Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

Gullara wrote: Dec 18, 2022 9:06 pm [Uninvited]

Annie gives the three of them a skeptical look, but then lets the bravado drop along with her arms to her sides. "Nuh uh. Obi's been too busy for me." She whines. "And mom said no choco puffs!" Horror of horrors. "And those babies woke me up way too early."
Arkhosia wrote: Dec 19, 2022 2:33 am [Uninvited]

Stasia blinks. "Siana, are you sure? I mean, I would really appreciate the help, but you're shivering-"

"Well, mom didn't tell us that," Ana interjects, favoring her sister with a mischievous grin. "So, how about I go pour you a bowl of choco puffs, huh? And then if you chow them all down, mom won't know a thing!" Besides, if she gets in trouble for this, she's really only half in trouble.
[Uninvited]

Siana opens her mouth again to say something to Ana about knowingly disobeying her mother and trying to get away with it on a technicality, but promptly closes it again without saying anything. Of all the people in this room, she's the one least suited to giving lectures about morality just now. Even Annie probably had her head on straighter.

So, it's back to the other subject at hand.

"It's warmer in the kitchen. I assume." Siana begins, slowly peeling off the blanket and resisting the urge to shiver as she stands up, leaning on her cane. "Besides, I... think it might be better if I was doing something with my hands." She gives the foxgirl a meaningful look, glancing down at her previously-soiled hands in the hopes she would get the message. Sitting idly by was probably going to kill her. "...I used to cook for a lot more people than this. It's nothing. Really."

If she gets the go-ahead, Siana will take this opportunity to head to the kitchen, leaving her purse lying unattended on the couch, where it will hopefully be left alone. True to her word, she will indeed start in on breakfast... and it'll be something a bit more comprehensive than Choco Puffs. If she can find the ingredients for them, she'll be whipping together a meal consisting of bacon, eggs, and sausage; her meal plans are big on protein, apparently. If she can't find those laying around, she'll do the best she can with substitutions, and failing all else, will default to a simple recipe for a pancake-like dish using flour, milk, and sugar, though in the way she uses it, any observers will be plainly able to tell that she's improvising, only loosely basing her recipe on something she hear about once.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Dec 20, 2022 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

[Flatchested House]

Agatha is so relieved at hearing Carrie forgive her, understand her, that she doesn't quite grasp the full implications of the bombshell revelation. It even seems funny, in comparison to the very serious matters they were just discussing. Princess Caroline of Vulpania. Her eyes sparkle in delight, warming up just from looking into Carrie's. If that was supposed to discourage her pursuit it's done quite the opposite. She bites her lip to keep from laughing, but can't stop herself from teasing the winged woman.

"Oh, I beg your pardon. I've been terribly informal to you, too overly familiar for someone of your status." She starts to sketch a bow, then stops. Undoes the top button of her blouse. Bows deeply at the waist with sarcastic formality. "Your Highness~"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 19, 2022 11:32 am [Flatchested House]

Agatha is so relieved at hearing Carrie forgive her, understand her, that she doesn't quite grasp the full implications of the bombshell revelation. It even seems funny, in comparison to the very serious matters they were just discussing. Princess Caroline of Vulpania. Her eyes sparkle in delight, warming up just from looking into Carrie's. If that was supposed to discourage her pursuit it's done quite the opposite. She bites her lip to keep from laughing, but can't stop herself from teasing the winged woman.

"Oh, I beg your pardon. I've been terribly informal to you, too overly familiar for someone of your status." She starts to sketch a bow, then stops. Undoes the top button of her blouse. Bows deeply at the waist with sarcastic formality. "Your Highness~"
Carrie stares at Agatha, then sighs. "Babe. Oh my god. You're---you do get that me being a princess of a nation that your nation has very particular diplomatic relations with introduces further complexity to our relationship, right?" As she warms up, she unzips her sweater a bit, then turns her notice to Agatha's bendy antics. "You're still as awful as ever... and even prettier than before." The warmth in her voice suggests a rather nontraditional definition of 'awful'.

Carrie turns to the fridge. "Can I get you something to drink, hon?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Annie drops her blanket by the couch and follows into the kitchen with a spring in her step. She stops and looks suspiciously when Siana starts rifling through the cupboards. She whirls toward Ana, "I still want choco puffs!"

