BC's Best... Cottages?

Personal homes and private lots.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: BC's Best... Cottages?

Post by bc56 »

Quiet Moments
"Thank you sir... Here's the studio manager."
A new voice comes on the line. "Thanks for waiting, Lord Brignole. We would like to extend our apologies for the insult against your family perpetrated by our presenters." The man's voice oozes audible sleaze, even through the phone connection. Likely the "color commentary" is part of the draw of that particular program. "If there's anything we can do to make it up to you, let me know."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Quiet Moments

"Prince, if you please. Not Lord." Prumathe's already taken a disliking to this man, as his insistence upon the true title implies. He's far less stuffy about such things than Sekhmet, and usually prefers to be just called 'Prumathe'. "My wife has informed me your presenter's current status shall last for the next three shows, as a minimum. If they were to apologise, live on air, for their remarks about our daughter, it may remain three episodes, as opposed to becoming four. I would further demand that my daughter is not mentioned on this program again, for a minimum of five years- regardless of the host. I will have a contract drafted to this effect, and sent to you. The contract will, of course, bear a curse if it's broken- one directed not at the presenters, but at you, and it would... perhaps not be so gentle." Probably an empty threat, at least until after he's discussed things with Sekhmet.

"On a lighter note, does the 'Most Huggable Demon' title come with a certificate? My wife expressed interest in displaying it." Both a means to get the thing he was wondering about, and also a way to inform this sleazy oilball that they will continue watching the show to ensure their conditions are met.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Quiet Moments
"I'll let them know as soon as they're done being distracted," the manager replies. "Send a draft of the contract over and I'll have our lawyers look at it." The question of the award elicits a chuckle. "It was an online competition but we can have a certificate made and mailed to you. Anything else?" There's a little audible fear in the sleazeball's voice. He knows Prumathe could bring the furies of Hell down on his head via Sekhmet.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Dec 21, 2023 9:44 pm Sleeping Soundly
All forms of Sekhmet love hugs, so the succubus queen gladly returns the gesture of affection.
Then she stands up, spins around on her heels, and offers her hands to Exstacy. "Let's take advantage of our current freedom and dance until dawn." Hopefully Stacy's subconscious can provide an appropriate venue. The inside of a bus doesn't have nearly enough space.
[Sleeping Soundly]

One would think so. But as soon as the intent to dance starts, the bus starts to come off a lot roomier, the narrow corridor between the seats expanding outward into more reasonably-sized square, providing ample room for the both of them to move around. The bus seats line the walls, but now on all four sides, facing inward so the occupants (mostly just random people Exstacy's presumably met at some point) can watch the two of them go about their favored activities. In the back, the remaining seats have been replaced with a set of large speakers, a headphone-wearing disk jockey sitting nearby and fiddling with mixing equipment with the apparent goal of getting the volume just right... which, thanks to dream shenanigans, it seems she can manage. One quick turn around the room sees it flood full of people who were definitely not there a minute ago, most of them engaged in the kind of dancing Exstacy and the demon queen were doing... or maybe a bit further than that, it's too dark to make anything out too clearly.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sleeping Soundly
Sekhmet's succubus aspect smiles at the change in scenery. "Could the real bus do this?" She expects not but she's just making small talk.

And they dance. The succubus queen is glad to get out of her cage and so she has plenty of energy and enthusiasm to spare. Her own magic is at play, subtly mingling with the dream in ways that won't become apparent quite yet. She can't help herself. It feels so good to cut loose.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Sleeping Soundly]

"Hm?" Exstacy doesn't seem to quite follow. What bus? They're very clearly not in a bus.

Not that it matters. The dance takes up most of her focus anyway. And while the demon queen strongly implied there was an upper limit to how far she could go with it without attracting Sekhmet's attention, Exstacy suffers from no such limitation, and furthermore entered into this situation comfortably nude. As such, what follows is quite the spectacle.

As evidenced by the increasingly obvious fact that everyone in the room is watching them.

That probably wouldn't be so bizarre, given the circumstances. But the look in their eyes isn't one of fascination or carnal interest.

No, the bus seems to be looking at the both of them judgmentally.

Everyone.

Even the DJ, who brings the music down to an awkward crawl.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sleeping Soundly
Succubus-Sekhmet, on the other hand, is clothed, but not much. She would throw herself into the dance (if only as far as she went during the party), but the behavior of the figments of Stacy's imagination prompts her to slow down and stop.

"Are you all right?" she asks, "Because it seems like your subconscious," she gestures at the crowd, "Doesn't approve."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Sleeping Soundly]

"Dude, this is what I do." Exstacy replies, still seeming to wither under the room's collective gaze despite her apparent confidence. "I'm a goddamn succubus. If I want to dance naked with a hot lady that's clearly into me, I'm gonna. In fact-" She pulls the other succubus in closer and plants a kiss directly on her lips, with all the zeal Sekhmet was probably expecting by now.

