BC's Character Directory

Herein lies the various character directory threads for the players
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

BC's Character Directory

Post by bc56 »

The first and therefore best character directory on the new Nexus boards.

What, are you looking for the actual characters? Look below (once I get them posted)

Keep in mind that a character's presence in this thread doesn't necessarily mean I play them often, but it does mean I will consider playing them again. I'll try to mark retired characters, but feel free to ask.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
bc56

Re: BC's Character Directory

Post by bc56 »

Kothar
Lizardfolk paladin, single father, philosopher
Some are born to greatness. Some aspire to greatness. Some have greatness thrust upon them.
Kothar is none of those people. While few of those in his homeland would deny that he is a great hero whose actions had a massive impact beyond himself, greatness was never his goal.
Once, he was a hunter for a village in a swamp. He lived a happy enough life, married one of the other hunters, and hatched a child with her. Then disaster struck. The village was raided by trolls under the command of a monster named Gragrool, an ogre mage. His wife was killed in the fighting, his infant son barely out of eggshells was in danger, and he would do anything, anything, to protect what he had left. With spear in hand, he had his first brush with greatness that day. He was left for dead, Gragrool had fled with one eye blind. But the mother goddess of the lizardfolk, Tlacua, had heard the oath he swore in his heart to protect his family and the others in danger and accepted him as her champion. By her providence, he lived and grew strong again.
And seven years later, he had his second taste of greatness when he met two other nascent adventurers.

Arboreas was a wood elf from the woodland to the south, a sneaky sort who was adept in dealing death from the shadows.
Euclid was a half-elven sorcerer from the city of Desarke, two days to the west, with only mediocre powers but big ambitions, especially where gold was concerned.
The three of them met in the village of Elyorac, not far from Kothar's home, where the town needed someone to recover goods stolen by bandits lurking in the caves of a nearby mountain.

The mountain, it turns out, contained more than just some bandits and a cave, but an ancient fortress holding a terrible entity captive beneath it. Vox Vorago, the Voice of the Endless Abyss, an otherworldly tyrant of great power, was close to escaping the bonds that had held it for over 500 years.
In a year-long series of expeditions, the Three, as they would come to be called, descended to the depths of the fortress and slew the creature before it could emerge to begin its reign over the land anew. In the process, they became fabulously wealthy, in no small part because of Euclid's financial maneuvering.
Euclid and Arboreas left to found a grand theater, one of Euclid's many business ventures.
The fortress under Mount Vokthiss was turned over to the allies the Three had made during their quest: the upper sections to a silver dragon and his kobold attendants, and the lower caverns to a colony of myconids.
Kothar returned to his home and his son Achuak.
And after a few years, they both left on a hunt one day and never returned. An anticlimactic ending to a heroic tale.

Or that's how the story goes.
► Appearance
► Abilities
► Equipment
Last edited by bc56 on Aug 11, 2022 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Jade and Jason Fisher
Superheroic twins
Jason Fisher was an electrical engineer with a big inspiration. Skilled with all forms of manipulating light, he built a holographic projector and made a fortune. He used that fortune to build a power suit and fight crime.

Through a timeline-shredding mishap, he wound up in the Nexus, and many things happened.
Somewhere along the way, through fae magic, he acquired a twin sister Jade, a female copy of himself who happens to be a magical nine-tailed fox. Or maybe he's a copy of her? It's not exactly clear. The two of them live together in a secret warehouse lair and fight crime together under the identities of Hoplite and Athena.
► Jason
► Jade
Last edited by bc56 on Aug 01, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet
Queen of the Scorching Depths, Fated One, etcetera etcetera
► Full Title
She was a normal girl, more or less, but accidentally winding up in the Nexus, her demonic heritage came to light. Her mother was searching for her.
And in the end, did not manage to get her claws on Sekhmet. Queen Sapphira's reign ended in her death at the hands of the heroes of the Nexus, and Sekhmet ascended the throne.

Heir to immense magical power, a hellish domain, and a treacherous court of succubi and incubi, Sekhmet is out of her depth. She just wants to live with her husband, adopted daughter, and infant son, but her duties leave her no choice. A hell with a ruler, especially a just ruler, is far better than one without.
► Appearance
► Abilities
Last edited by bc56 on Aug 01, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The various courtiers of the Scorching Depths
There are many succubi, incubi, and other demons within Sekhmet's domain. Here are a few that have made themselves notable in one way or another.
► Charcoal
► Gloom
► Seam
Last edited by bc56 on Aug 02, 2022 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mary
Semi-adopted demon princess

Mary lived, all fourteen years of her life, in the slums of Inside. Surrounded by despondency, she made a pact with an otherworldly cat-fox-thing.
She gained the power to make her surroundings a better place, in exchange for fighting monsters.
But there must always be a Slums in Inside, and she was betrayed. Overcome by the futility of her actions, she became one of the very monsters she was tasked with destroying, the secret plan of the being who had granted her wish. She was vanquished by another who had made the same pact, and her soul gem captured.
And then a miracle happened. Somehow, she was brought to Sekhmet, the Queen of the Scorching Depths. The compassionate demon queen brought her back to her senses, but her body had been destroyed. Using ancient arcane machinery in her kingdom, Sekhmet made a new body for Mary, half demon and half mortal, and adopted the resulting tiefling as her daughter.
An incident with a magical disease caused Mary to be transformed into a dragon, along with one of her friends. After the ensuing adventure, Mary has started to occasionally spend time in dragon shape, especially around her transformed friend who has no way to change back into a human himself. She doesn't really think of herself as a dragon, but she likes being one sometimes anyway.
► appearance
► abilities
Last edited by bc56 on Sep 18, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Selekhael
The Mighty Forgive (abundantly)
In order to talk about Selekhael, I have to talk about an out-of-character mistake.
A long time ago, there was a plot called Marlick Bay, which Sekhmet participated in. She was collecting mysterious artifacts that, out of character, I knew would lead to her being transformed into an angelic being. That plot stalled for about 6 months.
I assumed it was dead, and did some other stuff with Sekhmet, which led to me establishing her as the princess of the Scorching Depths.
Then Marlick Bay picked up again. I had a dilemma: did I drop the angelic artifact plotline or do some sort of retcon? I took a secret third option, and then there were two Sekhmets running around. The angelic one became known as Selekhael, her angelic name, and then later as "Sele."

She got adopted by Zee, the bartender at Trog's Tavern, and got a cosmetic change to look like one of Zee's biological children. She works most days at Trog's and hunts demons sometimes (but not the type of demon Sekhmet is. Something else).
► Appearance
► Abilities and Equipment
Last edited by bc56 on Jan 18, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Assorted Supervillains
Because what heroes are complete without villains?
These villains have appeared, primarily, to trouble Jade and Jason Fisher, but sometimes show up elsewhere.
► Legion
► Eidolon