Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
TeChameleon
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by TeChameleon »

[Looming Spaceship]

"Yes, exploding randomly doesn't tend to lend itself well to survival... going to have to work on that a little, it seems." X-1 mused.

"And the ability to violate conservation of mass without any apparent effort, even if limited to two sizes, is more than a little impressive." X-1 added. "Always something new to learn about the multiverse, it seems. You mentioned that you had been hired? Would it help if I were to bring your employer up here, to talk to them in person? Sometimes seeing this nonsense dampens people's enthusiasm to try and take it."

Tags:
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Looming Spaceship

"It's easy, but that doesn't mean there's no effort to it, y'know? Like, if I swap size too often I need to eat something to keep going. And I've got a pretty fast metabolism in general, hence the jar of lollipops in my pouch." Boada needs lots of energy to keep going, just in general. A slight flaw with her hybrid physiology is her energy storage is more human-based whilst her energy needs are more sprite-based, meaning when she's active she's using energy very nearly faster than she can store it.

"Um. You could, but I don't think it'd be a good idea. The Fairy Godfather's a crime boss, and he's got defences and contingencies if someone tries to remove him from the underground. It's why he's one of the more prominent underground figures in the city, despite leprechauns not usually being that intimidating. Which is also a good thing; he's gone to a massive effort in stamping out the trade in pixie dust, even as he provides other drugs." This being more War of the Flowers type pixie dust than usual, a hallucinogen made from actual crushed pixies.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

bc56 wrote: Apr 07, 2024 9:36 pm A Local Shrine
Jade gets back to her feet. "Black really isn't my color," she says, examining one of her tails. "C'mon, be a redhead again." No change. "Ugh!" Jade clicks the high heel of one of her boots against the floor impatiently. "How about more comfortable clothes then?" she tries. She has no idea what she's doing, but this time there's a reaction, the armor glowing and reweaving itself back into elegant robes. "...Huh. Something more casual?" The garments change again, becoming a white sundress with red stitching.
"Close enough, but I really want my old clothes back." Nothing.
"Why does it work like that?"
A Local Shrine

"That's very hard to say. It's possible that it's your perception, or it's possible your powers simply have rules. Just like how I'm stuck with my domains of fortune and commerce, and you're probably stuck with a general fox sort of aesthetic. I can't be a fox and you can't be a dragon." Ryu explains. That at least makes sense, right?
"So obviously there are some rules eventually. You just need to figure out where the boundary is."
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Cry Havoc
Kothar nods, accepting Wenomir's judgement, but he looks uneasy. "I be watching." he murmurs. He's not about to let those abominations out of his sight.

A Local Shrine
"But why would it require black hair? Jade questions," "It doesn't make any sense." She accepts the idea that she has to look foxish. That at least makes sense, but up until a moment ago, she was a red fox.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Something is going dreadfully wrong at the NomeCo office building.

Aside from the fact that it's a giant corporation that engages in questionable activities.

That part doesn't matter right now.

What DOES matter is that several guards outside the building appear to have been subdued by NEFARIOUS FORCES! What sort of nefarious forces, you ask? Well. There are a bunch of black vans pulled up in front of the building for one. Each with a giant yellow derpface emblem on the side. Clad in their black zip-up suits with their corny looking shades and yellow derpface buttons is a gaggle of TEAM DERP grunts! Three of them look to have taken down the guards while others hurriedly unload equipment from the vans and wheel it inside.

"HUR HUR HUR!" laughs the biggest of the grunts. "Remember! This is a hostile takeover, boys! Gotta act HOSTILE! Hurhurhur!"
"Got it, boss!" one of the bean pole skinny grunts replies, giving a quick salute as he shoves the contraption he's carrying through the door of the office building.

Considering how many grunts are running in and out, they've probably been at this for a while!

Only a trio of the grunts appear to be 'armed'. At least among those outside. One of them has a reddish croc-like creature that appears to be wearing a domino mask lurking around next to him. The second is accompanied by a weird green monkey toting a fully automatic lemon launcher. And the third? She's wearing a pair of HEADPHONES attached to a WALKMAN! No doubt she's the most dangerous of the bunch.

Wow these guys are definitely neer-do-wells who are up to no good! In fact, they're probably up to plenty of bad!

