Delmah Phor

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Delmah Phor

Post by Gold »

[Weapon Stall]

"Well, of course, I'd have to opt for a custom-made sword." Taos isn't too worried about money. She doesn't buy much, and the currency where she's from revolves around pink diamonds which she's learned are worth a lot more than she would expect them to be.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick

Tags:
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Phone Panic]

"Aha! Caught it!"
Now she has the...whatever this is. Roth takes a moment to turn the phone over in her hand, puzzled. It doesn't seem to be magical, it's mostly just smooth flat surfaces... what a puzzling token. Oh, but she'd picked this up for a reason, right? Someone needed it?

"Oh, human! Did you want this back?"
She take a pair of quick spidery steps towards Eun, holding out the phone just a little bit. The rest of the crowd stays out of her way, which is maybe a sign to about how she ought to react.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

[Market Street]

Raril grins. "My wife doesn't mind me meeting new people, just so long as I keep to myself." Raril could flirt with the best of them, but kept it at that these days. His wife, Zee, was incredibly powerful and he wouldn't want to make her angry. Deep down, though, Raril knew she'd forgive an indiscretion, but she would be disappointed in him, and that would be so much worse.

The woman behind the stall was selling rings and amulets made from silver. She smiles a bit at Wren. He was handsome, and had an exotic look to him. "See anything you like?" she asks.

[Weapons Stall]

The large drowess heading the stall snaps at Fade. "Who says the blade's balance is off?!" She shouts bearing down on him. "Who are you to question my weapons?"

The helpful clerk takes a few steps back.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Recaiden wrote: Oct 06, 2022 2:44 am [Phone Panic]

"Aha! Caught it!"
Now she has the...whatever this is. Roth takes a moment to turn the phone over in her hand, puzzled. It doesn't seem to be magical, it's mostly just smooth flat surfaces... what a puzzling token. Oh, but she'd picked this up for a reason, right? Someone needed it?

"Oh, human! Did you want this back?"
She take a pair of quick spidery steps towards Eun, holding out the phone just a little bit. The rest of the crowd stays out of her way, which is maybe a sign to about how she ought to react.
[Phone Panic]

Oooh, that still felt weird, being addressed as "human". There weren't a whole lot of contexts where that would happen to her back home, and none of them were even half as friendly as this interaction already was. The spider-lady rushing toward her like this certainly isn't helping matters.

So, she does the only logical thing to do in this situation.

She bolts.

Down the street, alone, without her phone, to who-knows-where but away from the drider.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Market Street]

"Let us go, then. I'll be happy to introduce you." Introducing Rose to handsome men is likely to go certain places, but those would be places Fayyaad would be all too happy to follow her to. He heads towards Kal and Wren, waving to the other tiefling as he does.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Panic at the Enclave]

Eun bolts down the market street, dodging carts and stalls, Underdark peoples of all sorts and, oh yes that is a very large spider coming towards her, drawing a litter with some high ranked drow on it. Bolting from that will send her down a side street.

There a strong hand reaches out to grab her by the upper arm and halt her running. This hand belongs to a drow with ashy blue-black skin, very reminiscent of Raril's if a bit paler. He's strong, unnaturally so and stands unblinking like a statue, his red eyes burning like coals. HIs expression, though Eun might not see it this way, is more curious than hostile. And then he smells her? and smiles.

"Hello little pig." He says in a voice like black velvet.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Phone Panic]

Roth feels a momentary urge to chase after Eun, but she doesn't listen to it.
She just takes a step back.
"Guess...she doesn't want it."
"Are you dangerous, little trinket? Is this some kind of plot?"
she asks the phone, not expecting an answer.

Oh! She'd almost forgotten, but there's a temple here, towering over the enclave with its clever stalagmite design.
It's been such a long time (hasn't it?) since she's visited a proper temple. And never one of the classical ones. What an opportunity!
So Roth scurries off that way, Eun forgotten.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Temple]

Roth will have to cross the entirety of Delmah Phor to get to the Temple of Lolth. Fortunately, the way was easily found as the temple rose high, its conical structure towering over the small enclave. It was wreathed in faerie fire and carved with visions of the Demonweb Pits.

