Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

Gullara wrote: Jan 02, 2023 10:58 pm [Uninvited]

Thankfully for Siana, the bathroom mirror isn't visible from the kitchen. She has little reason to fear they've seen anything she doesn't want them to.

"How about you just sit down and relax?" Kitsuki suggests, her voice careful. "It sounds like you've had a long night too. You don't need to work yourself up."
[Uninvited]

"Oh, don't worry, it's no trouble at all!" Siana says, plastering a fake smile across her face. "I owe you one for letting me stay here. Besides, vampire, remember?" She quips, pointing at her porcelain-white face. "A long night isn't a problem for me. Just the opposite, really. Hee..."

Wow that's an unconvincing giggle.

"...So, um... gloves?" She says, trying to switch back from the subject before Kitty has another chance to protest. Siana gets the feeling she probably will, and it'd be rude to argue with her, but if Kitty actually makes her sit down she's not sure she'll be able to take it. There's too much going on in her head right now and absolutely zero distractions if she isn't doing some kind of chore. And, hey, at least she's good for those. Sort of. That creeping feeling of inherent wrongness stays at bay for as long as she's got something tangible to work with.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

Beans wrote: Jan 03, 2023 1:09 pm Agatha will find herself without Carrie, a warm blanket draped over her. On the coffee table, a little note has a heart and "breakfast" written on it in bold pen. The sound and smell of cooking wafts from the kitchen, as well as Carrie's humming. Sunlight streams through the windows.

And then an absolute tower of girl walks in, ducking slightly under the doorframe. Her long black hair is put in a low ponytail not unlike Carrie's, though not thrown over her shoulder in that cute "dead anime mom" way. Her eyes are the rich pink of grapefruit, her face sweet despite the slashed grin of angry red flesh stretching from the corners of her mouth nearly to her ears. Whether or not Agatha is awake enough to realize it, she's seen the girl before in Carrie's photo.

She notices Agatha with a double-take and starts fidgeting. "Um." The air goes thick with awkwardness.

"Babe?" Carrie calls from the kitchen. "How many eggs you want?"

Queenie's eyes flick from the doorway to the kitchen to Agatha, looking more awkward by the second. "Shit."
[Flatchested House]

"You're Queenie. Hi." Agatha smiles sleepily up at the tall girl. Then she wakes up a little bit more, her eyes widening in shock. "You're Queenie. Oh my Goddess." She leaps upright, the blanket falling off her shoulders and revealing her blouse is partially unbuttoned up top. Which makes her next words less than convincing. "This isn't what it looks like. I was just catching up with your mother. Not 'catching up', I haven't seen her in years and she... invited me here. Oh hells, this isn't how I wanted to meet you. Listen, I'm Agatha." She leaves it at that, fidgeting nervously, as if she expects Queenie to recognize that name.

[An Eastside Apartment]

A Goddess of Murder is studying the arcane wards laid on the front door. She points her double barrel shotgun at the lock, then thinks better of it and puts the gun away. A pale thumb with a black painted nail caresses the doorbell and then holds it down. And will keep holding it down until someone opens up.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Jan 05, 2023 4:11 am [Flatchested House]

"You're Queenie. Hi." Agatha smiles sleepily up at the tall girl. Then she wakes up a little bit more, her eyes widening in shock. "You're Queenie. Oh my Goddess." She leaps upright, the blanket falling off her shoulders and revealing her blouse is partially unbuttoned up top. Which makes her next words less than convincing. "This isn't what it looks like. I was just catching up with your mother. Not 'catching up', I haven't seen her in years and she... invited me here. Oh hells, this isn't how I wanted to meet you. Listen, I'm Agatha." She leaves it at that, fidgeting nervously, as if she expects Queenie to recognize that name.
Queenie blinks, startled and confused. Somewhere, a toilet flushes and a sink runs. "... Sorry, I don’t know who you are... Mom doesn't really tell us the names of her past g---wait, how do you know my name?" She looks even more nervous. "M-Marel! Um, there's..."