Tellingly, the whole room goes silent and still at this, the music stopping and the people turning to statues, staring at her with frozen expressions of disgust.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sleeping Soundly
At the proclamation and the kiss, the succubus queen returns the gesture of affection without reluctance. In this close embrace, Stacy will be able to feel the scars on Sekhmet's back, ropy bands of uneven flesh cris-crossing every which way across her smooth, warm skin. They must be important, since the succubus doesn't shapeshift them away despite their hideousness.

Succubus-Sekhmet extricates her tongue from Exstacy's mouth first and leans back in the other succubus' arms. "I get it. I can feel everyone's attraction to me and my instincts scream at me to reciprocate. But I'm sharing my self with .. as you said, not prudes exactly, but they significantly limit my actions. But when you showed up again, I saw an opportunity. I can dream about dancing with you and my other selves will assume it was triggered by their awkward feelings on seeing you again, while I get to relieve some of the pressure on me to conform to succubus standards. Prumathe does heroic service keeping me satisfied, but he's just one man.

Anyway..."
She gestures around the room at the glaring statues, "I'm hardly a therapist, but it seems like whether you acknowledge it or not, you have some issue with the situation. They're all part of your dream, I didn't put them there." She looks conflicted. "It goes against every fiber of my being to say this, but if there's something you need to work out... Maybe we should hold off on this." normally succubi are not big on restraint. The other Sekhmets must have rubbed off on this one. Of course she'll justify it by saying something about how unexpected behaviors from Stacy would break the illusion that this is an ordinary dream, but that's not really true at all.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Sleeping Soundly]

"What is there to work out?" Exstacy frowns, halfheartedly attempting to pull her way back into a hug. "I'm fine. This isn't even the first time you've turned up in here. I mean, not you you, but... you know. And we're still not even at the saucy part. I'm completely fine with this."

The throng of statues around them don't move, but the room is suddenly filled with the sounds of booing and jeering, and a few over-ripe tomatoes materialize and fling themselves at the pair.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Exstacy snaps. "What the hell, brain?! Why can't you just let me have this?!"

As if in response, the room goes dark again, save for the abrupt appearance of two spotlights. The first is on Sekhmet and Exstacy, still in each other's arms. The second is on one of the statues, though with as many as are there it's a bit difficult to tell which one. Thankfully, they seem to have the sense to mostly fade quietly out of focus, leaving a third succubus exposed.

Sekhmet shouldn't have any trouble recognizing her. DEATHKISS's lead singer is an icon, and if she knows any of them by name (other than Exstacy) it would probably be Malady.

Who does not look like she could be any less comfortable with the situation. Her hands are pressed up against her ears, in an attempt to block out what was, a moment ago, apparently far too much music for her. She's curled up halfway into the fetal position, pressed as far back against her seat as she can be and her knees pulled up to her chest. She's wearing a nice, short-skirted dress, which doesn't lend itself to this pose very well, and her legs are partially crossed to avoid drawing too much attention to the resulting wardrobe malfunction. A couple of nearby statues show other attendees at this impromptu club attempting to speak with her, apparently either oblivious or apathetic to her discomfort, and she stares back at them, wide-eyed and looking as though she's on the verge of crying.

"...Oh."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Sleeping
"I remind you of her." Sekhmet looks nervous all of a sudden. She breaks off the embrace. "When you... With me... At the party. It, uh, was like what happened to her." This isn't good for her. This kind of deviation from expectations in the dream will draw suspicion and reveal that she's been wandering while her other selves are asleep. "... I can't stay. If you need to talk to someone about this, talk to all of me about this when we wake. Not about the dream, me, uh, being here. Just this. Her. I'm not a therapist but it looks like you need to get something off your chest." The succubus is fading out, her body becoming translucent and ephemeral as she exits the dream.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Sleeping]

"What? That's not it at-" Exstacy starts to protest, but the succubus already seems to be gone. And without her, the dream continues to devolve further, the statues coming back to life, swarming around her, and-

Well, thankfully, she isn't going to remember much past that point. Not being a lucid dreamer or anything.

Exstacy wakes with a start, the sheets under her soaked in sweat. Great. She's been here one night and they're already going to need to be changed.

The first thing the succubus notices when she tries to get up and... maybe get a glass of water or something, to get her mind off the dream she just had, is that she's not alone. Euphoria's made her way back in the interim, presumably returning at a relatively late hour. As soon as she has the sheet off her body, she has to repeat the gesture to remove the larger succubus's arm from under her chest.

