Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Riverside

Post by Morty »

[Charity Dinner]

"There are many such smells. But one of them is a sickly-sweet smell with a tinge of acidity. It signals the presence of a devouring fungus toxic even to goblins. One that turns gremlins, a common underground pest, into vicious killers." The Queen follows Reinholdt, sticking quite close to him. "I am curious. Few people from the surface dare venture underground. If I did know of some treasure that needed retrieving, would you do it for me?"

Tags:
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 09, 2024 8:34 pm [Charity Dinner]

"What an absolutely adorable little fellow." Obriane remarks as Mogzoku leaves.
Then she turns back to face Atya and nods curtly. "Uh, yeah. Pac-man." She knew it was a joke as Atya wasn't the only one who had made it but she still knew next to knowing about the reference they were all making.

"But, eh, I didn't come here for dinner, ma'am. If I did, I would probably just bring it home." She smiles awkwardly. "Got so many kids to feed at home."

Obriane does not look like the kind of person that would have dinner at a fancy party. In fact, she would probably have looked out of place at one even if she had been wearing fancy clothes. She looks as down-to-earth as you could get while also having antlers and unusually colored eyes.

Not to mention her ears.

Still, she sits down as Atya does.
"Oh, no. I had a couple of questions actually... you have a moment then?" She holds up her notebook. "Just trying to educate myself as a voter."
Charity Dinner

"Isn't he just darling?" says Atya with a laugh. Mogzoku is certainly an entertaining fellow to have around.

At the mention of Obriane's kids, Atya blinks, then smiles warmly. She beckons a waiter over. "Sarah, do me a favor and make some to go boxes, will you? Do a variety, little bit of everything. Enough for..." she glances at Obriane, "How many kids do you have at home? And I won't take no for an answer, if it's too much to carry I can get it delivered. What kind of host would I be if I let my guests go home empty handed?"

Atya reflects on the antlered woman for a moment. In a way they were opposites- while Atya lacked any particularly unusual features, she could not be less down to earth herself, looking every bit as ethereally glamorous as you'd expect from an elven fashion model. Still, she'd much prefer to converse with someone like Obriane than the high society donors she's had to spend so much time with lately. It's refreshing being around someone who isn't on five layers of preening deception at all times.

"As to your questions, ask away. I'm an open book, and I'd love to address any concerns you might have for the community." Clearly whatever she says is going to be made note of and possibly spread to the press, so she's prepared to be on her best behavior.
horses can attack and eat me
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Crash Site]

Jade

Her plan seems to work. The big man lunges after Jade, misses, then pivots to follow, his rolling gait turning into a husky jog. He seems so large and grossly muscled that it impedes his agility somewhat. Few obstacles stop him, however - he turns a partly detached wall panel into a spray of pumpkin-skin-colored shrapnel, and kicks bodies aside as though they were bundles of cotton. The wounded fellow fades safely into the smoke.

The way to the head of the craft is a war zone. The carnage grows thick. Jade comes to a point that's plastered with purplish flames, but it looks short enough that a daring soul might dash through and break through to the very front of the vessel. There are more bony, vein-sketched passages below her as well - below, since, after all, the great ship is on its side. One leads into a flickering darkness, another into a room bubbled with curious man-sized pods, the next into a chamber crawling with what - at first glance - looks like swarms of small, skittish bioluminescent creatures.

She doesn't have overlong to wait and look, unless she wants to deal with her large friend.

Doctors Eun and Khafir

Doctors Eun and Khafir enter from ground level - meaning they enter from the opposite side Jade is on, and along the former belly of the beast. The two human escapees hang back, and from the sound of things Garimo would really like to get the hell out of here, but Laffia seems to think they should stick around to help others who might escape with the doctors' help. At least, if that's what the doctors are doing.

Even as the two women enter, a swarm of whip-tailed, fungal encrusted critters skitters from the dark and maneuvers around their feet. They spread outward with haste, fleeing the dying ship.

The corridor, wrecked and battle-scorched as Khafir saw before, leads in three directions. One to the aft, one to fore, and one leads 'up' - into what looks like some kind of storage bay. Above them they can see figures slumped in prisoner's cages tossed by the crash. Many of the cages are broken or partly collapsed. There's a lot of blood.

From the aft direction, somebody laughs.

From the fore, there is a pounding, thudding sound.

Olympia

Olympia leaps through the gap to find a rather large and multi-faceted console of some kind facing the hollows in the creature's exoskeleton. The consoles - organic themselves, sinewy, noduled, and veined - all encircle what looks like a rather large node of slick bluish brain tissue. This boulder-sized noodle is covered in a thin, sparkling membrane of protective coating... but the consoles seem to either have once been part of it, now expanded and dissected, or else were 'grown' from the brain itself.

And of course, this is all turned at a diagonal slant, to match the tilted state of the giant's head.

There are several more dead humans here. Several have slumped on their controls, several others were tossed from their seats to slide down the slope of the floor. They all wear curious helmets - full head covering, bulbous, covered in gas bladders - whether for oxygen or more esoteric vapors is unclear. The swollen nodes and stomach-like bladders along the sides coalesce around a rounded visor of violet crystal.

One of the men's helmets is leaking powdery, rainbow smoke.

"K'vel!" Seveira moves forward, seemingly unperturbed by the slant of the floor. She scoops the man up easily into her arms, tenderly shifting him in the event he has some kind of back or neck injury. She looks at Olympia with her slick blue eyes. "He is alive. Do you know how to help him?"

There're signs of fighting here. A large spear driven into the far wall away from the console, hard enough to crack the chitin, and what looks like a trail of bloodstains. The stains lead off through one of the room's two exits - both large arches on opposite sides of the rear of the cranial cavity, one lower, one higher. The blood goes through the lower.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Crash Site
Jade vaults the flames and the tilted hallways, the rockets in her boots firing to lift her over the hazards. Hopefully those same obstacles will slow her pursuer.

She notes the rooms she passes through, but until she's no longer being pursued, she doesn't have time to stop and search.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 09, 2024 8:34 pm [Wandering Riverside]

'Windowed'? Arinema never explained that term to her.

