Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Murkus »

Most of what Lapis says goes way over Lucy's head. She likes how it sounds, though. And she laughs when it's Anika's turn to talk about the 'special drink'. "What... what does that even mean? That's a good thing?" Bitchin', huh? She's heard bitching and bitches and the like in other contexts... mostly how you'd expect, or sometimes as a kind of weird compliment, like Anika used. But then only rarely. What media Lucy consumes is mostly pretty well monitored for this sort of thing.

"Uh. It's..." Lucy thinks hard for a second. What's the one Dad gets when he can't sleep, or he's up for work early? "An espresso," she snaps her little fingers.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Rebonack »

That's important, sometimes.

Even if you don't understand something you can still appreciate that the sentiment is beautiful.

Lapis WANTS to say more about words and beauty and ugliness but-! Maybe it's a better idea to focus on better things. Like fun Thanksmas drinks! And yet Anika is still going to keep trying. So Lapis does something else. She gives Anika a very cute, pleading look. "Anikia, please stop saying swears. It makes me sad."

BAM!

Emotional manipulation!

You don't want to make Lapis sad, do you Anika?

Could you really be that heartless?

But more important!

Thanksmas drinks!

"Yeah! An espresso!" Lapis exclaims before turning toward the HUGE dragon girl! "Miss Sally could we have some Thanksmas Espressos please?"

How did Lapis know her name, anyway?
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Damn it, Lapis. You can't be this afraid of swears!
They were just words, not spells. Wasn't it worse to use words that summoned swords and stuff? Those words did actual dangerous things unlike swears. Shouldn't parents be more weary of those? Yet Zee seemed have no trouble teaching her kids the dangerous stuff. Hmph.

Well, whatever. She wasn't going keep going with this argument.

"Ex-presso?" Anika repeats thoughtfully. "Never heard of it, Lucy. But-" Yes, Lapis took the words out of her mouth it was best to ask the-

-dragon?!

No, that wasn't a dragon at all!
That was one of them half-dragons Wenomir had mentioned. Or at least she assumed it was. Dragon-related at least.
Or was that just a guise for her true form? Dragons could be tricky like that. She supposed that that even like this Sally was pretty big. Not to mention that she had a pair of rather impressive t- HEARTS.

"-yeah, let's ask this nice lady about it." She assures the kid while gesturing at Sally.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Lucy blinks, finally noticing Sally after her friends point her out. And then she looks alllll the way up at her. "Oh my goodness! You're huge!" She exclaims, with that 'adorable' childlike lack of tact. She beams at the dragon, though. "You're bigger than my dad and Anika both! And you're so pretty!" And just like that, Lucy has a new grown up goal. Eight feet tall. And pretty. Yes.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Brinika takes a sip of her chocolate appreciatively.

"Mmm, this is good, thanks. We should make room for others who want some, I think. Should we go say hello to Khannie and her dad?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"Who is she?" Mary finally asks once Libidine leaves. "A monster, the kind who tortures people for fun," Sekhmet replies, "Be careful. Last time I spoke with her, she killed and ate one of her servants in front of me just to make a roundabout threat." Mary looks, understandably, appalled. "Maybe if we're kind to her, she'll understand, but..." It's dangerous to let your guard down around her. Speaking of which, she's back now, so this conversation has to stop.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Meanwhile, Libidine's mood seems to have improved considerably in the few minutes she was gone. When she comes back, dressed up in the green-and-white dress Sekhmet gave her and giving a little twirl just before she sits, humming a vaguely familiar tune. "Oh, good, you're still here." She grins, theatrically taking her seat at the table, crossing her legs with a showy little kick. "...Mary, dear, close your mouth, we are not a codfish." She lightly admonishes the teenager, before looking back up at Sekhmet. "So, how are things in the Scorching Depths? Beatrice behaving herself? Not giving you too much trouble?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

