Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

"Huh," Khannie grunts, staring at the sword for a time. "I don't think I really need something like that."

By and large teen girls don't need swords of not-getting-killed. Just generally speaking.

"Dunno about losing fingers, either. I like my fingers; really attached to them," she continues, cracking half a smile. "Get it, that's-"

Then the old lady comments about the more human thing and Khannie recoils slightly. How the heck was she able to tell? Geeze, that's annoying. She schools her expression and does her best to hide her surprise. Though maybe there's not much of a point there, after all there IS something that's bothering her.

"Okay yeah fine you got me,"
Khannie huffs. "I've been bugging people all day at the market here trying to find something to make this dumb fox smell go away. It's gross. And it drives my room-mate crazy. I've tried shampoo and perfume but NOTHING seems to work. But I dunno maybe that's too mundane for you compared to, like, anti-death swords."

Hopefully this isn't a dumb idea.

Hopefully this old lady can just offer better shampoo or whatever.

If she starts offering stupid crazy magic stuff Khannie is just gunna walk.

Tags:
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Cantata leans in to press her own head against Fettina's, mirroring the gesture and closing her eyes. She smiles too, though she turns and raises her eyebrows after a moment. "Really?" She titters. "It makes it easier, but it doesn't mean I know just what to say. Doesn't mean I can't figure out my own ways to get along with Kirk, though," she teases with a wink.

A moment or so after, she looks over to Thariza. "What's your story?" She signs. "Are you Ambrosia's partner?" She tilts her head, regarding the woman curiously. It didn't seem to be the case, but it was hard to tell.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

"Nothing will work. Your search for a substance to do what you want is in vain; the only ways to stop the smell would have physical impacts upon your body- either removal of the glands producing it, or something to alter the smell produced. I can help, however. I can take your smell forever. Nobody would be able to smell you, nor your traces. You would no longer smell of fox, or human, or shampoo. Or I could change the smell, so instead of fox you smelt as strongly of something else- oranges, perhaps, or lavender. You are using it now, to mask the smell to limited effect." The old woman hasn't outright stated what she's offering is magic, but... what has been put on the table certainly seem like magical abilities.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

"I dunno about NO smell that sounds like a bad idea," Khannie retorts, unconsciously glancing back at where her tails would be if she wasn't disguised. "Also that's obviously magic that would change me. And I'm not doing that sorta stuff anymore."

She's not making any stupid mistakes like that.

Especially not with random magical beings, weird old ladies, and deal-peddlers.

ESPECIALLY not with magical deal-peddlers.

"There's gotta be SOMETHING that'll work. If there's stuff that can cover up human smell then there's gotta be something to cover up fox-musk, too. And if you haven't got what I'm looking for then I'll just keep looking. I don't want parts of me removed; even the parts I don't like."

Because she has learned that way leads to problems.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

"But think, who can follow your trail if there's no smell associated? All you need do is disguise other masks of your passing. Humans are nose blind, compared to foxes. So humans do not generate stink like foxes do. You wish to cover up fox musk? Try durian, mercaptan, oil of scallatine, and as much aniseed as you can get." Most of which smell worse than foxes, to many noses... And Khannie's nose is also likely to be quite sensitive as well.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

"I'm not really worried about people following my scent. That doesn't really happen and it would be weird if it did but I would just tell em to bug off," Khannie retorts, looking defiant at the thought of someone trying to trail her.

"I know humans aren't great at smelling but I've gotta bunch of friends who ARE. I don't know if using other smelly stuff is a good idea."

She doesn't know what most of the things that the old lady just mentioned are but she DOES know about durians. Riftline has 'no eating durians on the train' signs. Khannie had asked about it and it turns out they extremely smelly fruit.

"Whatever, thanks for the suggestions I guess," Khannie says as she turns to leave. "I'll keep looking."