Luckily, she has the good sense to fold her wings again before stepping out of the room. It'd be a bit awkward if she greeted any of the other residents with full frontal on their nighttime trips.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Down to the kitchen where the glasses and water are. There's a light on, even at this late hour, and the sounds of someone rummaging through cupboards.

Sure enough, a feathery tail and pair of wings poking out of the open pantry.
The teenage succubus looks up. She's wearing a set of fuzzy seafoam green pajamas. "Oh hey. Here for a midnight snack?" The heaping plate of food sitting on the kitchen table doesn't look like a "midnight snack" so much as a "midnight feast." But then again, at dinner yesterday, the girl proved she could eat a lot.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

Exstacy raises an eyebrow as she eyes the plate full of food. She'd heard of teenagers having ridiculous appetites at times, but this was just insane. Not that she herself was in any position to judge; at this point, for various reasons, they should just both be glad succubushood came with an immunity to diabetes.

That eyebrow stays up as she turns her attention to the quite-young-looking succubus in front of her. She hadn't actually met Mary before tonight, having taken dinner separately from both the family and the other guests, but there weren't many options regarding her identity; how many teenaged succubi could there be in this house?

...More than one. But thankfully, she doesn't know that.

"You must be Mary." Exstacy says with a small smile and an awkward shuffle. "Nice to meet you. I'm Stacy; I'm sure your mom's already told you about us."

...Oh, right. Back to the original topic.

"...You know, I wasn't going to get anything at first, but... eh, you talked me into it." Exstacy flips around a nearby chair and straddles it, resting her arms and chin on its back as she examines the pantry's contents for something that's both snackable and won't be missed... a much harder search than it probably should be, given that Mary's likely already picked out all the good stuff.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Mary is used to being scrutinized like that. Her appearance is distinct, not many girls her age are so generously proportioned. She squints back at Stacy, examining the older succubus' clothing and build.
"Yeah she did. You're staying here to hide from demon hunters and you're with Deathkiss," Mary confirms. Her tone implies that she has more familiarity with Deathkiss than just knowing of their existence.
"Sure, help yourself," Mary isn't limiting herself to snack food but also taking leftovers from the fridge, so there's plenty of cookies, crackers, chips, and fruit in the well-stocked pantry.
Mary wolfs down a slab of cold Thanksmas ham in the few moments Stacy is finding something to eat.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

Exstacy clears her throat awkwardly and shuffles in the chair. "Ah. Right. Your mom mentioned that you, ah... were a fan." She purses her lips at the thought, biting back a little pang of guilt. Mary's too young for their kind of music. Granted, if she's spent any time with her mom at work, she's probably seen... comparable, if not worse, but it's still an uncomfortable implication, that Exstacy might have played a part in taking the girl's innocence too soon.

Sure a good thing that there's some comforting snack food nearby.

After a moment of awkward silence, punctuated by the sound of Exstacy unwrapping a twinkie and reflecting just a little too much on the name, shape, and contents of the pastry, the succubus makes an attempt at re-entering the conversation before her mind has a chance to wander any farther.

"Your mum also told me you're rather creative." She continues, leaving the snack undisturbed on its wrapper. "And that got me wondering... you don't play, by any chance?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
That is maybe one of the most awkward things Stacy could've said to Mary, but she had no way of knowing that. How the Hell does she explain that she was a fan, back when her mind and body were being controlled by her evil grandma? How does she say that without making it sound like the music is bad and she hates it? She just thinks it's fine.
So instead she just mumbles out an "Ummm..." and blushes a faint black, which probably gives a very different impression of her feelings than reality. Then the question, which just deepens the embarrassment. Is she tacitly offering to let Mary play with the band? Probably not but Mary's already overthinking things. Her cheeks turn even deeper black as she murmurs, "...No?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

Oh dear. The band was a sore point. Exstacy probably should have guessed that, from what she knew of Sekhmet. She can see it now; Mary in her room with a set of headphones and a walkman, accidentally knocking one loose from the other, and in the process summoning her mother, who has a long talk with her about what kinds of music are appropriate for teenaged girls and how long she's going to be grounded for bringing that into her house.

Touchy subject.

"Ah, well..." Exstacy clears her throat again. "Mostly I ask because I'm going to be here for a while. If you were interested, I was thinking of maybe spending some of that time showing you around a guitar. Well, not necessarily you specifically, but somebody here. I mean, if you're going to shack up with a rock star for a few months you'd probably at least think about the opportunity, right?" She gives Mary a nervous little chuckle.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Mary considers the offer. She'd like to lurn music but she's not really interested in guitar and how would it look if she was learning from Deathkiss of all people and...
"Okay!" she says.
No dammit you were supposed to politely turn her down, not eagerly accept. What are you thinking?
"I'm not sure what mum'll think of it, but it sounds fun."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"What is there to think of?" Exstacy grins and gives a little shrug. "I might not play the kinds of things your mum approves of, but that doesn't mean you can't. All I'd be doing is showing you the ropes and teaching you a new skill. How could she possibly object to that?"

