Home

Personal homes and private lots.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by bc56 »

A Succubus Problem
Sekhmet yanks her hand away abruptly. She's not donating more essence to Trick's apparent madness. She looks at Sophie. She's the one with supernatural powers of persuasion here, and the one who knows Trick better. She's much more likely to calm Trick down than Sekhmet... But presumably she's already failed. "Alright, just be gentle." Sekhmet reextends her hand. When Trick attempts an essence tap, she'll try to take advantage of that connection to link to her own essence already inside Trick.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[A Succubus Problem]

"Just relax, Sekhmet knows what she's doing. It's always better to have an expert's opinion to start with."

All true, but spoken in order to lower Trick's guard. If Sekhmet can wrestle control over the essence, this could all be over quickly... or so Sophie hopes.

[The House of the Rising Moon]

"There's no story behind it, I'm afraid. I simply bought it from a small nearby brewer." Askeladd leads Krayger to a side-room where he procures a bottle of mead and two glasses. "I bought it not knowing if I'd have anyone to share it with. Maybe hoping I would. Let us drink on the balcony overlooking the lake."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[A Succubus Problem]

Trick... falls for it. In her mania, she's not thinking things through; if she was, she might have recognized that this is a trap immediately. Instead, she just accepts that her friend and wife want to help her. They always would, after all!

Sekhmet is, of course, extremely powerful, experienced with what she's attempting to do. Trick is monstrously slippery, in mind and spirit, and the moment she realizes what's going on, she starts trying to retaliate metaphysically, shaping her power into a kind of spiked ball that'll hurt Sekhmet to interact with.

But she's still mortal, at the end of the day. And Sekhmet just... isn't that limited.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Dec 03, 2023 3:45 pm

"There's no story behind it, I'm afraid. I simply bought it from a small nearby brewer." Askeladd leads Krayger to a side-room where he procures a bottle of mead and two glasses. "I bought it not knowing if I'd have anyone to share it with. Maybe hoping I would. Let us drink on the balcony overlooking the lake."
The House of the Rising Moon

"Didn't expect an elaborate story, just asking if it was from somewhere nice." Krayger takes a glass and steps towards the door Askeladd is gesturing at.
"It's quite a nice lake. Do anything with it? It would be a shame if it's the type you can't swim in." Though Krayger's not the best swimmer. He's quite heavy.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Not just yet, but it is perfectly safe to swim in. Perhaps later I can think of more to do with it." Askeladd will lead Krayger to the balcony, which is rather sparse for now. The view stretches out over the small, serene lake and the towering trees that surround it. It feels like a forest-castle overlooking its domain. Which, in a way, maybe it is. Askeladd will pour each of them a glass of mead and, somewhat hesitantly, take Krayger's hand as they drink it.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

A Succubus Problem
Sekhmet is insanely powerful, but she's not skillful. She relies entirely on brute magical strength. On the other hand, Trick is both quite powerful and quite clever.
Sekhmet's strength seems to win the day... But she knows that pulling demonic essence out of someone when they're resisting will hurt them, possibly seriously. And she hesitates. And that's enough of an opening for Trick to seize a handful of essence, much more than the first time, before Sekhmet breaks off the connection.
The element of surprise has been lost.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The House of the Rising Moon

”Perhaps you could get a nice rowboat for crossing it? I admit I don’t really know anything about fishing.” In all his years living alone, he could count the number of fish he’s caught with one hand. And he has less fingers than Askeladd.

”…it’s nice.” he says finally as he sips the mead.
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Morty wrote: Nov 28, 2023 7:36 pm [Fayyaad's Place]

"I don't know, and that's what makes me spin round and round." Fayyaad makes a rather dramatic gesture with his free hand. "I do like her, obviously. She's open-minded, witty, bold... she doesn't judge. But love? That's a big word, isn't it?"
[Fayyaad's Place]

"I understand," says Cass, nodding slowly. "It took me a long time to get used to it, the first time I was in love. And the second time, too. Honestly sometimes I still have difficulty thinking about it."

Cass smiles slightly, then gives Fayyaad a critical eye.