Uh oh. She's leaving AND probably has some valuable things to trade.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Riftline: An Angel and Me]

To be honest, the woman wasn't particularly intending to imply anything. She just felt like it was important to come back here and say so, and let Marianne do what she wants with that information.

"As fast as possible, yeah?" the woman asks, for confirmation. She takes off her sunglasses and hands them to the angel, so that they don't get lost or in the way. Her eyes are every bit as empty as before, with the sharp teeth instead of eyelashes and the endless void inside them.

She looks down at the gap between the two cars. Definitely will take a while trying to undo it from here, thanks to all the safety features. "Hmmmmmm......" She taps her lip with her claw, thinking about the best way to open it quickly. With the right tool, it would be pretty possible to get it from the top, with some time. "I see how to do it. Just need...to...." she says to herself. She hooks her foot into the door frame by Marianne and sticks most her body off to the side and her upper body under the train. "Al...most..." She stretches, since what she's reaching for is nearly out of reach.
There's a clank.
Another clank.
Metal grinding.
Then a third clank, and the woman grips onto something. The front car starts drifting a little away, and the woman calls out, "Got it!"

And during that wait, the sound of the monster above gets closer and closer and closer and closer, and the mannequin's gaping mouth with needles is visible, and it's reaching down to try and find purchase to pull itself down, and there's screaming from the passengers in the front car, and that's when - "Got it!"

Marianne pulls the breaks, timing it perfectly.
The monster is reaching down, trying to find somewhere to grab, meaning it only has one hand holding itself to the roof, using all its strength to keep it from blowing backwards. When the breaks hit, momentum carries it forward, right into the barrier, then down onto the tracks, and then right past the woman's head, then under the train making a desperate clawing motion to save itself.

The noise of the mannequin monster going under the train is much more noticeable than the jostle from running it over. The front car with all the other passengers moves onwards towards the station.

Several moments pass.
The part of the train they're on slows down.
"Haha, good thing my hair's short enough," the woman says.
She waves her free foot. "...I might need help back up, though."
After being helped back up, it becomes quickly apparent that the mannequin managed to put several gashes on one side of her face as it went past. "Whew, that was exciting."

Surprisingly, the woman just bleeds normal blood. Not nightmares or starlight or black gunk or whatever, just regular red blood.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Riftline: An Angel And Me]

Wait, is she... is she putting her body under a moving train?

Good lord this woman is insane.

But, again, Marianne really doesn't have the time to weigh the merits of the action, instead just looking on as the eye-void lady puts herself at what's probably a wholly unreasonable amount of risk to carry out her hastily-crafted plan, all the while listening for the sound of the monster on the roof coming closer and closer...

And then the train cars uncouple, she pulls the brakes, and she watches as the monster gets crushed by several 75-ton steel cars in a row.

...Whatever that thing was, it's not getting up from that. Or at least, Marianne hopes not.

Letting out a relieved little laugh, Marianne steps forward to help pull the woman up from her position under the train. "...I... I think we did it." She manages to say, a light euphoria coloring her voice. "Yeah, I think we- Dear god, your face!" The angel holds her hands over her mouth, hiding a gasp in perhaps the most ineffective way possible. "Are... are you okay? Doesn't that hurt?"

It looks like it hurts. It looks like she's lucky to still have a face, even.

"...I, um... I'm not a doctor, but... could I have a look at that?" The angel asks, gingerly prodding at the wound. Fortunately, with her touch, the woman doesn't have to worry about it being aggravated by all the extra attention.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

Beans wrote: Dec 08, 2022 12:42 pm [Yasnaya Polyana Middle School]

"Well..." Carrie swallows. "I heard you were around Inside. So I asked Rhett's advice on how to get in contact with you again, and with what he told me... I came here and prayed to Ponera. I asked her to help me get in contact with you, 'n I told her I wanted to see you again." She smiles a little sheepishly. "And that's true. The flirting is a nice bonus, but I came here to see you again. Because..." Because I've never forgotten the kiss you stole in the movie room at HALO. Because of every time I've been with someone else and realized I'd rather it be you being snippy at me. Because we're both sad, hungry girls who grew up and the sadness and hunger never leaves your bones, and other people can't quite understand. Because you're the only woman that things have ultimately, truly felt right with.