She's sure Sekhmet would find a way. People get a bit jumpy with the whole guilt-by-association thing, Sekhmet likely included.

"And if anyone but your mum asks, you can say you learned it from A.K. Ariti. That won't give you the same credentials but it'll take a lot of the secondhand embarrassment out." She grins, her tail flicking back and forth behind her.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"I dunno. It just seems like something she'd disapprove of." Mary expects complaints would be couched in the form of "guitar is not a dignified enough instrument for a princess" rather than "I don't like who you're learning guitar from."
"A. K. Ariti? The kids' writer? That's you?" Mary seems just as surprised as Sekhmet was.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"Yeah, that's me." Exstacy smiles, a little twinge of pride working its way into her voice. "What can I say? I love kids. I just don't live the kind of life that would lead into me having my own, you know? Also I can't, since I'm technically, y'know, dead." She pauses, a thought seeming to occur to her. "That's not a thing around here, is it? I mean your mom's a succubus and she has kids, obviously, but then she's also the queen and I could totally see that coming with an exception..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Mary looks even more awkward at the implied question. "We can't. I'm adopted and Red's really special. Like gift-from-a-fertility-goddess special. He breaks the rules." Mary looks far too much like her parents to be adopted, but Stacy probably knows better than anyone that appearances like that are meaningless to shapeshifters.
"And Grandmum had mum somehow but we don't know how that worked."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

Exstacy's smile fades a bit as Mary answers her question. "...Right. Sorry. Inappropriate." She mutters quietly, brushing her bangs off her forehead and letting out an awkward sigh of her own. "I mean, good to know, but... yeah." She clears her throat and shuffles a bit on the seat. "...Listen, if I say any more dumb sh- stuff like that... don't worry about answering, okay? I've been doing that since I got here. Longer, even. Sometimes I just... I'm not entirely in-tune with the, um..." She waves her hand around the room. "...the vibe, I guess. Which you'd think wouldn't be a problem a musician would have, but... yeah. No pressure or anything. Okay?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"It's fine, I don't mind," Mary says, "You can ask me whatever questions, I won't tell anyone if you make a fool of yourself." Now that's not completely true. There are some questions Mary probably won't answer but she's not thinking about that right now. "So don't worry about it."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"...I still have loads of them." Exstacy begins, absent-mindedly nibbling on the twinkie. "But a lot of them are still related to... well, you know, that. Can't really help it; most people think of succubi, and they think of that kind of stuff, myself included. Plus I've only been one for a year... actually..." She pauses to think about it. "No, two years now, actually. No, wait, nearly three. That's... huh. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess." She shrugs. "Point is, not too terribly long. And a lot of that's been spent as expected. So... yeah."

She snaps her fingers. "Oh, wait, here's one. Since your mum's kind of succubi don't normally have babies, where do they all come from? Dead people who weren't considered good enough for heaven?"
Last edited by Ironsmith on Dec 30, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Okay please don't ask me about that," Mary responds, blushing again. She really hasn't engaged with that aspect of succubus culture; despite everything she's still a virgin.
"Yeah... Evil dead people. Mum gets really tired dealing with them all the time." And as heir apparent, that's what Mary has to look forward to in her future.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"But, like, evil evil or just, like, morally inadequate?" Exstacy asks, folding her hands. "Like... do you have to be the kind of person who punts puppies at old ladies to end up a succubus, or can it happen from just living a 'meh' kind of life?" She raises an eyebrow. "Because I can see the one being way more exhausting than the other."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Evil evil. Most damned souls don't become demons. Only the most powerful ones with the strongest wills and the most unrepentant convictions." Ruling over a bunch of unrepentant monsters is an awful experience and would probably be the cause of a serious drinking problem if Sekhmet wasn't immune to the effects of alcohol and most other poisons. "The whole... Thing is sort of bread and circuses for them, because Hell sucks and it all makes it somewhat more bearable."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"...Huh." Exstacy frowns, not seeming entirely satisfied with that explanation. "...I mean, that's fff- messed up, but I guess not as much so as it could be." She frowns, seeming to realize something odd about the choice of phrase Mary used. "...Wait. You said 'most damned souls' don't become demons. What happens to the ones that aren't, you know, demon-worthy? Do they just, like, fade into oblivion or something?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,