Mee wrote: Dec 02, 2022 4:34 am
"Certainly! What flavor of milk would you lik- OH MY GOSH TINY BEANS" Sally beams at the li'l babies. "I LOVE THEM THEY ARE PERFECT."
Up close, Sally can see that the twins have blue hair and adorable lil blue cat ears. Somewhat less cute, they both have black lines curving across their cheeks and down their necks, like some sort of tattoo. Or as if they drew on each other with sharpies. "Yes! My perfect babies~ This one is Purriel and that one is-" She stops, pointer finger hovering uncertainly. "No... wait... Okay this one is Purriel and that one is Meowphistopheles. You can tell because the birthmark curves from right to left on Purriel and the mirror opposite on Meowphistopheles."
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

So, Lucy receives her desired drink from Sally and scurries off to sit at a table, probably expecting her friends to follow along. "Did you two get expressos too?" Lucy will ask Anika and Lapis. She glances down at the swirling concoction, dusted with red and white sprinkles, wafting steam in the girl's direction. It looks pretty darn good... basically like coco. But when she tries it...

"Bleh! This is horrible! It..." She looks around for a moment, narrowing her eyes, then glancing at Anika. Then, with a puff of resolve, she decides to dare saying, "It really sucks!"

Then she takes another swig.

"Bleh!"

And another.

"Well, it's alright..."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Yeah I got one too!" Lapis says as she joins her friend at the table. "I asked for marshmallows in mine since marshmallows are the best I love them!"

Lapis is of the opinion that there are very few things that can't be improved with the addition of a few tiny marshmallows.

She closes her eyes and takes a deeeeep breath in through her nose.

"It smells so nice! It's such a nice, warm sort of smell I love it!" she says, lifting the cup toward her mouth just as Lucy makes her dire proclamation! Lapis gives a little gasp! "But it smells so good how could it taste bad?"

Things shouldn't smell wonderful and taste awful!

That shouldn't be allowed!

While Lucy's words and expression tell a tale of betrayal Lapis isn't sure she believes it. How could it be that something so many people like and that smells so pretty taste bad? She'll just have to try it herself!

Lapis takes a BIG gulp and-!

Wrinkles her nose in utter revulsion.

"It tastes bitter," Lapis laments. "The melty marshmallows helped a little," she adds in a sullen tone, watching the marshmallows floating around forlornly. "I think hot coco is better."

She'll finish her mug of the stuff, but she won't like it. This is definitely going on the list of things Lapis doesn't love. It ranks just below 'eating a fuzzy caterpillar'.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Anika peers at the drinks the girls are pouring down and realizes that she recognized that scent...
"Wait, is that coffee? Yikes, you girls came all the way here to drink coffee?" The druid sticks out her tongue in disgust. "I've tried it and no, sir. Not my thing. Like Lapis said, tastes waaaaay too bitter. I'm more into the sweet stuff. I'll take hot chocolate over coffee any day. Plus, it makes you all weird too."

She pauses.

"So... why did you want to try it out anyway?" She still had Lapis gift in her hands but she didn't want to open it just yet. Wasn't you supposed to open them at midwinter or whatever they called it here?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 01, 2022 5:00 am "Then let's do it! One Thanksmas spent together," Khannie retorts, not mentioning that she stayed at home last Thanksmas but ssshhhh. Then she gives him a rather impish smile. "You wanna try one of the chocolate covered peppers?"

The tray is brandished at Jace.

Khannie is pretty sure she already knows what the answer to that question is.

"It doesn't have to be about me," Khannie replies, her smile faltering a little bit. "I think... maybe too much stuff has been about me lately. All that wish stuff was dumb and selfish. I'm sorry I put you through all that."

She really, truly is.

But hey!

That has passed.

What would JACE like to do this Thanksmas?
"I'm...good." Jace doesn't do spicy food. Sweet and salty is more his dessert combination of choice.
"Well, we should really get back to your music lessons. I wonder if this place has a piano?" Sally probably wouldn't mind if he took a turn.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

IS there a piano?

That sure is a question.

If Khannie had to guess she would say no because modern looking cafes usually don't have pianos. Or at least none of the ones Khannie has ever been in had one. Can you imagine walking into a Starluck's and they've just got a piano set up for some reason?

Regardless of the answer to that question Khannie is giving a drawn out "Uuuuugh..." in reply.

