Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Recaiden »

[And Fusago!]

No, they're not too unique to function together. That can be fixed, even while they're still in their own bodies. It just rarely happens. Rarely necessary nor desired.

Once again, they try to show Fusago that the General isn't talking to him. See a web of lines flowing downward, like the roots of a tree. See the General at the end of one of these roots, and at each other, a different person - this one absorbed in paperwork, this one worrying about a battle - so many different minds. Separate, but connected.
See now indicated - the tree above all these roots.

Still, they wish to proceed. As they need to be accepted by the yu-seeds, the yu-seeds also need to prove themselves acceptable to them, isn't it so? They're not all Fusago (that's the point) but maybe the ways the differ are important. Unacceptable.

[Knight Takes Queen]

"Nye, I'm sure this has rather disrupted your plans for the evening, but this is not helping. The King will deal with this in his own way, and the mortals in theirs."
"Perhaps you could call pawns to show us the exit."

The General steps away from the arena and carefully makes her way around its edges towards Siana and Ana.
Addressing the vampire, she comments "Do you intend to kill everyone who presents some vague danger to your Ana? Without even asking her? You will be very busy."
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory

Tags:
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[MERC Office]

"We don't judge people by what they're 'made' of, or born to." Wenomir's tone rises slightly. It's a topic of importance to him. "We judge them by their actions. The demons' actions show them as monsters, not their nature. But it's true that the King in Rags is the more active threat now. At least we can be sure they won't work together. I'd suggest pitting them against each other but those schemes have a way of blowing up in your face."

[Knight Takes Queen]

"As I said, I will deal with her in due time. Killing her would not-" The King's gaze flicks to where Ilpholin's body used to be. "This is less than ideal. But we will deal with it. And my vengeance will not be rushed. I waited for aeons on the bottom of the world." Unless someone else says something, the King will turn to leave.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

[Knight takes Queen]
The King In Rags wrote: Dec 01, 2022 6:26 pm "The Wyrd heard what I spoke. It knows of your debt,"
Ana wrote: Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm "It's all going to be okay."
Nye wrote: Dec 03, 2022 2:20 pm "Vengeance is a terrible business so its best to get it over with quickly wouldn't you agree?"
Skye wrote: Dec 03, 2022 6:34 pm "Do you intend to kill everyone who presents some vague danger to your Ana?"
There are a lot of sentiments being directed Siana's way right now, and they seem to run the gamut of possible responses to what's happened so far. Oaths of vengeance. Reassurances. Condolences. Judgment. All of it further complicated by the fact that Ilpholin's body has suddenly disappeared, and nobody can account for it. Surely they would have seen if she simply got up and left? She must have been magicked out at some point. Somehow.

Which means she might not actually be dead. Or if she is, that might not be permanent.

Siana can't decide if that makes things better or worse. If Ilpholin didn't really die, then killing her was pointless. Worse than pointless. It'd leave Siana with a fresh batch of enemies (including, probably, Ilpholin herself), alienated allies, and the knowledge that she still would have absolutely done the deed even if it did have permanent consequences. But if she was truly gone...

Siana closes her eyes and shakes her head. That possibility certainly wasn't any better.

...But those are consequences for another day. For now, she just needs to get through the rest of the night without causing even more trouble.

Siana reaches up and puts a hand on Ana's, stopping her up at the shoulder (which is still comparatively normal, as opposed to the weirdness going on further down her back) and shakes her head. All going to be okay? She doubts that very much. Ana might be entertaining the possibility that Siana somehow did the right thing, but Siana herself doesn't agree with that assessment. No. She did wrong and she's going to be punished, so everything will most certainly not be okay.

...As much as she'd like them to be.

Then, at Skye, Siana can only manage a half-hearted glare before her gaze falls to the ground again. Guilt-wracked as she is, even she can tell that's a willful mischaracterization of what she did. Ilpholin wasn't just a "vague threat" to "her" Ana, she explicitly told Siana she wasn't going to stop unless Siana killed her, here and now.

