Personal homes and private lots.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Home

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Jan 27, 2024 3:40 am
► SHOW SPOILER
[Flats and Cats]

Considering their differing professions, it probably isn't a shock that Blanche is a bit quicker on the uptake than Liz. She catches her motion around the corner and quickly moves to evade, though it isn't enough to avoid a rough brushing of shoulders. Liz's appearance surprises her regardless of her expectations though. "Oh - uh, hey, Liz. You alright? Forgot you lived round here" She steps back and tries for an awkward smile, briefly scanning over Liz to make sure she's fine.
[Flats and Cats]

Elizabeth looks Blanche up and down and brushes off her shoulder, trying to figure out what Blanche was doing here while her brain tried to dig up an adequate response. "Me? Yeah. I'm fine." The catgirl lied as easily as she breathed. It should be noted for this turn of phrase that Elizabeth has asthma. Not that she was physically hurt or anything, but the hacker looked quite stressed and distracted. Plus, her clothes and hair were a mess today. Though that last bit wasn't terribly surprising for Elizabeth.

"You don't look like you're on patrol... what brings you out this way?" Elizabeth couldn't keep a tiny hint of suspicion out of her voice.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Jan 31, 2024 3:21 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana laughs lightly. "Yes, you can come in." She pushes her hair behind one ear, trying to quell a nervous energy mounting. "Sounds like you never met Jostan at the door then." He's absolutely the more strict dad.
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"No, just Tamawhetu. Although we did cost him a bet, apparently." Dulcinea maneuvers herself into the room and sets the chair parallel to Reilana's bed, shifting herself onto it with a brief note of discomfort. Her leg was healing, but putting any kind of pressure on it is a sharp reminder of how much longer it has to go.

When she turns to Reilana though, Dulcinea finds it hard to ignore the rising flutter in her chest. Her eyes take a moment to trace the shape of her face, lingering on those pretty eyes and the way her tā moko colors the lower lip. "I missed you," she confesses, fond and gentle.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Askeladd’s Hideaway]

"I can give you some food and water if you need to refresh yourself." Askeladd is in high spirits now, but he's kind towards animals in general. "Otherwise, do give Havsken my regards."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana starts to move like she wants to help her girlfriend, but there she's already done it herself in a moment. No less than she'd expect, honestly. Seated side by side now, Reilana feels a nervous thrill at Dulcinea's inspection of her. She notices how she's being looked at, and wonders how many times she's missed it before.

She shifts closer to the other woman, so they're seated directly side by side. "Yeah, me too." She reaches a hand to put it over her girlfriend's and lets the moment linger for a bit... though she has to ask. "But, a bet?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Dulcinea returns the gesture and moves to lace her fingers with Reilana's own, glad to let the moment linger - and for once, she feels an unfamiliar nerve in her heart. Should she let this moment hang? Try and have it develop further? Would a kiss be too much? They'd only just started dating, but they'd been pining for each other so long... Aphrodite above, these kinds of calculations were so much harder to make when your feelings were genuine.

The decision is made for her when Reilana speaks next, shifting the atmosphere. Dulcinea blinks. "Oh - um, yes. Well, Tamawhetu didn't think we'd 'figure things out' before we graduated, apparently." She chuckles awkwardly. "I guess we were both terribly obvious, huh?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

It's late one morning when the whole ordeal is over. Perhaps not so coincidentally, Astrana and Valerie gave birth in fairly quick succession. Absolute chaos, the kind that will have cascading effects for a while to come. For now, though things are quiet. A rare moment to be sure. Three infants lay lined up in a crib, and five older siblings are hovering. The quadruplets lean over the edge of the crib, discussing the new additions to their family, while Maha mills around behind them, her dissatisfaction at being left out apparent.

"Two boys. You think they'll be as loud as the boys at school when they're bigger?" Jaazha wonders.

"They can't be louder than Eshe." Rosabel glances at her sister out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey!"

