PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by bc56 »

Hallways
Mary tries not to wince. She hasn't had bugs crawling on her since before the whole replacement body thing. It's not pleasant. She's going to need to take a long shower to get that gross feeling off.

Very reluctantly, she shakes the offered hand. "I'm Mary," She doesn't bother with her full title, but her circlet betrays her royalty.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Room 104]

raptaptaptaptappa

The low mumur of conversation between the students of the Introduction to Romance class comes to a scattered stop as the teacher baps a ruler against her desk, calling her students to attention.

"Good afternoon, class." She greets, leaving just enough time for the obligatory chorus of "Good afternoon, Miss Juno" to sound off before continuing her announcement, stepping in front of her desk and leaning against it somewhat casually. "As you're all aware, the winter semi-formal is coming up in a few weeks, and with it, your final project for this semester." She smiles and hands a stack of papers to the student seated closest to her, starting the process of passing out the assignments to the class in the process. "I'll be pairing you off into groups of two. You and your partner will both be attending this dance, and you will be arriving with a date each. You may not go with each other, nor may you go with any other student in this class. As always, you're exempt if you already have a date for this dance, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you again in the spring."

In the back of the classroom, a certain strigoi silently pumps his fist before passing on the stack of papers.

"It bears emphasis again that this is a group assignment. You and your partner will either pass together, or fail together. And, as this counts for twenty percent of your final grade, if you do not pass this assignment, you do not pass this class." Miss Juno lowers her glasses to look out over them at her students. "Here are the groups I've chosen for this project. When I call your name, find a seat near your partner. You will have the rest of class to put together an approach." She clears her throat and looks down at a clipboard in her hands. "...AL-1C3, Anderson."

In perfect sync, a pair of clearly-robotic schoolgirls stand up and make their way to the desk exactly between them, which is thankfully empty.

"...Allamaraine, Belmont."

"Whoo-hoo!" Calls a girl in a goth outfit near the back as a boy with a blue leopard forehead tattoo makes his way over to her seat.

"...Baz, Brignole."
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 22, 2022 5:46 pm Hallways

"I know, I'm just trying to get as many eyes out and looking for this thing as possible. Somebody knows something, Synthia's the least likely person I can think of to misplace something accidentally. She's very regimented in where she puts things." Which is why the magical girl once thought it funny to put a springed spider under something on Synthia's desk so it'd move and make her jump when Synthia moved the thing on top of it... except Synthia's immediate reaction was to unfold her knife and stab it. Which has put a bit of a damper on further pranks, until such time as Synthia gets a sense of humour installed.

"Dumpster'd be good, and... thanks for tipping us off on that. It'll save us a rather gross look later. And yeah, that's our current thought, someone's nabbed it and stashed it. Hi, Tahara. I'm Fred. Not my real name, but don't bother using it I won't listen." Her actual name is Olivette, and she doesn't like it much. She also has no qualms in shaking Tahara's buggy junk-hand, though doesn't squeeze too hard because she doesn't want to crush any of the cockroaches or pull anything off.
bc56 wrote: Nov 22, 2022 11:04 pm Hallways
Mary tries not to wince. She hasn't had bugs crawling on her since before the whole replacement body thing. It's not pleasant. She's going to need to take a long shower to get that gross feeling off.

Very reluctantly, she shakes the offered hand. "I'm Mary," She doesn't bother with her full title, but her circlet betrays her royalty.
[Hallways]

"Mary, Mary... oh, yeah. That's right. Brignole, right?" Tahara flashes Mary a grin filled with old gum wrappers. "Your mom's just the coolest. I mean, we've never met, but from what I hear... wow. Just wow." She turns back to Fred and makes her best attempt at giving a passably firm handshake, but runs into the same problems from the other direction.

Oh, well. She's getting a solid C on this test, at least. That probably ought to be good enough.

"So, where'd Synthia last see her war face? Maybe we could start from there." Tahara adds helpfully.
Rebonack wrote: Nov 22, 2022 10:50 pm [Gaudia's Room]

<There are some actual GHOST ghosts over at Glog and I've managed to get a few words out of them before but they're not...> Khannie pauses, wrinkling her nose. <They aren't all there. If that makes sense? Like most of 'em is missing. Some of 'em eat, sort of. It's just weird and confusing. Like okay I can eat regular food right but I need life energy or whatever, too. I'm definitely way different now.>

That goes without saying.

Maybe that's why this is so odd for Khannie? Going from normal to ghost/normal is a pretty weird jump.

<And... I mean, I guess we're made of different stuff. Not all ghost types are all misty, though. Like I am and so are you but some are still pretty solid.>

She thinks on that a little further and concludes with a huff.

<Honestly pokemon are all pretty weird. Some of us are just EXTRA weird.>

That's hard to argue with.

Though the question of how they GOT like they are is another matter completely.

<The contract thing I made to get my wish? Normally when that's over it turns the girl into this crazy despair ghost that eats people. I know what spooky zoroarks in the wild are mostly like and yeah crazy despair ghost sounds about right. I think the main reason why I didn't totally loose it is because I've got friends and family that love me. I think, maybe, that's what all ghost-types need to keep it together.>

So.

Casper's take?

They're alive. Or at least close enough. That's probably fine, right?

Khannie is about to speak further but then there comes a knock at the door.
[Gaudia's Room]

"(Er... I was just talking about ghost-types in general, really.)" Casper points out, just before there's that knock on the door.

Gaudia bolts upright and grabs her backpack. "(Nuts! You guys aren't supposed to be out during daylight hours!)" She frets, frantically scrambling to get their pokeballs out. "(Everyone back inside! Hurry!)"

zzzwp!

