HALO CLXXXV: The Titles End Here

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: HALO CLXXXV: The Titles End Here

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Mar 22, 2024 9:11 am [Shark to Meet You]

Oooh, fascinating. What an unusual coloration. Maria pulls out her notebook to start to sketch the shark when another bonk on the door reminds her that perhaps sketching during the middle of an aquatic ambush was ill advised. Ah well. There should be something around for this. The librarian looks around and finds the clearly marked 'Shark Repellent Cat Spray'. There we go. That should stop the natural wildlife from attempting to reclaim the waters.

Maria loads it up into the dispersal system and activates it. Shortly thereafter, the waters just around HALO will be inundated with a scent aggressively malodorous to sharks. A way to drive them off without hurting them. Should take care of the problem.
[Shark to Meet You]

First the shark appears confused, or angry, or happy or really any emotion as its expression looks exactly the same as before.

But one thing is clear, that spray seems to be working given how it starts trashing around as its caught by it. But rather than swimming away its suddenly enveloped in a green cloud of glowing smoke of some kind and in its place is suddenly a significantly smaller humanoid woman flailing about.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Lab

"Well, I only have the two, and it's not like people go asking me for duels and relationship advice particularly often."
Artie considers the question. "I suppose right away is fine. I think it might be fun for Skye to see what she might look like in a few years? And last time I used my mask it was only for an hour anyway."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 18, 2024 10:31 pm [Fourth Tower Compound]

That's gonna be a bit much for Jaahlyn's pride to handle.
At first she just seems to be surprised by Vax's outburst, her mouth left hanging open. But that soon melts away into a frown. "I've lived thousands of your lifetimes! Don't you dare treat me as some damn child!"
Murkus wrote: Mar 21, 2024 6:50 pm [Fourth Tower Compound]

"Jim," Sticks hedges, still feeling he needs to say something regarding this full explanation, "If any other ontologically biased extraplanar beings ask you for assistance, I do recommend you come to me first. What's more, er... why did you help this creature in the first place? Simply because it was an 'angel'? And why you?"

There might not be time now for those questions to be answered.

"Ladies, please!" Sticks exclaims. He opens one spindly hand. "Miss Vax. Is there some danger to the broader world we ought to be concerned with, should we utilize the substance? Or would it be a danger to ourselves only? In the latter case, why not let us trade for some? What concern is it of yours if amateurs injure themselves?"

"And Miss Jaahlyn," Sticks says, "Isn't it possible this refined substance developed by the Tower lies outside the halls of your experience?" The comment about Jaahlyn's... extended lifetimes will have to wait for the moment.

Finally, for both or either of them, he adds, "What precisely is the danger in this substance? In practical terms?"
[Fourth Tower Compound]

Vax holds back some choice words for Jaahlyn. Let her recover some dignity in her response to Sticks, if she's capable of it. Instead she addresses the mage's question. "You could absolutely do ecological damage with nevarath, but even if you couldn't I'm not such a callous being as to dole out such a dangerous substance. If you're dissatisfied with that answer, you can try your hand at asking Sekai. I'll save you the trip, however; even she isn't so senseless as to give an answer any different than mine."

The warlock turns to Jim now. "No, you won't be leaving here with navarath, so how about we engage with this problem productively instead of arguing? You said this woku only harassed you because of some dealing with another fey, yes? I assume you have more than a scarce description of this angel?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Mar 21, 2024 7:00 pm Halo Skybase

"Yeah, I get it. Having to make everything water-resistant for me is a serious pain. But I can't really help being amphibious.
I uh, hear Mister Bushranger's costume was kind of tight. Which does work for if I have to swim or wear it under clothes but well."
It probably wouldn't be super flattering.
"Of course I'd volunteer to vanish. But uh. Well. You have to be ok with seeing me naked. Since my clothes fall off. And also does it have to be here? It's kind of a long way down if I slip and fall through the floor." Yes Henry getting a scientist to examine you means going to their lab.
[Halo Skybase]

