BC's Best... Cottages?

Personal homes and private lots.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: BC's Best... Cottages?

Post by Earl of Purple »

Quiet Moments

"Of course. I'll get to work on that contract as soon as I can. There is nothing further I wish to discuss right now, unless my wife wishes to add something?" Prumathe turns to Sekhmet as he speaks. If she nods he'll pass the phone over, otherwise he's likely to just hang up after a cursory dismissal.

Regardless, after the phone call is over, Prumathe frowns. "Do we have a lawyer? Anyone in your domain you trust with the relevant experience?" Probably cheaper than finding a mortal lawyer and hiring them, although perhaps his sister Sam can help. Fae also deal with contracts, and a fae lawyer might be able to hide the curse better than Sekhmet and a demon would- especially since it's a diabolic TV show, whose lawyers have potential experience with demonic contracts.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Mary shrugs. "They're there, just out of it. Like they're replaying the punishment for their sins over and over." Mary evidently doesn't think too much of it.

Quiet Moments
Sekhmet shakes her head. She's only hearing one side of the conversation, but she doesn't have anything to add.

Once the call is over, she responds. "I could, uh, gather a number of the best lawyers in history, but they wouldn't necessarily be familiar with, uh, Nexus law." And they'd all be demons, so they're more like the worst lawyers in history in a different sense.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"...And those are the ones that aren't total rotten bastards?" Exstacy frowns, resting her chin on her fist. "...Well, poop. That's just a bum deal in general. If you're really bad, you might get to spend eternity as a hot demoness. If you're only so-so, you'll be lucky to get situational awareness." She grimaces. "And here I thought our afterlife was messed up."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Yeah. The way mum describes it it sounds like demons aren't supposed to happen. That it wasn't possible until something broke the system. But then she gets really tight-lipped about it. There's probably one of those secrets she can't share involved." Mary's not aware of exactly why Sekhmet can't talk about certain things, but she's able to notice when it happens.
"And Sapphira made the succubi the way they are. Most demons aren't hot." And succubosity comes with some serious drawbacks as well.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"At least it's not that way by design. By initial design, I mean." Exstacy frowns. "Because as it stands, if anyone knew, they might take that as an encouragement to really go whole-hog on the whole 'being evil' thing. Which, honestly, sounds a bit like it'd be the sort of thing a demon-maker would want, right? More evildoing, more misery, more minions. It's not too different from how our-"

Exstacy stops, suddenly looking behind her as an ethereal chill rolls through the room. It's gone as quickly as it came, thankfully.

"...Has your mum, ah, set about trying to change that around at all?" She asks quietly, warily switching the subject.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
Mary considers. "She's trying," Mary says, "She can't exactly unmake demons or prevent new ones from appear, so she's trying to change the culture? I don't think it's really working but you can't just change a kingdom that's been ruled by an evil madwoman for tens of thousands of years." Sapphira left her mark on every aspect of the Depths, including on Sekhmet herself. Purging her influence would take many lifetimes of work.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"...Ah." Exstacy frowns, taking another bite from her twinkie as she considers the implications. "...And how, exactly, has she gone about trying to 'change the culture'?" She asks after a moment. "Because I can't imagine the demons made from the worst of the worst are going to be too receptive to the idea of just... you know, not being that way."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"I dunno really. She wants me to focus on schoolwork and stay out of the Depths as much as possible. Something about treating them different and encouraging repentance and forgiveness." Mary shrugs. "I'd say it's time to end this conversation and get back to bed, but I don't really need to sleep, so... This is getting boring, want to talk about something else?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"Oh thank god." Exstacy breathes, giving an exaggerated sigh of relief. "I was hoping the opportunity to say something would come up. I know you're not really supposed to talk about religion or politics at the dinner table, and if we're being honest this is kind of both, but I guess they don't tell you that's because it just gets tedious."

Exstacy pops the rest of her twinkie in her mouth and reflexively wipes off her hands on each other. "So whad did you wun talb bout isead?" The succubus asks. "Summin bout school? Or...?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"School's kinda boring too. Plus I haven't been there in a while. I was sick for a long time." Mary's expression says she doesn't want to talk about that.
"What's it like being a rockstar?" That's probably a question Stacy gets often.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

Exstacy smirks. "Right. Should have seen that one coming." She chortles, steepling her fingers. "Okay. There's a lot to it and everyone handles it a little differently, so... hm. Where to start."

