PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Rebonack »

[Cursed Hero Class]

"OH! Haha, you're talking about an ACTUAL mask. Okay, okay yeah I've got it now. So just some sort of magical mask. Sure, that sounds doable. Some kind of delve with a legendary mask in it somewhere's a pretty solid adventure. That might even be Narrative weighty enough to stick," Lex reasons. "I'll do some searching to see if I can find any delves nearby that are supposed to have a magical mask in them. That'll give me plenty of time to get a set of potions made, too! Oh yeah, this is definitely going to be some fun!" Lex says, his tail bouncing. "Okay! How about we meet up at the Riftline station tomorrow morning? And then we can set out from there."

A beat.

"And Juibi might want to come, too. You know her, right? She's my other half, sometimes she fills in for me in class since we swap back and forth. My left half, specifically, haha! Since I was the right side and she was the left when we divided," Lex says.

Since that's a thing slimes do.

Tags:
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Cursed Hero Class]

"Of course she's welcome along; many hands make for light work. I'll see you at the Riftline soon, then," Skye gives Lex a respectful nod, before moving away. She's got a purpose now! Research must be done!
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cursed Hero Class]

"Alright! I'll see you tomorrow!" Lex says as he heads off.

Yeah!

Time for another delve!

Hopefully it'll be just as exciting and eventful as his last one! And this leads us to-

[PREP Riftline Station]

Lex will be waiting, bright and early. He's changed out of his uniform and he's wearing his adventuring gear! Which mostly consists of a fluffy coat and leggins and a dragon wearing a jacket around looks absolutely precious. It's nice a fuzzy, good for keeping him warm. And treated with a magical oil that causes it to provide a measure of protection from arcane cold!

Which is handy, since magical cold is one of the few things that reliably harms him.

Trendy looking AND practical!

He has a pair of packs secured to his hips, one loaded with supplies and the other containing his portable alchemy lab. A sidesword is sheathed along his side (go figure) and a mechanical crossbow is nestled between his wings.

Yeah!

He's ready to go!

The slime dragon is seated on one of the benches at the station his tail bouncing and his head bobbing as he hums an adventurous tune that he's making up as he goes.

His sister, it should be noted, is conspicuously absent.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheer Practice

"For Mary, prettier is bustier. Not my cup of tea, frankly. I don't care how big someone is if they can look after themselves somehow." Mat says as she opens her locker and then her lunch, taking the half-cherry off the top of her bakewell tart and handing it to Dandelion. The rest of the cake is put back in her lunchbox, which is returned to her locker. "Right, let's get back to it."

Ecbatana

"Well... Yeah, I guess? That's one way of looking at it."
"Could also be that you're giving him enough rope to tie a noose, since you maybe want him dead but he's too powerful to execute directly. But the regency's still a reward, and there's the hope that if the regent's good enough he'll die before you want to replace him." Several of the servants nod to confirm that the Chamberlain's not interested in girls, and that the Treasurer is a sweet old lady. She's also senile, but that's not something they have words for exactly so they're hoping Aikobaz can put the dots together.

Hunting Class

"So can you. Or did you cover my desk in peanut brittle because you thought it'd make me happy?" Agate turns and raises an eyebrow at Asami, interested to hear how Asami will respond.

"That wouldn't change the shape of your feet, though. Even reversing your soles, you've still got a wide bit where the toes meet the foot and then a narrower bit at the back. Feet are weird, they point backwards." Agate gestures at the sole of her own boot as she speaks, to demonstrate the wider ball of her foot compared to the heel. "But he'll be going this way anyway if he's trying to find out where the caged thing went. It escaped between here and where he started from, so he'll be retracing his steps even if he doesn't want us to follow." Assuming that's why he looked in the cage, promptly cancelled class, and left anyway.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

[brackets lover] wrote: Feb 08, 2024 7:05 am [Cafeteria]

Asami grins at Juibi, tilting her head. "Woah, you seem even more energetic than you were as Lex. Hah! Your ability to keep your individuality like this is really something."

She crosses her arms, closes her eyes and shoots a jocular smirk. "And there are sanctioned areas for monster battling, you know? I wouldn't have to anything illegal."