Hopefully some brave heroes will be able to thwart this hostile takeover before they accomplish their diabolical aim!
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[Looming Spaceship]

"I hadn't entirely been planning on just teleporting him up here..." X-1 sent... although the thought had crossed his mind.

"Aren't non-medicinal mind-altering substances generally perceived as a negative in societies like this one?" he added after a moment. The greys of his universe were already so nuts that pretty much any alteration in their state of mind was an improvement, as far as he was concerned, so he didn't worry too much about that sort of thing for them.

That and any ingestion of anything tended to end up as a science project, and fresh cloneforms no longer had the addiction when the grey in question inevitably killed themselves experimenting with what the drug could do to them.

"Could you elaborate on 'pixie dust'?" it asked after a moment, busying itself with the ever-present screens. "And you may wish to see how these work for you." X-1 said, offering a shoebox-sized container filled with pills the size of a large marble. "My people also have need for energy-dense nutrition, and these food pills should provide ample daily caloric intake for your needs; each one offers calories roughly on par with what a uranium pellet would offer if organic beings could consume them, automatically tailors itself to your biology, and doles out nutrition as needed- I believe a human I once met called it a 'time-release meal'. Of course, they taste like crap."

A pause, then the alien's brow wrinkled. "I would also advise consuming them in your smaller form, as I am uncertain how they would react to your shrinking."
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

Eddie stood on the street, watching the... fight?.. unfold. After a few minutes of nothing further happening, he wandered up to the goons and tapped the shoulder of the woman with the walkman.

"Excuse me?" he said.

The goons would see a small figure, about the size of a human ten-year-old, and, for that matter, the shape of a human ten-year-old. The kid(?) was almost entirely shrouded by a loose-fitting red hoodie and snug cream trousers. The hood was up, and only the dim suggestion of a face could be seen within it.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Local Shrine

Ryu shrugs, and it looks like Stela would do the same if she could.
"Don't know. Val's hair was white. So it's not him. It's got something to do with you."
That seems about as much as she's going to get on that matter.

NomeCo

Coming out of the doors is the catering crew for the day's special party! Someone had been celebrating their 30th anniversary working there. Exiting the building with an empty cart is a frankly enormous blue dragon wearing an apron and a fancy hat.
"...um. Do you guys work here?" asks the large blue dragon that is only a little like a Dragonite.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 09, 2024 5:22 am Cry Havoc

Raheeda looks to Vy. Oh right, the blind thing. She kept forgetting about it.
"Sorry! Should have just handed it to you."

Then she turns to his reanimated 'family'.

"Oh you misunderstand, uh, him." She really ought to learn yuan-two's name at this point. She was sure the human had said it many times but she had just never registered it.
"It's too dangerous to them." The yuan-ti gestures at the undead creatures. "They draw a lot of attention which is bad when there's... bad people around." Raheeda had no idea what sort of threats there were in the flying city so she had to make it as general as possible.
"People that want to steal or uh eat them." Ghouls were like that. "So it's best if they stay, for their own safety." She nods.

Then Raheeda strokes her chin.

"But I dunno what a vigilante is though."
Morty wrote: Apr 09, 2024 9:40 pm [Cry Havoc]

Wenomir rubs his eyes as his poleaxe shifts back into a longsword and he sheathes it. As usual, the argument after the fight seems to take longer than the fight itself.

"It's easier to let him bring them along," he tells Kothar, then points a finger at Vyzan. "But it goes without saying that you are responsible for their behavior." He then looks to Raheeda. Who is she, anyway? "You... can come along too, if you want. Or be on your way."
bc56 wrote: Apr 14, 2024 10:16 pm Cry Havoc
Kothar nods, accepting Wenomir's judgement, but he looks uneasy. "I be watching." he murmurs. He's not about to let those abominations out of his sight.
Vy looks increasingly alarmed at Raheeda's words, rocking back and forth from his perch on the angelephant's shoulders. He mutters under his breath, lifting his hands up to squeeze the sides of his face.

"It would be dangerous, so dangerous. I wouldn't want my grandpa and brother to get murdered and eaten and... oh no, no no." He gestures, and the huge zombie gently lifts him back down to the street. "Thank you for the warning, red lady. You're a good friend," he says, with complete sincerity.