Six streaks of white light later, and after adjusting her cap, Gaudia makes her way over to the door and tentatively pulls it open for their guest.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Room 104
Mary sighs loudly. Why did it have to be alphabetical order? She reluctantly stands up and starts walking towards Aiko's desk. She has to work with this jerk? Why is finding a date a group project anyway? It seems like it could work just as well alone. The demon princess is not happy about this. As far as she's concerned, Aiko will probably throw the assignment just to spite her.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Gaudia's Room]

In like manner Khannie is quick to peel the shadows off the floor to create her human disguise. She's got a leg up on the average zoroark since she can actually imbue it with substance. The reach she's got on the physicality is pretty limited in its scope but the high-end shadow illusion is definitely worth it. She actually feels human whilst doing so.

Which is a pretty big deal!

Anyway! By the time the door is opened Gaudia is back in her rather dubious disguise and Khannie is wearing a much more passable one. On the other side of the door stands a trio of... individuals... in black uniforms with a prominent yellow derp-face emblem on the chest. They've got some sort of tal device on wheels under a sheet with them. Khannie had seen a bunch of these guys around the campus earlier and she has no idea what their deal is. They seem kind of shady, though.

One of them is looking at a clip-board and glances down at it. "Uh, hey, you're-" he squints at the clip board. "Gaudia, right? We're the Delinquency, Ethics, and Responsibility in PokeBattling club. We're here to make sure that you're taking care of your pokemon in an ethical and responsible way."

"Also that you're being suitably delinquent and having a pokemon adventure instead of other stuff," a second DERP member adds.

"Yeah, that's important, too. So I'm going to need you to hand over your pokeballs so we can get some vitals on them using our-"
The third member pulls the sheet draped over the machine revealing a VERY sinister looking device with several slots for inserting pokeballs in it.
"-Diagnostic Energizing Retrocausal PokeAbulator!"

Khannie eyes the machine suspiciously. "Most of those aren't even words."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Nov 24, 2022 3:37 pm Room 104
Mary sighs loudly. Why did it have to be alphabetical order? She reluctantly stands up and starts walking towards Aiko's desk. She has to work with this jerk? Why is finding a date a group project anyway? It seems like it could work just as well alone. The demon princess is not happy about this. As far as she's concerned, Aiko will probably throw the assignment just to spite her.
[Room 104]

It's just as well that Mary came to her. Aiko certainly wasn't going to go over to Mary's desk.

Mostly because she doesn't appear to be awake right now. The empress has her head propped up on one arm and is dozing quietly, eyes closed and breathing evenly. Her desk is empty except for a sheet of torn-out notebook paper with a runic circle drawn on it in marker, on which her elbow rests. She doesn't react to Mary at all as she approaches, not unless Mary makes some sort of loud, obvious indicator of her presence in sitting down, or does something else to disrupt her apparent impromptu beauty sleep.
Rebonack wrote: Nov 24, 2022 4:22 pm [Gaudia's Room]

In like manner Khannie is quick to peel the shadows off the floor to create her human disguise. She's got a leg up on the average zoroark since she can actually imbue it with substance. The reach she's got on the physicality is pretty limited in its scope but the high-end shadow illusion is definitely worth it. She actually feels human whilst doing so.

Which is a pretty big deal!

Anyway! By the time the door is opened Gaudia is back in her rather dubious disguise and Khannie is wearing a much more passable one. On the other side of the door stands a trio of... individuals... in black uniforms with a prominent yellow derp-face emblem on the chest. They've got some sort of tal device on wheels under a sheet with them. Khannie had seen a bunch of these guys around the campus earlier and she has no idea what their deal is. They seem kind of shady, though.

One of them is looking at a clip-board and glances down at it. "Uh, hey, you're-" he squints at the clip board. "Gaudia, right? We're the Delinquency, Ethics, and Responsibility in PokeBattling club. We're here to make sure that you're taking care of your pokemon in an ethical and responsible way."

"Also that you're being suitably delinquent and having a pokemon adventure instead of other stuff," a second DERP member adds.

"Yeah, that's important, too. So I'm going to need you to hand over your pokeballs so we can get some vitals on them using our-"
The third member pulls the sheet draped over the machine revealing a VERY sinister looking device with several slots for inserting pokeballs in it.
"-Diagnostic Energizing Retrocausal PokeAbulator!"

Khannie eyes the machine suspiciously. "Most of those aren't even words."
[Guadia's Room]

...Now, when Lola criticizes Gaudia for not always being the brightest, she has a point. But even she isn't that stupid.

The gardevoir who totally is not a gardevoir stares between them, giving each a quick appraising look before her gaze falls on the machine. She knows what a medical device for pokemon is supposed to look like (she even has one, plugged into her PC), and that most certainly isn't it.

With as close to a completely deadpan look on her face as she can manage, Gaudia simply steps back as the door slams itself in their face, loudly locking and bolting itself for good measure.

Telekinesis is fun sometimes.

"Sus." She explains simply to Khannie, shaking her head.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Guadia's Room]

When Gaudia doesn't immediately acquiese the trio looks a bit uncomfortable.

When Gaudia steps back the second of three stooges immediately puts the toe of the heavy boots at the end of his black hooded onesie (why are they all wearing black hooded onesies?) between the door and the jam, causing the slam to deflect harmlessly off the boot. Telekinesis might be fun but it's no match for simple physics sometimes.

"They aren't buying it! Pester 'em!" the first of the goons yells as the trio toss several black and yellow balls into the room which immediately begin spurting purple gas everywhere. Contact with the gas causes intense discomfort in the eyes and throat! Possibly even unconsciousness in pokemon that aren't resistant to poison.

Khannie immediately begins coughing as her eyes begin to water so badly she can hardly even see!

"What the heck is your PROBLEM!?" she attempts to yell, but instead she finds herself coughing uncontrollably and only manages to get out every third word or so. The DERP grunts will probably get the idea, though.