But it probably wasn't important, just a part of a joke judging by Nadia's smile.

Irena, or the mystery lady to Raheeda, takes a moment to make sure she's able to breath again before making her way over. Bottle still in hand, something that she wasn't supposed to drink right now Nadia would know But she would also be familiar with this type of beer, the alcohol content was pretty low.
"That's in the evening, since I also got this today." She gestures at the soup kitchen as she partly conceals the bottle behind her back. "But why're you here? I-" Her gaze turns and that's when she seems to spot Raheeda.

She was had to not spot really considering how colorful she was.

Though knowing Irena she was probably glancing at the yuan-ti's cleavage right now.

"-uh, hi?"

"Hey! Are you in charge of this place? Can you shower here?" Raheeda holds up the jug for empathize which causes a confused Irena to look back at her wife.
[Wandering Riverside]

Nadia's eyes flicker to the bottle, but she lets it slide right now. Besides, Irena's doing a good deed right now. "This is Raheeda. Raheeda, my wife Irena. She volunteers here." Nadia explains simply. No need to go into the fact that they're one of the primary sources of funding as well. "I came across Raheeda in a bit of trouble. She could use a shower, though, because she's far from where she's staying right now. I figured the faculties here could accommodate her."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Charity Dinner]

"How horrifying." Reinholdt tends to avoid swarms and gremlins are already dangerous as is. "What, for free? Unlikely," Reinholdt smirks at the Queen rakishly. "I'm generally more of a find the treasure for myself sort of person. But who knows? I've taken work from time to time." He coyly leaves the option open. Just in case it turns out to be particularly profitable.

The Treasure Hunter sniffs out Atya with relative ease. "Ah, there she is," Reinholdt leads the Queen Under the Mountain to Atya and Braon's table. "Queen, may I introduce the mayoral candidate, Atya Xilo." His eyes fall upon the fiendling Atya was sitting with and he freezes up a little. After an awkward moment, he tugs lightly on his collar and clears his throat. "And Braon as well." Atya's apparent companion for the moment? What the heck was she doing here?
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Wandering Riverside]

Irena almost want to mouth 'but what's with the jug?' but thought better of it. She just had to try to be polite.
"Ehh... a pleasure." She holds out her hand and after a moment of confusion Raheeda seemed to realize what this gesture meant and enthusiastically shock the offered hand with both of her own.

That's when Irena noticed the stank.

"All the pleasure." She could make out Raheeda saying while concentrating on not making a face.

Irena would normally have skipped this social ritual if Nadia hadn't been there but now she instantly regretted it even if she was wearing gloves. Since the lizard (snake?) woman sure wasn't. In fact, she looked seriously underdressed for this weather. Another reason she had let herself get distracted by Raheeda's, well, exposed scales even with her wife right there. Just hadn't been something she expected to see in the middle of winter.
In fact, weren't reptilian people supposed to be vulnerable to the cold?
But she wouldn't get the time to make sense of it as she could see the reptilian woman looking between her and Nadia.

"So you are married? That's cool. It means you're like a friend of mine except she engages with all women."

"Er, yeah. Just one woman for me." Irena puts her arm around Nadia and gives her a light squeeze.

In response Raheeda nods yet again, acting with an seemingly boundless energy as she gave Irena the thumbs up at the same time. "Good choice of mate, strong of arms and good of heart. I am in her debt." She nodded one last time but lingered on the motion into what seemed like a gesture of deeper gratitude.

Irena could hardly argue with that. Though now she got curious as to what sort of trouble Nadia had saved her from. She exchanged looks with her wife and chuckled. "Well, I like to think that I try to live life by her example."

Then the stench interrupted the moment and reminded her why they were here. "But, er, the showers are just that way. Just follow the signs or ask anyone you come across if you can't find them." It really shouldn't be hard since they had made very sure visitors wouldn't end up in the wrong room while looking for the shower. Since things could easily get pretty awkward in those cases.

Raheeda turned away to look where she pointed. "Oh, I see. Thank you so much."

Depending on how much Nadia has to add here, like perhaps a question, Raheeda will take her leave. But there were a couple of questions hanging in the air, like replacement clothes as there was no way she could walk around in those stinky rags. And wasn't she freezing?

Charity Dinner

The question of how many kids Obriane had was always an awkward one. Since she imagined people assuming her to be deeply irresponsible for having so many. Had she no self-control?
But she could hardly say no. And even if she could have declined it would have been impolite to turn away such an offer.
"Than-thank you so much, miss Atya. That's so generous."

A beat.

"Seven." She clears her voice. "Er, seven kids."

Obriane waited a moment, smiling politely both to Atay herself and the waiter. Trying to hide how awkward it made her feel. Since then she had her questions.
Perhaps she should ask the one Mogzoku had suggested first? Since it suddenly felt a lot better than her own questions.

"But, uh, as for the questions, I wanted to ask what you're doing to- I mean, what you think about student debt relief?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Charity Dinner

Atya looks up from her conversation with Braon to see Reinholdt and the Queen approaching. Her eyes light up upon seeing the catboy and she rises, smoothing out her dress and inclining her head respectfully to the Queen.

"Hello your majesty, what an honor to receive royal visitation at my humble soiree. Might I ask where you hail from?" Riverside isn't exactly known for its royalty, but having good foreign relations is important for any political figure.

Her eyes flick between Reinholdt and Braon. Judging from his reaction, Reinholdt remembers the fiendling a lot more than she remembers him, which isn't what Atya was hoping for. Despite how much she and Braon have hit it off, there's clearly more to this situation than meets the eye. "Oh, so you two do know each other. Old friends?" she suggests, studying both of them for a reaction.

At Obriane's confirmation about her large number of children, a look of strange nostalgia crosses Atya's face. "Oh, really? I'm the sixth out of seven children myself. I... miss my siblings a lot." She shakes her head, putting on a reassuring smile. "It's a blessing you're there to take care of them." If her own mother had been able to do so, things might have turned out very differently for her. Best not to dwell on that too long.

The waiter bows, and heads off to prepare the food. Meanwhile Atya leans back, idly tucking her hair behind her ears as she considers the first question.