Turning to Wenomir and Kothar, he shakes his head resolutely. "No no, my friend here is right. It wouldn't be safe for them. They can remain in the tunnels until I return." Beckoning the angelephant and the helmeted zombie, he points at the sewer grating. "Go down there, remain out of sight, don't hurt anyone unless they try to eat you. Mommy will be back before you know it."

Well there goes the plan of keeping an eye on the zombies. The two begin to shamble towards the sewer, while Vy listens to them go with a melancholy expression.

"They grow up so fast," he says, wiping away what might be a tear. "Can one of you lead me to wherever we're going? I'm not used to finding my way without any family."
horses can attack and eat me
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Cry Havoc

"Oh, uh, no problem." Raheeda makes a quick salute to Vy before turning to address the undead before they disappear down into the sewers. "Just remember to always watch out for ghuls. They got bodies of people but faces of hyenas and they want to eat you up." Ghuls ate people too but they preferred rotting bodies before fresh ones.

Raheeda then watches the the undead shamble back into the opening the angelophant had created until Wenomir addresses her which makes her turn around quickly. "Oh! Yeah, sure!"

A beat.

"...I'll come along that is." She was sure she had been doing something in Inside before running into this fight but she couldn't recall what. "Could I bring along a friend too?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Looming Spaceship

"You'd have had to, he wouldn't trust me enough to follow me to an all-you-can-eat buffet." Let alone an ominous looming spaceship overhead.

"Well, yeah. But that doesn't stop people wanting them, especially if they're poor and desperate or rich and bored. Pixie dust, though... it's made from pixies. The manufacturers think it has a bigger hit if the pixie's alive when it's produced, and they aren't always very knowledgeable about the differences between a pixie and some other small fae. Like, for example, a sprite." Fortunately, Boada got a chap called Yuvan to clear out the last factory, so the supply is- at least for now- stymied at the source. "Oh, thank you." Boada takes the pills and puts them in her pouch.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

The woman with the walkman starts slightly when she's tapped (since she was wearing headphones and didn't hear Eddy approach), whirling toward him with her finger on the Play button. But when she sees that this is just some random kid she relaxes.

Because obvious a gang of themed goons don't have to worry one iota about some child thwarting their evil (and possibly convoluted) plan.

"Scram, kid, we're busy here. Corporate merger stuff, you wouldn't understand," she says, making a shooing motion with her free hand.

Wow that's pretty dismissive.

And then Rowan emerges from inside the building?

He probably saw more than a few of the goons filing past him and several of the employees on the ground floor seeming alarmed. But considering that some of the OTHER employees appeared to be 'In' on it maybe it's just...

Some sort of entertainment for the party?

That's definitely what's going on.

"Huh?" laughs? the hulking guy standing next to the gun-wielding monkey. "Oh, yeah, huhuhu. Of course we do. This is just a corporate team building exercise. Huh!"

Meanwhile!

A mysterious figure watches the unfolding drama from a rooftop nearby!
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[Looming Spaceship]

"..." the channel of X-1's telepathy was open, but was basically conveying horrified silence. "That's... very poor scientific rigour." it eventually said. "Also, I would assume from your tone that pixies are also intelligent creatures? Extinguishing a consciousness forever is not something that should be done. Should you find the location of another of these factories, I would be happy to test a death ray or two and vaporize it from... well, not quite orbit, but up here, at least."

"It seems a bit foolish to send a scout you do not trust." they commented after a moment, pondering what Boada had said about the Fairy Godfather. "Perhaps I should visit him, then. Hold, please."

The ship proceeded to simply fold up around them, eventually tesselating into a belt pouch on the harness that the alien was abruptly wearing. A vaguely gun-shaped object rode at the spindly alien's hip, and a boxy metallic object served as a backpack. The backpack made a faint, almost musical noise as X-1 calmly stood in mid-air.

"Would you be so kind as to lead the way?" it asked.

[NomeCo]

The way the hood angled suggested that Eddie was giving the goon a sharp look.

"You know, you could at least try to keep your lies consistent." he said, more annoyed at their lack of tradecraft than anything else.

The hood angled the other way as Eddie tilted his head in thought. Rowan was considered, but he didn't seem to be with the yellow-logoed idiots, so Eddie decided to hold off on interaction for the moment, at least until he'd figured out what was up with the uniformed incompetents.

