Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

G'nichi carefully asks which mountain and is then on his way. Frankly he doesn't really need much more information than that. But he will inquire at the village elder, just in case. You never know what kind of edge you can get from being thorough.

He hopes he doesn't have to buy anything else, though.

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

"The big one ya idjet! Mount Faawful!" the old man replies, pointing to the very picturesque volcanic peak outside with its glistening glacial peak. "See that little part up there on the east face? The bit that sticks out? He's got a temple or a monastery or SOMETHING up there. Too far for my old knees."

Hmm.

That mountain is really big.

Climbing up there will be WAY harder than flying up there. And not by a little bit, either.

But then!

On to the village elder!

G'Nichi will find him carefully assembling a tiny boat inside a glass bottle.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[brackets lover] wrote: Oct 20, 2023 8:12 pm [Bumpy Flight]

Captain Holdin giggles at Fade, showing a very casual attitude. "Ah... I just got the zoomies and wanted to walk around :P" She pauses for a second. "Don't worry about it its fine ^w^ ," she assures Fade in a tone conveying a complete lack of concern.
[Bumpy Flight]

Still Fade shows no emotion. Well thats normal for him but maybe not for everyone.
"That confuses me." he says. "People in cars can't just step up they need to stop the car to take a walk" He takes a look outside where you can see that they are still move."It doesn't seem we stoped or had a place to anyway."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Necromancer's Vault

Indeed she is not, and it's quite likely that even if she were a Trismegistan sorceress, instead of a Jacquinite one, this variety of geomancy might be far from what she's used to.

That buzzing is rather unpleasant and a little worrying, however, so Elvyra gulps and reaches out with her Name, coiling it around every body and bone in reach- save the dead king's remains. "Raise" she commands, imbuing the Aspect into the dead so that hopefully she has an army, ready for whatever defences this vault's owner has prepared. If the bones are already animate, the Aspect won't take, as she can't Raise what has already risen.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Zefir wrote: Oct 21, 2023 7:26 am [Bumpy Flight]

Still Fade shows no emotion. Well thats normal for him but maybe not for everyone.
"That confuses me." he says. "People in cars can't just step up they need to stop the car to take a walk" He takes a look outside where you can see that they are still move."It doesn't seem we stoped or had a place to anyway."
"Eheh~ Actually, my co-pilots in the cockpit right now. Sorry for being coy >w<" She taps a finger against her cheek. "You should try thinking less. You're a lot less likely to get confused if you just don't care :P"
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Bumpy Flight]

"That also sounds wrong." he replies. as he looks back at her. He stands up next to her. "Caring less could causse harm to me. What if the plane get's out of controll because you are here? Or what if you don't return into the cockpit? If someone explains things properbly I won't get confused."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Necromancer's Vault]

When the aspect is employed a very interesting thing happens.

That buzzing suddenly pitches up into a screech as the geometric arrays suddenly begin to blister and burn, acrid black smoke rising from them. This in turn causes the fire sprinkler system to go off, water spraying all over the compound as alarms begin to blare.

The water is, just as it happens, blessed.

A strange thing for a necromancer's vault, certainly.

Also probably a bit irritating for the Vile Necromancer.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

G’nichi waits until the man has withdrawn his tweezers from the bottle because he really does not want to be That Guy today.
”Good afternoon, sir. Do you know anything about the gentleman who lives on the mountain?” he asks as politely as he can.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

No one should ever want to be That Guy.

Especially not when you're trying to gather information from a small village regarding MYSTERIOUS HAPPENINGS.

The elder looks up from his work and strokes his INCREDIBLY BUSHY MUSTACHE.

It seems as though this village is a place that appreciates good facial hair.

"Mmm... I believe I do, stranger," the elder replies. "But you look like the Adventurer sort to me. It wouldn't be becoming for me to just give you valuable information. I believe I can help you, but first you must help me."

Oh no.

This sounds like a side quest.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Necromancer's Vault

No, actually. Holy water makes sense, for a necromancer scared of their creations rebelling.