The main entrance was a high arched doorway, thrown wide so worshipers could enter. Scores of drow moved in and out, from all walks of life. Prominent were the priestesses, dressed in deep purple with silver webbing designs, snake headed whips writhing on their belts.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Temple]

A long walk, but an easy one. The way is obvious and she has plenty of legs to walk with.
The drider slows down as she approaches, admiring the faerie-fire adornment and carvings depicting the horrors of the abyss. What a sight it makes, even out here under the sky and all the other lights of the city.
She pauses entirely at the arched doorway into the temple. For one thing, look at all these drow! Look at the snake-headed whips, ah, how she'd missed the occasional sight of them. For another, there was a reason she had never gone back to a temple, wasn't there? Maybe it still holds? It's so hard to remember all that time past. No, it's probably fine. She has to believe in herself too - and feel that she can go nearly anywhere.

After a few seconds of consideration, Roth steps into the temple alongside the scores of other worshipers.
"Ah, praise be to Lloth."
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Artemis wrote: Oct 03, 2022 4:45 am[Market Street]

A young drow woman with draconic features wearing a red wrap dress, to compliment her deep red scales, spots Jack. A House Xar'Cha guard follows her from stall to stall. "Oh hello? Where did you get that... it that cricket? Goddess, I didn't know they got that big."
"It is cricket, yeah. Stall over there has it; it's really nice. It's really nice being able to find bug like this for sale; only other place I know is Krikebulin's, and that's a restaurant that doesn't do just street food or snacks like this." Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine is also a reasonably high-end restaurant, and as Earl-kobolds are obligate carnivores that can't digest plant protein properly, not one suitable for vegetarians. Jack isn't too fussed about money, however, so she's less concerned about how much the food there can cost.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Artemis wrote: Oct 08, 2022 3:46 am [Panic at the Enclave]

Eun bolts down the market street, dodging carts and stalls, Underdark peoples of all sorts and, oh yes that is a very large spider coming towards her, drawing a litter with some high ranked drow on it. Bolting from that will send her down a side street.

There a strong hand reaches out to grab her by the upper arm and halt her running. This hand belongs to a drow with ashy blue-black skin, very reminiscent of Raril's if a bit paler. He's strong, unnaturally so and stands unblinking like a statue, his red eyes burning like coals. HIs expression, though Eun might not see it this way, is more curious than hostile. And then he smells her? and smiles.

"Hello little pig." He says in a voice like black velvet.
[Panic! At the Enclave]

As she finds herself suddenly in the grip of a large, red-eyed drow who is entirely too fascinated with his olfactory senses, without any way of calling for help and with her sense of direction thrown off by the panic of running out here in the first place (which is going to make it very difficult to find her way back to the square and the relative safety of the few people here she actually knows), Eun quietly wishes she could go back to running away from the spider-thing.

"...H-h-h-hello..." She squeals weakly.

...She is so getting eaten.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Artemis wrote: Oct 07, 2022 6:42 am [Market Street]

Raril grins. "My wife doesn't mind me meeting new people, just so long as I keep to myself." Raril could flirt with the best of them, but kept it at that these days. His wife, Zee, was incredibly powerful and he wouldn't want to make her angry. Deep down, though, Raril knew she'd forgive an indiscretion, but she would be disappointed in him, and that would be so much worse.

The woman behind the stall was selling rings and amulets made from silver. She smiles a bit at Wren. He was handsome, and had an exotic look to him. "See anything you like?" she asks.

[Weapons Stall]

The large drowess heading the stall snaps at Fade. "Who says the blade's balance is off?!" She shouts bearing down on him. "Who are you to question my weapons?"

The helpful clerk takes a few steps back.
[Weapons Stall]

"Me." Fade say. "A customer. Those swords are only made for 2 hand fighters. I am using them single handed. So I assume the offbalance is a result of that assumption. Can you make one that fits my requirements?"
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Market Street]

The draconic drowess, Aly'ithra, raises a white eyebrow. "Oh I've never heard of that place. I'm fairly new to eating insects as regularly as they do in the Underdark, but I find I like it. Must be some sort of ancestral tastes or something!" She says with a giggle.

[Temple]

Roth will find herself following a spiraling path up the spire. Each level let off at areas with seating. Some of it was sealed off with doors which, if she can read drow, she will find were reserved for specific families. On the outside of the spiral were numerous shrines, dedicated to the Spider Queen or her varied demonic servants. Drow paused and worshiped there, leaving offerings of food, drink, or drops of their own blood. Not a small number carried cages with small creatures inside. These were meant for live sacrifices, which were given to the priestesses and taken to the temple floor below.

