HALO CLXXXV: The Titles End Here

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: HALO CLXXXV: The Titles End Here

Post by Keeper »

Lab

Artie's look to Libra should confirm Libra's assumption that what she just said is in fact wrong.
The fact that she doesn't know makes her worried. What if this artifact is unstable AND imprecise? It would be unfortunate if she fetched a horse to try to help someone who wanted to be a centaur and it makes them a cow instead.
"Um. I'll just be here with the unstable artifact?" she comments as the two magical women vacate the room.
Well, this is awkward. At least the bowl probably doesn't do anything when there's only one living thing in the room? She's still confused as to how it works. It didn't seem to get any fluid in it when Libra was holding it but she clearly activated it somehow.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Morty wrote: Apr 17, 2024 1:08 pm [A Meeting of Minds]

"Fascinating." Dorota is looking quite enthralled by the drone. "What kind of shapes can they take? Can they operate indefinitely?"
Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 17, 2024 9:40 pm [A Meeting of Minds]

Ambrosia was pretty sure Utayo had only made them with one specific shape in mind but it was not for her to explain her drones. But the planeswalker always did seem quite excited while discussing them. While she often seemed to want to express her emotions in a subtle manner, much like herself, she had a hard time when it came to her own interests.
[A Meeting of Minds]

Uyato smiles, and a light comes to her eyes. Not that she wasn't enjoying the previous experimentation, but she has pride. "These have just the one shape, aside from the idle clothing function. I wish I could say I came up with the idea whole cloth, but I did make substantial iterations on existing concepts. They can operate for as long as they have power, but they're quite efficient. It varies by activity, but they have hours of function in them, and while acting as clothing they consume no power."
Keeper wrote: Apr 15, 2024 3:58 am Fourth Tower Compound

Jim fights to keep himself from getting defensive for his boss and get everyone back on track.
"Ma'am." It might be time to just be direct. "Jaahlyn called in a favor to get me fixed up. I can't do that every day. Especially if the woku was telling the truth about wanting me to suffer, which means the grudge is very much already real. But perhaps let's just move on from that."
"Perhaps the most practical thing is to tell us what you plan on doing if you were to help us? That way we can get away from the hypotheticals."
Jim glances away, actually a little embarrassed. "What you would charge is likely also relevant." There is no way this person is not going to charge them.
Murkus wrote: Apr 16, 2024 12:12 am [Fourth Tower]

"It doesn't seem to me that the danger is hypothetical. As you say, if a grudge there is, then a grudge this being will hold. It seems as though we're already playing for mortal stakes. And to be perfectly frank... yes, I'd wager my powers against such a creature, if it's necessary. Although I do fear escalation. A permanent solution of my own might incur the wrath of this being's friends, relatives, etcetera... creating a problem that feeds upon itself. I would need to be swift, decisive, and frankly, to do things I would rather not."

"If you have a clear alternative, Vax, I'm very willing to hear it. But we cannot wait and do nothing. I do not think that is wise." Sticks taps his chin with a needle-thin finger. "Perhaps I could contact this creature to negotiate, first of all. I, at least, might be able to protect myself from the creature's depredations, should it turn its powers upon me."
Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 16, 2024 10:51 am Fourth Tower Compound

"No, I... got confused." She turns to Bontu, her goat-like eyes staring right ahead, their peculiar shape making it difficult to see just what the satyr is focusing on. "Bontu, right?" She doesn't wait for an answer. "You ever felt like you were in a dream before, Bontu? I heard your drugs can make you feel like that sometimes."

It was rare but a side-effect of the more commonly used drugs used to communicate with spirits could sometimes be the feeling of being in a waking dream. The feeling was described as everything from profound to unnerving but was considered harmless enough since the recommended cure was a good nights sleep or at the very least a nap.

"Like how suddenly your actions seem strange only for you to realize everything around you doesn't make sense with how you remember things. Like you're afraid that your pet is going to die only for you to realize it has been dead for years. Well, I think I got that right now but it's harder for me to tell that my memories aren't in sync with, uh, reality. So I'd like somewhere where I could close my eyes for a little bit."
[Fourth Tower Compound]

Vax surpresses certain arguments; she tires of them anyway. Jim is rattled, as one might expect, but Sticks is simply paranoid. In either case, not useful to engage with. No, she needs to get this properly on track. "No, I can't tell you specifically how the resolution would look, as there's no canned response to fey. If you chose to hire us, it's simply my assurance that myself and my people will resolve your situation, or no payment will be taken. We're not in the habit of taking feedback on how that's done, unless it's in regards to actions we ask you the client to take."