A coyote-eared and -tailed dirty-blonde teen of far more normal height comes in behind Queenie. "I heard. Sounds like catchin' pretty far up. You the old bandmate, or the bad driver?" She fixes Agatha with sharp eyes.

Carrie curses from the kitchen, then comes in. She's still in last night's clothes, her hair in disarray. She looks at the little scene and sits beside Agatha, wing around her. "Good morning, girls. This is... not how I wanted to introduce you to Agatha. Agatha, these are my girls. Girls... remember how I told you that love can lead you to do drastic things?"

Queenie's eyes widen, like she's meeting a fabled figure. Marel gives a low whistle. "Well, shit, the snippy gal Mom gets all wistful about. Taller'n I 'spected."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[An Eastside Apartment]

Kyne can hear the rushing footsteps of an ambush before the door opens to reveal a small nine-year old girl with red hair and blue eyes. Her features are strikingly familiar in a step removed sort of way. She stares at Kyne, no doubt considering whether or not to scream Stranger Danger and run away or not. "... You're tall," the child settles on before reaching out to grab Kyne's hand and pull her inside. "Come on, come on, it's your turn," the young child insists trying to drag the assassin goddess to the living room, leaving the door wide open.

In the living room, Kyne will find two other girls of the same age, sitting around a game of Nexus Monopoly. The first girl tries to drag Kyne into sitting on the floor in front of the couch. "You can have my stuff," Atropos says, giving Kyne a mere pittance, the rest of the child's resources having been generously donated away already to her sisters. Now that Kyne has Atropos' stuff, Atry is free to climb onto the couch behind Kyne to start brushing the goddess' hair.
► SHOW SPOILER
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

[House on the Flatfooted]

The Inquisitrix is too self-conscious about the impression she's making to lean into the princess, but she does turn to arch an eyebrow at her. "'Snippy'? At least it's a good thing you taught your daughters the important lesson of not selling your soul to demons." Her own hands clasp together and twist in her lap to keep her from grabbing Carrie for comfort as she fidgets under the teenagers' stares. "But I'm very glad I get to meet you two."

[Do Not Pass Go]

Kynegetis finds herself dragged into the apartment, swinging the door shut behind her. She sits on the floor where directed to and closes her black duster to hide the body armor while she looks at each of the triplets. Klaire and Lauren look back, one smiling and the other blinking in confusion.
"Is your... Is your father home?" Her voice cracks. Her crimson eyes shimmer.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

FireFox wrote: Jan 05, 2023 11:21 am [House on the Flatfooted]

The Inquisitrix is too self-conscious about the impression she's making to lean into the princess, but she does turn to arch an eyebrow at her. "'Snippy'? At least it's a good thing you taught your daughters the important lesson of not selling your soul to demons." Her own hands clasp together and twist in her lap to keep her from grabbing Carrie for comfort as she fidgets under the teenagers' stares. "But I'm very glad I get to meet you two."
Carrie waggles a gloved hand. "Hey, I said you were a lot of things besides snippy, most of them good." She turns to her daughters. "Girls, Agatha is... very dear to me. I know you probably figured that from what I'd told you... and, well, we found each other again last night. It wasn't something I'd been counting on for all these years, just---I saw my chance, I went for it. We reconnected and came back here, and we both conked out in front of the fire."

Marel sniffs. "No points for fire safety, but hell if that ain't real sweet."

Carrie smiles ruefully. "You can save me that earful for later. Anyway---look, here's how it is. I love Agatha. She's... she's as important to me as you two have figured, and then some. I... it's not necessarily going to be the easiest thing, us being together, but it's worth the effort. But I also love you two, and ultimately, you come first if push comes to shove. I'm hoping it doesn't, because I'd really like to be with her, and it'd mean a lot to me for you two to be open to that too." She sniffs, swallowing back tears. "So... what do you say, girls?"