"Hm... I know I'm supposed to say something like 'it's a complex issue, but I'm looking into ways to help reduce the overhead for the most disenfranchised debtors' or something like that. Throw in a few more buzzwords, you know the drill." She rolls her eyes theatrically.

"But honestly, I think that debt in general is just a way for the rich to keep class divides in place, and it's a special kind of evil, yeah? I'll be doing everything in my power to get rid of student loan debt entirely. Should have happened a long time ago."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Crash Site]

Why has this place gotta be so gross?

That's the real question, isn't it.

None the less, there are more important things to focus on than controls made out of weird bug parts. Like all the dead people everywhere. The scale of the death in here is just... it's way too much. WAY too many people. Judging from the size of the ship it's gotta be hundreds, maybe thousands. Like an whole city fell out of the air and died. The young hero does her best to steel herself, but it's definitely hard.

Focus on the people she CAN help.

That's what she's gotta do.

She approaches the injured guy, her scarf curling next to her in a loop as she sticks her hand into the folds of fabric, pulling out a hard plastic case from the Magical Girl storage space beyond. She'll move along side the tall bug lady and the beaten up looking guy. "Yeah, I think so," she says, popping the case open and revealing a padded interior with a collection of medical supplies.

Olympia regards the contents with a frown.

Three patch kits left. Two injectors. Four bottles of trauma foam. No way it's gunna be enough for everyone in here. But she'll just have to make do with what she's got. She takes a little pen-sized device out of the case and holds it with a finger on each end above her head, giving it a soft squeeze. It makes a musical chime and a line of shimmering blue light begins running over the unconscious person starting at the head and gradually working its way down.

"It's a medical scanny thing. It'll figure out what's wrong," Olympia says, just to make it clear what's going on here. She can see some burns and scrapes, but nothing life threatening. The guy hit his head in the crash, probably? Good thing he had the helmet on. Speaking of- "Can you get the helmet off him? This'll probably work better."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 07, 2024 11:22 pm
[Outside Riverside]

Ava hated this outcome for two reasons.
Firstly, it would give her coworkers yet another reason to call her "blue-eyes" when they thought her back was turned.
Secondly, it meant she would have to cross-jurisdiction calls to Intersection and do hours of paperwork.
Oh, and thirdly, she couldn't write any of this down in her notebook while a spider.

She's going to keep herself in this form and keep hiding though. There was no rush in trying to make an arrest. She would most likely get away if she attempted to jump her now and besides, it sounded like they were chasing after "the guild". As in the infamous Skyside slavers guild most likely.
It wasn't like she could let them get away with a crime but at the same time it hardly seemed like a priority chasing after thieves, even as hardened as they were, with murderers on the loose. But she was gonna make that decision after she got some more information out of this. Like confirming that they were going after the slavers guild.

Though considering what she had just overheard it also made her feel oddly perverted so it was best to not stay around too long.
[Outside Riverside => Outten Inn]

That gross feeling isn't going to go away anytime soon. Hana spends much of the remainder of the call describing what she intends to do with and to Hazel upon their reunion. Though it's slightly mitigated by her extensive use of innuendo; whether as a result of slang from another time, cultural references to a similar effect, or their shared espionage background apparently mandating some form of encryption at all times, the exact details of the proposed encounter are mercifully omitted.

"...Okay, Han, I'm pullin' inta da pahking lot now. I'll see ya in about five minutes o' so."

"Hee~! Don't keep me waiting..."

Hazel smirks and hangs up, setting her phone into the cupholder in the center console before guiding the car into a parking space outside a nice-looking but less-than-fancy hotel. The next few seconds see her stepping out of the car, retrieving the bag of documents from the back seat, and making her way inside. She stops at the reception desk, where she's greeted by a bubbly attendant in a stiff white dress shirt.

"Heya. My wife set us up foh a room heae. Horitsuya, Jane and Mae."

"Let me check... Horitsuya, Horitsuya... ah! Here we are. Room 332." The receptionist smiles and hands her a tiny envelope, containing a small keycard. "Third floor, left hallway, most of the way down. It'll be past the ice machine but before the fire exit stairs, on your right. Wi-fi password's in the envelope, and the pool is open until nine."

"Great. Do yah do room sehvice, by any chance?"

"We do, yes. There'll be a menu on the nightstand."

Hazel smiles. "Good. In dat case, can we get a bottle of wine up dhere in da next ten minutes?"

"Missus Horitsuya said you might ask about that. We've had one on ice for you since she got here. I'll have it brought up."

"Thanks. You'he a peach." Hazel gives the receptionist another appreciative little nod and makes her way upstairs, toward the aforementioned room. It's not a long walk, by any means, though it does somewhat stretch Hazel's given ETA of "five minutes", before she finally stops at a heavy wooden door, with a large set of wooden numbers nailed to its surface and a card reader where the doorknob would be. Hazel hesitates here, stopping long enough to pull her hair back out of her face and give her armpits an experimental sniff, before opening the door with a little electronic bing!.

The room, much like the hotel itself, doesn't look to be anything too fancy. There's a short hallway into the room itself, with a full-length mirror dominating the wall to the right and a large black refrigerator to the left. The mirror is on tracks, and is slightly off from a doorway leading into a small bathroom. Further into the main bedroom, there's a small den-like area off to the right, with a couch and coffee table, on which sits a brown leather briefcase, held shut by a pair of brass clamps, across from a TV displaying the weather channel, volume turned most of the way down. This area is separated from the actual bed by a retractable curtain, which is part of the way drawn, showing a large window on the far wall, under which sits an air conditioner with a digital display. The bed itself is probably the most luxurious item here, king-sized and topped with a set of thick, wooly comforters.

...And a set of dainty, painted toes, poking out from just behind the curtain.

"Honey, I'm home." Hazel quips, setting the bag of documents in one of the chairs in the den area.

"Mhm... come on over here and stay a while..."