"Is Milana coloured like that because she's mamma's baby?" Orlane questions.

"Yeah, that's how babies work." Rosabel replies, matter of factly.

"But they said they're both the parents." There's a pause at this. None of the four really understood how this worked, even after getting the birds and the bees chat.

This contemplation is interrupted by a shrill demand. "I wanna see!" Maha's patience is running out.

"You're too short." Eshe admonishes. Maha crosses her arms and pouts at the indignity of being the baby sister.

"Do you think Idris and Amadeo are identical like us?" Jaazha asks.

"I dunno, I think they look kinda the same."

"I think Amadeo's nose is bigger." Rosabel points out the feature.

Before the debate can continue, Maha gets fed up. She wedges herself into the middle of the group, to the verbal complaints of the older girls. She presses her face between the bars to get a look at the three babies. "They're cuuuuute!"

This they can all agree on.
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Feb 01, 2024 8:15 pm [Askeladd’s Hideaway]

"I can give you some food and water if you need to refresh yourself." Askeladd is in high spirits now, but he's kind towards animals in general. "Otherwise, do give Havsken my regards."
Askeladd's Hideaway

Somehow the raven seems to smile as it takes on a taller and yet relaxed posture, before it says in a much different, more familiar voice:
"You know where he is as much as I do. Gods don't like telling mortals their business, let alone their lairs. As for what you can give me, I'd accept a rating on my acting. I thought I did quite well for my first time playing divine messenger."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Morty wrote: Jan 27, 2024 6:18 pm [A Succubus Problem]

"I'm sure. It was my power as a Solar Exalt that protected me. I'm not entirely sure how it works but there's something that shields me against any influence that would steer me away from who I am. Mentally, that is." She sighs and looks back at her wings, then looks back to Trick. "What about you, love? How do you feel?"
bc56 wrote: Jan 28, 2024 2:57 am A Succubus Problem
Sekhmet finishes fixing her clothes and turns back to the others. "I'll, uh, need to find some way to siphon the essence back out of you two. That blast, uh, might have stuck it in tightly." she's very concerned, but at least both of them seem to be in their right minds, if not their right bodies.
"You're, uh, both thinking normally? No, uh, succubus-y thoughts right now?" Would they even be able to tell if their thoughts are polluted? "That would, uh, make this easier. I think." This goes a bit beyond what she was planning to do with Trick. "Is there somewhere I can make a, uh, ritual circle?"
[A Succubus Problem]

Trick sighs, "My mind's certainly clearer now. I... ugh," she seems disgusted with herself, "Well, I would have said the ritual circle could have been made in here, but..." she waves. The lab has been trashed; succubus essence has seeped into every bit of furniture, the walls, the floor, and the ceiling in here. It will have irrevocably ruined all the current spellwork that was woven into it as it twisted the magic coursing through the runes.

"We'll have to head into the back yard. I can get the hoop out of storage."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Askeladd’s Hideaway]

It takes a moment for Askeladd to process this and make the facts line up in his head. When he does, Krayger will see his composed demeanor melt away again, this time in intense bewilderment.

"Krayger?! How did you... did Havsken make you into a bird?"

[A Succubus Problem]

"I'll check on the boys and be right there with you," Sophie says. "Hopefully all this ruckus didn't wake them up."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana's eyebrows knit together and she exclaims, "Oh my god! I hate them." Where do they get off making play of her feelings like that? She's going to have words.

Then a thought strikes. "If they're going to be so disrespectful, I'm not sure why I should respect their rules. Want to go somewhere?" She flashes a defiant smile.
~Images by Soushiyo
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

A Succubus Problem
"Hoop?" Sekhmet questions, "Just show me where. I think I can set up a good ritual circle." She prepares to follow Trick.
The boys should probably be fine, assuming they were outside the blast radius.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Morty wrote: Dec 11, 2023 7:02 pm [Fayyaad's place]

Fayyaad's surprised expression turns into a jovial grin.