"Pleeeease don't sing, dad. If I weren't already a ghost I would probably die," she laments.

You don't want to make your daughter double-dead, do you Jace?

How could you be so cruel.

Though...

The talk of singing may very well peak Brinika's interest. She's got a pretty great singing voice.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Dec 02, 2022 4:34 am
"Hi hi hello! Merry Thanksmas! Welcome, can I get you something warm to drink? I know it's a bit chilly outside."
Talah looks up from her phone and smiles back.
"Thanks! Ummm...." she looks around for the menu, trying to find something she'd like. Definitely something sweet...."Just hot chocolate, please."

She smiles again, and waits someplace out of the way.

But once she gets the drink, she finds a table to sit at, as she tries to hype herself up into finding somebody to talk to.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"Things are going quite well," Sekhmet distinctly remembers Libidine threatening to conquer the Depths, so she's not too inclined to provide detailed information. "Beatrice is well, no thanks to you." Truth be told, it hasn't been that long. The rescued succubus is undoubtedly still a wreck, but hopefully less of one. It will no doubt take a long time to undo the tortures she suffered in the abyss.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Entirely thanks to me." Libidine corrects, flashing the demon queen a snaggle-toothed smile. "If I hadn't taken an interest in her, she'd be mulch by now. See, the thing is, Seksy... you mind if I call you that?" She doesn't wait for an answer. "The thing is, while everything in the Abyss is ours, collectively, we Devils have much more leeway with what we can do with what marks itself as our private property. When little Beatrice sold her soul to me, I was able to make sure she didn't become food for anyone or anything else... and as I wasn't going to eat her, she was as safe as anything can be down there."

Her expression hardens and she punctuates the statement with a gulp of cold coffee. "In summary, I saved her. So much as I could, at any rate. And it should tell you more than you'd ever want to know about the Abyss that such is a kindness." A series of hairline cracks appear in her cup, concentrated around her fingers and spiderwebbing out, from where she's gripping the cup just a bit too hard.

"...You don't have to worry about returning her." The deviless continues, scratching under her eye. "I know what I said before, but we Devils have a reputation to uphold. I'm sure both she and the others in your care are much happier with you than they ever were with me. But if I didn't make an attempt at getting them back, my siblings would be all over my a-" She stops and looks at Mary. "...All over me." She amends. "Greed especially. She can be downright nasty if she thinks anything she has a claim to is being given away."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheasadh grins at the pink snow falling around her, thanks to the staff she's brought with her. "I know how to get her attention, though I think perhaps not too much of this right now? Sally's going to have to clear it up after. And people won't like it getting in their drinks." The last bit is directed to said staff, about the snow, but for now she's going to roll some up into a ball and throws it at Khannie.