It's also irritating, as now the Vile Necromancer is cold, wet, slightly burnt, and the black salt cube may be dissolving. There is, however, one advantage to this. Jacquinite sorcery is derived from patterns in the Book of All Things, and therefore it's quite effective at countering miracles. Elvyra glares up at the sprinklers and starts to chant. "Light is bright and night is dark, fight the right and break the wrong. Bring the Light and raise it dark, I shall be there. When dark has risen and light has fallen, I will be victorious." With that, she pours out a curse into the falling water and sprinkler system, her sorcery striking at the blessing on the water to profane it and unbless it.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

G’nichi nods. Sidequests are matters of Grace importance.
”Well, I would also want to know about the best way to get up the mountain. If that is going to require two favors.” he responds with absolute sincerity.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Necromancer's Vault]

Or worried that someone might get into their vault and try to animate all the of priceless ancient remains there.

And yes, the black salt cube will begin dissolving. But since it is a pretty large cube of rock salt it will take quite a bit longer to dissolve than an equal volume of crushed salt in the same situation. Regardless of that, the curse is successful and the water pouring out of the little sprinklers on the ceiling is no longer blessed!

It is, however, still pretty cold water being fed from a glacial spring some distance away. So the cold and wet problems aren't solved.

But it's a start, right?

Maybe?

[Off to See the Seer]

"No no, I believe the one task will be sufficient," the elder replies, stroking his mustache. "There's a small band of brigands with a hideout about a mile outside the village. They're holed up in an old fort and they've been robbing travelers. I'm sure they're in the fort, but no one will go near the damned place! Those bastards are using some kind of trickery to make everyone think it's haunted. Scare them off, rough them up, I don't really care. Just ensure they aren't a problem for the village anymore. Do that and I'll give you some valuable information about the Seer."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

G’nichi squints and HMMMs for dramatic effect. But from the shrug of his wings and his nonchalant tone he didn’t actually have to think about it.
”Yeah sure. I’ll consider it my Paladin Deed of the Day. Where is this fort? I can put the fear of Bahamut into them.” He would very much like to not fight someone for once.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Necromancer's Vault

What kind of necromancer doesn't want to reanimate dead people? The lame kind, that's who.

The water is cold and that's not great, but now when the Vile Necromancer reaches out with her Name and commands the dead to "Raise", it should work. And then it's a matter of tucking the cube into her clothes so it's hopefully drier than holding it out and gathering the dead king's bones. Also, escape; so she's having the mummified thief climb back up the ladder to try opening the escape hatch. There should be a larger door somewhere, to get the bigger fossils inside, but for now just Elvyra and the bones getting out is the priority.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Necromancer's Vault]

This time?

This time it works.

There is a small problem, though. The bones are largely held together with metal pins and rods. Those that aren't are inside display cases. While this great wealth of bones has now be reanimated they are going to have a bit of trouble moving.

But!

It still worked!

That's something, right?

Meanwhile! One of the smaller undead heads back up the ladder and begins unlocking the hatch from the inside. This will be easier than doing so from the outside, but still not exactly a simple process.

[Off to See the Seer]

G'Nichi is provided with directions to the fort!

The only question that remains here is whether he's going to head out to the fort NOW or whether he's going to INVESTIGATE around the village some more first.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: Oct 06, 2023 2:18 am Japaraita
"I don't know if I want to swim that deep," Sekhmet admits. "My, uh, normal job is... Hey!" She is poked. Her hand tenses involuntarily. "What was that for!?" She's smiling and laughing, so she's probably not angry. With a flick of her tail, she slides into the water beside June. "I, uh, should thank you. This has all been a very enjoyable experience and, uh, I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't met you." Except for the part with the monsters.
Zefir wrote: Oct 09, 2023 7:22 am [Rlftline]

Escarlate? Well not that Zefir knows this but his player does now... that ecalated quickly... Bad pun end!

Zefir doesn't directly notice that she runs after leaving the car. From her sign she was just uncomfortable not scared.

Yeah, not that zefir expected some revelation like a demon or some rare races. He just tries to remember his face, not sure if he needs it. Then he sits back, waiting for the next action. Should the man try to follow her he might end up slipping on the floor, after all the storm poored in and things got slipery.
[Japaraita]

"No need to ever swim that deep if you don't want to," June says, reassuring Sekhmet. She adds, "To be honest, I don't really want to swim down that deep either: I heard there's giant squids and giant crabs and other giant animals down there. No way I can handle all of that."

The mermaid holds up an arm to stop herself from getting splashed as Sekhmet reenters the water. "I dunno, sometimes you just really need to poke someone," she explains. "It's not really something you can control. To poke, or not to poke, that's not even a question."