Asami once more looks between Juibi and Lex out of sheer amazement. "Man. This is so cool. You better be careful, word gets out about this and before you know it, everyone in the school is gonna wanna make one of you for themselves! In fact, I'm just gonna give you a five minute headstart, myself."
Rebonack wrote: Feb 08, 2024 4:05 pm
[Cafeteria]

"Weeeell probably. The Juibi versus Lex thing really isn't sustainable is it?" Lex huffs. "And we're ALL Juiblex still anyway, no matter what nicknames we use."
"Maybe we could go with titles! Juibi the Fantabuliously Sparkly!" Juibi suggests, striking an elegant pose and shifting some cytoskeletal elements just under her skin so they catch the light in a kaleidoscope of yellow, cyan, and magenta sparkles.
"That's a pretty big mouthful, though."

HMMMM!

It's definitely a quandary. Juiblex often times plans things out really well. When your magical ability is basically just alchemy you HAVE to. If you're prepared for the wrong thing then you're out of luck. But deciding on rules for nicknaming themselves just doesn't strike them as THAT important. Even if-

"Yeah!" Juibi bounces again. "Well, a little of it is on purpose. I want to help make it clear which one of us is which. But if there are too many more that'll get harder. I don't think people would be THAT interested in battling me like pokemon, though. The fun with pokemon is that they're all really different. And Lex and I have basically the same powers."
"We're a slime dragon, though. We can assimilate powers from things we eat and gain a slime-version of it. Like if you ate a pink slime then you could swap out your alignment and become a pink slime dragon instead of a green slime dragon," Lex points out.
Juibi gasps. GASP! "OHMYGODS you're right! I could get the cute bunny ears!" she laughs, perking her upper horns upright so they vaguely resemble ears.
Cafeteria

"I like titles! That might be a good idea if there get to be too many of you." Unsurprising coming from someone whose full magician name is Darko the Magnificent.

Darko is pretty doubtful about Asami's plans to start a slime battling arena. It really doesn't seem like the Juiblexes would be into it, and that's kind of necessary for that kind of thing.

"I mean, they're students, right? What you're suggesting is a PREP fight club. That... I'm pretty sure the school would never allow it." Although PREP does already allow a lot of things most schools would balk at, like Bullying and monster slaying, so... it's not that far out of the realm of possibility.

"So can you only gain powers from eating other slimes, or like... anything? Because that's a big difference." Darko has a lot of questions, but they're much more academic in motivation than Asami's.
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Cafeteria]

Asami curls her fists in front of her chest, making an excited hum as she closes her eyes. "You mean every Lex can grow into its own special form!? AHHHHH YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME!" she exclaims in a frenzied burst.

All of a sudden, Asami rushes at Juibi and brings her into a tight embrace, her corona lighting up like a hot summer day and showering Juibi with an overpowering radiance accompanied by pleasant rainbows. Should Juibi assimilate this light, they may notice an inherent divine aspect to it, a 1-to-1 energy conversion being able to power Juibi up to the level of a demi-god from just a short moment of exposure, and Asami's hugs last awhile.

[Hunting Class]

Asami doesn't give a verbal response. Instead, she just pouts and gradually turns invisible.

Agate's assessment was probably correct. I'm no expert in foot shape. And while the werewolf and dwarf are busy analyzing the prints, they can see that further ahead and to the side of the tracks were some bushes, a sudden rustling passing through them.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

"Titles are a ton of fun! Especially if we end up going for different slime colors," Juibi agrees with a little bounce.
"There are some pokemon students, though," Lex reasons. "And I think they still fight? But they're smart people type pokemon instead of the animal ones. It's super confusing! That's why I've just stuck with alchemy instead of trying to catch a bunch of fire lizards or lightning chinchillas."
"We can swap out our slime-type; any slime dragon can do that. Eating a different sort of slime could do it. Or just focusing on the different color really hard maybe? Or getting exposed to the right kind of energy! We haven't TRIED it yet, but we could. But we can absorb powers form things we eat, too! Like if I ate a pikachu I could probably get some kind of LIGHTNING power!"