Vax pauses meaningfully, but does add more context. "That said, we will certainly contact the angel you mentioned to gather insight. That's an obvious first step if they have some relationship to this situation. We may in fact contact the woku itself. Making deals and arrangements with spirits is exactly what our job is at the end of the day, and a direct arrangement could be the best resolution. Not that I can guarantee that either. I would suggest not attempting to deal with the fey directly yourselves. As capable as I'm sure you are, Sticks, we are experienced. But what you do outside of hiring us is your own business."

"Ah, I'm sorry." Bontu replies simply. It's so interesting to hear what an actual fey has to express about their condition. It's not often that one can just have a normal conversation with a fey. She's already planning a few notes to take out of this short conversation. "Is this a sensation you experience often, or are there perhaps triggers?"

Bontu furrows her brow, quickly realizing that she's stumbling into a social faux pas. "But, ah, you can sit by the window where you were waiting earlier if you'd like." She gestures to the cozy chairs nearby.
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fourth Tower Compound

Jim nods. About what he would expect, even if Vax didn't answer his second question.
"Alright. But I do have to ask what your price would be. If you did solve the problem and expected a payment I don't have, we're both in trouble. And also I would ask if you have a way to protect me in the meantime. I understand that speaking to Shadow in Light will take time. But if the woku still has her posse Jaahlyn won't be able to protect me by herself and I'll be mooing by morning."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 13, 2024 2:06 pm Entrance Hall

"Uh. Pretty deep? I'm not really a numbers guy. Unless it's code." Henry used to work IT, after all. And the register. At the same time. Henry scratches his chin idly.
"Properly speaking I can use my ghostly nature to be all immaterial which would theoretically make me immune to the perils of pressure....
....but I don't think I want to test it."
Entrance Hall

"I will agree, numbers elude me." She . . . didn't have much of a schooling, admittedly. "I . . . yes. Yes I would, personally, suggest avoid testing it. But I also apologize, I believe I am holding up the tour. Where is next?" she asks politely, a gentle smile in her words and on her face.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Entrance Hall/Grand Tour

”No no, it’s fine. Really. It’s not like this is a formal thing anyway.”
Henry nods and sets off at a brisk pace. He hasn’t quite gotten out of the habit of walking fast since he used to have to keep up with people much taller than him.
”We have all of the training rooms and ranges over here. But there aren’t a ton of fighty people that I know of. So I think it’s mostly a gym and the range for Mister Reinholdt. One of the members at our other location offered to show me how to box so I’ll probably be learning that there.”
He also offered to teach Henry how to shoot but for whatever reason he’s a little uncomfortable at the prospect of carrying a gun.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Seminar Room]

"It is just one member, who spoke to me in confidence." Calm Reed becomes dimly aware this could end poorly. Usually she's the reason things end poorly for others. "It is not something we need to trouble the commanders with yet, I think."

[A Meeting of Minds]

"What do you use those drones for, most of the time?" Dorota looks around as if trying to find something to write it down with, then gives up on the idea. "Are they widespread in your society?"
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Seminar Room]

"Very well, do you want me to talk to Miss Turath herself then? Without alerting her to your suspicions of course. Feels like a straightforward approach might beneficial here." Ambrosia suggests.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 21, 2024 8:25 pm Entrance Hall/Grand Tour

”No no, it’s fine. Really. It’s not like this is a formal thing anyway.”
Henry nods and sets off at a brisk pace. He hasn’t quite gotten out of the habit of walking fast since he used to have to keep up with people much taller than him.
”We have all of the training rooms and ranges over here. But there aren’t a ton of fighty people that I know of. So I think it’s mostly a gym and the range for Mister Reinholdt. One of the members at our other location offered to show me how to box so I’ll probably be learning that there.”
He also offered to teach Henry how to shoot but for whatever reason he’s a little uncomfortable at the prospect of carrying a gun.
Entrance Hall/Grand Tour