Hazel grins and kicks off her shoes, before practically running over to the bed area, drawing the curtain behind her. There are, thankfully, no sounds suggesting that Ava would walk in on anything too embarrassing if she were to move past it, and with room service planned for five minutes from now they're probably not about to start, but they're clearly preoccupied. If she wants to look over the room with the benefit of opposable thumbs, this would probably be the ideal and possibly only time she would get to do so.
Murkus wrote: Feb 11, 2024 7:31 pm [Crash Site]
Doctors Eun and Khafir

Doctors Eun and Khafir enter from ground level - meaning they enter from the opposite side Jade is on, and along the former belly of the beast. The two human escapees hang back, and from the sound of things Garimo would really like to get the hell out of here, but Laffia seems to think they should stick around to help others who might escape with the doctors' help. At least, if that's what the doctors are doing.

Even as the two women enter, a swarm of whip-tailed, fungal encrusted critters skitters from the dark and maneuvers around their feet. They spread outward with haste, fleeing the dying ship.

The corridor, wrecked and battle-scorched as Khafir saw before, leads in three directions. One to the aft, one to fore, and one leads 'up' - into what looks like some kind of storage bay. Above them they can see figures slumped in prisoner's cages tossed by the crash. Many of the cages are broken or partly collapsed. There's a lot of blood.

From the aft direction, somebody laughs.

From the fore, there is a pounding, thudding sound.
[Crash Site]

"...Well, Doctor Bu? Are you coming?" Khafir asks, from the edge of the exit wound.

"I am, I am, I just... I need a minute." Eun grimaces, her discomfort visible through the plexiglass faceplate of her suit. She gingerly places a boot on the creature's... she doesn't want to think about what it is, tensing up at the audible squelch of the floor giving way. Gross.

But she doesn't have time to linger on it too much. Khafir's already making her way inside, and Eun isn't going to be left alone out here, where it's well-lit and not damp and there isn't an airborne cult virus potentially threatening her sanity if her suit is compromised and-

There is nothing about this situation that's even remotely comfortable.

Even less so as some unidentified fauna scamper past her feet, getting another yelp out of her as they hurry past.

"...Doctor Bu." Khafir admonishes. "Please remain professional."

"Sorry!" Eun squeaks, shrinking a little in her suit, feeling it heat up around her.

...Okay, it was a rough start, but now that she's here she can acclimate. As long as things don't spiral out of control, she should be able to just focus on her job and help any survivors she comes across.

As the two move up along the rows of cages, shining a pair of flashlights along the hallways and looking for anybody who might still be moving, Khafir turns her farsight up to the area where the laughter is coming from. It might not be of much use to try to look ahead, if that room doesn't have any internal lighting, but it would be imprudent not to try.
quillpleasant wrote: Feb 07, 2024 6:15 am Charity Dinner

One large difference between Braon and Atya is that the latter tends to be much more willing to open up, at least about some things. Living on borrowed time will do that. But she won't push too hard, at least not here.

Plus she's a little distracted by the fiendling's last comment. She stares for a second then giggles loudly.

"Yeah, exactly. If everyone just wore maid outfits all the time then making friends would be a whole lot easier." She strokes her chin thoughtfully. "Maybe that should be part of my campaign promise. 'Free maid dresses for everyone in the city.' Good use of budget I think."

She doesn't elaborate on her actual plans for the budget, which are quite radical, but also probably incredibly boring. It's a wonder Atya's been able to get into them at all, really.

"Although funnily enough, people who choose to wear maid outfits usually make terrible maids. Just one of those funny dichotomies of life or whatever." Who knew that maid dresses could be such a philosophical topic?
Reinholdt wrote: Feb 12, 2024 7:58 am [Charity Dinner]

"How horrifying." Reinholdt tends to avoid swarms and gremlins are already dangerous as is. "What, for free? Unlikely," Reinholdt smirks at the Queen rakishly. "I'm generally more of a find the treasure for myself sort of person. But who knows? I've taken work from time to time." He coyly leaves the option open. Just in case it turns out to be particularly profitable.

The Treasure Hunter sniffs out Atya with relative ease. "Ah, there she is," Reinholdt leads the Queen Under the Mountain to Atya and Braon's table. "Queen, may I introduce the mayoral candidate, Atya Xilo." His eyes fall upon the fiendling Atya was sitting with and he freezes up a little. After an awkward moment, he tugs lightly on his collar and clears his throat. "And Braon as well." Atya's apparent companion for the moment? What the heck was she doing here?
[Charity Dinner]

Rein's re-introduction to Braon will be preceded by loud, raucous laughter from the same, and an airy, amused, "They do, though, don't they?"

Though whatever it was she was laughing at, it apparently quickly stops being funny when she hears that cat call her out by name. She'd told one other person here what it was, and Braon hasn't left Atya's line of sight, or vise versa, since she did that, so how the hell did this stranger know who she-

...Wait a minute. His face does look oddly familiar.

Braon frowns as she leans forward a little, craning her neck to try to get a good look at Reinholdt's jawline, squinting enough to make the image somewhat blurry, before her eyes widen again in recognition.

That particular angle seems to have finally brought back memories.

"Well, sh-crap." The fiendling mutters to herself, quickly averting her gaze. There's a whole can of worms she didn't need tonight.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Charity Dinner]

"I rule over a kingdom called the Dimmed Crystal Cave, far from here." The Queen smiles and gives a small bow. Her smile is pleasant and her face is beautiful, but the hint of sharp teeth and a long tongue behind it are subtly unsettling. Her beauty has a dangerous edge to it. "Well, rule is perhaps the wrong word. I am its patron. Reinholdt here has welcomed me to the party and made a charming first impression."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Call]

At some point a day or so after Rein's babysitting duties conclude, he'll get a call from May fairly late at night.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Jan 25, 2024 10:11 pm [Bird Watching]

Dulcinea has to clamp down on a laugh, causing her to prod Reilana and give her a playful, chiding look. Doesn't she know that could've given their position away? She turns to her quarry and quietly inches her chair forward, getting into position. The plastic lid for her soda comes off with a quiet snap.