If the pink snowball lands, the ghostfox should be able to figure out where it came from as Cheasadh will look innocent and point at Brinika... though the indoor snowfall is centred upon Cheasadh and it's next to her where the bar has been scraped clear to make the attack orb.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 02, 2022 6:53 pm "-yeah, let's ask this nice lady about it." She assures the kid while gesturing at Sally.
"Hi hi hello!" Sally looks over at them all, and smiles happy. This is lovely, having so many guests! "Yeah of course! I would be happy to help if I can! What can I do for you all?" She asks, before proceeding to take orders, fill mugs, and get drinks for everybody with an air of excitable happiness.
Murkus wrote: Dec 02, 2022 7:15 pm Lucy blinks, finally noticing Sally after her friends point her out. And then she looks alllll the way up at her. "Oh my goodness! You're huge!" She exclaims, with that 'adorable' childlike lack of tact. She beams at the dragon, though. "You're bigger than my dad and Anika both! And you're so pretty!" And just like that, Lucy has a new grown up goal. Eight feet tall. And pretty. Yes.
"Hi! You're so smoll! You're so cute! Well thank you!! I sure didn't mean to be this tall, you know!? Life I guess just sometimes happens," and sometimes meddling goddesses lean onto the dials and scales of fate directly, and, sometimes, they are the ones that happen, "but thank you so much, you're such a sweetie! What can I get for you? What would you like?"
FireFox wrote: Dec 04, 2022 6:16 pm Up close, Sally can see that the twins have blue hair and adorable lil blue cat ears. Somewhat less cute, they both have black lines curving across their cheeks and down their necks, like some sort of tattoo. Or as if they drew on each other with sharpies. "Yes! My perfect babies~ This one is Purriel and that one is-" She stops, pointer finger hovering uncertainly. "No... wait... Okay this one is Purriel and that one is Meowphistopheles. You can tell because the birthmark curves from right to left on Purriel and the mirror opposite on Meowphistopheles."
"Ooooohhhhhh!" Sally blinks a few times, before lightly and gently -- after double checking it's okay -- lowering one hand to go let one of them, Sally has already forgotten, touch her finger. Or maybe just boop them gently if they're too young for that.
". . . I have already forgotten who is who but they're very cute!"
Murkus wrote: Dec 04, 2022 9:54 pm So, Lucy receives her desired drink from Sally and scurries off to sit at a table, probably expecting her friends to follow along. "Did you two get expressos too?" Lucy will ask Anika and Lapis. She glances down at the swirling concoction, dusted with red and white sprinkles, wafting steam in the girl's direction. It looks pretty darn good... basically like coco. But when she tries it...
Buttering Sally up seems to be the method to Strong Espressos with Sprinkles. Though Sally would be sad if she saw how much it was 'not good'. She'll have to add more chocolate and sugar next time! She takes pride in making her drinks to her customer's likings! She'll do better next time promise!
Keeper wrote: Dec 05, 2022 3:42 am "I'm...good." Jace doesn't do spicy food. Sweet and salty is more his dessert combination of choice.
"Well, we should really get back to your music lessons. I wonder if this place has a piano?" Sally probably wouldn't mind if he took a turn.
Sally did apparently set up a bit of a keyboard at least! Probably couldn't afford a full Piano, but it's near the large Thanksmas tree near the fireplace! Almost as if encouraging folks to have some dramatic tunes and call the young ones to 'gather 'round, hear the tale of how detective meekachu saved chrimmus' or something.
Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 05, 2022 5:24 am Talah looks up from her phone and smiles back.
"Thanks! Ummm...." she looks around for the menu, trying to find something she'd like. Definitely something sweet...."Just hot chocolate, please."

She smiles again, and waits someplace out of the way.

But once she gets the drink, she finds a table to sit at, as she tries to hype herself up into finding somebody to talk to.
"Hello hello! Of course!" Sally would make sure to find out what type of milk she'd like though first! Normal, coconut, almond, before waving Talah back over to pick up her drink.
She watches for a bit.
And frowns slightly.
Well that's not right. Nobody should be siting alone on thanksmas!
And . . . well. She knows someone else . . . She leans slightly to the left to peek at the door behind her, where that cute li'l cowgirl had come from earlier.

. . . And she waves Talah back over, trying to get her attention.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mary looks like she's about to protest, then closes her mouth.
Sekhmet grimaces at "Seksy." "I do mind." Why does everyone want to call her that? Even before she started looking like a succubus, people were calling her that. "Forgive me if I find it hard to believe you had good intentions," she replies. She can't get that poor woman's pleading for help, and then her scream as she was liquefied, out of her mind. Not while Libidine is right there trying to be friendly. Even if it's all for show, what sort of callous monster could do that to people just to keep up appearances? Sekhmet doesn't believe for an instant that Libidine would really just let her keep the liberated demons without a fight. She's sure this is some extended attempt at deception. It would take extraordinary circumstances to convince her otherwise.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"And why not? There's a fantastic saying about the road to our respective domains being paved with them." Libidine replies with a dismissive little wave. "...But I hear you. It must be hard to believe, looking at me now and what a through-and-through monster I seem to be and hearing that somewhere, under that cold, Abyss-hardened exterior, there's a heart, somewhere." She rests her chin on her hands and gives Sekhmet a wistful smile. "...Heh. I'm sure it'd be even harder to believe that I used to actually be sweet, back when I was your age." Her eyes flick over to Mary, indicating she's talking about her and not the demon queen. "But then time took its toll, and I ended up seeing the same sad story over and over and over again. Humans abusing the gift I gave them and just generally being awful. Me oh my, do you have any idea how frustrating that gets? Thousands of years of excuses, jealousy, affairs, and idiocy?" She sighs and shakes her head. "It's why I keep coming out for Thanksmas. This is the one time of year where, somehow, it all feels real, you know? Not everywhere, obviously, but... some places."