"So say you don't love her then. Does anything have to change right away? You can still see each other, just... be honest with with her about how you feel. If she does love you, you can tell her that you're not in the same place yet. If she's open-minded as you say, she'll understand, hopefully. And over time, feelings can change. Hers or yours."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Fayyaad's Place]

"Yes... you're right. I just need to be honest instead of pretending I didn't hear what she tried to tell me." It's what Fayyaad was already leaning towards, but as is often the case, hearing it said by someone else helped him decide. There is, however, something else Cass said that interests him greatly. "But hang on now. You fell in love? Who was lucky enough to capture your heart?"
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[Fayyaad's place]

Cass gives Fayyaad a blank look for a moment, before realization starts to hit him and he blushes slightly.

"Well... Perhaps it was hasty of me to say so. Things are... complicated," says Cass, blushing slightly deeper from the obviousness of his backpedalling.

"Complicated both personally and professionally, that is, so I appreciate your keeping it in confidence. But the commander of Vigil have become, uh, close."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Fayyaad's place]

Fayyaad's surprised expression turns into a jovial grin.

"Well, well, well. The commander of Vigil? As ever, I can't fault your taste. His body was sculpted by a god." He makes an exaggerated flourish. "I see how it would be complicated, but I'm still impressed you found a way to thaw his heart. I don't think I've ever seen him smile."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Around a week after the binding, Dulcinea arrives at Reilana's place once more to catch up and talk. She's only recently out of the hospital, and the muscle of her leg continues to heal - which is why she's in a wheelchair rather than using her usual cane today. She rings the doorbell and politely folds her hands as she waits.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

After a moment of waiting, the door opens to Tamawhetu. "Oh, Dulcie. You should have called ahead. Please, come in." He steps aside to give her space. "Do you need any help?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Afternoon, Tamawhetu! Sorry - I was just hoping to visit Reilana, so I didn't want to impose on you. It's good to see you." Dulcinea speaks genuinely as she wheels herself in. It's been a while since she had to use one of these, but the motions come easily. His offer is deflected with a slightly awkward laugh and a bright smile. "I'm quite alright so far, don't worry! I can handle myself."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Of course, of course. I won't be overbearing, but do let me know if you need anything." Tamawhetu closes the door behind her. He looks at her with an expression that's hard to read, like he's still processing something about the whole situation with her and Reilana.

"You know that Kahurangi is still grounded." He remarks. "Not that I relish keeping you two apart, but there has to be some consequences."
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

It's very difficult to say definitive things about the Mother of Magic's realm. The tower at its heart is pretty distinct, but how large it is or even what time of day it is can get pretty fuzzy. Anora has observed near-constantly that it always seems to have anything she needs it to have, as long as that isn't more people.

Today, she found out it has pools. One huge pool that cascades into a series of small but equally warm and pleasant pools which is probably symbolic or something but she's not really worrying about it.
Anora also found out she owns a swimsuit. It's more revealing than she'd like, but per her request her Mother had provided her clothes that were at least a little modest. So it could be worse. And a towel is a towel so she doesn't need to have a talk about those. For now she rests in the large pool, trying to relax and just get used to...all this.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
Anora is not alone today. She's accompanied by her sister, but Helen, always seeming to have boundless energy, is not content to just soak. The summer sister has spent the last half hour swimming laps across the big pool. Now she's taking a brief rest.
Her own swimsuit is no more modest than Anora's, but she doesn't have as much to reveal.
"You all right? You've been pretty quiet," Helen treads water nearby her sister
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

Anora glances over at Helen. They're sisters, though they don't look that much alike aside from their hair and skin tone.
"Well. I can't help but remember your face when you first saw me as not-a-bear."
Anora flushes, which is very obvious with her pale complexion.
"Do you um. Think I look stupid? Because Mother basically she said she finds my look 'cute but hilarious.'"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
Helen sighs. Anora is remembering that raised eyebrow of "wait, really?" from earlier. The fact that Anora didn't look real, she looked like she'd stepped out of someone's dream.
But saying all that won't be helpful. "Don't worry. You look great. I was just suspicious of everything that happened on that first day. It was... A lot to take in," she lies. Not about Anora looking great (she does), but about the rest of it. "I wouldn't worry about the things Mom says. She doesn't think the same way we do."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