"What? Oh, yeah. It's like, pretty intense." Skyla suppresses a flare of annoyance at Atsede's interruption. Geez, did this girl ever stop talking? Then she glances back, catching Dulcinea getting into position. Hold on, she can use this. "Whaddaya think so far? The animation's really pretty."
Gullara wrote: Jan 27, 2024 12:37 am [Bird Watching]

Reilana leans back in her chair, her hand disguising a smirk behind her fingers. This ought to be good. She was here for a show after all; time to get her money's worth.
[Bird Watching]

Atsede leans in a little closer, that smug grin of hers still wide on her face. "Mhm, yeah, it is. Not nearly as pretty as you are, though."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bird Watching]

To Atsede's credit, Skyla does blink. Wow, that was smooth. But she's not here to let Atsede score yet again. "Yeah, I know." The interested and eager facade drops immediately. The girl plants her hand on Atsede's shoulder and pushes her back as she herself leans away... which is just the cue the mastermind needs to act.

"Hello, Atsede." The changeling will only get a moment to look up and see Dulcinea's pallid face loom over the railing like a spectre in the darkened light, eyes fixed on her with a triumphant and predatory shine. Then she upends her cup straight over Atsede's head, drenching her in a extra-large serving of cola.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[A Call]

It takes four rings before someone picks up. Rein sounds relatively awake. Nighttime must not bother him too much, or he sleeps all the time anyways so every moment awake is a moment wide awake. "Hello, this is the Reinholdt representing HALO, not representing any other Reinholdts and not representing any HALOs. How can I help you?"

[Charity Dinner]

Reinholdt grimaces ever so slightly and forces a tense smile. "Old friends? Yes- Yes. Something like that. Mutual acquaintances. Of a sorts. I can't say I expected to see her here tonight." Or ever again honestly. It was one of the more intense one night stands he's had, but it was pretty clear that it was that and just that. "We... probably have a lot to catch up on. Maybe we should leave you and the Queen the ever boring minutia of politics?" Reinholdt hasn't a clue what he and Braon would talk about at all, but getting Braon and Atya away from each other can only be a net positive in this situation.
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Call]

”Rein? It’s, um, May.” The girl at the other end swallows.
This is stupid, you know. Like, insanely stupid. You don’t have to do this.
”There’s… there’s someone I need to talk to about what happened with me. Mom won’t let me, but - but I need to talk to them. D’you think you could, um… take me to them, or something?”
~Welcome to Night Vale
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Charity Dinner

Atya glances between Reinholdt and Braon, her eyes narrowing. Well, that explains a lot. Ignoring that situation for the moment, she flashes a smile at the Queen. "I'm sure he did. Reinholdt is good at being charming." Perhaps even too good sometimes.

And the suggestion that they leave is met with a distinctly icy stare. There is nothing she wants less than to leave Reinholdt and Braon alone without a more thorough understanding of the situation, but such interpersonal drama would be a horrible look in front of a foreign dignitary. Atya's hands are tied, and not in the fun way.

She bites her lip for a moment, then shrugs. "Yes, I'll be fine with the boring politics. You two can go have fun." She smiles at Braon, a little apologetically, then turns her back on the both of them, beckoning the Queen to walk with her.

"So! I can't say I've heard of this Dimmed Crystal Cave, but it sounds lovely," she says, dropping back into her role as gracious host, "Although not, I'm sure, as lovely as its patron." The teeth are not exactly a drawback as far as she's concerned.

"But what draws you here from so far away? Surely it's not just for the free dinner, if you'll pardon me saying so, your majesty." Clearly there's a reason for her to be in Riverside beyond simple networking.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Charity Dinner]

Braon turns on Atya, the expression on her face one of quiet horror. She was really just going to throw her to the proverbial wolves like that?

Ugh. Future best friend status revoked.

Braon wipes her mouth off with her napkin and slaps it down with a little more force than necessary, causing the silverware to clank discordantly against the table. "All right, big guy, let's go." She snarls, walking away from the table in Rein's direction, barely breaking stride as she reaches up to pinch him by the ear and drag him along after her, the gesture made all the more unpleasant by her pointed, clawlike nails.

If she has to suffer through this, he has to suffer through this.

As soon as they're out of earshot and line of sight, she'll release him, or whirl on him if he's somehow free by the time they get there. "Do you not understand what 'no strings attached' is supposed to mean?" She snaps. "One night, one night only, and we're complete strangers again by sunrise. How was that unclear?"

She may be engaging in either a little revisionism or poor extrapolation here. She wasn't exactly sober when they would have had this conversation, after all.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: Feb 15, 2024 4:28 am [Bird Watching]

Atsede leans in a little closer, that smug grin of hers still wide on her face. "Mhm, yeah, it is. Not nearly as pretty as you are, though."
Arkhosia wrote: Feb 15, 2024 4:55 am [Bird Watching]

To Atsede's credit, Skyla does blink. Wow, that was smooth. But she's not here to let Atsede score yet again. "Yeah, I know." The interested and eager facade drops immediately. The girl plants her hand on Atsede's shoulder and pushes her back as she herself leans away... which is just the cue the mastermind needs to act.

"Hello, Atsede." The changeling will only get a moment to look up and see Dulcinea's pallid face loom over the railing like a spectre in the darkened light, eyes fixed on her with a triumphant and predatory shine. Then she upends her cup straight over Atsede's head, drenching her in a extra-large serving of cola.
[Bird Watching]

Accompanying this attack, from further back, is an uncommon source of laughter. Reilana isn't much for overt expressions of mirth, but this is too good.
Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 12, 2024 1:23 pm [Wandering Riverside]

Irena almost want to mouth 'but what's with the jug?' but thought better of it. She just had to try to be polite.
"Ehh... a pleasure." She holds out her hand and after a moment of confusion Raheeda seemed to realize what this gesture meant and enthusiastically shock the offered hand with both of her own.

That's when Irena noticed the stank.

"All the pleasure." She could make out Raheeda saying while concentrating on not making a face.

Irena would normally have skipped this social ritual if Nadia hadn't been there but now she instantly regretted it even if she was wearing gloves. Since the lizard (snake?) woman sure wasn't. In fact, she looked seriously underdressed for this weather. Another reason she had let herself get distracted by Raheeda's, well, exposed scales even with her wife right there. Just hadn't been something she expected to see in the middle of winter.
In fact, weren't reptilian people supposed to be vulnerable to the cold?
But she wouldn't get the time to make sense of it as she could see the reptilian woman looking between her and Nadia.

