Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Home

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

Samantha waves to Benedict and his wives as they start to leave, and Mergei and Libby wave back. Donatien just gurgles a chuckle. Benedict will hand the jar over, with its preservative fluid to keep Jackson... relatively fresh, if they put him back.

"Of course, you're busy I've no doubt. My footman will lead you out." Benedict gestures, and the large man with the bronze mask bolted to his face appears and will open the intervening doors to take them to their carriage.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

Of course, there's no sense in carrying Jackson and the jar separately, so Jubilee will do the obvious, practical thing and promptly drop the head into it... but after retrieving her stocking from his mouth. No sense in ruining the good nylon this way.

After securing the jar, she'll hand it back to Samantha, remaining silent all the way back to the carriage. Even then, she just gives the driver directions to take them back to Trog's (which receives a headless confirmation nod in return) and climb into the carriage, propping up her feet on the opposite seat, lost in thought.

Which was rarer for her than she would care to admit.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Richards' Residence]

Do unicorns have shotgun weddings?

You know, what with them being symbols of purity and everything?

Regardless, Geneva definitely seems interested in wedding details. "And when are you expecting Kit?" she asks.

Gilda, meanwhile, is busy peeking over the edge of the couch to bat at the pomph at the end of Khannie's tail.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

Jace sighs mightily. "I don't know, Geneva. In the next few months, maybe? No one knows how this works. No one even knows if he's just going to pop into existence or if at any moment I'm going to spontaneously grow new organs to do all the foal-having and feeding and what have you the old fashioned way."
He tosses his head somewhat indignantly. "Our friend Fortuna seemed insistent that I ought to be doing things traditionally."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richards' Residence]

"Really? That's fascinating," Geneva comments, examining Jace with those big bird eyes of hers. "I've definitely noticed the physiological difference between you and Khannie. Khannie could almost pass for an equestrian unicorn, save for a number of unusual features. But you're quite different with quite a bit more resemblance to equines of humanoid-dominated worlds. Is it typical for anatomy to change?"

"I got way more flexible just cuz I walked on my hind hooves a bunch," Khannie points out. "I think maybe the sorta unicorns we are look like whatever we think a unicorn should be like?"

"Interesting. That would imply that, at some level, you think a mother unicorn should be more motherly regardless of Fortuna's uncharacteristic insistence on tradition," Geneva says.

Gilda swats the end of Khannie's tail!

And her talons come away with a blob of shadow stuck to them. She begins flailing her paw around in a futile bid to dislodge the sticky (but harmless) darkness.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

"It is maybe a bit uncharacteristic. But not necessarily in other ways."
Jace doesn't trust Fortuna. But despite her trickery, Jace actually trusts her to be more or less honest. Not straightforward, but honest. She has mislead him but never lied to him. Except when she says she's not up to anything, which is obviously always a lie. And she's always been pretty honest about caring more about the Vallarms than just about anything else (on account of not seemingly caring about much else). And perhaps also her former family, as Jace also notes she has apparently not even spoken to them since their wedding. Which given her nature, is actually something.
"Well of course a mother is motherly. It's in the word. Having a human perspective is partially the cause of all of this. It's certainly why I occasionally get magical morning sickness and wobbly-hooves despite that not really being a thing with mares from what I can tell. Even if I have not done any research on how mares work."
Which was probably for his own protection.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Mar 15, 2024 2:38 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

"Right, exactly." Reilana confirms, filing that away with the other facts that she's still actively turning over in her mind. Dulci can practically see the gear turning.

Something in Dulcinea's tone snaps her out of it, though. The necromancer looks up from the book to meet her eye. "Yeah? Go ahead."
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Before I was discharged from the hospital, a pair of researchers from the Fourth Tower came to visit," Dulcinea begins to explain. "The two I'd met when I thought I was still dying, Zhareen and Vax - which I hadn't told you about, I realize." At the time, she'd figured the whole "attempting to donate her body to science" thing wouldn't have been something Reilana would approve of.

"Point is, they came calling because they had apparently heard of the work you did to save me, and it interested them. I believe they - aheh - see you as a promising potential student, and are hoping to meet with you." There's something reserved to Dulcinea's words here, as if she's holding something back in the moment. Whether it's additional information or her own feelings on the matter is harder to tell.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Flats and Cats]

The news takes Blanche by surprise. She had expected more dramatic troubles, but that doesn't mute the sudden sense of gravity she feels towards it. "Oh shit. I'm sorry." What else can she say? "How much time do you have? Have you already been evicted?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana arches her eyebrow at this new revelation. She thinks she's heard of this Fourth Tower before, but she doesn't really know anything substantial about them. "Kinda wondering how they heard about it at all, but they were already clued into your situation?" Speculation, but that seems like the reason Dulcinea might have visited some magical group.