"Oh, no, the waterproofing part is actually really simple. Moisture wicking, hydrophobic coatings, thermal fabrics... there's so many solutions for the basic problem of 'this is getting wet and I don't want it to be', it would be more difficult to give you something that is ruined by being underwater." Vlad leads Henry up to his lab, which looks to essentially be a converted on-site tool storage room. "No, see, the bigger problem is that since you aren't quite your standard ghost, I can't just shape some ectoplasm and call it a day. I need to put together something more specialized to your particular mechanics and such."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Mar 18, 2024 11:00 pm[A Meeting of Minds]

"If I find myself lacking research material someday, I know what I can focus on," Dorota half-jokes. "I should put these somewhere safe and observe them."
[A Meeting of Minds]

"They don't seem sentient so that wouldn't be questionable at least." Ambrosia remarks in reference to putting them away. "It's curious, they don't behave like spirit possessed objects or like Mrs Iwatsuki's drones."

She pauses and turns to Utayo.

"Which reminds me, did you bring one of them with you? Since as I understand it, they're made with a combination of spirit generated energy and machinery, correct? I believe Dorota would be interested in seeing one in action. Since they are, at least from some people's perspective, fueled by divine energy which has been utilized by technology."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Lab

Jim gives Vax a look but chooses not to point out that half the arguing is happening because she can’t open her mouth without being condescending.
”This happened all because of a white-haired satyr. He’s a murderer and a predator and he won’t be bothering the mortal realm anymore.”
If his player recalls Jim was told his name but I cannot find it. Jim leans in and adds one thing whispered almost inaudibly in Sticks’s ear. Then he turns back to the group at large.
”The angel was called Shadow in Light, and appeared exactly as that. They were specifically investigating this world for this fey. And probably others; like I said they were clearly using me so I didn’t get the full scope of their duties.”

Jim holds up a finger.
”But there is something else. The woku never mentioned any of this. She just said ‘because of how you made me suffer’ and she knew about the fake vettir mask I used. Jaahlyn’s…other suggested that this could all be a ruse. An excuse for her to pull an elaborate prank on a mortal”

Skybase

”Well, if it might help, I did get a Thanksmas gift that almost works as I need it to. But it’s very fancy and probably expensive.”
Henry pulls out the phase-spider silk shirt that Owena gave him. It more or less does what he wants it to, but it’s also super dressy so even if it worked perfectly he’d never want to just wear it around town and risk getting it dirty.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Lab

Vax would, if she looked it up, see that this particular angel is written in the fourth tower records. However, not much beyond their name is known about them. It is an unusual name for an angel however and the fact it's star isn't located near other angels suggests that it must be something of an outsider. Indeed, it's star is not visible from Elshar so it's overall pretty mysterious even for a fey.

However, since it is in their record it must have been interacted with at some point.

She would also know that the 'Other' Jim is speaking of must be Baphoreth who is known for being able to tell the future among other things. A fey of knowledge which is ironic considering the ignorance Jaahlyn is displaying.

Speaking of, the satyr is taking a deep breath after those heated words. Apparently her whole plan had been shut down and now they were doing something completely different? Fine.

"I'm just gonna... I need a moment."
Then she's going to walk straight out of the office.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Skybase]

"...That actually is incredibly helpful, since it does the job of engineering the needed materials for me. All I'd need to do is get it under a nanoscope and see what I can do about replicating it... provided you don't mind essentially having every outfit be silk pajamas." Vlad takes the shirt and gently feels it up between his finger and thumb, giving a little nod of approval. "Good stuff. Your grandmum has excellent taste."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Skybase

"Oh, my girlfriend gave it to me. Our families are a bit old-fashioned so I think she thought it would go a silk hat. Which it would." Henry pantomimes tipping a top hat.
"I definitely don't mind silk. My sister's a spider. But if possible I think I'd like at least one practical outfit for field work. I'm Halo's paranormal investigator. Not that they really ask me to do much. But like...I should be able to be set for work you know?"
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[A Meeting of Minds]

"They seem to be... pantomiming life without any direction or purpose," Dorota ventures. "And that's true, I would like to see one of those."