"So you are married? That's cool. It means you're like a friend of mine except she engages with all women."

"Er, yeah. Just one woman for me." Irena puts her arm around Nadia and gives her a light squeeze.

In response Raheeda nods yet again, acting with an seemingly boundless energy as she gave Irena the thumbs up at the same time. "Good choice of mate, strong of arms and good of heart. I am in her debt." She nodded one last time but lingered on the motion into what seemed like a gesture of deeper gratitude.

Irena could hardly argue with that. Though now she got curious as to what sort of trouble Nadia had saved her from. She exchanged looks with her wife and chuckled. "Well, I like to think that I try to live life by her example."

Then the stench interrupted the moment and reminded her why they were here. "But, er, the showers are just that way. Just follow the signs or ask anyone you come across if you can't find them." It really shouldn't be hard since they had made very sure visitors wouldn't end up in the wrong room while looking for the shower. Since things could easily get pretty awkward in those cases.

Raheeda turned away to look where she pointed. "Oh, I see. Thank you so much."

Depending on how much Nadia has to add here, like perhaps a question, Raheeda will take her leave. But there were a couple of questions hanging in the air, like replacement clothes as there was no way she could walk around in those stinky rags. And wasn't she freezing?
[Wandering Riverside]

"I'll be coming inside in a few to make sure everything's alright. Don't rush though, and don't hesitate to ask questions while you're inside." Nadia gives an encouraging smile, but doesn't hold Raheeda for any longer.

Once the snake woman is gone, Irena receives a look from out the corner of Nadia's eye. "Are you supposed to be drinking that?" She questions, rather than filling Irena in.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Feb 13, 2024 4:59 am Charity Dinner

At Obriane's confirmation about her large number of children, a look of strange nostalgia crosses Atya's face. "Oh, really? I'm the sixth out of seven children myself. I... miss my siblings a lot." She shakes her head, putting on a reassuring smile. "It's a blessing you're there to take care of them." If her own mother had been able to do so, things might have turned out very differently for her. Best not to dwell on that too long.

The waiter bows, and heads off to prepare the food. Meanwhile Atya leans back, idly tucking her hair behind her ears as she considers the first question.

"Hm... I know I'm supposed to say something like 'it's a complex issue, but I'm looking into ways to help reduce the overhead for the most disenfranchised debtors' or something like that. Throw in a few more buzzwords, you know the drill." She rolls her eyes theatrically.

"But honestly, I think that debt in general is just a way for the rich to keep class divides in place, and it's a special kind of evil, yeah? I'll be doing everything in my power to get rid of student loan debt entirely. Should have happened a long time ago."
Charity Dinner

"Oh, I was the only child actually." Her brother was only born after she had left home. "So to me it feels-" Obriane let's out an nervous chuckle."-a bit overwhelming honestly. I'm doing my best though."

She then pauses, feeling like she should give Atya space to actually answering the question. Which she eventually does.
When she does, Obriane scrawls down a single note. Having the other questions written down there gave her some more confidence though. "That's an, uh, good point. Debt prevents people from innovating. But would you say that you're more of a socialist then? Since my main question is going to be what you're going to do to help out small businesses like my own."

[Wandering Riverside]

Irena holds up the bottle. "This? Well, uh, funny story. I ran into an old friend. Igor?" Irena knows approximately three Igor's. "And you know how it is with this crowd. It would be impolite not to drink." She gives the bottle a light shake. "Just had this one though so it's fine. I'm even allowed to drive home."

She was right though. It seemed like within the riverside homeless community drinking was just simply a part of hanging out together. Though the same thing could be said about a lot of other communities within the city.
Ironsmith wrote: Feb 14, 2024 7:14 am [Outside Riverside => Outten Inn]

That gross feeling isn't going to go away anytime soon. Hana spends much of the remainder of the call describing what she intends to do with and to Hazel upon their reunion. Though it's slightly mitigated by her extensive use of innuendo; whether as a result of slang from another time, cultural references to a similar effect, or their shared espionage background apparently mandating some form of encryption at all times, the exact details of the proposed encounter are mercifully omitted.

"...Okay, Han, I'm pullin' inta da pahking lot now. I'll see ya in about five minutes o' so."

"Hee~! Don't keep me waiting..."

Hazel smirks and hangs up, setting her phone into the cupholder in the center console before guiding the car into a parking space outside a nice-looking but less-than-fancy hotel. The next few seconds see her stepping out of the car, retrieving the bag of documents from the back seat, and making her way inside. She stops at the reception desk, where she's greeted by a bubbly attendant in a stiff white dress shirt.

"Heya. My wife set us up foh a room heae. Horitsuya, Jane and Mae."

"Let me check... Horitsuya, Horitsuya... ah! Here we are. Room 332." The receptionist smiles and hands her a tiny envelope, containing a small keycard. "Third floor, left hallway, most of the way down. It'll be past the ice machine but before the fire exit stairs, on your right. Wi-fi password's in the envelope, and the pool is open until nine."

"Great. Do yah do room sehvice, by any chance?"

"We do, yes. There'll be a menu on the nightstand."

Hazel smiles. "Good. In dat case, can we get a bottle of wine up dhere in da next ten minutes?"

"Missus Horitsuya said you might ask about that. We've had one on ice for you since she got here. I'll have it brought up."

"Thanks. You'he a peach." Hazel gives the receptionist another appreciative little nod and makes her way upstairs, toward the aforementioned room. It's not a long walk, by any means, though it does somewhat stretch Hazel's given ETA of "five minutes", before she finally stops at a heavy wooden door, with a large set of wooden numbers nailed to its surface and a card reader where the doorknob would be. Hazel hesitates here, stopping long enough to pull her hair back out of her face and give her armpits an experimental sniff, before opening the door with a little electronic bing!.

