Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Rebonack »

[Food Trucks]

It takes a few moments for Khannie to process what Fel just said there. "...um, is that a job offer?"

Kinda out of the blue there.

But that also means two of the Nexus' orgs have their eyes on Khannie post graduation.

Then suddenly food trucks!

Her eyes settle on the design she associates with Paldean food pretty quickly. "Oh sweet they HAVE got one!" the unicorn says, picking up her pace and trotting over to the truck. Emblazoned on the side are pictures of tacos, burritos, nachos, and the like.

Tags:
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 08, 2023 11:45 pm [Currency Exchange]

Crap.

The spider leaps at the door attempting to get out before they can close in front of her. The landing is going to be rather awkward but it beats being embarrassed by being trapped by the very criminal you were to apprehend.
The rest of the officers won't make it though. If the red button indeed closes the door of course. It could do anything!
[Currency Exchange]

Well, among other things, it seems to also set off a buzzer. So there's that.

"Dunno if ya can still undehstand me or not," The woman in the torn red jacket quips, scooping up the bag of documents from the floor, "but getting dat back open takes a code. Dat telleh guy had it, but I didn't botheh to memohize it. How much aih do ya think they got in thehe?"

She slings the bag over her shoulder and starts back up the hall at an unhurried pace, like the whole sequence they just went through never happened and she really expects Ava to just let her saunter out of here scot-free.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 23, 2023 10:25 pm [Food Trucks]

It takes a few moments for Khannie to process what Fel just said there. "...um, is that a job offer?"

Kinda out of the blue there.

But that also means two of the Nexus' orgs have their eyes on Khannie post graduation.

Then suddenly food trucks!

Her eyes settle on the design she associates with Paldean food pretty quickly. "Oh sweet they HAVE got one!" the unicorn says, picking up her pace and trotting over to the truck. Emblazoned on the side are pictures of tacos, burritos, nachos, and the like.
Yes, it is.

Give it some thought.

Then, food!

Fel joins Khannie at the Paldean food truck and orders a combo platter.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Food Trucks]

"Well... Sophie over at Glog has been teaching me administration things to help at Glog eventually? I've been helping out there and doing crafts with the kids and setting up parties and things. That seems more like a real job than action archeology. A!A is more like a cool hobby?" Khannie reasons.

She definitely enjoys it.

Learning about the past and recovering priceless artifacts while facing death defying danger is cool!

But helping kids do kid stuff is actually IMPORTANT. Learning from the past is good. But without the kiddos there will be no future.

Anywho!

Khannie orders a torta!

They start by frying a mess of cheese on the grill and piling toppings on it.

"Oh yeah definitely the pimentos. Gotta have cherry peppers."

They're Khannie's big favorite.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Bird Watching]

Dulcinea rolls her eyes, but its easy to read the gesture as purely playful. "We do have to buy something first, after all. Kills time, too." Finishing her tea, the girl pushes her wheelchair away for the table and looks to Reilana expectantly. "Mind helping me over?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Bird Watching]

Reilana chuckles quietly and gets to her feet. "Can do, sugarfloss." She moves behind her girlfriend and maneuvers her toward the exit, and across to the theater.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 20, 2023 10:02 pm [MERC Offices]

"Whadda we need privacy for? I thought we were just gonna watch TV now." Fettina winks. Then giggles. "Yeah. You can. If you wanna lay around in bed with me and watch something on your lappy, I'm not going to complain, hon'. Sounds like the college experience I never got. Complete with the bicuriosity. Fettina waggles her eyebrows.
Ironsmith wrote: Dec 25, 2023 8:31 am

[Currency Exchange]

Well, among other things, it seems to also set off a buzzer. So there's that.

"Dunno if ya can still undehstand me or not," The woman in the torn red jacket quips, scooping up the bag of documents from the floor, "but getting dat back open takes a code. Dat telleh guy had it, but I didn't botheh to memohize it. How much aih do ya think they got in thehe?"

She slings the bag over her shoulder and starts back up the hall at an unhurried pace, like the whole sequence they just went through never happened and she really expects Ava to just let her saunter out of here scot-free.
[MERC Offices]

Dena shakes her head in response to the giggle. "I mean, we could always go down there and watch whatever those couch-potatoes are watching if you wanna. The TV is usually their rallying point when they're not on the job and they're always watching something stupid."

She's turns to her laptop and enters a streaming site (streamside) when Tina starts talking about college experience. "And what do you mean by that, eh? Am I coming onto you?" Dena inquires without looking away from the computer.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Currency Exchange]

The spider gets up, there was a lot to say about this woman but the priority was doing something about her right now.
But there would be no more jumping or bullrushing.
The spider was just going to walk closer than the woman on her superior number of legs and use them to curl around hers to restrain them.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Currency Exchange]

"I'm thinkin'... fouhteen minutes? Maybe fivteen?" The woman muses as her gait picks up in pace, just enough to keep her out of the Ava-spider's reach. "Realleh depends on how well youh boys can hold theih breath. Dat telleh guy, he's gonna be panickin'. Wastin' a lotta aih dat way. You guys did bring those jaws a'life things, right? Or ahe you gonna have to call dose in? Think you got time foh that?"