Queenie rubs at her eyes, and Marel pats her arm. "Whenever you told us the whole yarn 'bout 'er, we could both tell she was somethin' special to you. 'S nice to put a name and a face to the story. Speakin' fer myself, ain't got nothin' 'gainst my mother havin' a special lady in 'er life. We do want you t'be happy 'n all, ma. That right, Queeners?"

"Yes," the towering teen says softly. "I'm happy for you. Just... it would be good to get some time alone. Um. With Miss Agatha. As soon as possible."

Carrie looks from Agatha to her kids. "... I could get that pan back on the burner. And add another. Damn glad I got a four-slot toaster. Would that be enough time for a preliminary chat?" The girls nod their assent; she looks to Agatha. "That work for you, hon?" She squeezes her arm softly.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

"Siana please. You're a guest in my home. I'm not going to have you do my dishes." Kitsuki responds. Siana has done quite enough already. "How about you have a seat?"

"But I should ask, now that we have a minute. Do you have anywhere to go today... or tonight?" The whole... burning thing is still fresh in her mind. "Do you need to call someone?"

Upstairs

Eliseo looks a bit confused. "Alright..." He looks her up and down again. "So I feel like I'm missing a whole lot of context. Is there something going on? I mean it seems like it, but if you don't want to talk about it... But you know I'm here for you, right?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Upstairs

"W-well, there's-" Stasia shifts and rubs her shoulder. "Y-you know I don't like... hiding things, it's just- Mom wouldn't want me to talk about it, a-and I'm not sure I'm... ready to talk about it right now. But- I... I know you're here for me, and it really helps."
The smile he earns is small, but it's earnest.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Collect 200 Gil Anyways]

"Yeah," Atry confirms, as she runs her brush through Kyne's luxurious black hair with gentle precision. She has a lot of practice it seems, so it's a fairly comfortable experience. Atropos seems ready to leave it at that for a few seconds before a sudden intake of air suggests otherwise.

"DADDDDYYYYY!!!" She screams out shrilly.

The footsteps can't move any faster before Rein bursts in like a whirlwind. "Wha-who was at the door, is everything alri- oh. K-Kyne. You've surprised me. Atropos Ivy Terenti Solomon The Third, what have I told you about screaming in the house?!" Reinholdt may be a little hard to hear, there are two crying babies on him, one holstered to the front of his chest, the other to his back. He's holding a spatula in his hand that has a little bit of pancake on it and does not look like he's slept for the past three years. All the same, he bounces gently in place, trying to shush the crying twins and assure them that all the sudden noise was fine.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Arkhosia wrote: Dec 12, 2022 4:07 am [Spookysitting]

"What-?" Leis spins around and gasps in shock, stumbling backwards into the doorway. That's not like any spirit she's ever seen before! Thinking quickly, she unscrews the cap of another vial and fishes out three leaves of sage, squeezing them between her fingers.

"L-leaf as my shield, shrub as my knight, wall this spirit away tonight!" The tiefling bites a sliver of skin from her thumb and whirls her wrist to fling the leaves into the air, greenery cracking and crumbling into shimmering silhouettes of light that expand into three large planes and move to encircle the ghost. Should it work, they'll trap the spirit and ward it from passing through.
Gullara wrote: Dec 13, 2022 3:42 am [Spookysitting]

"Uh, Orlane. Orlane!" Rosabel elbows her sister, who turns to see what she's looking at. "There's two of them."

"Uh...." Orlane's eyes dart around. "Run!" She and Rosabel, with Maha in tow, make a break for the door on the kitchen's east wall.