Siana won't have any luck finding bacon, but eggs are plenty and there's a shrink wrapped package of these small pork sausages.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Ana and Stasia look toward Siana and nod unsteadily, a slight shiver of guilt running through both of them when they register just what the girl means. "If you feel you're up to it, then- we won't stop you." A beat. "And um, thank you. Like, seriously."

Watching the pair head to the kitchen, Ana giggles and nods. "Of course, of course! Im not gonna like, go back on my word or anything!" She heads over and retrieves Annie's treasured cereal for her, pouring her a bowl and some milk if she'd like too. Once that's done, she pauses to watch Siana work, her eyes alight. "Wow, you weren't kidding! That smells delicious!"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Well. Eggs and sausage it is, then. That's... actually good. Bacon was the most likely to trip her up anyway. She was never particularly comfortable cooking it around Sam.

Thankfully, the rest of the meal is an easy cook. Siana wasn't kidding when she said she could do this without too much trouble... if she were in the habit of sleeping, she'd be able to do it in her sleep.

Really, the only part that worries her is the spice. But even that is simple, it she aims for it to be... some salt in the eggs, nothing on the sausage. Tried and true, if a bit bland.

All too soon, the meal is ready and she's set about plating it, five servings in total; Ana, Stasia, Annie (even with sugary cereal, she might still be hungry, and this gives her a convincing cover story), Kitty (as soon as she's back downstairs) and "Obi", whoever that is. From context, she's thinking that's Anastasia's... aunt, maybe?

She gives them a nervous smile as she takes her place at the table, drumming her nails under her lower lip, visibly struggling not to bite them or show any other obvious signs of anxiety. She's not used to anyone complimenting her cooking... historically, she's gotten the impression that it's somewhat unimpressive at best and unpalatable at worst. Here's hoping she managed to get into the upper end of the spectrum this time...

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Annie seems quite content with her choco puffs right now. Pure sugar goes a long way in pacifying a child... for as long as she's eating that is.

Meanwhile, though, Kitsuki makes her way down the stairs. She's taking slow steps, not just because she has Su-Jin and Chaytan in her arms, but Also Umeko is holding onto her clothes as they go down the stairs. Once they reach the bottom of the stairs Umeka runs over to Stasia and latches onto her. "Good morning, Ana!"

Kitsuki watches this for a moment before turning her attention toward the kitchen. It'll be quite clear to Siana that she underestimated. Three more children, and the crying from upstairs has not subsided. As Kitsuki walks over Su-Jin gets a confused look, first staring at Ana before whipping his head back towards Stasia.

"Oh, you're making breakfast? I appreciate it." She glances down towards Annie's who's rapidly shoveling the last of her cereal into her mouth before it can be claimed from her, but makes no remark yet.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

"Oh! Um, hey Umeko, morning!" Stasia greets with a smile, reaching down to ruffle her young sister's hair. Su-Jin's insightful observation seems to make her a little nervous, not exactly eager to explain this strange state of herself again, but fortunately Ana seems to save her.

"Here, one of the kids can have my plate," The bolder half offers, snagging a sausage from the plate and stuffing it in her mouth with obvious relish before stepping away. "Y-yeah, um, same here. I'm not hungry," Stasia agrees with a shy smile. Which is... unusual. Anastasia hasn't been not hungry to some degree since before their visit to HALO.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Siana lets out a pent-up breath she didn't realize she was holding when Kitsuki thanks her. Good. Making breakfast was the right call, it seems. She's not stepping on anyone's toes or anything.

...Though it quickly becomes apparent that she did not, in fact, make nearly enough.

As she pops open the fridge to retrieve more materials, she notes that Ana and Stasia don't seem to be especially hungry, but doesn't ascribe much more attention to it than note that those are two plates already accounted for. Of course they aren't hungry. They just got back from a lavish dinner. And then from an appetite-killing execution. That's sort of the normal response to have, isn't it?

...It's definitely not because she burned the sausage or anything. They look reasonably well-done to her.

Right?

...She'll lower the cooking time for the next batch, just in case.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

Beans wrote: Dec 19, 2022 4:29 pm Carrie stares at Agatha, then sighs. "Babe. Oh my god. You're---you do get that me being a princess of a nation that your nation has very particular diplomatic relations with introduces further complexity to our relationship, right?" As she warms up, she unzips her sweater a bit, then turns her notice to Agatha's bendy antics. "You're still as awful as ever... and even prettier than before." The warmth in her voice suggests a rather nontraditional definition of 'awful'.