She steels herself. "Because... over all these years I've been away, you've never left my mind. Something would remind me of you---I'd pass by a tailoring place, or I'd see The Little Mermaid in someone's rack of movies, or whatever---and I'd think, I wonder what Agatha's doing, I hope she's well. And... here we are. It really is so good to see you again, Agatha."
[Yasnaya Polyana Middle School]

She came to see her. She prayed to her Goddess for her. Agatha feels herself melting and it scares her. She tries to freeze her feelings while Carrie steels herself, but her eyes begin to shimmer like icicles in the spring as she hears the rest. "What's a good Vulpanian girl like you doing beseeching an evil Selinite deity? Reminds me of a beautiful idiot who tried to trade her soul to a demon to save me... no, it doesn't remind me. I haven't forgotten that fool, not for a single day. She has possessed my mind more thoroughly than any demon could and... and oh hells, you asked for this."

Carrie surely knew what she was doing by bringing up the movie they watched together. The first quarter second, where the Inquisitrix flips her own hat off her head, may confuse her. The second, where she grabs the blightwalker's scarf and pulls, may alarm her. Carrie really only has half a second left to prepare her heart before Agatha completes the movement. She kisses the girl.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 10, 2022 4:26 pm [Yasnaya Polyana Middle School]

She came to see her. She prayed to her Goddess for her. Agatha feels herself melting and it scares her. She tries to freeze her feelings while Carrie steels herself, but her eyes begin to shimmer like icicles in the spring as she hears the rest. "What's a good Vulpanian girl like you doing beseeching an evil Selinite deity? Reminds me of a beautiful idiot who tried to trade her soul to a demon to save me... no, it doesn't remind me. I haven't forgotten that fool, not for a single day. She has possessed my mind more thoroughly than any demon could and... and oh hells, you asked for this."

Carrie surely knew what she was doing by bringing up the movie they watched together. The first quarter second, where the Inquisitrix flips her own hat off her head, may confuse her. The second, where she grabs the blightwalker's scarf and pulls, may alarm her. Carrie really only has half a second left to prepare her heart before Agatha completes the movement. She kisses the girl.

Carrie is alarmed, but only briefly. She wraps her arms, then her wings, about Agatha as they kiss. When she pulls back, her eyes are teary too. "Oh, Agatha... I don't know if I want to tell you everything or just kiss you forever."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

"If you don't want it to be your boon, make it your price. I'll give you something else, and take your smell in exchange. How about the gift of finding coins in every container you open? Or an increased well of power for your abilities? Or if you really don't want to change your body, I know how to make illusions smell. When you look like a human, you'll smell like a human. For that I would require knowledge in exchange; how you make your illusions tactile, perhaps?" Mama Gho calls after Khannie as she leaves. She also uses a little subtle magic so that Khannie won't get lost, but her efforts to leave the market will take her back to this stall. Partly befuddlement and enchantment so Khannie's feet don't obey her brain, and partly a minor space-warping effect so even a totally straight line will lead back to the disguised raksha.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

"Nah sorry you're a weirdo I probably shouldn't have started talking to you to begin with bye!" Khannie calls out, waving over her shoulder as she departs. Something had obviously drawn her to this weird old lady and Khannie makes a mental note to automatically distrust anyone that Nexus Serendipity leads her to in the future.

ESPECIALLY if they are offering deals.

Because let's be fair Seraphina was nice and pretty normal.

So! Off Khannie goes!

...only to find herself back at the creepy lady's stall again less than a minute later. She had walked in a straight line! That shouldn't even be possible!

She glances over her shoulder in a mix of surprise and concern.

Then?