Meanwhile Eshe and Jaazha in turn bolt past the intercepting hallway where Leis and the spirit are. Oh no, this is real trouble! Eshe doesn't stop before she reaches the master bedroom and she pushes the door open and runs inside. Jaazha is forced to follow. "Mom has to have something in here to help."
Keeper wrote: Dec 14, 2022 2:24 am Bed Talk

"Uh, I think you mentioned them once? You asked me for a mechanic in Riverside once? But uh, otherwise no. I know there was an incident or something with the news, yeah."
Jim doesn't remember the specifics. He would remember hearing about the bombing but he didn't pay attention to the name of the band.
Reinholdt wrote: Dec 14, 2022 8:36 am [Bellamy House]

Reinholdt frowns. That's nice and all for the triplets, but Rein's concern had been for the kids not directly Otherbriane's and the answers weren't particularly satisfactory. Then again, it's unlikely any answer really would be in this situation. But if Otherbriane just wanted a bunch of kids...

"Why involve me then? She's proven she's more than capable of fathering her own children." Reinholdt idly waves at the trio building a block city.

Before his keen rouge senses suggest a door opening to him. That was quick. Anastasia and Annie must be back and trying to come in quietly so as not to disturb them.
Wait a minute. When has Annie ever been quiet?

Reinholdt turns his head to glance over towards the hall that leads to the door for a moment, but he doesn't see anything with Sirena carefully hidden against the wall. Huh. Was he imagining it? Probably. He is kind of on edge right now, so he ignores his instinct and turns his attention back to the group.
Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 19, 2022 3:47 am [Bellamy House]

Harley bends over and looks down at her knees. Yeah, that's a good question that Rein's asking, too.
She should definitely have come more prepared. As it stands, she's basically just letting Rein ask everything important.

She breathes in. And out. She sits up straight, and pushes her hair back. She thinks of a hopefully-good question, and not one that would be super obvious in retrospect. "Oh. Um." She looks at Obriane. "Have you ever directly spoken with your alter ego? Or is that a thing that's just impossible?"
Harley glances at Kitty. She opens her mouth, decides against it, and then looks back at Obriane.

Manja, of course, finds the blocks very interesting. The way that the three of them are playing together is pretty interesting, too. She's never considered just...adding stuff to what someone else was using.
It's a pretty clever idea, she's forced to admit.
[Spookysitting]

The girls would have been in the master bedroom before which means that they would know about the cabinet of curiosities. But they would also know about all the locks it has to keep young troublesome girls from messing with it. Leis would have been given the key (for emergencies) but unless they pickpocketed it off her they're not getting into it unless they would be willing to smash the glass. Since while the frame is made of sturdy wood the rest is glass. Thick glass but glass nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Leis seems to have caught the purple spirit by surprise as it didn't seem to have expected her to fight back so fiercely. The panes encircle it and, as far as she can tell, traps it in-between them before it even seems to realize what was going on. It flattens its face right into the front pane as it attempts to move towards her but despite its confusion it still manages to make a seemingly intentionally silly expression through it despite its unnerving appearance.

But just as she has this spirit beat the door to the maid's room actually opens and another purple being, if in completely different shape and form, comes through. It is wearing a black robe adorned with yellow colored cartoon stars and floating next to it, as if it had been holding it with an invisible hand, is a blue wand with an even larger cartoon star attached to its head.

The wand is risen in the air and for a split second it seems like its going to start a complex motion resulting in a spell being cast until it simply just comes down, attempting to smack Leis over the head with it.

If she fails to avoid the head booping it won't hurt much as it wasn't coming down with a lot of force but she will suddenly find that her clothes have altered for the worse. At least judging by the standards of babysitting. In addition, if the spell takes effect, she will be forced to do everything the girls (not anyone else) tells her to do!

Finally, we have the last of the girls who are trying to get away from the spooky top-hat ghost through the kitchen. As they run the creature spots them and let's out a strangely curt laugh. "Ahah!"

Then it starts to float after them, less of a chase and more of a casual drift in the direction they were running. Wherever they are going they will have plenty of time getting there before the ghost catches up.

Bed Talk

Jaahlyn nods. "Yeah, there was this band made up of succubi members and they were getting in some car trouble..." She pauses as while that sentence was short there was a lot in it for Jim to accept all at once. "-one thing lead to another and I got hired with MERC to handle security at their show since some demon hunters might be planning to kill them."