Juibi causes her skin to spike up in little zigzags that she thinks look electrical.

"Not the same sort of lightning powers as an actual pikachu, though," Lex clarifies. "Whatever powers we absorb get adapted to something that makes sense for a slime to be able to do. Acquired powers get diluted when we split, too. There were some cool tricks we picked up on our last adventure that neither me OR Juibi can do now."

And then?

Asami grabs Juibi in a SURPRISE SUN HUG! She makes a surprised dragon noise when she starts getting inundated with radiance! She makes ANOTHER surprised dragon noise when she begins rapidly growing bigger! And the part of her that's growing is DIFFERENT! Rather than a nice watermelon green the growing slime is transparent and prismatic, scattering light into rainbows where it touches her. Bigger and bigger and bigger until-!

SCHLOORP!

Juibi splits right in two down her middle! One of her (the green one) gets expelled over the side of the table and faceplants straight into the floor. The other (the prism slime) is still getting hugged! "Oh, ah, haha, I think maybe uh... So getting hugged by you is great Asami but maybe we should be careful?" Prism Juiblex says. Rather than ABSORBING all that light she's now scattering it, painting a swirling kaleidoscope of divine radiance on the ceiling.

"Hahaha! That was great! I feel like I've got the zoomies now," Lime Juibi laughs, bouncing back to her feet. She begins prancing around the table just because. "I thought you were going to go for another Lex, Asami? Now you've got two Juibi's and your plan STILL isn't working."

"So that's THREE of me now," Lex says, finishing of his lunch as if nothing weird just happened. "This is going to make our homework load WAY easier to handle."
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Artemis »

[Hunting Class]

Landon zeroes in on the sound in the bushes, his slightly pointed ears giving a little twitch.

"Something's there." He whispers to Agate and Asami. The bush was probably not big enough to hide their teacher, but they were supposed to be studying too, so he readies his bow.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cafeteria

Darko doesn't know what a pokemon is, so he just nods politely. From context clues, they're some category of magical beasts. "So can you swap your type more than once? Like if you get bored of being electric, can you just go eat a fire animal and be fiery instead?" It's not the best example, but it's interesting information to consider.

Then Asami bestows one of her signature ultra-hugs on Juibi. Darko has been on the receiving end of them himself in the past, so he knows how long it usually takes. What he's not expecting is the mitosis to happen again. He can scarcely imagine how strange it would be to sit down as one person and leave as three.

And this new Juibi is bright. Darko raises a hand to shield his eyes from the multicolored light. "Hi second Juibi," he greets weakly. It's a good thing these guys are so nice, because if the Juiblexes were evil, it wouldn't take much for them to grow an unstoppable army.

He glances over at the empty space next time him. "What? Oh yeah, I can sort of see the resemblance." Despite the Juiblex's enhanced sensory capabilities, they can't sense whatever he's talking to, because there's nothing there.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cafeteria]

Asami is taken aback by Juibi's duplication. "Huh? Just from a hug!? Wait, you didn't eat me, did you?" She pats down her body to ensure everything's intact.

She sighs with relief upon finding out she's fully unharmed. Lex's dialogue, however, earns an envious sigh from Asami. "Well, you know, if that last split really was because of me this Juibi should be doing my homework. Or maybe you guys should each do your own homework? Its not like you can all share a grade," she states plainly.

All said and done, Asami gazes fascinated at the prism Juibi. "Oooh, you're so shiny," says Asami admiringly, "Like, uh... Like... Pikajui! That's a name you could use. Um... If you don't like it, we can come up with a different one."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Hunting Class

Agate also spots the movement, and pulls a shimmering gemstone from a pocket, tossing it into the air and catching it. A slight glow is emitted by her hand, travelling down her arm, across her head, and then down the rest of her body, leaving her transformed in its wake. She's no longer in her uniform; instead, she's wearing yellow fingerless elbow-length gloves, a sleeveless yellow dress a lighter shade than the gloves, and a pair of tights that match her gloves. She's still wearing heavy boots, but they are cleaner now, and the laces are yellow. Her metallic copper hair has been set into a milkmaid's braid around her head. The soul gem is now in a pendant about her neck, and in the hand that remained by her side she holds a nine-chambered harmonica pistol. "I saw it. Asami, you approach from this side, Landon and I will go around, try and catch it with a pincer movement, yeah?" The dwarf Magical Girl is already pacing off to one side, hopefully so Landon goes in the opposite direction.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

"I'm not actually sure if I can only hold one set of absorbed monster powers or more than one," Lex muses. "I guess I'll just have to try it out? Maybe I should find some tall grass and see if there are any wild pokemon to eat?"