Anora frowns. "You sure? You look like you have something on your mind. Was the first day weird for you too? I mean I guess everything did happen at once. And Mother just...makes you feel like a little kid no matter what you do." Somehow finding out that she's also a bear-slash-bearperson and sisters with a sorceress-slash-horse-slash-centauress wasn't as odd as how her Mother just can just say a single thing and suddenly Anora feels like a ten year old.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
"It's a big change. I've had a lot to adjust to," Not just becoming a horse/centaur (which is so fun) and getting a whole new suite of magic, but also becoming female and most significantly, 70 years younger, was a lot to process, and that's not getting into suddenly having a family again. Helen feels really alive for the first time in decades, and it's somewhat overwhelming. But her long previous life taught her to be wary as well, so she's kept an eye out for a hidden cost to all these good things.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

"So I have to ask...did you call Mother on purpose? I'll be perfectly honest, until she offered her help I didn't have any talent in magic. Somehow I tried to summon something small and reasonable and she invited herself into my summoning circle." Anora is starting to feel comfortable enough around Helen to admit personal failings, which is a good sign.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
"She... I don't exactly like that. Whether or not you're better off now, that's a nasty trick," Helen isn't comfortable with the idea that her Mother would adopt people who aren't seeking it. "I did seek her out. I wanted to be reborn, but I didn't entirely know what I was asking for," she admits. She doesn't explain what she means.
"I don't really like dealing with summoned beings, but invoking Mother was important."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Aftermaths and Futures]

Dulcinea notes the expression pretty readily, tilting her head in response. "Oh, of course! I understand the need for such things, make no mistake. I'm simply here to talk to her about important life matters, no plans for dates or anything like that yet." She raises her hands to emphasize. "I would never breach your boundaries otherwise."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

"I mean, it's not so bad. Mother has been training me to deal with summoned creatures more properly. I have to know how to do it, especially when it's so easy for me now. I don't even really need a summoning circle anymore." Anora finally smiles at her little boast. If nothing else, being excessively magic has given her a good degree of confidence.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
"Without a circle? That can't possibly be safe." Circles exist to protect the summoner from the creature they called.
Even beings as powerful as they are need to follow proper safety procedures to avoid unexpected threats.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

"I mean it's not that I was GOING to. But I know some summoners are trained for that. They just call in spirits or whatever to help them in fights and stuff. I could maybe manage that. But those are special spirits that you control."
Anora ponders, leaning back in the water.
"And I don't know, it's kind of hard to not think about the fact that we now have a goddess who might just show up if we flex a little power and yell 'Mother I need you!'"

There's a soft glow around Anora and a feminine shape immediately emerges from the water beside her. She looks very much like an older version of Anora. She looks like a middle-aged mother with more weight to her and even more curves. And yet what she's wearing is more of a copy of what Helen is wearing.
"Hello! Did someone call?" giggles the woman, moving her braid to her other shoulder. Anora is stunned, that's for sure. "You- you're-"
"I am the Weaver of Worlds, though yes, I've taken the look of a you that could be. Bit of a tradition. But anyway, I heard there were new daughters here and I did have to make a trip. Sorry it took me a few days. Your mother and I are, ahem. Close. So that makes us family too!"

Anora is gently grabbed and pressed against the woman in a hug, a look of absolute bafflement on her face.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
"What? Did you really just..." Did Anora summon this Weaver by accident? Also taking Anora's appearance, even an altered appearance, is kinda creepy.
Clothing-wise, Helen isn't wearing much different from Anora so the WoW isn't either. "So... Why are you here?" Helen cautiously asks. She's nervous around this being. Any powerful entity that shows up uninvited should be viewed with suspicion.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Mother's Sanctum

"I'm here because your mother gave me the keys to the place and a standing offer to visit any time I wanted, and I wanted to see her new daughters." She looks between the two appraisingly, finally releasing Anora.
"She hasn't lost her touch I see. You, dear, are doing quite well I think." she says to Helen.
"Though I think your sister would feel better if you resembled her a bit more. You, though. Hm. I think your mother gave you what you needed, but not necessarily what you wanted. I can maybe help with that. Without taking away her precious gift, of course. We work on projects together all the time."
Anora certainly seems confused.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Mother's Sanctum
Well that answer's... Hard to argue with.
But this "Weaver" is even more cryptic than Mother.
"What is that supposed to mean?" Helen questions. "Anora, what does she mean? Is there something wrong with how I look?" And what's the part about Anora having what she needs but not what she wants? That sounds like Anora's mystery to unravel though, Helen isn't sure what Anora wants.