After a moment of considering the street scene, Eddie wandered over to one of the vans that happened to be double-parked and blocking the road a little. Casually hoisting it over his head with one hand, an almost-visible spark of earth magic emanating from his hand to surround the vehicle and keep it in one piece so that the bumper didn't simply rip off, Eddie walked down the street a little to an open parking space and offhandedly tossed the van into it.

Then he walked back up to the goons and said "Do we want to try again? Maybe shoot for a halfway-believable lie this time, or even the truth? Beating up rent-a-cops might derive some brief satisfaction if you hate their company enough, but it's not often people do it just for amusement's sake."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

NomeCo

The goons might find a large cake peel being presented in front of them like a gate.
"Really? Last I checked these events don't normally include guns."
The rotund dragon sighs, slipping on an oven mitt from his bag.
"Eesha." he says to his adorable minion laying in the bottom of the pastry cart.
"I think we might be dealing with mean people."
Oh no, not mean people! This might sound like a threat to those around them but generally the plan for Bad Guys is "Rowan deals with them while Ratticus and Eesha hide because they don't actually know how to fight."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Well at least they aren't being menaced with a cheese peeler.

That would be right out.

It is, perhaps, lightly more menacing when one of their vans gets picked up and casually tossed into nearby parking spot. There's some surprised shouting from inside mostly along the lines of, "WOAH HEY WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE!?"

"H-hey!" the woman with the walkman protests. "You knock that off! There's sensitive equipment in there!"

"Huhuhhuh. It's no use Lensy, looks like the heroes are starting to turn up," the biggest goon laughs. Then he strikes a pose, pointing dramatically at Rowan while the other two goons form up around him. "We're TEAM DERP and NomeCo is OUR NEW PAD! Now SCRAM before someone gets hurt! HUHHUHHUH!"

To make good on the threat, the weird green monkey points its lemon launcher at Rowan and fires! Now you know what they say about life and lemons. But when the lemons are moving as fast as a beanbag round there's often little in the way of time to make lemonade on account of the fact that high velocity lemons hurt!

The goon with the walkman, who is apparently Lensy, hits the Play button and suddenly gets subsumed in a wave of clashing visual static! The static mass warps and grows and quickly resolves into... some sort of bipedal canine creature wearing what LOOKS like boxer's padding. Except it's boxer's padding made of steel. Complete with spiked boxing gloves. A strange magnetic force pulses around the punchy doggo as she bounces and weaves, ready to evade and counter-attack.

And the third goon? "Alright, krookodile! You know what to do!"

"Krook!" croons the croc as it proceeds to burrow straight into the sidewalk and out of sight.

"W-wait! That isn't what you were supposed to do!" the goon complains.

And Eesha? The salamander bangs her head on the underside of the cart, having been awoken by the commotion. "What? FIGHT!? What is Eesha fight?"

MEANWHILE!

The figure on the nearby rooftop leaps off and goes vaguely insubstantial, drifting toward the ground at a safe pace before going solid again shortly before landing. Apparently there weren't enough bipedal canids here today because another one has just joined the fray! Some sort of nine-tailed fox monster with a big purple bow tying back her giant mess of a pony-tail, allowing the nubby horn on her forehead to poke through her hair. OBVIOUSLY this creature is no mere beast since she's wearing a t-shirt.

"I've been LOOKING for you jerks," the somewhat zoroark-like kumiho says, rolling her shoulders as she sizes up the goons. "What did you do with all those pokemon you stole?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[NomeCo]

Asami approaches the scene from around the corner, noticing everyone gathered. She was wearing a red overcoat with a red scarf flowing behind her in the wind, pink boots and white thigh high socks.

"Did I just hear you say you're gonna take over Bandai Namco? Somehow, I don't trust you to make the next Taiko no Tatsujin game..." she quips, surveying around to get a good look of everyone there.

Without warning, Asami pulls out her phone and presses some buttons, a mass of green 0's and 1's materializing in the air before coalescing into the shape of a shining white-yellow eagle. "Caw!" Asami looks towards the roof of the building before turning to the eagle, "Horus, execute protocol 'healing wind'."

Horus tilts his head at Asami, glancing at the team derp grunts and back at Asami. He nods his head, soaring way above the roof of the building and looking down. The "healing wind" protocol is, of course, to survey the perimeter and prioritize evacuating non-hostiles and the injured.