Are you supposed to do that? Just eat pokemon? That's probably against the spirit of the video game but then again this isn't a video game. It would be almost as bad as giving a manky a gun!

But then the hugs happen!

"From the light; lime-slimes are photosynthetic," Lime Juibi says as she pauses to prance in place, trying to work off her extra energy. "I was sunbasking on the roof for lunch before I came in here."

"And I think I got pushed over into a prism slime dragon because of the light overload," Prism Juibi guesses.
"You just fed me," Lex points out. "Should you and Darko have to do MY homework because I shared my lunch with you? That would be silly."
"HAHAH Pikajui! That's amazing!" Lime Juibi laughs her bubbly laugh, gripping her belly with her tentacles and just flopping over to kick her feet in the air with glee.

Prism Juibi definitely looks a bit different than the others. Rather than a mantle ridge running down her back she has six shimmering paddle-shaped wings that she currently has folded, the largest pair at the front sporting the grabby tentacles the others have. Rather than six horns she has a hood that rings her head, its rim glowly brightly like a halo with a sunburst of luminous little tentacles around it. Two long 'ears' shaped more or less like her wings extend from her head and through the hood.

She scoots a little closer to Darko, suddenly curious. "Psssst. Hey. Who are you talking to?" she asks, subtly avoiding the conversation surrounding the nickname 'Pikajui'.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 09, 2024 12:06 am [Cursed Hero Class]

"Alright! I'll see you tomorrow!" Lex says as he heads off.

Yeah!

Time for another delve!

Hopefully it'll be just as exciting and eventful as his last one! And this leads us to-

[PREP Riftline Station]

Lex will be waiting, bright and early. He's changed out of his uniform and he's wearing his adventuring gear! Which mostly consists of a fluffy coat and leggins and a dragon wearing a jacket around looks absolutely precious. It's nice a fuzzy, good for keeping him warm. And treated with a magical oil that causes it to provide a measure of protection from arcane cold!

Which is handy, since magical cold is one of the few things that reliably harms him.

Trendy looking AND practical!

He has a pair of packs secured to his hips, one loaded with supplies and the other containing his portable alchemy lab. A sidesword is sheathed along his side (go figure) and a mechanical crossbow is nestled between his wings.

Yeah!

He's ready to go!

The slime dragon is seated on one of the benches at the station his tail bouncing and his head bobbing as he hums an adventurous tune that he's making up as he goes.

His sister, it should be noted, is conspicuously absent.
[Prep Riftline Station]

When Skye shows up, it's much more obvious the kind of society she originally comes from. Around her head is a yellow bandanna that holds her long, curly black hair back out of her face without containing it in a ponytail or something like that; it's a significant part of her beauty and she wants to keep it free and in the open. A little vain, but she's clearly taken steps to ensure the rest of her body isn't so vulnerable. Her hair normally sits framing her mocha-colored skin, and sets as a nice counterpoint to the usually focused and dour expression on what would be a very pretty face if she weren't so intense all the time. Of course, she's been smiling more lately, what with more people appreciating her body, which she appreciates in turn. Her eyes are probably the most striking part of her face, however, with irises that are a natural bright pink or magenta.

She wears a long blue armored leather coat that covers her from the neck just under her chin down to her ankles, which is engraved with a series of golden whorl patterns around the that make the coat look like as much a work of art as a suit of armor - it's clearly mundane armor, rather than magical, but cared for well. Around the waist, it's cinched with a thick red sash to keep it hugging her body - which has the side-effect of showing off her impressive figure, of course, though that particular effect is muffled by the fact that it's armor she's wearing, instead of street clothes.

