a better taste in color palette than him," Khannie explains. Just look at her! She's got nice range of colors that go well together versus Jace's BLUE.
Unicorn Rescue Team

That's completely unfair, Khannie. Jace is a very pleasant light blue with a darker blue mane, his fancy arcane patterns, and hints of silver in his coat and especially in his feathering. It's not just BLUE.
"It's alright, Miss. I have cultist insurance. I'm going to go call Intersection and get this all cleaned up..." The elf steps over the body and goes to get to the phone behind the counter.
"It doesn't seem nice to make fun of your dad's color." Heuldra says innocently.
It's fine, Heuldranwm. Khannie doesn't mean anything by it.
"Why's your voice all fuzzy in my head, Mister?" Heuldra tilts her head.
Because I'm the kind of unicorn that can't talk with my mouth. Unlike...hm. Khannie can probably do it, too. Jace glances over at her.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

There are some people who are definitely groaning at the scene. And at least one person who's laughing and clapping. The Rat King, who is literally a bunch of rats in a trench-coat, thinks this whole show is fantastic.

The auctioneer looks...

Well.

He's a robot he doesn't really have facial expressions. He's just kind of standing up there awkwardly.

"Does it really count as stealing if it's from a villainous black market organization?" Morning Glory suggests. While true, this is a huge distraction, no one seems terribly keen on taking advantage of it. Yet.

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

The clerk gets a little wave as he departs.

Wait, really? Rebo was under the impression it was JUST blue. That changes everything! That makes him blue and...

Also blue.

With slightly shiny blue and slightly glowy blue.

But that's okay. Jace doesn't have to feel all blue about it.

Anywho! Khannie looks kinda taken aback all of a sudden. "I'm not making fun of him I'm just-"

Giving him a playful ribbing? Definitely making fun of him? It's one of the ways Khannie expresses her love to people. They care about each other and so jokes are okay. You just can't go overboard or someone might get hurt. But how do you explain that to a tiny dragon child?

Thankfully her dad's got her back.

Also thankfully her dad changes the subject.

"Wait, you think so? I've just been talking with illusions and I've gotten so use to lip-syncing I do it without thinking," Khannie says. It hadn't even occurred to her that might be something she can do.

So she tries thinking her words REALLY HARD at her dad.

The result of this is that she makes a face like she tasted something gross and nothing else.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Rescue Team

Khannie might have gotten that from her uncle. Zebes might have needed to point her to a novella about where the line is of jokes at some point.
Jace does a horsey laughs and makes a small noise that DEFINITELY wasn't him trying to talk and remembering he can't.Well, it was worth a try. We should be getting you home now, Heuldranwm. If you are very brave one of us can give you a ride. Can you do that?
The wyrmling gives a very vigorous nod that she would like to ride on a unicorn thank you.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"Eh... technically." Jason considers. "I don't think we should go for it. Just be ready in case someone else does." This is a good opportunity to spy on the competition; he doesn't want to become persona non grata at these events.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Rescue Team]

Khannie seems to have gotten more than a few things from her uncle. Something to do with his soul being conjoined to Jace's? It may forever remain mystery.

So!

Jace laughing gets a laugh out of Khannie as well. Which isn't really a horsey sound but it is definitely some sort of ungulate sound. Her poor dad. He's really having issues with the not-human-vocal-cords issue. She gets it. Really she does! She's just had quite a bit of time to grow accustomed to using illusionary sounds to speak. When you've been doing it this long it becomes second nature.

"Hup you go, then!"

Khannie swaddles Heuld in a gentle embrace of shadows and hoists the wyrmling onto her own back. Khannie still has her clothing on because of course she does. That'll help protect her from any unintentional pointiness from the little dragon. Since her dad insisted on only wearing a cool scarf to prevent nakedness that leaves his back bare. All it would take is some smol dragon slipping and that could result in some nasty clawmarks.

"You can hang onto the straps on my backpack, okay?" Khannie offers as she floats her phone out to herself, poking at it with a stylus because even when she had zoroark paws using the touch screen without one was tricky. "Let's see, where's the nearest riftline station to Fort Aegis..."

Time to plan a little train trip!

[Auction]

'Gloria' gives a nod.

And it doesn't take long, either.

It's almost difficult to even look at them. It's questionable whether they were here before or not. If they were, would they have even been noticed? Getting details is hard and the eye just seems to slide off them, but while the commotion is going on a pair of figures are definitely heading for the podium with the bell.

Maybe the Jangler was meant to be a distraction all along?
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
"There!" Jason gets out of his seat and points, "Let's go!" He's got no gear and he's wearing a suit and tie, but he can punch some would-be thieves and maybe abscond with their ill-gotten goods. He rushes for the podium.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

And 'Gloria' joins him!

As they rush toward the stage whatever glamour is protecting the thieves falters.

It's a pair of elves!

Not like...

D&D elves. Or your standard fantasy elves. These are honest to badness fae.

Elves from the Dreamlands.

The bad sorts of elves.

They look... human. But human in the sort of way that something that has little real grasp of humanity might imagine. They look unearthly beautiful, but in a fashion that's unnerving and uncanny. One of them begins drawing what LOOKS like it should be a small bronze knife from a sheath that definitely wasn't there a moment ago and the blade just keeps sliding out further and further and fur-

MG makes a tossing motion, an oversized horsetail spore glomping onto the elf and pinning it the floor.