"But they want to teach me? Not sure what they mean by that. I doubt they've studied my kind of necromancy." From what Jostan says, it's something of a scarce art around these parts. "I guess I'm glad they're impressed at least. It's nice to be appreciated." She smiles slightly.

"I assume it was easier to find you at the hospital than my home address, so that's why they went through you? What do you think of them?" The necromancer is keeping most of her skepticism below the surface right now. It's at least interesting to hear about this.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Flats and Cats]

"Uhh... Like, I guess a day..?" Elizabeth says, a little hopelessly. "I've basically already been evicted, but fuck, I still gotta move my stuff and I sure as hell aren't handing in my keys till then." Not that changing the locks would even help keep her out, but it's the principle of the thing. "Not that I have anywhere to store it, though," she adds, with a sigh.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Flats and Cats]

A day?? Blanche's eyes widen minutely in horror. "Shit." She bites her lip, something simmering within her brain. It doesn't take her long to make a choice. The right thing to do is obvious here, and she's not about to abandon her sister in dire straits. "Okay. How much space do you need?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Ah, yes. I, er, may have visited them to discuss donating my body to science." Dulcinea smiles awkwardly as she throws this out like it means very little, then breezily attempts to shift the topic. "I think I like them. Or at least am interested in them. Vax seems smart, competent and ambitious. A long-term planner. And her partner... well, she seems genuinely quite nice. Very pleasant to talk to. Plus, I think their motives are honest. They do actually seem to care about the wellbeing and prosperity of their students... which brings you to the reason I bring this all up now, potential for higher education aside."

Once again, Dulcinea pauses, only slightly for dramatic effect. "I feel confident in that assessment because I heard these... whispers when I rather pointedly questioned them about it. And when that happened, they said that I had been directing spirits when I did so." She purses her lip. "Which... has confirmed some suspicions I've had since that night that these voices and intuitions I've been half-hearing and feeling since then might be the spirits you bound to me. And which is why they both urged me to visit them with you so we could assess what was occurring."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richards' Residence]

"It's certainly an oddity. Is that normal for unicorns? That their nature is based largely on their self image?" Geneva inquires.

"I mean if it worked for my weird hoof hands then I dunno why not? I just wanted to be able to pick stuff up," Khannie says, holding up one of her front hooves to flex it a little. The four toes on it are just flexible enough to use as fingers. She doesn't really have any fine dexterity to speak of, but she can grip objects easily enough to manipulate them.

If she's needing to do anything more fiddly than that she just uses her equestrian unicorn magic.

It's very helpful to have.

"That certainly poses some interesting questions," Geneva muses. "What's to stop you from simple willing your child to exist now? It's been a few months after all. Is he just not conceptually ready to see the world yet?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

"Apparently yes. But unicorns normally are born unicorns so they know what they are from the start and how they work." Jace grumbles.
"And it's not that easy! If I just wanted my hands back and I could poof myself into a human I would have done so the second I got like this. And besides. Kit is a unicorn too, so he gets a say in it. So I can't just...do that. Making myself show I can do. Apparently."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Flats and Cats]

"... A bit? I mean, I'm facing the idea that I might need to pawn off or dump some stuff, I guess I only really need my clothes and a couple of computers, and some space to dump Polly- sorry, just a project I'm working on. And a place to sleep of course, but hell, a couch would do at this point. But like... I have a 3D printer and a server rack and some workshop tools I'd really like to hang onto if I could... and those all use up a lot of space to be honest. Dunno how I fit em all in my room to begin with." Elizabeth goes through the mental list on her head. Those things were expensive, and had taken some time to set up right. She'd hate to loose them. "Why? You know a place?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

"If you can make yourself look pregnant then you can prolly do other stuff. It's just gotta be something, like I dunno, something that you think unicorns are like?" Khannie insists. She's been quite adamant that her dad just hasn't been trying hard enough.

How can a unicorn with a mantle of zeal not try hard enough?

That's the question.

Maybe Khannie's impression of what a unicorn is like is more equestria while Jace's is more based on his home world?