[Rec Room]

That's not an entirely truthful answer, Calm Reed can tell. But Reinholdt's hatred of Magtok is either genuine or masterfully feigned. Calm Reed doubts it's the latter.

"Her mother is married to him. But I appreciate your insight." She takes a short bow after quickly assessing the situation. She has likely found out all she can here. Reinholdt is now guarded and isn't likely to tell her anything sensitive. "I thank you for answering my questions and... apologize for any distress caused." Not an easy admission for her. "Being delicate has never been my strong suit, as my masters used to remind me."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Shark to Meet You]

Oh, huh. That shark was a person. A spirit perhaps? One of those aquatic humanoids Maria's heard about? Truly fascinating. Maria takes just a moment to mark that in her notes real quick before the realization that perhaps this aquatic humanoid spirit might want inside.
Just one more note.

Alright, Maria will open up the water lock so the shark spirit can get inside, then drain the water to shuttle buoyancy levels. So there's still technically water in there if the spirit needs to stay in it. Or she can get to the door and open it like a normal person exiting the shuttle would. Whichever choice she makes, Maria's writing it down.

[Rec Room]

Reinholdt tapes the gauze bandage in place and nods solemnly at Calm Reed. "Of course. No harm done." Well, the pool stick might disagree, but it doesn't get a say in the matter.

"Is that right? Well it's probably a mistake, but it's hers to make. How long have they been married now?" Rein asks quietly.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Shark to Meet You]

The figure was just about to start swimming for the surface when the water lock opens and it decides to swim inside instead.

Just look at it go paddling away.

Eventually a purple woman in swimwear emerges from the water and nearly collapses onto the floor.
But instead she drags herself along and makes her way over to the door.
The first knock on it she makes with her head as she lightly bumps into it but then she musters the energy to knock before actually attempting to open it.

[Rec Room]

The pool stick and Rein's arm. But both are silent.

And so is Ambrosia.
At least until it seems the conversation is coming to an end.
"I have some questions for you Calm Reed, once you're done."
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Rec Room]

"I do not know. I only heard about it recently." Entirely true, since it was Saint Lazarus who told her. "I have ask Sir Reinholdt all I wished to, so I can answer your questions in turn," she tells Ambrosia.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Mar 24, 2024 6:20 pm Skybase

"Oh, my girlfriend gave it to me. Our families are a bit old-fashioned so I think she thought it would go a silk hat. Which it would." Henry pantomimes tipping a top hat.
"I definitely don't mind silk. My sister's a spider. But if possible I think I'd like at least one practical outfit for field work. I'm Halo's paranormal investigator. Not that they really ask me to do much. But like...I should be able to be set for work you know?"
[Skybase]

"Oh, right..." Vlad grins, returning the tipped hat gesture. "Sorry, spend a lot of time up here, away from people, I sometimes forget we live in anachronism central." He gestures back at the planes out on the hangar floor. "Somehow. Guess I kinda get into the headspace of working for a museum or something."

"Anyway!" He claps his hands together. "I'll see if I can get you hooked up with some ghost-denim or something. Or maybe ghost-kevlar. Something like that. But... you said this was spider silk? Pound for pound, that's some pretty hardy stuff, at least in tension. Might as well be wearing steel foil." He smiles. "Point being, you don't have to worry too much about it being delicate. I mean, take care of that shirt your girlfriend gave you, obviously, just in case. But when these other things come through, don't worry, it'll be as functional as it is comfortable. Provided I can get it all to work, that is. Extraplanar materials are tricky that way."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Skybase

"Heh. I think it's less anachronism and more that my family hasn't been outside in a few generations. Not sure how they managed to meet people to marry." He's oddly never asked.
"Well, maybe not delicate. But I figured that something this poofy isn't really gear for when you might need to punch a ghost."
This time Henry does look down at himself.
"And for the record, shoes aren't needed here." He's quite happy to not be worrying about that.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Shark to Meet You]

The door opens readily without much difficulty or fanfare. Maria is there, the librarian in a longer dress and scribbling furiously in her notebook. She does frown a little at Anika, taking a note that aquatic spirits truly are larger than landborne spirits. Just as how things get monstrous the deeper one goes, so too has this spirit's height abnormally spiked.