"Well, well, well. The commander of Vigil? As ever, I can't fault your taste. His body was sculpted by a god." He makes an exaggerated flourish. "I see how it would be complicated, but I'm still impressed you found a way to thaw his heart. I don't think I've ever seen him smile."
[Fayyaad's place]

Fayyaa'ds grin is met with Cass' own, suddenly sanguine smile.
"I've met more expressive cliff faces," says Cass, his eyes suddenly twinkling with mischief. "But how do you know the heart that was thawed wasn't mine? Perhaps he pierced my scholarly detachment with his granite charms?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Feb 04, 2024 6:53 pm [Askeladd’s Hideaway]

It takes a moment for Askeladd to process this and make the facts line up in his head. When he does, Krayger will see his composed demeanor melt away again, this time in intense bewilderment.

"Krayger?! How did you... did Havsken make you into a bird?"
Askeladd's Hideaway

"Well, yes. Quite without my consent, I should add. I can change any time I want though, so I'm fine. But I was told that dealing with Lunars meant I needed more practice at being crafty. Which I can't really deny having read a few stories."
Krayger ruffles his feathers. The stories definitely were pretty clear about what happens when mortals get in the way of Exalts and don't have very good backup plans.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Fayyaad's place]

"And here I was expecting you to tell me he is tender and passionate behind closed doors." Fayyaad gives a theatrical sigh. "But they do say opposites attract. And that would seem to be the proof. But I'd wager your detachment was melted away by something else about him that's like granite."

[Askeladd’s Hideaway]

Askeladd sighs.

"I cannot deny it either, sadly. We Exalted tend to lead eventful lives, like it or not. If it helps, this is quite the precious gift Havsken gave you. One they do not give lightly."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Flats and Cats]

"Was just taking a walk, really. It's been pretty stressful up at VIGIL and I needed a change of scenery." Blanche shrugs, not quite catching the suspicion in Liz's tone and seeming... mostly genuine. Their father's talents for lying are clearly not genetic. She frowns and regards Liz a bit closer, noticing the bags under her eyes. "Sure everything's alright with you? You been getting enough sleep?"

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Dulcinea can't help herself from laughing. She hadn't expected that fierce a reaction, and it's an entertaining contrast to see Reilana react so passionately when she's usually so cool and focused. The next suggestion catches her even more by surprise.

"Like, sneak out?" The girl blinks, taken aback. "Are you sure? I mean, I'd love even more time with you but I'm not exactly in tip-top shape for slipping through windows right now. You'd have to carry me." A prospect that Dulcinea doesn't exactly sound against. It's wilder behavior than she's used to from Reilana, and she just can't help but want to see even more.

[Foxes and Felines]

It's been a few weeks since the Sandovals visited, and things are back to normal at the Bellamy Apartment - which is to say, loud and rambunctious. There's a lot of kids to keep an eye on, and with the parents away things are a little short-staffed. Luckily, there's a babysitter on duty tonight to keep things in order.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana gives a short laugh. "See, that's the trick. You're not being held prisoner. You can just leave like you were going to otherwise, and then I can meet you on the outside." Her expression settles into a more mild, irritated smirk. "I just need to set up a decoy to keep them off our trail for long enough."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Foxes and Felines]

"Annie, you know I'm not above giving candy to those who diligently finish their math homework. You'd better get to it if you want the sugar blasted caramel pop," Reinholdt says as he grabs two freshly warmed bottles of formula off the stove.

