Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Home

Post by Arkhosia »

Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 26, 2022 12:30 am [Spookysitting]

As Leis is opening the door she can suddenly a sudden weight being placed upon her shoulders and she will realize that two large, and icy cold, hands have been placed there. Large purple hands.
[Spookysitting]

"Ah!" Leis startles as she feels a sudden weight upon her shoulders, struggling and thrashing hard to try and escape. Looking back behind her, she tries to pitch back the vial of salt into wherever the entity's face might be.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Nov 25, 2022 6:53 pm"A shadowy conspiracy inciting the conflict eases the culpability of those who dealt the killing blow. Perhaps that is the purpose." Askeladd considers for a moment. It's not a question he's asked often. "I prefer the version where the Bull-King is dreading the imprisoned horrors and doesn't confide in his lieutenants, who grow displeased and kill him. It makes the betrayal a perhaps avoidable one, which makes for a poignant tragedy."
"That does soften the culpability a bit as well. But yes, that version gives plenty to think about. The disloyalty of the lieutenants, but also the distrust of the Bull-King, how much is owed to one's duties..."
The cleric gestures broadly at the sanctuary around them.
"A fine story, you've told. Is there something you wish to hear from me?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder Breakfast]

...Oh.

Yeah, that... Aikobaz knows what that feels like. She told Mrs. Bloodplunder not so long ago what happened to her own family, and if she's being honest with herself, the loss of her servants and heralds isn't sitting well with her, either (especially given how she ended up parting with each of them). And while she's not overly familiar with the woman's views on the afterlife, she can infer that she's waiting for the day when she can join her family in some kind of paradise, and from her tone, that part of her worries she won't make it.

...Which is sort of a heavy thing to consider over salmon and french toast.

Aikobaz pushes her seat back and moves over to join in the hug, but quickly finds that, being of a much smaller frame than Hope and Aigothurz, she can't really find much of a place to squeeze in. After a few moments, she abandons the hug, deciding that the moment's passed and Mrs. Bloodplunder is receiving plenty of comfort without her help.

"...So, um..." Aikobaz continues, deciding to change the subject. "...My teacher's going to want something a little more widespread than one family's history, terrific family though it may be." She takes her seat at the table again and pokes at her salmon idly with her fork, having yet to actually take a bite. "...What about holidays? Festivals? Thanksmas is coming up, did you guys ever celebrate something like that?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 26, 2022 12:30 am [Spookysitting]

As Leis is opening the door she can suddenly a sudden weight being placed upon her shoulders and she will realize that two large, and icy cold, hands have been placed there. Large purple hands.

Meanwhile, TV has started to flip through channels now never staying on one for more than a few seconds. Until it finally stops at one that shows a bunch of kids sneaking through a hallway in what seems to be a school in the middle of the night as the class rooms are all empty and dark. Then out of one of the class rooms they just sneaked past into there's suddenly a terrifying roar as something emerges. The children all scream and then the lights go out.

The next they hear is a narrators voice. "...and neither of the children would ever be seen again despite the continued efforts of both authorities and their parents."

It really seem to want to linger on this particular channel.
Arkhosia wrote: Nov 27, 2022 5:05 pm [Spookysitting]

"Ah!" Leis startles as she feels a sudden weight upon her shoulders, struggling and thrashing hard to try and escape. Looking back behind her, she tries to pitch back the vial of salt into wherever the entity's face might be.
[Spookysitting]

The content of the show only heightens the tension, and Jaazha tugs on the back of her sister's dress. "Eshe!"

The other girl jumps, easily startled. "Okay okay..." She whispers and the whole group makes a retreat back into the kitchen.

That's when they here Leis's small cry. "Leis!" Orlane shouts and runs down the hall toward the maid room.

"Wait!" Jaazha yells after her. Why is no one listening??? She follows after her sister to try and grab her and stop her from going that way, but Orlane has a head start.

