The Dreamlands

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: The Dreamlands

Post by Keeper »

Springtime

Sirius' cape is oddly durable, not igniting when he's caught in an explosion somehow. It's easier for him to get out of the explosions because being a HERO OF JUSTICE allows you to cut through your opponents as they dramatically explode behind you while you look dramatically ahead.
So really this scenario is just enabling him.

Tags:
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Springtime

"We're not going to die! We've done this before. Quite whining and just come on." Agate is quickly getting frustrated with Marigold, though as these horrific amphibians explode she's also quick to shoot them. Helping her friends not get blown up is at least as important as manhandling Marigold to the centre of the labyrinth so she can eat the Witch in her soul, or whatever's going to happen here. Khannie knows, that's enough for Agate.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Springtime
"She's NOT me!" Marigold looks angry now. "She's a big meany who wants to kill me! I AM NOT HER!" A blast of hellfire explodes out from her in her rage, vaporizing and then exploding some of the attacking frogs and possibly hurting Agate. Evidently some part of the demon is still in there, just hidden.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Springtime]

Was the fox close enough to get singed?

If she was then she's definitely patting the fire on her fur out. Not fun even a little bit.

"Marigold this is your dream!" the kumiho shoots back. "Everything in here except us is you! All of it! These are your memories of Maria and you've gotta face them. You can't hide from this stuff forever 'cuz if you do it's gunna eat you from the inside out."

Getting set on fire is a pretty good way to get distracted from annoying familiar for sure. Hopefully Sirius is keeping on point.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Springtime

Agate screams as Marigold unleashes hellflame, letting go of the gaiad and recoiling as her dress has caught fire and she's burnt her hand and hair.

She quickly transforms into her usual guise, as she rolls on the floor before springing back up and transforming back into her Magical Girl guise. This conveniently puts out the fire, though she's still got rather nasty-looking burns on her left side. She's not in pain any more, due to the partitioned nature of a Magical Girl.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Springtime
As Agate screams, Marigold panics. "No no I didn't mean to hurt you I'm sorry I'm sorry I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry!" Tears stream down her face. "I don't wanna hurt anyone!"
You hurt so many people.
A shadow appears at the edge of everyone's vision. The details aren't clear, but it looks a lot like Mary. You deserve to be miserable and alone forever.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Springtime]

One of the upsides to being a Magical Girl is that it keeps you looking pristine. Whether that means cleaning or healing, it does the work. The only problem of course is that instantly healing up is pretty magically intensive.

The Fox moves to make sure Agate is okay when suddenly SHADOWY FIGURE!

There's what they're after.

The Fox narrows her eyes at the apparition.

"Nobody deserves to be miserable and alone forever you creep."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Springtime

Usually, looking pristine's a given. This time, though? Hellfire burns souls as much as flesh, and whilst the burns aren't as severe as the initially looked, some of them remain. Her soulgem has darkened a fair bit, and she's whimpering a little as she stands back up. "I'm fine. You're fine. That thing? That ain't fine. You gotta face it down and make it blink, that's how you get outta here. Not by running or hiding." Agate holds her gun ready, though she's not going to shoot- this is something Marigold has to deal with, she thinks, to make Mary come out again.

She also doesn't look fine; there's burns visible on the left side of her face and hand.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Springtime

"FRIENDSHIP is one of the greatest powers of all, along with JUSTICE and DETERMINATION! Being alone is no one's doom!"
Sirius appears to be posing. Oh right, he does that when he's trying to evolve. Khannie could help him with that. But maybe it's Mary's turn to deal with this herself?
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Springtime

"Monsters aren't somebody. They're nobody. And you. Are. A. Monster." The figure points at Marigold. "N-n-no!" the gaiad protests. Horns are sprouting from her brow even as she says that. "I'm a person! I'm nice! I don't wanna hurt anyone!"
"You're a demon, born for corruption." "No!" Marygold continues to protest, but her demonic features are becoming more prevalent.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Springtime]

Digivolve! You aren't a pokemon, Sirius let's be real.

"So what I'm a monster," the kumiho points out. "So's Sirius. You wanna help people and make the world more beautiful, that's definitely someone. You haven't gotta listen to this dumb thing, Mary, you already beat her once! You can beat her again!"

This doesn't feel like the sort of thing where she'll need to punch the big boss. This is the sort of thing where Mary has to figure out how to win on her own. It's the job of her friends to support her and keep the little minions away.

Agate is definitely given a concerned look, though. They're gunna have to get her a recharge once they're done.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Springtime

"You're not a monster; you're my cousin." Technically niece, and it's a relationship defined by adoption. "Didn't you say once you weren't always a demon? So there you go, the voice is lying- you weren't born for corruption, you weren't born a demon."

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Springtime

There's a large debate among the Nexus digimon about if it's "evolve" or "digivolve" depending on if the digimon went through a localization process. Sirius doesn't care either way since he usually does a tokusatsu henshin-pose instead of yelling "shinka" anyway.

"The nature of the hero is irrelevant. Such circumstances don't determine who they are.What matters is what they do with the powers they are given. Thus a monster can still be a hero of justice." Sirius adds, pulling his cape close.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Springtime
"No. You are not monsters. She..."
"No!" Marigold, almost fully reverted to Mary, glares at the Witch. "They're right. We're all monsters. We're the good monsters." She steps up to her dark reflection. "I'm not scared of you anymore, Maria." Mary raises a hand, and a brick-shaped mass of hellfire appears in it. "You're just an old nightmare. You can't hurt me."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Springtime]

"Yeah! That's it everyone! Give the jerk everything you got!" the fox calls out to all the others as the nightmare falters. She gathers a mass of foxfire in her paws and HURLS it at the shade of the Witch.

No doubt with their powers combined Mary will be able to brain this jerk with her brick and they'll be done.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Springtime

Agate raises her gun and shoots Maria, and if that seems to work she'll slide the harmonica over a space and shoot again. Unlike Sirius and Khannie, however, Agate doesn't have any more pithy or inspiring remarks to make- just the musical booms of her antique firearm.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Springtime

Sirius gives the creature one more little fireball for good measure.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Springtime
None of the attacks have any real effect on the Witch... Until Marygold finishes the barrage by hurling the flaming brick through her dark reflection's face.
Maria crumbles like a poorly built cinderblock wall, through which a wrecking ball just passed, the dust of her remains spraying up in a cloud around where she stood. Marygold keeps flickering between demon and gaiad forms. "She's..." "gone!"
"With her out of the way, I think I can lead the way out of here!" she settles into being Marigold again. Obviously the gaiad is the best guide to lead the stranded girls back out into the real world.
And Marigold is like a whole different person. Her joyfulness doesn't feel forced, she's not worriedly looking over her shoulder. Without Maria weighing her down, she's free to enjoy life.

And I'm one step closer to taking full control.
What?
Nothiiiiiiing!