With both of them back in the water, June ends up lying on her back and staring up at the clouds. "Yeah! It was pretty fun. Much more fun doing it with someone else."

Monsters, of course, don't even come into the equation. But, again, June finds even facing monsters much more enjoyable when she's with someone else, too.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to get to the river and follow it down to see if I can find a sea witch next. What about you? Where's your vacation taking you next?" she asks; Sekhmet did mention she was on vacation, right?

[Riftline]

Bad puns always esca(r)late quickly. There's nothing that can reasonably be done to stop them.

To be honest, he really was reading the situation correctly. At the moment, it is a little more discomfort than fear at the moment; it's just that she's also aware that her bloodline makes her a prime target as both a cultist sacrifice and also an easy way for certain people to quickly gain power. And this already creepy stalker-like guy revealed to her that he's aware of this.

Violeta is aware that maybe this hooded guy is just a creep. But she's also not interested in being either a sacrifice or food, and she thinks this would be a good way to find out: If the person's just a creepy stalker, they'll probably just stay inside. If they're someone worse, they'll probably chase her out into the storm. At least, that's what she thinks they'll do.

And so, a few cars ahead, Violeta makes a show of fleeing outside, but once she's actually out, she moves alongside the train towards its back end, keeping herself low out of the view of all the windows. (Also, to protect herself from the wind.)

Meanwhile! Inside the train.

The man absolutely tries to follow her forward, trying to not lose sight of her.

And he slips.

Of course, the creepy cloaked man has no way of knowing what made it so slippery, so he just chalks it up to bad luck.

He swears loudly as he hits the ground.

But! That doesn't stop him, it only delays him. He gets back up and (much more slowly! He doesn't want to slip again) moves forward.

Unfortunately, he realizes that he did lose sight of her, thanks to him falling. He swears again. But, still confident he can find her again (there aren't that many foxgirls with exactly two tails), he presses forward.

Well, that's that. Violeta is trying to sneak out in the storm to the back of the train, the creepy cloaked guy is inside the train headed forward, trying to find her, and Zefir is seated at his seat, and everyone else on the train is waiting for the storm to pass and rescue to arrive.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

Well of course G'nichi is going NOW.
Today has been an eventful day and he doesn't have too much time to go around talking to everyone now that he has a sidequest to do. He has to head out right away.
Luckily, the fort isn't that far away nor is it hard to find. A one mile jog is nothing for G'nichi and especially around a sleepy village without even that much in the way of trees to obscure his destination. It's really just a walk past a few crop fields; his biggest problem is getting his feet dirty.
Now he just needs to scope out the place and figure out what these brigands are up to.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 16, 2023 12:54 pm Little Sattleborough

"That all? We got worms, no problem. How're they prepared?" But then the thinly-veiled threat, and the barman's eyes widen. "Right, OK. I'll get him. Uh, you girls want a drink with the chat? Slurm for the girl, or cola? Wait, no, I'll ask when he's back." The barman rushes off, powerwalking rather than jogging or running. But then, the distance isn't great, so it shouldn't take long.

"What's Slurm?" Samantha is curious, as it's not a drink she's had before.
[Little Sattleborough]

"You don't want to know. And while we're on the subject, never take Soylent Green if it's offered, either." Jubilee leans against the counter, idly flicking her thumb in an out of her fist, causing a tiny, candle-sized flame to wink in and out of existence over it. "But that's not important. You're about to meet your nephew. You may want to focus on what you're going to say to him."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

Sidequest time!

Finding the old fort sure isn't very difficult, a crumbling tower atop a ridge that look like a broken tooth jutting from a jaw. The sort of thing that ought to be removed before it gets infected. But, sadly, it is already infected.

With brigands.

Or so the village elder says.

As G'Nichi approaches the fort he'll feel a rather familiar sensation of creepiness. It's exactly the sort of thing he feels when one of the yeth-kids is sneaking up on him to spook him. But the elder said the ghosts aren't real, didn't he?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

Well, a spooky fort haunted by brigands living or dead is still something G'nichi cannot stand by (especially when he has been charged with removing them).
G'nichi draws his kris just in case someone tries shooting an arrow out of a murder hole and marches RIGHT UP to the door and begins loudly knocking on it with a taloned foot.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Japaraita
Sekhmet nods along. Sea monsters are even more reason not to swim deep, even if the primary one is that she doesn't like the cold dark.
"My sister lives in a town called Messing, north along the coast. I was planning to go that way next. I think I might swim there." She looks down at her lack-of-legs for emphasis. "Do you need help getting to the river?" she asks.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

G'Nichi goes striding up to the door-

WHEN SUDDENLY!