A pair of modern combat boots and fingerless gloves complete the ensemble, while she holds a bronze-headed spear in her left hand, currently using it like a walking stick. It's not particularly ornate, being a replacement for the one she lost while adventuring with Khannie.

This description brought to you by the fact that her player forgot to actually provide a description any time before!

"Hello, Lex," Skye says, approaching her slime-creature companion, "Are we ready for today's outing?"
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[PREP Riftline Station]

Oh wow that's a really sweet suit of armor! Lex waves one of his forepaws at Skye as she approaches.

"Yeah! I've got everything we need for an outing! Supplies are a very important part of a delve. I've got material for a few more potions but I didn't want to whip them up until we're sure where we're going!"

Which they get to decide now!

"So I found three delves that have a magical mask in the haul. The Endswell, the Pit of Atonement, and Undertree Manor. Endswell has got The Mask of Self Deception. If you wear it then it reveals the lies others tell themselves. The Pit has got the Mask of Salamander Breath, which is great if you want to be able to breathe fire. And the manor has got the Mask of Stolen Trust, which makes people believe that the wearer is someone they trust completely."

Quite a selection!

Which of those might a god be most interested in?
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[PREP Riftline Station]

Skye thinks for a moment, her free hand rubbing at her chin, "Knowing Shalrina and her... dealings, I believe the Mask of Stolen Trust is most likely to be appreciated by her, based on what I know of her agents. She's something of a devious god, and it would allow her more freedom to act."

She nods to herself. Yes, that sounds reasonable.

"I think going to Undertree Manor is our most convenient option in this case. Though I'm somewhat shocked there's so many ruins so readily available."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[PREP Riftline Station]

Lex bobs his head excitedly. "I thought a god of masks might like that one since it's a mask made of masks. Undertree Manor is some kind of faerie domain that got pushed out into the real world which made it whither and die. Now its full of planty undead fae things."

Which Lex knows how to deal with.

And look at that! Here comes the train now. The slime dragon climbs aboard, ready for adventure!
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[PREP Riftline Station]

Skye is right behind him, "The undead? I am well prepared for such entities," an excited smile colors her features. Seems she's quite happy to be getting involved in a battle against the forces of darkness. It's her calling, after all.

And away they go!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Hunting Class]

Asami makes no verbal reply to Agate, remaining completely invisible. In fact, there's no evidence Asami is even there anymore save for a patch of grass pressed down where she stood. Or rather, sat, judging by the area. This was strange, as the grass was moist and cold from the recent weather, something Asami would usually avoid.

All of a sudden, a creature jumps out from the bushes: A grey mouse carrying a smidge of cheese in its mouth. "Nya! Come back right meow! Thief!" shouts something with a high-pitched squeaky voice, the source quickly running out of the very same bushes. The creature it belonged to was some sort of bipedal cat with light brown fur and dark brown markings on its face and stomach. It had some sort of yellow-green hat resembling something an aviator would wear with goggles atop it. It wore some sort of matching color vest with packs at the bottom. On its back was a small sword.

The cat chased after the mouse, stopping in front of the gathered hunting students and crouching down, putting its hands on its knees. The mouse was getting further away. "I won't let nyou get away!" it calls out to the mouse in a huff.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

[brackets lover] wrote: Feb 10, 2024 7:09 am
► SHOW SPOILER
Rebonack wrote: Feb 10, 2024 2:28 pm
► SHOW SPOILER
Cafeteria

"Wait... how would you be able to share homework at all?" questions Darko, overthinking as usual, "You share memories before splitting, not after. If you split the homework three ways, you'll each only learn a third of the information." Unless they're just very good at filling each other in.

Darko smiles at Prism Juibi. Is it just him, or are the slimes getting more elaborate appearances? She's certainly more unique than a slime dragon, and that was already like nothing he had seen before.

Her question is a little unexpected, since most people simply ignore that particular quirk. "Oh, it's my friend. He's always been around, but no one else can see him." He gestures at the same patch of air, then shrugs. "He says he doesn't have a name, so yeah. I just call him my friend."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cafeteria]

Asami crosses her arms, a worried look on her face. "I fear we may have a bit of a problem. I can't control my light, nor can I control my hugs."