Eshe stays in the kitchen with Rosabel and Maha. At least two of them have to stick with their baby sister.
Arkhosia wrote: Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm [Foxes Snacking]

"Here, lemme show you," Anastasia suggests, offering a hand to lead Annie back to the freezer. "So like, these chipwich sandwiches are pretty good, I usually get those ones. Then there's these strawberry treats, they're super fruity." Her eyes widen. "Oh! And they have SpongeRobert popsicles, I almost never see those anymore! They're only like, kinda tasty, but they've got gumball eyes and them being in the shape of a face is kinda fun."
[Foxes Snacking]

Annie will take her hand, then assess each of the snacks. None of these are choco tacos, but they look good... "Okay, I'll take all those." She agrees, perhaps misinterpreting Ana's intent. Three treats would surely make her feel better, though.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Foxes Snacking]

Anastasia blinks, taken aback, and shrugs. "Um, yeah sure, we can get three." Better to dip into her own pocket change than deny Annie some of her promised appeasement. Stepping forward, Ana reaches in, retrieves one of each... and a second chipwich, which she artfully slides into the pocket of her hoodie before turning back with a smile. "Okay! Let's um, bring these up to the counter, shall we?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodfast Breakplunder

They'll all make room for Aikobaz when she joins in, which might just result in her getting swamped by the arms of a large bodybuilder and her great-nephew who is even larger and their little old grandmother. Mrs. Bloodplunder's arms have the strongest grip, though she's gentle as well.

Once done, they'll sit and start to eat, Mrs. Bloodplunder humming with amazement at the taste. Fish was also unusual, on the steppes of the Whispering Sea; not many permanent bodies of water about. "Couldn't tell you for Ecbatana. Weren't there long, just enough for Aigothurz to kill the last rulers an' crown the next, grab Princess Sky as hostage, and then we left again. Spent... two weeks there. Clan Bloodplunder celebrated the first rains of the wet season with drinking, feasting, and giving of gifts. That was probably closest to Thanksmas, I'd say, but also like some harvest festivals I've seen, too. And every thirteenth new moon the shamans would sit on towers and sing songs of creation and sacrifice a flask of kumis and the heart of an antelope to appease their ancestors."
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Nov 24, 2022 4:11 am [Palace of Tina]

"That's dangerous." Kirk admits after a moment of silence. "A vulnerability, like an open wound. It's not a luxury I've indulged often. I wouldn't say it's often went well when I have." He shrugs, as if to roll that off his shoulders. "I'm not good at it." He admits, additionally.
[Palace of Tina]

"Of course it is," Fettina agrees. "You're special, Kirk. You're special, but you're not special in that department. That's dangerous for everybody. Painful for everybody." She tries to clasp his hand. "And nobody's good at it. But we try anyway. Because it's worth it. Don't you think?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Fasting from Blood and taking a Break from Plunder]

...Aw. It's nice to be incl- oh gods this was a poor decision.

Aikobaz does her best to maintain a smile as she finds herself caught between three incredibly strong grips in the ensuing group hug. Ooh, she's going to be sore after that. But, hey, she had to grow up without getting that many hugs at all, so really they're just making them up all at once.

...She probably still would have preferred some sort of installment plan. But... this is still nice, in a bone-crushing kind of way.

"Okay I'd like to breathe again please." She wheezes as she breaks out of the hug.

Once she's out, and Mrs. Bloodplunder explains their "Thanksmas" traditions, Aikobaz makes a few notes in her notebook (with a noticeable drop in penmanship) and looks back up at Nana with a smile. "Not exactly the same as what we do here, but good enough. When working with different cultures, it's important to note that not all traditions are going to map to each other very well." She says, closing the notebook and returning to her meal.

...Or at least she would, if she could lift her arms.

Ooooow.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 26, 2022 3:07 pm Bed Talk

She was already worming around the order she had been given by telling Jim this much.
Jaahlyn couldn't help but to give him a skeptical look though. "Don't you also have a job, Jim?" She inquires. "I don't want you to take out a vacation just so you can follow me around. Besides, when things gets unpleasant- what would you do?" She couldn't even tell him more about it. Or that it was an it.
Bed Talk

"Sticks is the kind of person who would give me time off to stop someone from getting hurt. He might even come. Or send his knight-friend after me. She's nice." Jim shakes his head.
"I'm not completely helpless, you know. I've dealt with monsters before. Mostly by standing behind people in armor, but still."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodbreak Fastplunder

"What about the Thwackers? What traditions did they have? And... what did they call themselves? The only name I have for your tribe is the one given to them by the orcs." Aigothurz comments.
"My people? We just called ourselves the People. My clan was the Grasstalkers. We celebrated the first rains, too, with dancing and wrestling. No gifts, though. The shamans didn't belong to any clan, and wandered our territory. When one entered our camp they gifted us salt, incense and ghost beer. They stayed as long as they wished, and left again. Usually they selected five of my clan and foretold their future. That was a gift few wished to receive; it always came true, and only two received good news." Not that the foretelling was always very clear, given the nature of oracular abilities.

Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Foxes Snacking]

Annie bounces in place as Ana picks out the snacks. She's getting some of that energy back it seems! She watches her sister grab the snacks, and then whirls around to the counter. "Okay let's go!" Presumably to the relief of the cashier, she returns with a better disposition. She holds the money their mom gave then with anticipation.

[Palace of Tina]

Kirk shakes his head just slightly, but lets out a breath. "I've often question if it is, but for you I've clearly made an exception." He smiles, a bit wry, but how better to express his feelings?
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Nov 29, 2022 7:16 pm [Foxes Snacking]

Annie bounces in place as Ana picks out the snacks. She's getting some of that energy back it seems! She watches her sister grab the snacks, and then whirls around to the counter. "Okay let's go!" Presumably to the relief of the cashier, she returns with a better disposition. She holds the money their mom gave then with anticipation.
[Foxes Snacking]

"Sounds good to me," Ana replies, honestly a little relieved to see Annie back in high spirits. She leads Annie to the counter and pays for the three treats, handing the money over to a tired but relieved-looking cashier - along with a couple extra dollars from her own wallet. She does not, however, remove the fourth treat from her pocket. Very suspicious!

Kneeling down, Ana smiles. "Alright, ready to go home?" She goes to offer Annie her treats, before looking at the rather large selection and hesitating. Can she even carry all of these without squishing them?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 29, 2022 6:50 pm Bloodbreak Fastplunder

"What about the Thwackers? What traditions did they have? And... what did they call themselves? The only name I have for your tribe is the one given to them by the orcs." Aigothurz comments.
"My people? We just called ourselves the People. My clan was the Grasstalkers. We celebrated the first rains, too, with dancing and wrestling. No gifts, though. The shamans didn't belong to any clan, and wandered our territory. When one entered our camp they gifted us salt, incense and ghost beer. They stayed as long as they wished, and left again. Usually they selected five of my clan and foretold their future. That was a gift few wished to receive; it always came true, and only two received good news." Not that the foretelling was always very clear, given the nature of oracular abilities.
[Breadblunder Flookpast]

Aikobaz quietly rolls her eyes at Mrs. Bloodplunder's initial description of their celebrations; somehow, she doubts her tribe literally "danced" and "wrestled" as a form of celebration. Maybe she's just too used to hearing Nana's stories.

But at the rest of it, she finds herself stroking her chin in thought. "...You know." She begins, rubbing a finger below her bottom lip. "After finals, there's going to be a few weeks where I won't be going to school. I was planning on doing some... 'projects' in that time, but since that's well more than five nights, maybe we could revive that particular tradition instead?" She smiles. "If you're not too worried about unpleasant news, that is."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Foxes Snacking]

Annie does her part and put the money on the counter when the time comes for it. She looks quite pleased with herself, even if it does mean being parted with money. But what she gets in return is surely worth it. Speaking of which, she opens her hands to take the treats. "Come on, gimme." She urges.
~Images by Soushiyo
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Breakblood FreeAikobaz

"I'm sorry, my dear, but... we can't. They're gone. The People joined with the orcs under my husband, and when he died my brother-in-law tried to drive them away or kill them. Some orc clans broke away, the ones with the most interbreeding with the People, and others took shelter in the cities and kingdoms we'd conquered, but... I'm the last one." Their blood and traditions live on, in some form; and there may even be a few wandering shamans still alone in the Whispering Sea, but after sixty years there's few who remember the traditions as they were. One decade alongside the orcs, conquering a quarter of the world, and five since.