"OoooOOOOOoooOOOH!"

A luminous sheet phantom suddenly bounces down in front of him as if suspended on a rope!

It waves its arms and moans at him!

Spookily!

This is definitely very scary probably!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to see the Seer

"Sir I am going to have to ask you to desist. My house is literally haunted that isn't going to work on me." G'nichi says loudly, reaching out with his claws to grab hold off the phantom and give it a good tug. Maybe he can identify where it's being hung from.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Oct 24, 2023 11:29 am[Riftline]

Bad puns always esca(r)late quickly. There's nothing that can reasonably be done to stop them.

To be honest, he really was reading the situation correctly. At the moment, it is a little more discomfort than fear at the moment; it's just that she's also aware that her bloodline makes her a prime target as both a cultist sacrifice and also an easy way for certain people to quickly gain power. And this already creepy stalker-like guy revealed to her that he's aware of this.

Violeta is aware that maybe this hooded guy is just a creep. But she's also not interested in being either a sacrifice or food, and she thinks this would be a good way to find out: If the person's just a creepy stalker, they'll probably just stay inside. If they're someone worse, they'll probably chase her out into the storm. At least, that's what she thinks they'll do.

And so, a few cars ahead, Violeta makes a show of fleeing outside, but once she's actually out, she moves alongside the train towards its back end, keeping herself low out of the view of all the windows. (Also, to protect herself from the wind.)

Meanwhile! Inside the train.

The man absolutely tries to follow her forward, trying to not lose sight of her.

And he slips.

Of course, the creepy cloaked man has no way of knowing what made it so slippery, so he just chalks it up to bad luck.

He swears loudly as he hits the ground.

But! That doesn't stop him, it only delays him. He gets back up and (much more slowly! He doesn't want to slip again) moves forward.

Unfortunately, he realizes that he did lose sight of her, thanks to him falling. He swears again. But, still confident he can find her again (there aren't that many foxgirls with exactly two tails), he presses forward.

Well, that's that. Violeta is trying to sneak out in the storm to the back of the train, the creepy cloaked guy is inside the train headed forward, trying to find her, and Zefir is seated at his seat, and everyone else on the train is waiting for the storm to pass and rescue to arrive.
Riftline

Zefir could follow the guy, but what for? He has no reason so far.
What would he even do to this man? Violance is not the immediate option. After all he just looked at her and that made her uncomfortable. He didn't notice he told her something. The train is after all not that big so she shouldn't run into big trouble since there are other people everywhere. Unless she runs outside and tries to fight the guy there.

For now he can only starte outside and watch who moves in his part of the train.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Necromancer's Vault

Well, the way they're bound together is... not ideal. But most of them can't easily leave this place anyway, so Elvyra thinks it's best to just grab the dead king's bones and as many foot soldiers as she can and leg it before whoever built and stocked this place comes to investigate. They might not be as good at necromancy as the Damned, but the effort and resources that went into this are scary. The Vile Necromancer really doesn't want to find out who is better, not on ground they prepared.

Little Sattleborough

"Now I want to know what it is even more." Is muttered whilst Samantha and Jubilee wait, though Samantha's not trying to be heard.

There's a short break whilst Samantha's younger brother (not nephew; confusing family, I know) is fetched, the silence broken only by the incessant muttering and murmuring of the mummified head under its glass dome.

The barman will return with an older chap, in his mid-fifties. He's got all his fingers, but walks with a limp and leans on a mahogany walking-stick. He's wearing a white apron over a pair of jeans and a green t-shirt. He's balding, but hasn't let that stop him growing his greying blond hair long enough it brushes his shoulders, and he's got stubble on his face. The handle for a cleaver protrudes from the pouch in the apron. "So you're threatening my place of work with fire and claim it to be a family matter. What is it?"
"You lied about me to your daughter. You said I killed Arthur. I didn't, he sold me for a lifetime's supply of chocolate. The raksha killed him, and took me." Samantha frowns at Michael, who looks confused.
"What?"

