Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Riverside

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

"I think that's just how kids are." Hiep shrugs. "Irrational and moody. Then again the kids I deal with at PREP are older."

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[MERC Offices]

"There's not going to be a passive solution to this problem. Anyone that wants to do something about Ilpholin will have to hit her directly. Likely not on her home turf." Kirk shrugs. "For now the most we can do is gather intel and develop a plan from there. It might be us, it might be someone else. The more active she gets the more enemies she'll make. Either way, it'll benefit us to have the intel." All the better of someone like Vigil decides it's there job to do something.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Too Many Visitors]
► SHOW SPOILER
Blanche watches the tyke leave with mild confusion for a moment, clearly thrown for a loop by all this. Strangeness aside, it's only fueled the sense of trepidation she's felt since seeing the strange group outside. There's a greater danger here than she realized, and Ilpholin might not even be the nastiest thing lying in wait here. Still, they can't just leave empty-handed... right?

"Well?" Blanche looks to Anika and Hiep. Her hand rests on the pistol at her hip as she scans for any watchers or ambushers in the area. "We going up?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Duh." Anika replies, somehow managing to not make it sound too rude.
Then she considers for just another moment. "Wait. Down. I think we're supposed to go down." Since that's the direction went the last time she was here... right? She suddenly feels unsure, it had been a while and it wasn't easy to tell what direction that thing was moving.

"Or I guess we'll just step inside it and see where it takes us. That's how it worked last time."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Nov 24, 2023 3:07 pm [MERC Offices]

"Banning a violent crazy person from somewhere is like banning weapons in a place you want to keep safe. You think a mass murderer is going to follow a city order?" Tina says. "The only way it'd mean anything is with a threat of force, but does any law enforcement in this city have the juice to take Ilpholin on?" The woman had seemed absurdly dangerous while fighting beside Tina and Anika.

"That's the scary thing. There might be people who cheer for this, too. Just because they want them gone," Fettina blanches. Well, as much as someone of her complexion can. She mostly just looks ashy and a little sick.
[MERC Offices]

Dena is already typing a message on her phone as Tina and Kirk continue the discussion.
It's evidently a short message though as she soon puts it away and turns to them.
"A trap. The best way to deal with her is a trap. And they way you lure someone into a trap is by appealing to their emotions. Making that stupid illogical part of their brain take charge."

She pauses.

"And I sent the message to Fayyaad by the way. I asked him to find someone else suitable and message me back. I'll give him more details then."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Sounds like a plan to me." Hiep won't admit it, but she's growing more unsure herself. She wasn't ready for the creatures outside or the child they just met.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

When they step on the elevator the trio will discover that it only goes down. The spider building, while imposing, isn't particularly tall. It does, however, run quite deep. The whole building is nine floors in total and the elevator takes them down to the seventh without even a prompt or a button push. They can enjoy their elevator music along the way though if they'd like.

On the seventh floor through a nearby door, they'll find Ilpholin actively training in one of the rooms dedicated to it. She's just finished thrusting a spear into a moving, high tech dummy that lights up and dings when she hits it. Anika may note that it's a little unusual for Ilpholin to be using a training spear instead of one of her arm weapons, but perhaps she doesn't want to wreck the dummy entirely. With a flick, she plants the end of the spear on the floor and turns towards the group. Her catsuit, an old favorite, hugs her curves extremely closely and leaves very little to the imagination, straining as it does to keep the swells and swoles contained. Her eyes run passively over the three woman, lingering on each for different reasons. "Welcome. Should I have some tea made? My apologies for Nahlrae. I shall have a long discussion with him later about not being rude." Another one.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

So she had remember it correctly!
"See? Told you so." Anika remarks as the elevator starts moving downwards. She couldn't recall this being the music the time she had gone down the shaft though. Had Ilpholin changed it when she fired the door voice guy?