Jaahlyn scratches the back of her head. "...so that's when the explosion happened and one of the band members actually ended up getting killed. However, I didn't want her to go to their version of hell so I stepped in to maybe give her a better afterlife-" A small sigh escapes her lips. "-and ended up turning her into an angel instead. Whose like, able to come here and join up with her band again?" The satyr shakes her head. "-yeah, I was confused too but apparently that's just how it works over there. But the person that murdered her in the first place is still around and there might be other demons coming after the band too? It's honestly a big mess and now it feels like its my duty to protect them but I don't know for how long I can..."

[Bellamy House]

Obriane shakes her head as to reply to Harley's question. "Nope, but if I did I'm not sure I'd be able to restrain myself from punching her square in the face honestly." She remarks with an sudden uncharacteristic grimness as her eyes narrows.
It's with that austere expression she turns to Rein. "Since I have honestly no idea why she got you involved. Maybe it was just a nasty impulse or maybe she just enjoys spreading misery to others. Whatever reason she had it was probably something nasty like that."

The changeling let's out a resigned sigh. "I've looked into means of getting rid of her ever since she first made herself known but without any luck. She's already hurt Kitty and now she's hurt you two too." Obriane gestures towards the pair. "I'm at my wits end here honestly since at least before it was just our family but now... if it was just getting a different job I'd do it but I don't think that would help. I'm not even sure the ghosts influence anything or if it's just the fey."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki winces when she notices Harley's eyes on her for a moment. A part of her is still waiting for the other woman to scream and throw things at her. It would be fair as far as she's concerned. Maybe it'd even help with this tension she feels.

"I think, when it comes to fey, their motivations can be pretty inscrutable. I don't think they think the same as normal people." Kitsuki ventures. As far as she's been able to glean there's always been something strange about Otherbriane in those encounters.
~Images by Soushiyo
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Upstairs

"Well okay." Eliseo replies uncertainty. He kinda wants to know more, but he's not about to push her. Especially since she seems a bit extra on edge this morning. "I'll always be here for you." He assures. Then, with a sly smile. "Especially if a little early morning making out will make you feel better." A wink.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Upstairs

Stasia's smile grows a bit more fond at the reassurance - and then her eyes go wide and her cheeks brighten like the evening sky. "I-I- um- I guess it might help," she accedes, the look of a thief suggesting the process of a particularly in-depth robbery in purely hypothetical standards.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Gullara wrote: Jan 06, 2023 3:30 am [Uninvited]

"Siana please. You're a guest in my home. I'm not going to have you do my dishes." Kitsuki responds. Siana has done quite enough already. "How about you have a seat?"

"But I should ask, now that we have a minute. Do you have anywhere to go today... or tonight?" The whole... burning thing is still fresh in her mind. "Do you need to call someone?"
[Uninvited]

"No!" Siana blurts, clutching her cane tightly. "I mean... no, I... there's nobody I really need to call, no."

It occurs to her a few seconds later that she might be raising all sorts of red flags with Kitsuki with such a brief, uninformative statement. And with the number of times poor communication has come back to bite her squarely in her rump, she resolves to give Kitty a fuller, more honest answer.

"...I don't have anywhere else to go, either." She says quietly. "I... I ran away from home, not too long ago. I did something stupid and if my uncle ever found out, he'd..." She winces and closes her eyes, shaking her head. "...I can't go home, so I've been living at work. It's been fine, they're sort of set up for that. At least that was fine until I lost my job there and barracks access with it." She runs her hands together and takes a vacant seat at the table. "...That was, um... that was just a few days ago. I haven't really had time to find any other place. And since I'm out of work, too, I wouldn't be able to afford my own place even if I did find one. One of my old co-workers was sort of helping me with that, but-"

...Oh. She probably should call Jaahlyn, actually. If only so the satyr knows she didn't get vaporized between now and their last in-person meeting.