The grunts, meanwhile, pull their hoodies over their faces and thus pulling some pretty derpy looking derp emblems over where their face ought to be. The breathing filters inside of the hoodies will serve to filter out the noxious pester gas.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Guadia's Room]

Gaudia doesn't fare nearly so well. While the pester gas might knock out pokemon who simply don't resist poison, Gaudia has the distinction of being one that's especially vulnerable to it. Almost as soon as the gas is out into the air, she stumbles back, coughing fitfully and just barely managing to get herself over her bed before losing consciousness, so she at least won't fall and hit her head. Hopefully her disguise holds up in the meantime.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Nov 24, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Guadia's Room]

"Okay grab the balls and then we scram!" the grist grunt says, though his voice is muffled through his hoodie and respirator. The trio of DERP grunts will proceed to gather up Gaudia's pokeballs as well as the pesterballs for later use. And one of the fiends even steals some snacks! They're all in and out in less than a minute.

Khannie would totally show them what-for but she can hardly see at the moment and she's really leery about punching a human in this state. It would be hard to tell what she's doing and that means she might seriously injure them. One of the downsides to being a hero, especially when jerk villains take advantage of it!

Feeling her was over to the window Khannie pulls it open and begins fanning the gas out. Hopefully now that the balls are gone it'll disperse pretty quickly. It takes a good five minutes or so before Khannie can see again and as soon as she can she's giving Gaudia a good shaking.

"C'mon wake up."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Gaudia's Room]

"Roo...oo..." Gaudia mumbles as she slowly comes back around, blinking blearily and rubbing at her eyes. Huh. What's she doing back in her dorm in the middle of the day? And why is Khannie here?

Oh, that's right. They were hanging out when they were interrupted by some kids in DERP hoodies that-

Gaudia bolts upright and pats down her vest, where her pokeballs would normally be stored, eyes wide with panic.

No... nonononononononono-

"(They're gone!)" The gardevoir exclaims, pulling open her vest so Khannie can see the vacancies. "(My friends... they're all gone.)"

...Oh.

Oh, that is something she was not ready to deal with today.

At first, she just looks upset. Quietly perturbed by the revelation that someone felt the need to come and take her friends away for some heretofore unknown but no doubt nefarious purpose. But it doesn't take long for that upsetness to evolve into full-blown rage.

Hopefully, Khannie's been keeping up with her pokedex entries and has some warning about how an angry gardevoir reacts when its protective instincts kick in.

If her room was messy before, it's only going to get so much worse now. The loose wrappers and bedding and furniture are all going to start swirling around the room in a storm of psychokinetic fury, with Gaudia at its epicenter. Anything that's not nailed down is going to find itself rather abruptly thrown in a random direction, then promptly thrown in another and yet another. And judging by the groan of metal being strained coming from the door, things that are nailed down aren't very long for this world, either.

This is going to get especially concerning when a small, glowing black sphere starts to materialize in front of Gaudia's chest.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Gaudia's Room]

"Yeah they're gone but we're going to get them back, okay?" Khannie says, a look of grim determination in her eyes. "These jerks are probably stealing lots of pokemon. They knew you're a trainer so no way you're the only one. We just gotta figure out where they're taking the pokeballs and we head over there and get 'em back."

Khannie sounds absolutely certain that this is exactly how things are going to go down.

She doesn't doubt for a SECOND that they can overcome this problem.

Aaaaand then the room starts going all poltergeist.

Khannie grips her cap to make sure it doesn't flying off, her voluminous pony-tail whipping around violently.

"Gaudia what the heck! Thrashing your room isn't gunna do us any good right now we've gotta start looking for your friends," Khannie says, edging away from the dark orb a bit while doing her best to avoid stepping out into the psychic storm. She would very much like to avoid getting hurled around.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Gaudia's Room]

Fortunately for Khannie, this is one of the few times when reasoning with a large, angry, rampaging animal actually works. She must just have one of those voices.

The room stops spinning around for a moment, and after a tense second of everything hanging in the air, gravity takes hold again and the various furnishings collapse back to the floor, though none of them are in a useful configuration. She's... going to be busy later.

"(...You're right.)" The gardevoir lets out a little sigh, taking a deep breath as the sphere in front of her winks out of existence. "(All we have to do is track them down. Things are going to be fine. It's all going to be fine.)"

She's... not entirely convinced, but at least she's not about to give the local astronomy club a close-up view of a black hole.

"(...You can smell them, right? Can you tell where they went?)"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Hallways

"She had sport, so she put it in her locker in the PE block, with the rest of her stuff. It was the only thing missing when she went back after the end of lesson. Normally she'd wear it, but Coach Ratchett doesn't like it because it's 'dangerous'. She doesn't even teach a real sport, there's no tanks or even a little cannon." Fred has a... weird idea of what a real sport is. Apparently, football doesn't count. "Problem is, those lockers are shit. A good punch in the right spot on the side springs 'em open every time. I'll show you when we get there, I already looked in the other lockers." By breaking into them the same way someone broke into Synthia's, probably.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Gaudia's Room]

Gaudia really isn't 'large' by any stretch of the imagination. She's about as tall as Khannie is. Though Khannie is quite a bit less insubstantial. Gardevoirs are really weirdly skinny. But hey whatever works, right? Khannie breaths a sigh of relief when all the junk crashes back to the floor.

That's going to be a real mess to clean up.

But that's a problem for later.

"Yeah, everything is gunna be fine. We'll get your friends back and save the day, you'll see!" Khannie says quite confidently. Thankfully that confidence tends to be a little contagious. A bit of encouragement goes a long way. "Eerr... yeah, I could track 'em. But my senses are all human senses right now. I would need to drop my disguise."

She looks briefly conflicted-
-but that look of conflict is hastily replaced with adamant resolve.