She growls as her disguise peels away like ink running off her and pooling around her feet. The zoroark bares her teeth as her ghostly hair goes wild and ghastly dead crimson eyes open across her body.

"You think messing with me is a good idea?" comes Khannie's phantom voice. "Cuz if you think messing with me is a good idea you're gunna have bad time."
Last edited by Rebonack on Dec 11, 2022 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

The woman had decided the fun:risk ration was high enough that it was worth it.
She gets up fine, the train keeps on slowing. When it eventually stops, they'll be within walking distance of the station. In fact, if they get off the train, stand on the ground, and look ahead, they'll see the roof of the station right at the horizon!

The woman stands up, holds her hand out for the sunglasses again, and turns her face so Marianne the gashes better. Wait, the lighting's better over at this angle; she turns her face again. "Only as much as the ground hurt when you, um, when....when you left heaven," she says.

After a beat, she quickly corrects herself by saying, "No, wait, I mean, I had a much better line in mind, what was it....um....um....um....give me some time, I'll remember it."

The wound acts like a normal wound when poked. And upon being poked, her eyes start leaking a little of that black stuff again, which mixes with some of the blood.
The woman sticks her tongue out to the side, trying to stop some blood from escaping her face. "It's just a flesh wound, anyway. I mean, face wound. Y'know? Face wounds always look worse than they actually are."
She doesn't particularly appear to be in pain; must be that pain magic in effect.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

...Did she just use a pick-up line on her?

Marianne can't help it. Maybe it's the adrenaline getting to her, or the catharsis of leaving a dangerous situation behind them, but hearing the woman's attempt at humor just... causes Marianne to lose it.

"...hnnnnnnnnnnnnn-" She wheezes, doubling over. "hnhnhnhnhnhnahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah~!"

slap, slap, slap Go Marianne's hands on her knees.

"Eh-ha, ehahahahahahahahahah~ AH-hahahahahaha~"

"Oh... oh, man... heh..." The angel wipes a tear from the corner of her eye, still shaking with laughter. "...Sorry, it's just... you have no idea how many times I heard that one before, even when I was still only human." She shakes her head and stifles a giggle. "I never thought I'd miss it. Okay, but... for real, though. Let me have a look."

The woman's right. Her gashes really do look worse than they are. A little cleaning and she probably won't be left with much worse than a couple of slightly unsightly scars.

But... something about that doesn't feel right. This woman risked her life to save both Marianne herself and a train car full of people. Why should she walk away from this with any scars at all?

"...Okay. Okay, I think I can actually fix this." The angel says. "All I need you to do is just... close your eyes and stand still, okay?"

...She is going to know if those voids are open or closed, right?

Well, whatever. It's not like she needs her eyes closed that much. She just doesn't want to alarm her when she moves in and plants a kiss on her lips.

In light of how she responded to the angel's touch, throwing in a kiss was probably not the smartest move. But, on the other hand, inhaling an angel's breath has curative properties, rather than "merely" acting as anesthesia. It may be that's enough of a difference to avoid whatever side effect comes from mixing it with pain magic.

Maybe.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

Khannie might note that despite appearing otherwise identical, the sword, slippers, and other goods are gone. In their place is a stack of clay tablets covered in Linear B, a leather-bound tome with a face stretched over the cover, a vellum scroll tied with a red silk ribbon, a blue floppy disc with a pentagram drawn on it and a USB stick shaped like a bone.