Asami puts her hands in her pockets and casuaully walks towards the nearest entrance to the building.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Cry Havoc]

Does he see through those zombies? Useful, but inconvenient when he has to separate from them. Wenomir walks up and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Our airship will be here shortly. I'll lead you there. Our people will take your sister."
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

"Sensitive equipment? That's the best you could come up with?" Eddie asks, a bit mockingly. Then a frown entered his voice. "And... new pad? You're assaulting people in broad daylight to get a new clubhouse? Seriously? Just sell off a few of these vans and you could probably rent yourselves a pretty nice place."

The hood bobbled around as Eddie apparently shook his head.

"Good grief. Crime doesn't pay because criminals are morons..." he muttered. Or they have a larger agenda than they're willing to admit to some random kid on the street, or these guys actually are morons, but the higher-ups have plans... whatever.

Then people started changing shape, lemons got fired, crocodiles dug through the sidewalk, Asami showed up, then some... fox... person... thing?.. dropped off a building, and Eddie sighed. This was going to be one of those situations, wasn't it? He gave Asami a quick up-nod, acknowledging their presence, and then stepped up to the metal-sheathed boxing whatever, taking a simple guard stance.

Stepping in, the little golem feinted left with a short jab, bringing a tight right hook around with the momentum from the bounceback. While he wasn't exerting anywhere near his full strength, he put enough power behind it that if the boxing whatsit weighed anywhere close to what it looked like, it would get launched a good ten feet and probably land on its head.

As far as the magnetic field went, Eddie was actually wearing some metal- his backpack, belt, and belt pouches- but they were made of duralumin, which reacts so minimally to magnetism that it's classified as non-magnetic.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

NomeCo

Rowan flinches and covers his eyes with a paw as a friggin gun fires right at him and-
with a horribly funny sound makes solid impact with his gut, which immediately bounces back the projectile, likely into the shin of its user or one of the goons.
Right. Rowan does that. He really has to remember that. Or maybe it works because he doesn't remember?
"Eesha the kids with the funny face uniforms are trying to hurt people." Rowan instructs helpfully as he swings his cake peel to CLONK! the nearest goon.
He can technically throw his Phantasmal Pies at them but he's not really sure if that's worse than mostly gently knocking them over with a blunt instrument. He's never used it on a person before.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

A Local Shrine
"It feels like someone's playing a joke on me and I don't get it," Jade describes, "I just want my red hair and my old clothes back. Is that too much to ask?" She looks off into space as she says that, as if she expects someone to be listening in.

Cry Havoc
Kothar grumbles and keeps a close eye on the zombies as the group waits.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Cry Havoc

While the undead do not react to Raheeda's warning before crawling back down into the sewer, Vy nods vigorously. "So Leng's fingers reach this place? Don't worry, my family is strong and clever, they'll be careful." He blinks sightlessly, possibly looking through his servitor's eyes, before dismissing them and returning his focus to his surroundings.

Which right now means Wenomir touching his shoulder. Vy flinches slightly, still a little skittish, but upon realizing it's an offer of help he relaxes and reaches up to feel the swordsman's arm. "You're really strong, huh? I knew you were, putting down Cea like that, but it's another thing to feel it. You could probably lift me up like nothing." He smiles innocently.

Speaking of Cea, her body is making some slight headway on reforming, the golden strands connecting her halves beginning to pull taught. It's hard to tell when exactly she'll reform, but hopefully the airship doesn't take too long.
horses can attack and eat me
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Looming Spaceship

"Yeah, pixies and sprites are pretty closely related. They're a bit smaller, don't have pouches, but they do have antennae. They aren't scientists, either. They're second-rate alchemists, pharmacists, or chemistry drop-outs trying to make cash or get high." Boada smiles at the offer. "Thank you, but no. If I find another factory, I'll get someone to clear it properly. Nuking it from orbit would destroy any evidence of their supply chain, and also kill anyone they've got prisoner. Yuvan and I, we rescued some sprites and a leprechaun that the Godfather'd sent earlier." The Fairy Godfather would not have been pleased if instead of rescue his great-nephew-in-law was disintegrated.

"Because I'm reliable when I'm paid, even if we both know I don't like him, and he's willing to pay well to keep me reliable. Because if I'm leading him anywhere he hasn't told me to his paranoia's going to ramp up. And also because if he does think it's worthwhile to rob this place, he's likely to want me on the team." She'll have demonstrated an ability to get up here and bypass the security, after all.