So that's what she did.

...The point is, Siana's still not going to solve all of Ana's problems by decapitating anyone who comes close to her. And if she was going to before... she certainly won't now.

As the King In Rags turns to leave, Siana sits up and looks at him as though to say something, but loses her nerve when she sees him properly again. There's no more to say to him anyway. She has a debt now, and he a grudge. That's going to come due someday.

The strigoi gives an involuntary shudder and rubs at her arms. Is it just her, or did it get cold in here all the sudden?
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Knight takes Queen]

"Exit? Oh, of course. I wish I could say it has been a nice evening but recent events have put a damper on things haven't they? So it's time to conclude things here. I had wanted things to end at a more positive note but as things are... you are still able to ask me for a favor at the very least. I might not be able to grant you everything but I hope that I could at least brighten your day somewhat."

She smiles at them as she reaches into a pocket of her dress and takes out a bronze hand bell. "So good morning and farewell. Since as night breaks the bell sounds for a new day..."

And so she sounds the bell and when she does everyone but the King in Rags will suddenly wake up at the foot of the tree which they entered through. The mist that laid over the park is gone and over the horizon they can see the sun rising.
If they would investigate the hole which they "fell through" they will find that it's a empty rabbit warren. No signs of any fey anywhere.

The King in Rags will be able to be anywhere he wants at this point.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Knight Takes Queen]

...Morning?

Did she just say "good morning?"

"Oh fu-"

-

Siana starts awake, finding herself sprawled out under a nice, big, shady tree, just barely seeing a few pale rays of false sunlight peek through the leaves.

"...Oh, thank Absum." The strigoi groans, sitting up and rubbing at her back, once again dressed in her usual swashbuckler-inspired attire. No burning up for her today. But she really should be more careful; she didn't know that arrangement existed in advance, and being that careless could get her killed.

Once the initial adrenaline surge dies down, Siana takes stock of her surroundings and notes the presence of both Anas and Skye. Seeing them there, she starts to wonder about what she remembers happening. Had that all just been a dream? It was... quite peculiar if it was. She's not sure why she'd be dreaming about these two people she hadn't met before tonight. Or why her dream was so vivid. But then, she hasn't slept in a long while, either. Maybe there was something going on there.

That's all that was. Just a bad dream.

A really bad dream.

She should stay with the twins, just to be safe. Maybe she was imagining all of this, and the teen girls didn't really need any sort of protection, but... better safe than sorry. And it's not like she has anything better to do.

Still missing her cane, Siana crawls over to the nearest of the two to see if she's awake. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asks, wincing a bit as soon as the question is out of her mouth. Of course she's okay. The lot of them were just having a nap under the tree, right? Why wouldn't she be okay?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Westside Sunrise]

Stasia comes to as Siana crawls to her side, and the girl yawns and rubs the sleep from her eyes. She blinks, squinting up at the artificial sunrise - and then stares at Siana for a moment, before her eyes widen like saucers. "I- gosh, that- that really happened, didn't it?" she frets, looking down at her dress and then at the park around them. She takes a deep, steadying breath. "I- I think I'll be fine, I just - Oh gods, I need to get home, my mom-"

"Ah!" Stasia startles as Ana yelps, finally waking and realizing with a start just where she is. The girl scrambles back, panicked, pulling her bare feet from the grass as she clambers backwards onto a gnarled root. "No no no, why did it have to be here?!"

"A-Ana- please, I- I know, but - we're safe, it's okay, we just- we need to go." Stasia scrambles over and tries to coax Ana forward. "I-I-I don't have my- um, our phone, if- if mom thinks we're missing -" Stasia doesn't finish the sentence, but the look on her face is one of severe worry.