Then they enter and the druid quickly takes the lead. She knew Ilpholin best after all.
"Whoa, that's some sweet-ass spear murder and some sweet ass. I had almost forgotten how good it looked in that suit." She turns to Hiep and Blanche. "Can you believe she was ever pregnant? I sure can't." She let's out a chuckle and turns back to Ilpholin.

"No tea for me, but don't worry about Nahlrae. He's just shy." Anika nods and smile.

Then she gestures with her thumb in the very general direction of hell's bent. "So there were some demon-people that got murdered over there. Were you, like, involved in that, Ilpholin?"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Anika. Focus." If it were any other person, Blanche might've been able to appreciate the way Ilpholin picks her outfits. But as things stand, it's only a brief and annoying distraction that she refuses to acknowledge.

When Ilpholin's eyes fall on her Blanche simply sets her jaw and stares back hard. Her posture is easy, but every muscle is tense and ready to pounce should Ilpholin force her to. She doesn't even answer about tea, which is truly bad manners.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

Daaaamn. Anika wasn't joking or exaggerating. The look-over Hiep gives Ilpholin isn't subtle, but internally the Sidereal curses her luck. Couldn't she have met Ilpholin before the mass murder incident? Mercury damn it.

"We also have some questions and information. But we'll get the other thing out of the way first. My name's Hiep. And thanks, but I'll pass on the tea for now."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

Fettina doesn't see any reason to disagree with the two drow, and she doesn't seem to have anything more to add. She just sort of breathes out and settles into herself a little when Dena says that it's done. She doesn't hit people on their own turf or set traps for human(oid) beings or fight mass murderers. This shit is not what she expected as a MERC. "So... Is that it? Anything else I can do?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 29, 2023 11:38 am [MERC Offices]

Dena is already typing a message on her phone as Tina and Kirk continue the discussion.
It's evidently a short message though as she soon puts it away and turns to them.
"A trap. The best way to deal with her is a trap. And they way you lure someone into a trap is by appealing to their emotions. Making that stupid illogical part of their brain take charge."

She pauses.

"And I sent the message to Fayyaad by the way. I asked him to find someone else suitable and message me back. I'll give him more details then."
Murkus wrote: Dec 01, 2023 10:05 pm [MERC Offices]

Fettina doesn't see any reason to disagree with the two drow, and she doesn't seem to have anything more to add. She just sort of breathes out and settles into herself a little when Dena says that it's done. She doesn't hit people on their own turf or set traps for human(oid) beings or fight mass murderers. This shit is not what she expected as a MERC. "So... Is that it? Anything else I can do?"
[MERC Offices]

Kirk's attention seems to shift toward Fettina again, though video communication is imperfect. "You've done plenty. Get some rest, okay? I'll come see you later." Kirk promises. Then he looks to the side. "I've got things to do here. Dena, we can discuss the finer details more alter once we have more intel. Sound good?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Hiep huh? I'm Ilpholin Xar'cha. Though that doesn't say much, does it? Are you a new Vigil recruit? Am I facing the Judge, Jury, and Executioner?" The trio can divvy up the roles however they'd like.

Ilpholin leans slightly with the spear, holding it like one might a pole, while maintaining a relaxed posture. "You're asking a question you already know the answer to. Which is to say, the wrong one. The correct question to ask is, 'Why wasn't Vigil?'"
Last edited by Reinholdt on Dec 02, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Offices]

Dena nods to Kirk. "Yeah, I think we can call it there as I need to catch up with everything that's been going on in my absence." The timing of that meeting couldn't have been worse. She would have to update her routines regarding meetings in the future. People shouldn't be afraid to bother her if something of this magnitude happened.

"See ya." Dena bids her co-director before signing off.

Then she turns to Tina. "And like he said, you should get some sleep or whatever you do to relax, Tina. Since I imagine that was a bit traumatic."