"But who cares, right? After history class most of the other students will probably find out anyway."

And with that she allows the shadows to flow offer her, revealing her actual form once again. She drops to all fours and begins sniffing around the floor, only to immediately sneeze.

<Heck there's still some of that gas residue,> she sort of swears, her eyes watering a bit. <But I think I've got 'em. Those suits they were wearing have got a weird rubbery smell like playground tires. I can probably follow that. C'mon!>

And with that she goes loping out into the hallway, pausing now and again to snuffle at the floor or raises her head to smell the air. There's a good chance some other trainers bereft of their pokemon will be popping out into the hallway for much the same reason they are. Only problem is the other trainers got all their pokemon stolen, too!
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hallways
Mary is taken aback by Tahara's glowing praise of her mother. "Um... Thanks, I guess?" She shakes her head at the complaints about sports. She's pretty sure tank driving is not a real sport, and football is. "Why would anyone want that thing? Not only that, but who?" A hideous metal mask isn't something someone would normally steal.

Room 104
Mary snaps her fingers under Aiko's nose. "Aiko, wake up. How are you not failing if you keep falling asleep in class?" She snaps her fingers again. "Aiko!"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Introductory Collisions]
Rebonack wrote: Nov 20, 2022 4:07 pmOh hey she's got a tail.
How did Khannie miss that?
Probably got distracted by the mysterious cloak. Those are both mysterious and attention grabbing.

Regardless, Khannie starts walking again since she's got her next class to get to and she can't dawdle TOO long. "Oh heck pokeballs. Uuh... They're these machines for catching pokemon, right? I've seen people using 'em before but I dunno how they really work. You throw one at a pokemon that's weak enough and it opens up and they just sorta get pulled inside in this flash of light? Then you can let the pokemon out again later and they'll fight for you."

She takes a quick look around and spots NO pokemon trainer students in the immediate area.

That's a shame.

Someone probably knows how they work.

"It probably doesn't matter unless being a pokemon trainer is your thing."
Tail-hiding is one of the cloak's many useful function. Vix doesn't like the tail very much despite how useful it is, so other people not noticing it is just fine.

She starts walking along with Khannie, since she was going somewhere in this confusing school campus to begin with, for one thing. And it's hard to talk to someone when they're gone, for another. And maybe they'll end up in some of the same classes, for a third?

Vix is not very good at walking. A real three left feet situation.

"Don't. Know. I've. Ne-ver. Tried. Trai-ning. A. Po-ke-mon. Before."

Maybe it's one of those things that protagonists turn out to be good at.

"Is. That. Much. Like. A. 'Di-gi-des-tin-ed'. Per-son. ?."

If the digi-watch is like a poke-ball, and Sirius is like those creatures, that would all make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 24, 2022 6:37 pm Hallways

"She had sport, so she put it in her locker in the PE block, with the rest of her stuff. It was the only thing missing when she went back after the end of lesson. Normally she'd wear it, but Coach Ratchett doesn't like it because it's 'dangerous'. She doesn't even teach a real sport, there's no tanks or even a little cannon." Fred has a... weird idea of what a real sport is. Apparently, football doesn't count. "Problem is, those lockers are shit. A good punch in the right spot on the side springs 'em open every time. I'll show you when we get there, I already looked in the other lockers." By breaking into them the same way someone broke into Synthia's, probably.
bc56 wrote: Nov 24, 2022 8:32 pm Hallways
Mary is taken aback by Tahara's glowing praise of her mother. "Um... Thanks, I guess?" She shakes her head at the complaints about sports. She's pretty sure tank driving is not a real sport, and football is. "Why would anyone want that thing? Not only that, but who?" A hideous metal mask isn't something someone would normally steal.

Room 104
Mary snaps her fingers under Aiko's nose. "Aiko, wake up. How are you not failing if you keep falling asleep in class?" She snaps her fingers again. "Aiko!"
[Hallways]

"Any time!" Tahara replies cheerily, giving Mary a little pat on the shoulder. She's always got time for a compliment or two.

"I mean, by the sounds of things, this mask is a bit magical, almost." She points out, as she starts scuttling in the direction of the aforementioned locker room. "Maybe someone wanted it for that reason?" She shrugs. "I don't suppose you know anyone wh-"

"Not me this time." Aikobaz casually inserts as she walks by the group.

"...Okay?" Tahara shrugs. "...Or maybe someone just wanted to prank your friend by making her go without a face. Somebody's idea of a joke."

-

[Room 104]

Aikobaz blinks blearily at Mary's finger-snaps, looking up at her with more of an annoyed than alarmed expression. She falls asleep in class fairly often, really. The only surprising thing about this situation is that Mary's waking her up (as opposed to the girl that normally sits where she's sitting). The empress glances up at the chalkboard, then back to Mary, quickly piecing together what the assignment is.

"...Nope." She says simply, sitting back in her chair and stretching out the arm she was just resting on. "I'll just take the 20%, thank you. Still leaves me with an A." She shrugs and gives Mary a little glare, all but coming out and saying "and you can go screw yourself."
Rebonack wrote: Nov 24, 2022 6:47 pm [Gaudia's Room]

Gaudia really isn't 'large' by any stretch of the imagination. She's about as tall as Khannie is. Though Khannie is quite a bit less insubstantial. Gardevoirs are really weirdly skinny. But hey whatever works, right? Khannie breaths a sigh of relief when all the junk crashes back to the floor.

That's going to be a real mess to clean up.

But that's a problem for later.

"Yeah, everything is gunna be fine. We'll get your friends back and save the day, you'll see!" Khannie says quite confidently. Thankfully that confidence tends to be a little contagious. A bit of encouragement goes a long way. "Eerr... yeah, I could track 'em. But my senses are all human senses right now. I would need to drop my disguise."