Ana, meanwhile, seems so much worse. Unlike Stasia, she's only wearing a set of pajamas, oil-black spattered across pink and blue triangle patterns. The notionally-braver fox does her best to control her breathing, nodding and sliding back down - but Siana might notice both of them shiver when Ana's feet touch the ground. Suppressing the spike of anxiety, she turns back to the strigoi. "Siana, do you- do you have your cane? Is there somewhere you can go?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Westside Sunrise]

Ah, waking up with the sun, under the trees, surrounded by the impressions of nature, with-
Not her tree. Not her sun even. Still wearing her uniform. What happened?

Ana yelling and panicking brings it all back as Skye gets to her feet, looking around to assess the park for danger. That wasn't entirely some fey vision they were all caught in, was it? No, if that were the case, there wouldn't be a wooden Ana-head at her feet (which she picks up, shaking her head in amazement).

The yu-seed, the trial, the performance, the murder...it all really happened. What a shame.
"Anas, do you need any help getting home?"

The General's car is standing on the street beside the park, as if this had all been scheduled and planned.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

The second Stasia mentions not having her phone, Siana's is out of her pocket and in her hand, held out to the foxgirls, screen already unlocked and keypad ready to go. "Here." The strigoi offers. "You can at least tell your mom that you're okay."

Whether Stasia accepts the phone or not, the follow-up question of "where's Siana's cane?" becomes the priority shortly thereafter. She pats down the grass around her and doesn't find it there, so she pulls up against the tree and looks around, seeing it laying amidst a tangle of roots a few meters away. "It's there." She says bluntly, pointing. "I can get it myself, don't worry."

Nobody else seems convinced that what happened was just a dream, Siana notes as she crawls forward in the grass. And it probably wasn't "just" a dream, exactly... the fact that they could all talk and interact with each other, and that they all remembered each other's names and such, implied that it was at the very least shared. But... it hadn't been real, had it?

Then Skye holds up the wooden Ana head, and Siana catches sight of the black stain on Ana's pajamas, and a weight drops into her stomach.

Oh, no.

Siana grasps ahold of her cane and shakily pulls it toward herself, laying it across her lap. That's just a coincidence, right? They must have had these things on them before going in and simply forgotten about them. They can't have taken anything from the dream, can they?

There's only one way to be sure.

Siana wraps her fingers around the hilt of her cane-sword and slowly draws out the blade.

Dropping it with a start when she sees the black stain near the base of the blade, exactly where she'd used it to behead Ilpholin.

"...Absum help me..." She whispers, her breath suddenly clinging to her throat.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Westside Sunrise]

Ana nods and accepts the phone, thinking for a moment to remember the number before dialing Kitty's cell. She huddles back onto the root and raises the phone to her ear, swallowing.
"Um - h-hey, mom? I- I might need some help. I- I'm in Moth Park."
"-No. No, it- it wasn't that."
"I'm... I'm scared, but i'm fine, mostly."
"Um, someone was, but, it's - it's hard to explain. A lot of... strange stuff happened. I'll talk to you more when I get home."
"No, it's okay, really - okay, I'll wait."
"Love you, see you soon."

Turning to Skye, Stasia shakes her head, trying to suppress the way her stomach briefly knots when she sees the effigy of her head. "No, um, we can get home on our own. T-thank you, though." The last thing she needed was Skye knowing where she lived. And besides... "I'm... more worried about her, right now."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Westside Sunrise]

There probably aren't a lot of kumiho named Anastasia Bellamy in this city, if someone went looking. But it's never too late to be cautious!

"As you wish. I recommend giving Siana time to adjust to what has happened. Do not make her worry about you further." But she's not going to do anything if they do keep trying to help the strigoi.

Skye nods and turns to walk out of the park.
There is still so much to think about.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Fight or Flight]

Elise grimaces a little when Irena pops in behind his mom. Mom he can sweet talk, Irena is a wildcard. "Uh yeah, you know. It was an accident, but she lives further away, so we wanted to ice it right away."

"And you're playing games because?" Nadia asks expectantly.