It's okay! Naku walks fast as well, though on utterly and entirely silent feetsies.
She ponders the fighting room and range for a second, curious if . . .
Nah. Maybe in another life. She would have spent a good deal of time there.
"I remember . . .the one time I *did* visit here. Years ago. There was an armory.
I borrowed a bomb. I never did repay you for the loan of it. Please pass on to your leadership that I appreciated it, and apologize for not being able to return it."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

”A bomb?! Who knows why that would have been there. It sounds like it was way before my time. But I’ll tell them I guess.” It occurs to him that he never asked Rein about an armory. He should have probably asked if they have ghost-blasters.
”I um. Hope you used it uh. Well.”
Naku seems like a good person but there’s only so many things you can do with a bomb.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 22, 2024 4:41 am Grand Tour

”A bomb?! Who knows why that would have been there. It sounds like it was way before my time. But I’ll tell them I guess.” It occurs to him that he never asked Rein about an armory. He should have probably asked if they have ghost-blasters.
”I um. Hope you used it uh. Well.”
Naku seems like a good person but there’s only so many things you can do with a bomb.
Grand Tour

Naku shrugs once, a small, calm little motion, that could easily have almost been missed.
"I did what I needed." Which is likely *not* reassuring. "People that needed stopping, were stopped. Win for all humanity."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

”Well, it sounds like it’s none of my business.” Henry replies with a shrug. Then he just moves on.
”And! Down the hall is the lab, as you can see from the sign. I can’t let you in there, though. I don’t think Miss Dorota’s work is classified or anything but it’s probably not safe to just waltz in there. Is there anything else you wanted to see?”
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 22, 2024 4:51 am Grand Tour

”Well, it sounds like it’s none of my business.” Henry replies with a shrug. Then he just moves on.
”And! Down the hall is the lab, as you can see from the sign. I can’t let you in there, though. I don’t think Miss Dorota’s work is classified or anything but it’s probably not safe to just waltz in there. Is there anything else you wanted to see?”
Grand Tour

Naku follows along, and . . .welllllll.
A bit of a smile flits across her lips.
"Even just a peek~? Just a smidgen~?" N-naku no. No he said no-
"I had no goals in mind, aside from my brief mission. But I do truly appreciate the tour. I have no where specific to visit."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

”Well. I can show you the simulator room. I’ve…never actually used it. It looks really sciencey and stuff so I was always afraid I was going to turn it on and accidentally simulate a giant dragon and get blown up or something.”
Is that how that works? He doesn’t know how that works.
”I’d love to know how its code works, though.”
Henry shakes his head, putting aside his dreams of coding.
”So what’s your mission? Can I help?”
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm Skybase

Henry nods gravely. Truly this is the most dangerous thing he has ever been trusted with. It’s second only to a glitter bomb.
”Okay. Well, there was just one last thing. I forgot to mention, but I kind of…like going to the pool. So I know you said that it’s no problem to make the clothes waterproof…but is there a way to make a pair that actually look like swim trunks?”
He just thinks he’ll look really weird wearing dress pants in the ocean.
[Skybase]

"Really? I had you pegged as more of a speedo kind of guy." Vlad chuckles. "But seriously, that won't be a problem. At least not in comparison. Unless it turns out phase spider silk dissolves under chlorine or something. Which, now that I've said it out loud, I'm absolutely going to test before handing over any swim trunks. Wouldn't want to subject you to that particular learning experience."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 19, 2024 7:25 pm [Shark to Meet You]

"I did try to warn her..." But judging by the cutting board, the 'naga' was busy cutting vegetables for her own meal preparations.

Anika cautiously accepts Maria's help, her amber-glowing eyes widening as her burns heal right before her eyes.
"You're a healer too?! Wow!" She holds her healed hand back, turning it over as she looks over it before turning her attention back to Maria. "So what class are you? Priest? Shaman?"
[Shark to Meet You]

Maria believes the naga wholly. Alas, Anika defies all expectations. Or fulfills them. Depends on your expectations.

"Oh no. No. Nothing like that," Maria says, a thumb running over Anika's palm gently to inspect the work. Seems fine now. Maria will let Anika's hand go, returning it to its owner.

"I just know a few basic spells here and there. I'm mostly specialized in long form ritual magicks though. Particularly divinations that peer into the past to provide accurate historical records. It's useful to be able to compare reality to an author's opinion of historical events. Helps to eliminate the inherent biases that crop up in authoring tomes."