Oh right. She's just kinda flopped on the floor there like a fish. "Ah, we have a pool, would you feel more habitable within those confines? It's not saltwater though, so I cannot recommend an extended duration of stay within, but it should suffice for a reasonable increment of time." How Maria will get Anika to said pool is a question even Maria hasn't considered yet.

[Rec Room]

"Of course. Excuse me," Reinholdt says. Calm Reed is entirely untrustworthy. Knowing about Caelynn, but asking about Magtok anyways. Coming to him for it. Pretending there's room for her to not be involved one moment, admitting she knows Blanche is already the next. But Rein lacks the leverage for a direct confrontation here. He can't let this go either, not where Blanche is involved. What's Magtok's game this time? Did he send Calm Reed to rub the marriage in Rein's face? Honestly, aside from Blanche's emotional entanglements, he couldn't care less about Caelynn hooking up with Magtok after all.

Rein collects the broken stick and steps out, heading towards the entrance. When Calm Reed leaves, she'll go back to the shuttle bay. Rein has to beat her to the surface.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Shark to Meet You]

Anika stares back at the librarian, her dripping wet hair nearly obscuring her amber eyes as a small puddle of water builds up underneath her. "What are you on about, lady? I don't want more water. It took way too long to find this base in the first place. You should really put a big glowing sign over the base so people can find it easier." Like perhaps a big yellow exclamation mark?

[Rec Room]

Ambrosia sees Rein moving in the corner of her eye and moves in to intercept him. "Just one moment please. I'd like to discuss a thing with you in private."

She looks to Calm reed, hoping that would be enough of a cue for her to leave them alone for a moment.
Since she only really had one question to Rein before he left.
"What was your impression of her? Since that was as far from official vigil business as it comes."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 23, 2024 10:23 am [A Meeting of Minds]

"They don't seem sentient so that wouldn't be questionable at least." Ambrosia remarks in reference to putting them away. "It's curious, they don't behave like spirit possessed objects or like Mrs Iwatsuki's drones."

She pauses and turns to Utayo.

"Which reminds me, did you bring one of them with you? Since as I understand it, they're made with a combination of spirit generated energy and machinery, correct? I believe Dorota would be interested in seeing one in action. Since they are, at least from some people's perspective, fueled by divine energy which has been utilized by technology."
Morty wrote: Mar 24, 2024 9:51 pm [A Meeting of Minds]

"They seem to be... pantomiming life without any direction or purpose," Dorota ventures. "And that's true, I would like to see one of those."
[A Meeting of Minds]

Utayo's eyebrows quirk up at the suggestion, but she has no protest. "The energy is quite divorced from it's original source at this point." She explains, but even so she touches a point on her skirt. With a light tug she pulls a section of it away, and it immediately starts to fold before their eyes. In barely a moment it's shaped like a butterfly. She lets it go and it flutters in the air between them. "These are a variant I designed myself."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Shark to Meet You]

"We haven't had anyone else experience troubles following the signs to the shuttles by the shore that bring them here. But then we've never had anyone decide they want to take a direct aquatic approach as a potentially hostile creature without means to communicate before. My apologies for the shark repellent cat spray," Maria says, mildly abashed. But still taking notes. Gotta sketch that bod. It will join a million other sketches of flora and fauna built up over the years of various indigenous species.

"A towel perhaps then? What kind of creature are you, to possess multiple forms that thrive in varying environments?" There's probably towels around here. Make sure the entryway stays dry and all that. Maria presumes.

[Rec Room]

"Hmm? Certainly." Reinholdt will step aside with Ambrosia to address her concerns. "You don't think she's from VIGIL then? I couldn't say for sure. It shouldn't be particularly hard to check with Cessie. I would still guess there's some personal element involved. There usually is when it comes to Magtok."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Rec Room]

"She's from vigil." That much Ambrosia knew.
"We've met before and since then I've confirmed her membership." She mentioned Calm Reed to both Wenomir and Cessie and they never objected to her membership.