[Too Many Visitors]

Anika shuts up as soon as Blanche cuts her off. She wanted to point out that there had been a reason for the compliments but it looked like things were gonna be super-serious now so she takes a step back and gives the cat-girl an apologetic smile.

She's not even going to answer Ilpholin's question even if she actually had one in mind. Blanche was gonna do the talking now it looked like.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

"Alright Kirky. See you later," Fettina says, managing to muster a smile. She droops again, like a faded flower, when Kirk signs off. She gives Dena a bland, bleary look. "A bit traumatic." Her voice is sopping with sarcasm, but she tries not to let it turn too acidic. "Oh, Dena..." Fettina groans and puts her head in her hand. "I want to take somebody to bed. And then sleep for a week. I wanna drink until the dreams stop. Can you dig that? That's my idea of relaxing. But you two... you don't do trauma. You don't even seem to ever do relaxing." Fettina looks at the wall. "I wish I was like that."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Too Many Visitors]

"We're not your judge, jury or executioner, much as I'd like to be," Blanche snarls. "We were there to see what you and your people did, and we'll be here for you too soon enough. But right now, Anika has her own questions to ask of you."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

"I'm not affiliated with Vigil. Just cooperating with them right now." Anika clearly hoped it would go more smoothly, but Hiep can already see otherwise. "What we have to say does concern us all, though."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

Not affiliated, just contracted out. Sure. Ilpholin frowns slightly at Hiep before addressing Blanche and her overt threat that VIGIL would be coming for Ilpholin soon.

"You misunderstood my question. I didn't ask why Vigil was there helping the demons. I asked why Vigil wasn't there on the ground, helping me take care of the problem. I'm asking why Vigil has chosen to ignore the sudden rash of disappearances and missing persons in that area. I'm asking why Vigil condones them establishing multiple hellgates encroaching the Abyss directly into our world. I'm asking why Vigil, with its apathetic indolence, enables these demons to prey on the weak and desperate. To turn them- turn them into labrats for their twisted soul experiments, squeezing them dry and distributing them like a drug to snort."

Ilpholin hisses and swings the back end of her spear up, pointing the blunt side at Blanche. "But maybe I'm the dumb one asking questions I already know the answer to. There's not a Lolthdamned person in Vigil who isn't fucking sleeping with the enemy. I hope a night in their arms was worth your soul."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

And so Blanche was tossing the ball right back to her after Ilpholin just threw out all those accusations.

She was so not the right person to address this. Since how was she supposed to ask questions without addressing any of that?

"So... what was the problem exactly?" She glances at Blanche before her gaze returns to Ipholin again. Trying to ignore all thos examples Ilpholin cited. Since it wasn't like she could address any of them anyway.
Instead she points a thumb at the exalt next to her. "'Cause Hiep and I were just chilling out in a moon well when these demons calling themselves 'phyrexians' show up-" If this had been drawn, Anika's flashback would take the form of chibi Anika and Hiep in sunglasses with a NSFW icon in-between them as they're sexing it up.

At this part of the story Blanche's animefied face with a big sweat-drop coming from it is shown watching from afar but the catgirl suffers in silence.
Then a bunch of chibi phyrexians with angry expressions show up and a big cartoon fight cloud ensues.
The fight finishes with anime drawing of a tiny chibi phyrexian in a pope-hat being sent flying into the distance and chibi Anika and Hiep bro-fisting.

Then normal reality resumes. "-so I'm wondering if those phyrexians are involved in this somehow? Since I can't answer any of those, uh, other questions."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 04, 2023 3:38 pm [MERC Offices]

"Alright Kirky. See you later," Fettina says, managing to muster a smile. She droops again, like a faded flower, when Kirk signs off. She gives Dena a bland, bleary look. "A bit traumatic." Her voice is sopping with sarcasm, but she tries not to let it turn too acidic. "Oh, Dena..." Fettina groans and puts her head in her hand. "I want to take somebody to bed. And then sleep for a week. I wanna drink until the dreams stop. Can you dig that? That's my idea of relaxing. But you two... you don't do trauma. You don't even seem to ever do relaxing." Fettina looks at the wall. "I wish I was like that."
[MERC Offices]