So shaman. The Shaman of the Library.
► SHOW SPOILER
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Hallway] (Open)

Having had enougth free time, Mr. C has enhanced the travel system he invented for himself in the hallways. Back then he used katapults to launch himself from one end to another, but that wasn't as effektiv. he had to prepare the katapults and mostly he had to draw them back when he reached one, meaning he likly spend the same time on that as he would need to walk the same path.
But Beware the sience of technologie. He found some elektronic canons simular to tennisball launching machines that shoot him into the air. The system is rather simple. Those devices are in corners of the hallway so none will be disturbed by them. When Mr. C get's close they activate and he can jump into one to get launed to the next. Easy peasy.

Now the problem. While testing he set them up so one launches him into the next and so on, making it automatic to get transported from one end of the base to another. So he set them up that they will go in a circle. You can see where the problem is? Correct. The small stuff animal is now caught up in an endless loop as the devices shoot him in a circle across the hallways.

Sometimes people can hear a "Heeeeeeeeelp" passing by like a train. The small stuff animal is not very heavy so it's like a softball at best. you would need to stand on a very critical yanga tower to get in danger by the flying stuff animal.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm Lab

Libra shrugs. "Uh, it's a snake isn't it? They're all... kinda the same, right?" Libra's expression suggests she already knows she's in wrong though. "Maybe I should fix that-"

Then Skye starts shouting at her which makes her raise her hands in surrender.
"Oh geez, relax. Let's just let Artie handle the artifact and we can go to a private room and deal with that. I'll let you edit yourself completely. No charge. Otherwise it might just change you into a snake-woman again, won't it?" She floats towards the nearest door, gesturing for Skye to follow.
Keeper wrote: Apr 20, 2024 10:33 pm Lab

Artie's look to Libra should confirm Libra's assumption that what she just said is in fact wrong.
The fact that she doesn't know makes her worried. What if this artifact is unstable AND imprecise? It would be unfortunate if she fetched a horse to try to help someone who wanted to be a centaur and it makes them a cow instead.
"Um. I'll just be here with the unstable artifact?" she comments as the two magical women vacate the room.
Well, this is awkward. At least the bowl probably doesn't do anything when there's only one living thing in the room? She's still confused as to how it works. It didn't seem to get any fluid in it when Libra was holding it but she clearly activated it somehow.
[Lab]

And Skye does, in fact, follow, clearly panicking but maintaining shreds of her composure to keep from either crying or throttling Libra. Progress is being made towards a solution. Really, if it had just been her legs, she could have dealt with that. It's her eyes where it's unable to be dealt with. Even the tongue is dealable. Eyes are one of the core centers of expression on a human body - being unable to move her eyes and robbed of her eyelids is now going to be occuping Skye's nightmares in the future.

Well, nothing for it but to deal with it, right?

She doesn't say anything yet, for fear that saying anything will make the situation worse.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 22, 2024 5:12 am Grand Tour

”Well. I can show you the simulator room. I’ve…never actually used it. It looks really sciencey and stuff so I was always afraid I was going to turn it on and accidentally simulate a giant dragon and get blown up or something.”
Is that how that works? He doesn’t know how that works.
”I’d love to know how its code works, though.”
Henry shakes his head, putting aside his dreams of coding.
”So what’s your mission? Can I help?”
Grand Tour

"Oh, truly, you already did help me, and I appreciate it. I needed to find a specific room back at the quarters, and you took me past there earlier, so I may find my way back." Naku nods her head in thanks slightly.
"But that simulator room sounds . . . it . . . certainly would not actually blow you up, right?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

"Well, I was told it was about as close to the Real Thing as was physically possible so....I dunno, it just sounded heavier-duty than I'm generally built for." Especially after that one time pain and adrenaline made his powers go haywire and he absolutely hulked out.
"But if you want we could get that done for you now so you don't have to worry about missing it later. I don't mind, really." Henry insists. After all, it's not like he really has much to be doing right now. He doesn't get a lot of calls to go ghost-hunting...