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Little Sattleborough]

"Oh, right, you never actually met your big sister, did you?" Jubilee offers, giving Samantha's hair a little toss to emphasize the irony in her choice of words. "Well, now you have. I recently bought her freedom off the raksha in question and she mentioned wanting to come back home to see her family, but apparently she was kept in suspended animation in the intervening time and it's been a lot longer than it first appeared."

The witch shrugs leans against the bar, propping herself up on her elbows and continuing with all the casual air of someone musing over what drink to purchase. "Reunions like this don't happen often, I suggest you make the most of it."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

"NooooOOOOooOOo I am a ghoooost! Fear me!" the 'ghost' wails.

G'Nichi yanks it, discovering that it's suspended by a very thin but rather strong wire. Thin enough that it could be easily overlooked while someone is busy getting spooked by the 'ghost'.

Also?

Some luminous paint comes off the sheet onto G'Nichi's hand.

Hopefully it isn't radioactive or something.

Turning his eyes upward, it looks like it was dropped through a hole that's would typically be used to drop rocks on the heads of invaders. He'll be able to hear some swearing and scuffing boots on stone as the 'ghost' is abandoned. He could try heading through the gatehouse since the gate doors are a complete ruin. But maybe they would expect that? Or he could try climbing up through the murder hole.

Or perhaps he has another idea?

[Necromancer's Vault]

The remains of the dead king are completely unaffected even by the use of the Necromancer's Aspect. But they aren't already animated, either. Very odd. Several other skeletons in the display cases, however, can be freed relatively easily by smashing the glass. Or by commanding them to do so. Most of them are displayed with their ancient armor and weapons so that's a plus.

The Necromancer will be able to climb back up to the surface with about a dozen new skeletons following her AND the king's remains secured. Not bad, right? It looks like she's gotten clear without an issue.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Little Sattleborough

Samantha frowns as her hair's messed up, quickly patting it back into place. Jubilee has just discovered something Samantha really doesn't like, go her.

"I only repeated what Dad told me, the arsehole. I didn't know what happened to you, I was born two years after you'd gone. Mum didn't talk much about it, she missed... both of you, I think. Dad didn't want to memorialise you, he was very... patriarchal." Michael sighs, and slumps against the bar himself.
"I got one. Arthur hated persimmons, not that Dad cared. I'm not sure he had a sense of taste, he didn't enjoy eating." And never displayed food preferences.
"He didn't. Traded it to a raksha for poison immunity. Speaking of, what did you give up for my sister?" That's directed at Jubilee, he's curious. And the answer might reveal what kind of person he's dealing with, as if the arson threats weren't enough.

Necromancer's Vault

Elvyra de Tejedor wasn't trying to animate the dead king, so the stubbornness of those bones goes unremarked. For now, though, she's going to briefly stop at the smilodon. She's not using her Aspect on that, but instead trying to reverse-engineer the spell that animated it, and then recreate it so she can control it herself. She's created some more unique undead of her own, four-armed skeletons mostly, but one reanimated corpse in enchanted armour might count as well.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Off to See the Seer

G'nichi is blessed with MIGHTY GUNS and the ability to manipulate his body weight from qilin nonsense, but he's still wearing a full suit of armor. And while people may overestimate how much armor restricts movement, climbing a single rope with no handholds thirty feet up would be difficult.
So instead G'nichi simply gives the doors of the gatehouse a good kick, letting the ruined hinges give way. And then walks in, holding his knife casually.
That should give the brigands a scare far better than a sheet with glowing paint.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Off to See the Seer]

Something that should always be kept in mind about Skyrim bandits is that they are crazy.

Bandits by and large want to hit soft targets. If there are guards then hopefully they can take them down quickly and without a fuss via surprise, then it's just a matter of pillaging the merchants. So a full on HUGE DRAGON DUDE paladin? Who already knows they're there and is coming to cause them trouble? That isn't in their wheelhouse.

G'Nichi will hear some more panicked voices from above and boots hitting the floor as the bandits scramble away.

THEN DOOR KICKING!

Kicking the door triggers a large log on hinges attached to the ceiling on the other side to suddenly come swinging down to smash the heck out of G'Nichi.

Oh right.

People like this tend to set up traps, don't they?