Every time Ava seems close enough to trip up the red-jacket woman, she quickens her pace, just long enough to dance out of her reach before slowing down again. Each time, she lets out a little laugh, not unlike what a toddler might do while running away from her parents with a pair of scissors she's not supposed to have.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Currency Exchange]

Fourteen minutes? Reinforcements would be here by then. It would be fine.
But perhaps the fact she was still chasing the woman was because she was annoying her more than she really should.

Her colleagues outside would be preoccupied with redirecting traffic so she couldn't rely on them on capturing this menace. So she would have to try something here.

Stopping to aim her spider-butt at the crock she's going to shoot a string of web at her. If she hits, she's going to be in for a bad time. But should she miss she's going to use the same string to pull herself forward in hopes of stopping her.

[Wandering Riverside]

As Nadia Rizzo is wandering the street of the city she have stayed in through so much hardship, including a demonic invasion and a rat infestation, she can suddenly just barely make out a voice.

"Help!"

Was she imagining it? She can't see anyone around.

Yet as she stands there she can hear it again.

"Help!"

It might take more than just this call for her to realize that the voice was actually coming from underneath her, through the nearby sewer grates.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Currency Exchange]

spat!

In spite of the woman's apparent ease in predicting Ava's movements, she doesn't seem to have seen the string coming, and it slaps into her jacket with a solid thump, sending her tumbling to the floor with a vaguely bemused expression on her face.

Well. That was easy.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Nadia stops in place when she hears the voice, perfectly still so she can hear it again. The street she's walking down is a moderately disused one, largely due to being in a more out of the way residential area. She turns slowly in place when she hears it a second time, looking for the source of the voice. "Is someone there?" She calls.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

There's silence for a moment before the voice comes again, now a bit louder.

"Yes! Thank-" Nadia can't quite make the next word out but.
"-down here in the dungeon! Stuck! Please help me!"

[Currency Exchange]

Yes!
She finally got a lucky break!

Without hesitating she is going to sit down on the lady crooks legs. No more running for you!
Then she'll turn and stare at her with all her eight eyes.
That's what you get for being a criminal!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

Meanwhile...

Skyla brandishes her tickets as she pulls Atsede in with her, leading her eagerly to the indicated theatre. "I'm really excited to see this one! I heard it's really good, y'know?" She'll guide her to a pair of seats at the center. The film is already starting - a dramatic animated adventure story, by the looks of things.

[Too Many Visitors -> Exiting]

Blanche leads the two other women out of Ilpholin's estate and into the streets of Riverside in silence, but its not hard to read her emotion. Every step is brisk and violent, and her shoulders seems to vibrate.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Too Many Visitors -> Exiting]

Hiep has never been very comfortable with silence and this time isn't much different.

"You two were right. She is really hot, but also really not right in the head," she proclaims. "But we did find out that these phyrexians are a new factor."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Nadia's attention turns downward, then she looks around with more focus. "Keep talking so I can find you." Assuming this instruction is followed, she makes it over to the sewer grate. She crouches next to it. "I'm right here. Did you go into the sewer somewhere?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Exiting]

Anika glances at Hiep as she mentions Ilpholin being 'hot'. Could she not feel how Blanche's shoulders were practically vibrating?!
Since Anika sure could!
"So we're going back to VIGIL to tell them that- uh, about the phyrexians, right?" She inquires while looking straight at Blanche. Afraid that the catgirl might take out her frustrations on anyone or anything they passed. Like those phyrexian things that were staring at them as they were walking away from the building.

[Wandering Riverside]

"Okay, but my voice is kinda, uh, horse- hoarse now." The voice let's out something that sounds like a weak laugh. "I had to yell for a while and then I stopped but when I heard footsteps I started again."

It's perfectly dark down as she peers down into the grate but thanks to her dark vision she can see a figure down there. Or rather, half a figure. Since it appears as if its coming straight through the wall of the well.
"Yes, see..." The figure begins, their voice sounding a bit clearer now. "I opened up one of those dungeon portals and headed down. Its probably still open and should be nearby."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Dungeon portals? Do they just mean a manhole, or something more esoteric? "Do you know what direction it's in? From your perspective is it left, right, forward, or back?" Nadia inquires.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Dec 30, 2023 6:39 pm [Bird Watching]

Meanwhile...

Skyla brandishes her tickets as she pulls Atsede in with her, leading her eagerly to the indicated theatre. "I'm really excited to see this one! I heard it's really good, y'know?" She'll guide her to a pair of seats at the center. The film is already starting - a dramatic animated adventure story, by the looks of things.
[Bird Watching]

Atsede had completely forgotten what they were watching, truth be told. Not that she was gonna mention that. "Yeah, same." She followed behind Skyla, sitting down next to her with a sigh.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Dec 31, 2023 3:01 am [Wandering Riverside]

Dungeon portals? Do they just mean a manhole, or something more esoteric? "Do you know what direction it's in? From your perspective is it left, right, forward, or back?" Nadia inquires.
[Wandering Riverside]

"Uhh..."