"...Side note." She continues, looking back up at Sekhmet. "She wasn't real. The, ah... the woman you keep thinking about. You... you do know that, right?" She runs a nail under her chin and frowns. "I mean, I know I probably made her look pretty convincing, but... you don't believe me, do you? Of course not, why would you?" She baps her forehead and folds her hands again. "...All right, then. You need more persuasion. One more gift for both of you. When I get back to the Abyss, I'll issue a pair of edicts, one from each of you. If you really think I'm just being a b- a witch out of a sense of malice, give me a chance to be better than that. Please?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie is about to give her dad a hug and plead against the torment of him singing in front of her friends but then something terrible happens.

Pink snowball!

Right in the ear!

Now, normally Khannie can endure a hit or two without her disguise coming apart. It's made of sterner stuff than that. But for her to make it endure she really needs to know the attack is coming. When she gets totally blindsided it is WAY harder for her to hang onto the magical concentration keeping the shadow illusion coherent.

So when that snowball smacks her?

The zoroark gives a yelp of surprise as her human disguise collapses. Just pops like a soap bubble.

With a growl she whirls around, rubbing the snow out of her fur, her eyes darting back and forth between her friends. Blindsiding her with a pink snowball is totally the sort of thing Cheasadh would do. But Khannie ALSO knows that Brinika knows that and her friend might be playing some 4D chess here.

So Khannie makes a snap decision.

<Oh you're gunna get it now,> comes some zoroark animal noises as she focuses her magic and conjures up an illusion of a snowball that's just as cold as the real thing and whips it at Brinika.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Dec 06, 2022 6:31 am "Hello hello! Of course!" Sally would make sure to find out what type of milk she'd like though first! Normal, coconut, almond, before waving Talah back over to pick up her drink.
She watches for a bit.
And frowns slightly.
Well that's not right. Nobody should be siting alone on thanksmas!
And . . . well. She knows someone else . . . She leans slightly to the left to peek at the door behind her, where that cute li'l cowgirl had come from earlier.

. . . And she waves Talah back over, trying to get her attention.
Of course, Talah almost immediately asks for coconut milk because coconuts are awesome.
But, then again, she reconsiders because she's never had coconut milk with hot chocolate so she's not even sure it would even go together. And, besides, most places that have coconut milk, it tastes really old and stale. So...
Luckily, after only a little deliberation, Talah asks how it tastes with the coconut milk before ultimately asking if it'd be okay to have a mix of both cow and coconut milks, or if that would cause too much of a problem.

She notices Sally waving her back over pretty much immediately, but it takes her a couple moments to realize that Sally was waving her over. She gets up and walks back: "Um, hi? Did...did I forget something?" Talah asks, preparing to have forgotten something significant enough that she'll be embarrassed for it. Oh, please don't tell her that her hair's a mess or her strap's showing or her jacket is coming untied or something, that would be pretty embarrassing after she spent so much time checking her reflection.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Ack!" Brinika's used to Khannie's illusions, but a snowball suddenly coming at you still triggers some reflexes. Brinika tries to dodge, but also doesn't want to spill her cocoa, so she ends up taking the illusory snowball square in the face.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Sally would probably be pleased to see that Lucy's initial impression isn't really holding up. She keeps taking consecutively bigger sips of her chocolatey, Thanksmas-y coffee drink.

The little girl looks between Anika and Lapis. "You should just go get some coco, Lapis! I can drink yours. It's alright," Lucy decides. And sips.

"Dad says it's good to try new things," Lucy declares. And sips. "If everything was sweet all the time, he says, then it would all taste the same. And then nothing would be sweet." Lucy isn't fully certain she understands the logic of this yet, but it sure sounds wise. And on the other hand, Mom would just ask for chocolate milk wherever they went, so...