"I'm not just sure she's acting in their best interests right now. Think she's an agent of Magtok? I don't know enough about him or her to make any guesses but the way you acted, she certainly seemed to be able to get to you." And since Rein and Magtok seemed to be such close enemies I'd made sense that the cyborg would know how to rile Rein up, even through an agent.

[Shark to Meet You]

Now that brings a sudden smile to Anika's face as she puts her hands on her hips. "Well, what can I say? I like to go my own way." No matter how inconvenient and time-wasting it was apparently.

"And that, uh, shark spray was no big deal. I just changed form so you guys would know it was me." She closes her eyes for a moment and nods when she suddenly has a terribly realization when Maria poses that second question.

"...since you know who I am, right? Anika. Anika Sunfletcher?" The druid points her thumb in the direction behind her. "From VIGIL. I'm like their most famous member aside from C and W command."

She casually grabs one of the towels and starts drying off her hair. It does look like she was trying to shake off the water at one point which is why there's little drops of water everywhere.
"I'm a druid."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Mar 25, 2024 8:38 pm Skybase

"Heh. I think it's less anachronism and more that my family hasn't been outside in a few generations. Not sure how they managed to meet people to marry." He's oddly never asked.
"Well, maybe not delicate. But I figured that something this poofy isn't really gear for when you might need to punch a ghost."
This time Henry does look down at himself.
"And for the record, shoes aren't needed here." He's quite happy to not be worrying about that.
[Skybase]

"There are probably conventions for that sort of thing. Or at least support groups. Some sort of formal gathering of people with a common interest." Vlad proposes. That would only make sense, right?

"Anyway." He continues, holding open the door to his workshop. "I can set you up for 'not puffy'. That'll be fairly simple, even. You have no idea the amount of trouble that goes into making a fluffy garment in the first place."

He doesn't know, either. But he assumes it's a lot.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Skybase

Luckily for Vlad, Henry has been a shark long enough for it to be unlikely he'll knock something important over with his tail.
"...really? That's all there is? You're a multitalented man, to be an aerospace engineer and a materials and fabrication expert. I thought this would be more complicated." Henry certainly isn't complaining, that's for sure.
"Is it going to be expensive to make?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Skybase]

"Ah, I don't know about that." Vlad chuckles, rubbing at the back of his neck awkwardly. "If you asked me to do this project from scratch, I'd probably just stare at you. But, I'm about as far from 'scratch' as you can really get, so this'll be... well, pretty simple." He grins. "And not at all costly. So no need to worry about bringing any cash. I'll be taking this one pro bono."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Skybase

"Oh, okay. Well by all means, don't be afraid to charge me if I end up needing an extra or too. My family does have enough money to cover it. I don't want to put Halo in a hole for me."
He ponders the situation. He was definitely not prepared to have this problem be so readily solved, even if he did already have an example of what he needed.
"I guess I just need to get a lesson or two on the punching part of punching a ghost and I'm actually maybe prepared."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Skybase]

"Now, see, that I consider within my wheelhouse." Vlad grins. "I used to box back in the day. Heavyweight division, ARC Saint Petersburg campus. Made top fifty." He mimes throwing a few jabs, before giving Henry a clap on the shoulder. "If you want, I could hook you up with some lessons. I've got a few friends with notes of their own, even, so you won't be locked into one paradigm. Just say the word."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Skybase

Henry smiles, which hopefully isn't scary. He does have a way of making that toothy shark grin look mostly harmless.
"Oh, I think that'd be swell. I haven't wanted to press the issue since most people in the organization seemed to not be the fighty type. Or used guns." And guns are neat but generally aren't helpful for the kind of things he'd be investigating. And also he just doesn't trust himself with one.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Rec Room]

"Ehhh... Magtok prefers to let you know very openly he's the one responsible. With some exceptions, but I don't see why this would be one. I can't say whose best interests she's acting in right now, but I know it isn't Blanche's. Any more than that at this point would just be speculation." They don't have enough evidence. Rein intends to get some though.