"...That's about it, really." Siana finishes with a little shrug. "...If you're offering to let me use your phone, I can call said co-worker and see if we can arrange something so i can be out of your hair before nightfall. And I should probably check in with my sister, too... she's going to worry if ten o'clock rolls around and she hasn't heard from me. I don't think I need to explain why." She grimaces and glances at a nearby window. "...But, um... regardless of what else happens, I think I should let you know I made Anastasia a promise. See, when we were-"

Siana cuts herself off and glances around the table, which seems to be almost exclusively populated with people who are far too young to hear about what happened at the party last night.

"...I think we should talk in the kitchen. And, um... her other mom should probably be present, too." Siana says finally. "It's important."

-

[Chopping Block]

whunk!

thd-thunkle~

Aikobaz takes a moment to wipe off her brow before setting another log on the old stump in the Bloodplunders' backyard, lifting the axe in preparation for another wood-splitting blow. She wasn't sure how much firewood they'd actually need in the coming months, but she'd insisted on taking this particular chore for herself regardless. It's good exercise, especially if she's going to help Aigothurz with his training later on. She'd have to get used to holding and swinging an axe, and hopefully this chore would, at the very least, help her develop the necessary musculature before starting in on technique.

And there's a sort of zen quality to it, as well. Place wood, break it in half, place more wood, break that in half, and so on. She's quickly finding it to be a useful meditative aid, and will likely find herself back here if she simultaneously needs to lose herself in her mind and keep her hands useful.

whunk!

thd-thunkle~

The empress sets her axe aside for a moment and adjusts her garments. She's not exactly appropriately dressed for the weather; her usual wardrobe doesn't do a great job of breathing when she exerts herself, so while she's out here, she's borrowed some of Hope's clothes on the grounds that it does a much better job at that... perhaps too well, given their differences in proportions. Aikobaz has had to tie knots in both the top and the shorts, and still found the former to be far too loose for her modesty's liking, especially with the frigid air blowing through her too-often-exposed chest, and so she's wrapped herself up in a length of sarashi underneath to make up the difference. It's not comfortable wear by any means, but as long as she keeps swinging, her excessive body heat will handle the temperature and she can just focus on working. She likes to think of that as motivation.

Anyway, she's spent too much time fretting about her clothes already. Back to work.

whunk!

...Dammit. Missed.

whunk! whunk!

thd-thunkle~
Last edited by Ironsmith on Jan 07, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Bellamy House]

"I've always found a logic to a fey's actions, even if it's taken to a certain extreme..." Reinholdt weakly defends himself, far too familiar with acute, seemingly irrational motivations. "But there's no point in presuming I suppose." Rein had just figured they already knew, but it seems Obriane isn't as close or knowledgeable about Otherbriane as he initially believed.

That kind of leaves him dry for answers about the past. Perhaps it's time to ask about the futur-OH DEAR GODDESSES, THAT'S A COCKROACH! Rein freezes a little, eyes glancing from it to their hosts, back to it. Did they know they had roaches? Would it not be extremely rude to tell them, hey look, you have a roach?

In an effort to not offend, Rein instead just slides his legs up until they're on the chair and his knees are nearly to his chin, as if he were thinking intently in a weird, cat approved pose. And also his feet are not near any scurrying disease factories. He'll clear his throat. "Well I don't think I have any more questions about the incident itself then," Rein says, looking at Harley to see if she had some more.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodplunder House- Chopping Block

It'll be a moment before Aigothurz comes outside holding a tray with two glasses of iced lemonade. He's wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jeans, though he's barefoot since it's rather nice weather. He'll look at Aikobaz for a moment before blushing and looking away. "Uh... you can borrow one of my shirts, if you'd prefer. Hope's stuff... really doesn't fit you very well. In fact... Here." He'll put the tray down nearby and start to unbutton his shirt.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House - Chopping Block]

"Here, wha-" Aiko stops when she sees what Aigothurz has in mind, her own face darkening to near-black. "Aigothurz Bloodplunder, we are outside!" She hisses, grabbing ahold of the now-loose flaps of the shirt and hastily working to rebutton...