"And no Su-jin, you can't watch Ballerina Blade Monsters 5. I told you, you have to watch them in order for the context. Well it's not my fault they don't offer Ballerina Blade Monsters 1 on Netlu. Here." Reinholdt juggles the bottles into the mouths of the two kids strapped to his chest and back before grabbing the popcorn out of the microwave and dumping it into a bowl. The bowl gets delivered swiftly in front of the three kids as they bounce on the couch, Reinholdt stealing the remote for a moment. Just long enough to put on Muppet's Most Wanted. "It's a classic."
► SHOW SPOILER
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Morty wrote: Feb 04, 2024 6:53 pm [A Succubus Problem]

"I'll check on the boys and be right there with you," Sophie says. "Hopefully all this ruckus didn't wake them up."
bc56 wrote: Feb 05, 2024 3:45 am A Succubus Problem
"Hoop?" Sekhmet questions, "Just show me where. I think I can set up a good ritual circle." She prepares to follow Trick.
The boys should probably be fine, assuming they were outside the blast radius.
[A Succubus Problem]

Trick is going to head out into the back yard, then, and retreat to the tool shed where she can pick up a large cast iron hoop to lay on the ground. It accepts magic readily and greedily, and will be able to be inscribed with temporary runes with ease, "I made this while I was still a traveling warlock. It's good for magic on the go. Just tell me how you want it set up and we should be able to do it."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Skye's Apartment]

Skye's apartment has always been rather spartan. She doesn't like having much - a basement space for practicing katas, very much functional furniture everywhere and a disciplined cleaning regimen keeps the counters, tabletops, and everything else clear. There isn't even a television; the couch is used exclusively for reading books, and the book shelves surrounding it are some of the only really filled spaced in here. That and the kitchen, anyways - a full freezer up here and one in the basement both have a lot of food, as Skye eats significantly more than most people to support her... growth.

Finally, in the corner of the living room is a shrine. Upon it sits an image of a many-armed war god, hands held in various positions representing martial prowess. It's detailed, but ill-crafted, made with love rather than skill, a sign of devotion more than anything else.

Today, Skye is reading a book on the couch, learning about the nature of dragons, and how they differ from the ones in her native environment. She's wearing a tee shirt that's stretching fairly hard around her extremely impressive chest, and the white color shows off the pink bra underneath through the fabric, and on her legs is a pair of sweat pants similarly hugging her hips; these are clothes she only wears at home because she knows they'd be indecent anywhere else.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Skye's Apartment]

Asami hadn't forgotten Skye's offer to let them store food at her place. Earlier in the evening, they made sure to text Skye informing her they killed something really big and would have to store some of its meat at her place!

They finally approach the apartment, carrying behind them a massive cart filled with several tonnes of various kinds of cooked meat from different body parts. It seemed to be some sort of creature with two wings, a tail and two legs judging from its carcass.

Asami rings the doorbell and calls out, "Hey. Its me." Notably, their voice was deeper than the last time they and Skye met and they were currently wearing the PREP uniform for boys. Of most import, however, is the fact they've grown a few centimeters.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Skye's Apartment]

Skye opens up the door, then, having put her book down on the couch, which will expose Asami to the fact that Skye has also grown a little, though it's largely in the kinds of places people attracted to women like to stare at. Her outfit doesn't help.

"Oh, Asami! Welcome," she looks at the cart, "... there should be space. Not quite enough in the big freezer box, but a ritual of preservation should keep this from going bad. Let's get all this inside; I've laid out a 'tarp' to keep it from soaking onto the floor."

And then she'll move over towards the cart, intent on grabbing something and dragging it into the building so that it can be placed downstairs. Sadly, this will eat into the space Skye used for her exercises, but that's hardly a problem when there's the great outdoors to consider.

"You look a little different," Skye notes, to make for a conversation starter as they work.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Feb 06, 2024 8:07 pm [Askeladd’s Hideaway]

Askeladd sighs.

"I cannot deny it either, sadly. We Exalted tend to lead eventful lives, like it or not. If it helps, this is quite the precious gift Havsken gave you. One they do not give lightly."
Askeladd's Hideaway

"They mentioned that too. I admit I wasn't sure what was so special about it, but I am not well versed in the limitations of gods. They also didn't go into too much detail about all it entails."
He hopes no one is going to expect him to be doing special crossroads-raven duties from now on. But it might happen.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Skye's Apartment]

Asami's eyes do manage to linger where they shouldn't, but having to look up to look someone in the eyes anyways may make this less noticable.