The room, much like the hotel itself, doesn't look to be anything too fancy. There's a short hallway into the room itself, with a full-length mirror dominating the wall to the right and a large black refrigerator to the left. The mirror is on tracks, and is slightly off from a doorway leading into a small bathroom. Further into the main bedroom, there's a small den-like area off to the right, with a couch and coffee table, on which sits a brown leather briefcase, held shut by a pair of brass clamps, across from a TV displaying the weather channel, volume turned most of the way down. This area is separated from the actual bed by a retractable curtain, which is part of the way drawn, showing a large window on the far wall, under which sits an air conditioner with a digital display. The bed itself is probably the most luxurious item here, king-sized and topped with a set of thick, wooly comforters.

...And a set of dainty, painted toes, poking out from just behind the curtain.

"Honey, I'm home." Hazel quips, setting the bag of documents in one of the chairs in the den area.

"Mhm... come on over here and stay a while..."

Hazel grins and kicks off her shoes, before practically running over to the bed area, drawing the curtain behind her. There are, thankfully, no sounds suggesting that Ava would walk in on anything too embarrassing if she were to move past it, and with room service planned for five minutes from now they're probably not about to start, but they're clearly preoccupied. If she wants to look over the room with the benefit of opposable thumbs, this would probably be the ideal and possibly only time she would get to do so.
[Outten Inn]

Yes, the last thing Ava wanted to do right now was to learn the peculiar's of these women's love life. Unfortunately, she couldn't exactly abandon her duties either. But at this point she questioned what those even entailed. Spying on this Bonnie&Bonnie duo or call for reinforcements?

She didn't feel confident that she could shapeshift back and forth by the time one of them opened the door if they thought they heard something outside yet.. well, she could at least have a look around the room as a spider. She figured she could include any information she found in the report she'd be giving to Intersection.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[A Call]

"Oh May... wait, May?" Reinholdt wasn't expecting to hear from her, but also thought her name was Anastasia! What is going on?

Well May explains what's going on... in the vaguest way possible. Rein frowns, but doesn't reply immediately. It can't be a great idea if Obraine said no, but then Obraine was one of the most risk-averse persons that Rein knew. Or did May mean Kitsuki? Hmm. Well it must be really important if May felt she had to do this no matter what. That can't be ignored either.

Still... "I could possibly, but I'd have to know where we're going and who we're going to see. Unless the plan is to blindfold and take me there yourself. In which case I would remind you I haven't had a surprise birthday party in my life before."

[Charity Dinner]

Reinholdt shivers as both Atya and Braon immediately turn icy on him. What? What, was it something he said? And big guy? He wasn't that big, surely he was...

"OW! OWSTOPGEEZE! What is wrong with you?!" Reinholdt says, grabbing Braon's wrist and wresting his ear from Braon's grip, following along, but not with this violent assault on his person. His eyes narrow considerably and he rubs his ear. "Oh, so no strings attached means I have to lie to my girlfriend and pretend we've never met? Fuck no. Fuck you. Goddesses."

When he's finished making sure there's been no permanent damage, he lowers his hand and settles with a glower. "No strings attached means we go on our way and nothing comes from it and we don't make it a thing. So why are you making it into a thing? So we know each other, big deal. I've met a thousand people in the Nexus."
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Call]

"I've been, um, trying it out. Ana's still fine too." She'd thought Kitty might have mentioned it to Reinholdt while he was babysitting. Then again, there might not have been the time. There's a moment of hesitation, as if even May herself is considering how bad of an idea this is. "It's... someone dangerous. I - I don't think she'll try to hurt me, but I want someone with me just in case." The line is quiet for just long enough to begin to ask for clarification before it is finally given. "...Ilpholin Xar'cha. I need to visit Ilpholin Xar'cha."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[A Call]

"Oh, ok. Well May it is." There's been times in his life where Rein's considered changing his name.

The foxgirl elaborates and when Rein replies, his voice cracks just a little with sudden nervousness. "Ilpholin?" He pauses to clear his throat as if that just didn't happen. "The fanatic in Southside? Was she the one who hurt- no. No, I suppose that's between you and her. I won't ask." Reinholdt's at a loss here. There's some big picture that he isn't seeing. May says Ilpholin wouldn't hurt her, but is scared to go alone and wants to talk about whatever happened that caused the black tail. Perhaps Ilpholin sent someone to hurt her then? Was this a mob hit?

Reinholdt squeezes his eyes shut, trying to block out all the worst assumptions. Honestly, as long as it isn't Magtok May wanted to talk to, anyone would be fine. "Yeah, yeah ok. You know the 24 hour restaurant two blocks from your place? Sunrise Diner? I'll meet you there in twenty minutes, is that ok?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Call]

“I- twenty minutes?” Seems that it’s Rein’s turn to catch someone off-guard. When she’d thought about this May had been picturing something a bit more complicated, like telling Kitty they were going to go to a park tomorrow or something and heading to Ilpholin’s instead. The last thing she wants to do is give her mom another scare about her running away.

But May’s never been the most assertive. So instead of raising this option she hesitates for a moment and goes, ”….okay. I’ll be there.” It’s only ten, she’ll just make it back before they know it. Maybe leave a note just in case.

- - -

[Sunrise Diner]

May arrives around twenty minutes after, dressed in jeans and a dark hoodie. It’s more somber than she usually wears, but less interesting than the sheathed sword at her back. She looks for Reinholdt as she steps in.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outten Inn]

Ava's search will naturally take her to the stolen documents, sooner or later. Getting the bag open to examine them is a bit tougher than would be ideal, but the drawstrings yield to the spider's efforts all the same.

The contents have been shuffled around a bit by the journey, but it seems as though yes, they are indeed exchange records. For the most part, they're sorted by client, in large manilla folders with type-printed tabs. There's a few names there that might look familiar if she's been paying attention to the news, most of them businesses in Riverside of varying degrees of notoriety, including DAMN, Wild Mike's, Madame Fidelity's, and a few others. There are also a few financial firms among them that sound like they're more likely Skyside-based, with a quick look at the folders' contents confirming the same.

Meanwhile, within earshot...

"...Ooh, that's the spot. Ooooh, that's... ooh."

"Tension really does build in dhose shoulders, don't it?"

"You know me too well, Haze. Nnn-ouch!"

"...Sorhy. I'm still figuhing this out. You okay?"

