Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Riverside

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Offices]

"Cry for help? I just like setting them free on occasion. Since y'know that wearing shoes for too long is unhealthy for them right? Common dancer knowledge." Dena nods and wiggles her toes.

"But you want me to focus all my attention on you, are you? Seems like there's a lot of competition for that these days. Kirk, Fayyaad..." She eyes Tina and smiles. "So how are you gonna help? What can you offer me, eh?" Her question is playful, teasing. Really seeming to be in a lot better mood than just a few minutes ago.

Tags:
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

Damn. Her appeal didn't work. She never was very good at negotiating and Ilpholin is obviously set in her ways. A lot of history here, too. This is a lot of long-term pressure boiling over. Guess there's nothing to do but-

Hiep's train of thought is interrupted by Anika's conspiracy board. The Sidereal is left completely dumbstruck, words failing her for once in her life. She has never heard of any of these people and wasn't here for the Riverside invasion. What she does know is that Anika just called Ilpholin a demon sleeper agent, so she readies herself for an inevitable outbreak of violence.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Too Many Visitors]

Blanche had been expecting a fire in response. Righteous indignation. Fury. Anger to match her own. What she hadn't expected was for Ilpholin to close herself off. And what she certainly hadn't expected was for Anika to rush forward and unfold a giant conspiracy board. All of her bluster drains out as she watches her partner expand on her grand theory. "I - Anika... what?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

It seems Hiep and Blanche haven't spent as much time with Anika as Ilpholin believed, more prepared for the Night Elf's turn of logic than either of them. This was very much a normal day with Anika. It was pretty impressive she managed to carry around that map so carefully taped together without it falling apart though.

Ilpholin continues her steps, thrust, thrust, parry, step, thrust. "I have already spent many hours considering the possibility back when you rescued Ilfauxlin from AMEN. I couldn't legitimately disprove it back then, so I've endeavored to make it their greatest mistake if it was true. Considering that I managed to capture their plinth and am one step away from defeating Sargon and his entire army for good, I think we can safely rule me out from being a demon sleeper agent."

A pause, a step, a thrust, and she half-heartedly continues. "The changes you mentioned are because I've been compleated. The process one goes through to become a Phyrexian. Who aren't demons by the way. They're very much against the demons."
► SHOW SPOILER
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Felandria wrote: Dec 07, 2023 6:08 pm Felandria thinks for a moment.

Well, I’m not sure, actually, but there’s always different trucks showing up, so there might be some when we get there!

And archaeology is certainly something HALO would study.

"Well, I'll keep an eye our for 'em then. If you haven't ever had a torta before you should definitely try one,"
Khannie says with firm conviction.

Khannie always asks for extra peppers for hers.

If it isn't make your nose run and your mouth burn then it isn't REAL food.

But! There's something else Fel said that puzzles her a little. "What do you mean, would study? Engineering and archeology are pretty different things."

One's about discovering OLD history and the other's about making NEW history.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

Anika holds up her index-finger to Blanche, just one more minute!

Then she turns to address Ilpholin again. "I considered that too, but the demons have been super-quiet ever since the invasion-" The druid looks down at the floor for a moment as her thoughts seems to catch up with her. Causing a sudden realization. "Wait, the phyrsexians aren't demons? How can you be so sure about that?" Her looong eyebrows raises. "Do you have a demon detector? Since I'd love to have that. When I try to detect demons I have to go by vibes alone and attacking me in a moon well while I'm naked is like on the top of the list of bad vibes." She holds up her hand as if to show the top stage on a long list.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 10, 2023 1:26 am [MERC Offices]

"Cry for help? I just like setting them free on occasion. Since y'know that wearing shoes for too long is unhealthy for them right? Common dancer knowledge." Dena nods and wiggles her toes.

"But you want me to focus all my attention on you, are you? Seems like there's a lot of competition for that these days. Kirk, Fayyaad..." She eyes Tina and smiles. "So how are you gonna help? What can you offer me, eh?" Her question is playful, teasing. Really seeming to be in a lot better mood than just a few minutes ago.
[MERC Offices]

"All the dancers I knew back in the day wore heels while they did it, but I don't think we went to the same school," Tina says, fixing Dena with a playful grin. Pleased to be talking about something, anything else. "And well, I guess there's that. You've, uh, danced for me." God, Tina wasn't going to forget that any time soon. "Don't think I have for you, though. At least, not much. Of course, Fayyaad dances, I guess, so..." Damn, he's probably better at it, too.

"I dunno. Do many other girls you know wanna lay around, watch old movies, and eat brownies?" She leans on Dena's legs. "Cuz we ain't done that in a while. I sort of miss it." She smirks. "Not the sexiest thing. But hey."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

It's a sunny day in Eastside as a Skyla waits at the steps of Edutainment Cinemas. The redhead taps her foot impatiently, scanning the street for her date. Surely she's not gonna be stood up for this?
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 14, 2023 12:46 am [MERC Offices]

"All the dancers I knew back in the day wore heels while they did it, but I don't think we went to the same school," Tina says, fixing Dena with a playful grin. Pleased to be talking about something, anything else. "And well, I guess there's that. You've, uh, danced for me." God, Tina wasn't going to forget that any time soon. "Don't think I have for you, though. At least, not much. Of course, Fayyaad dances, I guess, so..." Damn, he's probably better at it, too.