Carrie turns to the fridge. "Can I get you something to drink, hon?"

[House on the Flats]

"My empire only recently acknowledged your kingdom as a legitimate nation. So the diplomatic whatever is improving. No, seriously, I know. I have to put my job first and you your family, only if they conflict. The Inquisition does not care about Vulpania, it's entirely an internal apparatus. And if the Black Fox thinks he can tell you who you can m- what relationships you can have, just because he adopted you? I will go right now and explain to his dumb face how wrong he is." The more Agatha thinks about this, the more excited she sounds. Part of her knows it's crazy to hope this much, but it's a delightful madness that bestows the certainty that this could work. She crosses the kitchen with long duelist steps and gets between the Princess and the refrigerator door.

"None of those are insurmountable obstacles. We both know what we're getting into. You're worth fighting for. Not just because you've annoyingly gotten nine times more beautiful behind my back, but because you're you."
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 21, 2022 3:35 am
[House on the Flats]

"My empire only recently acknowledged your kingdom as a legitimate nation. So the diplomatic whatever is improving. No, seriously, I know. I have to put my job first and you your family, only if they conflict. The Inquisition does not care about Vulpania, it's entirely an internal apparatus. And if the Black Fox thinks he can tell you who you can m- what relationships you can have, just because he adopted you? I will go right now and explain to his dumb face how wrong he is." The more Agatha thinks about this, the more excited she sounds. Part of her knows it's crazy to hope this much, but it's a delightful madness that bestows the certainty that this could work. She crosses the kitchen with long duelist steps and gets between the Princess and the refrigerator door.

"None of those are insurmountable obstacles. We both know what we're getting into. You're worth fighting for. Not just because you've annoyingly gotten nine times more beautiful behind my back, but because you're you."
Carrie smiles, cupping Agatha's cheek in a gloved hand and kissing her gently. "I don't mean to be all doom-and-gloom. We can help our nations to make those diplomatic relations a little less frosty, from each of our ends... it'll take work, but... you're worth fighting for to me as well. The RCA hardliners can scream themselves hoarse, but I'll bite and claw for a future where a Vulpanian princess and a Poneran Inquisitrix can wed." Agatha's little slip hasn't passed her her by, and she knows she wants what Agatha wants too. Even though they've been away from each other for so long, all the ways she's been changing have been preparing her for this reunion.

"For now... how about I get the fire going and we sit? I don't know what all you've been through, but between us, I think we've more than earned that..."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Kitsuki starts settling the kids into their seats, ushering Umeka over too. She'll help dish them up too. Su-Jin continues to look very confused until he speaks up. "Why's there two Anas?" The other toddlers add their agreement as they start to pay closer attention.

"Someone paid a trick on her. She'll be back to normal soon." Kitsuki tries to explain. Su-jin doesn't necessarily look convinced by this, but it needs more processing.

"You two should eat, though. Weren't you out all night?" Kitsuki adds, looking at the two Anas.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

"I um- w-well-" Ana and Stasia both breathe a sigh of relief when Kitsuki intercedes for them, then nod. "Yeah, basically," Ana further affirms.

"Well, we were, but - it was... kinda weird," Stasia explains. "And we ate while we were out - well, like, before we got split like this. It was really good actually." That said, she also threw some of it up. Not that doing that helps your appetite much either, mind you.

"Um - hey mom, can we be excused real quick?" Ana asks, sidling back to Kitty and Stasia by the entrance. "I'd really like to change, and I doubt Stasia wants to wear that dress all morning either."
~Welcome to Night Vale
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[House on the Flats]

Perhaps Agatha only tries to keep arguing because she can't quite accept that Carrie already shares her feelings. Regardless, the kiss shuts her up and calms her down. "...yeah, tea and a fire sounds good."

She gives Carrie a soft kiss and then backs off and gets out of her way so she can work. It's been a very long day for her already and whatever furniture near the fireplace looks the most comfortable is going to be tempting her to sit down and close her eyes while she waits.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 22, 2022 3:20 am [House on the Flats]

Perhaps Agatha only tries to keep arguing because she can't quite accept that Carrie already shares her feelings. Regardless, the kiss shuts her up and calms her down. "...yeah, tea and a fire sounds good."