"You did not listen to my other options. I could give you another boon, and take your smell as the cost. As I do when I grant five years of life for a finger or toe. So you get two things you want. Or knowledge. I know how to make your illusions smell realistic. So long as you appear human, you will smell and taste human. If you create an illusion of an orange, white with rot, it will stink of mould. I can only trade knowledge for knowledge, however. One of the limits of what I do. So for the smell of humanity when you're illusionarily human, I want the knowledge of your solid illusion. Knowledge traded is shared, not taken; unlike other boons, what I take will remain with you after. And what I give remains with me." Mama Gho smiles, and adjusts their sunglasses, and taps their walking-stick against the floor.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

Khannie still growls at the old lady, one of her paws unconsciously curling into a fist just in case she has to deck someone. That's one of the problems with being a pokemon. Jumping straight to violent conflict comes naturally and it's an instinct she always has to keep in check. When it's clear that she isn't actually in any danger she begins calming down a little, her hair and tails gradually mellowing out and the aura of bitter malice she radiates abating.

"I'm STILL not doing anything that changes ME," Khannie insists in her phantom voice. "And I already know how to make illusions of all the sense, even smells. But this stupid ghost-fox smell still bleeds through not matter what I do. So if you know how to illusion a smell away then... fine. I'll tell you how I make my illusions solid."

She isn't sure if this creepy old lady would even be able to use that knowledge.

It isn't just wizardry. It isn't purely based on Khannie's knowledge and understanding. It's based on her ability to convince the mostly mindless spirits of darkness and shadow to obey her. And it REALLY helps that they just naturally want to please her.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

The woman sticks her tongue out at Marianne when she laughs. Sure, it was supposed to be funny but it wasn't that funny. Laugh that much, and you're just asking to get a tongue stuck out at you.
"Oh no, you've distracted me and now I've lost the better line I was going to say." It escaped when she stuck her tongue out and then blew away in the wind.

In order to 'close' her eyes, the woman just places her hand over her eyes and blocks them. "Closed," she says, since they're not actually closed but are close enough.

A kiss wasn't at all something she expected, though.
Leaves her a little surprised, jaw open.
Surprisingly, though, there aren't any side effects. No gloopy oil monsters show up, no bad synergy happens with pain magic, nothing like that. The wounds just stop bleeding and start healing pretty rapidly.

The train-half has come to a complete stop.

The woman finally breathes in again after that surprise happened.
She feels at her left hand, as if trying to find something that's not there.
"Ummmm....I....I have a boyf....I mean girl....I mean....um....I mean, I'm deathly allergic to kisses. Don't want to get pregnant, y'know?" Suspiciously, she's not dying.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"Don't read too much into it. I've got a boyfriend waiting for me back in Elysium and three 'close friends' here in the mortal world who wouldn't have wanted to witness that." Marianne replies, making air quotes with her fingers. "I just needed you to breathe my air to heal you. It's not my fault that the most efficient ways of doing that are... intimate." Her cheeks go a little red at that and she looks away. "...Anyway, the point is, don't worry about it. I'm probably not going to do that again. Not unless you get hurt again."

...Oh, wait. That's just going to be more encouragement to throw herself in harm's way, isn't it?

"...Right. We... we should go." Marianne steps up behind the woman and hugs her around the waist (even more awkward after what just happened). "Keep your hands and arms to yourself at all times, and thank you for flying air Marianne."

The angel leaves just enough time for the woman to wonder what she means by that, before unfurling her wings and taking off, intending to fly them back up to the train station on the horizon.

She decides not to call attention to her state of dress when she does this. If she'd known she was going to be carrying a stranger today, she probably would've made an exception to her usual rule and worn something for modesty under her wing-guise. At least as it is, the woman serves as a convenient censor.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

Ah, but once Mama Gho knows it's possible, they can perhaps find a way to convince/threaten the spirits to help- or else copy Khannie's technique so exactly it pleases in the same way.

"There is no need to tell me anything." The old woman smiles and reaches to her ear, brushing the hair aside and pulling a pot of snuff out. There's no real way for that to have fit inside her ear, yet it wasn't sleight-of-hand- Khannie saw enough to be reasonably sure of this. "Come here, let me touch your ear, and I will retrieve the information I want. To use the snuff, use it. There's only enough in there for one person to use, though you could share it. I would not recommend it, since neither party will get the full knowledge, and skills like this are not easily split down the middle." Hopefully this won't put Khannie off.