"I dunno. Do many other girls you know wanna lay around, watch old movies, and eat brownies?" She leans on Dena's legs. "Cuz we ain't done that in a while. I sort of miss it." She smirks. "Not the sexiest thing. But hey."
[MERC Offices]

Dena tilts her head. "They danced in heels? Ancestors below. I get shoes, but heels? I've only seen dudes dance in that and that was for y'know traditional reasons." She makes a circular motion with her hand.
"But hey, if you wanna do that, sure. Though keep in mind that none of those movies are actually 'old' to me." A beat. "Not sure we can do that right now though. 'Cause I don't have a tv up here. All I got is couch and a bed. The tv's downstairs."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

Hiep has a strange feeling of a piece in a puzzle falling into place - a puzzle she didn't know was there.

"You don't look very much like the creatures that attacked the moon well. But if you were altered... I'm guessing phyrexians come in all shapes." She puts her hands on her hips. Is this going to end in a fight? Possibly, but she gets the vague impression Ilpholin isn't necessarily on the side of the small creature she kicked in the head. "Interrupting our private time was rude for sure, but not everything that's bad news is a demon. Demons themselves seem to have a wide list of definitions here."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Bird Watching]

Skyla doesn't have to worry, she's not being stood up. Atsede is on the way! Just not particularly hastily, despite the circumstances.

The changeling finally rounds the corner, hands shoved in her jacket's pockets. She looks up, and spotting Skyla, gives a lazy wave as she casually makes her way over.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

Skyla buries her scowl behind a bright smile when she sees Atsede. ”Hey!” she waves. “You’re late!”
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Bird Watching]

"Not that late." Atsede shrugs nonchalantly. "Besides, we'll probably just miss the ads at most. You know how cinemas are."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

"Ehh, well - you're lucky I grabbed us some snacks first, cuz otherwise you'd be famished by minute thirty." Skyla lifts up a couple bags of candy in one hand and a bottle of soda in the other, flashing a cheeky lil grin. "Shall we?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Considering your job is to protect the moon wells and you're always naked in them, the chances of you being naked when attacked is abnormally high," Ilpholin points out. Something for Anika to consider.

"No. Because I am one. And yes. It's called silver, remember? Glows in the presence of demons. Get yourself a pure silver amulet and wear it all the time and you'll know when demons are attacking your naked moonwell vacation spot." She might have to leave the amulet on while she's swimming though and that's just such a hassle.

"Phyrexians have factions of their own. I can't say who attacked you or why. Nor do I think I care," Ilpholin adds bitterly. She stabs the dummy, burying the spear deep into it now, letting it stay there as a macabre decoration as she turns to look at the trio again with her green and black eyes. "If that's all, I think you should see yourselves out."
► SHOW SPOILER
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 14, 2023 6:53 pm [MERC Offices]

Dena tilts her head. "They danced in heels? Ancestors below. I get shoes, but heels? I've only seen dudes dance in that and that was for y'know traditional reasons." She makes a circular motion with her hand.
"But hey, if you wanna do that, sure. Though keep in mind that none of those movies are actually 'old' to me." A beat. "Not sure we can do that right now though. 'Cause I don't have a tv up here. All I got is couch and a bed. The tv's downstairs."
[MERC Offices]

"Babe, I danced in heels. And on stage. And--" Fettina waves that last part away. "Anyway, sorry. That was pretty old-lady-phobic of me. I can try 'movies of vintage' if you prefer." She grins, impish. "Anyway. I could bring the TV upstairs. Or I guess we could move something down. What's downstairs?" Besides the TV of course.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Offices]

Dena's eyes twitch as Tina says the word. This imp of woman was playing a dangerous game right now. "Downstairs? Lazy people laying about. Y'know, like you. Since this is pretty much where everyone hang out after, or during, work. Oh, and there's a couch obviously. Kitchen too."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[MERC Offices]

"Anybody there now?" Fettina says brightly, seemingly heedless of any twitching eye or insinuations regarding her work ethic. "Or would we have it to ourselves? I mean, it sounds perfect, right? Got a couch. Got the nosh. I'm sure we can stream something. You can show me one of your favorites."
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 13, 2023 2:31 pm
"Well, I'll keep an eye our for 'em then. If you haven't ever had a torta before you should definitely try one,"
Khannie says with firm conviction.

Khannie always asks for extra peppers for hers.

If it isn't make your nose run and your mouth burn then it isn't REAL food.

But! There's something else Fel said that puzzles her a little. "What do you mean, would study? Engineering and archeology are pretty different things."

One's about discovering OLD history and the other's about making NEW history.
Well, yes, of course, I’m saying that, at this moment, I don’t think we have an archaeology department, but if you come aboard, we can get one started.