So! Darko and Asami have gotten acquainted with the Juiblexs. With nothing more to say coming to her, Asami gets up from her seat and starts running around the table. Right now her energy was matched Juibi and they'd likely spend the rest of the lunch period goofing around. Knowing Asami, this would definitely involve some form of rough-housing.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

"Well, yeah, we'll just take notes! It'll work out great!" Lex says, one hundred percent confident in their plan. "We don't have any sort of memory sharing power, right?"
"Do you think we could make a copy of part of our core and swap that?" Lime Juibi wonders aloud. "Sort of like how flatworms can learn to do a maze and if you feed them to ANOTHER flatworm then THAT ONE knows the maze!"
"Maaaaaybe..."

Prism Juibi really isn't any more elaborate. They all have their little decorative bits. Prism Juibi is just a bit shinier.

Anyway!

She perks up a bit more at that explanation. "Oh that's neat! Like in invisible friend! And insmellable, too? Since I can't smell anyone there," Juibi says. Then she waves at the air near Darko. "Hi Friend! Who did you think I resembled? You have me all curious now!"

And then, not to be outdone, Lime Juibi ALSO begins running around the table! That trot is picking up some speed! Thankfully her feet are sort of sticky and so her chances of sliding comically across the floor and bowling someone over is relatively slim.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cafeteria

Darko is already finding the whole clone thing difficult to wrap his head around without considering the implications of memory sharing and how it impacts personal experience and selfhood. He's grateful he just has the one mind to deal with- that's already more than enough.

At Prism Juibi's question, Darko smiles shyly. He's not used to anyone actually engaging with his friend, since they usually dismiss it as a figment of his imagination. After a moment to wait for the unseen entity's reply, Darko translates. "Not a who, a what. He says you look kind of like a kind of crystal called bismuth."

Reaching into his bag, Darko rummages for a second and then retrieves a multicolored geometric clump of crystal about an inch in diameter. "Like this, see? Here." He holds it out for examination.

Meanwhile, the others have started sprinting around. Darko isn't even bothering to watch, that kind of energy makes his head spin. Let his friends be athletic together, he's good right here.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

Prism Juibi doesn't really have eyes as such. But the dark spots on her core quickly zero in on the crystal. "Ooh, it's really pretty! I don't think my shape is quite so pyramidy but the colors are right! We're worked with bismuth in alchemy class before and the shape and color are wonderful."

His lunch finished, Lex waves to the others as he extracts himself from the table and evades the others being zippy. "I'm going to use the rest of the lunch period to get some flight practice in. It was fun meeting you Darko! Oh and Pika-"

"Bismuth."

"Huh?"

"That'll be my nickname. Bismuth," the prism slime dragon clarifies.

"Oh! Okay! Have fun!" Lex says as he departs.

"So why did you have some bismuth in your pack?" Bismuth asks. "And thanks for comparing me to something so pretty, Friend, you're really sweet."

Juibi, meanwhile, continues the zoomies.
Last edited by Rebonack on Feb 14, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cafeteria

Darko smiles at the choice of name, quite pleased he was able to help. "I like it! Bismuth it is, I think that fits you perfectly." He waves at the departing slimes before turning his attention back to her.

"Oh, you know. I keep a bit of everything in here," he says, winking. "It is kind of weird when I find stuff I don't even remember putting in the bag, but I guess if you reach a critical mass of stuff it just draws in bits and bobs, you know?"

To demonstrate, he reaches into the bag blindly, feeling around. After a moment he frowns, and pulls out a basketball. "I've never seen this before in my life, I don't even play sports. But hey, that's just how it works." He attempts to dribble it and the ball just bounces away and rolls under the table. Figures.

The friend continues to be intangible, if he's there at all.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cafeteria]

Asami tilts her head as the basketball drops to the ground. "Lemme see that," she casually announces, stopping in her tracks and reaching for the ball. In one swift movement, she crouches down before shooting the ball upwards.

BOOM!

The loud noise of the ball hurling through the air reverberates throughout the room as it bullets straight through the ceiling and into the atmosphere.