"Just like I said, we wanted to wait a bit before she left. I didn't want her to be bored, you know?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

"...I... I think I'll stay with you." Siana says finally, turning back to Ana and Stasia. If the murder of Ilpholin was real, then so were the reasons for doing it. The two may very well still be in danger from Ilpholin or one of her colleagues. She's not going to leave the two of them unprotected. Especially since they're probably even more so targets now, with Ilpholin dead. She's... kind of the reason they'd be in danger now, isn't she?

Wow, yeah, that's a good feeling.

"...If it's all right with you." She adds, her head swarming with ideas of why they might not want her around, even if she's only trying to help. She's... not proven herself to be a competent guardian, has she?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Westside Sunrise]

Stasia nods, a little nervously. "Y-yeah, that's - that's all right with us. I don't think that anything else is gonna happen, but- I mean, I'd feel safer if you were here for now, at least until my mom gets here." She shivers. "She's probably not going to be very happy that you know anything about... um, what's going on with me, though."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

"I won't tell anyone anything." Siana is quick to reassure her, running her finger over her sternum in a gesture similar to crossing her heart. "...And if I did, you'd have worse things you could say about me."

The ultimate source of establishing trust in relationships: mutually-assured backstabbing.

...She can take some comfort that Stasia does feel a bit safer with her around, though. Unless she's just saying that out of fear that Siana might snap or something if she didn't. But then... she's also not trying to run away or anything, which she could very easily do, considering Siana's top speed is "hobble". So she must actually mean that, right?

Siana glances over at Ana, trying to gather her feelings on the subject, before concluding that there's not going to be a ready answer there just now. The poor girl is clearly traumatized, too... contextually speaking, probably something about being in Moth Park.

Siana can sort her own feelings out later. For now, she hobbles over to Ana and offers what she hopes is a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Meowmai wrote: Dec 02, 2022 10:51 pm [Fight or Flight]

"Oh shit." Oops, they had gotten so caught up in the moment she completely forgot they were supposed to be quiet. "Uh, hi. Yeah. I'm Atsede. I uh. I fell." Best not to mention getting into a fight in front of parents, even if they weren't hers. She peels up the icepack to reveal a nasty black eye developing, as proof. See? Definitely a falling injury. Which is why nowhere else is bruised.
[Fight or Flight]

Irena looks skeptical of this claim. Though why look when you can speak?
“Oh yeah? Must be the same stairs I repeatedly fell down when I was in your age.” Not even true as Irena has technically never been in their age. “That or you got into a proper fight kid.” She moves forward, positioning herself next to Nadia with her arms crossed. “So how about you repeat that story again to me. See if you missed any details, huh?” Her gaze has shifted to the Kid as she was sure he was more involved in this than he seemed.

He was always scheming behind her back so she was sure he had gotten involved in all this.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Westside Sunrise]

It takes Kitsuki a little bit to get there. In moments like these she really wishes she had her own vehicle... or knew how to drive. As good as the public transit is in Riverside, sometimes there's a certain urgent need to be direct.

She calms a bit on the ride over, thankfully, so she's not quite sprinting into the park when she finds the... three? She stops in place the moment she recognizes that there's not one, but two Ana's. Ana's never quite seen this look of abject confusion before. "Ana?" She asks questioningly. Maybe she's somehow seeing things?
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Westside Sunrise]

"Mom!"

Stasia brightens and starts to move forward her expression a picture of relief. Just as excited, Ana almost slides down and joins her - but then she hesitates halfway down, still skittish to set foot on the ground. Seeing this, Stasia pauses, and then seems to register the look on her mother's face.

"Um - right. It's - it's still me - um, us now, I guess - I woke up at a fey party, a-a-and there was like, a magic trick, and now I'm two people I guess? I-it's been kinda disorienting." She swallows.

"We probably shouldn't talk about it 'til we get home," Ana adds from her perch. "It's - a lot happened," she explains, looking clearly troubled.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

Siana, for her part, stays silent, not wanting to get between the Anas and their mother. But as the conversation goes on, she does see one way she can help, and that's by getting Ana out of here without touching the ground.