She looks briefly conflicted-
-but that look of conflict is hastily replaced with adamant resolve.

"But who cares, right? After history class most of the other students will probably find out anyway."

And with that she allows the shadows to flow offer her, revealing her actual form once again. She drops to all fours and begins sniffing around the floor, only to immediately sneeze.

<Heck there's still some of that gas residue,> she sort of swears, her eyes watering a bit. <But I think I've got 'em. Those suits they were wearing have got a weird rubbery smell like playground tires. I can probably follow that. C'mon!>

And with that she goes loping out into the hallway, pausing now and again to snuffle at the floor or raises her head to smell the air. There's a good chance some other trainers bereft of their pokemon will be popping out into the hallway for much the same reason they are. Only problem is the other trainers got all their pokemon stolen, too!
[Gaudia's Room -> Hallways, Pursuing DERP]

Gaudia doesn't need to be told twice. Khannie's nose has proven somewhat reliable before, and now that she mentions the rubbery tire smell, Gaudia can pick up trace amounts of it, too. The zoroark can probably figure out where she's going just fine.

At first, she doesn't really see a problem with the other trainers in the hall. Of course other people got their pokemon abducted. There's no reason why DERP would target her and only her, right?

Then she realizes that they're all using no pokemon, which they normally use for everything, and they're going to want to get something to hold them over until they can get their teams back.

Right as a convenient zoroark is zipping down the hall.

Oh boy.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Tail-hiding is also a useful function of Khannie's human disguise. She's ALSO not super-fond of her tail(s). And unlike Vix' tail they aren't really useful. At least not useful for anything Khannie has discovered thus far. Mostly there are just a bunch of the dumb poofy things. Normally zoroarks aren't even supposed to have tails but she's pretty sure this is Jade's fault somehow.

Anywho!

As they walk Khannie watches that cloak moving and whatever sorts of limbs Vix has got under that thing seem really...

Lots.

"Usually people start when they're ten. Or thirteen? I think it depends some places start earlier. You get handed your first pokemon and pointed at the nearest patch of tall grass and that's the start of your adventure learning about the power of friendship with dumb animals that beat the heck outta each other," Khannie sort-of explains. Her view of pokemon training is still pretty dim, even if her antipathy toward pokemon in general has softened a little bit since she made her wish.

"Digimon are different though you don't catch more of 'em so it's the just the one partner. And all digimon can talk! They're just weird monster people. So they're like a partner more than a pet. Some pokemon can talk but most of 'em are just animals with magic powers," Khannie explains as she continues her walk toward the STEM section of the building. "So... I guess it's sort of the same?"

Except digimon video games are all deeply flawed for the most part.

[DERPy Chase]

Oh boy is right.

Now, any trainer worth their salt knows that catching a pokemon who's still full of verve and vinegar isn't very likely. But when you've got some pretty high quality balls AND there are a bunch of people willing to take a shot at it that probability quickly rises into the realms of 'very likely.' Which is why without hesitation someone lobs an ultra-ball at Khannie almost immediately.

Typically the way this goes is pretty straight forward.

The ball would hit the wild pokemon, bounce off them, open up, and then suck them inside in a flash of light. Then there would be some fidgeting around and either the ball bursts as the pokemon escapes or gets captured!

The first few steps are the same here.

Khannie gets thwacked and the ball pops open to snag her but instead of de-materializing the zoroark the ball makes a rather loud fizzling noise and just drops to the floor. Khannie glares at the offending trainer for a moment before standing up on her hind legs, making the fact that she's wearing a PREP uniform all the more obvious.

Her illusionary voice begins playing over the top of her goofy zoroark noises a few moments later.

"I've gotta No-Catch chip. I'm a STUDENT not someone's pet. My friend here got her pokemon stolen and I'm gunna help her get them back. So you dweebs can either HELP or get the HECK outta my way."

Most of the trainers, totally bereft of any of their pokemon and uncertain of their ability to stand up against a TEAM of goons, back down.

But one does not. Gaudia might even recognize ACE TRAINER Colby from the fight in the lunch room, the kids who fought against Lola. He retreats back into his dorm room, only to quickly return with a baseball bat. "I don't know how much help I'm going to be against these creeps and their stolen pokemon but I'm sure not going to just sit around and do nothing."

Colby has joined the party!
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Room 104
"Not today you jerk." Mary snaps and reaches down to bodily lift Aiko out of the seat. She's a lot stronger than she looks. "Miss Juno, my partner is refusing to work. How does she even have over 100% if she sleeps through every class?"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 25, 2022 7:11 pmTail-hiding is also a useful function of Khannie's human disguise. She's ALSO not super-fond of her tail(s). And unlike Vix' tail they aren't really useful. At least not useful for anything Khannie has discovered thus far. Mostly there are just a bunch of the dumb poofy things. Normally zoroarks aren't even supposed to have tails but she's pretty sure this is Jade's fault somehow.

Anywho!

As they walk Khannie watches that cloak moving and whatever sorts of limbs Vix has got under that thing seem really...

Lots.

"Usually people start when they're ten. Or thirteen? I think it depends some places start earlier. You get handed your first pokemon and pointed at the nearest patch of tall grass and that's the start of your adventure learning about the power of friendship with dumb animals that beat the heck outta each other," Khannie sort-of explains. Her view of pokemon training is still pretty dim, even if her antipathy toward pokemon in general has softened a little bit since she made her wish.

"Digimon are different though you don't catch more of 'em so it's the just the one partner. And all digimon can talk! They're just weird monster people. So they're like a partner more than a pet. Some pokemon can talk but most of 'em are just animals with magic powers," Khannie explains as she continues her walk toward the STEM section of the building. "So... I guess it's sort of the same?"