Mama Gho would disagree that this deal is not changing Khannie; all knowledge and experiences change people, just not physically. Even if she disregarded everything and refused to deal, by merely interacting with the stall Khannie is no longer the same person she was when she woke up this morning.

FireFox

Post by FireFox »

Beans wrote: Dec 10, 2022 4:41 pm [Yasnaya Polyana Middle School]

Carrie is alarmed, but only briefly. She wraps her arms, then her wings, about Agatha as they kiss. When she pulls back, her eyes are teary too. "Oh, Agatha... I don't know if I want to tell you everything or just kiss you forever."
"Tell me everything while we walk somewhere I can comfortably kiss you forever," Agatha suggests quietly. Her hands move up from the scarf to cup both of Carrie's cheeks, holding her in place for another needy kiss. "Where are you staying?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 13, 2022 3:55 am "Tell me everything while we walk somewhere I can comfortably kiss you forever," Agatha suggests quietly. Her hands move up from the scarf to cup both of Carrie's cheeks, holding her in place for another needy kiss. "Where are you staying?"

Carrie rests their foreheads together. "Remember my little place out on the flats? Let's go to the station and take a line out that way." She starts to steer Agatha. "The kids were there pretty recently and---oh jeez, uh, guess that's my lead-in to telling you I adopted two teenage girls?"
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[Yasnaya Polyana Middle School > ?]

The Inquisitrix starts to follow the princess, stumbling for half a step at that revelation before catching up and grabbing her gloved hand while they walk. Silver panic embroiders her eager voice. "You adopted... Can, can I meet them? Is that allowed?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 13, 2022 11:24 am [Yasnaya Polyana Middle School > ?]

The Inquisitrix starts to follow the princess, stumbling for half a step at that revelation before catching up and grabbing her gloved hand while they walk. Silver panic embroiders her eager voice. "You adopted... Can, can I meet them? Is that allowed?"
Carrie squeezes her hand, her face lighting up even more. "Y---yes, of course! Oh my gods, yes---uh, hold on---" As she wraps a shaggy wing around Agatha, she pushes her glasses up and wipes her eyes with her free hand, then fumbles her phone out. After a few seconds, she shows a picture to the Inquisitrix; tall, slash-mouthed Queenie looms demurely behind hands-in-pockets casual Marel.
"This is Queenie, and this is Marel... Queenie's not far from 7 feet and still growing, but she's as shy and gentle as a baby deer. Marel's pretty chilled-out and doesn't take any crap---she takes good care of her sister. They're good kids." Her voice overflows with maternal warmth and pride.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Of course the woman feels embarrassment for saying all that when it turns out Marianne immediately proves that saying it was all unnecessary.

It's okay, though! Awkwardness doesn't last for long, and pretty soon everything's normal again. "Don't worry, I have a lot of practice not getting hurt."

The woman gets grabbed. "Hey ~" But when the wings come out, she figures out what's up.

Most of the way through the flight, she shouts (over the air rushing past them while flying), "On a scale of one to dragon, it gets about a seven!" Being carried from behind by an angel while flying is pretty fun, but nothing can really measure up to dragons.

Of course, being held like that leads to those voids dripping more of that nightmarish shiny liquid, but fortunately! it seems to slow down significantly! Must almost be out..

As they approach the station, the front train car is stopped there already. Passengers are getting out, people are talking and pointing and explaining and making phone calls and everything, and there's lights signaling that authorities are approaching here to clean up everything and figure out what happened.

And, after the two of them land, the woman is left feeling a little giddy - she giggles - and possibly due to an adrenaline crash or something, her legs feel week and she stumbles.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street]

Khannie doesn't really DO slight of hand tricks. Which is either very strange or very sensible, depending on one's point of view.

She also leans back a bit when the pot is offered to her.

"I dunno what snuff is," she admits.