Finding a place to observe the temple floor, Roth will see 8 carved pillars surrounding a black stone altar. A high priestess was leading fervent prayers, over the chanting of a gathering of lesser ranked priestesses. Acolytes brought a stream of live sacrifices to the altar, which was by now covered in ichor, as the high priestess raised her wicked dagger again and again to kill.

It was a pale comparison to the sacrifices of the Underdark, which would include living people, not animals. However, the power was there, slowly building with each repeated prayer, each praise for the Spider Queen.

[Weapons Stall]

The clerk perks up when Taos says she wants a custom made sword. He moves to stand next to her, leaving Fade to his mistress. "Oh of course. It would take some time, but we can make just about anything."

Meanwhile, the head blacksmith was looking at Fade as if he was stupid. "Oh the two handed swords are made for two hands! My mistakes! How could I be so foolish!? Bah, if you want oversized weapons, ask! I can make you anything. The question is, why should I?"

[Panic! at the Enclave]

Sszinyon's eyes glitter with interest. "It is dangerous for a human to run through the streets of Delmah Phor. Someone might think you have done something wrong. That is not true, is it?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Panic! at the Enclave]

"Um... no?"

She didn't do anything wrong, right? Not on purpose, at least. She hasn't done anything criminal, at least not by her standards, but these drow have an entirely different culture and she might have done something wrong after all by failing to pay a visit to the local temple or pay the visitor's tax or wearing gloves within city limits or... hell, she doesn't know. She can't say for sure that she hasn't done anything wrong, and she might have just made things worse for herself by claiming she didn't.

If Sszinyon can do that thing where he can smell fear, Eun's going to positively reek of it now. Or at least sweat. She's sweating like a... there's a phrase for this, but she can't recall it just now.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Panic! at the Enclave]

"Good. Good." The drow relaxes his grip a bit, but doesn't let go just yet. "You do not need to be frightened of me, though all of your instincts will tell you otherwise. I am likely more sympathetic than most of my kind. In fact, I believe we have something in common. You are a shifter? Yes?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Panic! at the Enclave]

Doesn't need to be frightened of him?! This guy just grabbed her out of nowhere and immediately started doing everything in his power to be as creepy and suspicious as possible, and he has the gall to act like she's in the wrong for being afraid?!

Eun makes her best attempt at wriggling out of his grasp and getting at least three paces back. Her other hand is already going down to her Hotbox, opening her "Favorites" section, and going for a certain self-defense tool that would be incredibly useful in this context: "C18H27NO3.fab", better known as pepper spray.

But that's going to take a moment to print. She should keep him talking in the interim.

She wants to do this by asking what he means by a "shifter", even though the term is already pretty self-explanatory. The more he has to explain, the more time she has in case he decides she looks tasty.

What she ends up doing is opening her mouth and letting out a frightened, disturbingly porcine squeal that is far more effective at answering his question than her planned response would have been.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Panic! at the Enclave]

Sszinyon chuckles and lets her go. "It seems so. How is your control? I could help you. Or if not me, another from my village. Shifters and werecreatures of all sorts are welcome there, so long as they behave themselves."

"Father," A voice from behind the drow speaks up. A young teenager, with pale blue skin, amber eyes, and slightly pointed ears, stands behind the drow. He was dressed simply, but well, with a wolf's head emblazoned on his shirt over his heart. The wolf was half white with a red eye, half grey with an amber eye, and featured two crossed swords and a lucerne hammer behind it. "You're frightening her. She won't want to talk to us now."
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

[Raril's Bedroom]

It is midnight. The moon hangs as a silver disc in the starless sky above, and a cold wind presses against the high stone walls of Delmah Phor, as if eager to wriggle inside. As the Drow guards swap for the evening, a figure, cloaked in a veil of anti-sight, slips in with the bitter chill. She ignores the guards and continues on.

Fifteen minutes later, Raril Xar'Cha will find himself startled awake by an inaudible alarm in his head. It is dark all around him, and though his eyes pierce the shadows with ease, deep sleep has left him disoriented. Nothing makes sense, but one thing is abundantly clear: Raril is not alone in his bedroom, not anymore.