Skybase

The flames of Henry’s eyes flicker and the temperature in the room seems to waver for a moment which might be what happens when a ghost blushes.
”Um n-nothing that brief, thanks. I already have lost a pair of trunks because I got spooked during a swim. About five minutes before meeting my girlfriend in fact.”
He really lucked out that she didn’t think that whole incident was that weird. Or ask him what had gotten him so spooked.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Skybase]

"Lucky break." Vlad echoes as the machine lets out a sharp beep. "Most guys don't immediately get a girlfriend when they drop their pants." He shrugs a little and removes the shirt from its tray and returns it to Henry. "I feel like there's a saucy joke to be made there, but... nah." The engineer smirks. "She sounds like some fun, though. Lucked out in more ways than one, huh?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Lab

"Good luck!" Libra declares before disappearing through the door with Skye.

They do in fact not arrive in whatever room the door actually was connected to. Instead they are in a cabin overlooking an ocean somewhere.
Once Skye has entered the door slams shut behind her and Libra raises her finger. "Okay, so here's the deal. I'm gonna give you the ability to change your appearance however you want within reason for... uh, how many hours are there in a day again? Well, that many from right now."

She wags the finger at Skye. "Though, you're going to be stuck as whatever you look when that timer runs out, okay? You're probably just gonna edit yourself once anyway but y'know. Could be fun to experiment with?"
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Sticks sighs. Momentarily his pride stings, but that's just the old wizard's arrogance. Vax is right, he has little experience with this specific type of creature, and he's admitted that much several times.

"My lad's questions are my questions. For paying your cost, I am hopeful I can think of something; or I can at least extend my services in exchange. But I will still need to know if I should prepare my own protections." Or if the Fourth Tower can provide something, as Jim suggests.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am [Shark to Meet You]

Maria believes the naga wholly. Alas, Anika defies all expectations. Or fulfills them. Depends on your expectations.

"Oh no. No. Nothing like that," Maria says, a thumb running over Anika's palm gently to inspect the work. Seems fine now. Maria will let Anika's hand go, returning it to its owner.

"I just know a few basic spells here and there. I'm mostly specialized in long form ritual magicks though. Particularly divinations that peer into the past to provide accurate historical records. It's useful to be able to compare reality to an author's opinion of historical events. Helps to eliminate the inherent biases that crop up in authoring tomes."

So shaman. The Shaman of the Library.
[Shark to Meet You]

Anika flexes her hand, seemingly satisfied with it.
"Oh. I think that's-" A beat.

"It's something at least. But thank you so much, Maria! You're really cool. Now we can actually enjoy the meal without another interruption."

Their meal, a big mix of vegetables and fish.
And some sauce should they want it.
"Dunno what to call it but it sure smells good."

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Right, apparently she had been so detached from reality that she forgot who she was talking to.
A warlock.

"Sleeping too little, or doing too much waking dreaming." Would she need to explain that too? "-like, dream walking, visiting dreams." It wasn't exactly like the dream walking mortals did but it was close enough.
"And I've been doing a lot of that." She stares past Bontu for a moment. "-but it's not like being tired. You can't really tell it's happening until someone points it out."

The satyr then turns her head to the couch that the vanara pointed out and walks over to it.
However, as she sits down she suddenly asks a completely unprompted question. "...so what's your opinion of Vax? Can she help us?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Shark to Meet You]

Maria raises an eyebrow as Anika fails to find the name of a class for a magical forensic investigator and history nerd. Probably NPC. Maybe a quest giver. "Yes, uh, something indeed." Still the librarian blushes a little and brushes some hair away from her eyes. It's not very often at all she's called cool by anyone and it flusters her a bit.

"Is this not a traditional Kaldorei dish?" Maria inquires as they return to the table. Along the way she nods to Zhareen, remembering to give the naga a polite "Thank you," for her assistance.

All in all... the meal doesn't look too bad to the librarian. It seems to be focused properly on the necessary nutrition from what Maria can see. And that's clearly the most important part of any dish.
► SHOW SPOILER
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am Grand Tour

"Well, I was told it was about as close to the Real Thing as was physically possible so....I dunno, it just sounded heavier-duty than I'm generally built for." Especially after that one time pain and adrenaline made his powers go haywire and he absolutely hulked out.
"But if you want we could get that done for you now so you don't have to worry about missing it later. I don't mind, really." Henry insists. After all, it's not like he really has much to be doing right now. He doesn't get a lot of calls to go ghost-hunting...
Grand Tour

"Interesting." Naku comments, on that description of the holodeck. "Well," Civvy *had* sent her to make friends! "If you. Um. Wanted to . . . check it out. And wanted someone to go with you. I . . . I would be happy to go with you.
And she would!! She's just . . . bad at saying these things some days.