The elf's partner seems surprised by this. Possibly surprised enough that it's about to get decked.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
DECK!
Jason's foot flies at the still-standing elf as he vaults onto the stage. He's not even sure how this works. "Can you guys even touch that bell?" he wonders, "I thought you guys died from iron poisoning, like, really easily." He's used to bantering while he fights, he is a superhero after all.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 05, 2023 1:36 pm Last Known Address

Raheeda had no idea what a hanfu was but if it was made of starlight it had to be the most fancy kind of human clothing.

Trying to imagine it she could only come up with 'robe made of the night sky'. But even in her limited imagination her own robes kinda paled before that concept.

But it didn't amaze her as much as Harley's next thought concerned her. "Huh, that's pretty scary. To change all the time I mean." A beat. "But why does everyone keep saying it's so hard to change then?"
Although Harley doesn't clarify further, robe made of the night sky is a very apt description. Gods tend to be fancy like that.

"Hm. Good question." Harley goes silent, reaching up to tap his mask thoughtfully. "I think that what people mean is that it's hard to choose how you change. Everyone's changing in little ways without thinking about it, but to decide 'I want to be like this' and then make that happen? That's way harder."

He chuckles hollowly. "If anyone knows that, it's me. Of course, the hardest things are often the most worth it."
horses can attack and eat me
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

When Jason kicks the elf he may notice that the otherworldly creature is in possession of something very, very mundane.

Oven-mitts.

The sword, elf is trying to get free from the binds but shortly finds himself getting stomped on by 'Gloria'.

If there's one thing you never, ever, EVER want to experience, it's getting stomped on by an earth pony. Which the elf just discovered. It isn't going to be getting back up again. Nope. Not a chance.

With the elves thwarted, the robot up front bows briefly to Jason. "Thank you, sir, for restoring some measure of sanity to our function this evening."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
Really? One kick is enough to take that elf completely out of the fight? "Do yourself a favor and ring that bell then let's get on with the bidding." He looks grumpy. He'd ask for the bell as payment, but he doubts the auctioneers would be willing to part with it for free.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Auction]

"I'm sorry, sir, but employing any of the auction items is strictly prohibited," the robot replies.

So!

The elves are gathered up. The Jangler begins ranting and raving and isn't even a LITTLE funny, which allows the bouncer robots to finally apprehend him and toss him out. Bubblegum Confetti pronks along behind, providing some helpful pointers on being a good clown, which only appears to make The Jangler even more irate.

And finally?

Our heroes will be able to bid on the bell.

No one else seems terribly interested in it.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Auction
It would've been useful to reveal any other aid the elves might have had waiting in the wings, but since the robot won't ring the bell, it won't help.
Jason bids on the bell, slightly relieved that he doesn't have to pay too much for it. It seems faerie-killing artifacts aren't in high demand among supervillains.
Once he and "Gloria" have the bell in their possession, they should be able to head back to Wallens Road to deliver it to Beatrice... assuming nothing unexpected happens.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wallens Road]

Beatrice will be waiting.

"You, ah, made it. Excellent," Beatrice says, inviting the pair inside. "To begin we will want to run an experiment to ensure that the artifact is indeed, ah, genuine."

To that end?

She brings out a small cage!

Inside the cage is a completely normal human child. There is nothing strange about the child. You believe they are a child. What is being done to the child is cruel and terrible. Please rescue the child.

"I managed to apprehend a puka and as you can see it is, ah, laying it on rather thick. If you could ring the bell, please?"
Beatrice requests.

Jason does not want to ring the bell. Jason wants to release the poor, innocent child.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Wallens Road
"What, are you crazy!? What are you doing with that kid!?" Jason is a superhero. He doesn't want to harm innocents.

This is a bit of a problem for getting him to harm the poor puka innocent child.

But ringing a bell wouldn't hurt, right? Jason's not dumb. "If you're wrong you have to let that kid go immediately," he warns. He rings the bell.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Church of Venus]

Venus hasn't been back here in a while, and yet everything still seems to be running normally.
Well, that's not completely accurate: about one-seventh of her has been here the whole time. After all, she did split off one of her faces and left it here. In the meantime, the church did run a literacy and language drive, focusing mainly on helping those who weren't gifted with the Nexus's auto-translation blessing, as well as getting more of HALO's book distributed. Several other activities, sermons, promises of blessings, donations, gifts of fairy food, and other things have happened, as well. Plus, a small colony of pixies showed up in the nature-filled yard.

Meanwhile, the seventh part of Venus has been holed up in the sealed-up and dark basement, letting things happen without her.

It's funny how, in spite of being the object of worship, how little she finds herself needed.

Sure, there's some comfort in feeling that the majority of her isn't here, but even a fairy nature spirit still gets lonely sometimes, you know?
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Last Known Address

"Like steering a vehicle? Or doing a puzzle? Since both of those seem to be more trouble than they're worth really." Raheeda points out. "I'd say most hard things aren't worth doing. Otherwise people would be doing them all the time, wouldn't they? 'Cause while I do hard things all the time, I only pick ones that do seem worth it. Not anything else."