She gives Carrie a soft kiss and then backs off and gets out of her way so she can work. It's been a very long day for her already and whatever furniture near the fireplace looks the most comfortable is going to be tempting her to sit down and close her eyes while she waits.
Carrie pops into the living room as the kettle gets going, starting up the fireplace. The living room features a well-loved couch, an armchair, a loveseat, and a coffee table whose legs appear to have been made out of sun-bleached desert wood. The couch has a lovely handmade blanket over the back, and the whole room gives a homey, cozy vibe. Soon, the fire is crackling softly.

Carrie returns to the kitchen and soon comes out with a tray laden with a teapot and two mugs. One bears the somewhat worn seal of Pesty's division of the Vulpanian labs; the other has a cartoon of a content and/or sleeping frog and the caption 'it is what it is tbh'. The tea smells lovely, and Carrie sits down nice and close to Agatha. "You want the Pesty's lasers mug, or the sleepy frog mug, hon?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Siana opens her mouth to say something, to offer to go back with Ana and Stasia, before quickly closing it yet again and deciding that they probably want their privacy. Besides, nobody's going to ambush the two of them in their room, right? And her business in here with their mom and siblings isn't even close to done.

For now, she'll just keep up her attendance of the meal, throwing on a pot of coffee for Kitsuki and wincing at the fact that she hadn't done it sooner. It was practically second nature back when she worked at MERC. If anybody looks like they're about to run out of food, she'll swoop in and offer seconds. If anybody tries to get up for anything, she'll be back at the kitchen and fetching it for them before they've managed to push their chair back. And all of this without plating anything for herself and while moving around with what is very obviously a twisted leg.

"...So, um..." She offers Kitty by way of conversation. "...You're her mom, huh?"

Truly a dazzling insight.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[House on the Flats]

The Inquisitrix picks the loveseat first and then, when the winged woman brings out the mugs, the one with the fancy seal depicting a cat batting at a laser dot. She takes an exploratory sip of the tea and then just lets the mug warm her hands. No, only one hand; she puts an arm around Carrie's waist and plonks her weary head onto her shoulder. "My most sincere gratitude, your Royal Highness Caroline Vulpan."
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Dec 22, 2022 10:48 am [House on the Flats]

The Inquisitrix picks the loveseat first and then, when the winged woman brings out the mugs, the one with the fancy seal depicting a cat batting at a laser dot. She takes an exploratory sip of the tea and then just lets the mug warm her hands. No, only one hand; she puts an arm around Carrie's waist and plonks her weary head onto her shoulder. "My most sincere gratitude, your Royal Highness Caroline Vulpan."
Carrie snuggles in with Agatha, settling a wing around the other woman. She sips from her own steaming frog-emblazoned mug, arm around Agatha's shoulders as they nestle together in the warmth of the fire, the tea, and each other. "You're very welcome, Inquisitrix." She closes her eyes. The day's weight really starts to hit her, finally. It's very good to rest.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Kitsuki frowns, but doesn't press the issues. "Oh, of course. Take your time." She gives them a weary smile as they go.

Siana will find a container of coffee, though it appears to be running a bit low and is a bit old. More fresh is sencha tea, if she recognizes it.

She takes that as an opportunity to relax, she sits down alongside Su-Jin. She corrects the way he's holding his fork before turning to look at Siana again. "Yes." She offers a small smile. "Well, one of them. I guess that's a shared title." She chuckles.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Stasia nods gratefully and leaves the room, heading up the stairs and to her room with a quick "thanks." Ana moves to follow but pauses to clean up a bit, picking up Annie's bowl once she's finished and bringing it to the sink. "Just remember to make something for yourself if you need it," she reminds Siana before leaving. It had seemed like Siana's appetite was rather bug-dependent, but you never know.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

"Really? How does that work?" Siana asks, before immediately facepalming. "...Right, sorry. I sort of forgot for a moment there that she's adopted. You, um... have a bit of a resemblance." She gives Kitty a little smile and presents her with a fresh(ish) cup of coffee. "...Which is good, right? I mean, she is really pret- ach!"

The strigoi steps back, holding her hand to her mouth to suck on the burn she'd inadvertently found herself with, where just a bit of the coffee sloshed out of the mug and spattered onto her hand. As she does, she manages to set the mug on the table, if a bit forcefully, leaving her hand free and clear to pull away afterward, with an inexplicable string of translucent slime connecting her hand and the mug briefly, before it breaks and pools down onto the table.

Siana quickly stuffs her hands under her arms and turns bright red. "...I'm... I'm sorry, that's new, I swear. I... I don't even know what that is. I mean... other than really gross."