"It's fine, just a pinch."

"...So... we gonna talk 'bout da elephant in da room?"

"What do you mean?"

"Han, how long we been marhied again? I know youh tells. You don't get dis elaborately flihty unless you'he worhied about somethin'."

"...Well, yeah, I... guess so, yeah."

"...'S Abbi, isn't it?"

"...Yeah. I know, I know, you don't like talking about her, and I was really hoping we could stave off any jealousy with-"

"Han, it's okay. She's youh friend. You went through some tough shit with her. And we'he wohking up ta rescuin' her. I don't mind dat she's on youh mind. I haven't even met her and she's on mine."

"...Is that why you went straight for the massage?"

"...Aight, I'm still a little jealous, I guess. Sue me."

[Charity Dinner]

"Yes, that's exactly what it means!" Braon hisses. "Because it's the truth, if you stop to think about it for even half a second! Do you know me? Like actually know me? 'Cause I certainly don't know you! We met one time in Trog's and that's freaking it!" She gives him a little poke in the sternum. "Now you've already gone and implied more than that. You don't 'catch up' with some guy you shared a drink with while watching sportsball at the bar. You don't bother to remember the name of that rando you played checkers with, more often than not. And if you have any sense, you don't make excuses to get away from your fucking girlfriend to be alone with the woman with whom you've experienced a grand total of one night of passion."

Braon glowers at the cat-man, rubbing her wrist offhandedly. "That night at Trog's was supposed to be nothing." She snarls. "And you don't remember nothing. You don't mention nothing. If you don't say anything about nothing it isn't a lie, because it's nothing." She crosses her arms and fixes her gaze squarely into his pupils, looking for all the world as though she were trying to manifest daggers through them. "We clear on that now?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Sunrise Diner]

May was quick to fold when it seems like the time thing would be an issue. Maybe this meeting was a bad idea. Rein's getting some vibes of concern.

Ah well, time to ignore those and go meet up with the three tailed foxgirl.

When she gets there, Rein is seated at a booth, with a coffee in one hand. He's not a fan of coffee in general, but he imagines he needs to be fully awake for the next few hours at least. He'll wave May down with his free hand. "Do you want anything? On me," Reinholdt offers, in case May also was in need of coffee. Can you drink coffee before you're 18? Are there laws about that? Ah well. He can break a law or two. And he doubts anyone will argue with May, given the sword on her back, which Rein eyes for a few moments. That was her weapon of choice huh?

[Charity Dinner]

"If it was supposed to be nothing, why do you even care?" Reinholdt points out the biggest flaw in Braon's logic. "And frankly, I'll decide what it means to me. Not you and not your shrill hissing demands. Find some other rube to play Game of Braon with." Perhaps it wasn't clear.

He rolls his eyes at this point. "Besides, I didn't actually want to talk or catch up with you. I wanted to get the potential mayor I'm backing alone with a Queen. Maybe you're unaware of how the role works, but I was playing wingman just now. World doesn't revolve around you."

Reinholdt does agree with Braon on one thing though and likewise crosses his arms.
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Sunrise Diner]

"Y-yeah, um- coffee would be good. Maybe a crossaint or something." Even with Reinholdt there, May checks over her shoulder and keeps a tight grip on the strap of her sword sheath as the door closes behind her. It's hard to shake the impression of a cat watching for hounds. She takes a seat across from him. "You wanted to talk beforehand?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Charity Dinner]

Braon opens her mouth to object, but closes it again as the implications of Rein's argument start to sink in. She leans around the corner briefly, glancing back to see the Queen and Atya at their respective positions at the table, before coming back around to Rein and letting out a small, embarrassed "oh".

Great. Now she gets to be the asshole.

And this throws Atya's own actions in a different light, too. Had she spotted the setup that Braon clearly missed? Was Braon the only person here completely out of the loop?

...Ugh. That's not a good feeling.

"...Well, fine." She says after a moment, eye contact pointedly broken. "If we're trying to give her alone time with the queen, we'll probably need to stay away for a minute, yeah? And I'm not going the 'awkward silence' route."

As any of the passing partygoers could attest.

"...I still really want to punch you." She admits after a moment. "I'm not going to. But I really want to."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Charity Dinner]

"Indeed not. A surprising number of the elves who dwell there moved here, to Riverside." The Queen steps a little closer to Atya, having seemingly forgotten Reinholdt for a moment. "Now they are subject to this city's law, not my rule or that of their community's elders. But as their queen I am still concerned with their fortunes."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Charity Dinner

"Certainly overwhelming, they must work you to the bone," says Atya sympathetically, smiling at Obriane. "But the fact that you're doing your best will mean a lot to them, throughout their whole lives. If me and my siblings grew up with a mother? Well, we'd have turned out a lot better, that's for sure."

It's pretty telling about the state of the rest of them that Atya is one of the most well adjusted and stable in her entire family.

A waiter stops by, who serving Atya a glass of... something that seems to be smoking a bit. Obriane is given a glass of water, since she didn't order anything else. The would-be mayor takes a sip as she considers the question.

"Yeah, I definitely lean towards socialism. Helping out the poor, the lower class, stuff like that. It's important, right? That's why I'll be defunding the police force and reallocating city funds to help level the playing field and stimulate the economy. Small businesses will get tax breaks, and I'll work on an emergency investment program to help out with loans, grants, etcetera." She thinks for a second. "Oh yeah, and there should be easily accessible childcare. That'd be a good thing too."

Atya smiles up at the Queen, completely unfazed by her nearness. "Is that so? Well I suppose our cities are sisters then, in a way. I'd certainly love to strengthen that tie through commerce and community exchange."

She runs a hand through her bleached hair. "Of course, species relations can always be a little fraught. I've received bigotry from both humans and elves due to sharing their blood, but I like to believe things are more enlightened here. In fact, I think it puts me in a unique position to relate to both of them, and providing a safe and diverse home for people of all backgrounds is an important part of my platform."

Leaning forward, she tilts her head to one side. "I see no reason why we couldn't work together to help both our causes, although I'd love to learn a little bit more about the policies of your city, and yourself, your majesty."