Except digimon video games are all deeply flawed for the most part.
"Oh. Pre-tty. Young. Some. Times." Back when Vix was 10 years old, she did not receiver a dumb fighting animal, nor did she go into the tall grass that entire year.

She was simply too busy with other protagonist stuff.

And didn't know a pokemon professor, that's probably a large part of it.

"You. Don't. Much. Like. Po-ke-mon. ?." she ventures.

That Digimon thing sounds alright though. Like an imaginary friend but they're real and live in a watch (or in the fog?) Will she need something like that to be Sirius's foe in some future competition?
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Yeah super young. Most kids probably shouldn't be having dangerous adventures when they're that little," says Khannie who was absolutely having dangerous adventures when she was that little.

It's different when you're a pokemon.

Obviously.

Pokemon need conflict to grow.

And speaking of the weird monsters Khannie looks vaguely uncomfortable at that next question. "I used to really hate 'em. Some bad stuff happened to me when I was little 'cuz of 'em. But I dunno. It was kinda childish and dumb to hate all pokemon because of that. It isn't like it was their fault. The animal sorta pokemon still kind of creep me out and the people ones are just... people. No reason to dislike someone for what someone else did, right?"

That would be a terrible thing to do.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Hallways --> PE Block

"She has other faces, she's wearing her learning face right now. That's the blank one with no features on it, it helps her focus. She's also got a social face, which is pretty, and doesn't help in any way, and a mechanical face that is still a work in progress. It has moving lips, but... they aren't synched to her voice yet. And... I guess they might be magic? I genuinely don't know how they work. Or what happened; Synthia's very quiet about her backstory. All I know is, she's a cyborg, not a robot." Which quite possibly doesn't make Synthia any less creepy. And still a little obsessed with violence.

It probably won't take long before they arrive at the PE block and the locker room in question. Nobody's inside, just lots of lockers; there's three aisles flanked with lockers and more against most of the walls. It's useful all three of them are girls; this is a girl's locker room, and there's no door between here and the changing room or the showers.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

PE Block
Mary doesn't have much to say about all this.
Honestly it just reinforces how strange Synthia is. Is there really a person under there? Because she doesn't seem interested in anything other than violence. And the interchangeable faces are bizarre and creepy.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Introductory Collisons]

"Well. I. Was. Ha-ving. Da-nge-rous. Ad-ven-tures. Back. Then."
"Pro-ba-bly. Nor-mal. At. This. School. Right. ?."

That's how one gets to be a protagonist, is by carrying on in your adventures even when they're extremely dangerous, right?

"May-be. It. De-pends. Why. They. Did. It."
"If. It's. Some-thing. In. Co-mmon. With. The. O-ther. Peo-ple. Then. You. Should. Be. Rea-dy."
Such as some sort of villainous team of people. Or perhaps a whole organization.

Vix pauses in her shuffling walk.
"Think. This. Is. My. Class."
"Bye. Kha-nnie."
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 21, 2022 12:07 pm Snek Lunch

"Well, with the exception of the glasses and snakes, I'd say you've probably had a decent start at it. Everyone at this school's exceptional in some way, or has some grand destiny lined up. It's the nature of the place, it's why we got offered a spot. Most of the time it's just exceedingly good at some sport or other, but not always. My grandma's lodger comes here, and she's an exiled empress." And sort-of a step-cousin, as they're living under the same roof and cared for by the same person when they aren't in school.
[Snek Lunch]

"Well, I don't know about that. I don't know if I'm that special." Natharia replies uncertainly. She knows that her mom treats her like the most special girl in the world, but she's self aware enough not to fully buy into that.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 25, 2022 7:11 pm [DERPy Chase]

Oh boy is right.

Now, any trainer worth their salt knows that catching a pokemon who's still full of verve and vinegar isn't very likely. But when you've got some pretty high quality balls AND there are a bunch of people willing to take a shot at it that probability quickly rises into the realms of 'very likely.' Which is why without hesitation someone lobs an ultra-ball at Khannie almost immediately.

Typically the way this goes is pretty straight forward.

The ball would hit the wild pokemon, bounce off them, open up, and then suck them inside in a flash of light. Then there would be some fidgeting around and either the ball bursts as the pokemon escapes or gets captured!

The first few steps are the same here.

Khannie gets thwacked and the ball pops open to snag her but instead of de-materializing the zoroark the ball makes a rather loud fizzling noise and just drops to the floor. Khannie glares at the offending trainer for a moment before standing up on her hind legs, making the fact that she's wearing a PREP uniform all the more obvious.

Her illusionary voice begins playing over the top of her goofy zoroark noises a few moments later.

"I've gotta No-Catch chip. I'm a STUDENT not someone's pet. My friend here got her pokemon stolen and I'm gunna help her get them back. So you dweebs can either HELP or get the HECK outta my way."

Most of the trainers, totally bereft of any of their pokemon and uncertain of their ability to stand up against a TEAM of goons, back down.

But one does not. Gaudia might even recognize ACE TRAINER Colby from the fight in the lunch room, the kids who fought against Lola. He retreats back into his dorm room, only to quickly return with a baseball bat. "I don't know how much help I'm going to be against these creeps and their stolen pokemon but I'm sure not going to just sit around and do nothing."

Colby has joined the party!
[DERPy Chase]

Well, if Colby wants to come along, Gaudia certainly won't turn him down. She doesn't remember too much about how that battle went, except- oh, right, Lola actually managed to burn through a few of his team. Gaudia gets the impression he's one of the few trainers that actually respected her after that fight, the other being the one she sent Casper against.

Well, so much the better, then.