Mucus, Siana. It's mucus.

"...I'm... going to go clean up, if that's all right." Siana tries to excuse herself, grabbing her cane and hastily hobbling in what she hopes is the direction of a bathroom. Hopefully seeing that didn't kill anyone's appetite. She really didn't need the reminder that she's kind of a gross bug-person now, and certainly didn't need one that the rest of the table could see. They must think she's repulsive. They probably should, she is repulsive. She's vermin. Filth. An abomination. And it was... less than honest of her to pretend otherwise.

This was a mistake. She shouldn't have come here.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Moments before the chaos in the kitchen, Stasia will enter her bedroom and see her boyfriend seated on her bed. He flashes her cocky smile. "Sounds like a lot going on this morning." His expression shifts, though, to confusion. "What are you wearing?"

Kitsuki is in the process of arching an eyebrow at Siana's remark when the girl's outburst begins. She's momentarily stunned by the series of events, only managing to utter, "It's fine-" before Siana starts to retreat. She thinks to add instruction for how to get to the bathroom, but the space isn't big that Siana doesn't intuit it correctly.

"Ew, mommy! It's gross!" Umeko complains, with the typical lack of tact of a child.

"Shush, just finish your breakfast." Kitsuki scolds, cowing her daughter for the moment. She then proceeds to retrieve some cleaning spray and paper towel. The spot will be dealt with before Siana returns.

Annie, meanwhile, decides this is a good time to retreat from the chaos and mucus and leaves for the living room.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Stasia opens the door, letting out a sigh of relief to finally have some solace from the commotion below - only to spot the window cracked open, and her boyfriend lounging on the bed. "E-Eliseo?!" Her face brightens - but then she looks over her shoulder, towards the stairs her counterpart is currently climbing. Her tail bristles.

"O-ohmigod- you can't be here." Stasia pales, moves forward in a panic and grabs Eliseo by the hand, pulling him off the bed and bustling towards the bathroom attached to the room. Once there, she shoves the door shut and flattens against it, heart hammering in her chest. "S-sorry, it's- um, i-i-it's really not a good time right now."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

If Kitty (or anyone else, for that matter) follows Siana with their eyes, they'll see something rather alarming when she gets to the bathroom. Namely, the her reflection in the mirror does not match what they've been seeing up until this point.

See, when they look at her now, what they'll see is a teenage girl, with black hair, brown eyes, and unusually pale skin; maybe slightly eerie in the wrong context, but normal, for the most part.

What briefly looks back at them in the mirror does not, in fact, resemble a teenage girl in the slightest. The eyes are the part that probably stand out the most; while still human, there are four more of them than there should be, and all of them are crammed into the tiny spaces of their sockets together, little beads of tears building up between them as they swivel against one another. Her nose is gone entirely, replaced with a triangular cavity covered by a thin, transparent membrane that flares slightly with each unnatural breath. Her mouth does not fit neatly into a pair of lips over teeth, but rather, breaks out into a series of boney plates, under which a multitude of tiny barbed armatures twitch and fidget restlessly. Her entire face is covered with more of those boney plates, which break apart in jagged lines that don't quite seem natural... she gives the vague impression of someone wearing a broken mask, as opposed to simply having lines on her face. All of these features are framed in locks of charcoal "hair" that more closely resembles organic barbed wire, even as tangled and knotted with itself as it is.

Of course, her nightmare of a face will only be visible for a second, when Siana herself sees her reflection and hastily slams the door shut. That is not a sight for small children. Or anyone else, really, but definitely not small children.

After the sound of running water and a rustling of cloth, Siana emerges from the bathroom again, which now has its handtowel draped over the mirror to protect onlookers from any further glamour failures. She takes a moment just outside the door to take a deep breath, mentally bracing herself before going back into the kitchen/dining room. She's okay. She can handle this. Compared to the meal she just got through, this should be nothing.

...Not that the dinner last night was exactly filling her with confidence. But this should be a lot easier. No hidden motives and agendas here. Or idols falling from grace and asking her to do the unthinkable. Just a bunch of kids and her new friend's mom. How hard can that be, really?

"...Sorry about that." The strigoi grimaces as she returns to work, noticing that Kitty's already dealt with her little accident. "Do you, erm... do you have any gloves or anything around here? I don't want that getting in your food..."