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder Breakfast]

"...I think you're missing the point, Nana." Aikobaz admonishes her gently. "Maybe you don't have any shamans around here anymore. But there are other ways to tell the future. I happen to know one of them." She smiles and pats her on the shoulder. "We can have a... Thanksmas the way you would remember it. I can prepare the prophecies in advance so nobody's kept waiting. And everything else can be just like you remember. How does that sound?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Nov 27, 2022 5:34 pm "That does soften the culpability a bit as well. But yes, that version gives plenty to think about. The disloyalty of the lieutenants, but also the distrust of the Bull-King, how much is owed to one's duties..."
The cleric gestures broadly at the sanctuary around them.
"A fine story, you've told. Is there something you wish to hear from me?"
Askeladd gives a curt bow.

"I believe I've heard all I needed to or wanted. My thanks for your hospitality and honesty."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Nov 30, 2022 3:20 am [Foxes Snacking]

Annie does her part and put the money on the counter when the time comes for it. She looks quite pleased with herself, even if it does mean being parted with money. But what she gets in return is surely worth it. Speaking of which, she opens her hands to take the treats. "Come on, gimme." She urges.
[Foxes Snacking]

Anastasia suppresses a giggle at Annie's proud expression, and hands her all three of the treats. "Alright, let's go!" Opening the door for her, she leads Annie back out and starts to head back down the street.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Breakbaz Aikoblood

"It wasn't really Thanksmas, or a set time. Just whenever a wandering holy person wandered into our camp. But... if you'd like to do that, I'd be very grateful." Mrs. Bloodplunder smiles, but there's tears in her eyes and she'll give Aikobaz a very large hug.
"There was a shaman of the People in the clan when I was much younger, a withered old thing, so old they were androgynous, whispering constantly with white eyes. They could see perfectly, though, better night vision than anyone else, and their stamina was truly formidable. They stayed with us for years, before leaving when I was seven. I can help you get the clothing I remember them wearing." Aigothurz was the second of the five people the shaman chose to reveal the future to, though Aigothurz doesn't remember it.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Nov 21, 2022 8:24 am [Bellamy House]

"Ah yes, you did mention that before." Reinholdt remembers them talking about how spirits were naturally attracted to Obriane when they first met at a Thanksmas party. So that aspect at least was somewhat unavoidable.

"The temple we went to was full of the vengeful dead, trapped there by a petty tyrant king," Reinholdt explains to Harley, just in case it helps provide any context. "I think... there was a mask?" Rein gets quieter as he considers the issue to limited success. Why didn't he remember clearly? This seems like the kind of thing you wouldn't forget.

One more thing has been weighing on his curiosity though. "What does this other you want?" Reinholdt asks, watching Obriane carefully as if analyzing her reaction to the question as much as the answer she gives.
Thursday Violist wrote: Nov 27, 2022 4:36 am [Bellamy House]

It is pretty sad that Harley asked that question. The previous topic was really interesting! But Harley had to mess it up.

After that explanation, Harley's about 60-40 that her powers could contribute to Otherbriane appearing. Making enough concentrated spirit-stuff energy that it forms physical objects? Sounds eerily similar. This raises questions in Harley's mind where, exactly, her powers come from and how they work but she figures at the moment there's basically no way to know for sure.
Oh well.
"I end up hunting a lot of quasi-physical spirit-stuff monsters all around the Nexus," Harley comments. She's actually finding a common ground. She wasn't really expecting there to be any common ground. "Usually just in Inside and here in Riverside, though." Like those paper elemental things that messed with people's memories, or those monkeys that exploded into trash when they died. Those are the big ones that come to her mind.

Manja is growing bored with the conversation. People stopped saying her name and stopped interacting with her. So she stops paying attention.
Gullara wrote: Nov 20, 2022 9:47 pm [Bellamy House]

"I think you touched that mask too, didn't you?" Kitsuki squints her eyes, trying to recall the details. It's all a bit foggy still. "It talked to, uh, the other you like it knew you. And the first time..." She glances at Obriane. Those spirits knew the other her too. "I'm not sure if it's really that random." She offers.
[Bellamy House]

"I... children I suppose?" Obriane pauses as she had in fact given this some thought. "Last time she manifested there were these spirits that were following us. I think they were her servants but they might have been more than just that actually. Like her creations or-" She gave this sentence a meaningful pause. "-children. Yet they were attempting to hurt Kitty-" Obriane gestures to the kitsune.
"-which is why I think she manifested and made them all go away. Since I don't think she really liked them all that much. More like toys than children really. Kitty on the other hand she could make real children for her. Which is why she was willing to destroy them all just to save her." She looks between, Rein, Harley and Kitty. "Does that make sense to you? I've been considering it for a while." Kitty would have heard this theory before if she had ever asked Obriane about it. Though it's not one Obriane would have just told her about unless the subject had come up.