Geneva for her part is looking thoughtful. She has deep ponderings!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards’ Residence

”But I know what unicorns are like! We’ve met one. And my hooves did change.” Jace’s hooves have gotten more cloven and feathered (the horse kind not the literal kind) as time went on.
”And I can’t help but notice your vocal chords don’t work any better than mine do, little miss.” It’s true. Jace and Khannie both talk by magical cheating.
”Something on your mind, Geneva? You seem lost in thought.”
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Flats and Cats]

Blanche frowns for a moment. "Okay. Well, we might need to find a storage space, but... if you want, I have room." She hesitates. "I live over in Riverside, so it'd be a bit of a change, and it'll be a little cramped for two, but it's something, and I won't charge you."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

Khannie puffs out her cheeks in consternation. "That's different making human language sounds is hard when your mouth and stuff are different."

In truth, she has just been accustomed to using illusions to avoid making animal noises for some time now.

"He have a cake for dessert at Gabriel's insistence. It isn't a birthday cake as such but if your son decided to make an appearance maybe it COULD be," Geneva muses. "Assuming I'm understanding the implications of unicorns of your sort being primarily creatures of belief in a sense."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

"Yes, and holding things is hard when you don't have hands but you solved the problem." Jace chuckles, which is to say he conjures a sound of himself saying it while snorting most horse-ishly.

But of course what Geneva says produces and extremely mentally audible GASP! and the sound of something weightless somehow hitting the floor.
But Auntie today is Papa's birthday and everyone knows there has to be a birthday cake on a birthday he said so what if the wrong kind of cake doesn't work right and my hooves fall off I made sure that I would be ready for Papa's birthday because if I wasn't he'd have to wait until next year to have birth. says the glowing silhoutte of a tiny unicorn foal next to Geneva.
And also I want cake. A spectral glance is thrown at Jace.
Please.

Jace, for his part, stares rather blankly as the swelling of his belly visibly shrinks to nothing.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

Stark silence hangs over the room.

Khannie stares in shock. She had been visiting her dad's dreamscape since that's a thing kumiho can do so she recognizes Kit right away. Kit may or may not recognize her since she definitely isn't a fox with a nubby unicorn horn right now. She didn't know there was a birthday sharing plan!

Geneva stares in shock! She didn't expect that to work! And she didn't know that this get together was scheduled for Jace's birthday! Why hadn't anyone told her!?

Gwen doesn't stare in shock. She just kind of shuffles behind the couch a little further.

Gilda doesn't stare in shock, either. But she DOES immediately try pouncing on Kit.

Welcome to life! You're going to get attacked by fuzzy griff cubs starting....

Right now.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Flats and Cats]

On instinct, Elizabeth opens her mouth to decline the offer. No, no way, She was not about to go crash with her actual soldier of a half sister she barely knew!

But she hesitates. Yeah, okay, it was almost certainly going to be horrifying awkward. She and Blanche probably did not have a lot of common interests, or shared life habits, or any compatibility as roommates in the slightest- other than a shared hatred of the Ascendancy. But it's not like she has a choice. This was a room! A place to stay! And she didn't even have to pay rent, which was huge! What idiot would pass that up?

Plus, she was maybe being too harsh on Blanche. She had let her off the hook before for a serious crime, got her coffee, and now was offering her a free room. That was... a genuinely kind gesture, even if the medic seemed to struggle with putting on a nice face and offering comforting words.

"Really? You'd do that for me? I mean, uh... yeah. Yeah, I'll take that. Uh, thanks, really! You're actually a lifesaver." Elizabeth lets out one hell of a sigh of relief, a large weight now suddenly and visibly lifted off her shoulders.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

Gilda sails right through Kit and probably into the cabinets because Kit is a mystical phantom unicorn foal. At least until the sun comes out from behind a cloud. Then the light shining through the window and onto Kit reveals him fully. He's blue like his father, with silver patterns swirling about his coat. His horn is already present if still a bit small, a swirling spiral of pearl and turquoise. He doesn't really have much of a mane yet, but downy little falcon feathers stick up from his neck.
He seems pretty confused.
So when does the cake happen?
Jace, at least, gets up to properly hug his child as best a unicorn can. There is an exchange in the mind, of thoughts without words. Telepathy lets you express things you can't quite articulate. And that, for now, is enough.

Zebes is busy sending Veronica about thirty-seven pictures.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm [Aftermaths and Futures]

"Ah, yes. I, er, may have visited them to discuss donating my body to science." Dulcinea smiles awkwardly as she throws this out like it means very little, then breezily attempts to shift the topic. "I think I like them. Or at least am interested in them. Vax seems smart, competent and ambitious. A long-term planner. And her partner... well, she seems genuinely quite nice. Very pleasant to talk to. Plus, I think their motives are honest. They do actually seem to care about the wellbeing and prosperity of their students... which brings you to the reason I bring this all up now, potential for higher education aside."

