Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Re: Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Post by Reinholdt »

[Huntress and Hunted]

"Oh, this is a double date? You should have warned me. I would have ordered a bottle of wine," Reinholdt says, not pulling a gun on Kyne today. Maybe if the blade wasn't right on his neck already...

"Hmm... well it mostly depends on where you were when you talked to him. Because I don't actually know when you talked to me or what it was about that provoked this, so..." Reinholdt gives a very soft, very gentle shrug so as to not cut his own neck. "We did send a Rein to be the Vulpania Rein recently so he's probably the one you want if that's where you were. He should still be there somewhere I would imagine." Rein could just call Rein, but where's the fun in that? Rein would probably appreciate it, but fuck that guy. Kyne wouldn't like losing out on the hunt like that and she's way hotter. Sometimes.
► SHOW SPOILER
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

[Cat and Goddess games]

This is good confirmation, but not immediately helpful. Soteira sighs as she considers their next move. "Don't you clones have, like, a microchip in your brains that lets you communicate instantly with each other?"
"Oh here we go."
"Not a microchip, fine, a cybernetic thingy. You know what I mean, Kyne!"
"I told you, So, that's Magtok, not the Reinherd."
"Uhuh, and who did he steal the cloning tech from, hmmmmmm?"

The whole time the sisters bicker, the saber at Rein's throat doesn't waver a millimeter. Either it has no weight at all or the murder Goddess is just that strong. Sadly, the sleeves of her duster prevent him from checking out her arm muscles. "Okay, okay... Rein, babe, do you have an electronic means of knowing exactly where this foxlover is right now?" Her voice drips with sarcasm and affection.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Rum and Wine games]

"Foxlover? Did he... and you... and you... At the same time?" Reinholdt's eyes dart back and forth as much as they can manage, his eyebrow raising considerably and his mouth growing into a silly grin. "Well I do hope you don't kill him before our next mind meld at least."

Reinholdt wisely refrains from shaking his head. "That said, no. No microchips. He's in Vulpania so if we need to find him we go to Vulpania. I mean, it can't be that hard to search. It's what... fifty square feet, made up of Tobias' castle and then the taxpayers. He's probably at the first. But when we really need to contact each other for some actual emergency, we just... you know... use our cell phones and call. Don't bother checking those for a gps though."
► SHOW SPOILER
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

[No alcohol for them, thanks]

Kynegetis finally lowers her white saber, replacing it with a look of contempt just as sharp. "I mean my father. That's the real reason one of you went to Vulpania, isn't it?"
Soteira chimes in a little too slow, hitting her line a beat later than her natural back and forth a moment ago. "Oh, yeah. If he's been there this whole time I'm afraid of where we might find him."

This is getting out of their control. They hope desperately he believes them, because any further guessing could imperil their mission. "Why don't you call him for us? We could meet him here or anywhere else he wants... that's not in front of our parents." Has Carrie broken the news yet or is she still searching for her lady friend? Vulpan Keep might not be a safe place for cats or goddesses at the moment.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Sacrilege]

Reinholdt frowns as he rubs his neck and fixes his collar. "Doubtful. We can see Tobias here whenever we want. Knowing Rein, I imagine I went to see the two of you most of all. Aside from general exploration. Vulpania's ruins have been improperly looted after all." By improperly Rein means they haven't been looted by him.

"But I'll call him if that's what you really want," Reinholdt concedes, pulling out his phone and scrolling through several Reinholdt contact numbers before finding the right one and dialing it, holding the phone up to his ear as it rings. And rings...
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 21, 2022 2:14 pm "Do they have to be your size? I mean, obviously not suggesting me here- you want a guy, right? That's not me- but... could a human or other smaller person work, or are your tastes more... specific than that?" Jack doesn't want Mina to think she's being called narrow-minded, but... well, Jack's own interests are pretty broad.
"I dunno. I like strong guys. And you just don't really get the big and strong vibe when I'm twice their size." Mina admits. It would be less of an issue if there were more minotaurs around. And the ones that were, were her age.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I suppose not, no. Hm There's an ogre splatter at a dive bar in Riverside, but his hygiene leaves something to be desired." Weird William's also tends to be a bit on the smelly side. "He is at least tall, wide, and strong enough to throw an angry werewolf through a wooden door." Which is why he's a 'splatter' and not just a 'bouncer'.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina snorts, shaking her head.
"That's a red flag for me. I try my best to not be pretentious but I expect at least a little bit of class!"
And in this case, that means basic hygiene.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Riverside's a mostly human city, he might not be able to find a shower big enough to fit in. But yeah, I'm with you there. I want my partners to appeal to as many senses as possible, y'know? Look nice, smell nice, be nice." Ogres don't usually have a great sense of smell either, so they don't typically notice their own stink. This one's a wereshark, so he's a bit better than usual in that regard.

Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Tapping can be heard from outside, the click of metal on cement, before the door to the tavern opens and in steps a woman with some heft to her. Clad in thick green robes, the silvery-haired woman has her eyes closed as she navigates about, using a staff made of remarkable crystal and golden metal to find her way to a table and sit down, entirely blind, where she sets her staff against the wall nearby. Given the exhausted look on her face, today has been somewhat harrowing and difficult, and something to drink would be very much appreciated; inevitably she'll have to ask for a braille menu, and starts looking it over.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Halae wrote: Dec 25, 2022 1:08 am Tapping can be heard from outside, the click of metal on cement, before the door to the tavern opens and in steps a woman with some heft to her. Clad in thick green robes, the silvery-haired woman has her eyes closed as she navigates about, using a staff made of remarkable crystal and golden metal to find her way to a table and sit down, entirely blind, where she sets her staff against the wall nearby. Given the exhausted look on her face, today has been somewhat harrowing and difficult, and something to drink would be very much appreciated; inevitably she'll have to ask for a braille menu, and starts looking it over.
Someone comes up and sits down at the table next to the blind woman. This would not be particularly unusual save for that she can actually see him. In this particular case, he's a rather heavyset shark-person with a dark, striped hide that's pale in front and a build that you could only get from extremely careful exercise and deliberate dieting, or being a Vadnova.
He calls over a server and orders no less than six drinks of varying levels of magic potency.
"One of these has to work on me." he can be heard muttering.
Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 24, 2022 4:08 pm "Riverside's a mostly human city, he might not be able to find a shower big enough to fit in. But yeah, I'm with you there. I want my partners to appeal to as many senses as possible, y'know? Look nice, smell nice, be nice." Ogres don't usually have a great sense of smell either, so they don't typically notice their own stink. This one's a wereshark, so he's a bit better than usual in that regard.
"Yeah, pretty much. Though trust me, you can make due with a small shower if you have to. It's hard as hell, but you can." Mina's bigger problem is scraping her horns on low ceilings and her hooves being slipping hazards. Delicate mountain goat hooves for climbing, hers are not.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"If you like," she says, leaning over... not really to look at shark-man, but more to give the vague impression that she's looking in his direction, "I could enchant just about any drink to work on you. It's not a terribly complex bit of spellcraft."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The shark looks up with his glowing blue eyes. "Oh, well. It's not really that I'm trying to get drunk. It's more that I'm trying to figure out what actually can. For future reference, you know?" Sometimes you go to parties and you need to stop by the store and bring something that would actually work on you.
If you got invited to parties at least. He needs to check in with his old neighbors again.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"Fair," she responds, "Me though, I actually need to relax a bit," she'll lift her arms up, stretching, "It has been a day."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

”Hm. Fair enough. Are we talking ‘got called into work on your day off’ kind of Day or ‘almost or was actually murdered’ kind of Day?”
That’s his sliding scale of Days, having been through all of those things.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"Started as a 'woke up in somewhere I don't recognize' day and got progressively weirder from there," she explains, "I just want a nap, but don't actually know how to get home, sooooo..."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