She had no further theories about the mask. The details might be important but she didn't really have any input on it at the moment as the details were hazy.

Bed Talk

"Sorry Jim. I just wasn't sure if you had any sort of fighting experience. But... that's good to hear." Jaahlyn smiles. "I still can't guarantee that you will see anything and my boss might find it weird if I'm being followed around by my boyfriend for a week." Her smile turns into a smirk. "I might get distracted y'know?"

Spookysitting

((Will post for this scene tomorrow.))
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Breaking Aikobaz Fast]

"I mean, it's not a big- *oof*!" Aiko's cheeks darken considerably as Mrs. Bloodplunder hugs her. "Um... you're... you're welcome." She wheezes, gently tapping Nana's shoulder to remind her that she still requires oxygen to breathe.

Aigothurz's help is certainly appreciated, as well, and she acknowledges it as such with a little nod, not wanting to waste precious breathable air trying to explain it.

"Okay... Okay Nana, love you, too, but I have to go to school now." Aikobaz gasps, patting the elderly but clearly not infirm woman on the back.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Nov 29, 2022 7:16 pm [Foxes Snacking]

[Palace of Tina]

Kirk shakes his head just slightly, but lets out a breath. "I've often question if it is, but for you I've clearly made an exception." He smiles, a bit wry, but how better to express his feelings?
[Palace of Tina]

"I'm worth it, then?" Fettina half-teases him, rolling so her head just lies in his lap and she can look up.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki's face burns red. This is so uncomfortable. It's undeniable, though. What happened both times Otherbriane emerged after all? Children. Many of them. She averts her eyes from the group, and remains silent for the moment.

[Foxes Snacking]

Annie immediately cracks into the chipwich, wasting no time taking a bite. Then she looks curiously at her sister. "Are you gonna eat yours?" She asks, totally innocently.

[Palace of Tina]

"I suppose so." Kirk shakes his head slightly. "Don't let it go to your head." He warns, his smile getting more amused.
~Images by Soushiyo
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Fastbreak Aikobones

"Of course, tuskling, of course. Oh, my dear, thank you so. This is a delightful breakfast, as well." Mrs. Bloodplunder is a bit slow to let go of the former empress, but does so anyway so she can finish her toast.

The comment about going to school, though, makes Aigothurz panic. He looks at a clock, then down at his meal, and swears. "Shit anus! I've got politics first lesson, I don't want to miss that!" He'll cram the salmon into his mouth and rushes off to the bathroom to have a shower.

Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Dec 05, 2022 1:46 am [Foxes Snacking]

Annie immediately cracks into the chipwich, wasting no time taking a bite. Then she looks curiously at her sister. "Are you gonna eat yours?" She asks, totally innocently.
[Foxes Snacking]

Anastasia blinks. "Hm? Oh, um, yeah," she answers, slipping the treat out of her pocket and beginning to unwrap it - and then she pauses. Wait, hold on, Annie saw that? She tries to pretend she hasn't realized it, but it's pretty clear on her face.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Foxes Snacking]

Annie takes a bite out of her chipwich, watching Ana as she unwraps her own. "I saw you put it in your pocket." She claims. "Why'd you do that?" She sure is hard to read right now. How much trouble is Ana in?
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Foxes Snacking]

Ana hesitates for a second. "I- um, well, I didn't really have enough to buy myself something and get all three of the things you wanted," she admits, "but I wanted to make you happy, so I didn't want to make you put any of them back, and - I mean, like, that lady was kind of a jerk." The kitsune pouts. How dare she make Annie cry back there!
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Foxes Snacking]

Annie puts her snack to her lips as she considers this. "So you get a snack and keep your money?" Her eyes light up. Intriguing!
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Foxes Snacking]

Uh oh. Ana swallows. "I-I mean- um, people can get really angry when you do it and you can get into way more trouble than fighting, s-s-so you really probably shouldn't do it," she tries to backtrack.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Foxes Snacking]

"Oh." Annie continues to contemplate. She nibbles her treat. "But you did it."
~Images by Soushiyo