Her solution? A piggyback ride.

...Which tends to work a lot better with two functional legs, but she can make do with her cane if Ana accepts the offer.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Ironsmith wrote: Dec 02, 2022 11:11 am [Northside Graveyard]

"I'd be curious to hear what you think you're doing, if not that." The scruffy man snarks, sliding off the gravestone. "It's all right, though. I can take it from here. Not like she's going anywhere."

Melody lets out a pained moan at the bottom of the hill.

"Definitely not going anywhere." The man shrugs, taking a few steps down. "Thanks for that, by the way. I mean, we could have waited until your friend back there redirected her to the authorities, but that's an annoying argument nobody wants to have. Now we can just skip right on past that and get to the fun part." The man taps his temple. "Work smarter, not harder, am I right?"
Recaiden wrote: Dec 03, 2022 6:34 pm [And Fusago!]

No, they're not too unique to function together. That can be fixed, even while they're still in their own bodies. It just rarely happens. Rarely necessary nor desired.

Once again, they try to show Fusago that the General isn't talking to him. See a web of lines flowing downward, like the roots of a tree. See the General at the end of one of these roots, and at each other, a different person - this one absorbed in paperwork, this one worrying about a battle - so many different minds. Separate, but connected.
See now indicated - the tree above all these roots.

Still, they wish to proceed. As they need to be accepted by the yu-seeds, the yu-seeds also need to prove themselves acceptable to them, isn't it so? They're not all Fusago (that's the point) but maybe the ways the differ are important. Unacceptable.
Reinholdt wrote: Dec 02, 2022 9:58 am [Northside Graveyard]

Fantastic. The last thing Ilpholin needs right now is some rando interfering. That he wasn't there before only suggests the distinctly annoying type. She has half a mind to rip his reality in half. She was so close in getting Melody where she needed to be, until the demon literally threw herself down a hill at the climax.

The old lady turns to the man who speaks, slowly rotating with her cane, before lifting it and pointing it in his general direction with a shaky hand. "Get down from there son! You're disrespecting the dead." And that's rude.
[Northside Graveyard]

Great, so not only did this man know about Ilpholin he also knew about her.
The one bright spot was that he hadn't said her name so her identity would be protected. A selfish desire but maybe also necessary for this plan to not fall through. If Melody knew that Jaahlyn had something to do with her likely-soon-to-come death she wasn't sure if she'd accept her offer to help.
Then again, it would likely be brought up on the trial by the accusers so she would likely have to explain it to Melody/Malady either way...

Either way, she wasn't about to reveal herself just yet. Perhaps if she listened in a bit more she might get some clues to just how much this man/demon knew and more importantly how he knew all this. It was the dog, wasn't it? Had to be. Big black dogs don't just hang around on graveyards unless they're spirits or fey.

[And Fusago!]

Fusago understands now.

They shall talk to the other yu-seeds and they shall communicate together until a decision has been made regarding the offer.
A image is shown of the general, or rather the entity which they are connected to, standing before what must be the yu-seeds. Speaking to them. Making an argument. They might get the impression that they should be ready to argue on their own behalf once the yu-seeds have their "hearing" regarding this. It's unlikely that all of the seeds will accept them but they will only need a majority in this case.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Westside Sunrise]

Kitsuki gets over her initial shock, to a degree. Enough that she closes the distance between her and Stasia, where she puts her hands on Stasia's arms. "Okay- Okay, you can tell me everything once we're home." She looks past Stasia, seeming to recognize the emotion in her duplicate daughter. This was really uncomfortable in a familiar way. She squeezes Stasia's arms and then slips past her.

"I think I can help a bit more easily." She says from behind Siana. She might even interrupt the beginnings of the two trying to figure out some arrangement when Ana starts to float in the air, with barely perceivable wisps beneath her the only sign of what might be lifting her. With the initial lift out of the way, she brings Ana in close to her, the visual effect fading when she puts her arms under Ana, but it doesn't look like Kitsuki's straining at all.