"Hm? Oh, I'm a boy right now," he answers casually and slightly nervously before lifting up one of the legs and carrying it, following behind skye. Of course, being a boy of his age in particular, Asami feels quite awkward around women like Skye. Thus, he gazes a bit absent-mindedly, falling into silence.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Skye's Apartment]

Skye blinks owlishly at Asami for a moment, "Huh. That's... huh. Why and how are you a boy?" she asks, clearly curious. She doesn't want to be one herself, but where she's from this is some pretty powerful magic.

And when she catches his eyes lingering on her chest... well, that smile is actually fairly inviting. She knows, but doesn't seem to mind. Not that she lingers; there's work to be done. She'll guide him down the stairs to where in her basement she intends to store these things, and lays them out carefully so they can be organized. And the entire while he'll get a full view of the fact that her outfit choice is certainly too small for her.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Feb 07, 2024 12:14 am
[Flats and Cats]

"Was just taking a walk, really. It's been pretty stressful up at VIGIL and I needed a change of scenery." Blanche shrugs, not quite catching the suspicion in Liz's tone and seeming... mostly genuine. Their father's talents for lying are clearly not genetic. She frowns and regards Liz a bit closer, noticing the bags under her eyes. "Sure everything's alright with you? You been getting enough sleep?"
[Flats and Cats]

Elizabeth blinked. She wasn't here to harass her or something like that? Huh. She hadn't exactly gotten the time to know Blanche, but the hacker would never have thought of her as the sort to go take a walk to calm down. "... You picked a pretty terrible part of the city if you wanted nice scenery, then." She commented. "And yeah, hey, I'm fine. Just tired, is all." Elizabeth tries to brush Blanche off, perhaps just a little to hasty in her dismissal.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

A Succubus Problem
"I, uh, see," Sekhmet really doesn't, but she's used to being able to scribe her circles on basically anything. The idea of a portable magic circle is new to her.

It would help with getting precise marks on soft ground, she supposes. "Hold it still while I write on it." Sekhmet bends down to being marking the hoop with fiery glyphs.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Skye's Apartment]

"Oh, uh, its so I can share a room with Darko-senapi. He was nervous about moving into the dorms and all, and we're good friends so it made sense," Asami casually explains, "Its just something people can do."

As Asami follows behind Skye, he compresses his lips into his mouth, looking to the side as his breathing gets heavier and a light blush forms on his face.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Skye's Apartment]

"Asami, that is very much not something just anybody could do," Skye comments as she hauls in more of the carcass, "I didn't choose to have the curves I do, or to be a woman, or anything like that. Aside from slow growth over time, my body is static, and that's true for the vast majority of people. If you are capable of changing your shape, that's a much more unique skill than you're giving yourself credit for."

Asami, now that he's looking (despite his best intentions), may in fact notice there's a significant sway to Skye's body. Given the extreme nature of her hips it's very much a natural part of her gait which, as she moves ahead of him, will be difficult to ignore and continually draw his eyes back to her rear. The front isn't any better, with her bra visible through her shirt, even from behind.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Skye's Apartment]

Asami tilts his head. "Eh? I didn't change my shape. Its just like... Boy, now. Just something people can do," he says bluntly.

Asami's corona was quite subdued due to being in the midst of winter. However, the longer he stared at Skye, the brighter both his face and corona got, to the point where it was impossible to go unnoticed.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Skye's Apartment]

"Being a different sex is the very definition of a change in shape, Asami. It's a change to the function, appearance, and overall structure of your body," Skye points out, "It's something I'm entirely incapable of."

She has a lovely smile, doesn't she? And is perhaps enjoying Asami staring at her maybe too much, but she's not about to stop the other person in her home from appreciating her. She bends down to put down a huge chunk of the creature they've been hauling, which, with Asami behind her, gives the boy a fantastic view.

"I'm also not sure what that corona around you is, admittedly."