[Shark to Meet You]

Maria raises an eyebrow, pausing momentarily. "Then... by all means, go your own way. But don't complain when you get yourself lost cause you didn't follow the signs." The librarian returns to and finishes her sketch. She's remarkably fast and pretty accurate. Years of practice show and it's almost artistic, but endeavors to be as realistic as possible.

"Since when has VIGIL been taken control over by alphabetical letters? I can not say I apprise myself with the mundanity of current events so... regardless of your alphabet leadership, I have no active knowledge of VIGIL membership, nor of this CW." A fancy way of saying Maria's never heard of Anika. She probably should have paid more attention during that joint King in Rags meeting.

"I am, however, familiar with the druidic arts. What species are you then? I am not familiar with any so... tall." From the librarian desk, everyone seems taller than her, but Maria was standing this time! Disappointing that it's not a spirit though. Maria marks out a line in her notes.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Shark to Meet You]

"Actually, I need to speak to a book person and you seem like one." Since how many people just walked around with a notebook and a normal book? Book persons, that's who. Like her nerdy sister!

Anika then opens her mouth to ask her big question when Maria counters with her own. Oh geez, people were asking her stuff now?

"Well... okay, for your first question I was talking about Cessie and Wenomir. I just call them W and C since it's easier." She could never remember their last names. Did Wenomir even have one? Maybe they should just call him 'Wenomir Vigil' or 'Wenomir Commander' at this point.
"For your second one, I'm a kaldorei and we're not that tall. 'Cause isn't your leader a giant or something? Since I heard that she's mega-tall."

[Rec Room]

"Really? I suppose that does make sense." Ambrosia admits as she gives it some more thought. From what little she knew of him he did seem bombastic. "But I'll see if I can get any more out of her then. What are you going to do?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Shark to Meet You]

"Oh," Maria says lightly before adding. "Yeah, I have no idea who those people are. Perhaps once their deeds are properly codified in literature history..." Does the Watchforce show count?

"Kaldorei, Kaldorei... that seems to have elvish roots. Sky? Stars? Progeny?" Maria makes several brand new notes next to her sketch of Anika's bod. "Is our leader tall? I can't say I've ever seen her around."

But that's not particularly relevant here! There are so many more pressing questions. "Is druidism a common practice among the Kaldorei or did you learn it elsewhere? Where do the Kaldorei live? Are they a patriarchal, matriarchal, or equalitarian society? How long does the average Kaldorei live? Are there specific or unique dietary requirements for your kind? Does your society believe in marriage, arranged or otherwise? Do the Kaldorei have any natural enemies? Were you summoned to the Nexus against your own will, born here, or has your society breached dimensional barriers through their own merits? Would you say the Kaldorei worship technology, mysticism, or religion more?"

[Rec Room]

"Basic recon," Reinholdt replies to Ambrosia quietly. "Wait til she leaves, then follow her. See if I can't learn anything from where she goes and what she does."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Shark to Meet You]

Anika's eyes widens. "You don't know who the commanders are?" She nearly shouts back. She thought halo people were supposed to know stuff!
But then the lady had more questions. What was her name again? Had she even said it? "Er, elvish? I guess some people call us that. But we're not like the elves from around here. We're something completely different."

Then the queen of questions dropped another bomb, she hadn't seen her own leader?!

She had to be a newbie, a noob. There was no other way.
But before can even recover from that bombshell of an admission a new wave of questions washed over her.

She blinks.

Geez, how was she supposed to answer all that?
"Uh... I- we're pretty druid-y and we're immortal 'cause of a tree. As for religion we follow Elune. But before I answer any more questions, I came here for a reason, I'd like to ask if you know what Phyrexia is?"

[Rec Room]

The scholar nods. "Right. I'm just gonna ask her a few questions and then let her leave so just be ready then."

Then she's going to slowly maker her way out the room, giving Rein plenty of time taking whatever route he had planned, and see if she can find Calm Reed outside the rec room.
"Apologies, I hope you're not in a rush. I never got the impression that you were but do tell me if that's the case and I'll make this briefer."