...Ooooooh that was a mistake.

The empress withdraws her hands from Aigothurz's shirt and contents herself with tiny, pinch-sized adjustments, trying not to think too hard about how close she just came to groping his chest. "...It's... it is fine." She says, taking a seat on the stump in an attempt to regain some of her dignity. "I am... reasonably comfortable, given the circumstances." She smiles and tucks Hope's shirt into her shorts, stuffing her waistband with fabric in an attempt to ensure it stays up properly.

It does not.

Aiko decides to remain seated for the moment, crossing her legs casually so it doesn't look like anything's wrong. "...I'm... I'm actually glad you're here." She says, changing the subject so as to leave that awkward moment behind them as quickly as they can. "I wanted your opinion on something. It's... very important, and has to do with school..."

Aigothurz might have been in the cafeteria during Aikobaz's ill-fated attempt at getting a date. When she was laughed out of the room and locked herself in the bathroom until Mary interrupted her. Odds are, he might already know what this is about.

"...Do you think I'm... repulsive?" She asks, nervously running her hands together. Her gaze wanders off to the side as she considers her own question.

...In hindsight, that probably wasn't the best question to ask in this context. But it's been in her head all morning and Aigothurz was her first real opportunity to get it out.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Jan 07, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

A few days after the revelation that they're having twins, Sophie heads to Trick's study so they can attempt what they decided on, which is explore the memories that seem to be carried by the Exaltation within her soul. She couldn't say no to Trick, given how excited she was and how she got stuck with the job of carrying their kids. But besides that, she's rather curious herself. The ins and outs of her power still elude her, despite Corvus' help.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

And what she finds in Trick's study is quite a thing. As she comes in, Trick is putting the finishing touches on a series of runes. She's been working extremely hard throughout the past couple days, even summoning up a pair of ghosts to help her move the furniture of the room out into the storage room so that she'd have more access to the walls. Plumbing the soul's depths, and especially doing it safely, is hard. Especially with Sophie's own magical resistance.

And the study is showing it. Every visible surface, from the walls to the floor to the ceiling, have been covered different varieties of runes, often in different configurations and even colors based on their position around the place. Trick herself is somewhat covered in chalk dust, though she's been washing up at night to make sure it doesn't get spread around the house. And in the center of the room is a hammock, hanging perfectly so that someone inside it would be in the dead center of all the runecraft.

"Ah, good! We can get started! The ritual craft for this is going to be a little awkward, but we should be fine. If we had a fully circular room, this wouldn't have taken so much."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie takes a good look around the study. Well, well. Her wife doesn't do things halfway, she knows that.

"And with me in the middle. In the hammock, I presume?" She puts her hands on her hips. "You're intimately familiar with my body by now, so it makes sense you'll take a look at my soul too."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Hmm~," Trick lets out a pleased sound, "Yeah. Both of us actually. There's no room elsewhere for the caster to be while still being inside the room. I could probably manage it from outside, but the memory viewing would get muddy, and that'd defeat the point."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"It might get a little cramped, but that's never stopped us." Sophie smiles. "Just let me know when to get into the hammock and we'll get this show on the road."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"You can do it now, if you like," Trick says with a smile. She turns back to the runes, and starts filling out the last space on the wall left for them, "I'll join you just as soon as I've done the finishing touches."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Without further ado, Sophie takes off her shoes and lies down in the hammock. This is not how she expected this procedure to go, but she'll roll with it. Cuddling with Trick on a hammock is a very good way to go about it, anyway.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Trick only has a few more runes to make, and then she climbs into the hammock after Sophie. Cuddles like this aren't awkward yet, though Trick's baby bump is already larger than a singleton child would make her, and it's only a matter of time before her pregnancy makes it impossible to handle. But hey, for now, it's no issue.