Dena's eyebrows raise as she hears the angel's lamentations and she crosses her hands over her chest. "Geez, please don't say that, Tina. Since the only reason for that is that we're already worn down. Like stone pillars in a desert, we've been blown on so much there's just stumps left." She gestures at her friend. "If you ever feel stuff, even if its bad, consider it a sign of health. 'Cause the harder it is to feel the bad stuff the harder it is to feel the good stuff too. It breaks you down slowly but surely. Since the only thing worse than a bad feeling is not feeling anything at all."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

Fettina winces. "Sorry. Maybe that was insensitive." She looks at her feet. "It's just hard to be grateful for feelings right now. You know what I'm saying?"

"That's not all true for you, though. Is it? You're tough, sure. I don't know, worn down and hard, maybe. But you still feel things. Right?" Fettina looks at Dena, her eyes wide and trying to exude empathy. She smiles a little. "Sure, I know you do."

"Maybe you need a break just as much as I do."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Too Many Visitors]

The sudden list of very serious threats Vigil's failed to catch throws Blanche for a loop. The grim shadow in her expression flickers. Hellgates? Warping souls into drugs? What the hell was she talking about? It would be a good opening for Ilpholin to pry a wedge... or at least, it would be until the final accusation strikes. The catgirl makes a face as if she's been slapped with a wet trout.

"I -What? You think I was there so I could get my rocks off?!" She explodes with fury. "No. I was there because I knew just what you'd be trying to pull. Because I know just what kind of person you are! A killer and a murderer, the kind of woman who drinks the blood of innocents and calls it righteous! A monster who executes indiscriminately without remorse, without diligence and without care. Lives mean nothing to you." Blanche lurches forward, canines bared and fists ready to swing.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 17, 2023 4:07 pm [Pleasant Walks]

"Oh, that's cool, so you're like a buncha scientists and engineers and stuff making cool inventions?" Khannie surmises.

Like mad science under the sea!

Except...

Not MAD science.

Friendly, calm science?

That's definitely a break from the usual.

"I'm not really a scientist, though," Khannie admits. "I've been training in Action! Archeology so that's I guess kinda sciency but more like history instead of making things. When I'm not doing school stuff I mostly help out at Glog."

Which she is really good at!

She's been told as much by Glog's senior bab-wranglers.

A few moments pass. And then! An idea occurs to Khannie! "Hey, are there any food trucks that sell Paldean food that you know about? 'cuz most of the ones I've seen around Inside sell something that's basically a grilled cheese sandwich but SUPER good."

Oh no.

Khannie is going to try to introduce Fel to her absurdly spicy food preferences.
Felandria thinks for a moment.

Well, I’m not sure, actually, but there’s always different trucks showing up, so there might be some when we get there!

And archaeology is certainly something HALO would study.
Last edited by Felandria on Dec 07, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

Hiep will try to step in front of Blanche, to prevent violence from breaking out. She hopes Anika will hold her back, because she'd rather not have to do it herself. Anika knows Blanche well, whereas Hiep just met her. Not that Hiep can blame Blanche. Ilpholin is going for pretty low blows. As she moves, she tosses the front of her poncho over her shoulder, exposing her tattooed arms, raised in a gesture she hopes is conciliatory.

"Look, this isn't getting us anywhere. I'm not in Vigil and I wasn't there in Hell Bend, but right now it seems we have information that's of interest to us all. So let's dissect it and then maybe pick a place to beat each other up."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 05, 2023 11:32 pm [MERC Offices]

Fettina winces. "Sorry. Maybe that was insensitive." She looks at her feet. "It's just hard to be grateful for feelings right now. You know what I'm saying?"