”Oh.” Henry says flatly.
”So you’re a nexus newbie then? That’s definitely a thing. So did anyone give you the speech or did no one spare the time?”
If it’s been a whole day someone must have given her the explanation.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"I've processed a decent amount of what's going on," she says with a shrug, "Nexus of realities, given the name. Not too different from null-space corridors, but with enough people in it to have formed a cohesive environment, even if it's patchwork due to the nature of space and time. Or I could be entirely wrong and it's some kind of dream. What's the spiel?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I've seen shower cubicles. I really don't think this ogre'd be able to squeeze inside one." The ogre's built like a strongman, except a bit more extreme. Tall, wide, and bulky in every respect, a narrow shower cubicle is too small for him.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 25, 2022 3:17 pm "I've seen shower cubicles. I really don't think this ogre'd be able to squeeze inside one." The ogre's built like a strongman, except a bit more extreme. Tall, wide, and bulky in every respect, a narrow shower cubicle is too small for him.
If he shark'd out he'd probably look like a bigger, less spooky Henry.
"Yeah but still. You can find a way. I managed to shower in the tiny bathroom of Mom's place for a few days like this. But I guess that's not the point anyway. Point is, I'm not going to go date anyone smelly."
Halae wrote: Dec 25, 2022 8:08 am "I've processed a decent amount of what's going on," she says with a shrug, "Nexus of realities, given the name. Not too different from null-space corridors, but with enough people in it to have formed a cohesive environment, even if it's patchwork due to the nature of space and time. Or I could be entirely wrong and it's some kind of dream. What's the spiel?"
"Oh, that's most of the spiel. Usually just includes telling you that your money's still good, getting home is usually complicated, and to brace yourself for meeting weird people. You don't need the last one though you're already talking to me. My name's Henry Vadnova, by the way. It's nice to meet you."
Henry's tail wags a bit when he's talking. It looks very silly.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"Verity Klass. It's good to meet you too. I'd offer a hand to shake, but I'm reasonably certain you're somewhat less corporeal than needed for doing that," Verity offers an apologetic smile, "Have you been here long?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Yeah, Riverside's got a river. No way is he too big to fit in there." That'd be a good way at least to bathe, if not shower. Considering he's a wereshark- which Jack's unaware of- he should at least go swimming somewhat regularly.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 26, 2022 6:15 pm "Yeah, Riverside's got a river. No way is he too big to fit in there." That'd be a good way at least to bathe, if not shower. Considering he's a wereshark- which Jack's unaware of- he should at least go swimming somewhat regularly.
"Well, what about you? What do you go for? I assume you're not spoken for right now if you were trying to flirt." She can't be entirely sure, though. Some people don't mind stuff like that.
Halae wrote: Dec 26, 2022 4:39 pm "Verity Klass. It's good to meet you too. I'd offer a hand to shake, but I'm reasonably certain you're somewhat less corporeal than needed for doing that," Verity offers an apologetic smile, "Have you been here long?"
Henry blinks, looking confused.
"Huh? I'm solid. I phase through things sometimes but as long as I don't get too surprised or hungry I'm fully physical. Is it the eyes?"
He shakes his head. "Uh, I was born here. So as long as I can be."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"Huh. You look like a ghost to my eyes. Never met a corporeal one before," Verity says consideringly as she looks Henry over again.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Halae wrote: Dec 27, 2022 6:34 pm "Huh. You look like a ghost to my eyes. Never met a corporeal one before," Verity says consideringly as she looks Henry over again.
Looking over Henry might not produce new information, though Verity might notice he looks different than other ghosts given that he is entirely solid to everyone else. Perhaps the finer details of his skin and body are easier to make out? He would be quite embarrassed to know that she can't see his clothes. She had best not mention that part.
"Well, I did die. But I'm kind of...bonded back to my body by the House's curse and my sister's scales and it was all very weird. Point is, I've got a physical body as long as I keep eating. I tried to lose all this weight the curse gave me last month. And I did lose it, but I lost it by slowly losing corporeality instead of getting any smaller." Henry jabs at his middle in frustration.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"That explains it," Verity says, nodding to herself, "That's some complex magic. I could probably take a look at it, see if I can untangle parts of it, but if you don't want anybody messing with your soulstuff I'll completely understand that too."
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

"True, true. Makes sense." Gold nods in recognition and agreement.

"So, what was your old land like? Before you had to leave, anyways." the toon enquires.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Halae wrote: Dec 27, 2022 10:28 pm "That explains it," Verity says, nodding to herself, "That's some complex magic. I could probably take a look at it, see if I can untangle parts of it, but if you don't want anybody messing with your soulstuff I'll completely understand that too."
"Well. I mean. In theory the curse is the reason I'm alive currently. Also I've been told that anyone who managed to get the curse broken just had it reapplied when they went to sleep or something."
Henry shrugs. His only solution to stop that would be the burn the House down, which he doesn't really feel like doing. His family would probably be upset about that.
ForTheGnomes
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by ForTheGnomes »

Jerick sits at a table, gnome-sized of course, near the edge of the tavern, tinkering with some kind of mechanical object. Since arriving here a few months ago, he has made himself at home, setting up his workshop in one of the rooms. The rent is reasonable, and he can get some profit by selling his inventions and potions to the general public of the Nexus, in turn buying supplies to make more inventions and potions. Although, a proper home and shop couldn't hurt... Alas, that may have to wait.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

"Well, if you say so. It's unfortunate that you're stuck with kind of a mess like that," Verity shrugs. Not much she can do here.