It's probably harmless, really. But still gross.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Eliseo looks quite confused as he's tugged along, but he doesn't try to stop her. Once they're in the bathroom though, he's got some questions. "Are you okay?" That's an important one. He lifts a hand to push a lock of hair out of her face. "I thought you'd wanna know I can get in the new place just as easily as the old one." He adds, a bit more lightly and with a playful smile.

Thankfully for Siana, the bathroom mirror isn't visible from the kitchen. She has little reason to fear they've seen anything she doesn't want them to.

"How about you just sit down and relax?" Kitsuki suggests, her voice careful. "It sounds like you've had a long night too. You don't need to work yourself up."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited - Upstairs]

"I- um," Stasia swallows as she looks up at Eliseo, heart fluttering as his fingers brush against the side of her face. She glances to the side, biting her lip - and looking into those eyes, he might get his first hint that something is different with Anastasia. They're paler than usual, like a clear winter sky.

"I'm- I'm okay, sorta, just..." The girl sighs. "I-I had a really rough night, a-and things are weird right now, and-" Okay - deep breaths, deep breaths. She rubs the side of her arm. "Its really, really nice to have you surprise me like this, a-and I wanna spend like, all the time we can today, but - stuff's... um, hectic."
~Welcome to Night Vale
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

Beans wrote: Dec 22, 2022 3:43 pm Carrie snuggles in with Agatha, settling a wing around the other woman. She sips from her own steaming frog-emblazoned mug, arm around Agatha's shoulders as they nestle together in the warmth of the fire, the tea, and each other. "You're very welcome, Inquisitrix." She closes her eyes. The day's weight really starts to hit her, finally. It's very good to rest.
[Flatchested House]

Agatha has just enough foresight to carefully set the mug down somewhere it won't spill before she cuddles closer to Carrie and falls fast asleep. The next thing she knows, it's morning. There's a very silent moment of panic at the unfamiliar view before she gets her bearings. The memory of last night fills her with more warmth than the fire did before it burned out.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Jan 03, 2023 11:17 am [Flatchested House]

Agatha has just enough foresight to carefully set the mug down somewhere it won't spill before she cuddles closer to Carrie and falls fast asleep. The next thing she knows, it's morning. There's a very silent moment of panic at the unfamiliar view before she gets her bearings. The memory of last night fills her with more warmth than the fire did before it burned out.
Agatha will find herself without Carrie, a warm blanket draped over her. On the coffee table, a little note has a heart and "breakfast" written on it in bold pen. The sound and smell of cooking wafts from the kitchen, as well as Carrie's humming. Sunlight streams through the windows.

And then an absolute tower of girl walks in, ducking slightly under the doorframe. Her long black hair is put in a low ponytail not unlike Carrie's, though not thrown over her shoulder in that cute "dead anime mom" way. Her eyes are the rich pink of grapefruit, her face sweet despite the slashed grin of angry red flesh stretching from the corners of her mouth nearly to her ears. Whether or not Agatha is awake enough to realize it, she's seen the girl before in Carrie's photo.

She notices Agatha with a double-take and starts fidgeting. "Um." The air goes thick with awkwardness.

"Babe?" Carrie calls from the kitchen. "How many eggs you want?"

Queenie's eyes flick from the doorway to the kitchen to Agatha, looking more awkward by the second. "Shit."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited - Upstairs]

Eliseo furrows his brow, concern coming back in full force. Something pings in his mind as strange, but he doesn't quite place it yet. "I'm really sorry to hear that. Can I, like, help with anything?" He asks, a touch of uncertainty in his tone. "And..." He glances down at her. "What're you wearing? I mean it's super hot, but it raises more questions."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited - Upstairs]

"N-no, um- not really I think, it's nothing like, fixable right now?" At least not by the two of them, anyways. She shifts nervously.
"I-I guess company would help? But like- I mean I really really really just wanna snuggle up on the couch with you or something, but - I-I have lessons today, and mom's gonna need help with all of the kids..." not that those are the main reasons Stasia's holding back from committing to something.

As much a nervous wreck as she is though, Stasia can't help but blush. "I-I-um- y-yeah, it's really nice," She admits, glancing down at herself - and, after a moment, seems to work up some of the words lodged in her throat.
"I... I don't know where it came from, I just... woke up in this. There was like, this weird dream I had? I was at some kinda fey party, and...." She shrugs helplessly, tail curled around her legs.
~Welcome to Night Vale