When asked why she wanted it in the first place, Lucy raises her eyebrows. "Dad says it gives you super speed." She sips. Oh, it's half gone already... "What do you mean, 'weird'?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Lapis' expression brightens considerably at Lucy's selfless offer. "I was worried Miss Sally would be sad if I just threw it away you're a brave and wonderful friend Lucy I love you so much!"

It should probably be remembered that Lapis loves basically everyone and everything so much. That's just how the little seraph operates. Smiling wide, she scoots her drink over to Lucy who has graciously decided to finish it for her.

"I just wanted to try some because Lucy did," Lapis admits to Anika. "But we didn't just come for coffee we came for Thanksmas because it's the most beautiful and happiest and most wonderful time of the year! Lucy said we needed to hurry over because everyone else was getting ready to go really slow and we were ready already!"

Simple!

Lapis hops down from her chair and heads over to the dragon girl proprietor. "Miss Sally can I have a hot chocolate instead Lucy liked the espresso more than I did so I gave mine to her but now I haven't got a Thanksmas drink please don't be sad you did a really good job on the espresso I didn't know how espresso would taste and it was a little bit not my favorite so if it's okay if I could have a hot chocolate instead I would love that so much."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Anika starts counting on her fingers as she addresses Lucy. "Like, I couldn't sit still at all. I climbed trees, ran around, wrestled Mufaso-" The druid pauses. "-that's one of our sabers by the way. Then I recall wanting to swim and oh boy, that water was way too cold. All in all, not pleasant." She shakes her head before turning to Lapis.

"Oh, speaking of the happiest time of the year. You girls made me forget that I also have a present." Anika shrugs. "But it's at home as I thought you weren't supposed to give them until midwinters eve. So unless I fly back to get it you'll have to wait for it, Lapis." Oh no, not waiting!

The worst thing!
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 06, 2022 7:58 pm Of course, Talah almost immediately asks for coconut milk because coconuts are awesome.
But, then again, she reconsiders because she's never had coconut milk with hot chocolate so she's not even sure it would even go together. And, besides, most places that have coconut milk, it tastes really old and stale. So...
Luckily, after only a little deliberation, Talah asks how it tastes with the coconut milk before ultimately asking if it'd be okay to have a mix of both cow and coconut milks, or if that would cause too much of a problem.

She notices Sally waving her back over pretty much immediately, but it takes her a couple moments to realize that Sally was waving her over. She gets up and walks back: "Um, hi? Did...did I forget something?" Talah asks, preparing to have forgotten something significant enough that she'll be embarrassed for it. Oh, please don't tell her that her hair's a mess or her strap's showing or her jacket is coming untied or something, that would be pretty embarrassing after she spent so much time checking her reflection.
Sally assures her coconut milk is the way to go! Coconut Milk Cocoa, Mee herself will add, is genuinely quite good. It's more heady and thicker than normal cocoa, but it's very rich, and quite tasty, in her and Sally's opinions.
But also that yeah! It would be perfectly okay to have a mix of both! "In fact, I'll do you one better, I'll make you two half-mugs and give you a normal sized mixing mug. You can try the coconut milk cocoa standalone, and if you want to blend it, you've got the tools to do so! And if you prefer one over the other, you can get your mix just right.
Not a problem at all~ It's Thanksmas! I'm happy to try to do what I can to make for a better day for you all!"
Another happy, beaming smile before she sets about making her drinks.

"Oh no no not at all! I was just watching the crowd, and was noticing that . . . are you . . . waiting for anybody? I don't mean to pry, just saw you seated alone and wanted to check, just because if you aren't waiting for anybody, I- Uh-" Sally only now begins to actually think through what she's saying. And feels she may have put her foot in her mouth a bit. She shouldn't be assuming folks may be lonely! Or shy! They probably have friends and are just waiting! "I-. . ." She sighs slightly. "Sorry. I just have . . . A friend of my daughter's working with me in the back, trying to just stay away from the noise out here, and is very very very shy. If you just wanted someone to talk to, maybe a bit away from the noise.
But I'm definitely making assumptions I shouldn't be."
She genuinely means well though!She's trying so so hard!
Rebonack wrote: Dec 07, 2022 1:37 am Simple!