Trick's tail wraps around Sophie's waist to hold them close, and she rests her bony forehead against Sophie's own, "Alright. Close your eyes, and I'll guide us into the ritual."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie closes her eyes and relaxes. As stressful as this has been, especially with the unexpected twins, feeling Trick's pregnant belly close to her fills her with warmth. Those are their children, finally on their way.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Kitsuki's brow furrows. Does this girl have so few connections. "Oh, you have a sister. Yes you should definitely call her." She seizes on that. Maybe that's a family link that can help her get wherever she needs to be...

The rest doesn't really do anything to make the kitsune feel better. "...We can do that, but what is this about?" She questions first.

Upstairs

"Oh thank god. I thought I might have to be worried." He teases as he steps in close to put his hands on her hips. He gives her a brief little kiss, but doesn't get into it just yet. "It's pretty cool you have your own bathroom now, but maybe the bed might be more comfortable." He suggests with a fresh wink.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

Leis stumbles back as the ghastly apparition before her rushes into the binding plane, only to breathe a sigh of relief. Okay, now that she has it contained, she can work on banishing it-

Bonk!

"Agh!" The tiefling seems to jump and wince at the same time at the strike, raising a hand to the spot and whirling to face the sudden attacker - and then realizes her jeans are way too breezy right now. She takes a step back, glancing in worry between the witchlike spirit and the sudden change in attire. Aw man, and she'd liked that top too!

"S-stay away!" The tiefling chucks another handful of salt at the second ghost and turns to book it, running towards where she last saw the kids. Hopefully the first ghost wouldn't be smart enough to just float through the top or bottom of the golden phalanx around it.

[Uninvited] - Upstairs

Stasia lets her eyes slide closed, embarrassingly ready to let herself get distracted from all the hectic goings-on with a seriously inadvisable makeout sesh - only to snap them back open with a disappointed whine. The desperate look that follows suddenly widens into shock, the red in Stasia's face seeping into the tips of her ears.

"I-I- um, I dunno if that's a good idea," she protests rather meekly, glancing away even as her wagging tail goes into overdrive. The last thing she wants is to risk having everything come out... but it's also really, really hard to say no to him right now.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

Eshe goes right to the cabinet she knows mom puts stuff in. She rattles at the doors. "I can't get in!"

Jaazha stands by the door, bouncing from foot to foot. This isn't good! Then she sees Leis running by. "Leis! Help us!" She calls her over.

Meanwhile the other three are being pursued!

...Slowly. This doesn't seem to slow the girls down, though. "It's following!" Orlane warns as they run through the living room. They'll scoot out the door at the north of the room. Maybe trying to circle way around and find their sisters is the plan???

[Uninvited]

Upstairs

Eliseo considers this reaction for a moment, then he's pretty sure he's figured it out. "Oh, you're worried Annie's gonna come in. I guess she's definitely around right?"

No problem. He takes her hand and guides her the other direction into the bathroom. He casually kicks the seat down, sits, and tries to guide Stasia into straddling his lap. "Is this better?" He grin, and without protest he'll engage in the making out proper!
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Upstairs

"Y-yeah, kinda," Stasia agrees nervously. That's basically the same thing as what she was worried about, after all. She's far too weak to resist Eliseo leading her away from the door and pulling her onto her lap, deep crimson spreading down her neck. Unable to find the words, she nods quickly, leaning in for the kiss -

Suddenly, the door to the bathroom bursts open. Stasia jumps, lets out a little "eep!-" and pales.

"Okay, I was trying to ignore all that, but - Stasia, can you seriously stop like, whatever you're doing-" Suddenly, Ana blinks, registers the other occupant of the room, and reddens a little. "O-oh, uh - hey." She stands there a little awkwardly, half-dressed in jeans and a sports bra with a t-shirt under her arm.
~Welcome to Night Vale