The gardevoir waves him over, making a "let's go" gesture in the direction of Khannie's nose.
bc56 wrote: Nov 25, 2022 8:13 pm Room 104
"Not today you jerk." Mary snaps and reaches down to bodily lift Aiko out of the seat. She's a lot stronger than she looks. "Miss Juno, my partner is refusing to work. How does she even have over 100% if she sleeps through every class?"
[Room 104]

"I show up, I do my work, and I do it flawlessly." Aikobaz brags, seeming rather nonplussed by Mary lifting her out of her seat. Ho hum. She lives with half a dozen people who can replicate that feat easily, does she think that makes her special? "And all the extra credit. And even more from my extracurriculars. Why, what did you do to get that C, other than being painfully mediocre?"

She has no idea if Mary's got a C or not. But if she's this upset, Aikobaz is guessing her grades aren't nearly high enough to just tank the loss.

"...You know, I suppose that's true." Miss Juno intervenes, flicking through some files on her desk. "You do have an abnormally high grade in my class. Perhaps too much so, as it seems to have given you the impression that you can weaponize your grades against your fellow students." She flicks out a little pink slip from one of the folders. "So I had a word with the principal, and she's agreed to allow special dispensation on this assignment. For you, in particular, this assignment will be weighed double."

"...But... but that would..." Aikobaz stammers.

"Bump you down to an 89, if you refused to do it." Miss Juno smirks. "B plus."

Aikobaz's hand goes to her sternum and she swallows hard. "You can't do that! That's not fair!"

"Yes I can, and I don't care."

The empress frowns and glares down at Mary. "...You just had to open your stupid mouth, didn't you?" She grumbles.
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 26, 2022 4:40 pm Hallways --> PE Block

"She has other faces, she's wearing her learning face right now. That's the blank one with no features on it, it helps her focus. She's also got a social face, which is pretty, and doesn't help in any way, and a mechanical face that is still a work in progress. It has moving lips, but... they aren't synched to her voice yet. And... I guess they might be magic? I genuinely don't know how they work. Or what happened; Synthia's very quiet about her backstory. All I know is, she's a cyborg, not a robot." Which quite possibly doesn't make Synthia any less creepy. And still a little obsessed with violence.

It probably won't take long before they arrive at the PE block and the locker room in question. Nobody's inside, just lots of lockers; there's three aisles flanked with lockers and more against most of the walls. It's useful all three of them are girls; this is a girl's locker room, and there's no door between here and the changing room or the showers.
bc56 wrote: Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm PE Block
Mary doesn't have much to say about all this.
Honestly it just reinforces how strange Synthia is. Is there really a person under there? Because she doesn't seem interested in anything other than violence. And the interchangeable faces are bizarre and creepy.
[PE Block]

Tahara, on the other hand, has to give her credit for being true to her purpose. Violence might not be the loftiest goal, especially if poorly applied, but unlike many other violence-focused students at this school, she has yet to hear of any problems with Synthia... not counting this one, as she's the victim here. The trash witch will have to see about meeting with her at a later date.

For now, she just focuses on examining the empty locker, trying to push down that jittery feeling that came with coming into the locker room. She tried showering here once.

Once.

And her roaches still get a little shaky whenever she gets too close to the place.

"...Hm..." Tahara puts her hand in the locker and lets its constituent bugs scuttle around, wiggling their antennae for any trails she could follow.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Nov 29, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[DERPy Chase]

Burn through one on his team.

The electrode.

The one that was meant to lay down defensive moves, cripple an attacker, and set them up for whoever switches in next. At least he had the kindness not to be equipped with Explosion. Either way, Colby is ready to get his pokemon back and he isn't planning on sitting around like a lump.

"Cool, let's go get 'em," comes Khannie's phantom voice before she drops back to all fours again and returns to the sniffing. "There musta been a bunch of these guys if they all pulled this off at once. Otherwise we should be running into 'em or something."

They WERE delayed a bit by Khannie shaking Gaudia awake again, but that wouldn't have slowed them down THAT much considering how many people appear to be missing their pokemon. Which means these guys have GOT to be organized. Which means they probably have somewhere to fall back to and...

Do...

Whatever it is they're planning on doing.

The trail leads our heroes down the hall and to-

...a dead end?

"What the..." Khannie mutters, pausing at the end of the hallway that leads only to a broom closet. "The trails all lead here. There's gotta be... three or four groups. At least! Where the heck did they all go?"

...they didn't pile into that janitor's closet, did they?

Khannie heads over, grabs the doornob, and yanks it open with an, "Ah HAH!"

She's greeted with mops, a push-broom, and various cleaning chemicals.

Colby, likewise, looks a bit puzzled. Gaudia may be able to feel the psychic echo an abra here.

"Yeah, I guess that's pretty normal," Khannie admits.

Though not EVERYONE has dangerous adventures.

There are also sports protagonists and game protagonists!

Protagonists of all sorts. Even protagonists who are AMAZING at having a ton of definitely not girlfriends following them around all the time. But not all of those things involve danger.

"Sure, yeah, I'll see you around campus, right? Enjoy your class!" Khannie says as she hurries off to her math class.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Snek Lunch

"Not everyone is. I mean, they're all special, but... there's two girls whose sole claim to speciality is how good they are at operating war machines- tanks. They do it as a sport, with a couple other girls." Actually Aigothurz is thinking of Gemini, who is only one girl, not two, just a girl with two seperate bodies. Or perhaps a pair of twins with a telepathic link so strong they never developed their own individual personalities. "Maybe you've got something like that going on, instead of 'inherit an empire' or whatever." Rebuild it, in Aigothurz' case.

PE Block

The locker that Synthia used is empty, smelling vaguely of oil, copper, and similar artificial things, but there's an underlying scent of blood as well. There's also a smell of aftershave, which is unlikely to be Synthia as she doesn't shave. And it's not related to the smells Tahara will have picked up off Fred, either. The locker is mostly empty; right at the back there's a pencil stub bearing the Vault-Tec symbol which has been missed by Fred and Synthia's own searches.