Two eerie, silver orbs peer down at him from one corner. They're bright, brighter than the moon, and just as cold, calculating, and distant. What was watching him was barely human, it seemed. Those eyes seem to drain all the heat and life from the room with naught but a disinterested stare. Then they narrow.

A head cocks to one side. It is a sight that chills the blood.

"Raril. It is time."
"What is blood for, if not for shedding?"
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Raril's Bedroom]

Is this a bad dream? Then why did his alarm spell go off? no, he was definitely awake and definitely not alone.

A very unmanly scream escapes the male drow as a dagger is thrown, aimed for between the eyes of whoever had invaded his room. He scrambles to reach for his weapons hanging off his belt at the end of his bed and draw them. Two shortswords, one glowing with an icy frost, the other's fire illuminating the room. Raril stands read to fight.
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Artemis wrote: Oct 07, 2022 6:42 am [Market Street]

[Market Street]

A stroke of decent fortune. Wren can easily distract himself shopping here for a bit. Cass was always interested in fine jewelry and rings like this - they made for good enchanting.

Wren approaches with a confident, easy manner, keeping his head and eyes slightly lowered, in deference to the member of the superior sex.

"Indeed. These are of an exquisite beauty," says Wren, letting his eyes drift up slightly from the ring he was currently examining, to linger slightly on the woman at the stall, before returning to her wares.

Kal rolls his eyes slightly and steps back out a little to survey the crowd, just in time to spot Fayyaad approaching, and returning his greeting with a casual wave of his own.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

[Raril's Bedroom]

If only it were. Raril's dagger soars as a silver thread, glinting in the dark. It strikes where the reflective eyes were, but are no longer. The knife buries itself in the wall, splintering the fine wood. A cool, calm voice then creeps out from the darkness, as soft as a whisper. "Sometimes, when a hand is removed from the body, and the cut is clean, the arteries will spasm and shut."

The voice is low, yet feminine, and somehow familiar. Very little emotion is betrayed in its tone. "There will be very little blood, if any at all." A pause. "But usually, because you have severed the radial and ulnar arteries, there is quite a lot of bleeding." There in the darkness, a shape was starting to take form. "The beating of your heart drives the very blood from your body."

"It is... gruesome. And the pallor of one's skin as it happens. Indescribable."
There's a small sigh. It's followed by a sadistic little snicker, like something produced after a clever in-joke, albeit a cruel one, with how those eyes sharpen with malice. "Which is precisely why, little brother, you ought to be more careful with your knives."

A tense silence falls like a leaded curtain. "I've missed you, Raril."

"...More than you will ever know."
Last edited by Spectre on Oct 09, 2022 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Market Street]

The jewelry seller smiles at the implied compliment. This one was a charmer. "That one will cost you, you know." Her voice suggested there were more ways to pay than gold.

Raril tags along behind Fayaad and Rose with a slight shiver. He was glad that drider was gone.

[Raril's Bedroom]

Raril blinks. Little brother? That voice... "Linthaer?" He questions the darkness. He doesn't yet lower his weapons. Those eyes... those weren't how he remembered her. What had happened to her?
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

[Raril's Bedroom]

"Raril, darling." Answers the darkness. Those eerie silver eyes finally shut, plunging the room into darkness once more. By now, Raril has come to his senses and can see his elder sister there, perched cross-legged in a small wooden chair in the corner as though she hasn't a care in the world. Time has made her stranger.

Linthaer's dark skin, shrouded in shadows, was once clear and smooth. Now the skin of her face is like a living patchwork quilt. Huge blotches of her flesh appear to have lost pigmentation along her cheeks and forehead, taking on the appearance of creamy, white skin. Her eyes are beads of milk in tired blue sockets.

Her long white hair falls in curls down her sides, forming curtains that frame her angular, mismatched face. "Don't look so frightened!" She laughs, resting her elbows upon her knees. She cradles her chin in her hands as she stares forward. "You always were my favorite brother." She smirks. Her white teeth are sharp.

Though her pose is child-like, her eyes are relentlessly clinical. It is obvious by her gaze that Linthaer views Raril much in the same way a scientist views their favorite rat. "Your eyes are so beautiful. I always wanted a set of my own." Linthaer sighs and slowly unfolds herself until she's sitting upright in her chair.