She pauses a moment, giving off a thoughtful hm as her fingers tap against her cheeks. "Well, I guess you're probably going to want to know what it's like to be famous. Seems like a useful thing for a princess to know." Exstacy scratches under her chin. "You ever see your name in the news? It's probably happened at least once before now, right?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Mum shows up in the news a lot more than me. She wants me to be able to live without being mobbed by paparazzi, I think." Mary considers the question. "Oh! There was the one time a talk show did a segment about me," Mary's grinning to herself as if there's something funny. Fortunately for Stacy, she continues, "The hosts made a couple inappropriate comments about me and Mum got so mad. She went and turned them both into women!" Now the demon princess is laughing aloud.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"...Guess you had to be there." Exstacy shrugs, managing a polite smirk at the story before continuing. "Anyway, the thing is, after a certain point, you're gonna find yourself in a situation where there's eyes on you all the time. Like... imagine a room of several thousand strangers that know way too much about what you wore to school today. Some of them think it's a cute outfit and are glad you have such good taste. Some think it's a cute outfit because it appeals to your taste. Some are going to be outraged, saying things like 'Ugh, can you believe how slutty this generation is dressing? Just look at this Mary Brignole lady, she wore that to school.'" She shakes her head. "Now extrapolate that across everything you do in a remotely public place. Some people thrive under that kind of attention, some don't. It really depends on what sort of boundaries you set and such."
Last edited by Ironsmith on Jan 06, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Look up the video on the Internet their reactions are hilarious. But I guess that curse has nearly ended now. Mum only made it last a couple weeks." Apparently Mary finds things like that funny. Anyway, reminiscing aside...
"I get that. Being a succubus means all eyes are on you whether you want them or not," Mary considers. She doesn't mention that during her time manipulated by Sapphira she wore a lot of clothes that easily fell into that third category.
"You haven't met Bella yet? She struggles with that. She doesn't want to stand out, but she's a succubus. She can't help it." Mary probably shouldn't be disclosing her feelings about the hostage's self-consciousness with the new guests, but she has to talk about it with someone and Sekhmet is more sympathetic to Bella's perspective.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Quiet Moments

"Morally worst doesn't mean they aren't good lawyers. The worst people tend to be able to afford the very best." The lawyers that Prumathe knows, most of them are in someway affiliated with the Fairy Godfather. And it's less that he knows them and more that his sister knows them because she's a brownie. "I understand, though. I'll ask Samantha for some advice and contacts. We should probably get a lawyer on retainer for the future, though." This is a one-off, hopefully at least, but... There might be other attempts in the future, or other legal crises of varying stripes.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Quiet Moments
Sekhmet never mentioned that the demon lawyers were morally bankrupt aloud, but it did go without saying. "I'd prefer to retain a mortal lawyer. For, uh, public image reasons. But for this contract, I, uh, want to teach them I'm not to be trifled with." She'll find the most terrifying hell-lawyer she can and sic them on the studio.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Quiet Moments

"Right, yeah. That makes sense. I'll ring Samantha, see what she can suggest." Having put the phone down, Prumathe picks it back up again, though this time he doesn't need to look up a number- it's one he's memorised a long time ago.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Quiet Moments
Calls are made and recommendations gathered.
In the future, the Brignoles will have legal aid to draw on, but for now, they can finally return to their relaxation... With the TV turned off.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Jan 04, 2024 4:22 am Soundly Not Sleeping
"Look up the video on the Internet their reactions are hilarious. But I guess that curse has nearly ended now. Mum only made it last a couple weeks." Apparently Mary finds things like that funny. Anyway, reminiscing aside...
"I get that. Being a succubus means all eyes are on you whether you want them or not," Mary considers. She doesn't mention that during her time manipulated by Sapphira she wore a lot of clothes that easily fell into that third category.
"You haven't met Bella yet? She struggles with that. She doesn't want to stand out, but she's a succubus. She can't help it." Mary probably shouldn't be disclosing her feelings about the hostage's self-consciousness with the new guests, but she has to talk about it with someone and Sekhmet is more sympathetic to Bella's perspective.
[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"Well... yeah." Exstacy clears her throat, not quite ready for the abrupt change in topic.

Who the hell is Bella?

She almost wants to say it out loud, but... well, actually, no, she really probably should just ask.

"...So, I... definitely haven't met Bella yet. Friend of yours, I take it?" She asks, starting with the obvious and going from there. Or at least it seems obvious. Mary probably wouldn't bring her up if she was a school rival or something, right?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"You'll meet her soon, probably, she lives here. She's our hostage," Mary realizes how that sounds. "We didn't kidnap her! Hostage like in the really old times. A noble family sends their kid to be educated by another family to seal an alliance," That's better, right? "She's practically my sister."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Soundly Not Sleeping]

"Okay I'm really glad you cleared that up because I actually stopped breathing there for a second." Exstacy grimaces, shaking her head. "So... I guess the modern equivalent would be, like, an exchange student, almost? I mean it's not a perfect comparison, right, but... yeah."

The succubus leans on her fingers, resting her chin on them and watching Mary for a moment, before sitting back up and stretching. "I should probably head back upstairs to bed." She says, rolling her shoulder with a light pop. "If I'm gone for too long Euphoria's probably going to wake up and come looking for me, and then the noise we make from there will probably draw your mom or something, and then we might as well all just be up for the day and I'm not ready for that."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Soundly Not Sleeping
"Good night," Mary doesn't go to bed. She already mentioned that she doesn't really need to sleep.

She'll stay up, thinking about the offer of guitar lessons; an offer she took without hesitation. Thinking and worrying...
How's Sekhmet going to respond?