At this point, they will arrive at the

Food Trucks

Fifteen to twenty of them, offering a wide variety of foods, there’s one nearby with flames on the side offering a variety of extra spicy foods.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Dec 15, 2023 9:37 am [Too Many Visitors]

"Considering your job is to protect the moon wells and you're always naked in them, the chances of you being naked when attacked is abnormally high," Ilpholin points out. Something for Anika to consider.

"No. Because I am one. And yes. It's called silver, remember? Glows in the presence of demons. Get yourself a pure silver amulet and wear it all the time and you'll know when demons are attacking your naked moonwell vacation spot." She might have to leave the amulet on while she's swimming though and that's just such a hassle.

"Phyrexians have factions of their own. I can't say who attacked you or why. Nor do I think I care," Ilpholin adds bitterly. She stabs the dummy, burying the spear deep into it now, letting it stay there as a macabre decoration as she turns to look at the trio again with her green and black eyes. "If that's all, I think you should see yourselves out."
[Too Many Visitors]

Anika opens her mouth and raises her finger as if to protest.
But then she stops herself, looks down at the floor and strokes her chin.

"Blanche, I think we might have to subdue her." She declares after a moment of thought.

[MERC Offices]

"In the middle of the lounge? Dunno if we'll have much privacy there. But there's always my laptop. You can watch stuff on that, right?" Dena hadn't looked into it much but she had seen others do it so why wouldn't hers be able to? As much as she resented the idea of letting Tina play around on her computer in this case she was open to it.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Too Many Visitors]

"Anika." Blanche's tone is suddenly hard, her jaw set. "We're leaving." She grabs the woman by the arm and turns to leave but gives Ilpholin one last, stony look. "I'd think you'd know by now there are worse things out there than demons." With that, she'll make her exit.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Too Many Visitors]

The druid's eyes widens as she turns to Blanche in surprise. "Oh."
But she does not object even if she throws a wishful glance at the papers she would leave behind. They had served their purpose though.

"Uh, bye then." She makes an awkward wave to Ilpholin, having not expected Blanche of all people pulling her out of this situation.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors]

Hiep doesn't need to be told twice. This situation has become awkward to the point where she'd much rather fight her way out instead (that she's sure Ilpholin looks smoking hot while fighting does figure into her reasoning).

"Yeah. Thanks for the info."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Too Many Visitors]

Ilpholin's eyes flick from Anika to Blanche and narrows as Blanche pulls the Night Elf away. "Yeah. The catgirls who support them."

The nymph watches as they exit, but does not provides Hiep the fight that she so desperately desires, unless Blanche changes her mind about that punch.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Dec 15, 2023 1:53 am [Bird Watching]

"Ehh, well - you're lucky I grabbed us some snacks first, cuz otherwise you'd be famished by minute thirty." Skyla lifts up a couple bags of candy in one hand and a bottle of soda in the other, flashing a cheeky lil grin. "Shall we?"
[Bird Watching]

"Oh, sweet. Hell yeah, thanks." Atsede grins back. "Let's go."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 18, 2023 8:46 am [MERC Offices]

"In the middle of the lounge? Dunno if we'll have much privacy there. But there's always my laptop. You can watch stuff on that, right?" Dena hadn't looked into it much but she had seen others do it so why wouldn't hers be able to? As much as she resented the idea of letting Tina play around on her computer in this case she was open to it.
[MERC Offices]

"Whadda we need privacy for? I thought we were just gonna watch TV now." Fettina winks. Then giggles. "Yeah. You can. If you wanna lay around in bed with me and watch something on your lappy, I'm not going to complain, hon'. Sounds like the college experience I never got. Complete with the bicuriosity. Fettina waggles her eyebrows.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

"Alright, c'mon - we're gonna miss the opening." Skyla grabs Atsede by the hand and drags her in.

- - -

an outdoor cafe across the street

"And the trap is set." Dulcinea closes the front-facing camera app as the doors of the cinema close. She lowers her phone and looks over to Reilana, a slim little grin spreading over a sip of tea. "I give it a couple minutes to get seated, then make our move."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Dec 21, 2023 3:46 am [Bird Watching]

"Alright, c'mon - we're gonna miss the opening." Skyla grabs Atsede by the hand and drags her in.

- - -

an outdoor cafe across the street

"And the trap is set." Dulcinea closes the front-facing camera app as the doors of the cinema close. She lowers her phone and looks over to Reilana, a slim little grin spreading over a sip of tea. "I give it a couple minutes to get seated, then make our move."
[Bird Watching]

Reilana smiles back, but in a knowing way. This is classic Dulcinea scheming. It's pretty funny. "Time for phase two then." She adds, despite no previous mention of phases. It just seems right. "Should we have worn disguises, though?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

"Oh no, I already took care of that." Dulcinea waves a hand dismissively. "Who do you think bought the tickets? And Atsede's been such a dear by arriving late and ensuring we don't have much time to kill before the lights go down. Between focusing on the movie and the darkness, she won't even know what's hit her."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Bird Watching]

Reilana smirks. "You've thought this all through. Let's no wait too long, though. I'm guessing you want snacks. You know, for the show." She teeth flash briefly before she reins it in.
~Images by Soushiyo