"But some of us were born with other gifts." Linthaer smiles. It's a predator's grin.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Raril's Bedroom]

"Linthaer..." Raril finally lowers his weapons. He wasn't going to be murdering his sister, self defense or not. "You've changed. Where have you been? I haven't seen you since before... before Danube took over."
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

[Raril's Bedroom]

Linthaer's smirk only widens. "Oh, where haven't I been, little brother?" Her eyes meet his and do not look away. Her gaze is penetrating, it seems to burrow deep inside. "I have studied with the Illithids." She layers that word with honey, it was clear that she admired them. "And I have beheld obscenities you cannot fathom."

The drow raises a sharp finger to her face. "I have honed my craft, little brother. The discoveries that I have made!" She presses her fingernail to her cheek, burying the point in an off-color patch of milky white skin. "I would show you, but... well, you've always been sensitive, darling Raril." She teases lightly. Then her face changes.

"Before Danube took over?" Linthaer's calm, collected exterior cracks. "My sister... is Matron?" Her silver eyes dart away from her little brother. Her lips move, but no words betray her throat.

Her mind is far away, grieving and scheming. "Then... Mother is...."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

[Raril's Bedroom]

"Gone." Raril confirms. "Killed by Danube in a coup I helped orchestrate, not long after you... disappeared." He explains. "Her time was over, and Danube chose the time to strike. I took the opportunity to rejoin the family. Help her, go home. Mother was always so... disappointed in me anyway." Raril had run away shortly after graduation from the Sorcere, refusing to follow his mother's bidding.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Artemis wrote: Oct 09, 2022 2:32 am [Panic! at the Enclave]

Sszinyon chuckles and lets her go. "It seems so. How is your control? I could help you. Or if not me, another from my village. Shifters and werecreatures of all sorts are welcome there, so long as they behave themselves."

"Father," A voice from behind the drow speaks up. A young teenager, with pale blue skin, amber eyes, and slightly pointed ears, stands behind the drow. He was dressed simply, but well, with a wolf's head emblazoned on his shirt over his heart. The wolf was half white with a red eye, half grey with an amber eye, and featured two crossed swords and a lucerne hammer behind it. "You're frightening her. She won't want to talk to us now."
[Panic! at the Enclave]

bep

Is the sound of Eun's Hotbox letting her know the product she ordered is ready. And she's this close to slinging it in Sszinyon's face and running when the teenager speaks up.

The mere fact that he's there is reassuring, at least. People tend to try to be the best versions of themselves while they're around their kids, which means Sszinyon might actually be sincere when he says he's trying to help and implying he's awkward about it. The fact that said teen also immediately reads the situation the way she is, even more so. At the very least, it's enough to make her reconsider the plan of giving this man a face full of capsaicin and running in the opposite direction.

"...Would you let go of me, please?" She squeaks, wiggling her arm to emphasize the point. That's going to be an issue no matter what else happens here.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

"The full name's Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine. It's got lots of insects, mushrooms, and some lizard and fish as well. No dairy and no vegetarian options, so if you take someone there on a date or whatever, be aware of that. I do enjoy their cave lobster, though." Not actually a lobster, or even a crustacean, but a very large cave-dwelling cricket that looks enough like a lobster to reassure those that wish to try something that doesn't look too odd.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Market Street]

"Good to see you here, Kal, if a bit surprising. May I introduce Rose, my friend from MERC?" He indicates the woman. "And you may know Raril already. He owns the Black Dragon's Den."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Artemis wrote: Oct 09, 2022 12:31 am [Weapons Stall]

The clerk perks up when Taos says she wants a custom made sword. He moves to stand next to her, leaving Fade to his mistress. "Oh of course. It would take some time, but we can make just about anything."

Meanwhile, the head blacksmith was looking at Fade as if he was stupid. "Oh the two handed swords are made for two hands! My mistakes! How could I be so foolish!? Bah, if you want oversized weapons, ask! I can make you anything. The question is, why should I?"
[Weapons Stall]

"I don't blame you for not taking that into account that there are people able to use them one handed." Fade replies. "I just noticed they aren't and I can't know if thats because it's the only way or someone just never cared to."

"Maybe you just want to proofe to me that you can do it? I am a customer and if you can manage that I'm sure I can give you the coins."