She gives Ana a reassuring smile, but then she turns her full attention on Siana. There's some notable tension and uncertainty about her. "Who are you?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[MERC Office]

"Of course." Blanche jots down Jaahlyn's number when offered and then turns to Anika to guide her through the process. "Here, tap that icon, and...."

"I'd agree, it sounds risky," she adds, looking back over her shoulder. "Even putting aside the optics and our past history in those circumstances, the Cuthun demons are probably our biggest foe right now."

[Westside Sunrise]

A wave of relief washes over Stasia when Kitty places her hands on her shoulders. She takes a deep breath and nods, then steps aside. Ana, meanwhile, inches over and placing a hand on Siana's shoulder before hesitating.

"Um- are you sure- oh!" She straightens up as the air seems to sweep up and carry her, glancing down in brief wonder before looking up in relief. When Kitty pulls her into her arms, she wraps hers around the kitsune's neck and clutches her tightly, burying her face into the woman's shoulder.

"Siana's, um - s-she's a friend. I didn't know her before, but she... protected me," Stasia explains, glancing back at her with a nervous look. "I-I'll tell you, um, I'll tell you everything when we get home, but - s-she said she won't tell anyone about anything."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

Siana looks away from the scene of mother and daughter(s) being reunited, rubbing at her arm nervously. It feels wrong for her to be here; this is Ana's moment, not hers, and her contributions to making this happen were... negligible at best, and ultimately counterproductive at worst.

Stasia's insistence that she had, in fact, protected her, only serves to alleviate her doubts a little.

The strigoi hesitantly raises her hand and gives a little wave, along with a vague turning up of the lips that might have been a stillborn attempt at a smile. Even as awful as she feels right now, manners dictate she try to make a decent first impression.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Dec 03, 2022 7:44 pm [MERC Office]

"We don't judge people by what they're 'made' of, or born to." Wenomir's tone rises slightly. It's a topic of importance to him. "We judge them by their actions. The demons' actions show them as monsters, not their nature. But it's true that the King in Rags is the more active threat now. At least we can be sure they won't work together. I'd suggest pitting them against each other but those schemes have a way of blowing up in your face."
Arkhosia wrote: Dec 07, 2022 5:08 am [MERC Office]

"Of course." Blanche jots down Jaahlyn's number when offered and then turns to Anika to guide her through the process. "Here, tap that icon, and...."

"I'd agree, it sounds risky," she adds, looking back over her shoulder. "Even putting aside the optics and our past history in those circumstances, the Cuthun demons are probably our biggest foe right now."
[MERC Office]

"Thanks dude!" Anika beams as Blanche helps her out.

Jaahlyn eyebrows raise when Wenomir mentions 'pitting them against each other'. That was certainly an idea.
"There was one thing..." She suddenly remarks.
"Almost forgot to mention it, but there are beings that in my world are known as 'angels' here in the nexus and they're chasing those 'Cuthun demons'. It might be worth trying to reach out to them."
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[MERC Office]

Wenomir shrugs. He doesn't look as enthusiastic about the idea as Jaahlyn perhaps expected.

"It might, but I'm wary of anyone calling themselves 'angels'. It's a short step to gods from there and I don't trust gods as a matter of principle. We can investigate. For now, I think that's all?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Westside Sunrise]

Kitsuki's head whips toward Stasia, a look of deep alarm on her face. What does she know? She looks back at Siana, and she can't completely disguise this emotion. "I should thank you, then. But do you have somewhere to go yourself?" Siana is just a girl after all. Despite the situation, Kitsuki can't help but show some concern.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

"...Well, I..."

Siana stops, suddenly realizing that she actually, really didn't. She hadn't been thinking about it at the party; there were too many other things happening. But she just lost access to MERC's barracks, and while Jaahlyn has certainly been helpful in making other arrangements, said arrangements weren't in Riverside and she wouldn't be able to reach them in broad daylight.