"Whew. Its a good thing this school magically cleans itself," says Asami, wiping some rubble off her head.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

"I keep plenty of things in my pack, too. Which Lex just left with,"
Bismuth notes, watching other her depart out of the cafetiere. "I'm going to have to invest in a lot more hip-bags now, aren't I? But there are worse problems to solve!"

She watches the ball extraction with interest. It reminds her of a certain adventuring tool that is very handy to have! "Is that a bag of holding sort of bag? The ones that are bigger on the inside?"

Very helpful for carrying all the loot, those.

Then off rolls the ball and Asami grabs it and LOUD SOUNDS happen, followed by the roof gaining a new hole. More than a few students jump at the thunderclap.

Dunk-clap?

Something.

"You missed the hoop!" Juibi helpfully points out as she canters to a halt, trying to resolve the new hole the ceiling acquired.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cafeteria

"Possessions might be a little weird, yeah," says Darko thoughtfully, "Like, which of you get to keep your stuff when you split? I guess you could all share, but that might be difficult depending on how many there end up being." Hopefully a few less than an army's worth.

He shakes his head about the bag. "No, it's just a random bag I found. It's not the first that's done it either. I think it might be like, an effect of my magic just slowly leeching into anything that's around me too long?" It's certainly not intentional, but sometimes these things just happen.

At Asami's roof destroying escapade, Darko winces, glancing around. Hopefully no one nearby blames him- it was his basketball, after all. "Sometimes I forget how strong she is," he mutters.

After another moment of blinking at the casual damage, he turns back to Bismuth. "So... now that you exist, are you going to keep doing the same stuff as the others? Or something totally different?" Seems like coming into being as a copy of someone might be a good chance to reinvent yourself.
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Artemis »

[Hunting Class]

Landon moves around to the other side as indicated by Agate, training his bow on the movement in the bushes. Out runs a mouse followed by a cat. Not exactly prey animals, in his mind. The cat was clearly a person too. Was the mouse? He gets a bead on the running grey mouse with his bow. "Should I shoot it?" He asks the cat. It seemed not worth it over a small piece of cheese, and he wasn't going to eat the mouse. Maybe the cat could, and it would be great target practice.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Hunting Class

Agate doesn't shoot the mouse, instead diving to try and catch it with her hands. She's perhaps not fast enough, but any attempt to shoot it with her pistol won't leave a lot of mouse, if she manages to hit it. The pistol disappears the moment she lets go of it, simply vanishing into thin air- much like her school rucksack, which disappeared the moment she used the blessing of Kyubey.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Cafeteria]

"It will be a little tricky, won't it? But it's all an adventure! Splitting is just something I do so I'll have to learn to live with it. It just means I'll have lots of siblings, right? I won't have to worry about being lonely," Bismuth laughs, her 'halo' glittering with a prism of colors. "I think sharing could work. But since there are more of me it'll be easier to do more delves! And more delves means more loot. And more loot means more stuff we can buy! It's a problem that solves itself, see? More people isn't bad, especially if those people all have the same goals."

That's really Juiblex' strength, isn't it?

They might not all be the same person, but they all feel like they have the same purpose.

"The best part is I can do group projects by myself, now," Bismuth slyly adds.

Then she perks up at the magical bag talk, already thinking with that alchemist's mind of hers. "So ANYTHING you keep with you has some magic leak into it? That's pretty neat! If they stay magical you could make neat magical stuff for people and sell it! Like what I do with oils and potions and things. Except you wouldn't have to worry about gathering reagents to make magical bags full of surprises."

A beat.

"...do you have another magical bag in your magic bag?"

If he does Bismuth will find this very amusing.

But then! An important question!

Bismuth bounces her tail back and forth a few times thoughtfully.

"Oh, that's a really good question, isn't it? I like alchemy just as much as the rest of me. What I like and dislike really hasn't change. But I suppose we'll grow apart the longer we're around."
"I feel really bouncy! I'm going to bounce a lot," Juibi supplies as she rolls up in a ball and begins rolling around on the floor.
Bismuth stifles a giggle at the display, keeping her attention on Darko. "What sort of other things were you thinking about? What do YOU like?"