The aftershave smell leads to another locker, one placed so it nearly has an angle on the shower room, and from there it leaves the locker chamber to elsewhere in the PE block.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

PE Block
Mary awkwardly stands there. This isn't really her wheelhouse. Until a thief shows themselves, she's just going to be tagging along and letting Tahara do her thing.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Room 104
Mary, for her part, laughs at Aiko. "You idiot. She had the slip ready before I spoke up. I just saved your grade." She does regret it, because spiting Aiko would be fun. "If you'd like, I could refuse to work instead. That look on your face is worth failing the class for," she half jokes, "Besides, you might still fail anyway. It'll be a lot harder to cheat when I'm watching." And there it comes out. Mary is convinced Aiko only gets the grades she does by cheating.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 28, 2022 5:09 am [DERPy Chase]

Burn through one on his team.

The electrode.

The one that was meant to lay down defensive moves, cripple an attacker, and set them up for whoever switches in next. At least he had the kindness not to be equipped with Explosion. Either way, Colby is ready to get his pokemon back and he isn't planning on sitting around like a lump.

"Cool, let's go get 'em," comes Khannie's phantom voice before she drops back to all fours again and returns to the sniffing. "There musta been a bunch of these guys if they all pulled this off at once. Otherwise we should be running into 'em or something."

They WERE delayed a bit by Khannie shaking Gaudia awake again, but that wouldn't have slowed them down THAT much considering how many people appear to be missing their pokemon. Which means these guys have GOT to be organized. Which means they probably have somewhere to fall back to and...

Do...

Whatever it is they're planning on doing.

The trail leads our heroes down the hall and to-

...a dead end?

"What the..." Khannie mutters, pausing at the end of the hallway that leads only to a broom closet. "The trails all lead here. There's gotta be... three or four groups. At least! Where the heck did they all go?"

...they didn't pile into that janitor's closet, did they?

Khannie heads over, grabs the doornob, and yanks it open with an, "Ah HAH!"

She's greeted with mops, a push-broom, and various cleaning chemicals.

Colby, likewise, looks a bit puzzled. Gaudia may be able to feel the psychic echo an abra here.
[A DERPy Chase]

"...Dead. End." Gaudia notes, looking around inside the closet. No sign of where their quarry could have gone. And this place is a bit small to be housing four groups of kids outside of their view anyway. There's got to be some kind of trick to it. A hidden passageway or something.

"...Stand. Back." The gardevoir commands, gently coaxing both Colby and Khannie away from the door. Part of her is still operating on instinct, which has gone largely unsatisfied. She still wants to whip up a psychic storm.

So Arceus help her, that's exactly what she's going to do.

Gaudia closes the closet door, gently, and puts her hands against it, closing her eyes and concentrating. Letting her anger build, that urge to throw something rising into a seething, burning feeling in her chest. That righteous indignation surges inside of her until it manifests physically, somehow.

In this case, in the form of the closet's interior being completely rearranged.

Gaudia knows to stop when the door goes flying over her head, revealing the tiny black hole she's made inside the closet. If there were any passageways in there, they've had their coverings ripped away by now.

...There probably aren't. But Gaudia didn't inherit much in the way of psychic sensitivity, so this is about the best she can do.
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 28, 2022 5:39 pm PE Block

The locker that Synthia used is empty, smelling vaguely of oil, copper, and similar artificial things, but there's an underlying scent of blood as well. There's also a smell of aftershave, which is unlikely to be Synthia as she doesn't shave. And it's not related to the smells Tahara will have picked up off Fred, either. The locker is mostly empty; right at the back there's a pencil stub bearing the Vault-Tec symbol which has been missed by Fred and Synthia's own searches.

The aftershave smell leads to another locker, one placed so it nearly has an angle on the shower room, and from there it leaves the locker chamber to elsewhere in the PE block.
bc56 wrote: Nov 29, 2022 6:14 pm PE Block
Mary awkwardly stands there. This isn't really her wheelhouse. Until a thief shows themselves, she's just going to be tagging along and letting Tahara do her thing.
[PE Block]

Of course, Tahara herself can't really smell any of this. If she had a sense of smell, it'd be obscured by her own natural musk. But the roaches that make up her body are their own story, and soon, the ones she'd set in the locker go scurrying out, following the various scent trails.

"We've got a hit!" The trash witch calls, running after the swarm and quickly concluding the ones heading for the PE block are the anomalies; there's fewer of them and they aren't following the same routine. "Come on! Let's go!"
bc56 wrote: Nov 30, 2022 5:21 pm Room 104
Mary, for her part, laughs at Aiko. "You idiot. She had the slip ready before I spoke up. I just saved your grade." She does regret it, because spiting Aiko would be fun. "If you'd like, I could refuse to work instead. That look on your face is worth failing the class for," she half jokes, "Besides, you might still fail anyway. It'll be a lot harder to cheat when I'm watching." And there it comes out. Mary is convinced Aiko only gets the grades she does by cheating.
[Room 104]

"Cheat?!" Aikobaz snaps, hopping down off of Mary's hand. "I'm sorry, which one of us is the literal charity-girl demon again? Or... oh, wait a moment. Oh... ohohohoho~" She lets out a low, sardonic chuckle. "Is that what a jealous succubus looks like? You think anyone can't possibly be better at this sort of thing than you, the heir apparent to the queen of succubi, so someone in her own league over you has to be doing something untoward, is that it?" She points at Mary's cheeks with a little cackle. "Ha! I knew it! Look at the way you're blushing!"

Mary may or may not actually be blushing. But the power of suggestion in this sort of thing is strong, and at the very least, implying that she is only serves to make the empress's mockery even worse.

"...I feel like someone should be stopping this."

"Nah, she's in the Bully Club. She's got a license for this kind of thing."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,