"...No, ma'am." She says finally, wringing her hands along the head of her cane.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Gullara wrote: Dec 05, 2022 1:58 am [Fight or Flight]

Elise grimaces a little when Irena pops in behind his mom. Mom he can sweet talk, Irena is a wildcard. "Uh yeah, you know. It was an accident, but she lives further away, so we wanted to ice it right away."

"And you're playing games because?" Nadia asks expectantly.

"Just like I said, we wanted to wait a bit before she left. I didn't want her to be bored, you know?"
Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 06, 2022 12:54 am [Fight or Flight]

Irena looks skeptical of this claim. Though why look when you can speak?
“Oh yeah? Must be the same stairs I repeatedly fell down when I was in your age.” Not even true as Irena has technically never been in their age. “That or you got into a proper fight kid.” She moves forward, positioning herself next to Nadia with her arms crossed. “So how about you repeat that story again to me. See if you missed any details, huh?” Her gaze has shifted to the Kid as she was sure he was more involved in this than he seemed.

He was always scheming behind her back so she was sure he had gotten involved in all this.
[Fight or Flight]

"Yeah well look, I didn't fucking start it alright? You shoulda heard the shit they were saying anyways!" She stops and blinks for a moment. Okay, maybe a little hard on that response. But the cats out of the bag now. Maybe try to explain it? "Okay yeah so, I got into a fight. Eliseo pulled me out of it before it could really kick off. Shouldn't have. What does it matter?" She scowled.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[MERC Office]

"I dunno," Blanche comments, "I'm sure we could work with them if they seem reasonable enough. Besides, it's not like we don't have paladins on our staff already. They might even know how best to contact or handle people like that." Pausing, she looks between everyone present. But yes, I think we're done here. Thank you both for being willing to speak with us today, especially on such short notice. I imagine we'll keep in touch."

[Westside Sunrise]

Stasia pales when Kitsuki whirls on her. Oh gods, she knew she'd be angry when she said that! And what's she gonna say if she learns that she told Siana about her nature in the first place? She's gonna be so disappointed in her! Oh, why did she ever even - no, stop, she can't spiral now. Not again, when someone's in way bigger trouble than her right now!

"Oh gosh," Stasia's eyes widen. "Mom, we -" She bites her lip, glancing up at the warming sky. "Siana, are you one of the types that can't - um, we live in Eastside, would you be safe if we found you a cloak or an umbrella or something?" They don't exactly have any right now, but maybe a place in Westside will sell them - or, failing that, there'll be something to jury-rig or steal.

"We don't have much space," Ana points out unhelpfully, eyes a little red as she tilts her face up from Kitty's shoulder. Had she been crying? "Still, um, I really don't want to leave you out here on the streets. If you want to take a nap on the couch or something, we can try and keep the other kids off of you."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Office]

"They're not serving any gods as far as I'm aware if that helps." Jaahlyn comments but she wouldn't argue her heart out to defend angels. "But yes, looks like we're done here then." She gives Wenomir and Blanche a respectful nod. "It was a pleasure talking to you."

"Cool, see? Told you it would be useful going here." Anika remarks as she looks to her comrades.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Westside Sunrise]

"I... um... I don't really sleep." Siana starts to protest, before quickly deciding that wasn't really the point. She could still use the rest from a mental standpoint, even if it'd be physically useless. And then there's the small matter of staying near Ana and Stasia in the first place; being invited into their home would make that considerably easier. Besides, they're offering her hospitality. It'd be rude to refuse.

"...I... wouldn't mind a nap, though." She continues, changing tack. "I can be in the sun for a little while. I just get really hungry afterwards." Realizing that probably doesn't help her situation much, she fumbles around for a moment amd finds her bag back, opening it up to reveal a few half-empty jars of various arthopods. "...And I have snacks with me." She amends. "It wouldn't be a problem."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,