Lapis hops down from her chair and heads over to the dragon girl proprietor. "Miss Sally can I have a hot chocolate instead Lucy liked the espresso more than I did so I gave mine to her but now I haven't got a Thanksmas drink please don't be sad you did a really good job on the espresso I didn't know how espresso would taste and it was a little bit not my favorite so if it's okay if I could have a hot chocolate instead I would love that so much."
Sally . . . blinks. Several times.
That was a lot to have just dumped in one breath. Nice!
"W-well thank you! I'm glad to hear I did all right! And of course! Not everything will be to everybody's taste. I'll get you some hot chocolate going right now!" The usual 'what type of milk?' question, as she got it started, and quickly a new mug of hot chocolate was slid across to Lapis!
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

This new year is going to be different, Magtok tells himself. This clone is going to be different. We are not going to be beholden to our past limitations anymore. Old weaknesses, past insecurities, they won't be allowed to hold us back. We will be strong, brave, incredible, invincible. Yes, the name Magtok is going to mean something on this godsforsaken world, just like it did in days of old.
Morty wrote: Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pmAs per another Thanksmas tradition, Dipsnig's wolf pack is also there. The floofy wolves in all sizes and ages wander the Garnet, available for petting and cuddling purposes.
And it all starts with Magtok's cynophobia. Right now any halfwit with a Doberman could terrify our cyborg, intimidate him into helplessness with a German Shepherd, or spook us into a mute, panic-stricken stupor with a pit bull. It's a serious problem. Dipsnig and his wolfpack have too much power over Magtok's psyche, and he casually flaunts it every year with his big spooky wolf monsters every Thanksmas.

That all changes today. Magtok strides into the cafe with his head held high and all the false bravado he can muster. All he has to do is find a wolf and pet it. Conquer his fear through direct confrontation with the thing. That should be easy, right? Just walk forward, pick one of the smaller wolves, and give it a few pats. Simple. Children manage to do the same thing every year without issue, why not us?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheasadh's eyes widen and she nearly bursts out laughing at how her plot to deflect blame has worked, and Khannie's thrown an illusion at Brinika. Although the fact Khannie was wearing an illusion which broke as a result does make her feel bad about it; if she'd registered the zoroark where Khannie was before pointing at Brinika, she'd not have done it. She'd noticed a change in the smell of her friend, but hadn't pried or considered it deeply.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Magtok wrote: Dec 08, 2022 8:22 am This new year is going to be different, Magtok tells himself. This clone is going to be different. We are not going to be beholden to our past limitations anymore. Old weaknesses, past insecurities, they won't be allowed to hold us back. We will be strong, brave, incredible, invincible. Yes, the name Magtok is going to mean something on this godsforsaken world, just like it did in days of old.

And it all starts with Magtok's cynophobia. Right now any halfwit with a Doberman could terrify our cyborg, intimidate him into helplessness with a German Shepherd, or spook us into a mute, panic-stricken stupor with a pit bull. It's a serious problem. Dipsnig and his wolfpack have too much power over Magtok's psyche, and he casually flaunts it every year with his big spooky wolf monsters every Thanksmas.

That all changes today. Magtok strides into the cafe with his head held high and all the false bravado he can muster. All he has to do is find a wolf and pet it. Conquer his fear through direct confrontation with the thing. That should be easy, right? Just walk forward, pick one of the smaller wolves, and give it a few pats. Simple. Children manage to do the same thing every year without issue, why not us?
Magtok will find himself nearing a young wolf, which is no longer a cub but hasn't quite grown into her full size. She looks at him with bright blue eyes, sniffing the air gently and inclining her head towards him.

Meanwhile, two more people arrive at the celebration. One is a man who looks a lot like Santa Claus without any costume - large and bearded. The other is GLoG's hard-working therapist, Sophie, considerably less attention-grabbing.