Boada watches as the ship tessellates away, starting to hover so she's not touching the vessel when it disappears. She nods and flits down, heading towards...

The Shamrock

A wattle-and-daub pub with a thatched roof, a green shamrock on the wall outside. It appears to be closed, with the doors shut and the lights off, but there's a window open on the top floor and that's where Boada is headed, flying through into an opulent room with a desk and chair facing the window, a gnome sat at the desk and tapping away at a typewriter. The gnome is barely a metre tall, with dusky skin, purple-black hair and a large nose. "Ah, Boada. And... guest. I'll alert the Godfather you're waiting."

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Oh heck this is gunna be a giant mess, isn't it? Khannie had decided to go into the mess in zoroark mode if only to stick with the theming. But it turns out everyone ELSE is diving in, too.

Like, that's Asami over there, right? And she's pretty sure that's... uh... the chonkosaurus from the dragon bakery. What was his name again?

Whatever. These goons aren't gunna know what's up. She'll need to find a boss and maybe they'll know where they took her friend's dad.

Since all these jerks aren't gunna just get out of the way she aims to punt the weird gun monkey that took a shot at Chonks.

Then things happen.

Khannie gives a yelp of surprise as her kick is yanked off balance, sending her skidding towards that huge metal dog thing! It smoothly jerks to the side and lashes out with a quick jab.

Rowan's smack is likewise pulled toward the doggo! Though not before the reflected lemon beans it in the side of the head. Despite the juice in her eyes the armored monster ducks under the swing and aims a two palm slap at Rowan to send him tumbling away.

Eddy's jab is turned aside with a combination of precisely applied force and evasion, followed up with a chop that may cause destructive resonance to begin building in the golem's body.

Asami is barred by the big goon! He towers above her, arms crossed. "Huhuhu, where do you think you're going, kid?" the goon demands.

While all THIS is going down the monke with the lemon gun opens fire on Khannie while the krookodile burrows under Rowan's cart right as Eesha hops out. The salamander gives a started "Eep!" as she tumbles down a hole in the sidewalk.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Cry Havoc

"Okay, so what if I go and get him right now and we'll meet at your- actually, where is your base? I haven't been around here for long." She points her thumb at the street behind her. "You got a map or something?"

Since of course they would walk around with a map of their base.
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

Eddie didn't react to the chop in any way- no attempts to block, dodge, or deflect.

Thankfully for the little golem, he wasn't exactly normal granite, which is the only thing that saved him; the magic that animated him gave him a squishy layer of force around himself that partially diffused the vibration, and the fact that he was fully flexible prevented the resonance from building the way it would have in regular stone.

So aside from a brief shudder, Eddie was fine... through no fault of his own.

He had been doing his best to maintain awareness of the others in the fight, so at the very least he wouldn't accidentally smash an ally, but with the skill level of his towering opponent, he was forced to focus.

Moving in again, he dropped low into a spinning sweep kick, aiming to take Southpaw-Lensy off her feet. If it worked, Lensy wouldn't even get to bounce- she'd be getting an uppercut on the way down, right in the breadbasket- a rising punch to the solar plexus with enough power to dent tank armour. If the sweep didn't work, or only got one foot, Eddie would rise into a punch to the kneecap instead.

[The Shamrock]

At 91cm, X-1 isn't even as tall as the gnome. Apparently totally at ease, the grey nodded to the gnomish... receptionist?.. and glanced around with interest, a tiny holo-screen hovering over one eye like a monocle.

The flight pack had reconfigured a bit, going from a more streamlined shape (albeit still boxy) to a pack that reached partway around the grey's body, with a tiny radar-dish-looking doodad sprouting over one skinny shoulder and spinning madly. Occasional faint beams of coloured light shone out to play briefly over various things that caught the alien's interest.

Aside from that, X-1 waited patiently.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Local Shrine

The spirits shrug again.
"Well, you still have a physical body. Your clothes at least you can just change. And your hair is probably something from your own power so you'll probably figure it out eventually?" Ryu guesses.
His hair of all things is not something he normally pays attention to.