"And I will need to leave after my mission, it is a time sensitive once completed thing. But I have time until then. It can wait. If you would like. Otherwise, certainly, we could go do it quickly. It will not be complicated."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

"Well, I think it's mostly a combat sim. And I don't really have any combat experience so it would be tiny baby mode for you if I set it to something I could handle." He looks back down at his silk suit.
"Um. Maybe not in my fancy outfit." He grins a shy, toothy smile.
"Do you think I'd look cool with some kinda battlesuit?" He doesn't really need one but...wouldn't it be cool?
"But either way, I can help with your mission now since I can't do a combat sim in this outfit."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 26, 2024 1:52 am Grand Tour

"Well, I think it's mostly a combat sim. And I don't really have any combat experience so it would be tiny baby mode for you if I set it to something I could handle." He looks back down at his silk suit.
"Um. Maybe not in my fancy outfit." He grins a shy, toothy smile.
"Do you think I'd look cool with some kinda battlesuit?" He doesn't really need one but...wouldn't it be cool?
"But either way, I can help with your mission now since I can't do a combat sim in this outfit."
Grand Tour

"Ah, I see. I would like to avoid a combat sim." though for . . . likely *wildly* different reasons than her friend. "I think you would look very good in some kind of battlesuit, for sure." she nods a few times, genuinely firmly believing it. He could be rad in one.

"Certainly though. We can conclude this mission. Back this way." she sets off with the unerring precision and navigation of someone far, far, *far* too used to pathfinding, and following half remembered trails with barely any recognizable features. Hallways are a *treat*. "I believe what I seek is in here." she says, looking at that dusty door from earlier.

"You do not have to come with me, if you do not wish. It . . . may be an assault to the senses.
Safe, but . . . a lot."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Grand Tour

"It'll go on the list! I don't want to take too much of the place's resources before my career really gets started though. Don't wanna be a freeloader." Even if Vlad heavily, heavily implied that he can produce ghost-clothes for him very easily.
He seems fairly unimpressed at the prospect of a dusty door, though.
"Miss Naku, I'm from a house that's about as spooky and goth as it gets and full of my wacky monster family members. I am sure I can handle loud decorations." he insists confidently.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Seminar Room]

Calm Reed considers the situation. Which seems to have got away from her. But denying this request would probably look even more suspicious. She must be losing her edge... she used to navigate those much better.

"That may be helpful. Excessive deception might be counterproductive here."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am Grand Tour

"It'll go on the list! I don't want to take too much of the place's resources before my career really gets started though. Don't wanna be a freeloader." Even if Vlad heavily, heavily implied that he can produce ghost-clothes for him very easily.
He seems fairly unimpressed at the prospect of a dusty door, though.
"Miss Naku, I'm from a house that's about as spooky and goth as it gets and full of my wacky monster family members. I am sure I can handle loud decorations." he insists confidently.
Grand Tour

"If you are . . . quite certain. I will never argue with the eager." She would. She absolutely would. But in specific situations, and in this case . . .it's harmless enough.

She presses that glowing, pink wristband against the door lock.

And it *clicks*. Naku exhales slowly, looks at her new companion for a moment, then, with a shoulder against the dusty door, pushed it open.

And goodness.
Is it *pink*.
The bed is pink. The light on the night stand, still shining, is pink, the stuffed fox plushies on the bed are pink. The anime character models and standees over by a computer desk are pink. The desk is pink. The chair is pink. The floor is pink.
It's just.
All.
Pink.
All of it. Multiple shades. Multiple hues. Oddly, all working fairly well together. It's a bit *much*, but they mesh together well enough to avoid being painfully too overbearing.

Naku steps in, brave and heroic against the assault on the senses, and goes over to the bed.
She picks up, comically, compared to her new friend, a stuffed shark. Said shark is well loved, well taken care of, and a holy symbol in its own right, possibly even more powerful than Civvy herself.
"I was tasked," Naku says, resting the shark under one arm, and against her hip. "to bring her home for my Lady." And make some new friends.