Once again, Dulcinea pauses, only slightly for dramatic effect. "I feel confident in that assessment because I heard these... whispers when I rather pointedly questioned them about it. And when that happened, they said that I had been directing spirits when I did so." She purses her lip. "Which... has confirmed some suspicions I've had since that night that these voices and intuitions I've been half-hearing and feeling since then might be the spirits you bound to me. And which is why they both urged me to visit them with you so we could assess what was occurring."
[Aftermaths and Futures]

Alright, that's already a lot to think about before Dulcinea decides to drop the bombshell at the end. "Wait wait, you're hearing the spirits? You're sure that's what it was?" She questions emphatically. If Reilana had managed to screw this all up...
~Images by Soushiyo
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

"No fair," Gilda pouts, extricating herself from a tangle of beanbag chair she had crashed into.

When your house is full of quadrupeds you can never have enough cushions and couches.

Khannie, shaking off her shock, hops to her hooves and trots over to her little brother, reaching out to boop his nose with her own. When you haven't got any proper hands the sort of hugs and stuff you can do are definitely different. "Hey Squirt! So you finally decided to show up, huh? That's cool."

Hopefully he recognizes the endearing name Khannie has been using for him for some time now. Khannie is doing her best to stay cool but she's definitely vibrating with excitement here.

"Ahem," ahems Geneva from over there. "Cake will be after dinner."

"Aaww..." laments Gilda from the beanbag pile.

"Though I'm not... wholly certain how a selectively phantasmal unicorn is going to be able to eat dinner," she muses. "It appears as though you're solid in natural light? Jace and Khannie don't share that quality I wonder-"

"Just tell 'em your name you doof," Khannie interjects.

"Oh! Right! I'm Geneva. That's Gilda. Glory. Gwen is behind the couch."

Gwen makes a noncommittal noise.

"Gabriel is... around somewhere."

Where IS he lurking around, anyway?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

Oh I know! Papa told me your name, Auntie!
And hi Big Sis. Papa said you would say something that wasn't 'I love you' but meant it.

Zebes snickers. "You're not in school, Khannie. You don't have to pretend you're not as much of a dork as everyone else here."

If one were to look VERY CAREFULLY they would find Gabriel peeking around the corner. It seems he is not too cool for all of this.
And don't be silly Auntie. If I eat something it goes to my belly. That's how eating works.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Apr 05, 2024 1:12 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

Alright, that's already a lot to think about before Dulcinea decides to drop the bombshell at the end. "Wait wait, you're hearing the spirits? You're sure that's what it was?" She questions emphatically. If Reilana had managed to screw this all up...
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Well, it's either that or I'm starting to go crazy." Dulcinea laughs awkwardly, running a hand through her hair. "I don't really understand it, but it's the only other explanation I can think of." And the one she'd much prefer, quite frankly. "I apologize, I should have told you sooner. I didn't want to worry you."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

Reilana rubs her eyes. "That probably mean there's a flaw with the binding. That doesn't mean it's not working, but there could be... side effects. I'm not exactly sure what the implications are." Given they've already observed Dulcinea's condition improving while she was in the hospital, it's probably mostly fine. Though there's the worry that the binding could deteriorate over time... "We definitely need to understand everything about how it could be flawed."
~Images by Soushiyo
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

Khannie looks suitably flustered at Zebes' teasing.

A flustered unicorn is a really funny thing to observe.

"Well, yes, but does this mean we'll need to ensure that there's natural sunlight in the dining room? These are important logistical considerations," Geneva points out.

"I dunno if unicorn stuff has gotta make a lotta sense," Khannie points out. After all, she leaves little shadows of hoofprints wherever she walks that get erased by regular shadows passing over them. Unicorn things definitely don't need to make any sense.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Richard's Residence

Khannie is always tracking shadows all over the place. It can be very inconvenient to have to get the flashlight out to erase them.
"Peace, Geneva. I'm sure it will be fine. Just keep a window open for him. Now, Kit. Do you remember what I told you about eating? We need to figure out who you need to be around to feel good."
Oh that's fine Papa I've felt nice and strong the second I popped up next to Auntie. Kit insists.
Jace gives a very equine sigh of relief. "Oh thank the gods he likes researchers. That's easy."