NomeCo

Magnet-dog performs a double palm strike against Rowan!
Once again it seems blunt force against his center of mass doesn't do a ton to him, as he's mostly sent skidding backwards without looking significantly worse for wear.
His minion however, just fell down a big hole. "Eesha!"
Clearly he needs to go rescue his minion right away, so he no longer has to luxury of taking it slow. Rowan reaches back with his cake peel and conjures a shimmering pie which he immediately hurls at the canid. Rowan's Pastry Blast simultaneously hits its victims with all the sensation of fasting for days in a single instant and the feeling (and possibly caloric intake) of eating an entire pie in one go. It's rather unpleasant.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

A Local Shrine
"I hope so, but I have no idea what's going on."
Jade looks to the door. "Listen, I need to go find my brother and talk to him, explain what happened... What little I know, anyway. I'll be back."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[NomeCo]

"What, you're not gonna let me pass without a fairy or something?" Asami remarks, snorting with laughter.

Undaunted, Asami attempts to step around the goon and move forward as if he's not even there. Should the goon move whichever of his arms is closest to Asami, he'll find Asami draw her staff blazingly fast and drive the center of it against the elbow of the arm, pushing it away from Asami with great force and diminishing the goon's ability to impede her.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Shamrock

It's not long before the door opens and a pair of sprite thugs enter. They're about a head shorter than Boada when she's scaled down, and both muscular males. Despite this, they both wear pink tutus and little tiaras, their wings buzzing as they fly. The one on the left is carrying a 'wand' that closely resembles a wooden baseball bat covered in glitter, whilst the one on the right has a small pink tommy gun.
"Please follow us, miss. Uh, sir. No funny business. And turn that thing off; no recording devices or wires." The speaker gestures at the radar dish on X-1's device with his baseball wand, glaring at the grey. If he's obeyed, or the device otherwise changes to seem more nonthreatening, the two sprite toughs will lead the two visitors through a corridor to an opulent office panelled with walnut, a thick red carpet on the floor, and with a mahogany desk in the centre of the room. Sat behind it is a middle-aged leprechaun, balding and pale with a fringe of red hair around his head, wearing a bright green suit and puffing on a long-stemmed pipe, releasing heavy smoke that drips from the end of the pipe to pool on the desk until brushed towards the floor. "Oi'm guessin' ye're the wazzock who parked his bleedin' big saucer over my city. I'm the Fairy Godfather. Boada weren't supposed t' get caught. I'm disappointed in 'er, f'r sure."
"If the ship's defences caught me, they'll catch any other second-storey fae you send. None of 'em are half as good as me, you know it. Besides, everything up there's a deathtrap." Boada glares right back at the Godfather, who seems completely unconcerned with her enmity. Perhaps because the two thugs remain in the room.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Khannie staggers when she gets jabbed straight in the snoot by that jerk dog! Thankfully she still has the presence of mind to deftly juke out of the way of the lemon that just went whizzing past her and splatted against a nearby wall. Okay so the metal dog lady is pulling all the attacks toward her? But she's really dodgey, too.

Okay.

Fine.

She can totally work with that.

The kumiho cups her paws, shadow congealing between them, then hurls the blot straight at Lensy! Upon getting close the orb will burst, lashing out with stretchy, sticking shadows to glue the dumb dog to the ground to make it harder to dodge.

SO!

Asami tries scooting around the big goon and aims to thwack him with her staff!

She may be rather dismayed to discover that the attack goes whizzing over yonder to smack the 'magnetic' dog monster instead. If Asami hangs onto her staff she'll probably be pulled along with it, otherwise it'll likely get pulled straight out of her hand!

"Huhuhu! What do you think you're doing? Everyone knows you have to fight the MONSTERS!" he says as he sicks his horrible monkey on her! The ape tries leaping onto Asami and pulling at her hair while shrieking! "Let's see how YOU like it!"

Khannie shadow orb bursts all over Lensy right as she was getting ready to hop over the leg-sweep, yanking her back to the ground to get her legs knocked out from under her. Only to get a follow-up uppercut! The breath whoofs out of her lungs as she gets launched a good fifteen feet into the air, only for the elastic shadows to snap her back into the pavement face-first.

Then the boxing doggo gets hit with a pie.

Her form wavers in a wash of static, shrinking back into human shape. She's struggling to open up her walkman to pull the tape out of it but it's hard with all the shadow cords!

Meanwhile! If Rowan looks down into the hole he'll find that Eesha has chomped onto the krookodile's snoot and the latter is trying dislodge the former with little success.