Come on Gho, you're dealing with a 14 year old girl who spent the first 6 years of her life in a pokemon village. Why would she know about drugs?

And Khannie really isn't thinking about mental changes here, but rather more physical ones.
Last edited by Rebonack on Dec 14, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 06, 2022 11:51 pm [Planar Introductions]

"Two-syllable actually." Ambrosia points out, ever the academic. "At least how I pronounce it though I could see how a person used to another language would pronounce it with one."

She looks to NeOn. "Of course, I know nothing about taking care of a child yet. The closest thing I got to learning about it was interviewing a couple running a spa together. Well, kobolts ran the spa from the most part from I can tell. The dragon couple was only in charge. Do you know what I'm talking about? Since I could use some parental advice."
Planar Introductions

Embralat blinks.

"Do I know what you mean in terms of...dragon couples? But um. I could give you advice on the kobold part, prooobably not the kid thing. Kind of very much never had any of those."
She's too young to have a brood of eggs!
Not at all actually.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 13, 2022 7:59 pm [Riftline: An Angel and Me]

Of course the woman feels embarrassment for saying all that when it turns out Marianne immediately proves that saying it was all unnecessary.

It's okay, though! Awkwardness doesn't last for long, and pretty soon everything's normal again. "Don't worry, I have a lot of practice not getting hurt."

The woman gets grabbed. "Hey ~" But when the wings come out, she figures out what's up.

Most of the way through the flight, she shouts (over the air rushing past them while flying), "On a scale of one to dragon, it gets about a seven!" Being carried from behind by an angel while flying is pretty fun, but nothing can really measure up to dragons.

Of course, being held like that leads to those voids dripping more of that nightmarish shiny liquid, but fortunately! it seems to slow down significantly! Must almost be out..

As they approach the station, the front train car is stopped there already. Passengers are getting out, people are talking and pointing and explaining and making phone calls and everything, and there's lights signaling that authorities are approaching here to clean up everything and figure out what happened.

And, after the two of them land, the woman is left feeling a little giddy - she giggles - and possibly due to an adrenaline crash or something, her legs feel week and she stumbles.
[Riftline: an Angel and Me]

Marianne smiles at that. Comparing her flight to a dragon's, even unfavorably, is pretty high praise... or at least, so she gathers from the woman's tone. And she's not really focusing on the more embarrassing aspects of this flight, so there's that. Marianne's not in the habit of taking passengers, and that's probably not going to change, but she's pretty sure this lady's going to be her favorite.

The angel touches down at the far side of the train platform, hastily drawing her wings back around herself to bring back her biker-esque outfit, just after she releases the woman... and witnesses her stumble.

"Whoa, easy, there..." The angel cautions, stepping forward to help her but remembering what her touch does to this lady and that she's already had quite a dose of it... really, that's probably what's responsible for her loss of balance in the first place. "...We should probably get going. There are plenty of witnesses here to tell the authorities what happened, and I'd... rather not talk to them, if it's all right with you."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

"This is not true snuff, it will not have the usual effects of the substance. True snuff is a tobacco product, which is inhaled. Inhale the dust, doesn't matter if you sneeze afterwards, and you'll gain the knowledge contained within. Take it." Mama Gho puts the pot down on the table, since Khannie isn't taking it from the old woman's hand.

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Still leaning on Cantie, Fettina looks between she and Thariza. Comprehending, she translates, "Uh, she wants to know if you and Ambrosia are, you know," Fettina lifts her hand and crosses her fore and middle fingers. "Together."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Planar Introductions]

"Those kids were pretty cute, if rowdy. I didn't know dragons had this many kids at a time." Thariza has little else to contribute right now.

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Thariza was indeed looking at Cantata with confusion. She could tell that those gestures are meant to be some kind of communication but didn't have the faintest clue what it means. When Tina helpfully translates, she snorts with amusement.

"Pfff. No, nothing like that. We're friends. I'm just here to support her."