"That's not all true for you, though. Is it? You're tough, sure. I don't know, worn down and hard, maybe. But you still feel things. Right?" Fettina looks at Dena, her eyes wide and trying to exude empathy. She smiles a little. "Sure, I know you do."

"Maybe you need a break just as much as I do."
[MERC Offices]

"Nope, I'm a completely unfeeling monster now." Dena jokes with matching smile. "A great void waiting to be filled. But a break you say? I'm not sure. I had one more than a year ago." When she was pregnant, something she doesn't want to talk about. "What if I go soft? Great angel you are tempting me to sin like that." Dena is exaggerating as she does take shorter breaks during the holidays, though she does still work a lot.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

The synthetic skin Ilpholin has suffers from an unnaturally pale sheen, so when Anika speaks and it noticeably blanches, the change is both subtle and stark. A look of utter disappointment and despair crosses Ilpholin's face. "You- you really don't see the problem with that?" Neither did Hiep it seemed, all too eager to ignore this until she got what she came here for. Ilpholin knew the moon well mattered a great deal to Anika but to get just completely blown off to discuss that instead is too disheartening. What was Anika even asking in between her flurry of hand motions and half-kicks?

Ilpholin's eyes narrow slightly as Blanche approaches, spear tilting downwards in preparation to sweep the catgirl's legs out from under her. It never comes to that with Hiep moving in between the two and the nymph pulls the weapon back into a vertical orientation. "You don't know me." Ilpholin looks at the ground for a second. "You don't know anything about me." She turns her back to the group and steps back towards the dummy she was fighting, half-heartedly thrusting into it. "And you don't know anything about the demons you're protecting."

Ilpholin continues tiredly training alone in awkward silence.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

Anika will step in Blanche's way, holding up her arm to keep the catgirl back as she stares at Ilpholin. Suddenly frowning as she sees the nymph's dismissal of her story.
They were beating up demons! How could Ilpholin of all people see something wrong with that?

Then it finally hits her, all those little clues suddenly falling into place.

She looks to Hiep, the exalt giving her an idea how to put all this together.

“You’re absolutely right, Hiep. I didn’t want to do this but it’s time to dissect this and get the truth out.” She wasn’t sure what ‘dissect’ meant but she knew it was related to saying smart stuff and that’s exactly what she was about to lay down.
Taking out what first seems like a piece of paper unfolds into an entire map of taped together sheets that Anika presses up against Ilpholin’s wall while pulling Blanche along with her. “Give me a moment, okay? Just trust me on this.” She tells the catgirl before using more of the same tape to make sure that her map is staying up.

At first glance it looks like a mind map, with words being connected by lines, all clearly drawn by Anika’s squiggly writing. Words and lines have been erased and redrawn so many times but they might get the feeling that this is just the latest map of many. Since to those that have seen one another word might soon come to mind.

Conspiracy board.

Anika points at the middle of the map where she has written RIVERSIDE INVASION.

“It all ties back to here. Despite having all that demon-stuff, AMEN on their side, all those armies, the demons retreat. But why?”

She turns to the rest of the group like a teacher, meeting their gazes one by one. “We gave them a good beating yet they were hardly out of the fight yet. Well, I think they already had what they came for. Like a snake they bit us and then retreated back just waiting for us to die by their venom.”

She gestures at one of the words closest to the middle, C-COMMAND and from there another line ties it together to JEZEBEL - AGENT. “Jezebel might have been an agent to them already or if she became at the battle but I know that she’s changed since then. So if she wasn’t already they captured and corrupted her in the middle of the fight. Then she went to manipulate C-command, possibly even corrupting her too. I’m not sure yet.”

The druid points to the next inner word. WENOMIR with a line leading to CASS - CEMON? “Few know this but Cass was also at the Riverside invasion. They weren’t even together before the battle but I think Cass also got captured and corrupted with the goal to seduce Wenomir and do the same thing to him as to C-command. Since they too changed a lot since the invasion, just like with Jezebel. A clear sign of sneaky corruption.” The druid pauses and clears her voice and turns to the others once more.