The voice pauses. Considering.
"You could follow the scent? This dungeon reeks so it ought to be really smelly where I flipped the upside-down door open. Wasn't any hinges or anything so it shouldn't be hard to miss." A beat.
"I also recall turning... left?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Well that's not too hopeful, so Nadia's just going to have to look around herself. "Just stay where you are okay? I'm going to look around for the entrance."

Nadia stands and gives a complete turn around. She's certain she never saw any open manholes the way she came, so there's no need to backtrack. Up the street she can't see anything from here. She walks forward to the next intersection, stepping close to the road and looking left and right. Oh, is that it? She heads left toward where she thinks she sees the open cover.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

"Oh, I-I can do that! Count on me, miss lady!" The voice replies before Nadia walks off.

Of course, since the figure must have meant their left that must mean-

Thankfully, Nadia won't have to consider the lack of proper instructions at all since right around the corner she finds an open manhole with the cover laying upside down next to it.
Peering down into it she can see they're the same Riverside sewers she descended into a few years ago during the Rat invasion. Or rather, Archera did.

There's a ladder leading down to a walkway down there. Presumably the owner of the voice climbed down there and took whatever passage which lead them to their current predicament. If they can be trusted that is. Things down here could rarely be trusted, she knew that from experience.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Nadia crouches down to peer down into the sewers, then stands up to look back the way she came. She wants to get her bearings before she goes in. It seems like it shouldn't be complicated, if the underground follows the above ground streets, but she has know why to know for sure.

Once she's done that, she climbs down to the walkway below. She's sure glad she's not wearing any particularly nice clothing today.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

It doesn't exactly follow the streets. Not being nearly as wide for instance and curving off in various directions that the road had no business going. But this main section of which was walkable roughly went the same directions in this area.
Meaning that there was a crossroad to her left and a straight path to her right once she had climbed down the ladder.

She couldn't see any signs of the figure yet but as she had confirmed that the street and sewers were following the same patterns she can deduce what direction to go.
As she turned left and then left again and then walked forward a bit she can see something in the distance.

Getting closer she can see that it's a pair of legs seemingly sticking straight out of the wall and into the air.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Nadia pauses when she sees the strange sight. She's still not very close yet, since she's moving quite cautiously. Better to keep being cautious, she thinks. "Hello?" She calls down the tunnel toward the person. Is there a hole there maybe? She can't tell from this distance.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

As she gets in a bit closer she can see that the legs belong to a scaly individual. Set in colorful patterns with red being the most dominant color with black and yellow being on second place.
Adorning the feet are sandals which looks about as good as one expects from someone that has walked through a sewer.

They stay perfectly still until Nadia calls out and they suddenly animate, kicking the air enthusiastically. "Oh hi!" She hears the voice again, now even clearer.

"I told you I wouldn't move. No, miss lady. Not at all."

It would be hard to as she seems to be stuck at an rather awkward angle in what appears to be a sewer outlet. One that connects it to the well Nadia had been peering down into earlier. The legs are tiled upwards about 45 degrees into the air, meaning that her upper body must be facing downwards at roughly the same angle.
It appears like one of her arms are stuck as well as she's not just angled oddly diagonally but horizontally too. With her right arm being free on the other side and the left squeezed between the rest of her body and the outlets opening.

The owner of the voice is dressed in colorful robes that probably looked a lot less dirty before she descended down here.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

Okay, with her understanding confirmed, Nadia closes the distance between her and the person apparently in need of more substantial rescue than she thought. She pauses a few steps away to assess the situation before speaking again. "Your not hurt are you? Just stuck, right?" She steps around the other woman's legs, trying to get a closer look at how she's wedged in there.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

"Well, it hurts a bit but it's mostly the, uh, stuck-ness I'm having trouble with at the moment, yeah." She replies with strange enthusiasm for someone in such a precarious position

Having a closer look Nadia can see that roughly half of the woman is on either side of the outlet. Squeezed in between just below her left shoulder and just above her waist on the right side. There also seems to be little space to move diagonally and it would appear that her chest was also compressed by the way she was lodged into the outlet.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Wandering Riverside]

"Alright, give me a moment to try and figure this out." Nadia considers the situation, but she also figures there's something else she should mention." I'm Nadia, by the way."

It's a few moments after that she asks another question. "Did you try to go through this head first or feet first?" Presumably going back the way she came is the solution here.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

"Raheeda Al-Sshara, nice to meet you, Nadia!" The woman replies with a odd hiss to her voice as she pronounces her last name that Nadia probably wouldn't be able to replicate.
"And I didn't actually try to come through at all. I was just trying to reach the treasure I spotted." A beat. "So, uh, head I guess."