“Seeing a pattern yet? The demons identified who their greatest opponents were during the invasion and if they couldn’t beat them in combat they could beat them from within. They didn’t turn them into demons since that we’d detect right away. They used demon steel-magic to mess with their minds. Probably by putting it in their heads like they did to those other people.”

Anika then takes a deep breath. “But this is what I missed. Their greatest foe.” Her finger hesitantly gestures to a name that’s on the outer edge of the conspiracy board. ILLPHOLIN.

She turns to the nymph. “Since you got captured too, didn’t you? Then you came back and started to change. The black eyes, your skin, the-” She waves her hand in Ilpholins direction as she’s trying to come up with a term. “-new goblin-magic stuff, 'Tauron'? It all fits together. You might not believe it but I don’t think Cass or Jezebel does it either. ‘Cause you’re all sleeper agents, see? Your memories are all messed up ‘cause they messed with your minds. All these decisions you’ve made lately, it’s them trying to cause fights among ourselves. But you gotta fight it, Ilpholin. You can’t let the demons manipulate you like this.”
Anika gestures to Ilpholin. "I mean come on, you saw the goat-demon at the demon concert. She had black eyes, you got black eyes now... it's pretty obvious."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 08, 2023 12:49 am [MERC Offices]

"Nope, I'm a completely unfeeling monster now." Dena jokes with matching smile. "A great void waiting to be filled. But a break you say? I'm not sure. I had one more than a year ago." When she was pregnant, something she doesn't want to talk about. "What if I go soft? Great angel you are tempting me to sin like that." Dena is exaggerating as she does take shorter breaks during the holidays, though she does still work a lot.
[MERC Offices]

"You talk like a corpo! You know, there are lots of studies that show regular breaks and rest improve your productivity. I'm just the angel of common sense. Helping you be all you can be." Fettina gets up and sets her hand on Dena's desk, leaning her hip against it after a moment. "Come ooon. There must be something you've been dying to do. Or maybe nothing. Nothing sounds fiiine right now."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Offices]

Dena's eyebrows raise at the 'corpo' comment. "Tina, I'm one of the heads of a company and spend like at least fifty percent of my time in a suit. I think the 'not be a corpo' boat sailed a long time ago." She remarks as she leans back in her chair, putting her hands behind her snake-infested head.

"Besides, I've been working most of my life. Relaxing just doesn't come naturally to me anymore unless it involves sex or something. But that's just MERC's work environment for you. Think our members have forgotten that there are other ways to let out steam. Fayyaad is practically obsessed with me at this point." She puts her feet on her desk revealing the fact she's been barefoot this entire time, her toes lightly touching Tina's hand.

"Maybe I should introduce yoga or some shit like that so we don't get a reputation." The gorgon smiles. "But you're a angel of chastity aren't ya'? Maybe you should do something about it." She extends her hands as if to frame Tina in a movie poster with her fingers. "Like a big crusade against workplace sex." Dena waggles her eyebrows. "Eh? Eh?"
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

Fettina blows air through her lips. "MERC's not the kind of corporation I was thinkin. And we're definitely not like any I've ever seen." If they were, she probably wouldn't be working with them.

"You're not really helping your defense here, you know." She smirks at Dena's bare feet, lightly putting her hand on the gorgon's ankle. "See these? Barefoot under the desk? That's a cry for help."

Fettina pulls her hand back when she's 'framed', using it to cover her giggle instead. "Oh, yeah, that's me. The great sex stopper." She looks at Dena with weary but lazily amused eyes. "I guess if I did that, I could monopolize all your attention, at least."

Then, a little more timidly, Fettina adds, "You know, if that's the only way you relax, these days, I could still help..." The angel is hesitant. It isn't as though she's ever going to blurt out 'hey, I need some attention'; this is probably as close as she's going to get.